Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1412027 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #13740 on: May 17, 2020, 04:35:57 PM »
:goty2 sorry vom

No harm, no foul and mostly painless. Hopefully we'll stay cordial (not too worried about that) but that's the level I'll keep it at from now on.

As I said could have maybe cut that chase sooner but I needed to be in the right headspace and be delicate about it. No regrets, it's not like I closed any option in the meantime and I never assumed too much.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:40:14 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Cheddahz

« Reply #13741 on: May 17, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
when you've caught feelings for your fwb  :goty2

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13742 on: May 17, 2020, 04:50:46 PM »
Just an update from for anyone who cares. My wife is a nurse, so has been working but had always been home 4 days per week. I’ve been home first due to furlough but that’s now ended and it looks like I’ll be working from home permanently. This whole thing finally made my company come around to the idea. We got along great even with all the togetherness so we are both happy about it. I don’t actually care to work from home. It was always something I wanted us to do, but the reality wasn’t the same. But we are building a home office so hopefully that will change things rather than working on my laptop on the couch. So that’s exciting and we are happy to be spending even more time together.

I finally got to see the girlfriend when Texas began opening back up. I hadn’t seen her in 6 weeks and used to see her about 5 times a week. We didn’t used to talk much outside of that, but over the last year after my accident that picked up, but really took off through quarantine. Maybe it was me taking the whole thing and her for granted or denial, but I clearly enjoy and some level need her company and companionship. My wife and I had some talks about it because it is a big shift and we are all still good with it. And it was really nice to finally see her again. I honestly thought all of this might kill what we had, but it seems to have brought us all closer actually.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13743 on: May 17, 2020, 04:55:11 PM »
I agree with that, I just think a more successful strategy is emphasizing that, while you're not much of a participant, you guys are like-minded ideologically and you appreciate the things that she cares about more than superficially. Find similarities not differences etc. One of the best bar memories I have is letting a girl go nuts for two hours about prison reform.

I don't disagree but that's how the conversation started and text messaging has a flow of its own (where I don't excel at, but heh) that differs a bit from talking (or listening) over a drink. It wasn't just highlighting that bit, of course. Chatty one has a good vibe, I think. Let's see if that clicks enough we get to meet in person.
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #13744 on: May 17, 2020, 04:58:14 PM »
Just an update from for anyone who cares. My wife is a nurse, so has been working but had always been home 4 days per week. I’ve been home first due to furlough but that’s now ended and it looks like I’ll be working from home permanently. This whole thing finally made my company come around to the idea. We got along great even with all the togetherness so we are both happy about it. I don’t actually care to work from home. It was always something I wanted us to do, but the reality wasn’t the same. But we are building a home office so hopefully that will change things rather than working on my laptop on the couch. So that’s exciting and we are happy to be spending even more time together.

I finally got to see the girlfriend when Texas began opening back up. I hadn’t seen her in 6 weeks and used to see her about 5 times a week. We didn’t used to talk much outside of that, but over the last year after my accident that picked up, but really took off through quarantine. Maybe it was me taking the whole thing and her for granted or denial, but I clearly enjoy and some level need her company and companionship. My wife and I had some talks about it because it is a big shift and we are all still good with it. And it was really nice to finally see her again. I honestly thought all of this might kill what we had, but it seems to have brought us all closer actually.

Wife...girlfriend...hold on I'm lost and must have missed something. What's going on fam.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13745 on: May 17, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
He's got a wife and a girlfriend
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13746 on: May 17, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »
It's 2020.
ὕβρις

Cheddahz

« Reply #13747 on: May 17, 2020, 05:07:50 PM »
Not everyone still lives like it’s 1978 like you do PD

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13748 on: May 17, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »

:pimp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #13749 on: May 17, 2020, 05:46:06 PM »
"I got a wife on the side"  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13750 on: May 17, 2020, 05:49:58 PM »
"Got a main bitch (And?), got a mistress (What else?)
A couple girlfriends, I'm so hood-rich" :titus

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13751 on: May 17, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

Wife...girlfriend...hold on I'm lost and must have missed something. What's going on fam.
The wife has let me explore since sometime in 2011. I started posting about it here a couple of years ago. I’ve been “with” this girl since 2015.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #13752 on: May 17, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »
you usually see the side piece 5 times a week!  :o

that's often more than I'd see my #1 if we're not living together. mupepe got so much strength.
◕‿◕

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #13753 on: May 18, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »

The wife has let me explore since sometime in 2011. I started posting about it here a couple of years ago. I’ve been “with” this girl since 2015.

Does she get to explore too? Also how did you come to this arrangement. She suggested it, or you.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
would u be mad if she got a BBC  :doge
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13754 on: May 18, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »
Neither suggested it. It was dirty talk for a long time, but I made the first jump and asked her when an opportunity presented itself and she said yes. We were also seeing each other for 3 years prior to getting together but weren’t exclusive. So we were already used to each other sleeping with others. She can explore too and has off and on throughout the years. But she hasn’t done it nearly as much as I have. Like less than a dozen times probably. And hell no I wouldn’t mind. That’d be hot

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:20:44 PM by Mupepe »

shosta

« Reply #13755 on: May 18, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »
All these jokes over the years about mupepe fucking our girlfriends and - finally - someone here gets to fuck his wife :noah
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13756 on: May 18, 2020, 09:36:40 PM »
Neither suggested it. It was dirty talk for a long time, but I made the first jump and asked her when an opportunity presented itself and she said yes. We were also seeing each other for 3 years prior to getting together but weren’t exclusive. So we were already used to each other sleeping with others. She can explore too and has off and on throughout the years. But she hasn’t done it nearly as much as I have. Like less than a dozen times probably. And hell no I wouldn’t mind. That’d be hot
:mynicca

Cheddahz

« Reply #13757 on: May 18, 2020, 10:02:10 PM »
told fwb that i had caught feelings and she admitted she had too; probably should had known this was gonna happen (or that i was going to get hurt by it or whatever)

shosta

« Reply #13758 on: May 18, 2020, 10:03:04 PM »
that's a good thing, right? Just jump into the deep end
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #13759 on: May 18, 2020, 10:40:11 PM »
I live across from these two people who are frequently smoking on the patio together talking about life and philosophy and I want what they have
每天生气

Cheddahz

« Reply #13760 on: May 18, 2020, 10:43:53 PM »
that's a good thing, right? Just jump into the deep end
think i'm possibly afraid of jumping into the deep end. was in a messy relationship a few years ago and have been slowly working from it since the beginning of last year. i was seeing someone for a short period of time at the beginning of the year and it just didn't work out, as we didn't really click and i don't want the same outcome from this (though i do really enjoy hanging out with this person)

shosta

« Reply #13761 on: May 18, 2020, 10:54:01 PM »
In my opinion, the difference is that you two have already been testing the waters with each other and there's no issue with compatibility. Just let it blossom into whatever it is, and resist the urge to try to hold your feelings back which is the normal dynamic for a casual relationship.

And having a good relationship will help you never think about that messy one ever again. Bless up
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13762 on: May 19, 2020, 05:48:22 PM »
Chatty one not so chatty anymore. Thread cursed or something :lol

I've been catching myself speaking more liberally about this with friends though, I'm a lot less defensive. Just need to find the right one to make the next step.  :)
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13763 on: May 21, 2020, 06:26:56 AM »
Had a bit of a spleen attack last evening. Not so much the specific turndown (colleague is as pleasant as she was before) but more the lack of a concrete prospect in the immediate. I think I'd be a wreck if I wasn't in an intense platonic friendship with my latest ex though in those moments it's hard to repress some phony hopes linked to that in those down times. I've got those... Maybe less than half a dozen times in a year. They always fade by the next day, as it did.

Good times tonight and getting drinks with friends all along the month should sweeten that rash until I finally click with someone.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13764 on: May 21, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »
It says right on Wikipedia that it is possible to live without a spleen
每天生气

Cheddahz

« Reply #13765 on: May 21, 2020, 07:34:15 PM »
fwb and i talked last night and we've decided to jump into the deep end

Clockwork5

« Reply #13766 on: May 21, 2020, 09:16:12 PM »
fwb and i talked last night and we've decided to jump into the deep end
Almost every relationship I’ve been in was the result of jumping into the deep end with a fwb. Interestingly the dynamic shift resparks some of that initial excitement and the ambiguity disappears and things just kinda get a little more comfy.

Bebpo

« Reply #13767 on: May 25, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »
I thought that quarantine lockdown time was time to shine on OKC since I prefer long talks and getting to know people,

but man, I'm failing so hard at online dating right now. I thought this would be the one situation where people would be glad to write back and forth and not just chit chat little flirts, and I'm only even messaging people that like my profile and show an interest, but barely anyone messages back or every 24 hours they'll write a 5 word reply. Not much you can really do with a 5 word reply every 24 hours.

I just don't see the point of half-assed online dating messages right now. During normal times it can work where you barely write to each other with a little flirting and then after a day or two or three of that you say let's go on a date, and then in-person if you click you hook up, but since you can't meet in person and can't rely on that physical chemistry, in my mind the only reason to message back and forth on a dating site currently is to try to actually get to know someone. But it's just not happening for me.

Just making me depressed about dating/love and wanting to ignore this whole thing until Covid is done. It'd be really nice to connect with one person to chat regularly and not be so alone during all this, but it's just not happening.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #13768 on: May 25, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
My ratio of likes vs real convos has also increased, which is pointless yeah. It especially sucks for me since I have to put real effort into texting conversations compared to real life and now even the opportunity for texting is rare.

I think the reason is that people don't feel romantic during times of crisis. I think I read that there is usually a decrease in marriage/births during recessions for that reason.

Bebpo

« Reply #13769 on: May 25, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »
My ratio of likes vs real convos has also increased, which is pointless yeah. It especially sucks for me since I have to put real effort into texting conversations compared to real life and now even the opportunity for texting is rare.

I think the reason is that people don't feel romantic during times of crisis. I think I read that there is usually a decrease in marriage/births during recessions for that reason.

Yeah, I try to avoid conversations like "what are you up to? How was your day/week/saturday?" because no one is doing jack shit and it's not romantic to put people on the spot to talk about their boring day of work, eating and watching netflix.

Even talking about "how are you?" etc... is iffy because while some people would enjoy having an outlet to talk about how they feel with everything going on, a lot of people don't want to talk about covid-19 right now and their quarantine life because they get that enough every day and this should be an escapism from that. So gotta kinda judge it by the person/moment. Then again almost none of my conversations are getting this far anyhow.

I think people are just getting off to each other's profiles and no one wants to put the effort to talk right now.

But yeah, when this is over there's going to be a lot of single people who really want to date and will jump at the chance of meeting in person asap, so maybe it'll be a better dating field eventually.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13770 on: May 25, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »
My ratio of likes vs real convos has also increased
:playa

bluemax

« Reply #13771 on: May 25, 2020, 08:56:17 PM »
Of all the apps I've had the most long conversations with people from Tinder during this whole thing. Albeit most of them were either one day things, or Tinder passport people. But! A lady matched with me Wednesday night and was pretty chatty but I guess she's had to work this entire weekend so that's kind of a bummer. But she's also already given me her number, sent me voice messages and a random selfie and said she likes texting me. I guess I gotta remember that things aren't always going to progress at the ludicrous speed that things did with my ex.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13772 on: May 26, 2020, 03:17:06 AM »
The bond with my latest ex is the strongest thing I ever felt. It's not always simple to grapple with that. That she is gracious about it is incredible to me. I can only be grateful for what I get already but it's just all joy all the time for me, I wish it would extend...
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13773 on: May 26, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »

Nicely done! I was hoping for an update.

Did Atra ever drop that toxic possum girl? Or is she still dropping him on the regular?
que

bluemax

« Reply #13774 on: May 26, 2020, 10:03:07 PM »
The bond with my latest ex is the strongest thing I ever felt. It's not always simple to grapple with that. That she is gracious about it is incredible to me. I can only be grateful for what I get already but it's just all joy all the time for me, I wish it would extend...

Be grateful for it. It's even harder feeling that way about someone who is completely removed from your life.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13775 on: May 28, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »

Be grateful for it. It's even harder feeling that way about someone who is completely removed from your life.

I am. It's always so simple and she always gets my head clear and straight. We understand each other without having to speak and belabor things but if we feel like saying something we can and be constructive about it.

I mean obviously it's mostly the great eating and drinking we like to indulge with. But it's a nice bonus.  ;)

And I guess the (playful) Quixotic dynamic was always going to appeal to me on some level.
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #13776 on: May 28, 2020, 07:50:11 PM »
Just finalized my divorce like 3 weeks ago and last week my ex had a premature baby and doesn’t know who the dad is. I dodged a fucking bullet there.

kingv

« Reply #13777 on: June 01, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »
Been talking to this chick for a few weeks on bumble, and realized she had never once talked about work. I though maybe she was like living off her parents money or something (she is like my age though, not in her 20s) but she seems like a private person, so I didn’t pry.

Anyway, she later told me she plays poker for a living and just doesn’t like to talk about it to people. I was like “oh that’s pretty cool!” And she said “it really isn’t, I’m so sick of poker. It’s the last thing I want to talk about.” It sounds a lot less glamorous when you think about it as a job.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13778 on: June 01, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »
Plot twist: it’s actually strip poker  :goty2
Margs

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13779 on: June 01, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
Or a typo, she meant pokemon

kingv

« Reply #13780 on: June 02, 2020, 12:40:42 AM »
She also said she’d change my diaper. I didn’t even know it was like that.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13781 on: June 02, 2020, 01:08:48 AM »
She also said she’d change my diaper. I didn’t even know it was like that.

TVC RIP  :tocry
Margs

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #13782 on: June 02, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »
I miss my pamperchu updates.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13783 on: June 03, 2020, 01:39:44 PM »
Man, holy shit did i get played. :lol
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:'(
[close]

I dunno if anyone still remembers but basically started dating a girl i met on a cruise. She seemed super into it and it was i who was a little sceptical at first. We kept dating, spend some nights together and did basically bf/gf stuff. This went on for about 3 months. Just as i warmed up a bit comes a 180 attitude change where she aint sure if she wants to commit but could still see each other. Im pretty chill with it, i mean sure, things change etc. I take some distance. Sounds pretty normal so far.

Now, after two weeks i pretty much had enough and started setting up dates. I told her i don't do exclusivity if shes unsure or does not want to continue etc. The response was priceless "Yeah, sure i can't ask that from you. We were never in a realtionship anyway so it does not matter". Now i dunno if she will come around or not and at this point i would not act on it even if she did.

I had casual flings and FWBs, what we two did was far more then i do in those situations. So believe me if i say that the illusion seemed very real.

Dunno if there's any point to this story but it kinda fucks with me that a woman can be so into you and still do a colossal attitude change all of a sudden. Never seen anything like this before.

Yeah, so, she's kinda my girlfriend now. Well, not kinda but in a factual sense. :lol

In retrospect i probably was a little too butthurt about her being unsure(women in a nutshell it seems) but i just kept seeing her after that and it went into a good place so to speak. Now im not proclaiming undying love and i did make it clear that i did not like to be treated like i was etc but i like her aside from that stunt so let's see what happens. There's some private details that i leave out of these posts but lets just say that it made her behavior a little more understandable, that said, im not going to put all my emotional energy into this at this point and time will tell if i should have let it go or not.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:52:46 PM by Nabbis »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13784 on: June 04, 2020, 08:17:35 AM »
Finally got a good match going on OKCupid, this is the best convo I had online in 18 months since I chatted with my ex. I mean we're already discussing food, what we eat, what we plan to eat and nerd shit. In my experience, this bodes well. Deffo my type too and barely 12 hours in she said it was pleasant to talk to me (ie unlike most other chats you get in online dating). We'll see where it leads.

Edit : Fuck I just noticed looking at her profile she got the same lampshade model than my ex. :lol It's IKEA so not exactly uncommon but you don't see it everyday either.
No signs but the ones we make ourselves but I'll take it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:26:53 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #13785 on: June 04, 2020, 08:33:53 AM »
Finally got a good match going on OKCupid, this is the best convo I had online in 18 months since I chatted with my ex. I mean we're already discussing food, what we eat, what we plan to eat and nerd shit. In my experience, this bodes well. Deffo my type too and barely 12 hours in she said it was pleasant to talk to me (ie unlike most other chats you get in online dating). We'll see where it leads.

Edit : Fuck I just noticed looking at her profile she got the same lampshade model than my ex. :lol It's IKEA so not exactly uncommon but you don't see it everyday either.

Vom are you trying to come out with a lamp fetish my dude? No shame here, sounds good dude!

Bebpo

« Reply #13786 on: June 04, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »
Been talking to this chick for a few weeks on bumble, and realized she had never once talked about work. I though maybe she was like living off her parents money or something (she is like my age though, not in her 20s) but she seems like a private person, so I didn’t pry.

Anyway, she later told me she plays poker for a living and just doesn’t like to talk about it to people. I was like “oh that’s pretty cool!” And she said “it really isn’t, I’m so sick of poker. It’s the last thing I want to talk about.” It sounds a lot less glamorous when you think about it as a job.

I know two people that are ex-professional poker players. You'd never guess by the normal lives they lead but they had real interesting stories. Maybe one day you'll hear some from this gal.

Raist

« Reply #13787 on: June 04, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »

Plot twist: it's actually your ex.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13789 on: June 04, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »

Plot twist: it's actually your ex.

:lol

There's a type, but no. I had dinner with my ex this evening on top of that.
She cut the chase short, asked if we'd rather meet IRL and we will have a drink tomorrow or Monday. I'm pumped, she sounds like she is too.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:38:40 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #13790 on: June 04, 2020, 06:00:25 PM »
Let's hope you keep getting pumped then :phil

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13791 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:25 AM »
Drinks with an option to eat. The deal keeps getting better all the time ! 
:tophat
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #13792 on: June 05, 2020, 08:13:51 AM »
what you eating though? :phil

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13793 on: June 05, 2020, 08:28:44 AM »
what you eating though? :phil

Cheese, ham or fries, I'd guess. Anything else, depends how we'll feel like.
ὕβρις

Ghoul

« Reply #13794 on: June 05, 2020, 08:30:27 AM »
sounds good man!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13795 on: June 05, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
sounds good man!

Remember, consent is not optional even for ice cream.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13796 on: June 06, 2020, 07:28:30 PM »
It was a surprising date to be sure. In some ways, exactly what I expected, in some not. She's dealing with some issues I'm not sure I can help with and may hinder the prospect of us being a good fit for something more serious. She is a self avowed Yellow Vest so there's a few discussions I'm wary to go down with though so far I didn't stumble on anything I'd find really heinous (she's a pacifist, a feminist, believes in extending basic human respect to Macron or his wife and everyone, and all herrings I pulled & probed seemed to point she's not racist.). No love lost for "SJWs" but well... Glass houses and stones and all that. Vibe is more anarchist, very class-conscious, but "lacking" the classical ideological infrastructure or jargon. She's an autodidact, rational, a skeptic. She got the smarts and she sounds better read in some areas than me.

I mean really, she's not that far from my wheelhouse or comfort zone but there's still a gap between "cynical and fatalist nominal leftist" and "apolitical and utterly dillusioned with institutions". She seems willing, maybe even eager, to listen, respect and engage though.

I like her quite a bit and so far it started as a very stimulating interaction intellectually. We chatted and texted quite a lot in a few days, it's obviously reciprocal.

Seems we're not on the same pace with regards to getting physical, perhaps. But we started on good grounds about being open about what we were looking for (as far as you can really tell), I'm sure that's something we can and will discuss frankly. For the moment I'm still in the initial delight of clicking with someone and the build up. So long as the dates are great I can obviously wait it out a little longer.

Monday we should meet for several hours, we'll see how it goes.
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #13797 on: June 06, 2020, 07:32:11 PM »

:rejoice

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13798 on: June 06, 2020, 07:48:40 PM »
Anyone else just wanna go on date with Vom now to get read?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13799 on: June 06, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »
read me like one of your french girls   :uguu