Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5445608 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Hillary Clinton revanchists at it again
« Reply #50040 on: January 27, 2020, 04:36:36 PM »
They have Pam Bondi on their case to talk about corruption.

:neogaf

They're just taking the piss at this point.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #50042 on: January 27, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
U
N
I
T
Y
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50043 on: January 27, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »

These fucking billionaires are messing with the stonks.

https://twitter.com/HCTrudo/status/1221888238819868675

:drudge :drudge :drudge

"even his age is extreme!"

:lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #50044 on: January 27, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »
Blue no matter who :jo

Occam

« Reply #50045 on: January 27, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
Are you actually watching this? Why?

Himu

« Reply #50046 on: January 27, 2020, 05:06:04 PM »
Holy fuck this dumbass trump defense has been talking about Biden for damn near 30 goddamn minutes with absolutely ZERO relevance to Trump's impeachment
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50047 on: January 27, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »
lying about getting his dick sucked

Hey look, perjury, an actual crime.

Good thing the GOP controls the Senate otherwise Trump would have plenty of that, too.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50048 on: January 27, 2020, 05:13:43 PM »
Pam Bondi, yet another 'Special Advisor to the President' who doesn't know who Lev Parnas is.

🤴

Himu

« Reply #50049 on: January 27, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »
The prospect of both the modern republican and democratic parties dying with the rise of Bernie is getting me WET.

They're so terrified. And they actually think this will all go away. :lol They don't understand the reason this has been birthed and that is their downfall - their myopia.

The people that voted Obama's CHANGE and HOPE never left. We'll still be here until shit actually starts to move.

Trying to turn against Bernie is likely to make him more popular. Americans don't like the establishment and the powerful.

My hope is that Bernie wins, centrist Dems are exposed as they try to fight actual reform and replaced with people with vision. Kill the current party. Make it bleed blue.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50050 on: January 27, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »
Jane Raskin you say?

She also doesn't know Lev.

🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50051 on: January 27, 2020, 05:18:42 PM »
The prospect of both the modern republican and democratic parties dying with the rise of Bernie is getting me WET.

They're so terrified. And they actually think this will all go away. :lol They don't understand the reason this has been birthed and that is their downfall - their myopia.

The people that voted Obama's CHANGE and HOPE never left. We'll still be here until shit actually starts to move.

Trying to turn against Bernie is likely to make him more popular. Americans don't like the establishment and the powerful.

My hope is that Bernie wins, centrist Dems are exposed are replaced with people with vision. Kill the current party. Make it bleed blue.

I was listening to the bernie/rogan podcast (:o)  finally yesterday and rogan asked him how he plans to get this stuff through. You can feel Bernie's sidestep, but dude is just waiting for general election to run again republican democrats in the senate up for election.

That's gonna be amazing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50052 on: January 27, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »
I think the only people on Trump's defense team who didn't know Lev are Alan and Kenn because they were at Epstein island at the time.  :doge
🤴

Himu

« Reply #50053 on: January 27, 2020, 05:30:33 PM »

My hope is that Bernie wins, centrist Dems are exposed are replaced with people with vision. Kill the current party. Make it bleed blue.

I was listening to the bernie/rogan podcast (:o)  finally yesterday and rogan asked him how he plans to get this stuff through. You can feel Bernie's sidestep, but dude is just waiting for general election to run again republican democrats in the senate up for election.

That's gonna be amazing.

Please reword the bolded. I have no idea what you're trying to communicate.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #50054 on: January 27, 2020, 05:34:41 PM »
I'm still surprised that the Democratic party and the media are surprised of Bernie's rise.

It's the Obama move. Remember HOPIUM? Much of this is stuff Obama promised. It's what got him elected and in the end nothing really changed. Thanks Obummer, ye limy piece of shit.

And now they're shocked that the same people still want change 12 years later.

They can't be that daft. They're really shocked that a generation that witnessed the 2008 crash and subsequent bailout are against their idea of capitalism. Preposterous.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #50055 on: January 27, 2020, 05:47:55 PM »
It's the Obama move. Remember HOPIUM? Much of this is stuff Obama promised. It's what got him elected and in the end nothing really changed. Thanks Obummer, ye limy piece of shit.
some real fairweather friends here :leon
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50056 on: January 27, 2020, 05:50:57 PM »
Somehow Obama is going to get impeached for all this

Herschmann is literally presenting the case to Obama's impeachment right now.

:rofl

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50057 on: January 27, 2020, 05:54:47 PM »
I'm still surprised that the Democratic party and the media are surprised of Bernie's rise.

And now they're shocked that the same people still want change 12 years later.

They can't be that daft. They're really shocked that a generation that witnessed the 2008 crash and subsequent bailout are against their idea of capitalism. Preposterous.
They're mostly scared like most other politicians are at the ways Trump is actually changing things and how little they can do to stop him.
Obama never used the full spectrum of Presidential powers available to him. He was more careful in his approach. Trump just spends billions on pet projects like Space Force and goes around strong arming poorer countries like Mexico, Ukraine and Iran.

They want Biden, so he can 'undo' the damage Trump did and return things back to 'normal'. "Don't take a risk"
Sanders could, like Trump, potentially change a lot of things. He wouldn't start Space Force but he sure as hell would immediately call up the likes of Amazon and Silicon Valley tech companies Putin style to at least get the taxes owed and stop them from shipping jobs overseas. Trump has pretty much accepted that migration of highly educated tech workers is beneficial to the US and most importantly a loss to other countries. Trump wants to get out of the Middle East but he doesn't want to lose, so he's stuck there. I don't think Sanders will drop his principles that easily considering how long he has had those ideals. For better for worse Trump is no ideologue so as long as it 'makes america great again' or you can convince him it does, you could get away with pretty much anything.

Somehow Obama is going to get impeached for all this

Herschmann is literally presenting the case to Obama's impeachment right now.

:rofl
They're doing it to keep Romney in line. He was contemplating to support a Bolton testimony.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:02:10 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #50058 on: January 27, 2020, 06:01:50 PM »
:rofl at the Trump defense
IYKYK

james

« Reply #50059 on: January 27, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
Iowa has 41 delegates.

California has 415. Texas has 228.

Why the fuck does anyone give a shit about Iowa?

Has there been a single Texas primary poll?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50060 on: January 27, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1221931137620226049

Tomorrow the peace plan. Surprised it hasn't leaked yet.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #50061 on: January 27, 2020, 06:23:50 PM »
Iowa has 41 delegates.

Texas isn't going to vote blue in a presidential genersl any time soon. Odd question.

Iowa is a flip state. That's why there's attention on them.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #50062 on: January 27, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
Iowa has 41 delegates.

Texas isn't going to vote blue in a presidential genersl any time soon. Odd question.

Iowa is a flip state. That's why there's attention on them.

Im talking about Democrat delegates. You know, what they're competing for.

And no Iowa isnt a swing state absolute LOL

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50063 on: January 27, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »

That's gonna be amazing.

Please reword the bolded. I have no idea what you're trying to communicate.

I meant, challenging "red" democrats if people like Our Revolution have someone lined up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50064 on: January 27, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »
The Trump defense is literally "yeah Trump  strong armed a foreign nation by withholding military aid until they did something that would help him in the upcoming election but it was because Biden('s son) really is dirty".

:dead
Trump's defense: "Well the President can do whatever he wants so move on with your lives..... but did you know 1 in 10 Republicans is suffering from Traumatic Obama Administration Experiences? Just look at Nancy handing out the pens JUST LOOK AT IT!! Mitt Romney was right about the Russians? See! He was right. It was all your fault  :'( :'( :'( :'("
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50065 on: January 27, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
I will say, that signing that Pelosi did with the pens, was stupid as fuck.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50066 on: January 27, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »
Ted Cruz is going all in on this. They're fucking shameless  :lol
https://twitter.com/BlazeTV/status/1221941727226990593
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #50067 on: January 27, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1221858236107763712

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

WaPo going straight for Filler's heart.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50068 on: January 27, 2020, 07:05:04 PM »
CNN also running defense for Trump  :dizzy
https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1221945681310601219

The strategy of boring everyone with Ken Starr actually providing arguments in the defense of Trump
and then flipping over to Bondi and the others to basically just hammer on the Bidens and even Obama to make it 'exciting' enough for headlines worked.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:09:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #50069 on: January 27, 2020, 07:09:57 PM »
What the fuck is this guy talking about?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50070 on: January 27, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »
What the fuck is this guy talking about?
Everyone fell asleep from the constitutional scholars and woke up when Pam said Biden corruption, Biden corruption, Biden corruption. Because she's more pleasant to look at than bald old men or Goodfellas extra's I guess?
Followed by another guy running juicy clips of Obama and Medvedev from years ago.

This impeachment 'sham' did not only show that the President is not guilty. In fact, the President was right to investigate the Biden's for corruption in Ukraine.  :dizzy

Bolton's book roll-out was too obvious as the pre-orders opened the moment he leaked about Ukraine and Mulvaney shot that down almost immediately saying Bolton was wrong.
Prompting Bolton's people to say they didn't actually participate or condone leaking the draft to the NYT.

I thought from the beginning that was the mistake the Democrats made. By making this only about Ukraine and the dealings with Zelensky and not a wide range of issues related to Trump and foreign policy mishaps and possible shady deals.
The Trump defense team, without blinking threw out a bunch of completely unrelated things like Obama not being tough on Russia in a debate with Romney, Obama stopping the construction of Bush's Missile shield in Poland
and Hunter Biden getting hired by a gas company because his dad wanted a prosecutor fired. Seemingly creating the image that Obama and Biden have been doing all these corrupt and shady deals while in office against the interests of the US.

They completely disregard the fact that the Europeans weren't exactly thrilled to have such a missile shield trying to pretend it was to keep out Iranian missiles and it was dropped more or less because everyone agreed it wouldn't be very effective and there was an economic crisis going on. But no one remembers that (and only 1% in the US knows where Poland is on a map) so everyone will get the message that Obama didn't defend Europe against Russian missiles and aggression as he didn't defend the US against election interference because really it is Obama who is working for the Russians but actually it's not the Russians but Ukraine that were guilty of the bad things after all. Get it?
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50071 on: January 27, 2020, 09:18:53 PM »
:lol so Bolton dropped off one copy of his manuscript to the White House, copies got made, and his team is claiming the leak came from inside the White House itself :lol

That's where all the leaks have come from in the past, so it would hardly be surprising.
dog

Occam

« Reply #50072 on: January 27, 2020, 09:35:10 PM »
The Team Trump argument is really not that Trump didn't do anything wrong, but impeachment itself shouldn't be a thing that is allowed to happen

Jury nullification.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #50073 on: January 27, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1221820936292380674

Proper place for Esch's Cenk emote right here:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50074 on: January 27, 2020, 09:57:25 PM »
:cenk
dog

kingv

« Reply #50075 on: January 27, 2020, 10:08:29 PM »
The Team Trump argument is really not that Trump didn't do anything wrong, but impeachment itself shouldn't be a thing that is allowed to happen

Two things stuck out to me about the GOP arguments tonight.

1) one of the lawyers said that the impeachment articles did not even allege a crime, and thus this wasn’t a valid impeachment, then that same lawyer, in the same speech read a passage from the impeachment articles that said something about this being a crime.

2) Ultimately, they seem to be saying this is not a valid impeachment because it doesn’t allege a violation of US criminal code. This is effectively saying that Congress and the courts have literally no power over the President as long as he doesn’t violate A criminal law. He can violate regulations and laws passed by Congress with impunity, with no recourse as long as he can find somebody to do it for him. That’s an insane point of view.

thisismyusername

« Reply #50076 on: January 27, 2020, 10:09:02 PM »
:cenk

Oh, that's the trigger. I had to ask off-site for it because I thought Esch just used imgur for it. :snoop

I'm dying at Cenk's face during this video. Just "WOAH! WOAH! NO STOP!" from it. :dead

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
◕‿◕

kingv

« Reply #50078 on: January 27, 2020, 10:49:34 PM »

Two things stuck out to me about the GOP arguments tonight.

1) one of the lawyers said that the impeachment articles did not even allege a crime, and thus this wasn’t a valid impeachment, then that same lawyer, in the same speech read a passage from the impeachment articles that said something about this being a crime.

2) Ultimately, they seem to be saying this is not a valid impeachment because it doesn’t allege a violation of US criminal code. This is effectively saying that Congress and the courts have literally no power over the President as long as he doesn’t violate A criminal law. He can violate regulations and laws passed by Congress with impunity, with no recourse as long as he can find somebody to do it for him. That’s an insane point of view.

Made all the more :what by two of the members of the defense team having the exact opposite opinions on impeachment during the Clinton trial.

Imo the gop is going to get rekt in 2020.

No matter how eloquently stated their arguments are very poor, and Bolton’s book is going to help cut a lot of really damaging ads.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #50079 on: January 27, 2020, 10:59:51 PM »
Any ideas for the custom Bloomberg t shirt I'm going to order? This is for the Nevada caucuses.
I asked a certain billionaire "how much for my vote?" and all I got was this t-shirt.

james

« Reply #50080 on: January 27, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »
So um this is the ugliest group of supporters I've ever seen.

We need to do better Bernie

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenPu_nbc/status/1221975566380945408

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #50081 on: January 27, 2020, 11:27:14 PM »
Any ideas for the custom Bloomberg t shirt I'm going to order? This is for the Nevada caucuses.
I asked a certain billionaire "how much for my vote?" and all I got was this t-shirt.
I read the words “Bloomberg” and “Terminal” and got excited!

benjipwns

« Reply #50082 on: January 27, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »
I'm for Bloomberg because somebody needs to control THESE GUNS!

and there's like arrows and you flex

benjipwns

« Reply #50083 on: January 27, 2020, 11:50:37 PM »
It's probably way too obscure of joke, but I just thought of that "Wait for... " PS3 chalkboard image. Only all the dropped out "name" candidates (Gillibrand, Harris, Hillary, etc.) are crossed out with Bloomberg as the one left.

Or maybe it could be hoped for candidates: Abrams, Michelle Obama, Oprah, Mark Cuban, Hillary, etc. with only Bloomberg left.

FStop7

« Reply #50084 on: January 27, 2020, 11:51:00 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #50085 on: January 27, 2020, 11:52:23 PM »
每天生气

benjipwns

thisismyusername

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #50088 on: January 28, 2020, 01:27:52 AM »
I think you're forgetting about Bernie's secret weapon

spoiler (click to show/hide)
he's not Hillary
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #50089 on: January 28, 2020, 01:37:49 AM »

Narrator voice... They didn't die.

A lot of people are rooting for Sanders to get through one party's primary with 25-30% of the vote* thanks to some game theory paralysis on behalf of his opponents, but also expecting him to lead this crushingly popular mass movement that will replace or cow all the incumbent legislators.

To be fair, all the candidates are obligated to pretend they'd be able to get their agendas through, and it's not any more ridiculous a fantasy than Joe Biden's plan to charm the GOP into voting for a public option, or Warren banking on getting even more Dems in during the midterms.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Presumably >50% once it gets winnowed to a couple candidates.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #50090 on: January 28, 2020, 01:56:55 AM »
Did you guys see/it get posted how they're going to report three results for Iowa? They're copying the GOP but adding another step and keeping the 15% requirement.

In the GOP Iowa caucus they do a straw poll, that's the reported vote %, but it actually doesn't mean anything, there's another process to select the delegates. This is how Romney/Santorum "tied" in 2012 with 24.53% and 24.56% of the vote, but Ron Paul won nearly all the delegates (22 out of 28 with Romney getting the rest).

Usually the Democrats simply report the delegates (or rather the "delegate equivalents" since it's not actually delegates to the national convention but the county conventions), and a % is derived from that. For example in 2016, Hillary got 23 delegates and Bernie got 21 delegates from Iowa. Their 49.8% and 49.6% "vote %" was derived from this, not any kind of poll, which was actually determined by Hillary winning 700.5 delegate equivalents and Bernie winning 696.9 delegate equivalents.

This year however the Democrats will be taking two straw polls, the first is for everyone and will be reported. Then the 15% requirement kicks in and eliminates any candidate who can't get over that. A second straw poll will be held at that point, this will also be reported. THEN they will decide the delegate counts and report this.

So in theory you could see results that look like this...
First Poll: Sanders 25%, Biden 22%, Buttigieg 17%, Warren 14%, Klobuchar 9%, Yang 3%, Steyer 3%, Gabbard 2% (this is the current RCP average rounded up)
Second Poll: Biden 25%, Sanders 25%, Klobuchar 18%, Buttigieg 17%, Warren 15% (I purposely did this to keep Warren in and move Biden and Amy for America up)
Delegates: Biden 11, Klobuchar 9, Sanders 9, Warren 6, Buttigieg 6 (delegates are not awarded purely at the state level but at the state level and then in each district, I did it all at the state level then rounded Bernie and Pete down, while Amy and Warren rounded up so that the results would again change)

Two "winners", three second and third placers! Democracy, whiskey, sexy!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #50091 on: January 28, 2020, 01:59:57 AM »
Yeah think I saw a story that the Sanders campaign was going to focus on the straw vote number because they expect to be able to win that. Other campaigns will probably just boost whichever number is most favorable for them.

benjipwns

« Reply #50092 on: January 28, 2020, 02:06:25 AM »
I have no idea how the media will report it if it turns out similar to my example or worse there's three winners. They got burned in 2012 declaring it for Romney, when Santorum then won when the count was finished a few hours later. You know outlets like Politico are going to be rushing to declare it first.

For fuckery purposes I'm hoping the Democrats release each result as it's finished, not waiting to release all three at the end. :doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #50093 on: January 28, 2020, 02:10:42 AM »
There's always an impulse to be the first to put a checkmark next to a name but I think lots of the media is fine with "chaos! no clear winner as dems in disarray" as the story.

benjipwns

« Reply #50094 on: January 28, 2020, 02:14:12 AM »
"IOWA: Klobuchar surges to unexpected third, Biden holds strong at second" :teehee

benjipwns

« Reply #50095 on: January 28, 2020, 02:16:23 AM »
March 3rd is what really matters anyway, especially with California in the mix. Impeachment should ideally be over by then.

edit: Caucus/primary dates for james and anyone else:
February 3 - Iowa
February 11 - New Hampshire
February 22 - Nevada
February 29 - South Carolina
March 3 - Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia
March 10 - Idaho, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Washington
March 17 - Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Ohio

If things are not culled mathematically by that point we probably have to wait until April 28th for Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania to do it.

There's a total of 57 contests this year. :obama
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:26:08 AM by benjipwns »

Occam

« Reply #50096 on: January 28, 2020, 02:51:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/mysterysolvent/status/1221996534147035137

Rudy getting a taste of the future.

This can't be current, it's 40°F in New York and the protesters in the video aren't even wearing coats.

benjipwns

« Reply #50097 on: January 28, 2020, 03:04:57 AM »
It's from May 2018:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50098 on: January 28, 2020, 03:56:34 AM »
:lol so Bolton dropped off one copy of his manuscript to the White House, copies got made, and his team is claiming the leak came from inside the White House itself :lol
Trump John Barron leaked it for the drama.

At least CNN is having a good laugh
https://twitter.com/SteveKrak/status/1221988232528826369
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:34:08 AM by Nintex »
🤴