Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2123303 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2460 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:49 PM »
:nerds

I'm taking a trip to my local arcade this week. I have been polishing off Outrun on Yakuza 0 lately for this. The goal is to beat the game on the hardest route. It's been a while since I've used the arcade machine which is noticeably different than using a controller so I'm not sure it's going to be easy. I am going to try to master most of the games at that arcade rather than buy new games that aren't fighters or hard games like Cuphead. :rejoice I have bought a monthly pass and can't wait. The ultimate goal is to 1 credit Ghost N Goblins arcade.
IYKYK

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2461 on: November 14, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »
i am tempted to make a new topic in the gaming forum

too late i am working on it

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45258.0

agrajag

« Reply #2462 on: November 14, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gal-gadots-views-on-israel-palestine-your-thoughts.5914/page-19

They're literally eating themselves. Calling each other neonazis and it comes to even Exelciorlef being the last wall of defense against the virtue signal gone awry

:neogaf

agrajag

« Reply #2463 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »

I'm taking a trip to my local arcade this week. I have been polishing off Outrun on Yakuza 0 lately for this. The goal is to beat the game on the hardest route. It's been a while since I've used the arcade machine which is noticeably different than using a controller so I'm not sure it's going to be easy. I am going to try to master most of the games at that arcade rather than buy new games that aren't fighters or hard games like Cuphead. :rejoice I have bought a monthly pass and can't wait. The ultimate goal is to 1 credit Ghost N Goblins arcade.

where do you live that they have "local arcades?" Sry, not trying to doxx, just that here arcades are but a faint memory, unless you count dave and busters

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2464 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
I only got about halfway through P5 and stopped because I hated the dungeons and had zero interest in seeing whatever gimmicks the dungeons had in store for me going forward.
I'll force my way through it but right now I'm at the pyramid. I was like "Why does this game feel like such a slog? I platinumed Dragon Quest Builders and never felt weary of it." Then I looked at my play time and it was something like 52 hours. I'm guessing I might be about halfway. That's ridiculous.
que

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #2465 on: November 14, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gal-gadots-views-on-israel-palestine-your-thoughts.5914/page-19

They're literally eating themselves. Calling each other neonazis and it comes to even Exelciorlef being the last wall of defense against the virtue signal gone awry

No one actually responded to my post and I spent so much time on it.

« Reply #2466 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »

:rejoice

Back when you could play a JRPG and it didn't take 25 hours for the actual "game" to start. Fuck that hand holding dog shit.The black cat Morgana is the worst Persona character of all time.

When's the last time you've played the beginning of P3?  It's not a fast starter, and you are severely limited your first time in tartarus.  It's not an FFXIII situation, but it's still a good few hours of putzing around and expository stuff before you get to the main game loop.

Himu

« Reply #2467 on: November 14, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »

where do you live that they have "local arcades?" Sry, not trying to doxx, just that here arcades are but a faint memory, unless you count dave and busters

A big city *should* have at least a classic arcade with a bunch of single player game cabs and pinball machines. Places like Dallas and ABQ got Round 1. It's tough if you're a fighting game player as the arcades we're talking about don't foster a good environment for competition but we're just talking about single player games so that's less of an obstacle. Although those games have a competitive element, it's completely separate from the actual game and you can create a goal of "I'm going to 1 credit this" rather than play for score.

I dunno, if you live in a city google your city and then arcade and go through the list and filter out the shit like dave and busters and find a legit arcade.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2468 on: November 14, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »

Back when you could play a JRPG and it didn't take 25 hours for the actual "game" to start. Fuck that hand holding dog shit.The black cat Morgana is the worst Persona character of all time.

When's the last time you've played the beginning of P3?  It's not a fast starter, and you are severely limited your first time in tartarus.  It's not an FFXIII situation, but it's still a good few hours of putzing around and expository stuff before you get to the main game loop.

P3's intro is 3-4 hours long before you get to the actual game. After that it certainly doesn't block you Morgana style.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2469 on: November 14, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
P3's dungeons suck and not having control over your allies in combat sucks. Other than that, it's pretty good.
dog

Himu

« Reply #2470 on: November 14, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
I like the fatigue system
IYKYK

« Reply #2471 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »

P3's intro is 3-4 hours long before you get to the actual game. After that it certainly doesn't block you Morgana style.

That bad eh?  I haven't got to my copy yet.  I am finishing up Nights in Azure before swapping over to .Hack//GU.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2472 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:06 PM »
Persona is very much like final fantasy in that I’ve never played one or desired to

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2473 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »

You know Resetti, she really is the Wonder Woman.

Himu

« Reply #2474 on: November 14, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »

That bad eh?  I haven't got to my copy yet.  I am finishing up Nights in Azure before swapping over to .Hack//GU.

Let's just say this. The cat blocks you from doing things/making choices and the game is on literal rails for nearly 20-25 hours. It fully embraces the VN style. RPG? My ass.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #2475 on: November 14, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »
P3's dungeons suck and not having control over your allies in combat sucks. Other than that, it's pretty good.

No 3 sucks just like 4 sucks.

5 is legit and the super weebs just can't admit that their favorite waifu is stuck in an inferior game.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2476 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
don't do it, dude. i get the guy was a total asshole but it's not worth associating with filth

There's nothing to worry about. I'm not inhumane or anything. Don't really want to associate with him further than gaging his reaction.
I mean, your heart is in the right place, but reserve your sympathies for someone who deserves it. Ami is a dirtbag.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2477 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »
Digital Devil Saga is the only Persona game I really enjoyed.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2478 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »
jewish people can't be called scum? not saying she is, just asking

ResetEra in crisis and all it took was one sweet Israeli :putin

ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2479 on: November 14, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
The ultimate goal is to 1 credit Ghost N Goblins arcade.

You are completely out of your mind.
rub

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2480 on: November 14, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »
I did it the first time through, but not the second time through.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2481 on: November 14, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

So... Jews did it?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #2482 on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »

So... Jews did it?

:jeanluc

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2484 on: November 14, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »

So... Jews did it?

©ZH

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2485 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=253018315

I’ll give it a pass because I want Samoa Joe to piledrive fuck me into the ground.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #2487 on: November 14, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
I mean with GAF/ResetERA's favorite woman's march leader heading up an antisemitism panel, I'm not at all shocked that they'd actively hate Jews.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/249390/the-new-school-invites-linda-sarsour-to-lead-panel-on-anti-semitism

Raist

« Reply #2488 on: November 14, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »
This is something I noticed in both movies, BTW I apologize if this has already been brought up in another thread.
Obviously there are minorities in the cast like Gaff, Chew, that Somali pirate guy....but all the Replicants seem to be white.
I was just wondering if this is some deliberate artistic choice by the directors in depicting the "dystopia" of these future societies (ie they are still pretty racist and "whiteness" is still worshipped), rather than actual discrimination. So are all the Replicants made to look as Aryan as possible on purpose? Did any of the directors make any comments about this?

I'm sure having what are essentially dystopian future slaves portrayed by black actors would have gone extremely well :lol

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2489 on: November 14, 2017, 03:38:30 PM »

Is the lady in your avatar a Jew? I'd like to put my penis in her mouth regardless.

Raist

« Reply #2490 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »

:dead

Eteric

« Reply #2491 on: November 14, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »
So they seem to be triggered by the "It's okay to be white" thing.

Should be fun to read.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #2492 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »

Should be fun to read.

of course they are. the recent equating of "white" to "racist oppression" makes it easy to find those posters problematic.

Jansen

« Reply #2493 on: November 14, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
Bryan Cranston is newest cumquad shake

https://www.resetera.com/posts/957675/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #2494 on: November 14, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
Bryan Cranston is newest cumquad shake

https://www.resetera.com/posts/957675/

Well, of course they lose their shit. He said something reasonable and grounded.

Jansen

« Reply #2495 on: November 14, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/958320/

I like how the truth comes directly after slayvens kneejerk

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2496 on: November 14, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/958320/

I like how the truth comes directly after slayvens kneejerk

Why are you defending duckshake milk Bryan Cranston? Seems pretty suspect to me. :thinking
©@©™

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2497 on: November 14, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
Are there any celebrities that aren't milkfuck cumducks? If we can't trust the random people who play pretend for our entertainment, who can we truly believe in?!

:stahp

Jansen

« Reply #2498 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »
What can I say I'm a big fan of meth and zordon

Raist

« Reply #2499 on: November 14, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
Some motherfuckers are always trying to make a duck milk shake.

Novid

« Reply #2500 on: November 14, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
That Gadot thread is really turning amazing. :lol

no one in hollywood is ever gonna be affected in any way for being pro-israeli.
But why? Hollywood is very liberal and most hardcore liberals dislike Israel.
you would be shocked how that is not the case

etiolate

« Reply #2501 on: November 14, 2017, 04:26:49 PM »
It's sad how effective the "it's okay to be white" flyers are.

Billy Big Bollocks

« Reply #2502 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
if there are any criminal investigations going on for those two currently, then that comment by Cranston could be a little silly. Still not enough to immediately make him a rimshake fuck though.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2503 on: November 14, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
The Cranston thread is a good look at gaf 2.0 in action, 2nd grade reading comprehension, moronic hot takes and all
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:51:50 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

injurai

« Reply #2504 on: November 14, 2017, 04:48:27 PM »
GAF/RE prefer forums and Twitter over sites like reddit because you can peacock your pet causes better if you have a big avatar saying RESIST or a picture of a famous rapper to let minorities know you're one of the good whites or maybe a picture of an executive of your favorite corporation so you can show fealty to them.

On reddit, you just have a username and you need to actually be funny or interesting or have some worthwhile information to get upvoted.

How true this is. Far too many people end up living through a persona.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2505 on: November 14, 2017, 05:05:53 PM »
if there are any criminal investigations going on for those two currently, then that comment by Cranston could be a little silly. Still not enough to immediately make him a rimshake fuck though.

Not even then.  He said it would take a lot of time and a lot of contrition and would have to be on a case by case basis for any wrongdoer (wasn't targeting those two specifically).  And even after all that he said "maybe."  It's the mildest statement a person could make with the most caveats.

"sometimes some people can be forgiven for bad things I guess"

Next I want to see some other actor come out and say "maybe someday if Cranston is really contrite about his comments offering forgiveness, maybe we can all eventually learn to forgive him" and then that guy can be added to the shitlist too.
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #2506 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
The real problem with the Cranston comment is that it’s too long to retweet or stick in a tumblr friendly gif. Thus it is a bad statement, does not fit the constraints!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2507 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
Man, I love this site. Thank you Slayven for the explanation. You obviously gave Jade a chance to refine her (?) position in a way to get things back on track but chose not to do so.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/961136/

sigh

tummyfat

« Reply #2508 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
How can they not the see the obvious bait in being offended by a sign saying "It's okay to be white"

All you have to do is ignore it - and yet, they can't.

injurai

« Reply #2509 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:59 PM »
No clue what that ban is about,

but now that bans are out in the open the mods can proclaim to the world the inner machinations of their hand of justice. Resetera will bootlick at every tell-all that the mods drop at their feet.

EightBitNate

« Reply #2510 on: November 14, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »

Should be fun to read.

I just want to know why it’s ok to throw blanket statements on white people only. “White people are always trying to play victim.” Replace “white” with literally any other race and you’d get dogpiled.

stufte

« Reply #2511 on: November 14, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »

Should be fun to read.

I just want to know why it’s ok to throw blanket statements on white people only. “White people are always trying to play victim.” Replace “white” with literally any other race and you’d get dogpiled.

Because people like them have shaped a narrative to give themselves the freedom to be complete assholes and call it "progressive". They get to (currently) be racist and feel righteously justified in their hatred.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2513 on: November 14, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »
Just me and 💰💕EA💕💰, hanging out I wanted some Star Wars🌟 so I started to pout 😞 He asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy 😍🍆 and I asked what and he said he'd give me his 💰💦looties!💦💰 Yeah! Yeah!💕💦 I earn them!💦 I buy them!💦 I purchase them whole💦💰 😍 It makes 💰💘EA💘💰 😊happy😊 so it's my only goal... 💕💦😫Harder EA! Harder EA! 😫💦💕 1 lootie💦, 2 lootie💦💦, 3 lootie💦💦💦, 4💦💦💦💦 I'm 💰💘EA's💘💰 👑Disney princess 👑but I'm also a consumer whore! 💟 He makes me OP💗!He makes me feel good💜! 💘💘💘He makes me feel everything a whale should!~ 💘💘💘 👑💦💘Wa-What!💘💦👑

:dead

EightBitNate

« Reply #2514 on: November 14, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Knew this would happen the second Slayven was named mod. Really, who looked at that his post history and thought this guy seems level-headed?

stufte

« Reply #2515 on: November 14, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
This is my shocked face that a forum run by ex GAFfers would turn into the same fucking thing in short order.

etiolate

« Reply #2516 on: November 14, 2017, 05:51:59 PM »
I love their idea that the GAF community was great and worth saving, but you can't ever bring up that Reset is a GAF community.

thetylerrob

« Reply #2517 on: November 14, 2017, 05:56:53 PM »
As long as people like this keep their antics to putting up corny fliers, I just pity them for their malfunctioning minds.

When they start holding rallies, the pity turns to vigilance

:badass

nudemacusers

« Reply #2518 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
This forum is called resetera, as we wanted to start fresh and hit ‘reset’ on the community. Which community you ask? None. There was no community.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #2519 on: November 14, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
ERA mods demonstrating that they have thinner skin than evilore :neogaf