Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5447624 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Oprah/Uma 2020
« Reply #12780 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:24 AM »
no behind, no behind, you're behind

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #12781 on: January 11, 2018, 04:33:02 AM »
saying trump is the worst president ever is like saying giannis is a certain hall of famer

Sure he's got a promising start and infinite potential but one knee injury or stroke and it all goes up in smoke

Oblivion

« Reply #12782 on: January 11, 2018, 05:34:42 AM »
It was presented first on a local Fox News affiliate in DC. The source of the story was Rod Wheeler and Malia Zimmerman's story from Fox News proper. A story that was silently retracted by Fox weeks after it turned out Malia made up the source, the FBI was never involved with the case, the local station made a public condemnation of Wheeler and Zimmerman after they were unable to verify the authenticity of their source and Fox News tried to blame shift by muddying the origin of the story on their network. Followed up by Rod Wheeler subsequently filing a lawsuit against Fox for that very story. Which he alleged Malia, Butowski, with the cooperation of Fox News, slandered him by falsely attributing their poor journalism to him and fired him as cover.

Hersh's response has been that Butowski, one of the people now named in the lawsuit(that the lawsuit also cited text messages that said Butowski, a friend of Trump, was in contact with the White House about properly timing of the story. Which people will remember came an hour after the Trump NBC interview where he admitted to obstruction) took gossip he heard from Hersh and that Butowski "put 2 and 2 together and somehow got 45." Hersh went on to mention that the audio released was selectively edited(shock), to exclude the preceding portion where his source and his own conclusions was that the murder was a botched robbery. That all the gossip entailed was a single person that thought Rich may have been in contact with Wikileaks but offered no evidence to support it.

Malia though has gone on to have great success at Fox News, who must really have otherwise high journalistic integrity, since she was never reprimanded by Fox for that shoddy journalism, and now recently was a featured reporter penning many Uranium One stories. Another notch on the credibility post of Fox News.

....All points explained to etoilet, but that must of been when I was on ignore after he got triggered the first time for pointing out the faulty reasoning of his initial love interest in the Seth Rich story.

Here's what I don't get about all this, and maybe I'm missing something, but.. even assuming what et about the Wikileaks connection was true, what does any of that have to do  with the claim that Hillary or the DNC murdered Seth Rich? The whole reason anyone on the Right cared one lick about what happened to Rich was because they thought they could tie his death to Hillary/The DNC. If you don't have that, then what does it matter if Rich was in contact with Assange or whoever?

Nola

« Reply #12783 on: January 11, 2018, 06:24:41 AM »
It was presented first on a local Fox News affiliate in DC. The source of the story was Rod Wheeler and Malia Zimmerman's story from Fox News proper. A story that was silently retracted by Fox weeks after it turned out Malia made up the source, the FBI was never involved with the case, the local station made a public condemnation of Wheeler and Zimmerman after they were unable to verify the authenticity of their source and Fox News tried to blame shift by muddying the origin of the story on their network. Followed up by Rod Wheeler subsequently filing a lawsuit against Fox for that very story. Which he alleged Malia, Butowski, with the cooperation of Fox News, slandered him by falsely attributing their poor journalism to him and fired him as cover.

Hersh's response has been that Butowski, one of the people now named in the lawsuit(that the lawsuit also cited text messages that said Butowski, a friend of Trump, was in contact with the White House about properly timing of the story. Which people will remember came an hour after the Trump NBC interview where he admitted to obstruction) took gossip he heard from Hersh and that Butowski "put 2 and 2 together and somehow got 45." Hersh went on to mention that the audio released was selectively edited(shock), to exclude the preceding portion where his source and his own conclusions was that the murder was a botched robbery. That all the gossip entailed was a single person that thought Rich may have been in contact with Wikileaks but offered no evidence to support it.

Malia though has gone on to have great success at Fox News, who must really have otherwise high journalistic integrity, since she was never reprimanded by Fox for that shoddy journalism, and now recently was a featured reporter penning many Uranium One stories. Another notch on the credibility post of Fox News.

....All points explained to etoilet, but that must of been when I was on ignore after he got triggered the first time for pointing out the faulty reasoning of his initial love interest in the Seth Rich story.

Here's what I don't get about all this, and maybe I'm missing something, but.. even assuming what et about the Wikileaks connection was true, what does any of that have to do  with the claim that Hillary or the DNC murdered Seth Rich? The whole reason anyone on the Right cared one lick about what happened to Rich was because they thought they could tie his death to Hillary/The DNC. If you don't have that, then what does it matter if Rich was in contact with Assange or whoever?

If you are dumb enough to not realize there was more than one hack(regular Fox News viewers and etoilet), the logic seemingly goes that Seth Rich being the leaker exonerates Russia of meddling and by proxy clears Trump of any possible collusion and proves the libs were/are just hyperventilating irrationalists. Also plays right into the decades long struggle that white Christian male Republicans have endured being the most persecuted class in society. I think the Hillary conspiracy comes from the right-wing exaggeration that the emails supposedly contained utterly incriminating evidence that Hillary colluded with the DNC to steal the primary from Bernie, and Hillary, being the ice bitch serial killer she is, with kill counts going back to the 90’s, once again had a political adversary killed to advance her lust for power and vengeance. Women are crazy you know?

Of course we now know that Russia was running around waving in the air numerous sets of emails, including to the Trump campaign, that Don Jr. hoped Daddy would finally love him for getting into bed with the Russians like he did in the 80’s.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:35:11 AM by Nola »

kingv

« Reply #12784 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »
I think it just depends on what metrics you use for worst.

In terms of outcome, he is not the worst, but he is easily the worst in terms of qualified for the job.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12785 on: January 11, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »
I mean Trump is gaining ground quickly in my mind with his healthcare fuckery, Paris Accords, regulatory capture, cronyism, the tax bill, and his general incompetence mixed with authoritarian derived stress tests on our institutions that could have some major long-term consequences, but, IMO, he'll have to really fuck some shit up outside our borders to catch up to Bush, and be much more influential to pass Reagan on my shit list.
One thing I'm worried about is the complete standstill of important government progress. Governance is deliberate, and takes planning and dilligence. I'm worried that when we come out of this, we'll be so behind in many measurable ways, like infrastructure debt, incarceration rates, public health, ecological collapse, etc.

We're behind on all of those things already.

Incarceration rate? i never understood this complaint. The U.S is a big and diverse country, it's only logical we'd be throwing more people in jail.

99% of the time the idiots that complain about this stuff are the same assholes that live nowhere near a bad neighborhood. Go live next to one, or in one, and see if you feel the same.

I'm in a south american country right now and i WISHHHHH they'd throw a lot of these assholes in jail. Just last week a physician got shot dead inside his own office because he refused to give a thief his money. The criminal will most likely serve little time in prison and be let go.

That's what some of you want for the U.S? A lax system? Fuck that, throw these fuckers in jail. I don't want to hear this cry baby shit "oh but they lack opportunity, education.." ok ? so educate yourselves, try and be decent citizens. Get a fucking ID for christ sakes.

It's a cultural thing and some cultures are simply far worse than others.

Tasty

« Reply #12786 on: January 11, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »
Let's see how the North Korea situation shakes out before we go about saying he's not the worst President ever.

agrajag

« Reply #12787 on: January 11, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
The other day I overheard someone saying that Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize because North Korea and South Korea are talking.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12788 on: January 11, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
The other day I overheard someone saying that Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize because North Korea and South Korea are talking.
So, more than Obama did for his? :trumps
que

kingv

« Reply #12789 on: January 11, 2018, 02:22:30 PM »
So apparently trump has been misleading people about getting an MBA from Wharton, when he in fact just was a student at UPenn undergrad, and I guess doesn’t have an MBA at all.

This is probably the reason he didn’t release his transcripts.

agrajag

« Reply #12790 on: January 11, 2018, 02:27:15 PM »
He's, like, a very smart person.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12791 on: January 11, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
This morning the President got confused by a Fox news segment and lashed out at his own FISA reauthorization bill on Twitter.

:trumps
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12792 on: January 11, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Nola

« Reply #12794 on: January 11, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »
This morning the President got confused by a Fox news segment and lashed out at his own FISA reauthorization bill on Twitter.

The guy is basically that mentally declining Fox News Grandpa everyone has met, except this one has the nuclear codes. Though in the case of my Grandpa, he didn't spend WWII getting bowling trophies after being "diagnosed" with bone spurs.

« Reply #12795 on: January 11, 2018, 03:32:23 PM »
Hey look companies just used the tax cuts for PR and still were Cunts.

Who knew  :trumps

kingv

« Reply #12796 on: January 11, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
So apparently trump has been misleading people about getting an MBA from Wharton, when he in fact just was a student at UPenn undergrad, and I guess doesn’t have an MBA at all.

This should have been common knowledge two years ago. I knew about it.

When people hear “Wharton”, their minds automatically go to that top 3 MBA program. The ubiquitous connotation makes it kind of a lie by omission.

It just goes to show how bad the Media was at looking into shit in 2016, and how bad Hillary’s campaign was. Why weren’t they mocking him constantly about this?

Nola

« Reply #12797 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »

This should have been common knowledge two years ago. I knew about it.

When people hear “Wharton”, their minds automatically go to that top 3 MBA program. The ubiquitous connotation makes it kind of a lie by omission.

It just goes to show how bad the Media was at looking into shit in 2016, and how bad Hillary’s campaign was. Why weren’t they mocking him constantly about this?

I agree on Hillary, but i'm not always sure its a moral failing of the media issue.

I think like a lot of stories in this era though, Trump is just a tornado of constant deception, scandal, and general fuckery that news stories that would be major news cycle drivers in any other administration, get caught up in the wrong moment of some larger fuckery. So they often fall to the wayside.

Like I remember this Daily Beast report that to me was incredibly alarming about just how deep the cronyism is becoming in this administration....But it came out the same day that leaks about Mueller's first indictment likely happening the following Monday started to break.

Me personally, I was shocked myself listening to an interview with Susan Hennessy and her mentioning this letter Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, sent to Putin's spokesperson. Which the Washington Post got a hold of in August. Basically the letter is an out and open attempt to try and leverage the Trump campaign's clout to help break stalled talks on a business venture. To set up meetings with Putin and those in his circle to try and work something out to get a deal done. Which in hindsight becomes even more problematic because Trump has declined to divest his interests and raises obvious questions about what may be influencing his and other's of influence's judgement in regards to his actions as president and Commander-in-chief. And is just one more blatant attempt to try and build a working relationship with Russia during the campaign...Of course that broke the same time as Harvey and while the right-wing media was catastrophizing about ANTIFA at Berkley, and other stories like Trump lifting the ban on sending military equipment to police and in the aftermath of Trump's Charlottesville conference. So I clearly missed it.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12798 on: January 11, 2018, 05:06:01 PM »
kingv why the fuck do you always bring up Hillary like a Republican with tourettes?
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #12799 on: January 11, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »
kingv why the fuck do you always bring up Hillary like a Republican with tourettes?

I think you misspelled Jack?

Nola

« Reply #12800 on: January 11, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and African countries, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than people from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.

Mr. Trump’s remarks left members of Congress attending the meeting in the Cabinet Room alarmed and mystified. They were there discussing an emerging bipartisan deal to give legal status to immigrants illegally brought to the United States as children, the people said, speaking on condition of anonymity without authorization to discuss the explosive proceedings of the private meeting.

When Mr. Trump heard that Haitians were among those who would benefit, he asked if they could be left out of the plan, according to the people familiar with the conversation, asking, “Why do we want people from Haiti here?”

The comments were reminiscent of ones the president made last year in an Oval Office meeting with Cabinet officials and administration aides, where he complained about admitting Haitians to the country, complaining that they all had AIDS, as well as Nigerians, who he said would never go back to their “huts,” according to officials who heard the statements in person or were briefed on the remarks by people who did. The White House vehemently denied last month that Mr. Trump made those remarks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-immigration-norway-haiti.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66345417&pgtype=Homepage

....Somewhere, stuck in an undisclosed but proclaimed culturally and genetically inferior country, Assimilate just popped wood.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #12801 on: January 11, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »
Can't wait to hear Ben Shapiro, conservative genius/non-Nazi, explain why this isn't racist  :doge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #12802 on: January 11, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
just fucking croak already, you cheeto-dicked chode
püp

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12803 on: January 11, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »
President Trump on Wednesday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and African countries, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than people from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.
Jesus Christ.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12804 on: January 11, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »
This is going to really upset his core supporters, who only oppose illegal immigration because they strongly believe in the rule of law.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

agrajag

« Reply #12806 on: January 11, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »
As if Norwegians are trying to come to US en masse anyway

shosta

« Reply #12807 on: January 11, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »
wait, this isn't the same time as when he said everyone in Haiti has AIDS and people in Africa live in huts?
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #12808 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
No, this just happened.

Nola

« Reply #12809 on: January 11, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »
wait, this isn't the same time as when he said everyone in Haiti has AIDS and people in Africa live in huts?

This about sums up the Trump presidency.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #12811 on: January 11, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »
It's kinda perfect, honestly. It's racist, which his supporters love, but they can defend it by saying "well don't you want well off, educated immigrants? Maybe YOU'RE the real racist" which they also love

Nola

« Reply #12812 on: January 11, 2018, 07:13:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/951585097483988992

Looking over the places I bellwether about this shit(not that anyone needs or probably should take it seriously) The reviews seem surpassingly mixed at best right now. Definitely wasn't the case for the kneeling stuff. Trumpkins ate that shit up.

Granted, Fox News and the right-wing machine hasn't had its chance to sink its teeth in on this one yet, like with Charlottesville and to a much lesser extent Net Neutrality, I suspect his base will come around....Though probably the even more likely scenario is that some other fuckery happens tomorrow or the next day and people forget about it just like the AID's comment.

Nola

« Reply #12813 on: January 11, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »

shosta

« Reply #12814 on: January 11, 2018, 07:19:48 PM »
This is racist in the strictest and most conservative definition of the word. How could you actually get more racist than that before reaching apartheid or segregation? And if these comments aren't racist, what is?

So don't be afraid of saying it. This is racist. The Trump administration is promoting racism.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12815 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
I'm not even sure if this is more blatant than he's been. Dude said we should ban all immigrants of a certain religion, at a campaign rally, to cheers.

shosta

« Reply #12816 on: January 11, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
I think we should suspend the Trump administration until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12817 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »
The Trump administration really is the gift that keeps on the giving, except the gifts are really bad and some of them give you horrible disease or just make you feel physically ill.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #12818 on: January 11, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »
He's just like me!
©@©™

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12819 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:16 PM »
I'm not even sure if this is more blatant than he's been. Dude said we should ban all immigrants of a certain religion, at a campaign rally, to cheers.
Trump is a shithead but it's still funny laughing at the same people that argue against religious freedom are the ones that get mad when the president tries to prevent people from a crazy ideology coming into the country.  :dizzy

« Reply #12821 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:58 PM »
Trump is a shithead but it's still funny laughing at the same people that argue against religious freedom are the ones that get mad when the president tries to prevent people from a crazy ideology coming into the country.  :dizzy

Islam is no more crazy then a religion that thinks a burning bush spoke to Moses and told him to build an ark and get two of every animal.

« Reply #12822 on: January 11, 2018, 08:53:34 PM »

Islam is no more crazy then a religion that thinks a burning bush spoke to Moses and told him to build an ark and get two of every animal.

Islam also believes those things happened

Kinda my point...that crazy religion is derived from the "not crazy" ones.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12823 on: January 11, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »

No dude, no. Islam is far worse in many ways. There's not even room for a reform of any type. That's a huge problem. We're also at a point in history where there's no room for "oh they'll evolve!". A religious zealot gets a hold of a government with nukes they'd have no reason not to use them. It's a serious problem. Defending this garbage because it's "brown people" is fucking aborrhently stupid

« Reply #12825 on: January 11, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »

No dude, no. Islam is far worse in many ways. There's not even room for a reform of any type. That's a huge problem. We're also at a point in history where there's no room for "oh they'll evolve!". A religious zealot gets a hold of a government with nukes they'd have no reason not to use them. It's a serious problem. Defending this garbage because it's "born people" is fucking aborrhently stupid

North Korea?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12826 on: January 11, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I don't get it.
He blocked us i think. He felt good wanting to point that out i guess, who knows. He needs this.

North Korea?
Actually, no. Fat boy isn't a religious zealot nor is he crazy.

« Reply #12827 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:47 PM »
Not sure why I was blocked but ok.

shosta

« Reply #12828 on: January 11, 2018, 09:21:17 PM »
I don't care, myself, but I'd guess it's because all your posts fall under:
- getting triggered by etiolate or assimilate
- parroting a democratic party talking point
- begging for benjipwns to smear your face with his seed

I like you, though :P
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #12829 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »
Ive never used the ignore function, too much of a bore reading completist. Sometimes it prevents interactions that get pretty tiresome to read though, so I support its use

Nola

« Reply #12830 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:45 PM »

kingv

« Reply #12831 on: January 11, 2018, 10:15:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/951585097483988992

It’s probably true... but theoretically someone would care that his base is shrinking.

It’s like 56% if the country or some shit think he’s completely unfit for the job, and he has no interest in trying to convince them otherwise.

I just hope he tries to run for re-election.

« Reply #12832 on: January 11, 2018, 10:17:29 PM »
I don't care, myself, but I'd guess it's because all your posts fall under:
- getting triggered by etiolate or assimilate
- parroting a democratic party talking point
- begging for benjipwns to smear your face with his seed

I like you, though :P

:neogaf :gurl :comeon

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #12833 on: January 11, 2018, 10:31:31 PM »
Ive never used the ignore function, too much of a bore reading completist.

*high five*

I'm a lifelong member of the "ignore lists are against my religion" club.   Some of you deserve it real bad, but I'll never click that button for any of you.
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #12835 on: January 11, 2018, 10:34:22 PM »
Clinton should have campaigned harder in the shithole states
rub

agrajag

« Reply #12836 on: January 11, 2018, 10:34:25 PM »
I agree for the most part but I ended up putting Novid on ignore.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12837 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:13 PM »
It's kinda perfect, honestly. It's racist, which his supporters love, but they can defend it by saying "well don't you want well off, educated immigrants? Maybe YOU'RE the real racist" which they also love

They don’t care about well educated immigrants, if that was the case the DACA shouldn’t be a big issue for Trump base.

El Babua

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12839 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:55 AM »
Honestly, Trump could say, "It's time we get those wetbacks, sand niccas, feggits and ungreatful niccas out of the country." And his base would be like "He's a little rough around the edges, but he tells it like it is, you know?"
que