Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 947034 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #8400 on: June 17, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
OMG yes, I never woulda imagined this but I am so there :lol

Have you tried Ion Fury or Project Warlock?  Both are old-school style FPS games and Ion Fury is similar in style to Duke!

ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8401 on: June 17, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »

Is a reasonably priced $10...if you purchase before July 7th.

OMG yes, I never woulda imagined this but I am so there :lol

Giving Randy Pitchford more money  :-X
Super glad I grabbed the Megaton edition on steam when it was available.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8402 on: June 18, 2020, 08:04:15 AM »
Nintendo usually does their Pokemon presentations a week or 2 weeks before the E3 thangs.

I'm leaning towards some sort of updates and announcements next week.
Either just dumped on Twitter daily or something more prepared like a Super Mario remasters presentation.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8403 on: June 18, 2020, 08:15:22 AM »
Looks like you can pre-purchase Duke Nukem for $5. 
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8404 on: June 18, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8405 on: June 18, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Looks like you can pre-purchase Duke Nukem for $5. 

Fucking steal :lawd

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #8407 on: June 19, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »
Was able nab a Switch!!!!!!! :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Got this bundle which I saw was in stock on a stock tracker website

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-with-neon-joy-cons-gamer-bundle/B204620I.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Stock+Informer+%28US%29&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=k9iPH82yDyA-nF.8uv42FP6uITtbBpvg4w

It's pretty much the cost of a brand new Switch on EBAY that comes with no games nor pro controller.

I'm gonna be a Switch boi soon
 :aah
OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8408 on: June 19, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Let me know when you get set up darling
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8409 on: June 19, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »
My pro controller left stick is starting to drift. Anyone else experience this? I’ve had it for about three years now.
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8410 on: June 19, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
My pro controller left stick is starting to drift. Anyone else experience this? I’ve had it for about three years now.
It's a signal that you need to buy Burnout Paradise.
🤴

Fifstar

« Reply #8411 on: June 20, 2020, 12:40:22 PM »

Not unusual, pro controllers are also prone to  drifting.
Gulp

Tasty

« Reply #8412 on: June 20, 2020, 01:34:04 PM »
:( Damn that's not what I want to hear.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8413 on: June 20, 2020, 04:32:53 PM »

Please Understand™
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8414 on: June 20, 2020, 04:39:49 PM »
My hori left split drifts now too so fuck it all

Tasty

« Reply #8415 on: June 20, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »

Please Understand™

Guess I have to ditch Switch for Stadia now :stahp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8416 on: June 20, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
bish stop frontin, you gonna buy another pro controller and you know it
yar

Tasty

« Reply #8417 on: June 20, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »
:stahp

I guess it's a good thing I sold two of my launch ones earlier lol.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8418 on: June 20, 2020, 07:19:20 PM »
 :crowdlaff Is this now worse than RRoD? And they don't give a shit about it. Probably because of their horrendous slutty fanbase.

Exclusives are still a joke, but considering how big of a port dumpster this system now is, it wouldn't be so bad as a retro machine. Lites are now reaching 150 bucks used, which I always found kind of an okay ceiling for a retro console. But then I read that it still has the same exact issues?  :lol What, so I play one longer game like FF7 and can throw it away? Freaking fisher price trash, wth.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8419 on: June 20, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
 ::)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8420 on: June 20, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »
Xbox still hands down best controllers, I’ve really should just look into that thing that lets you use em with switch

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8421 on: June 21, 2020, 07:38:59 AM »
Xbox still hands down best controllers, I’ve really should just look into that thing that lets you use em with switch
Elite 2s often have a fucked Rb button, they retail for $180. :doge
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8422 on: June 21, 2020, 08:37:50 AM »
I'm surprised no one adopted the GameCube calibration method.
Whenever you booted up the GameCube it would re-calibrate the sticks based on the neutral position so even if the sticks got wobbly they would always feel perfect.

In F-Zero GX however, you could configure the deadzone and pretty much every parameter of each individual stick.

GameCube  :preach
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8423 on: June 21, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »
A firmware deadzone adjustment option would probably solve the drifts I have, they’re pretty minor

mormapope

« Reply #8424 on: June 21, 2020, 10:50:18 AM »
For those that have played both at some point, Dragon Quest 11 S or Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, which is the better open JRPG?

I played about half of Dragon Quest 8, never played Xenoblade Chronicles.
OH!

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8425 on: June 21, 2020, 11:45:46 AM »
For those that have played both at some point, Dragon Quest 11 S or Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, which is the better open JRPG?

If you're looking for open world, then Xenoblade. DQ11's overworld is subdivided into smaller regions (like FFXII but a bit more open and cohesive than that game, it's not like you're in a deep forest and then suddenly on an ice mountain), unlike DQ8 whose overworld was one giant streaming world. Xenoblade's world feels much larger, even though it technically is divided into regions as well.

As for the overall game, it depends.

Is music really important to you? DQ11's soundtrack is terrible, while Xenoblade's is really good

For battle system, XB incorporates an mmo-influenced system with auto-attack and cooldowns. While you know what to expect from DQ.

Storyline, do you want a traditional story (with a dark twist toward the middle of the game) and lots of heartwarming little scenarios, or do you prefer a more grandiose epic with the philosophical musings popular in the PS1 era of RPGs?
^_^

mormapope

« Reply #8426 on: June 21, 2020, 12:42:23 PM »

If you're looking for open world, then Xenoblade. DQ11's overworld is subdivided into smaller regions (like FFXII but a bit more open and cohesive than that game, it's not like you're in a deep forest and then suddenly on an ice mountain), unlike DQ8 whose overworld was one giant streaming world. Xenoblade's world feels much larger, even though it technically is divided into regions as well.

As for the overall game, it depends.

Is music really important to you? DQ11's soundtrack is terrible, while Xenoblade's is really good

For battle system, XB incorporates an mmo-influenced system with auto-attack and cooldowns. While you know what to expect from DQ.

Storyline, do you want a traditional story (with a dark twist toward the middle of the game) and lots of heartwarming little scenarios, or do you prefer a more grandiose epic with the philosophical musings popular in the PS1 era of RPGs?

DQ11 on Switch does have the orchestrated soundtrack, which sounds way better than the MIDI version. Your description of DQ11's zones made me go with Xenoblade Chronicles, as well as the story stuff. I've played a bit of Xenogears, and was admittedly harsh on it.

I'll probably pick up DQ11 soonish. Paper Mario and Deadly Premonition 2 come out next month, and those will both be day 1's for me.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #8427 on: June 21, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »

Does this still apply to the new orchestral renditions in 11 S?

Edit- beaten

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8428 on: June 21, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
Why would you not play Xenoblade? Fucking play Xenoblade you fat fuck
fat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8429 on: June 21, 2020, 01:55:40 PM »
Whenever you booted up the GameCube it would re-calibrate the sticks based on the neutral position so even if the sticks got wobbly they would always feel perfect.

In F-Zero GX however, you could configure the deadzone and pretty much every parameter of each individual stick.

:bow GAMECUBE :bow2
Why would you not play Xenoblade? Fucking play Xenoblade you fat fuck
newsfeed
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8430 on: June 21, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »

:bow GAMECUBE :bow2
It's kinda incredible how the GameCube solved every hardware issue up until that point and no one learned from its design
- Practically silent
- Fast load times
- Small and portable
- Extremely durable
- Specs comparable to Xbox at a fraction of the cost

The only console that sorta comes close in nailing such a perfect hardware design is the Xbox One X.
Imagine how far ahead the GameCube would've been if they had released the 3D screen and included the Motion Control into the controllers as planned as well as online play.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8431 on: June 21, 2020, 06:37:52 PM »
 :heart

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8432 on: June 21, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »
Xenoblade and Dragon Quest XI are both good. I'm not sure which one to recommend first honestly. Probably, XB as that's the game I like more and XI is honestly way too long.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #8433 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:27 AM »
I'm only like 30 hours into DQ11 but Xenoblade is the better game in my opinion. An original setting and atmosphere really go a long way. Also, the story moves at a pretty good clip keeping you engaged until the end of the game, whereas DQ11 has that glacial comfy pacing.

Does this still apply to the new orchestral renditions in 11 S?

Edit- beaten
the quality of the music is fine (except the overworld theme imo  :yuck) but the game has a pretty terrible lack of variety. You really need to hope you like the generic "town" theme.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8434 on: June 22, 2020, 04:27:23 PM »
I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time, and I'm digging it.

I'm about 30 hours and just met
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fiora in the boob mecha.
[close]
:o

I'm still kinda  :dizzy on the combat system and managing my party, but so far the game hasn't really forced me to master all the ends and outs to be able to beat the bosses. Which was also pretty much the case with XB2 as well; as long as you stayed decently leveled you could just flounder your way through combat with whatever party you were using and a basic mastery of the systems.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8435 on: June 22, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »
Journo's: "Nintendo can't work from home, no Direct until 2030, no more games"

Other publishers: *Poorly framed and low res recorded footage with crappy CG to launch a new generation of consoles of games*

Nintendo: "Oh please don't mind Sakurai's god tier interior and perfectly produced movie from the comfort of his sofa to introduce a single Super Smash Bros. DLC character"
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #8436 on: June 22, 2020, 05:53:12 PM »

I have the 8bitdo USB Bluetooth adapter. Works really well, no noticeable input lag and beats having to buy another controller. Only downside is that you can only use it docked of course.

bluemax

« Reply #8437 on: June 23, 2020, 02:49:36 AM »

Dragon Quest XI. The game felt satisfying to play from start to end.

I'm 60 hours into XBC and apparently just over half way through and I'm exhausted. For a definitive edition I can think of at least a half dozen more QoL improvements this game could use. It just does not respect the player's time in any way, shape or form and is the very definition of extraneous design. It's probably one of the most overtly padded, and glacially paced JRPGs ever made. The battle system is incredibly boring, half the party members are pretty much pointless to use, there's only 1 real strategy to use for literally every fight, there aren't that many abilities, and you're limited in how many you can use anyhow and in the end it doesn't matter because you just use the same 3 abilities to win every fight. There's very little subtlety to the villains, you characters don't over come challenges due to skill or smarts or teamwork, but almost always due to magical happenstance.

I'm going to finish this disaster of a game out of spite at this point.

But, I guess if you wanted to play an MMO without paying for a monthly sub, XBC mostly fits the bill.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:57:05 AM by bluemax »
NO

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8438 on: June 23, 2020, 04:49:06 AM »
Man, you really need to play XBC2. You'll love that.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8439 on: June 23, 2020, 06:22:24 AM »
Yeah if you think XBC1 is a grind, the sequel probably has about 200 hours of gameplay if you do all the side missions. I gave up after about 120 hours of play. It was too much padding for me.
🍆🍆

archnemesis

« Reply #8440 on: June 23, 2020, 06:25:01 AM »
I only lasted 20 hours of XC2. I might give the first one another try.

mormapope

« Reply #8441 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:37 AM »

:lawd :lawd :lawd

GOTY incoming. Also, ordered a Switch lite in addition to my normal Switch. I'm gonna wait on next gen consoles and go balls deep into Nintendo for a while.  :doge
OH!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8442 on: June 23, 2020, 01:29:50 PM »
 :playa

Tasty

« Reply #8443 on: June 24, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
FYI first thing to do with Duke 3D is turn off that "real 3D rendering" crap. Holy shit why is that the default?

Classic build engine pre-voxels :rejoice

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8444 on: June 24, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
What I remember most about duke3D is all the time I spent fucking around making levels

Boredfrom

« Reply #8445 on: June 24, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
Yeah if you think XBC1 is a grind, the sequel probably has about 200 hours of gameplay if you do all the side missions. I gave up after about 120 hours of play. It was too much padding for me.

You really don’t have to do the side stuff, though. I think most people enjoy the game more if they stick to the main story.  The gacha stuff broke me. Worse implementation of a gacha system in a paid video game, and that is an accomplishment given that is a gacha without micro transactions.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8446 on: June 24, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »
Played some dps queue overwatch today just to get it up to plat. So now I have plat in all three roles for role queue. I was so fucking close to diamond open role (2900+/3000) but went on a skunk run of quitters and babbies all the way down to sub 2700. Wish some of you dicks would play this with me, solo queue is so rage inducing lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8447 on: June 25, 2020, 12:38:48 AM »
Blind bought Kuukiyomi 2 — very charming, like, politeness warioware

mormapope

« Reply #8448 on: June 25, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
Breath of the Wild is as great as I thought it'd be. Finished the Great Plateau, felt incredibly natural solving the natural environmental puzzles. Made a pepper dish to survive the cold, figured out a path for climbing for the shrine at the top of a cliff.

Weapon durability isn't bothering me much. In my mind, you're given so many different tools to get through situations, that hoarding good weapons isn't really the point of the game.
OH!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8449 on: June 25, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »
Bought, played, and beat Death Come True yesterday evening. It was pretty interesting, but it really is an interactive movie in the most literal sense. Most of the time you're just watching it and it takes about 90 minutes to beat/watch. You have to make some choices along the way, but the choices aren't even really that important because you have to make the wrong choices a few times to get the information your need in order to make the right choices. Once you get to the end of the game, you have to make a final choice that decides the ending. The game forces you to play the entire game over again to a different ending, but you do have the ability to fast-forward.

As for whether it holds up as a movie...well, if it were released as a Netflix original and I watched it, I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd say it's roughly on par with Bandersnatch. Would I pay $15.99 for it? No.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:55:49 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

mormapope

« Reply #8450 on: June 25, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »

The framerate is so fucking bad and I honestly love it. This looks incredibly ambitious and filled with the brim with jank.

York on a skateboard, cruising at 8 fps, with tons of pop in, and the skateboard drowning out any noise, I'm so sold.  :lawd :lawd :lawd

Being genuine too, this is going to be a fantastic and hilarious surprise like the first game.
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8451 on: June 25, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »

:aah
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8453 on: June 26, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »
New Horizons' free DLC seems to have stayed on track too :rejoice

Aya :bow2

Nintendo :bow2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8455 on: June 26, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm even more proud to say that all revenue from this video will be donated to Mental Health research
[close]

:tocry
🤴

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #8456 on: June 26, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »
Ring Fit in stock at Gamestop.com, just got one.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8458 on: June 27, 2020, 02:36:29 AM »
That’s a solid name/username/message combo
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平