Author Topic: The Fall of the House of Musker  (Read 38610 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: The Church of Elon Musk
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2018, 02:04:30 PM »
"i'm gonna make this sub for yall"
"no thanks we dont want it"
"i'm making it now"
"please do not"
"here i brought you a sub"
"we arent going to use it"
"i know, i'm the best ever"

truly a modern day superhero :doge

He's the hero we deserve, but not the hero we need.
©@©™

Kurt Russell

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Well, he did expand some money and resources for it, can't take that away though that's not heroic.

Didn't hear you saying that about Batman.

:batman
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »
Can't believe Elon Musk saved all those kids  :whew
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/sazza_jay/status/1016602001050886144
was the commenter serious about the 'hot goth girlfriend' ?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
Stop dragging lord and savior Elon Musk.  :fbm

Once he becomes the first Supreme Commander of S P A C E  F O R C E you will all regret it. 
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
Well, he did expand some money and resources for it, can't take that away though that's not heroic.

Was it HIS money or shareholder money? This was a PR stunt through and through.

If you tell me that he took those engineers off of the payroll of SpaceX and paid for their salaries himself for the two or three weeks he worked on it, then sure. Otherwise this is just another way that Elon Musk is burning up investor capital.

I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference to me. It certainly might for his investors however.
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:49 PM »
https://www.space.com/41110-russia-launches-superfast-cargo-ship-to-space-station.html

:whew Showing up the apartheid nerd while he's taking credit for his H.L. Hunley doing fuck all.

:bow Soyuz

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2018, 05:31:19 AM »
Waste goodwill as soon as you earned it brehs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016684366083190785
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »

Uh...Tuxedo Mask consistently saves Sailor Moon from getting killed by throwing his magic flower at the bad guy.  :expert

Kurt Russell

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:59 AM »
woke

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:10 AM »
Elon Musk, CEO of Hooli.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
Rounding up rather generously there.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2018, 08:54:40 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
attack the guy when he deserves it but god that cunt is cringy. hoarding money and resources? he rightly pointed out the contribution he has made which is why he is a billionaire.

kingv

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »
So, Tesla supports more jobs than the total number of cars the company has ever sold in its entire existence? Sounds sustainable.

I noticed they have opened up reservations again with non refundable $2500 deposits. In most companies this would be a good sign, but with Tesla it might also be a sign that they need money.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »
I have someone I know that is deep into the Koolaid of Telsa.

"Invest now! The stocks are going to bump up hugely!"

"Dude, nobody is driving them on the road in most places I go around. Wait until they start to actually threaten Ford, et. al. before saying that."

"LOL YOU'RE JUST UNINFORMED!"

*Stocks: Telsa is like 300, Ford is like 50 or so*

"LOL THIS IS JUST PROVING MY POINT! UR JUST DUM!"

I have yet to see Elon contribute something that has been worthwhile. Maybe the Hyperloop, if he actually gets that shit going, but even then that seems like it has huge problems (vacuum and if it malfunctions)  that need to be solved before prime-time.

Nola

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2018, 10:32:23 AM »
I actually thought the concept of his solar panel roofing technology had/has a lot of promise, but like a lot of those side projects it seems to have fallen into the over promise and underdevelopment practice they fall into regularly.

...But I guess the hype is what keeps the money flowing.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:09 AM »
attack the guy when he deserves it but god that cunt is cringy. hoarding money and resources? he rightly pointed out the contribution he has made which is why he is a billionaire.

Paypal literally (and routinely) stole money from people.

I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that their entire business model was "we're a bank but we won't do fractional reserve or be regulated like a bank."

kingv

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
I expect that the bigger car companies (notably GM) will slowly eat Tesla’s lunch in electric cars.

The Chevy Bolt is that $35k electric car with 200+ mile range that the model 3 was supposed to be (but isn’t... at least yet).

There will be a day, probably in the next 5 years, where GM makes an electric Cadillac that will complete squarely with a model S, and it will have the hands free autopilot that is currently on the top of the line Caddys.

To be fair thogh, that autopilot DOES only work on highways, so it’s not exactly the same. In some ways better because true hands free in some ways worse because it doesn’t work everywhere.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »

The video footage showed him in a much better light.

https://m.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
Elon is right that he has served his purpose. It's time to replace him.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2018, 12:31:43 AM »
That would be Dick Stanton, who co-led the dive rescue team
B R A Z Z E R S Presents...

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »
I expect that the bigger car companies (notably GM) will slowly eat Tesla’s lunch in electric cars.

The Chevy Bolt is that $35k electric car with 200+ mile range that the model 3 was supposed to be (but isn’t... at least yet).

There will be a day, probably in the next 5 years, where GM makes an electric Cadillac that will complete squarely with a model S, and it will have the hands free autopilot that is currently on the top of the line Caddys.

To be fair thogh, that autopilot DOES only work on highways, so it’s not exactly the same. In some ways better because true hands free in some ways worse because it doesn’t work everywhere.
yeah i've read that jaguar already has an electric car that's a better car than anything tesla's made

Kara

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2018, 01:55:28 AM »
yeah i've read that jaguar already has an electric car that's a better car than anything tesla's made

Formula E paying off already. :money

bluemax

« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:41 AM »
Elon Musk is a richer, more charismatic Chris Roberts.
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2018, 05:26:57 AM »

GM's autopilot is actually hand free too, right? Like it is allowed by regulators to be because it monitors your eyes to make sure you're still paying attention to the road.

I honestly think Tesla is pretty good at designing things (battery capacity, crash safety, self-driving) but absolutely horrible at everything that brings a product to market like developing an efficient assembly line and forging a good relationship with regulators. That shit must cost them billions and I don't see those aspects improving within 5 years if Elon is still in charge.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2018, 05:38:47 AM »
I havent paid attention to the Elon shit till PhillyD said something, I dunno Elon sounds completely reasonable to me.

Nola

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2018, 05:42:43 AM »
Tesla still has the price/aesthetic/brand loyalty angle pretty locked down though.

It is still really the only electric vehicle that hits all of the "notice me I have an electric vehicle that stands out" and "it also looks good" and "I can name drop it at parties and think I'm hip," which the consumers seem to simultaneously want in EV's. The combo which most of these companies can't seem to reproduce and has given Tesla the market edge.

The new Volvo looks to fit the bill, but it also is estimated to start at the top of the Model S's range so..

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2018, 06:59:40 AM »
Tesla still has the price/aesthetic/brand loyalty angle pretty locked down though.

It is still really the only electric vehicle that hits all of the "notice me I have an electric vehicle that stands out" and "it also looks good" and "I can name drop it at parties and think I'm hip," which the consumers seem to simultaneously want in EV's. The combo which most of these companies can't seem to reproduce and has given Tesla the market edge.

The new Volvo looks to fit the bill, but it also is estimated to start at the top of the Model S's range so..
i'm not convinced the other companies have seriously tried to reproduce that combo just yet, and will let their own r&d teams plod along in sync with market/consumer demands and throw out concept cars every now and then

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2018, 07:07:07 AM »
The Chevy Bolt just looks ugly as fuck, if they can get someone to make a design that doesnt look like a fisher price egg and add some marketing it would sell well.

kingv

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »

GM's autopilot is actually hand free too, right? Like it is allowed by regulators to be because it monitors your eyes to make sure you're still paying attention to the road.

I honestly think Tesla is pretty good at designing things (battery capacity, crash safety, self-driving) but absolutely horrible at everything that brings a product to market like developing an efficient assembly line and forging a good relationship with regulators. That shit must cost them billions and I don't see those aspects improving within 5 years if Elon is still in charge.

Elon is unquestionably a good marketer. He is sort of like a Steve Jobs that can’t actually deliver the product.

But Tesla needs to have somebody that actually knows something about building fucking cars run the company, or at least take over all operational aspects and let Elon be the “idea guy”. It’s complete hubris to think that running PayPal, hair plugs, and plastic surgery is a replacement for a lifetime of experience in auto manufacturing.

Pretty good synopsis of Silicon Valley, actually.

Edit: and yes cadillacs autopilot is 100% handsfree, but only works on some specifically mapped roads (I believe this basically is just the interstate system).

Mandark

• Icon

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2018, 12:47:06 AM »
The headline and the tweet has a completely different tone.  Also US union stuff is fucking weird.

SPACE FORCE.

Kara

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:11 AM »
The tone isn't that different if you're familiar with our crummy labor laws.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:21 AM »
"Don't unionize, I'll come around to listen and address your grievances... Eventually."

Why not both ?
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2018, 02:35:24 AM »
I'm not, it's super weird. Worker's rights is written into our constitution and a worker's union is a big part of the political coalition that rules the country.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
I'm not, it's super weird. Worker's rights is written into our constitution and a worker's union is a big part of the political coalition that rules the country.

Um...excuse me, but this is AMERICA, the last great capitalist utopia. The only right that workers have is the right to the work.
dog

Corporal

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »

Um...excuse me, but this is AMERICA, the last great capitalist utopia. The only right that workers have is the right to the work.
And that's only for as long as the machines and robots aren't up to snuff.
!list

kingv

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2018, 04:39:09 PM »

Well, maybe your people are dumb enough to give away their freedoms, but here in America “nah, love I’m good enjoy”

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
he called one of the divers a pedo lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
yo syph where u at

In a Thai cave, ready to vindicate God Emperor Musk.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2018, 02:49:32 PM »
And he's probably right.

All hail Elon Musk.  :rejoice
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »
And he's probably right.

All hail Elon Musk.  :rejoice

:hhh

why do you love the taste of shit so much

warcock

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
I havent paid attention to the Elon shit till PhillyD said something, I dunno Elon sounds completely reasonable to me.

this was awful. It must be cause i'm dead inside.

Oblivion

« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

Make videos with jump cuts every 5 seconds in 2018, brehs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2018, 05:09:06 PM »
ὕβρις

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »
youtube news :nope

Corporal

« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2018, 06:27:58 AM »
I kinda want to see that plucky British diver take the fight to Musk.

The back and forth between him and Musk has been mildly entertaining.
!list

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2018, 10:17:33 AM »
每天生气

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »
Seems like a prime candidate to be the next guest on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
Can you prove him wrong?

Didn't think so.
I have an armed neutrino bomb in my back yard.

Pay me $1 Billion dollars so I don't use it. :smug
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:11:28 PM by Atramental »

agrajag

« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
I will hurl moon rocks at you before you have a chance to activate your neutrino bomb

:ufup

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2018, 02:51:26 AM »
I feel like Elon would always get picked last on any team not because he was a bad player, but because no wants a prick.

Also explains how he dumped the strong, high-powered mother of his children for blond, mediocre cultists.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:33 AM »
:9

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2018, 04:39:09 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

PLOT TWIST: Twitterer was actually a pedo. GENIUS CONFIRMED.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »

Syph

XO