Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5444849 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| DEEP STATE OPPO DROPPO
« Reply #7200 on: July 05, 2017, 04:06:39 AM »
if you ask me it's not unsurprising that the Wizards' state protected monopoly status is proven to be a fraudulent and fear driven enterprise for personal power and profit

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #7201 on: July 05, 2017, 06:40:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/882427685800161281

Other than the "guy" being a 15-year-old child who probably uses the n-word liberally online, sure.

Also after this whole incident and the whole "CNN just made up headlines about Russia for ratings" thing, this is scary.

http://time.com/4844498/americans-trust-cnn-donald-trump-poll/

It's scary that the public trusts CNN more than someone who happens to be a birther and tweets like a 12 year old conspiracy theorist?

At this point the 12 year old birther conspiracy theorist probably has more journalistic integrity than CNN.

Nola

« Reply #7202 on: July 05, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
I don't agree with "doxxing" unless the person in question is doing something more heinous, ie: /pol/ posters shouldn't be broadcasted their information knowing full well this will lead into a real "doxx" and eventually personal harassment.

I say this as someone who's fine with exposing explicitly racist/sexist/homophobic people to their jobs, simply because in this case it's a news outlet publicly threatening this in a time where the news is getting a lot of push back, and I don't think that random individuals should be targeted if they lack a position of power, importance, or authority. At that point the expose has no other purpose but to incite harassment.

So you go out to reveal the identity of somebody that shitposted a dumbass meme that got retweeted by POTUS and was later found to have posted racist /pol/ stuff, aside from feeling good that the guy got harassed for being a racist prick, what's the endgame?

Having tons of GOP/alt-right news sources "expose" that CNN is willing to investigate & reveal the identity of some random person, who was pursued because they earnestly [ ::) ] thought a dumb CNN wrestling GIF was inciting violence, when it won't result in anything besides like individual punishment? Are we really supposed to believe that identifying the_donald basement dwellers is going to lead to some change?

IMO, if anybody would be alarmed by this news it would be the people who aren't invested into this stuff find out through the news that some minor eventually becomes identified by CNN/WaPo/NYT and later harassed by the general public.

I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but I don't buy that this is the right thing to do.

What constitutes as heinous? Because this person(whom I'm pretty sure this whole 15 year old thing started by blanket assertion from 4channers btw) was someone that admitted to and was cited multiple times by the anti defamation league for advocating violence toward minority groups under that handle. Not just creating wrestling memes.

Meanwhile, right above you, we have a poster that is literally posting the results of doxxs committed on people completely unrelated to this story because he got more triggered by CNN posting the results of their investigation into the origin of the GIF then the racist and violence promoting behavior underlying the person and group's that produce it. Which seems to be a common thread with a few posters and the majority of the Trump cult communities.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:57:19 AM by Nola »

FatalT

« Reply #7203 on: July 05, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
I don't agree with "doxxing" unless the person in question is doing something more heinous, ie: /pol/ posters shouldn't be broadcasted their information knowing full well this will lead into a real "doxx" and eventually personal harassment.

I say this as someone who's fine with exposing explicitly racist/sexist/homophobic people to their jobs, simply because in this case it's a news outlet publicly threatening this in a time where the news is getting a lot of push back, and I don't think that random individuals should be targeted if they lack a position of power, importance, or authority. At that point the expose has no other purpose but to incite harassment.

So you go out to reveal the identity of somebody that shitposted a dumbass meme that got retweeted by POTUS and was later found to have posted racist /pol/ stuff, aside from feeling good that the guy got harassed for being a racist prick, what's the endgame?

Having tons of GOP/alt-right news sources "expose" that CNN is willing to investigate & reveal the identity of some random person, who was pursued because they earnestly [ ::) ] thought a dumb CNN wrestling GIF was inciting violence, when it won't result in anything besides like individual punishment? Are we really supposed to believe that identifying the_donald basement dwellers is going to lead to some change?

IMO, if anybody would be alarmed by this news it would be the people who aren't invested into this stuff find out through the news that some minor eventually becomes identified by CNN/WaPo/NYT and later harassed by the general public.

I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but I don't buy that this is the right thing to do.

What constitutes as heinous? Because this person(whom I'm pretty sure this whole 15 year old thing started by blanket assertion from 4channers btw) was someone that admitted to and was cited multiple times by the anti defamation league for advocating violence toward minority groups under that handle. Not just creating wrestling memes.

Meanwhile, right above you, we have a poster that is literally posting the results of doxxs committed on people completely unrelated to this story because he got more triggered by CNN posting the results of their investigation into the origin of the GIF then the racist and violence promoting behavior underlying the person and group's that produce it. Which seems to be a common thread with a few posters and the majority of the Trump cult communities.

The receipts for those accusations. Let's see 'em.

FatalT

« Reply #7204 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »
Nevermind, found the receipts myself. This whole debacle and responses are basically just "get triggered by an Internet troll brehs." I'm done here. Comparing the "death threats" to GAF's on the president, the hypocrisy flows like the Wonka Factory's chocolate river. This isn't even news-worthy after reading into all the details. 213372bu is right, all CNN had to do was release his name and address and people would forget about this tomorrow. "Oh, John Doe made that meme but also wrote a bunch of racist shit, welp, okay. What're the Kardashians doing?"

The only people who care about this so much are sperglords and people who abuse the words "virtue signal."

Nola

« Reply #7205 on: July 05, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »

The receipts for those accusations. Let's see 'em.

Read the thread dipshit. Or perhaps just the story you have spent the better part of a day condemning. The one where CNN mentions who sourced this stuff.

What does it say that you have been going on and on and don't even have the basic facts straight?

Nola

« Reply #7206 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »

You think I care about any of the shitposters here or support Trump? :doge I'm just saying that CNN handled this terribly.

They didn't consider what they had to lose/gain from this entire debacle. They didn't consider it all directly stemmed from further investigation of a Trump/CNN RT and how that could've been spinned on them. They didn't consider that trying to intimidate somebody in a public article by threatening to release personal info would look or how the hell it'd even be used to intimidate others from posting similar content.

They wouldn't even have been in this big of a situation if they either directly identified him in a story or even just kept that line out.

All of this could be completely avoided if CNN didn't act like imbeciles, meanwhile bringing the credibility of others down with them.

Would you get upset if your local news did an expose on a private citizen that was distributing bumper stickers advocating to kill all Muslims or celebrate the death of black people at the hands of the police?

I will say again that I think CNN did a particularly awful job of contextualizing both what the actual behavior was that prompted their reaction and their  justification process for both being willing to identify the culprit and why they did not, but I do not fundamentally find anything immoral, unethical, or inapproriate for a news outlet to investigate a matter like this and report their findings.

And who knows if they considered the retaliation or not, i'm not sure that really matters, at least not as a justification for burying their investigation. That reads almost counter-intuitive tbh. You uncover evidence of a repeated history of racist and advocacy for violence against minority groups and out of fear of retaliation from said group, you bury your stories indefinitely? Sounds like something, not sure I would call it journalism.

Sausage

« Reply #7207 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
This is a whole lotta outrage for somebody who hasn't actually been doxxed yet

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7208 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
It may have worked because he may be a 15 year old kid who got easily spooked, which brings in a whole new set of legal issues for CNN if they were threatening to expose the identity of a minor and endanger him.
I love that you become a fuckin legal scholar whenever the news rubs your pussy feathers the wrong way

lmfao @ the pearl clutching over this "this is scary" hahahahaha

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7209 on: July 05, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
THUG JOURNALISM: CNN Threatens To Reveal Identity Of Reddit Man Who Made Trump-CNN Bodyslam Meme If He Disobeys Them
Dumb, funny, ridiculous.

Par for the course.

It was difficult for CNN to find a way to screw up the story. Here was President Trump tweeting out juvenile insults at them. All they had to do was scoff and point out that Trump is the president, not some 4chan s***poster. This was a gimme.

They blew the putt.

First, they claimed that the gif was an actual threat of violence — or at the very least, would prompt violence from Trump supporters. This comes shortly after a Bernie Sanders-supporting, Trump-hating leftist attempted to assassinate dozens of Republican congresspeople, and CNN insisted — rightly! — that left-wing rhetoric wasn’t responsible for nut jobs committing evil crimes. But that logic went directly out the window when CNN saw an opportunity to pounce on Trump.

Then it got worse.
That’s essentially blackmail. That’s CNN stating that it will out the guy if he dares to defy their political perspective or offends them sufficiently.

The whole story is frightening, and obviously an attempt to both nail Trump and discourage people from smacking CNN. Here’s the thing: the story here isn’t the guy who made the meme. It’s the president who tweeted it. Do we really want to establish a rule wherein every piece of information distributed now becomes suspect subject to the other, unrelated work of the source? That’s a pretty dangerous rule. Trump’s tweet was unpresidential and ridiculous. It wasn’t anti-Semitic or racist. What do the other anti-Semitic or racist memes made by the guy who made the CNN logo meme have to do with anything? And if this fellow’s other material is so newsworthy, wouldn’t CNN have an obligation to publicize his identity? Why would an apology cause CNN to hide his identity? The obvious implication is that CNN was happy to hide the guy’s identity so long as he followed their recommended playbook.

CNN has accomplished the Houdini-esque feat of turning itself into the villain after President Trump tweeted a gif of himself body-slamming the CNN logo and punching it. This should demonstrate once again that Trump isn’t ruining CNN — CNN is so obsessed with Trump that it’s busily ruining whatever is left of its credibility.
REKT
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Deapster • 11 hours ago
Good time to re-read the entire Declaration of Independence document and see how they define arbitrary and capricious tyranny.

It has major relevance today; just substitute CNN for King George.
3 hours ago
The most chilling - actually Stalinist or Nazi, choose your favorite variety of totalitarianism - are these CNN words frrm their blackmail note:

"should any of that change"

The only thing from the text preceding it:

"he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.'

that can be relevant here - because it is the only thing making promise for the future - is

"he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again".

So CNN is actually saying "we are going to IP follow and monitor you forever and you better behave or we'll come after you and send the entire SJW social media zoo your way"

CNN people are scum and need to be destroyed,

John Babcock  • 10 hours ago
It is a kid a 15 year old kid...Make sure we all post on twitter and face book and call our congress men and women and ask them what they plan on doing bout cnn threatening a private citizen with black mail. Ive already tagged POTUS AND FBI on twitter. and tomorrow ill be righting my senator who happens to be Schumer
[close]
[close]

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7210 on: July 05, 2017, 12:41:18 PM »
jesus christ
püp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7211 on: July 05, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
I didn't even know etoilate was 15 y/o, why are those redditors doxxing him like that?
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7212 on: July 05, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »
lol @ alt-right redditors clutching pearls over a "poor innocent child" being threatened with having his mom read his online posts :heh

So much for the party of personal responsibility. :doge
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #7213 on: July 05, 2017, 01:27:26 PM »
I'm just in love with the fuckery of this alt-right poster child being an actual child.
___

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #7214 on: July 05, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »

Random aside: my brother, who is a high school teacher at the moment, said there's a handful of these "alt-right kids" in some of his classes. :doge
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7215 on: July 05, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »
Kid: Hey, mom, I just wanted to tell you...I'm alt-right.

Mom: That's nice, honey, I'm alright, too.

Kid: Oh wow, really?! Wait until I tell all my friends online!

Mom: Uh...okay?
dog

Nola

« Reply #7216 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/07/05/the-reddit-user-behind-trumps-cnn-meme-apologized-but-cnnblackmail-is-the-story-taking-hold/?utm_term=.6f5d9c4642fd

The reference to the Redditor’s age comes from a tantalizing but extremely unconfirmed detail that began to attach itself to the meme as it spread. Was the user a 15-year-old kid, as many posts on the #CNNBlackmail hashtag repeat as fact? Even though CNN, and screenshots of the user’s own Reddit history seem to contradict this, indicating that the user is significantly older, the notion that CNN had just threatened to doxx a minor was extremely shareable among Trump supporters, including one of the president’s own sons:

The overall analysis is really on point - maybe not quite to the level of The Daily Wire's potent reporting -  but I just think it is a bit interesting how the group that gets so triggered about "fake news" and the "lies of the media" seem to always be the ones struggling with falling down the rabbit hole of actual fake news and false narratives.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:01:59 PM by Nola »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| CNN OPPO DROPPO
« Reply #7217 on: July 05, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
Of course the shitlords are upset, they think they can fuck with people with impunity. Any blow back or defense against them is a violation of their trump given rights.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7218 on: July 05, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »
Of course the shitlords are upset, they think they can fuck with people with impunity. Any blow back or defense against them is a violation of their trump given rights.

Like, on the one hand they're right- it's just a stupid f'n gif someone made for the lulz (ignoring the fact that the person that made it said a bunch of racist shit elsewhere, for the moment)

But on the other hand, these fucking morons don't live in the real world where a congressional candidate assaulted a reporter the day before his election AND STILL WON. They don't recognize that words and jokes can directly lead to actions with real life consequences... because they have no real lives.

But I'm sure etoilet will tell us all what to really think.
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Oblivion

« Reply #7220 on: July 05, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"

look at this virtue signaling  :yuck

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7221 on: July 05, 2017, 03:32:39 PM »
manly firmness

:jeanluc
rub

etiolate

« Reply #7222 on: July 05, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
It may have worked because he may be a 15 year old kid who got easily spooked, which brings in a whole new set of legal issues for CNN if they were threatening to expose the identity of a minor and endanger him.
I love that you become a fuckin legal scholar whenever the news rubs your pussy feathers the wrong way

You simply don't understand the world. There is nothing exaggerated about seeing a major media power threatening to doxx those that mock it as ethically and morally wrong. There may be legal lines that they've crossed as well.

If "but he said racist stuff online" is your justification then you've probably crossed that line yourself, which isn't surprising. This place has long been home to people of questionable character.

I hope you aren't at all surprised that this is escalating, because that shouldn't surprise you either.  I expect people to understand the nature of this sort of thing by now. CNN just put itself against the internet. You don't do that. Even Wikileaks is on their ass right now.

Tasty

« Reply #7223 on: July 05, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Random aside: my brother, who is a high school teacher at the moment, said there's a handful of these "alt-right kids" in some of his classes. :doge
[close]

Edgelord internet contrarians who do things for shits and giggles / reactions / lulz have been around since 4chan got popular. Alt-right is the new "taboo" thing so it's no wonder a good chunk of teenage boys are flocking to it these days.

FatalT

« Reply #7224 on: July 05, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »

[close]

Edgelord internet contrarians who do things for shits and giggles / reactions / lulz have been around since 4chan got popular. Alt-right is the new "taboo" thing so it's no wonder a good chunk of teenage boys are flocking to it these days.

That edgelord is a guardian of the galaxy though.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7225 on: July 05, 2017, 05:00:43 PM »
When etoilet tells other people they "simply don't understand the world"

yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7226 on: July 05, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »
I don't know how much you know about the world [I'm an expert]...something something CNN just shot themselves in the foot.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7227 on: July 05, 2017, 05:19:59 PM »
"Guys, let me tell you why a crazy situation with literally dozens of contributing factors can be summed up with the warning I gave you years ago about needing to listen to insecure sperglord manchildren that hate women and value ethics in videogame journalism. I'm driving the conversation, here."
yar

etiolate

« Reply #7228 on: July 05, 2017, 05:24:15 PM »
thank you triumph for reminding me how beneath me y'all are so I don't waste my time treating you like salvageable goods

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7229 on: July 05, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »
You can literally leave at any given time. We can get the same effect of you posting here by "browsing" r/pol or r/thedonald. You contribute less than nothing and the worst part of it all is that you think you do and are far smarter than you actually are.
yar

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #7230 on: July 05, 2017, 05:26:16 PM »
and yet you post...
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Nola

« Reply #7232 on: July 05, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »

You simply don't understand the world. There is nothing exaggerated about seeing a major media power threatening to doxx those that mock it as ethically and morally wrong. There may be legal lines that they've crossed as well.

If "but he said racist stuff online" is your justification then you've probably crossed that line yourself, which isn't surprising. This place has long been home to people of questionable character.

I hope you aren't at all surprised that this is escalating, because that shouldn't surprise you either.  I expect people to understand the nature of this sort of thing by now. CNN just put itself against the internet. You don't do that. Even Wikileaks is on their ass right now.

The racism and advocation of violence towards minorities is not the issue guys, its whatevs, it's those dirty journalists that show up in my safe space with the audacity to not actually tell anyone who was in there.

I mean, what is that like a threat or something? Someone should alert the authorities while I go doxx and harass the friends and family of the employees. Norms and laws need to be respected!!

We can't be letting "Fake News" waste time on investigating wrestling GIF's and Trump forums that innocently advocate genocide and celebrate bodyslamming reporters, while they ignore the real stories ...Did you hear that guy on 4chan said the person was 15? How come the left wing media won't report that? Someone needs to quickly write a ton of articles about how CNN deliberately targeted and threatened a 15 year old kid for simply posting wrestling GIFs. Get the truth out there!

#NOMOREFAKENEWS, #FNN, #SETHRICH

FunSlower

« Reply #7233 on: July 05, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
I don't think there's been any other pro wrasslin jiff that's been as popular, so there's that

go wrestling

etiolate

« Reply #7234 on: July 05, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »
I am sure that hat sales at liquor stores are skyrocketing

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7235 on: July 05, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
CNN just put itself against the internet. You don't do that. Even Wikileaks is on their ass right now.

They targeted gamers. Gamers.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #7236 on: July 05, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
Even Wikileaks is on their ass right now.

:dead

CNN better watch out or they'll have Kim Dotcom to answer to

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7238 on: July 05, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »
thank you triumph for reminding me how beneath me y'all are so I don't waste my time treating you like salvageable goods

Triumph :bow2

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7239 on: July 05, 2017, 08:32:52 PM »
Is there anything more "first as tragedy, then as farce" than the new Horst Wessel being a Reddit user named HanAssholeSolo?

El Babua

« Reply #7240 on: July 05, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
Pretty funny at the things "the internet" chooses to be morally outraged by.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7241 on: July 05, 2017, 08:57:46 PM »
Pretty funny at the things "the internet" chooses to be morally outraged by.

Also, etoilet
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7242 on: July 05, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
When even Brianna Wu thinks you fucked up

Conversely, you agree with Brianna Wu.

:kobeyuck

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #7243 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:16 PM »
QED

Oblivion

« Reply #7244 on: July 06, 2017, 12:15:10 AM »
Lost in all this hoopla is the fact that this all started because the head of our government was pissed off at a media outlet for negatively reporting on him.

You'd think something like that would be a tad bit more worrisome to the freeze peach crowd than the non-doxxing of some random message board poster.

etiolate

« Reply #7245 on: July 06, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »
Many have accepted that Trump is Shitposter in Chief. That is the actual worry, that he's more prolific as a troll than at getting any real reform done.  You expect the commander to not have time for trolling CNN.

However, his trolls don't impact free expression. They mock CNN and CNN does most of the damage to CNN. (Such as how they handled this.) In a reality where its dangerous to question Trump then his CNN troll would matter to free speech, but reality is that its not dangerous to criticize Trump and its often encouraged by many to criticize Trump.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7246 on: July 06, 2017, 12:39:38 AM »
When even Brianna Wu thinks you fucked up

Conversely, you agree with Brianna Wu.

:kobeyuck
Even The Liberal Wu Republic...

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7247 on: July 06, 2017, 01:31:21 AM »
I'm going to throw in my 2 cents because of a response and not spend anymore time on this stupid situation.

Also in my first post when I mentioned a line about "a minor" I hadn't even read any of the other posts and was just referencing if a minor was caught/it was spinned that this person could be a minor it would ensue backlash. And guess what, that shit hit the general public. :doge
Would you get upset if your local news did an expose on a private citizen that was distributing bumper stickers advocating to kill all Muslims or celebrate the death of black people at the hands of the police?
Of course not, I'd hope they'd get arrested for hate crimes. I can only imagine this is a "gotcha" if you think I'm either a racist or a moron tied down to some dumb ideologue. Either way, a pretty damn stupid line.

I will say again that I think CNN did a particularly awful job of contextualizing both what the actual behavior was that prompted their reaction and their  justification process for both being willing to identify the culprit and why they did not,
Then why even quote me if that's the main point of my posts?

but I do not fundamentally find anything immoral, unethical, or inapproriate for a news outlet to investigate a matter like this and report their findings. And who knows if they considered the retaliation or not, i'm not sure that really matters...
CNN is an international news outlet, they always need to consider how their actions affect the national political landscape.

This situation becomes wholly inappropriate with how they handled it, because dumb mistakes and posturing has a wave of reaching the public and influencing them. It's the same reason why people on the left/right have been trashing CNN's reporting for years pre-Trump.

CNN loves to follow serious shit like it's entertainment show.CNN fails to ever take a hard stance on their reporting and always goes for the softball bullshit that leaves plausible deniability for terrible shit that goes on all the time.

This time they did it by injecting themselves into the story by making an article about how they "tracked down the meme maker" and how they directly expressed their right to release their personal identity.

Ok, so what wrong with that? One, the entire premise of their story is that they found a gif that they didn't like about them and used their resources to see how terrible the rabbit hole was and later going out to find the identity the prick. Then they express their rights to release his info, as if they needed to as a news outlet, instead of just naming the person and moving on like every other respectable news outlet. Instead, by directly inserting themselves into the story, they let everyone know that should any of his apology change that they should release info. But what the fuck's the point of just publicly posturing like that, what do you gain from that? Instead you're literally batsignaling vigilante internet cunts to follow through with this information in the event they don't like what this shitposter does next.

How about being a respectable outlet and just publishing the info as a result of investigating and gathering information? What is this posturing that ultimately led into this backlash to the general public and further scrutiny of news sources?

And who knows if they considered the retaliation or not, i'm not sure that really matters, at least not as a justification for burying their investigation. That reads almost counter-intuitive tbh.
Again, it's not about "burying" information. The way CNN handled it is the problem. And guess what, if CNN decided not to send resources to investigate a fucking dumb meme maker they got mad over they wouldn't even have been in this mess.

Instead an INTERNATIONAL NEWS SOURCE is making a top headline about how they pursued a random meme maker (which the title of the article is focusing on), how he was found to share racist image macros/terrible posts, and included a masturbatory line at the end purely to show their dick. All of this focus, attention, and articles on just some random racist prick that posted a CNN meme when they don't have been under fire for not properly pursuing or covering some of Trump's most terrible decisions.

But why? Because this shit has generated a few articles and a ton of clicks for them, it's just the latest story in the entertainment cycle. They needed to inject themselves directly as an active player into the story as opposed to just identifying them passively. They wouldn't have gotten what they wanted otherwise, because their vested interest doesn't lie in actually exposing him.

You uncover evidence of a repeated history of racist and advocacy for violence against minority groups and out of fear of retaliation from said group, you bury your stories indefinitely? Sounds like something, not sure I would call it journalism.
Again, CNN doesn't give a damn about that in this case. The actions they took in this story show they don't care about exposing them. I actually think it's laughable if you truly believe CNN, of all places, is putting somebody on spotlight because they think the racist image macros they share are a detriment to society. That they'd be burying their heads in the sand to not put up this "hard-hitting" piece.

This is being directly manipulated as just another entertainment article that CNN became a direct player in purely for the $. If they actually cared they would have already posted his info.

The racism and advocation of violence towards minorities is not the issue guys, its whatevs, it's those dirty journalists that show up in my safe space with the audacity to not actually tell anyone who was in there.

I mean, what is that like a threat or something? Someone should alert the authorities while I go doxx and harass the friends and family of the employees. Norms and laws need to be respected!!

We can't be letting "Fake News" waste time on investigating wrestling GIF's and Trump forums that innocently advocate genocide and celebrate bodyslamming reporters, while they ignore the real stories ...Did you hear that guy on 4chan said the person was 15? How come the left wing media won't report that? Someone needs to quickly write a ton of articles about how CNN deliberately targeted and threatened a 15 year old kid for simply posting wrestling GIFs. Get the truth out there!

#NOMOREFAKENEWS, #FNN, #SETHRICH
Not even touching this spastic post.
[close]
I watched this early this morning and thought it was relevant.

Now to drown myself in more alcohol to forget that I spent so much time/words on this trash.
I saw this on r/cyberpunk of all places

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/comments/6lda86/cnn_threatens_to_dox_redditor_who_made_cnn/

Brehvolution

« Reply #7248 on: July 06, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/07/05/hobby-lobby-fined-3-million-over-artifacts-smuggled-from-iraq/

Sincerely religious owners of craft store lied to customs for 4 years buying ancient artifacts from possibly ISIS.

The Oklahoma-based company bought more than 5,500 artifacts for $1.6 million in December 2010 from an unidentified dealer in an acquisition prosecutors said was “fraught with red flags.” According to the complaint, Hobby Lobby got conflicting information about where the artifacts had been stored and never met or communicated with the dealer selling them. When it came time to pay, the company wired money to seven separate bank accounts.

uh huh
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7249 on: July 06, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »
At least that $3 Million in fines won't be used to pay for birth control (whore pills), tho.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7250 on: July 06, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
What Would Jesus Do? :thinking
dog

Oblivion

« Reply #7251 on: July 06, 2017, 05:14:46 PM »
Many have accepted that Trump is Shitposter in Chief. That is the actual worry, that he's more prolific as a troll than at getting any real reform done.  You expect the commander to not have time for trolling CNN.

However, his trolls don't impact free expression. They mock CNN and CNN does most of the damage to CNN. (Such as how they handled this.) In a reality where its dangerous to question Trump then his CNN troll would matter to free speech, but reality is that its not dangerous to criticize Trump and its often encouraged by many to criticize Trump.

Does this seem at all concerning to you?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/white-house-if-cnn-bashes-trump-trump-may-block-merger.html

Nola

« Reply #7252 on: July 06, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »

Speaking at a coal-fired power plant in Maidsville, W.Va. on Thursday, Energy Secretary Rick Perry made a strange argument about supply and demand, seeming to confuse the relationship between two of the essential forces in the economy.

"Here's a little economics lesson: supply and demand," Perry said, according to Taylor Kuykendall of Standard and Poor's. "You put the supply out there, and demand will follow."

:what

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7253 on: July 06, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/white-house-if-cnn-bashes-trump-trump-may-block-merger.html

Standard etoilet response to things that don't rustle his particular jimmies:

yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7254 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
supply-side economics :lawd
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7255 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »

Speaking at a coal-fired power plant in Maidsville, W.Va. on Thursday, Energy Secretary Rick Perry made a strange argument about supply and demand, seeming to confuse the relationship between two of the essential forces in the economy.

"Here's a little economics lesson: supply and demand," Perry said, according to Taylor Kuykendall of Standard and Poor's. "You put the supply out there, and demand will follow."

Have you heard the gospel of our lord and saviour, Supply Side Jesus?  :money

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7256 on: July 06, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
He's of course phrasing it in a reductionist and dogmatic way but... supply driving demand (or supply side economics) seems like a fairly widespread theory and something worthy of consideration in any of those debates ?
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7257 on: July 06, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »

Yeah, I saw that. If real then it's a problem.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7258 on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »

Whoa, whoa whoa. The ONLY place that EVER holds true is healthcare. In fact, that's why healthcare is so messed up in America because the businesses all know this, but everyone else keeps thinking it's just like any other business. How else can a county in Utah have more MRIs performed than all of Canada?
que

Nola

« Reply #7259 on: July 06, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
He's of course phrasing it in a reductionist and dogmatic way but... supply driving demand (or supply side economics) seems like a fairly widespread theory and something worthy of consideration in any of those debates ?
He's not exactly advocating Supply Side though. Easing restrictions(or lowering taxes) aimed to promote investments in capital and eliminating barriers of production.

He's just kinda taking his daytime viewing of A Field Of Dreams and thinking it will work for coal somehow. If you mine it they will come.

Thats not really how this works lol. Coals main problem is that it can't compete with cheaper alternatives. Natural gas is just beating the shit out of them in most places. And exporting coal is not what it once was either(doesnt help Trump is kindling trade wars that put coal exported through places like Canada in the crosshairs). They can produce all they want but they will just burn through operating money and have coal sitting on shelfs(or wherever the fuck you store excess coal).

Though I think I found the problem:

:trumps
[close]