Author Topic: #latestagecapitalism  (Read 361247 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: #latestagecapitalism
« Reply #3600 on: January 07, 2022, 09:25:39 PM »
You can see the seething rage in the male anchor's face when this guy who he already thinks is an idiotic attention seeker does something idiotic to seek attention.
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3601 on: January 07, 2022, 10:33:30 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3602 on: January 08, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/techreview/status/1479469656989646857

https://kotaku.com/vr-developers-add-personal-bubble-to-their-game-to-fi-1788237241

Belamire was visiting her brother when he loaded up QuiVR, an “archery Castle Defense game” for the HTC Vive that’s currently in pre-release alpha. While playing, Belamire had “never experienced virtual reality that felt so real,” she recounted in her Medium piece.

Only three minutes into multiplayer, Belamire encountered BigBro442, a floating helmet, bow and free-floating hand. Avatars look the same in QuiVR, but Belamire’s voice gave her away as a woman. Here’s what happened next in her words:

"Suddenly, BigBro442’s disembodied helmet faced me dead-on. His floating hand approached my body, and he started to virtually rub my chest.

'Stop!' I cried . . .This goaded him on, and even when I turned away from him, he chased me around, making grabbing and pinching motions near my chest. Emboldened, he even shoved his hand toward my virtual crotch and began rubbing."

Belamire said that the alleged virtual groping, while not real, is still “scary as hell.” BigBro442, she said, followed her as she ran away. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she took the headset off.

“Women are allowed [in VR], sure, but the BigBro442s of the world will make sure you never want to come back,” Belamire concluded.

QuiVR’s developers Jonathan Schenker and Aaron Stanton didn’t realize that Belamire’s essay was about their game at first. Their hearts sank when they read that QuiVR was the scene of the alleged groping. In an Upload VR post yesterday, Schenker and Stanton took full responsibility for what happened.

“This had happened in our game; this had been on our watch,” they write. “We should have prevented this in the first place.”

http://www.digra.org/wp-content/uploads/digital-library/DiGRA_2020_paper_272.pdf

ABSTRACT
This paper examines key discussion points among VR-interested Reddit users regarding a
controversial case of VR groping reported in 2016. Through a mixed-methods approach
that includes qualitative thematic analysis and quantitative coding, this paper identifies four
key discussion themes: 1) Conceptualization—what is the act of groping? 2) Ethics—what
is (un)acceptable about the act? 3) Action—what should be done about it? and 4) Vision—
what does this act mean for the future of VR? Within these themes, most comments were
dedicated to the questions of whether the act of groping in VR constitutes sexual assault or
sexual harassment, whether it is the individual’s responsibility to respond to this act, and
whether this act causes harm. These results assist in the formation of a framework for
understanding and addressing concerns related to unwanted sexual behaviours in VR and
other digital play spaces.
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3603 on: January 08, 2022, 01:10:48 PM »
Lol. BigBro442.

I'm not saying she made the whole thing up, but if you were the kind of person to make up a situation for maximum Kotaku online outrage points, this is probably the kind of username you would come up with.
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3604 on: January 10, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »
©@©™

benjipwns

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3606 on: January 12, 2022, 03:57:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/MattGarrahan/status/1480556854862389251
WTAF is that?

https://twitter.com/techreview/status/1479469656989646857
One of the better pieces I've seen about the Zuck was from a woman who interviewed him several times over many years, and she observed that he doesn't realize the impact of the kind of large scale decisions he's making. This is also likely true of anything being developed primarily by engineers without actual test runs going on, prior to wide release.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3607 on: January 12, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3608 on: January 12, 2022, 02:59:48 PM »
how do you delude yourself into thinking you've provided the perfect orientation and viewing angle/fov for cows that isn't giving them a cross-eye or blurry image
 :duh
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3609 on: January 12, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »
how do you delude yourself into thinking you've provided the perfect orientation and viewing angle/fov for cows that isn't giving them a cross-eye or blurry image

He's too busy fucking them to care.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3610 on: January 12, 2022, 04:05:52 PM »
Any story that begins, "A farmer in Turkey..." is bound to be
 :oreilly :what :crazy :confused :trigger :hhh :steel
Spud

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3611 on: January 12, 2022, 05:03:09 PM »
Why?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #3612 on: January 12, 2022, 05:10:10 PM »
I only want milk and meat from cows that are free virtual range.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3613 on: January 12, 2022, 07:20:34 PM »
Why?

He's too busy fucking them to care.
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3614 on: January 13, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3615 on: January 14, 2022, 12:47:30 AM »
r/antiwork is such a treasure trove of "don't be a dumbass, management" - r/malicious_compliance is also dope.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3616 on: January 14, 2022, 02:21:36 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Is management one person or did they make them accomplices?
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #3618 on: January 15, 2022, 12:08:39 AM »
Coming soon to a lane next to you

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1481764407881392132

Can’t wait till 10 year olds get to drive cause Uber needs drivers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3619 on: January 15, 2022, 05:02:15 PM »
Look we have to face the fact that all this trucking is going to be automated and you will lose your job
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3620 on: January 17, 2022, 04:23:03 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3621 on: January 17, 2022, 05:39:59 AM »
http://twitter.com/hodayum/status/1458598871471374337
That's kind of capitalism working though...to an extent.

A shortage in the supply of skilled labour means that workers are in the power position and are able to demand more from employers, possibly even asking THEM for references. I know that certain technical workers and many trade workers here are in very short supply. My brother is an accountant and he is having a huge problem finding skilled staff.

Anyway   :no1curr
Spud

benjipwns

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3625 on: January 18, 2022, 01:01:39 PM »
Lettuce talk about it.
©@©™

benjipwns

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3627 on: January 18, 2022, 04:00:00 PM »
Climate activists put out that easy? Wtf I love the environment now.
Margs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3628 on: January 18, 2022, 05:11:13 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3629 on: January 19, 2022, 08:58:35 AM »

Only if you're a hot cop with a cockney accent. :(
©@©™

BIONIC

« Reply #3630 on: January 19, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »

Only if you're a hot cop with a cockney accent. :(

:riot
Margs

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #3631 on: January 19, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3632 on: January 19, 2022, 06:06:22 PM »
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3633 on: January 19, 2022, 06:57:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/moveincircles/status/1483069874020753411

ngl, i took this seriously for a second  :lol

So did I.
It's part of the plot from Brandon Cronenberg's Antiviral, which I recommend.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3634 on: January 19, 2022, 11:33:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/Asher_Wolf/status/1483917021616427008
Labour laws are a state responsibility, so it would be up to them to individually lower those laws, not the federal government. Morrison can suggest it though.

Going by that jouro's hair and the way she's phrased that tweet, I'm going to assume she has a pretty serious left agenda.

EDIT: Lol, just checked the source of the image and it's The Guardian Australia. Far left shitrag.
Spud

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #3635 on: January 20, 2022, 02:18:42 PM »
------ is about to get more “inclusive,” with the maker of ----’s announcing its famed characters are getting modern makeovers and will have more “nuanced personalities.”

-----, Incorporated, the company behind the colorful, -----, announced Thursday a “global commitment to creating a world where everyone feels they belong and society is inclusive.”

As part of the new mission to increase the “sense of belonging for 10 million people around the world by 2025,”----- said the ---- characters — who serve as mascots of sorts for the brand — would be receiving fresh, new looks.

The ------, previously seen in ads posing seductively and strutting her stuff in white go-go boots, will now sport a pair of sneakers. A description for the ------- on the --------- website says she enjoys “being a hypewoman for my friends.”

“I think we all win when we see more women in leading roles, so I’m happy to take on the part of supportive friend when they succeed,” the ------- said on the promotional site.

Another character, the ------, described her motto as, “Not bossy. Just the boss.”

----- said in announcing the refresh that ------ — which were first released in 1941 — will have “an updated tone of voice that is more inclusive, welcoming, and unifying, while remaining rooted in our signature jester, wit and humor.”

"As one of the world's most iconic ------ brands,” Cathryn Sleight, -----’s Chief Growth Officer said in a statement, “who better to commit to a world with more moments of fun by increasing a sense of belonging around the globe than ------ ?"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3636 on: January 20, 2022, 02:21:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/Asher_Wolf/status/1483917021616427008
Labour laws are a state responsibility, so it would be up to them to individually lower those laws, not the federal government. Morrison can suggest it though.

Going by that jouro's hair and the way she's phrased that tweet, I'm going to assume she has a pretty serious left agenda.

EDIT: Lol, just checked the source of the image and it's The Guardian Australia. Far left shitrag.
I just imagined a bunch of 8 year olds driving fork lifts and thought it was pretty funny.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3637 on: January 20, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »
------ is about to get more “inclusive,” with the maker of ----’s announcing its famed characters are getting modern makeovers and will have more “nuanced personalities.”

-----, Incorporated, the company behind the colorful, -----, announced Thursday a “global commitment to creating a world where everyone feels they belong and society is inclusive.”

As part of the new mission to increase the “sense of belonging for 10 million people around the world by 2025,”----- said the ---- characters — who serve as mascots of sorts for the brand — would be receiving fresh, new looks.

The ------, previously seen in ads posing seductively and strutting her stuff in white go-go boots, will now sport a pair of sneakers. A description for the ------- on the --------- website says she enjoys “being a hypewoman for my friends.”

“I think we all win when we see more women in leading roles, so I’m happy to take on the part of supportive friend when they succeed,” the ------- said on the promotional site.

Another character, the ------, described her motto as, “Not bossy. Just the boss.”

----- said in announcing the refresh that ------ — which were first released in 1941 — will have “an updated tone of voice that is more inclusive, welcoming, and unifying, while remaining rooted in our signature jester, wit and humor.”

"As one of the world's most iconic ------ brands,” Cathryn Sleight, -----’s Chief Growth Officer said in a statement, “who better to commit to a world with more moments of fun by increasing a sense of belonging around the globe than ------ ?"

you got me, an excellent puzzle

could not figure it out but enough clues that I should have
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3638 on: January 20, 2022, 02:52:13 PM »

not a good look
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3639 on: January 20, 2022, 02:54:28 PM »
Nooooooooooo, the Ess Jay Dubyas ruining my milk chocolate candy by making the making the mascots less horny. We used to live in a society, a proper society. :notlikethis
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #3640 on: January 20, 2022, 03:20:14 PM »
Nooooooooooo, the Ess Jay Dubyas ruining my milk chocolate candy by making the making the mascots less horny. We used to live in a society, a proper society. :notlikethis
There's nothing they won't try to take from us, Joe. #RESIST

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #3641 on: January 20, 2022, 03:50:15 PM »

I know nobody likes change but at a progressive and futureminded company like Mars Wrigley Corp they understand it's important to be on the right side of history when it comes to creating a unified sense of belonging through the footwear worn by their talking chocolate shells.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:06:15 PM by headwalk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3642 on: January 20, 2022, 05:21:40 PM »
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3643 on: January 20, 2022, 05:23:41 PM »
I for one am glad to see the Mars corporation finally throw in the towel to Christians and mom groups everywhere, at last teenage boys will stop popping boners in the candy aisle and loudly asking their parents about that funny feeling
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #3644 on: January 20, 2022, 08:29:28 PM »
Let the Green M&M Be a Nasty Little Slut

The recent push to rebrand corporate logos to be more inclusive has, for the most part, been a good thing. Making Barbie more body-positive? Great. Renaming Aunt Jemima syrup? About damn time. Yet in brands’ fervent quest to capture youth audiences and capture the woke zeitgeist, they may be going just a little bit too far. Case in point: the slut-shaming of the green M&M.

Essentially, this is what happened: the CEO of Mars Wrigley, the company that makes M&Ms, announced today that it would be revamping the characters to make them more “current” and “representative of our consumer” (presumably, people united by their willingness to ignore the fact that they’re eating shittier Reese’s Pieces). How do they plan on doing this, you ask? By replacing the characters’ footwear.

This distinction is pretty negligible for the male characters (CNN goes into detail about the changes, but frankly they are men, and thus I don’t really care). For the female characters, however, the changes are apparent and formidable. The brown M&M’s heels have been lowered to a more sensible Alexis Neiers-esque kitten heel, while the green M&M’s signature go-go boots have been swapped out for non-descript white sneakers, the kind that Melanie Griffith’s character in Working Girl changes into at her desk to signal she’s a Girlboss with a head for business and a bod for sin. Let the river run, ladies! (Mars Wrigley did not immediately return a request for comment.)

For those familiar with the iconography of the green M&M, this change is nothing more than tectonic. I imagine it is similar to how the people of Wittenberg must have felt watching Martin Luther nail his 95 Theses of the Protestant Reformation to the church door. But it is also a major error on Mars Wrigley’s part, because the green M&M being a dirty slut, as signified by her iconic white go-go boots, is precisely what has engendered her a devoted fan base, particularly among similarly libidinous women and gay men who have embraced the character. Consider, for instance, this ad where she does erotic ASMR for no reason other than to give the male M&Ms a massive boner, then feigns ignorance at the impact her performance has. Can we, or should we, attempt to put a cap on such virulent, untrammeled female sexuality? Can you stop the wind from blowing? Can you prevent a dog from vomiting after eating too much cheese? Can you keep Twitter libs from being self-righteous about adhering to COVID protocols? No, you cannot.

The green M&M has spent decades building her brand as a horny, sexy bitch, and for what? For her creators to give her Larry David footwear in the name of feminism? For Mars Wrigley to give themselves pats on the back and big fat fucking raises at the next corporate retreat in Palo Alto? Guess what: the green M&M is a feminist, and she’s a dirty slut. We are real, and we exist, and we refuse to tolerate this disgusting attempt at erasure. We are given so little, and we have tolerated so much. Let the green M&M keep her go-go boots. Let her get blackout and suck dick in the bathroom at Acme on a Wednesday. This is what we want. This is what we deserve. This is what she deserves.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3645 on: January 20, 2022, 09:19:09 PM »
New M&Ms characters

Red M&M

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:social
[close]

Purple M&M
:social2
[close]

Brown M&M
:aloy
[close]
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3647 on: January 21, 2022, 02:03:02 PM »
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #3648 on: January 22, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3649 on: January 22, 2022, 02:31:10 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3650 on: January 24, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »
Also, i love having to fumble around with a cartoon 3d milk carton, instead of quickly click "add to cart" on a browser page and be done in 2 minutes!  :doge
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1485470169795342338

jorma

« Reply #3651 on: January 24, 2022, 03:08:52 PM »
Also, i love having to fumble around with a cartoon 3d milk carton, instead of quickly click "add to cart" on a browser page and be done in 2 minutes!  :doge
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1485470169795342338

suuuuuure i totally believe that this is what happened here  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3652 on: January 24, 2022, 04:23:31 PM »
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #3653 on: January 24, 2022, 05:30:58 PM »
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #3654 on: January 26, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #3655 on: January 26, 2022, 01:24:47 PM »
John Lennon's eldest son Julian is selling several pieces of music history from his personal collection.

However, he will keep the physical items as each piece of memorabilia will be sold as a non-fungible token (NFT).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60121538
woke

benjipwns

« Reply #3656 on: January 31, 2022, 01:55:34 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3657 on: January 31, 2022, 02:46:50 PM »
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3659 on: January 31, 2022, 02:53:03 PM »