Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1413087 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #13680 on: May 05, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »
congrats on the sex

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13681 on: May 05, 2020, 06:57:31 PM »
Eh... more like I've never really been in a relationship where that was an issue lol

I figured that might be what it was;  just.. wouldn't be personally interested in having sex with someone if it made them uncomfortable.  And if someone wasn't into something I was really into, well I likely wouldn't continue a relationship lol

Not everyone has reached your level, king.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13682 on: May 05, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »
missionary is better anyway
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #13683 on: May 07, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
this damn pandemic is pretty rough to deal with. haven't seen my gf since like mid march. which is already bad enough, but now we're barely talking to each other (she'll respond to my texts several DAYS after i send them). i mean, i get it. her dad is immunocompromised cause of the cancer, and she's being extra cautious, so that's totally fine. but i'm really not liking the severe lack of responses.  :doge

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #13684 on: May 07, 2020, 10:41:04 AM »
this damn pandemic is pretty rough to deal with. haven't seen my gf since like mid march. which is already bad enough, but now we're barely talking to each other (she'll respond to my texts several DAYS after i send them). i mean, i get it. her dad is immunocompromised cause of the cancer, and she's being extra cautious, so that's totally fine. but i'm really not liking the severe lack of responses.  :doge

She's probably just stressed as fuck dude, just let her have her space and chill, I'm sure she still loves you, your dick and not anime.

Plus your relationship has been going a while now so if she isn't being super needy great, means she trusts you and is comfortable and is worrying about other shit,

Worst case maybe suggest a zoom date and order food for the pair of you to eat on cam like a dinner party or some shit.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13685 on: May 07, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »

Yeah that's doesn't sound good. Maybe try have a (video) call ? I'm not a big fan but that's the only crutch we have in those times of social starvation.
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #13686 on: May 07, 2020, 11:02:19 AM »

She's probably just stressed as fuck dude, just let her have her space and chill, I'm sure she still loves you, your dick and not anime.

Plus your relationship has been going a while now so if she isn't being super needy great, means she trusts you and is comfortable and is worrying about other shit,

Worst case maybe suggest a zoom date and order food for the pair of you to eat on cam like a dinner party or some shit.

hey i'm not saying she's wrong to be thinking about other things! im not trying to be selfish here, i just worry if we're drifting apart.

Yeah that's doesn't sound good. Maybe try have a (video) call ? I'm not a big fan but that's the only crutch we have in those times of social starvation.

well at the very least when she does eventually respond, we actually talk on the phone for a while, so there's that. but yeah we've been planning on doing a zoom session or something for some time.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13687 on: May 07, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »
Try to have that video call, it sounds you would be both glad to see each other.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13688 on: May 07, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »
She’s boning her dad, breh. Sorry  :idont
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13689 on: May 07, 2020, 04:29:26 PM »
I'm working at the right place this month. She'll keep me posted when she knows when her department restart post-lockdown.
 :vr

It's on.
 :bluesteel

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's probably going down in flames with "Fancy a drink some time ?" "Sorry, no." when all is said and done.

:doge
[close]
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13690 on: May 08, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »

:pimp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #13691 on: May 08, 2020, 02:04:31 PM »
and now patrice is dead, o&a broke up, and stupid vos and bonnie are still going strong :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13692 on: May 08, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »
"she played one of the ho's on..."

"she was a method actress" :lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #13693 on: May 09, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
My wife keeps sending me post-workout sweaty booty shots  >:( :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13694 on: May 11, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »
Said to my colleague I was up to have a drink anytime she would want to. It didn't kill the mood instantly (small victories).
It's her move to make now.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13695 on: May 11, 2020, 01:25:06 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13696 on: May 11, 2020, 05:46:26 PM »
Deleted Tinder again. Wasn't going anywhere, it never does. Keeping OKCupid, for all its flaws it's still where I had the most (modest) success. Hoping I won't need it for a while.

Forced celibacy for cause of lockdown was easy to put up with, not much else to do than accept it... It helped I had someone to look forward to. But now it really starts to tingle. :lol Quality time after such a slow burn would be really great.

Can't put the two to tango cart before the horse, but I'm just glad I was able to be straightforward. I'm not the smoothest guy and I'm sure I could have cut that chase a lot earlier, but that's the less awkward proposition I've done in a long time. Just hope she won't get uneasy with me if she's not interested but there's nothing to do besides being gracious if it happens. I suspect she's too impeccably social and polite for that and I can do it just fine.

It's weirdly liberating to have no idea if she's interested or not. Bending your brain into bretzels over this is the worst.

Never too late to learn, I suppose.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:01:03 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13697 on: May 11, 2020, 06:35:30 PM »
My wife keeps sending me post-workout sweaty booty shots  >:( :(
:drool

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13699 on: May 12, 2020, 03:16:40 AM »
I'm not shunned.  :preach

Begun, the waiting game has. :vr
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13700 on: May 12, 2020, 11:35:07 PM »
Watching a good friend throw away a four year relationship several months before the wedding because he doesn't want kids :stahp

I was talking to him about it but I think I may have come across as too judgmental. I know that not having kids is a perfectly valid choice but I also don't want him to convince himself he doesn't want it because he's "afraid of the responsibility", which is a common theme in his life.

edit: sent him an apology saying I support his choices and I know that he's probably thought about it at length already. it's just, fuck, what a fucking curve ball to throw at somebody
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:50:12 PM by hhkcvaoitsso »
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13701 on: May 13, 2020, 12:36:57 AM »
Better than doing that a year AFTER getting married.

Yeah. I never felt the urge to want kids probably because I'm a jaded decadent egotistical urbanite (I don't really want the responsibility as you said) and my partners were along the same line. It's possible I could be persuaded by the right person, perhaps. This is maybe the hugest commitment you can ask and equivocating about it while being lukewarm and reluctant sounds like a recipe for disaster where one (or both) parent(s) can end up bitter and jaded that their life was ruined.

I know parenthood is often said to be transformative and -judging from society- will turn OK-ish more often than not, but I'd rather be a manchild than a shit dad.

Men have this on easy mode because provided you're fertile you can still make that choice much later than most women.
ὕβρις

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #13702 on: May 13, 2020, 02:04:19 AM »
Anyone can be a parent. Hell, most can get away with being a bad parent.

But how do you go four years in a relationship without discussing whether to have kids?

shosta

« Reply #13703 on: May 13, 2020, 02:07:01 AM »
They did. He changed his mind recently.
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #13704 on: May 13, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »
They did. He changed his mind recently.
Recently? Wonder if the pandemic changed his outlook or unearthed some anxiety shit. I bring it up as I have some family that are not handling this well; food for thought. Unless he’s already tossed this relationship in the bin with no hope of recovery it might be worth counseling/exploring.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #13705 on: May 13, 2020, 02:39:58 AM »
It wasn't the pandemic, he was depressed because he hates his civil engineering job and then he and his gf started having issues over some of his core personality traits (not goal oriented, unmotivated, kind of a slob at home) so he's just been trying to figure a lot out lately.

If he really doesn't want kids, I can accept that, it's just that I care about this guy a lot and this relationship has been an extremely high point in his life and the last thing I want is for him to end up suicidal again and not have a significant other to help him not feel completely alienated and alone. All because he was confronted with an opportunity for growth but chose the most radical option instead of really trying something difficult.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:44:41 AM by hhkcvaoitsso »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #13706 on: May 13, 2020, 02:50:11 AM »
you can't control other people and either he can change and be happy or he fundamentally can't change and then he should try to live his life the way that he wants to live it. either way it's not my place to try to intervene.
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #13707 on: May 13, 2020, 05:23:54 AM »
:piss breeders :piss2

nudemacusers

« Reply #13708 on: May 13, 2020, 06:22:16 AM »
Breeding :larry

Engorged, milk-filled breeder titties :rash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Oblivion

« Reply #13709 on: May 13, 2020, 07:16:55 PM »

literally the only positive side to having kids :rejoice

bluemax

« Reply #13710 on: May 13, 2020, 09:46:58 PM »
My ex was an antinatalist, which is like next level of being child free. I'm old enough to where having kids at this point just feels like too much, I am okay with being the cool uncle or whatever. That and I don't want to pass on any of my mental health issues to anyone.
NO

Tasty

« Reply #13711 on: May 13, 2020, 10:00:25 PM »

Especially knowing 1. how much you bang and 2. how many kids your wife is popping out on a constant basis -- you're surely speaking from real tiddy-milk-drinking experience here 

Tasty

« Reply #13712 on: May 13, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »
Tits are basically giant zit bags

Sorry ladies

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13713 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:15 PM »
same ones say titties gross, same ones get hard when kylo ren showed his big fat boobs  :pimp

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #13715 on: May 14, 2020, 12:08:23 AM »
It wasn't the pandemic, he was depressed because he hates his civil engineering job and then he and his gf started having issues over some of his core personality traits (not goal oriented, unmotivated, kind of a slob at home) so he's just been trying to figure a lot out lately.

If he really doesn't want kids, I can accept that, it's just that I care about this guy a lot and this relationship has been an extremely high point in his life and the last thing I want is for him to end up suicidal again and not have a significant other to help him not feel completely alienated and alone. All because he was confronted with an opportunity for growth but chose the most radical option instead of really trying something difficult.
I think he's worried that if he gets completely settled into a particular career or relationship, then he'll lose touch with his friends and support network that he's had so far.

That's just what my instinct is telling me what with making sudden changes in life plans and not communicating that to anyone ahead of time.

My ex was an antinatalist, which is like next level of being child free. I'm old enough to where having kids at this point just feels like too much, I am okay with being the cool uncle or whatever. That and I don't want to pass on any of my mental health issues to anyone.

Read that as antianalist.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #13716 on: May 14, 2020, 05:28:44 AM »
I don’t post in this thread much (and haven’t been posting much on this site lately, mostly because I’ve been having health issues.) Anyway, I’ve been having some trouble in my relationship recently and just wanted to get some advice.

I picked up a side hustle because the virus has greatly reduced my income at work. Spouse has been very supportive of me and my health issues, but she doesn’t know about this side hustle and I’d prefer if she didn’t find out. Our relationship could be ruined by it (it’s not exactly legal) but I just think the extra income is absolutely necessary right now, so I’ve been sneaking around her back to do it. I do it because I love her and know we need money right now. I’ve made up excuses as to where I’m going to cover it up, and it seems like she’s been believing everything so far.

A few days ago, I was chilling with her when my cell went off (the cell for my side hustle, which she has no idea I own). I don’t answer and play it off, hoping she doesn’t make much of it. After that, I had to leave home for my side hustle, and I thought I’d come back at a normal time later that day, but I ran into some trouble at work and was gone for longer than I anticipated. SO had no way of reaching out to me during this time. Meanwhile, she’s trying to figure out where I’m at, and she gets her brother-in-law (who works for the DEA) to check my call logs to see if there’s anyway of finding out where I went or who called me earlier that day.

To avoid getting into hot water, I was able to play my absence off as part of this sickness that I’m going through. Something like a fugue state. Went to the hospital and the doctors even believed it. She’s relieved to be reunited with me, but mentions that she heard my phone ring and that the phone logs don’t back that up, so I must have a second phone. I respond by saying “what you heard earlier wasn’t my ringtone, but my alarm going off to remind me to take my medicine.” It seemed like a perfectly reasonable response, and she doesn’t call me a liar or anything like that, but that same day I notice she’s giving me the cold shoulder. She’s clearly upset but won’t address it. It’s been like this for a few days now.

I kinda just feel like—why don’t you just tell me how you’re feeling so we could hash it out? If you think I’m lying, just say I’m lying. If not, then tell me how what’s going on.

So anyway, do you guys think she’s a bitch too?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13717 on: May 14, 2020, 05:47:20 AM »
Try breaking bread.

El Babua

« Reply #13718 on: May 14, 2020, 06:02:59 AM »
Should've just got a job at the dick sucking factory.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #13719 on: May 14, 2020, 06:10:09 AM »
Should've just got a job at the dick sucking factory.

I heard you need a referral. Do you think your mom could put in a good word for me?

El Babua

« Reply #13720 on: May 14, 2020, 06:28:25 AM »
She said you have to link them to a video demonstrating your skills, preferably in this thread.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13721 on: May 14, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »
You’re keeping a secret and now think she’s a bitch for being suspicious? Grow up, dude

Edit: just saw the breaking bad thread ::)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:54:55 AM by CatsCatsCats »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #13723 on: May 14, 2020, 10:46:49 AM »
I don’t post in this thread much (and haven’t been posting much on this site lately, mostly because I’ve been having health issues.) Anyway, I’ve been having some trouble in my relationship recently and just wanted to get some advice.

I picked up a side hustle because the virus has greatly reduced my income at work. Spouse has been very supportive of me and my health issues, but she doesn’t know about this side hustle and I’d prefer if she didn’t find out. Our relationship could be ruined by it (it’s not exactly legal) but I just think the extra income is absolutely necessary right now, so I’ve been sneaking around her back to do it. I do it because I love her and know we need money right now. I’ve made up excuses as to where I’m going to cover it up, and it seems like she’s been believing everything so far.

A few days ago, I was chilling with her when my cell went off (the cell for my side hustle, which she has no idea I own). I don’t answer and play it off, hoping she doesn’t make much of it. After that, I had to leave home for my side hustle, and I thought I’d come back at a normal time later that day, but I ran into some trouble at work and was gone for longer than I anticipated. SO had no way of reaching out to me during this time. Meanwhile, she’s trying to figure out where I’m at, and she gets her brother-in-law (who works for the DEA) to check my call logs to see if there’s anyway of finding out where I went or who called me earlier that day.

To avoid getting into hot water, I was able to play my absence off as part of this sickness that I’m going through. Something like a fugue state. Went to the hospital and the doctors even believed it. She’s relieved to be reunited with me, but mentions that she heard my phone ring and that the phone logs don’t back that up, so I must have a second phone. I respond by saying “what you heard earlier wasn’t my ringtone, but my alarm going off to remind me to take my medicine.” It seemed like a perfectly reasonable response, and she doesn’t call me a liar or anything like that, but that same day I notice she’s giving me the cold shoulder. She’s clearly upset but won’t address it. It’s been like this for a few days now.

I kinda just feel like—why don’t you just tell me how you’re feeling so we could hash it out? If you think I’m lying, just say I’m lying. If not, then tell me how what’s going on.

So anyway, do you guys think she’s a bitch too?

Nice copypasta - didn't read
fat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13724 on: May 14, 2020, 11:16:25 AM »
Sounded way too exciting for us normal boritos.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13725 on: May 14, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »
Well...

ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13726 on: May 14, 2020, 04:31:29 PM »
let yourself be excited about this person and show it
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13727 on: May 14, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »
let yourself be excited about this person and show it

Bless up for the advice.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13728 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:10 PM »
get dat asian pussy, king  :pimp

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13729 on: May 16, 2020, 02:27:11 AM »
Well that was a dud. Too bad.
We got super drunk in the sun and laughed. I'll have what I can take.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13730 on: May 16, 2020, 02:44:25 AM »
a dud  ::) that sounds amazing, bb  :-[

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13731 on: May 16, 2020, 02:48:33 AM »
a dud  ::) that sounds amazing, bb  :-[

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13733 on: May 17, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
Matched with a chatty one, guess the universe is providing somehow. We'll see. Keeps me busy for Sunday tho.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13734 on: May 17, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
Chatty one is socially conscious which is fine by me, I just was upfront I'm not an activist. It's a nice change of pace to be writing more long form messages (relative to messaging standards). Trying to steer the conversation on slightly less informal topics but still waiting a response on that. Either went to do other things in her life on a sunny Sunday and/or she is pacing the conversation. She said in her profile she's not glued to the app and she is obviously looking for not entirely shallow connections... I think she'd be the type to say if she was bothered. To be continued, perhaps.

Been shooting a few more messages into the ether.

There's nothing to pat oneself on the back for but honestly I feel I've made progress in approaching all this in an healthier, more pleasant way. I'll credit my most recent ex for that.

Feels good. Not as good as having sex but can't just decide on that one alone.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13735 on: May 17, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »
You voted for LFI, why are you trying to sabotage this by hedging on how left you are? :lol

Also, perhaps I'm misreading, but is there a reason you seem to be burying the coworker possibility? It sounds like you two had a nice date, although there might not have been enough flirting for your liking.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13736 on: May 17, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »
You voted for LFI, why are you trying to sabotage this by hedging on how left you are? :lol

:yeshrug
There's more to actual activism than just voting. At heart I'm a pampered Parisian paper tiger who is more enamored with intellectual wankery. No harm in being upfront about that with people who obviously put a lot of emphasis on this.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13737 on: May 17, 2020, 04:22:25 PM »
I agree with that, I just think a more successful strategy is emphasizing that, while you're not much of a participant, you guys are like-minded ideologically and you appreciate the things that she cares about more than superficially. Find similarities not differences etc. One of the best bar memories I have is letting a girl go nuts for two hours about prison reform.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13738 on: May 17, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »
Also, perhaps I'm misreading, but is there a reason you seem to be burying the coworker possibility? It sounds like you two had a nice date, although there might not have been enough flirting for your liking.

When I said it was a dud, it really meant that I said I fancied her a lot and that she's not free / not interested in that way. Too bad, because she's really great and a mean drinker to boot, but can't get more straightforward than that. I wouldn't mind her being a friend. That's life.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13739 on: May 17, 2020, 04:29:40 PM »
:goty2 sorry vom
每天生气