Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2178863 times)

injurai

Re: TheBore Safe Haven from GAF Alt-Right Mods - Evilore? I don't know her.
« Reply #9180 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »

Praise the heavens. Such a stupid meme but they all ran with it like crazy.

It made their witch-hunts more fun :girlaff

At the end of the day fun at any cost seemed to come first. Anything to make their digital-coil more fun, including spicing shit with flavor of the day memes. How woke.

etiolate

« Reply #9181 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
Remember when were mistaken for a black neogaf spin-off? Yeah, that's not happening ever again.

I guess we can try convincing people that JayDubya and etiolate are ho-teps.

You've been pretty bitch-made since I've been back. I have a feeling your current outlook is over compensation for your past outlook when you used to message me complaining about shit.

Some motherfuckers just can't take a joke  :trumps

Look at how JayDubya responded, learn from that.

It's more than the joke. It's the perspective of the joke and agreeing with some suspect shit.

Dougstyles

« Reply #9182 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
Listen here you fricks, I am 100% opposed to any and all racial prejudice and I will be until the day I die.

Except when it comes to those people.
~Afu

SwolDic

« Reply #9183 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »
So...it's NeoGAF?
I certainly don't think there's an academic-level of discussion at NeoGAF, but there's at least discussion.
At least discussion amongst the people all self-affirming each other, sure. You speak up on the opposite side of the argument and  you may get a few posts in until you are inevitably banned.

CrankyJay

« Reply #9184 on: October 23, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
Looks like GAF is coming back up, so if you could all form a que to the left (get it?) and exit in a safe manner. Nice seeing y'all.

As it should. The furor over what EL was accused is ridiculously overblown, so much so that I'm shocked he took the site down. Most GAF members are either indifferent to the accusation or felt it was an innoccously untoward act committed by someone naively unclear on how to conduct themselves in that kind of sexually charged situation. They just want their forum back.

You mean they want their echo-chamber back where they don't want their opinions challenged.

First, is there something inherently wrong with an "echo chamber"? Is there a problem fostering a community where rank bigotry was deem unacceptable and forbidden? Also, can you give me some examples of valid opinions that GAF refused the expression of? Or, what opinions on GAF were deemed above reproach and undeserving of challenge?

An echo chamber is wrong in the case of Gaf as actual real discussion was frowned upon unless you were on the 'right' page with the loudest voices in those threads.

While there were clear and necessary lines drawn on what was tolerable opinion on GAF, there were also differences between the likeminded. You had many more left wing members of GAF who took exception, as even I did, against the feckless liberals that sought to excuse the normalization of fascism under the guise of "free speech."

Look many of us are open minded fair people but here's the difference we don't thrown our toys out the pram if someone challenges our world or political thinking.

Fascism isn't just a challenge to my political thinking; it's an existential threat against me and my loved ones. Acting as if this is innocent forum squabbles over ideas, is dangerously naive and does a true disservice to combating the growing threat.

There used to be a time on Gaf where people of different political persuasions could actually discuss back and forth their thoughts and ideas in POLIgaf and leave maybe a bit more changed and knowledgeable on their worldview.

There also used to be a time when we wrongly believed that a fascist couldn't be elected to the highest office in the world.

Gaf became a place where some very strange people gathered who wanted any reality to be crushed and refocused to only how they saw the world.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by GAF's response to Trump and what he symbolizes, but maybe you should feel more concerned for the actual victims of these Nazis and how their violence is being slowly and methodically normalized thanks to gutless moderates crying over infringements on speech.

Admit it, "normalized" wasn't in your vocabulary until you picked it up from GAF. Are any of these talking points your own or just something you picked up elsewhere and rehash as your own?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #9185 on: October 23, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »

tummyfat

« Reply #9186 on: October 23, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
Ok, who is Swollen Bowels?

ODDS
excelsiorf
4-1

rinsfury
6-1

angelus errare
8-1

a former GAF mod
10-1

marrec
12-1

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9187 on: October 23, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
Fascism isn't just a challenge to my political thinking; it's an existential threat against me and my loved ones.
Could you please define the core tenants of fascism please. With NeoGAF.com no longer waging its lonely fight I was able to resurrect Giovanni and we can compare notes.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9188 on: October 23, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »

Look many of us are open minded fair people but here's the difference we don't thrown our toys out the pram if someone challenges our world or political thinking.

Fascism isn't just a challenge to my political thinking; it's an existential threat against me and my loved ones. Acting as if this is innocent forum squabbles over ideas, is dangerously naive and does a true disservice to combating the growing threat.

There used to be a time on Gaf where people of different political persuasions could actually discuss back and forth their thoughts and ideas in POLIgaf and leave maybe a bit more changed and knowledgeable on their worldview.

There also used to be a time when we wrongly believed that a fascist couldn't be elected to the highest office in the world.

Gaf became a place where some very strange people gathered who wanted any reality to be crushed and refocused to only how they saw the world.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by GAF's response to Trump and what he symbolizes, but maybe you should feel more concerned for the actual victims of these Nazis and how their violence is being slowly and methodically normalized thanks to gutless moderates crying over infringements on speech.

You are ADORABLE!  :delicious I want to pinch your widdle cheeks.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9189 on: October 23, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

border

« Reply #9190 on: October 23, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »
Where's this?

NeoGAF : Death of a Conversation

I can't tell if he's really salty that the forums became a success without him ("they shut me out!") or if he really just wants to make it clear that he is not at all associated with Evilore & Company.

« Reply #9191 on: October 23, 2017, 02:02:53 PM »
No, I'm "classic liberal" I guess.

I annoy all the dumb and bad people here. It doesn't really matter the topic. Before I said they misunderstood the political landscape after Trump got elected, they hated on me because I liked Guild Wars 2.

They are only following mob behavior mentality. I don't think they really know why I'm the outcast. Their idea of me is a cartoon in their head.

Or a Zoo animal.

Leadbelly

« Reply #9192 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
Malka de-modded someone and banned the editor of Cracked for merely suggesting that promoting violence in response to speech - instead of speech in response to speech - was distinguished mentally-challenged and morally repugnant.

Malka was a shit human being.

Anyone else who approves of that sentiment is an absolute shit human being.

Wow. That's the problem when people get entrentched in this type of social justice ideology: they think they hold the moral highground. Forget about 'white supremacy' this is 'moral supremacy'. They are morally superior, and this somehow gives them licence to be complete assholes.

The funny thing about this is the mod and the editor of Cracked probably agree with Tyler on 98% of things. What we are really talking about is not what goals society needs to reach, but the methods in achieving those goals.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:14:56 PM by Leadbelly »

Deavl

« Reply #9193 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
Ok, who is Swollen Bowels?

ODDS
excelsiorf
4-1

rinsfury
6-1

angelus errare
8-1

a former GAF mod
10-1

marrec
12-1

I'd have guessed CrossingEden, but i haven't seen any racism against the Japanese yet.

border

« Reply #9194 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »

1-2 minutes in....."Who is this guy, and why does he think he has some unending rivalry with NeoGAF?"

trh

« Reply #9195 on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
Turns out having Nazis openly on the streets is actually rad

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9196 on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »
All things considered I think everyone here has handled this rather well so thank you for not shitting up the place entirely too bad.

: )
fat

gfm793

« Reply #9197 on: October 23, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
GAF had some vocal antifa supporters

Apparently IrishNinja is in AntiFa, so he likely bailed when I posted Tim Pool.

Evidence? I mean he is leftist as fuck, but calling someone a domestic terrorist should at least require some proof.

injurai

« Reply #9198 on: October 23, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
All things considered I think everyone here has handled this rather well so thank you for not shitting up the place entirely too bad.

I feel when moderation isn't a tyranny people tend to choose not to shit the bed. :)

It's the shits and giggles that keep people out because they can't imagine decent people congregate elsewhere. Gotta love the bore.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9199 on: October 23, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
As a ethnic minority living outside of US, you guys certainly have a limited concept on what racism is and how it effects people. Dudes like Angelus are part of the problem.

Not sure what this has to do with my post.

Not everyone on Gaf is from US and shares the same socioeconomic status or privilege that comes from being white. There are many forms of racism that don't only focus on skin color. It's a little rich to tell someone that's it's no biggie if dudes like Angelus act like that since "you are white and never experienced racism" to a huge chunk of the worlds population.

Like, i have shit raining down  on me here despite being white and im supposed to take BCT shit on my skin color as well cause they have their own endemic issues?

Hobies cat

« Reply #9200 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »

Agreed. Any jackass can kick a barn door down.

You give AntiFa too much credit.

A barn door is like 30 years ahead of their capabilities.

One cannot be too tough when your life's new cause consists of cardboard sign carrying in a display of public ignorance at 12 and lattes by 5.

Tasty

« Reply #9201 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:07 PM »
Remember when were mistaken for a black neogaf spin-off? Yeah, that's not happening ever again.

I guess we can try convincing people that JayDubya and etiolate are ho-teps.

You've been pretty bitch-made since I've been back. I have a feeling your current outlook is over compensation for your past outlook when you used to message me complaining about shit.

Quiet, idiot. Adults are talking. :bobby

jaratesama

« Reply #9202 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:14 PM »
I cant believe it, I was banned on neogaf for have the AUDACITY to say that french toast is the best breakfast carb option. Illuminati much?

agrajag

« Reply #9203 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »
Looks like GAF is coming back up, so if you could all form a que to the left (get it?) and exit in a safe manner. Nice seeing y'all.

As it should. The furor over what EL was accused is ridiculously overblown, so much so that I'm shocked he took the site down. Most GAF members are either indifferent to the accusation or felt it was an innoccously untoward act committed by someone naively unclear on how to conduct themselves in that kind of sexually charged situation. They just want their forum back.

Evilore, come get your people

Deavl

« Reply #9204 on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »
Turns out having Nazis openly on the streets is actually rad

I mean, Hugo Boss is kinda nice

tummyfat

« Reply #9205 on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
Definitely an ex-mod

NickFire

« Reply #9206 on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
Is the statement link legit or a joke?  I keep getting bad gateway.

Dougstyles

« Reply #9207 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »
For the fifth week in a row, Swollen Bowels patrols the tiki torch aisle at Home Depot. A white man wearing khakis enters his field of view. His grip tightens on the stun gun in his pocket.

"Time to plant my flag atop the Reichstag."
~Afu

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9208 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »

Thatsthejoke.jpg

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9209 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
The statement.php page is a joke. Its just a link to a file that doesnt exist on the server.
fat

benjipwns

« Reply #9210 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
You say you don't want cross forum beef Wrath but look at what this joker is appropriating from us?
http://slaent.com/thread/1232086/page/143/post/1249869/

Consider your answer carefully before this becomes a battleground over the rising pineapple on pizza among the youth.

Tasty

« Reply #9211 on: October 23, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
You say you don't want cross forum beef Wrath but look at what this joker is appropriating from us?
http://slaent.com/thread/1232086/page/143/post/1249869/

Consider your answer carefully before this becomes a battleground over the rising pineapple on pizza among the youth.

Am I going to have to kill you too benji?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #9212 on: October 23, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

Nah it’s not real. Here’s the actual statement:

NeoGAF is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Please be patient while the site is down.

Himu

« Reply #9213 on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »
The best medium these days is to identify leftist but not actually hang out with those other leftists so the crazy doesn't rub off on you while not actually telling people besides a select few that you are leftist to avoid being labeled as a nutjob.

Play that waiting game, brehs. :doge
IYKYK

NickFire

« Reply #9214 on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
Darn it.  I've been eating just cheese and peanut butter sandwiches and needed 12000 words to read.

« Reply #9215 on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »

Hey I just take this place like I did the bungie forums circa 2007.

Point and laugh at the stupid ones and crack wise with the fun ones.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9216 on: October 23, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »
The best medium these days is to identify leftist but not actually hang out with those other leftists so the crazy doesn't rub off on you while not actually telling people besides a select few that you are leftist to avoid being labeled as a nutjob.

so what the other side did for eight years?

:ohhh

etiolate

« Reply #9217 on: October 23, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
It's more than the joke. It's the perspective of the joke and agreeing with some suspect shit.

Don't make the mistake of thinking I want to discuss bullshit like this seriously.

Here's the key: Some shit is serious and I am serious when I talk about it because it requires the ability to be serious.

And when you step into that conversation, you declare interest in the conversation, and when you try to step out with "im just joshing yall" then nobody buys that.

As well, there are violent crazy groups who target anything that gets labeled alt-right or nazi so I don't appreciate people doing that towards me.  I tried not to joke about you being a terrorist because of things like that, even though those jokes were a-ok here at the time.

tummyfat

« Reply #9218 on: October 23, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

On my browser it says "File not found"

I apologize. I didn't test my joke on multiple devices

NickFire

« Reply #9219 on: October 23, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »
Definitely an ex-mod

I'm guessing Besada fishing for voices that need to be heard on his new forum.   

Piikm

« Reply #9220 on: October 23, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
Emily Rogers is going to be admin, along with SweetNicole/Patticakes who is a trans bi woman with a lesbian partner.

That Polygon article did work

Why are there so many trans video game “personalities”?

What is the intersectionality between being picky about pronouns and seeking out the sickest switch rumors or to make indie games?

Always wanted to ask on GAF but knew I’d catch a ban.

Its not a popular opinion by any stretch but..I still think being trans is a mental health problem.
And, as we can all really know, gaming does in fact collect the largest contingency of autist/special fellow types. Shut-ins, self loathing etc..
I think its has a 'fetish' quality to it also..and..we can see the odd fetish types also drawn to gaming. Furries, guys WAY to sexually deep into cartoon characters.

Its the one thing I just gonna not get past on GAF. Sorry, its a mental illness.
Give it time and old GAF would have had you banned for being a CIS male not willing to plow a Fur suit that labeled its self a 'female-fur' even tho the guy inside had a massive dong.

Sai

« Reply #9221 on: October 23, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »

november 4th hype!!!
ilysm

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #9222 on: October 23, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
There are like 30 new pages since I went to bed last night. Any new developments?

No.

Ah, yes. Demi's about to ban us all.

Tasty

« Reply #9223 on: October 23, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
Some shit is serious and I am serious when I talk about it because it requires the ability to be serious.

Newsfeed.

Dougstyles

« Reply #9224 on: October 23, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
I cant believe it, I was banned on neogaf for have the AUDACITY to say that french toast is the best breakfast carb option. Illuminati much?

Low-carb bread soaked in egg + a few minutes in the pan + a bit of sorbitol syrup = wizardry
~Afu

injurai

« Reply #9225 on: October 23, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »

november 4th hype!!!

it's not a midterm, not much will change

stufte

« Reply #9226 on: October 23, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
There are like 30 new pages since I went to bed last night. Any new developments?

No statement, Swollen Bowels is trying to convince us that GAF was the the only thing standing between the good guys and a fascist armageddon.

benjipwns

« Reply #9227 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »
We figured out that you're duckroll.

« Reply #9228 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
As I see it
Slaent is post 2012 Neogaf with good mods
Thebore is pre 2012 Neogaf with good mods
Resetera seems to be post 2012 Neogaf with same nutty mods

« Reply #9229 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »
Emily Rogers is going to be admin, along with SweetNicole/Patticakes who is a trans bi woman with a lesbian partner.

What is the intersectionality between being picky about pronouns and seeking out the sickest switch rumors or to make indie games?

Its not a popular opinion by any stretch but..I still think being trans is a mental health problem.
And, as we can all really know, gaming does in fact collect the largest contingency of autist/special fellow types. Shut-ins, self loathing etc..
I think its has a 'fetish' quality to it also..and..we can see the odd fetish types also drawn to gaming. Furries, guys WAY to sexually deep into cartoon characters.

Its the one thing I just gonna not get past on GAF. Sorry, its a mental illness.
Give it time and old GAF would have had you banned for being a CIS male not willing to plow a Fur suit that labeled its self a 'female-fur' even tho the guy inside had a massive dong.

I mean there are several studies which show that gender is a chemical balance in your body so mental illness isn't quite the word I would chose.

injurai

« Reply #9230 on: October 23, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »
As I see it
Slaent is post 2012 Neogaf with good mods
Thebore is pre 2012 Neogaf with good mods
Resetera seems to be post 2012 Neogaf with same nutty mods

I enjoyed 2011-2012 gaf, so this makes sense.

joe_zazen

« Reply #9231 on: October 23, 2017, 02:16:17 PM »
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:30:10 AM by joe_zazen »

Sai

« Reply #9232 on: October 23, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »

november 4th hype!!!

http://www.newsweek.com/antifa-waging-civil-war-november-4-right-wing-conspiracy-theory-681219

hey please do everyone a favor and off yourself :)
ilysm

injurai

« Reply #9233 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:54 PM »

november 4th hype!!!

http://www.newsweek.com/antifa-waging-civil-war-november-4-right-wing-conspiracy-theory-681219

ah, thought you were talking about blue midterm stuff

is this sai-kun?

Sai

« Reply #9234 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:28 PM »

is this sai-kun?

no its poor grimes
ilysm

studyguy

« Reply #9235 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:54 PM »
How the fuck are all of you following all these news bits about a new site?
Outside of this site I don't see shit.

Lemme see those twitter timelines.
 :bolo
pause

etiolate

« Reply #9236 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
So is it confirmed that bans will carry over?

:lol

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #9237 on: October 23, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »

I mean there are several studies which show that gender is a chemical balance in your body so mental illness isn't quite the word I would chose.
Neurodivergent is probably a better term with less negative connotations.

But I do know of some trans individuals that say it is an illness because, if it wasn't classified as such, hormone therapy wouldn't be covered by the ACA/Obamacare.

injurai

« Reply #9238 on: October 23, 2017, 02:19:15 PM »

is this sai-kun?

no its poor grimes

was going to say, you don't come off like sai-kun at all.

Hobies cat

« Reply #9239 on: October 23, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »

No statement, Swollen Bowels is trying to convince us that GAF was the the only thing standing between the good guys and a fascist armageddon.

That is because it requires persons such as himself, enlightened beings that exist on a high plane of intellect and moral comprehension to guide us poor heathen masses to a better place. In our ignorance we just do not grasp what is best for us so those like him offer to do so in our stead. Please oh please wipe the blindness from my eyes!!!!!

Idiots.