Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933736 times)

Beezy

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9420 on: December 23, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/psikyo-shooting-stars-bravo-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/psikyo-shooting-stars-alpha-switch/

Anyone know if these are worth the sale price? I don't think I've ever played any of these shooters.

Huge eshop sale going on btw. I might end up getting Hades, Panzer Paladin, and Paradise Killer.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:57:57 PM by Beezy »

Bebpo

« Reply #9421 on: December 23, 2020, 09:25:28 PM »
I liked most of the shmups in those. Maybe not the toppest tier stuff, but good shmups if you like shmups.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9422 on: December 23, 2020, 11:27:25 PM »
I like the Samurai Aces games (except the third one- it's a PSP game and kinda sucks) and the Gunbird games.  Bravo is worth checking out for that price, IMO.  If you want something more traditional, check out Alpha.

Highly recommend Panzer Paladin, btw.  I still need to check out Paradise killer and Hades.
ど助平

Tasty

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9424 on: December 26, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
Playing Mario 35, I’ve cleared every level except 8-4. I’ve won whilst trying to clear 8-4 several fucking times and am getting very mad at how shitty the other players are right now

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9425 on: December 26, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/psikyo-shooting-stars-bravo-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/psikyo-shooting-stars-alpha-switch/

Anyone know if these are worth the sale price? I don't think I've ever played any of these shooters.

Huge eshop sale going on btw. I might end up getting Hades, Panzer Paladin, and Paradise Killer.

I imported the physical copies of these. Some are very good, some are just awful. I impulsively buy all shoot em games on the Switch but if you’re more discerning with your dollars, I’d wait until it was cheaper in my opinion.
🍆🍆

Beezy

« Reply #9426 on: December 26, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
Thanks, I did decide to wait and instead bought games that I knew I wanted:

Hades
Paradise Killer
Panzer Paladin
Timespinner (looks like Castlevania x Megaman set in Chrono Trigger)
Graceful Explosion Machine
Windjammers
Super One More Jump (too cheap not to get at 35 cents)
1 yr Switch Online sub

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9427 on: December 30, 2020, 02:37:43 AM »
Beezy, lmk how Timespinner is... love the pixel art in that one.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9428 on: December 30, 2020, 02:58:42 AM »
Timespinner is... Ok, I guess. Its very heavy handed over making everyone a lesbian and men are evil lmao
fat

Tasty

Beezy

« Reply #9430 on: December 30, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
Windjammers deserves a sequel, goddamn.

Timespinner is... Ok, I guess. Its very heavy handed over making everyone a lesbian and men are evil lmao
Lol I just thought it looked like a fun and slightly different Metroidvania. Hopefully the story bits are really short.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9431 on: December 30, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »
Windjammers deserves a sequel, goddamn.

Lol I just thought it looked like a fun and slightly different Metroidvania. Hopefully the story bits are really short.

Windjammers 2 is in development!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1114290/Windjammers_2/

Artstyle is complete shit tho
What

Beezy

« Reply #9432 on: December 30, 2020, 02:35:15 PM »
That gameplay tho! You just made my day lol :hyper :hyper :hyper

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9433 on: January 02, 2021, 08:37:07 PM »
I never did end up getting the email from Nintendo about how many hours I played the Switch and what games :(

Mario 3D All Stars can be a bit obnoxious. The controls are so touchy for Mario 64. I’m at 118 stars and have two left at Rainbow Ride. I spent the better part of this afternoon trying to get the stars but the controls are so touchy that it becomes unmanageable in some spots. It’s the 100 coin star and the over the rainbow star. I tested out Galaxy and it seems much tighter. Is it just me? I used to get 120 stars all the time 20 years ago so it’d be frustrating just leaving at 118.
🍆🍆

« Reply #9434 on: January 04, 2021, 12:16:25 AM »
I never did end up getting the email from Nintendo about how many hours I played the Switch and what games :(

you can check on this website: https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

Tasty

« Reply #9435 on: January 04, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »
The New Yorker: Shigeru Miyamoto Wants to Create a Kinder World

In 1977, Shigeru Miyamoto joined Nintendo, a company then known for selling toys, playing cards, and trivial novelties. Miyamoto was twenty-four, fresh out of art school. His employer, inspired by the success of a California company named Atari, was hoping to expand into video games. Miyamoto began tinkering with a story about a carpenter, a damsel in distress, and a giant ape. The result, Donkey Kong, débuted in 1981. Four years later, Miyamoto had turned the carpenter into a plumber; Mario, and the Super Mario Bros. franchise, had arrived. But Miyamoto wanted more. Tired of linear, side-scrolling mechanics, he yearned to conjure the open world and carefree adventures of his childhood in Sonobe, a town just west of Kyoto. In 1986, Nintendo released The Legend of Zelda.

By 1993, when the journalist David Sheff published “Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children,” Miyamoto was widely considered the most important video-game designer in history. Although he benefits from the fact that most games are made by sprawling teams, which require a figurehead to whom players can attribute credit (or blame), he remains a nearly legendary figure. His games have sold hundreds of millions of copies; he played a major role in designing the Wii; he’s as much Nintendo’s mascot as the characters he’s created. (Rumors that he might retire have had an immediate effect on the company’s stock price.) But though he’s become famous, the idea that Miyamoto is doing much “zapping” is laughable. For one thing, he’s always shunned the shooting games that now dominate the medium. His aim, which he pursues with a strict, almost fanatical devotion, is to elicit joy.

Miyamoto turned sixty-eight in November. He’s been linked to Walt Disney since the early days of his career, and those comparisons are set to continue; Miyamoto is currently overseeing the design and installation of Super Nintendo World, a half-billion-dollar theme park at Universal Studios in Osaka. Because of his mystique, Nintendo tends to keep Miyamoto away from the media; as Nick Paumgarten wrote in his Profile, from 2010, securing an audience is “a little like trying to rescue Princess Toadstool.” But, a few days after Miyamoto’s birthday, I had a rare chance to speak to him at length, over Zoom—and he was willing to show more of the man behind the mascot than expected. In doing so, he revealed how deeply he has considered the discipline of game design and how much he has tried to move it forward. Our conversation has been edited for length and clarity.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9436 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:45 AM »
Nintendo buys acclaimed developers of Metroid Prime: Federation Forces  :miyamoto
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #9437 on: January 05, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »
Also the Luigi's Mansion sequels and a lot of other games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9438 on: January 05, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
They also made this great game

(they are decent devs I think tho)

Nintendo fans were already going fucking stupid tho I saw some comments like Oh this is gonna be amazing just like when Sony bought Insomniac

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9439 on: January 05, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
Exclusively on the Switch, it's Nintendo's Disney's Marvel's Spider-Man's Captain America: Super Soldier - Miles Morales
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9440 on: January 05, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
I see Nintendo has finally bought a development team to work on Metroid Prime 4.  8)
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9441 on: January 05, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
Seems like an obvious get. Good for them.

PunchOut and the Luigi Mansion games were very well done.
fat

Tasty

« Reply #9442 on: January 05, 2021, 03:07:21 PM »
Exclusively on the Switch, it's Nintendo's Disney's Marvel's Spider-Man's Captain America: Super Soldier - Miles Morales

Still more compelling than The Blandvengers on PS4/XO. :trumps

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:12:37 PM by Tasty »

« Reply #9443 on: January 05, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »
My daughter loves her Switch and plays Animal Crossing with her friends all the time. We won Christmas as parents. I've played a bit of Bayonetta 2, definitely looks like a PS3 game at this point but is fun as shit. Daemon X Machina is mindless mecha fun, which is exactly what I wanted. Haven't even opened TMS, BotW or Mario Odyssey yet.

The kid paid for a year of the individual online service with her own money, and my wife and I were psyched to take advantage of those NES and SNES games, but the SNES games are age restricted because she's not 13 and I can't change her age even with the parent account. We're shit out of luck unless we pay for another year of online service, aren't we?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:28:55 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #9444 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »
Tried the new Bravely Default II demo that dropped today and is representative of the final version.

In battle there's this GIANT WALL OF TEXT EXPLAINING EVERY ATTACK that covers up the rest of your attacks in your menu with absolutely no way to turn it off. I can't even see what my moves/abilities are without flipping around for a few seconds. Very annoying. Probably less of an issue in the main game when you have the same set of commands/attacks for dozens of hours straight and you memorize all the attacks on your list, but this is like the ugliest menu UI I've ever seen in a rpg.

I'm assuming it looked like this in the original demo where they took criticism and made changes so I'm surprised it is still like this.

Otherwise it's very low res docked, especially in town, the character art is bad/bland and the framerate kinda sucks, but seems to play fine and fast enough and I guess seems alright. Definitely makes me want to play Octopath Traveler instead though, not sure how I feel about this being made by a different team. If BDII gets a steam version like Octopath or a Switch Pro version that looks normal resolution and runs at 60fps it'd probably go a long way. I have no idea how they got it to run so shit on Switch. Like Switch is weak hardware, but goddamn.

I tried out the demo the other night, what the hell is up with the spastic overly animated hand motions the characters do before physical attacks? It's weird as fuck and really bugs me.
野球

paprikastaude

« Reply #9445 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:53 PM »
Nintendo buys acclaimed developers of Metroid Prime: Federation Forces  :miyamoto

:neogaf

Meanwhile they mishandled their only other American developer and maker of good Metroid games to the point of not releasing a single game in like a decade.

But at least that's one studio that still has permission to do slightly different things with the Mario brand.

Tasty

« Reply #9446 on: January 05, 2021, 05:57:00 PM »

:neogaf

Meanwhile they mishandled their only other American developer and maker of good Metroid games to the point of not releasing a single game in ten years.

Tropical Freeze came out in 2014 and was re-released in 2018. :confused

Tasty

« Reply #9447 on: January 05, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
It was also way better than that Metroid shyte they did :nope

paprikastaude

« Reply #9448 on: January 05, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »
So 7 years now + 2-3 that MP4 is still out.

It was also way better than that Metroid shyte they did :nope

:juicy

« Reply #9449 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:36 AM »
luigi's mansion 3 has the best graphics and animations on switch. god bless next level games.

Tasty

« Reply #9450 on: January 08, 2021, 11:27:47 AM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/rumour_datamine_apparently_reveals_all_about_the_new_nintendo_switch_revision

Aula explicitly supports handheld mode. It is not docked only; that's calcio, which seems like it's for internal only/never releasing since Calcio has no gamecard slot and no battery.

Mariko has *substantially* better cooling and battery life. It's a bona fide die shrink over the original generation.

But yeah, I speculate games will be like "DSi enhanced" games were, or like how some games benefited from PS4 Pro despite working on PS4.

Checked my previous discussions with hexkyz, the upgraded tablet display is an OLED screen. Probably not higher resolution on tablet itself, so I guess the 4k realtek chip is more likely to be new dock than I thought it was.

Sounds like a straight upgrade. :lawd Bring it on :drool

Tasty

« Reply #9451 on: January 08, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
Been having issues the past 3-4 months with my Switch randomly dropping into sleep mode when docked. Seems to only happen once per play session, and it doesn't affect ACNH much, but it does wreck all my online games obviously. Anyone see something like this?

Might have coincided with a new power strip... maybe I should replace it. :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9452 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:17 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/rumour_datamine_apparently_reveals_all_about_the_new_nintendo_switch_revision

Aula explicitly supports handheld mode. It is not docked only; that's calcio, which seems like it's for internal only/never releasing since Calcio has no gamecard slot and no battery.

Mariko has *substantially* better cooling and battery life. It's a bona fide die shrink over the original generation.

But yeah, I speculate games will be like "DSi enhanced" games were, or like how some games benefited from PS4 Pro despite working on PS4.

Checked my previous discussions with hexkyz, the upgraded tablet display is an OLED screen. Probably not higher resolution on tablet itself, so I guess the 4k realtek chip is more likely to be new dock than I thought it was.

botw 2, new 3D mario, mario kart 9 and metroid prime 4 built to use the extra power  :lawd

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9453 on: January 09, 2021, 05:59:46 AM »
Jeesh how original
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9454 on: January 09, 2021, 08:03:09 AM »
Is it that time of year again?

January - Mario 3D World Bowser's a Furry
February - Bravely Default (on your EIDOS assets) II
[ Nintendo Direct ]
March - Poke Snappu, Donkey Konga DX
Q2'ish - Switch+ / Mario Kart 8 DX+ / Smash Bros.+ etc. (if the situation regarding COVID 19 allows)
Q3'ish - Fire Emblem: Echoes of Breasts, SONIC (part 1 of a new trilogy of Sonic games)
Q4'ish - Xenowaifu 3, Bayonettass 3

Holiday or Switch+ launch: Heroes of the Wild (could push Xenowaifu 3 into 2022)
There's also some crazy collab salvage asset flip project cooking out of pure desperation that everyone will hate.

:drool
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9455 on: January 09, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »
:dunno

Bowser's Fury is out in February.  It will also have online co-op!
ど助平

Fifstar

« Reply #9456 on: January 09, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »

Sounds great. Leave the big power jump for switch. Only thing I hope it also has is a slightly bigger screen - a sizable reduction of the black bezel would be very welcome.
Gulp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9457 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

[ Nintendo Direct ]
Q2'ish - Switch+ / Mario Kart 8 DX+ / Smash Bros.+ etc. (if the situation regarding COVID 19 allows)
Q3'ish - Fire Emblem: Echoes of Breasts, SONIC (part 1 of a new trilogy of Sonic games)

Holiday or Switch+ launch: Heroes of the Wild (could push Xenowaifu 3 into 2022)
There's also some crazy collab salvage asset flip project cooking out of pure desperation that everyone will hate.

I think we're also gonna see something DQ related for the 35th anniversary.
^_^

Beezy

« Reply #9458 on: January 11, 2021, 12:14:56 AM »

« Reply #9459 on: January 11, 2021, 02:28:45 PM »

[ Nintendo Direct ]

I think we're also gonna see something DQ related for the 35th anniversary.

The DQ Dai game is coming for Switch and PS4.

Also, feel free to Friend Code me, if you want.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
7998-9344-9090
[close]
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9460 on: January 12, 2021, 03:09:42 PM »

Super Saiyan Cat Mario versus Death Metal Bowser
:titus

Looks like a whole new game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9461 on: January 12, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
Mario edition Switch coming, too.

Pic kinda hurts my eyes. :dizzy
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9462 on: January 12, 2021, 03:31:52 PM »

Super Saiyan Cat Mario versus Death Metal Bowser
:titus

Looks like a whole new game.
It reminds me of Sonic in tone and style  :thinking
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9463 on: January 12, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »
©@©™

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9464 on: January 12, 2021, 04:46:30 PM »
:dead
Hi

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9465 on: January 12, 2021, 05:31:29 PM »
Looks like a big open-ended level you can do in any order ala Odyssey. I’ll believe it’s more than that if they specify, or it’s confirmed on release.
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #9466 on: January 12, 2021, 06:03:37 PM »
Mario edition Switch coming, too.

(Image removed from quote.)

Pic kinda hurts my eyes. :dizzy

Yeah I was just going to respond with my_eyes.gif from Spongebob :lol

Tasty

« Reply #9467 on: January 12, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »
Looks like a big open-ended level you can do in any order ala Odyssey. I’ll believe it’s more than that if they specify, or it’s confirmed on release.

Yeah my impression from the trailer is that this is a single new level and boss fight. :lol Uhhhh, not sure it needs its own big DLC-like subtitle. "Deluxe" probably could have worked better for this game in that light.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9468 on: January 13, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »

Yeah my impression from the trailer is that this is a single new level and boss fight. :lol Uhhhh, not sure it needs its own big DLC-like subtitle. "Deluxe" probably could have worked better for this game in that light.

I'd say what makes Bowser's Fury more significant is how different it may be compared to the main game. Most DLC for anything is usually pretty similar to the base game.

Regardless, like many other Wii-U games that 50 million + Switch owners haven't played, it's a pretty nice addition imo.
OH!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9469 on: January 13, 2021, 04:28:40 PM »
My kids want it and I'm happy to rebuy it because I never got to play it in multiplayer on the WiiU because they were too young.
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9470 on: January 13, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

Has more info on the little extras added to 3D World and then an overview of Bowser's Fury.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
GIGA CAT MARIO

[close]

ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9471 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:27 PM »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9472 on: January 14, 2021, 09:05:52 PM »
A trailer that captures the boringness of the original. :lol A+

Still probably gonna buy for dat nostalgia :lawd :miyamoto

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9473 on: January 14, 2021, 10:12:31 PM »
A trailer that captures the boringness of the original. :lol A+

:lawd
dog

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9474 on: January 14, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »
gotta say i look forward to it nostalgically. in my teens a friend had it, and it was one my favs 2 get ripped and jam  8)
◕‿◕

Beezy

« Reply #9475 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
Just did this and it works. It was before Wario's tweet though, so it may be dead. I'll never get a Nintendo game for this cheap again.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1351192350077427716
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:56:59 AM by Beezy »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9476 on: January 18, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
Just did this and it works. It was before Wario's tweet though, so it may be dead. I'll never get a Nintendo game for this cheap again.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1351192350077427716

Still works- just got it.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #9477 on: January 18, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »
We’re very sorry, but due to high demand, one or more of the items you purchased is currently backordered. We're working hard to fulfill them as fast as we can.

:shaq2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9478 on: January 18, 2021, 11:39:32 AM »
I bought it just now and it said it was "Backordered" lol.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9479 on: January 18, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
Backorder ended, Wal-Mart delivered! :rejoice

©@©™