Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389785 times)

zepblackstar

Re: Gold-Plated Trumpmerica Thread |OT| On-time and under-budget
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
Sitting at the airport and looking at all the news...

Realizing how much of a fucking absurdist fever dream we're living in.

We literally having a White Nationalist gloating that he likes being compared to Darth Vader and Satan that's going to be in our cabinet.
He's gotta be taking the piss with that quote. I mean, you've gotta be a shit person to even joke about something like that given the position he's in but it's the only hope I've got :(.

He is taking the piss, I mean he runs breitbart

He gives an interview to the hollywood reporter and the writer is Michael Wolff who has been pissing on the Murdochs for years. He knows what he is doing.

Syph

« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2016, 08:43:43 PM »
Make The Bore Great Again
:rejoice
check your plugin privilege
XO

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

daemon

« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/JTFMPpo.png

8 years

and a different focal lens /distance from camera , given the angle of the ears.

Himu

« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2016, 02:56:47 AM »
I don't understand Jeff Sessions. I read this earlier yesterday - I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

In December, after presidential candidate Donald Trump called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims” entering the country, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) introduced a “sense of the Senate” resolution affirming that the United States must not bar people from the country because of their religion.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) — a member of the Judiciary Committee, along with Leahy — voted against the resolution and delivered a 30-minute oration urging fellow senators to join him. The resolution, he warned, would make global migration to the United States a “human right.”

It would mean, he said, that the United States “could not favor for entry the moderate Muslim cleric over the radical Muslim cleric.” Or that a foreign cleric overseas could demand a tourist visa to deliver a sermon denouncing the U.S. Constitution “and claim religious discrimination” if it was not approved.

“I think,’’ Sessions said, “it is a dangerous step.”

What a ridiculous straw man.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2016, 03:10:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/tggrove/status/799240322186362880

EDIT :

A good piece to keep in perspective what spying often entails at a time where there's some hysteria on the matter :

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-15/the-spy-who-added-me-on-linkedin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:17:45 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Nola

« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2016, 03:34:34 AM »
Maybe Trump should think about calling the Pentagon? I hear they know some shit.

zepblackstar

« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »
Pence goes to hamilton play, gets booed/cheered
Hamilton cast gives him an innocent speech about diverse America
Trump tweets out that Pence was harassed by Hamilton cast

No one seems to realize he is pushing the "those" elites imagery in NYC.

::)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799974635274194947

Trump quoting Lincoln  :obama

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SAFE SPACE  :rofl
[close]
ὕβρις

zepblackstar

« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
the term safe space is deliberate because all the media is talking about now is not his noms but this stupid shit.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »
the Kremlin's still not entirely sure what his position is on Ukraine

Yeah, well, get in line, buddy.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »
the term safe space is deliberate because all the media is talking about now is not his noms but this stupid shit.

Yeah I think you're right. He doesn't care one bit about "public shaming" from the left and he won't give a fuck to defile the "dignity of the office". Judging by the election, neither will a lot of his voters. It's really hard not to get sucked in his media carpet bombing, but the political answer must squarely stays on the real issues. In a mud fight, he'll always come out on top.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »
I dont think he is smart enough to conciously make this a distraction. This is just his regular pattern of getting defensive and bitching about it in twitter. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »
 :rofl why would you ever actually say this

DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I will be frank with you. If I was trying to rig the outcome of the primary, trust me, I could have -- there are so many things that we, not I, we could have done to enhance the campaign of one candidate over another

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2016, 02:08:29 PM »
Lol "definitely could have rigged it and gotten away with it, that's how you know we didn't :doge"

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »
The DNC should hire her back just so they can fire her instead of letting her get away with resigning.

etiolate

« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
I dont think he is smart enough to conciously make this a distraction. This is just his regular pattern of getting defensive and bitching about it in twitter.

I wouldn't ever assume his fingers are putting out those tweets. The use of safe space is very likely on purpose. It's a distraction that people will far for because they really can't break from their conditioning.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »
The DNC should hire her back just so they can fire her instead of letting her get away with resigning.

The way the DNC is doubling down I wouldn't be surprised if they just hired her back period.

zepblackstar

« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
The DNC has been very good financially to a lot of the old guard including her, you think they are going to just give it up because far left factions are butthurt?

Himu

« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2016, 08:38:38 PM »

The way the DNC is doubling down I wouldn't be surprised if they just hired her back period.

Lots are pushing on Keith Ellison as DNC chair. We'll see.
IYKYK

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
The DNC has been very good financially to a lot of the old guard including her, you think they are going to just give it up because far left factions are butthurt?

This might sound dickish and I apologize in advance but let's use proper terms in this country please. Social Democrats aren't far left, they're just left from center. Anarchism is far left not Bernie fucking Sanders, the vanilla of the vanilla left. On the other hand the neoliberal economic platform of the DNC and republicans is pretty far to the right and has proven pretty fucking destructive.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2016, 04:16:27 AM »
Senator John McCain of Arizona, chairman of the armed services committee, said on Saturday that any attempt to bring back harsh tortures such as waterboarding, which simulates drowning, would quickly be challenged in court.

“I don’t give a damn what the president of the United States wants to do or anybody else wants to do. We will not waterboard. We will not do it,” McCain said to applause during a panel discussion at the Halifax international security forum.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/20/john-mccain-i-dont-give-a-damn-no-waterboarding-under-trump

An article on a possible constitutional safeguard against leveraging his public office for business profits :

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poised-to-violate-constitution-his-first-day-in-office-george-w-bushs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.tz48bgy12

Trump also deleted one of his Hamilton tweets. Hum... wow. Does not bode well for when the POTUS office will have to respond to any pressing issue or crisis.

"- Strike that from the record, I changed my mind. It's a little much to say that blacks should pull their pants off.
- Mister President, it's already been printed in the newspapers.
- Buy them all then ?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:48:22 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

zepblackstar

« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »
Senator John McCain of Arizona, chairman of the armed services committee, said on Saturday that any attempt to bring back harsh tortures such as waterboarding, which simulates drowning, would quickly be challenged in court.

“I don’t give a damn what the president of the United States wants to do or anybody else wants to do. We will not waterboard. We will not do it,” McCain said to applause during a panel discussion at the Halifax international security forum.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/20/john-mccain-i-dont-give-a-damn-no-waterboarding-under-trump

An article on a possible constitutional safeguard against leveraging his public office for business profits :

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poised-to-violate-constitution-his-first-day-in-office-george-w-bushs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.tz48bgy12

Trump also deleted one of his Hamilton tweets. Hum... wow. Does not bode well for when the POTUS office will have to respond to any pressing issue or crisis.

"- Strike that from the record, I changed my mind. It's a little much to say that blacks should pull their pants off.
- Mister President, it's already been printed in the newspapers.
- Buy them all then ?"

The thinkprogress piece is wrong because they has never been anything like Trump coming into office with his business deals all over the world. It looks shady but its not illegal.

hell, even if he were to put everything into a blind trust, you think officials who he has known well before he ran for office or countries won't favors his businesses as an aside?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/800305855178608640

It worked anyway.
rub

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
The thinkprogress piece is wrong because they has never been anything like Trump coming into office with his business deals all over the world. It looks shady but its not illegal.

hell, even if he were to put everything into a blind trust, you think officials who he has known well before he ran for office or countries won't favors his businesses as an aside?

Obviously, a theorical wall between his public service and his private interests will never be perfect in practice. I don't think that's a reason to not have provisions in place to curb the conflicts of interests though. Not being a lawyer, I can't really comment on how realistic a prospect it is to attack the future President via this avenue (The WaPo piece linked in the beginning offers the counterpoint that the Library of Congress is of the opinion that there's no legal requirement to force him to relinquish assets) but I think that's a potential challenge to his presidency that should be explored if necessary.
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2016, 12:29:44 PM »
Time to really get the most out of this feature.

https://twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/460194112142979075

Dennis

« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2016, 01:58:37 PM »

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/800305855178608640

It worked anyway.

Media: "He played us like a fiddle!"

Just kidding. They would never say that. That would require actual self-awareness on the part of the media.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »
The sad thing is that they probably made the right business decision.

Boredfrom

« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »
Guys, the media would have not cared about his settlement even without the "distraction". The media is mercenary and opportunistic and it was before Trump.

The fact that he deleted some tweets makes me think he cares about this more than anything else, for better or worse. This guy is this shallow.

I wouldn't ever assume his fingers are putting out those tweets. The use of safe space is very likely on purpose. It's a distraction that people will far for because they really can't break from their conditioning.

Pffft. You are saying this like this was the first time he is triggered because people dont respect him or friends, or the first time he demands having special considerations.

Lets not pretend he and his goonies suddenly become hypercompetent fascist after the pre election mood showed they thought they will lose, even with Trump bravado.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:26:58 PM by Boredfrom »

etiolate

« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
His sensitive reaction isn't new, but the use of the term safe space feels calculated. He could have just called the actors and actresses rude, but using that particular phrase makes those reacting have to twist their logic into knots to attack the tweet.

Dennis

« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
Here is how it is going to go.

Whenever President Trump is in hot water he and his advisors will put together a carefully worded tweet using sjw trigger words to distract from the issue.
And then they will watch as the media runs like Fido chasing a stick.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »
His sensitive reaction isn't new, but the use of the term safe space feels calculated. He could have just called the actors and actresses rude, but using that particular phrase makes those reacting have to twist their logic into knots to attack the tweet.

::)
"look at this big baby hypocrite"

oh wow the twisted logic, Trump is playing eleventh-dimensional chess once again

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »
You just mad that he outsmarted you and won, college intellectual #MAGA #mememagic

Boredfrom

« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »
So what was the issue they want to distract people for now that he is bitching about SNL still making fun of him?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2016, 10:48:35 PM »
:rofl why would you ever actually say this

DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I will be frank with you. If I was trying to rig the outcome of the primary, trust me, I could have -- there are so many things that we, not I, we could have done to enhance the campaign of one candidate over another

If DWS was the main course at a luau, I'd pay to attend.

zepblackstar

« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2016, 11:04:04 PM »
So what was the issue they want to distract people for now that he is bitching about SNL still making fun of him?

anyone talking much more about his business dealings with Indian partners who visited him or the $25 million settlement.

If you make everything a big deal, eventually and probably already, nothing is a big deal.

Boredfrom

« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2016, 11:22:41 PM »

anyone talking much more about his business dealings with Indian partners who visited him or the $25 million settlement.

If you make everything a big deal, eventually and probably already, nothing is a big deal.

Or he is a idiot that gets mad when he fells cornered or humilliated as stuff like the debates demonstrate.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Tasty

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2016, 12:53:05 AM »
cacistocracy
dog

agrajag

« Reply #341 on: November 21, 2016, 02:18:31 AM »

Or he is a idiot that gets mad when he fells cornered or humilliated as stuff like the debates demonstrate.

Can't wait for inauguration ceremony when he gets booed by like a million people.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #342 on: November 21, 2016, 03:56:35 AM »
:clap

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/800008048848683008

cacistocracy
Considering "cacophony" has the same root, would you accept "cacostocracy"?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:28:29 AM by demi »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #343 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »
Remember back in 2012 when people thought the GOP was dead?(myself included)

Edith Bunker, "Those were the days..."
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2016, 10:08:57 AM »
Remember back in 2012 when people thought the GOP was dead?(myself included)

Edith Bunker, "Those were the days..."

Mever underestimate the democrats ability to lose, even against a dead party
:O

« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
Trump meeting with Tulsi Gabbard (resigned from DNC to support Bernie) today.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN13G1KH

Brehvolution

« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2016, 11:40:53 AM »
The whole 'WE WON! YOU LOST!' crap is pretty ridiculous. Trump won. You didn't win anything. You have no more rights or privilege than you did before the election.
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »
Guys, I'm seriously freaking out about Romney being Sec of State. Truth be told, I think it's a pretty smart move and I think Romney has the chance to be a pretty good Sec of State. But here's where I'm freaking out. If my civics lessons serve me right he'd be 3rd in line to power. My wife's Mormon family already deeply entrenched in Armageddon-lust and end of the world conspiracy theories will be insufferable saying that god's setting up a way for a mormon president since the people were too evil to elect him.  4 years of that constant drumbeat. It's going to drive me crazy.
que

Brehvolution

« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2016, 12:38:14 PM »
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
Romney (or Gabbard and any other "normal" politician) would be ill advised to accept. They'll end up being used as political cover. Moderating the Trump Circus from the inside is probably a fool's errand. The legislative branch must rise up to his responsabilities as a check and balance.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »
The whole 'WE WON! YOU LOST!' crap is pretty ridiculous. Trump won. You didn't win anything. You have no more rights or privilege than you did before the election.

for now

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:51 PM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/21/1602559/-Argentina-President-calls-Trump-to-congratulate-Trump-asks-to-expedite-building-permits

According to La Nacion, when Argentinian President Mauricio Macri called Trump to congratulate him, Trump asked Macri to expedite Trump’s building of a tower in Buenos Aires.

La Nacion is a prominent newspaper. Can't comment on its credibility here.

Edit : Denied by a spokesman for the Argentinian presidency.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:53:53 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
I don't know if that's true, but it's probably true.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »
Why the hell is it ordered like that.

It would make much more sense if Secretary of State was third.

God your laws are dumb.

Congress presidents are elected officials. Secretaries are discrete appointments. Don't know if it's the logic but that makes sense. Also if both the President and VP are unable to perform duties, you may be in a situation where you want the executive and legislative branch to take decisions quickly.

French constitution designates the Senate President as the interim leader in such cases then goes to Prime Minister and below to the next minister in line (depending on the protocolar order decided upon by each cabinet).
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/20/502719871/energized-by-trumps-win-white-nationalists-gather-to-change-the-world

Times like this I want to go back to my fuck cacs you can't trust em rhetoric and i have to put my hand in my mouth. I have to remember this is not representative of all white people and that not all white people will lie to your face and present themselves as being fair and equitable while hiding the fact they're dirty fucking snake. This article makes me boiling and I have to remember to keep my hate for white people in check. Empathy. Breathe~
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:45:21 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »

they don't care as long as others have less rights than them.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
True. For a large portion of American population this election was all about sticking it to somebody. Not about improving their lives, but making someone else's worse. Because fuck you.

Syph

« Reply #358 on: November 21, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
if only this went both ways
XO

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »
True. For a large portion of American population this election was all about sticking it to somebody. Not about improving their lives, but making someone else's worse. Because fuck you.

The transition from "fuck you I have mine" to "fuck you I don't have anything and Ill be damned if you do too"
:O