Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5452061 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Hurricane coming, time to retweet Lou Dobbs
« Reply #24120 on: September 14, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/house-passes-bill-aiming-ban-people-eating-cats-dogs-n909311
The House passed a bill on Wednesday aimed at outlawing the slaughter of cats and dogs for human consumption.

Florida Reps. Vern Buchanan, a Republican, and Alcee Hastings, a Democrat, have been working since 2017 on the "Dog and Cat Meat Trade Prohibition Act of 2018," which seeks to fine people up to $5,000 for killing, shipping, selling or donating a cat or dog with the intended purpose of human consumption.

The bill includes an exception for Indian tribes "carrying out any activity described ... for the purpose of a religious ceremony."

The House also passed a resolution Wednesday "urging all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade," according to a statement from Hastings.

"I am proud to have championed this effort, which sends a strong signal to the world that the welfare of animals must be taken seriously," he said.

Buchanan noted that most Americans aren't serving their pets for dinner, but "the practice is still legal in 44 states and should be outlawed completely given how beloved these animals are for most Americans."

He urged the Senate to consider the act before Congress adjourns in the fall.
This is the kind of important and necessary bipartisan legislation that John McCain would have wanted us to pass immediately. We must support the troops and honor his dream. :american

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And amend this legislation to include further sanctions on Iran.
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Hurricane coming, time to retweet Lou Dobbs
« Reply #24121 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »
Must be food supply shortages coming up :tinfoil
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:37:51 AM by CatsCatsCats »

agrajag

« Reply #24122 on: September 14, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1040290682416447488

I see why BEN SHAPIRO may be concerned about the SMALL part of the children Dianne Feinstein eats.

Shapiro should be careful. She might confuse him for a small child and eat him too.

agrajag

« Reply #24123 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »
I only read the tweet and not Benji's caption

:stahp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24124 on: September 14, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »
reading benji's posts  :nope

reading benji's blog :ohyeah
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #24125 on: September 14, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »
I don’t think Bloomberg has a prayer in the primary.

His anti gun platform will resonate

In 2016 he was upside down in favorability for both democrats and republicans in iowa when he was talking about running.

I just don't see what boxes Bloomberg really ticks. He's like Hillary with a dick. He doesn't clearly excite any particular group, have mass appeal, or anything notable about him as a candidate at all, really.

2018 nominee will be either booker or Kamala imo because they tick s lot of the right boxes for the Democratic party. Imo Kamala has the best shot if she runs, she's tough on trump, brown, woman, and has some positions that play towards the Bernie base.

I dont like Hillary but I like him

Come at me bro

If theres any male Hillary, its Cuomo.

Fun image: Cars owned by NYC government

:O

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #24127 on: September 14, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
©ZH

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #24128 on: September 14, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »
Let the Friday afternoon fuckery commence.  :rejoice
MMA

Nola

« Reply #24129 on: September 14, 2018, 01:02:23 PM »
At the same time I just got an alert from NPR in the story their source says the plea deal doesn’t involve the Trump campaign.

Which is...interesting. If accurate of course.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24130 on: September 14, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »
At the same time I just got an alert from NPR in the story their source says the plea deal doesn’t involve the Trump campaign.

Which is...interesting. If accurate of course.

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1040649513474646016

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1040641168378347520

What have you been doing Mr. worldwide 
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24131 on: September 14, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
That report appears to be inaccurate. He has to cooperate with anything the feds want him to.

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1040648826644824064

agrajag

« Reply #24133 on: September 14, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »
It's a he said she said situation.. unless there are witnesses that step forward, what are they gonna do? Put them both through a lie detector? Which aren't admissable in court? Repubs will ram him through no matter what.

studyguy

« Reply #24134 on: September 14, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
GOP would have leaked this day one to the press and had a field day with it.

In the grand scheme of things the argument is it does nothing to the proceedings, won't stall it, but now that it's here so late it absolutely won't do anything anyway. Guy's already running as the most unpopular SCOTUS nominee, any more reason to hate the guy would put more pressure. Not saying anyone bends with the added pressure but again there's no air in the room to discuss it anyway since apparently everyone agreed to not even bring it up.

It's not about being admissible in court, the nomination was going to get rammed down people's throats no matter what. Dems won't play the ruthless game though. Not entirely sure why Feinstien hid this from the rest of the senate.

https://twitter.com/samraskinz/status/1040635339814129664

Also this claim is fucking hilarious.
pause

james

« Reply #24135 on: September 14, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
GOP would have leaked this day one to the press and had a field day with it.

In the grand scheme of things the argument is it does nothing to the proceedings, won't stall it, but now that it's here so late it absolutely won't do anything anyway. Guy's already running as the most unpopular SCOTUS nominee, any more reason to hate the guy would put more pressure. Not saying anyone bends with the added pressure but again there's no air in the room to discuss it anyway since apparently everyone agreed to not even bring it up.

It's not about being admissible in court, the nomination was going to get rammed down people's throats no matter what. Dems won't play the ruthless game though. Not entirely sure why Feinstien hid this from the rest of the senate.

Youre thinking checkers but my girl Kamela is thinking 4D chess.

If this was out in July, he is pulled and a clone is placed in August.

If you derail the nomination now, you run out the clock before the new Senators are seated.

Letter this week.

Additional proof next week.

Pressure to withdraw last week of September.

studyguy

« Reply #24136 on: September 14, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »
There's a procedural delay to a certain vote on thursday.
Nothing derails this train fam.

They tossed Clarence and even told Anita Hill to fuck off in the process, there's little doubt they'll just shut their eyes and vote in this cat, rapist or not.
pause

agrajag

« Reply #24137 on: September 14, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »
Well, it sounds like we are in agreement studyguy, he is getting confirmed.

Impeachment if Dems win majority in November? They must act swift and quick.

:trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24138 on: September 14, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »

Impeachment on what grounds? That they don't like winning?  :trumps
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24139 on: September 14, 2018, 02:45:38 PM »

Impeachment on what grounds? That they don't like winning?  :trumps

I was talking about Kavannaugh, stupid

studyguy

« Reply #24140 on: September 14, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »
Lets go down this hole, fuck it why not.
https://twitter.com/paulwaldman1/status/1040629737754906625
pause

kingv

« Reply #24141 on: September 14, 2018, 04:01:06 PM »

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1040651163765538818

:doge

Dude. He’s going to get derailed for being a fekkit.

This other dude was jumping on top of him? Jumping. On. Top. Of. His. Naked. Body. And. Laughing.

Might as well have just goatse’d him right there and docked their mutually uncircumcised dongs together in intimacy. Kavanaugh needs to go to conversion therapy not the Supreme Court.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #24142 on: September 14, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »
To Rudy Giuliani's credit he's found a job where he'd getting paid a lot of money to say the dumbest shit possible to assuage a single person. He's basically saying that Manafort flipped so he can tell the truth and exonerate the president. It's something only someone as dumb as trump would believe.
vin

studyguy

« Reply #24143 on: September 14, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1040700606934118400
lmao what the fuck what kind of cac magic is this?
Dude had a fandom of random white women on FB called the 'We adore Kavanaugh club' or what?
Motherfucking finding 65 ex-HS classmates 30 years ago to say they knew you well enough to comment on his qualities was probably hard enough, finding 65 women at an all boys school tho. sus

Shit's laughable  :lol
pause

james

« Reply #24144 on: September 14, 2018, 05:11:10 PM »
Who here among us who went to an all-boys school didnt engage in frequent anal sex?

It's not gay if everyone is doing it

james

« Reply #24145 on: September 14, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1040700606934118400
lmao what the fuck what kind of cac magic is this?
Dude had a fandom of random white women on FB called the 'We adore Kavanaugh club' or what?
Motherfucking finding 65 ex-HS classmates 30 years ago to say they knew you well enough to comment on his qualities was probably hard enough, finding 65 women at an all boys school tho. sus

Shit's laughable  :lol

I went to a university with 50,000 students and I wouldnt be able to track down 65 women who knew me

And thats in the Facebook era.

:fbm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #24146 on: September 14, 2018, 06:19:59 PM »
A third woman who signed the letter, Renate Dolphin

Sounds like a totally not made up name. :thinking
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #24147 on: September 14, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
I don't think I know 65 women.  Like 30 max and only 20 that know me. 

studyguy

« Reply #24148 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040730663832498176
I'd call this a distraction if it didn't make him seem like a supreme fucking dumbass beyond anything else.

Right now on the news we have PR, Manafort and Kavanaugh rape shit.
Wildweekend. Thought it was gonna be all hurricane Florence.
pause

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24149 on: September 14, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »
Trump cheering on FEMA and peddling InfoWars theories on Puerto Rico at the same time is just fucking weird.  :doge
🤴

james

« Reply #24150 on: September 14, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040730663832498176
I'd call this a distraction if it didn't make him seem like a supreme fucking dumbass beyond anything else.

Right now on the news we have PR, Manafort and Kavanaugh rape shit.
Wildweekend. Thought it was gonna be all hurricane Florence.

And Florida democrats are still too incompetent to turn those into votes from all the puerto Ricans that moved

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24151 on: September 14, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
Puerto Rico should just become a Russian separatist state at this point.

The 'hate' the US government seems to have for their bastard child Puerto Rico is really on another level.
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #24152 on: September 14, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »
Puerto Rico is an imperial conquest, I don't think they have the option.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24153 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »
*Trump tweets a bunch of bullshit*

Nintex: "Wow, the US government really hates Puerto Rico"

:thinking

shosta

« Reply #24154 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:20 PM »
regarding the kavanaugh stuff, I'm actually a little torn. On the one hand, it's stupid, but on the other hand, the Merrick Garland stuff was evil. I'm leaning toward blood for blood because I hold grudges
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #24155 on: September 14, 2018, 10:33:45 PM »
you've always been a petty bitch

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #24156 on: September 14, 2018, 10:48:54 PM »

I'm not saying there are russian plants on thebore

but if there was one it would definitely be nintex

agrajag

« Reply #24157 on: September 14, 2018, 10:51:35 PM »

I'm not saying there are russian plants on thebore

but if there was one it would definitely be nintex

My money is on Cauliflower.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24158 on: September 15, 2018, 05:56:30 AM »
- Doesn't live in the US but allegedly resides in The Netherlands

- Nintex joins Twitter March 2009 / Donald Trump joins Twitter March 2009

- In 2009 Pro-Russia party of Regions in Ukraine wires $750 000 to Paul Manafort

- [Nintex] account posting behavior changes after NeoGAF staff warn him not to break anymore NDA's, selects a man dressed as a FROG ready to bash peoples heads in with a chair as his avatar. The first poster on the Internet to connect the image of a FROG with online trolling and shitposting.

- [Nintex] visualizes the DudeBro December 2009 on NeoGAF as a bearded muscular military operator thus planting the seeds for what would become GamerGate and the Alt Right

- [Nintex] account banned from NeoGAF 2011/2012 by Amir0x

- 2016 at various places on and off the internet [Nintex] predicts Donald Trump victory, trolls NeoGAF members on Twitter saying it's going to happen

- 2016 Donald Trump elected president

- 2017 Amir0x arrested for CP charges

- Nintex shows up on The Bore shortly after claiming to be the same mysterious Nintendo/Xbox fanboi that once dwelled on NeoGAF

- After being unbanned on NeoGAF remains on The Bore

- Appears on The Bore right after the NeoGAF collapse and the Trump election

- Pushes conspiracy theories and sows discontent and the seeds of divide on ResetEra

- Repeatedly claims the GRU had infiltrated NeoGAF prior to the 2016 election to enact a mass banning campaign

- Knows the current temperature in St. Petersburg is 18 C

- Opposes the EU and roots for Boris Johnson to take-over the UK

:putin

Мы в состоянии войны. Играйте тактически.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #24159 on: September 15, 2018, 08:43:10 AM »
Just throwing this out there but if you have 65 women ready to defend your honor against charges of ill behavior...you probably did that shit.

I don't like how this has played out in terms of the judge not being asked about this, the accuser not wanting to come forward etc but still...the fact that republicans had a plan is a red flag to me.

Is he gonna get confirmed? Of course.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24160 on: September 15, 2018, 10:08:26 AM »
They went to bat for all the stuff Trump said and did, they went to bat for all the stuff Roy Moore did. A reliable conservative majority on the SC is far more important than either of those, especially at a time when it looks like this is going to be their last, best chance to get it.
dog

shosta

« Reply #24162 on: September 15, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »
Is he struggling with the fact that people actually died on his watch? Is he incapable of accepting it?
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #24163 on: September 15, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
One thing I’m curious about is how reliable the conservative majority on the SC will actually be.

Sometimes John Roberts finds reasons to blink when the court is heading into something incredibly controversial. I wonder if he might blink more often if Kennedy isn’t around.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #24164 on: September 15, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »
As the saying goes, Trump wants to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral. There’s nothing that isn’t about him.
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24165 on: September 15, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »
Is he struggling with the fact that people actually died on his watch? Is he incapable of accepting it?

He constantly tells blatant lies to try to make himself look good. We don't need to analyze each one for a distinct reason. It's the same as all the other times.

Nola

« Reply #24167 on: September 15, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
CBS kind of burying the lede on that one. Taking out Hellen Keller and the first female presidential nominee of a major party in a Social studies curriculum, but leaving in Billy Graham is classic Texas, but the one that actually kind of triggers me(and probably is more damaging) is removing any mention of Thomas Hobbes to replace it with passages about the positive importance of Moses and Mosaic/Judeo-Christian law in shaping the constitution and influencing American history/government.

shosta

« Reply #24168 on: September 15, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »
They took out Hobbes but left in the bible? :crazy
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #24169 on: September 15, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
Remember back when the Tea Party first showed up that Texas wanted to remove Thomas Jefferson from the history books cause he wasn't Bible Thumper-y enough?

shosta

« Reply #24170 on: September 15, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
Reminds me of one of my favorite books

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24171 on: September 15, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1041094855592689664

I guess every natural disaster now includes the President keeping score of the casualty count on Twitter.  :doge

Next Thursday, FEMA will do its first test of a system that allows the president to send a message to most U.S. cellphones.
:lol
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:18:50 PM by Nintex »
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24172 on: September 15, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »
I can't wait  ::)

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #24173 on: September 15, 2018, 07:55:02 PM »
gonna be real weird blocking FEMAs number

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24174 on: September 15, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
"Attention haters and losers. This is an emergency message from your favorite President. My poll numbers are up again, also I've never seen a thin person drink diet coke. Bye!"
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24175 on: September 15, 2018, 10:06:26 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24177 on: September 16, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »
Just wait for next week when he kicks a baby down a staircase and shits on the corpse.  :doge
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #24179 on: September 16, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »
She also has therapist's notes from 2012 about the assault