Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2150618 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Monty Python, the best comedy show ever created was largely intelligent humour with little to no easy jokes based on offensive crap.

Go home Mel.

:lol

I guess they missed the part where Life of Brian caused a shitstorm.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
he probably doesn't want people playing Doom at 60fps on the Switch either, he's literally committing metaphorical rape, murder, arson, and rape.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Royalan vying for the prize of dumbest poster today, I see. If only he had even the slightest capacity to self reflect...

Monty Python, the best comedy show ever created was largely intelligent humour with little to no easy jokes based on offensive crap.

Go home Mel.

Has this idiot never watched Monty Python in his life or something..?

Also:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249638919
I remember many moons ago getting into it with Bobby Hobbits over exactly this. He was as usual pedantically going on about how the PC police would not be out to get you for making Blazing Saddles, and what does it matter if said PC police are walking around with their guns drawn?

Well fuck you Bobby, how do you like them apples? 🍎

SantaC

Is it bad that I laugh over this? Would be instant ban on gaf

I somehow missed that this meme was popular 9 years ago

benjipwns

Is a Lord of Lore higher ranking than a Lore Expert? Seems like the latter would be a mere advisory position.

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249642552&postcount=50
You sound like you really want to justify piracy but there isn't a justification for it. There is no fundamental right that anyone has to just take whatever copyrighted work they want and not compensate anyone for it.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but talking about "fundamental" rights with respect to intellectual property is a pretty slippery slope. All intellectual property rights exist as grants by the State enforced by threat of violence

mods help

also wherein neogaf.com posters repeat drug warrior arguments:
The fact that * is illegal is possibly part of the reason that * isn't a major problem. If it was legal, it would be a completely different beast if only because it would introduce a different userbase that would dwarf the current *.

VomKriege

• Do the moron

Go home Mel.

Gaston, a bucket for monsieur !
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
That mel Brooks thread is terrible.

People really do need to watch Lindsay Ellis’ video about him
püp

Boredfrom

That mel Brooks thread is terrible.

People really do need to watch Lindsay Ellis’ video about him

:goty2

That thread kind of contradicts her point. And Mel Brook point seems to be that comedians in general need that chance to take and allow others to take risks regardless of their personal tastes or beliefs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:11:07 PM by Boredfrom »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Go home Mel.

Splitter! :bolo
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I swear I remember a similar thread about Mel Brook. But in that people tried to argue that he was PC or not offensive.

Today's social justice warriors are tomorrow's shitlords
🍆🍆

Boredfrom

This is a work of art:

He gets a pass. I don't think the guy who worked with Richard Pryor to create Blazing Saddles or penned Springtime for Hitler understands the hacks that run around trying to be edgy with sensitive topics. They are not brilliant and deft at walking the line like he is, they are fucking morons, like Daniel Tosh and Seth McFarlane, or just making a point of being offensive, like Doug Stanhope and Anthony Jeselnik. He is 91, why would his finger be on the pulse?

He is probably assuming everyone is as good as he was at what he does. He could make all the jokes he made in the day today and be fine, as long as people know his heritage, that Pryor wrote Blazing Saddles, etc. Or at least, he wouldn't catch any more flak than he already has.

"The old senile man doesnt understand that everyone else in the bussiness is a hack. People today are not going to totally shit on him like most of this thread has."

seagrams hotsauce

Putting Daniel Tosh and Seth McFarlane in the same sentence as Stanhope and Jeselnik :trigger

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

Go home Mel.

That's the Meaning of Life, scrub.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Guys, no politics stuff this time around.  :wag

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Otherwise I'd have linked that BLM/Nazis double standard thread where Crossing Eden is arguing that "being a Nazi is unconstitutional" in the USA and where two guys are being short of a dogpile for saying current legal precedent is that the 1st amendment protects those views, no matter how vile.
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron

Go home Mel.

Fuck you.
Oh wait, you didn't say anything about Hillary, sorry.
ὕβρις

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

Go home Mel.

Fuck you.
Oh wait, you didn't say anything about Hillary, sorry.

DIAF!

Boredfrom

Guys, no politics stuff this time around.  :wag

Otherwise I'd have linked that BLM/Nazis double standard thread where Crossing Eden is arguing that "being a Nazi is unconstitutional" in the USA and where two guys are being short of a dogpile for saying current legal precedent is that the 1st amendment protects those views, no matter how vile.
[close]

But GAF says that everything is politics, thats why people are more concerned about South Park shitting on KAnye West vaporware momma game than 2K bullying website to change the score of a game.

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249671676&postcount=73

Quote from: StoOgE
I know right, all those Jewish jokes from way back when are super funny because Matt Stone considers himself ethnically Jewish, and they make fun of everyone anyway....  so when Cartman dressed like Hitler back in Season 8 and started a race riot chanting the words "We must exterminate the Jews" it was actually hilarious and I'm just an out of touch old man.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249672486&postcount=102

Quote from: StoOgE
The real victims in culture are South Park fans who are looked down upon by the washed masses of virtue signalers.

Raist

Go home Mel.

Misquoting the Python :trigger

MODS PLS

Averon

Why still get mad about South Park in this day and age  :lol

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
dae feel really uncomfortable wrt the fat shaming going on in this clip? I feel that it's really problematic, and that we shouldn't make light of people with abnormal weight issues.

As a person of size, this makes me feel really icky. I just think it's kinda gross.

edit: and don't even get me STARTED on that song at the beginning. Not every man has a penis, and some of us would rather be without one entirely!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:29:18 PM by samfish »

jorma

Go home Mel.

show him this

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
IT'S SPRING TIIIIME FOR MEL BROOKS

(too soon?)

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Mel Brooks isn't even arguing the common "in comedy nothing is off limits but also comics can't be criticized because comedy is for some reason sacred" thing that people use to defend trash comics. He's just saying that risk taking is being curtailed before it can even start.
vin

FStop7

But... he doesn't think you can't make fun of Jewish people... WTF do those morons think Yogurt is?

Or the entirety of the goddamn Producers

Mel Brooks is a great man.  There's no other way I'd put it.  He put his career on the line for his friend Richard Pryor.  He quit Blazing Saddles.  He told the studios he was walking because they forced Pryor out.  It was Pryor who convinced Mel to stay with the project.  There are so many stories like this, of how he's risked things or used his influence to do good rather than merely for personal gain.  When I saw him speak the host mentioned that it was his 26th appearance at this venue.  He doesn't get paid a dime.  He goes there to pay tribute to his friends (the time I went it was to honor Zero Mostel, an incredibly talented actor whose career was trashed after being blacklisted during the Red Scare) and to share his advice and experiences with people looking to follow in his footsteps.  For free.  Whatever, GAF can go fuck itself.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:00:42 PM by FStop7 »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
fucking hell, mel brooks has an opinion that isn't 100% in line with GAF's puritanical moral compass. time to pack that old cunt off up and float him off on an iceberg along with everyone else with who refused to be on the right side of history.

Raist

Sounds legit.

So some truck pulled over while I was walking my dog earlier today, screamed at me that I was ruining the country, and I managed to notice two things: the giant fucking confederate flag, and the literal swastika sticker he had on his windshield.

I told that nazi fuck off, he said he would report me to the office for "calling him a confederate nazi fuck and flipping him off, what the fuck is your problem, man? This is america."

So like he got out with his rather rotund, dotard of a wife, shook his fists at me and drove off.

I called the police because I noticed this nazi fuck was now driving in front of my house back and forth in the span of five minutes, slowing to a creep and stopping once on the second time like they were gonna get out and approach my familial trailer home.

The police didn't believe me, laughed, and hung up.

I then got into a pretty big fight with my parents over the reality of being accosted by literal white supremacists while doing nothing but walking my dog.

Long story short, my mom is still coming to grips with it, my father straight doesn't care and sides with the nazis.

She had an awful day herself, so I take a lot of her responses as somewhere to realize that she can't fence sit anymore, and she is really tired and having a hard time absorbing all of this.

I feel awful though, like my life is falling apart, my country is going to even more shit than it was before, but at least Obama gave me some hope.

Nuclear armageddon on the horizon, and my own illnesses continue to get worse, now I can't even walk down the fucking street to walk my dog without running into goddamn nazis and confederates.

And Confederate Nazis.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but no it is just real life.

zomgee

• We've *all*
Sounds legit.

pills

maybe it's Amir0x.
rub

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
Sounds legit.

So some truck pulled over while I was walking my dog earlier today, screamed at me that I was ruining the country, and I managed to notice two things: the giant fucking confederate flag, and the literal swastika sticker he had on his windshield.

I told that nazi fuck off, he said he would report me to the office for "calling him a confederate nazi fuck and flipping him off, what the fuck is your problem, man? This is america."

So like he got out with his rather rotund, dotard of a wife, shook his fists at me and drove off.

I called the police because I noticed this nazi fuck was now driving in front of my house back and forth in the span of five minutes, slowing to a creep and stopping once on the second time like they were gonna get out and approach my familial trailer home.

The police didn't believe me, laughed, and hung up.

I then got into a pretty big fight with my parents over the reality of being accosted by literal white supremacists while doing nothing but walking my dog.

Long story short, my mom is still coming to grips with it, my father straight doesn't care and sides with the nazis.

She had an awful day herself, so I take a lot of her responses as somewhere to realize that she can't fence sit anymore, and she is really tired and having a hard time absorbing all of this.

I feel awful though, like my life is falling apart, my country is going to even more shit than it was before, but at least Obama gave me some hope.

Nuclear armageddon on the horizon, and my own illnesses continue to get worse, now I can't even walk down the fucking street to walk my dog without running into goddamn nazis and confederates.

And Confederate Nazis.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but no it is just real life.

this guy is always making threads where 'something horrible just happened'

the last one was about how some old couple moved away from him after he told his mom the waiter was cute

here are some highlights:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428785
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1389057
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366300
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323073

bonus: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370041

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:29:27 PM by Jenkem »

Dennis

OP receives criminal subponea. Instead of, I don't know call the number, he wants GAF to tell him he can just skip it like skipping a class.

I, for one, always immediately chuck official looking mail into the trash. The Man needs to back off.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437051

VomKriege

• Do the moron
OP receives criminal subponea. Instead of, I don't know call the number, he wants GAF to tell him he can just skip it like skipping a class.

I, for one, always immediately chuck official looking mail into the trash. The Man needs to back off.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249698766

I didn't mean to talk shit or anything, I just legitimately find it interesting how so many people seem to turn to here so quickly, be it for legal or medical stuff.
There's a lot of smart people on here.

thisisneogaf.gif

Quote from: NoblesseOblige
Bonus: They even spell my last name wrong
So you didn't receive an order to appear. Just toss it then!

:rollsafe
ὕβρις

Raist

Love the "Typo in your name? Well just ignore it then!" advice.

What could possibly go wrong?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249618357

Videogames sale numbers are serious dammit !

Nunes should be hanging from his toes in Guantanamo for the crap I'm sure he's tied up in. That goes for anyone, Democrat or Republican, that can be bought by a foreign power.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249697332

:donot

Wasn't there at least Congressman owned by the Russians? I remember Paul Ryan blatantly joked about. There are definitely some of them that need to be convicted of treason.
[close]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:38:18 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

SantaC

Laugh and you're a terrible person.

I like that movie  :badass

zepblackstar

on twitter people shit talking Brooks and Carlin..

:ufup

Dennis

Anybody know why Gordon Shumway got banned?

I don't think any of his last posts warrant a ban.

zepblackstar

When gaffers finally go outside to fight the power :doge

https://twitter.com/RickMeyerKSDK/status/911309743590952960

benjipwns

Quote from: Slayven
"Virtue signalling" is Alt Right code for "Folks just want brownie points".
  What the hell is up with this "Alt-Right Code" and "Alt-Right Code Deciphering" terminology craze some people are on.

Is it supposed to make a group of people sound smarter/sneakier?
This is just an update of dog whistles. Dog whistles are phrases that sound one way to everyone else but people within the treasonous gamergate group hear the actual coded message hidden behind them, you know like how a dog whistle works. Where humans hear one thing but dogs receive a secret coded message of fascist instructions. But some people are smart and learned enough (especially if they read Vox) that they can hear the dog whistle and understand the secret message embedded within for the Nazi's even though they aren't the racist dog and so then they can tell everyone else about what secret terms are actually being transmitted that only the bad people and the good but trained people hear within the words of the highly coded message. You know, like dog whistles.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Except when you're hearing the coded message of the dog whistles you sick alt-right sneak fuck.

benjipwns

Nunes should be hanging from his toes in Guantanamo for the crap I'm sure he's tied up in. That goes for anyone, Democrat or Republican, that can be bought by a foreign power.
Sorry, NeoGAF.com poster but Obama promised to close Guantanamo.

Oops.
[close]

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

when your PUBG squad lands in the quarry.

benjipwns

Bobby Roberts.

Coded The Bore dog whistle or positive feel good message for today's troubled teens?
[close]

zepblackstar

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Except when you're hearing the coded message of the dog whistles you sick alt-right sneak fuck.

code words for a certain fetish :letsfukk

benjipwns

did he trade his shoes for the bow?

also is that a mom tattoo? :heart

"don't worry guys i've got three shots..."
"which means i'll have one left over for Trump himself"
[close]
[close]

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
is he not wearing shoes to make it easier to climb trees?

tuna_love

i hope irl link isn't rocking dreads

benjipwns

:rofl

benjipwns

*files DMCA takedown request*

:doge

benjipwns

A song dedicated to the former airline captain of U.S. Airways Flight 1549 Chesley Sullenburger, who on January 15, 2009, made an emergency landing in the Hudson River after geese flew into the plane’s engines, causing them to fail. Everyone on board was successfully evacuated.
[Hook] (x3)
Real human being
And, a real hero

[Verse 2]
A pilot on a cold, cold morn'
155 people or more
All safe and all rescued
From the slowly sinking ship
Water warmer than his head so cool
In that tight bind knew what to do
And, you have proved to be
A real human being
Quote from: RustyNails
I made a dumb thank you McCain video

No seriously, he deserves props for shooting this shit down.
oh so this is that post-irony etoliate was always on about right?

Tasty

That video's ironic.

I hope.

benjipwns

Not being from RustyNails imo :lol

i dunno maybe Jack and PD differ in opinion

Boredfrom

What year is this?

benjipwns

should have linked this too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249715347&postcount=340
Quote from: EviLore
I think we've crossed the threshold of "fuck off" being the universal response for anything discussed in Off-Topic at this point.

McCain follows GOP party line --> fuck off

McCain roadblocks his own party's agenda with a dissenting vote, changing the course of history and averting a nightmarish national health care outcome --> fuck off

NeoGAF user praises McCain for saving the ACA --> fuck off

NeoGAF user praises McCain for saving the ACA, but still tells him to fuck off --> fuck off

NeoGAF user doesn't particularly care whether the ACA gets repealed or not --> fuck off

Anything short of just saying "fuck off" prompts a "fuck off."

Boredfrom

I think we've crossed the threshold of "fuck off" being the universal response for anything discussed in Off-Topic at this point.

McCain roadblocks his own party's agenda with a dissenting vote, changing the course of history and averting a nightmarish national health care outcome --> fuck off

NeoGAF user praises McCain for saving the ACA, but still tells him to fuck off --> fuck off

NeoGAF user doesn't particularly care whether the ACA gets repealed or not --> fuck off

Evilore --> Fuck Off

benjipwns

I think for me the most shocking is that there is (and could potentially still be) just under 1mil black people here in Canada. I'd move to the States but it's not like discrimination is mitigated by population.

daemon

Evilore --> Fuck Off

I would reply with "Ads off"if I still had an account there.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum

Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna get right on that.

Anyone have a link to him saying, "This is why we discuss things?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:48:19 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh