Author Topic: The Fall of the House of Musker  (Read 38316 times)

kingv

Re: The Church of Elon Musk
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2018, 01:04:28 AM »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2018, 01:26:46 AM »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2018, 01:36:14 AM »
Apparently if you change your display name to Elon Musk on twitter right now they'll lock your account in response. :derp :doge
Hi

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
Apparently if you change your display name to Elon Musk on twitter right now they'll lock your account in response. :derp :doge
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
Elon tweeted:

"Thinking about taking Tesla private for $420 a share"

And then this happened:
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
Are you allowed to do that ?
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »
He wrote a letter to the employees explaining his position
https://twitter.com/JonErlichman/status/1026913589289005056

Are you allowed to do that ?
:trumps
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »
The RE thread is kind of amazing :

"- I work in market regulation and it might be securities fraud to tweet something like that.
- I don't understand, if he's telling the truth where's the fraud ?
- Well it could be market manipulation, announcing such a buyback price.
- You need to file a lot of SEC papers to go private before announcing anything. He might have done it but otherwise it's fraud.
- Former SEC chairman thinks it could be in violation and a securities fraud.
- Trading has been halted, obviously SEC has to look at something here.
- I don't understand, if he's telling the truth where's the fraud ?"

:insane
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
A truly Elon move would be for him to take the company private and liquidate a portion of his holdings at $420/share.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2018, 07:15:54 PM »
Honestly that's not how I took the discussion, but I'll admit not being charitable to Musk fans.

No one can say yet if it's legit or not. However it seems everyone agree that going private at the current price (or announced buyback price) investors would have to shell between 50 to 70 billions $ which apparently is pretty massive. If so, it warrants some of the skepticism about the potential existence of that secure funding.

Anyway, who knows ? Guess we'll learn soon enough.

Aside that whole debate, I think everyone can agree it was a rather rash move by Musk.
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
wat

agrajag

« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
So how many shares of Tesla do you have  :doge

NTR

« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »
It is fraud tho.

I’m an expert

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

agrajag

« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2018, 09:00:45 PM »
It is fraud tho.

I’m an expert

An expert in fraud?  :thinking

NTR

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2018, 01:13:31 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2018, 01:28:32 AM »
Oh, so FDR can set gold prices by his lucky numbers, but Elon wants to run his PRIVATE PUBLIC business by lucky numbers and all the sudden all the liebtards are whining about it when they said nothing about FDR.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2018, 03:58:01 AM »

Kara

« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
Oh, so FDR can set gold prices by his lucky numbers, but Elon wants to run his PRIVATE PUBLIC business by lucky numbers and all the sudden all the liebtards are whining about it when they said nothing about FDR.

You shouldn't irony post your actual beliefs.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »

Over a billion dollars lost by short sellers yesterday.

:violin
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
You may take away his wealth, honor or freedom but dammit at least he saved those Thaï kids !
ὕβρις

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »
So with vague statements from some Tesla board members:  https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-board-met-several-times-to-evaluate-ceo-musks-take-private-idea-2018-08-08, and a complete lack of evidence of any SEC filings..

It looks like Musk's "funding secured" comment was complete bullshit.

Over a billion dollars lost by short sellers yesterday, and they will most certainly bring suit against Musk and possibly Tesla themselves.

This really could fuck him.  Here's some analysis that seems to have been written before the board members commented:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/business/elon-musk-tesla-sec.html
how fucked really though? like jail-time fucked or just pay some fines-fucked?

kingv

« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2018, 03:14:02 AM »
A billion dollar fine and lawsuit seems like a lot for a company that loses a couple of billion per year already.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »
Wrong thread.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »
Did he ever drop the receipts on the pedo diver?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2018, 01:35:54 PM »
Did he ever drop the receipts on the pedo diver?

Of course not. We're talking about a guy who claimed on Twitter to have received "verbal agreement from the government" for a Baltimore - Philadelphia Hyperloop.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2018, 01:01:44 AM »
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »
I read an article the other day about profit per car sold and Tesla loses ~11 thousand euros per vehicle sold. Epic bacon genius Elon Musk. :bow2

https://www.motor1.com/news/261613/ferrari-highest-profit-per-car/

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/Dazed/status/1028943232061849600

https://twitter.com/sadhoeflo/status/1028869317213880320

https://twitter.com/ItsTahaa/status/1029056171070681088

https://www.businessinsider.com/azealia-banks-claims-to-be-at-elon-musks-house-as-he-sought-investors-2018-8

Azealia Banks lit up the internet after claiming to be at Elon Musk's house for the weekend in her Instagram stories.

On Sunday, the rapper posted on Instagram: "I waited around all weekend while grimes coddled her boyfriend..." In another story, she wrote: "Staying in Elon musks house has been like a real like [sic] episode of 'Get Out'".

Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, is a singer and songwriter who has been dating Musk, the founder and CEO of Tesla since earlier this year.

When Business Insider reached out to Banks via Instagram DM, Banks shared further details. According to the rapper, she arrived to one of Musk's homes in Los Angeles early on Friday, August 10 and left the night of Sunday, August 12. An independent secondary source confirmed that Banks was at one of Musk's properties this weekend.

Over the course of the weekend, Banks claimed, the couple essentially went into hiding as Musk sought funding after tweeting about plans to take Tesla private last week. However, she claims, the couple kept stringing her along with the promise of collaborating on music.

"They bring me out there on the premise that we would hang and make music," Banks claimed via DM. "But his dumb--- kept tweeting and tucked his dick in between his a-- cheeks once s--- hit the fan."

Banks said Musk seemed distracted over the course of the weekend after tweeting his plans to take Tesla private last week and saying funding was "secured."

"I saw him in the kitchen tucking his tail in between his legs scrounging for investors to cover his a-- after that tweet," she said. "He was stressed and red in the face."

"He's not cute at all in person," Banks added.

Banks also claimed that she was not trying to eavesdrop, but Musk seemed to be scrambling.

On Monday, Musk said in a statement on Tesla's website that he used the phrase "funding secured" to indicate that he believes there was "no question" Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund would provide funding to convert Tesla into a private company.

The spokesperson referred questions about Tesla funding to the company, which declined to request for comment. Boucher also did not respond to a request for comment, and neither Musk nor Boucher responded to Banks' claims on social media.

Banks' Instagram story also caused a stir because she alluded to drug use and Twitter. Musk's spokesperson said such claims were "utter nonsense."

"I could run Tesla better than he does," Banks said of Musk on Monday to Business Insider.

"They're so pitiful," she added. "And it's honestly stupid of them to think another performative 'angry/crazy black girl hit piece' will do anything to bring me down."

agrajag

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2018, 06:10:45 PM »
GUYS THIS IS NOT A DRILL AZEALIA BANKS IS REALLY OUT HERE ROASTING ELON MUSK IM FUCKING SCREAMING

what an obnoxious way of expressing your thoughts  ::)

Kara

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2018, 06:14:45 PM »
Epic bacon genius who does things HIS OWN WAY is turning to Saudi to prop up his unsustainable business. :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2018, 06:23:05 PM »
Elon is trying to cash out of Tesla so he can get a top job at Space Force.

He knows he can't produce mass market cars because he doesn't fucking care.
He's Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark IRL not the head of Volkswagen.

Go Elon. Tweet on Acid. Fuck the Shorts. Blast the media.

Go out with a bang and scorch the earth behind you.  :rejoice

Then recruit McAfee, Thiel and Palmer and create the chain of command SPACE FORCE deserves.  :lawd
🤴

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:25 PM »
QED

kingv

« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
Epic bacon genius who does things HIS OWN WAY is turning to Saudi to prop up his unsustainable business. :lol

So is this an amazing hedge for Saudi Arabia against oil? OR is it amazing fuckery of Saudi Arabia to sabotage one of the companies that threatens oils stranglehold on transportation?

I would point out that either way this seems to be proof that Tesla is in serious trouble

kingv

« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »
Also increasingly clear that Tesla is going to lose like a billion dollars in that lawsuit if the company doesn’t secure a deal to buy out all of its current investors at $420/share.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »
Azealia Banks Is going to be amazing when the SEC calls her to testify at the Tesla fraud hearings. That dumb, ugly, talentless ho Grimes is going to be the end of Musk.
serge

Cryo

« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2018, 11:31:33 PM »
Azealia Banks Is going to be amazing when the SEC calls her to testify at the Tesla fraud hearings. That dumb, ugly, talentless ho Grimes is going to be the end of Musk.
actually she’s going to be the first artist to film a music video in space, bitch

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »
grimes is a meth whore?  :noah :shaq

TVC15

« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2018, 11:38:41 PM »
actually she’s going to be the first artist to film a music video in space, bitch

Hopefully it’s so accurate to physics that we won’t be able to hear the shit tier music from the vacuum of outer space. Fuck, keep the billionaire-mid-life-crisis-cum-guzzlin’ sellout there in the void. It’d be good for her looks.
serge

Cryo

« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2018, 11:44:41 PM »

Hopefully it’s so accurate to physics that we won’t be able to hear the shit tier music from the vacuum of outer space. Fuck, keep the billionaire-mid-life-crisis-cum-guzzlin’ sellout there in the void. It’d be good for her looks.
it's true, watching the artist of the decade create what will be looked back upon as our generation's moon landing will be a good look  :preach

shosta

« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »
What would be good for her looks is being exposed to the harsh climate of space where the water boils off of her eyeballs, her capillaries burst, and she bloats like a swollen kid in anaphylaxis. Maybe then she'd finally fill out her bra.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2018, 12:06:49 AM »

it's true, watching the artist of the decade create what will be looked back upon as our generation's moon landing will be a good look  :preach

Ewwwwsh, you’d have to be Portland douchey to think she were the artist of the decade.
serge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2018, 06:13:57 PM »
Fuck me. How did you know.  :doge
🤴

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
Ah well even if Tesla goes down and our chances of sustainable energy resources with it, we will always have a new meme

Funding secured.
🤴

shosta

« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »
Other car companies are doing electric vehicles much better than Tesla
每天生气

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
That is true. Ironically, he's totally an Edison.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2018, 06:28:31 AM »
Ah well even if Tesla goes down and our chances of sustainable energy resources with it, we will always have a new meme

Funding secured.
Why would they?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2018, 06:45:59 AM »
Musk is the whole lynchpin for that and not, as someone with a shallow understanding of it would think, a structural infrastructure effort by all the major nations worldwide.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »
Tesla vehicles only run on sustainably produced clean electricity.

agrajag

« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2018, 08:59:31 AM »
He should design a car powered by smugness.

Kara

« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »

So is this an amazing hedge for Saudi Arabia against oil? OR is it amazing fuckery of Saudi Arabia to sabotage one of the companies that threatens oils stranglehold on transportation?

I would point out that either way this seems to be proof that Tesla is in serious trouble

Given the parties involved I think it's a good idea to be skeptical of everything discussed.

shosta

« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2018, 06:08:15 PM »
He should design a car powered by smugness.
Toyota already did the Prius
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
Omg

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/business/elon-musk-interview-tesla.html

“I thought the worst of it was over — I thought it was,” he said. “The worst is over from a Tesla operational standpoint.” He continued: “But from a personal pain standpoint, the worst is yet to come.”

Sounds like Grimes is getting her inheritance soon.

To help sleep when he is not working, Mr. Musk said he sometimes takes Ambien. “It is often a choice of no sleep or Ambien,” he said.

But this has worried some board members, who have noted that sometimes the drug does not put Mr. Musk to sleep but instead contributes to late-night Twitter sessions, according to a person familiar with the board’s thinking.

THEY’RE USING THE ROSEANNE EXCUSE! NO JOKE!
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05:41 AM »
That's funny. I've popped ambien the last few nights because of high levels of stress before sleep.

So far nothing crazy.... unless you count sometimes posting on the bore  :doge