Author Topic: The Intellectual Wank Dad [ ot ] jordan peterson Jordan Peterson JORDAN PETERSON  (Read 204887 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
At least etiolate came up with interesting narratives like . . . Mandark being responsible for holodomor.

It was pretty old hat, tbh.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
edit> that's too harsh. i've been drinking.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
props to assimilate for showing some restraint
每天生气

Nola

Quote from: Assimilate
Let me do a little "care post" truth telling about myself, or my back ground to this place and GAF.

I used to post on GAF simply for 1 video game i was passionate about at the time. I never considered myself a true "gamer" per se, but i was addicted to this one game and the devs posted on GAF. That's why i was part of it for a very brief period of time. I stuck to one thread, that games thread, for a long long time until i started to notice the bat shit insanity of the off topics thread. I couldn't believe there was this large swath of people that thought like that. It was bananas. Of course i'd push back on the horrible narratives i saw only to eventually be ousted for wrong think. Oh well.

Years later GAF implodes. I find The Bore, a place i thought was about just laughing at the ridiculousness of GAF/Ree with calibrated functioning members of society from the earlier years of GAF.  I was wrong. Dead wrong.  :doge

Most of you, i'd say 90% of you are disgruntled socially awkward manchildren that yearn to be included in that community. That's why most of you think and act very similar to that type of toxicity.  Seriously, most of you are totally fucked.

I feel like it has become a good rule of thumb that if Assimilate passionately generalizes or accuses other people of something, they are things he is doing to an equal or greater degree. Often simultaneously. Like every time.

In that sense, and pretty much only that sense, I do think he is an heir to etiolate.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I feel like it has become a good rule of thumb that if Assimilate passionately generalizes or accuses other people of something, they are things he is doing to an equal or greater degree. Often simultaneously. Like every time.
I don't think so but ok.

Tasty

Users can only like a post one time idiot.

Dude...

EDiT: some of you honestly concern me.

Fuck you whore.

seagrams hotsauce

what game was it

agrajag

Funnily enough, that edit can serve to explain most of his posts.

shosta

Operant conditioning, guys. I appreciate when assimilate tones it down and acts like a decent person. In fact I'm taking him off my ignore list now. One love.
每天生气

El Babua

I'd rather have guys like Assimilate or Etiolate here, provided he doesn't post dead kids, than not. Considering how terrible traffic here is already, it's good to have some activity.  :doge

Him just taking the comment of gay marriage being a cultural marxist plot at face value is the best part.
Why is it so hard for you guys to actually LISTEN. It blows my fucking mind.

The question to Peterson went "...i'm against gay marriage BUT ONLY because it's backed by cultural marxist" in which Peterson responds "i would to be against it if it were backed by cultural marxists"

Years of reading hot takes has fried your brains. This is why every time i open up something like Apple News it's nothing but hot takes and catchy tag lines to pull you into the article... they know you won't read the fucking thing, they just want the clicks.

Yes, Peterson did say that he wouldn't accept gay marriage if it was a cultural marxist plot that was my point. Anything he's against he decides to put in that umbrella no matter what his definition of it is on any given day. He still hasn't decided where to place gay marriage yet according to the video as you've kindly pointed out.

And we're laughing at the notion of Cultural Marxism and Peterson's adamant belief in it. Considering his understanding of both culture, or Marx are about as deep as your average libertarian philosophy undergrad. (apologies to Benji-kun)

If it's the "left's trying to rebuild society in their image" is your interpretation, go ahead. It's not like it's an original Peterson idea that hasn't popped up for the last century and a half, and under more nefarious presumptions.

what game was it

Probably Gaylo

deepest throat

seagrams hotsauce

hey cool now we have cth lite clips itt CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
REMINDER THAT THIS IS WHAT CRETINS LIKE CURLY AND MANDARK SUPPORT:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:55:55 PM by benjipwns »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I'd rather have guys like Assimilate or Etiolate here, provided he doesn't post dead kids, than not. Considering how terrible traffic here is already, it's good to have some activity.  :doge

Him just taking the comment of gay marriage being a cultural marxist plot at face value is the best part.
Why is it so hard for you guys to actually LISTEN. It blows my fucking mind.

The question to Peterson went "...i'm against gay marriage BUT ONLY because it's backed by cultural marxist" in which Peterson responds "i would to be against it if it were backed by cultural marxists"

Years of reading hot takes has fried your brains. This is why every time i open up something like Apple News it's nothing but hot takes and catchy tag lines to pull you into the article... they know you won't read the fucking thing, they just want the clicks.

Yes, Peterson did say that he wouldn't accept gay marriage if it was a cultural marxist plot that was my point. Anything he's against he decides to put in that umbrella no matter what his definition of it is on any given day. He still hasn't decided where to place gay marriage yet according to the video as you've kindly pointed out.

And we're laughing at the notion of Cultural Marxism and Peterson's adamant belief in it. Considering his understanding of both culture, or Marx are about as deep as your average libertarian philosophy undergrad. (apologies to Benji-kun)

If it's the "left's trying to rebuild society in their image" is your interpretation, go ahead. It's not like it's an original Peterson idea that hasn't popped up for the last century and a half, and under more nefarious presumptions.

what game was it

Probably Gaylo
I'm not well versed in Marxism but i'd tend to lean towards a guy that was employed by Harvard University, a tenured professor at Toronto University for many years and wrote about 20th century oppression most of his life. I mean, call me crazy

:idont

And Nola you're a real cocksucker. I edited a post and you decide to post it anyways. But what can i expect from you, yeah? No class.

seagrams hotsauce

lol you fuckin dummy pussy. what was the game pusssybitch

shosta

Gorbachev is a pizza eating traitor.
每天生气

Nola

And Nola you're a real cocksucker. I edited a post and you decide to post it anyways. But what can i expect from you, yeah? No class.

Remember the time I said that there is a 100% chance that anything Assimilate accuses others of are merely things he does himself?

Like saying how others lack class while in the same breathe calling someone a cocksucker because he kept a quote in where you called the entire board a bunch of disgruntled, toxic, socially maladapted man children(which is nothing new for you, personal insults are about your only currency in interactions here)...Which ironically, those labels also describe most of your behavior around here.

Tasty

:stop MARXISM  :stop

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Unless you understand where the guy is coming from everything may sound weird to YOUR specific viewpoint.

lol you don't believe this and you're not gonna read his dumb books

I kinda like the first one.

" The  prison  was  full  of  murderers,  rapists,  and  armed robbers. I ended up in the gym, near the weight room, on my first reconnaissance. I was wearing a  long  wool  cape, circa 1890,  which  I  had  bought  in  Portugal,  and  a  pair  of  tall  leather  boots."

"Some of the courses I was attending at this time were taught in large lecture theaters, where the students were  seated  in  descending  rows,  row  after  row.  In  one  of  these  courses  –  Introduction  to  Clinical  Psychology,  appropriately  enough  –  I  experienced  a  recurrent  compulsion.  I  would  take  my  seat  behind  some  unwitting  individual  and  listen  to  the  professor  speak.  At  some  point  during  the  lecture,  I  would  unfailingly feel the urge to stab the point of my pen into the neck of the person in front of me."

Oblivion

Reminder: the guy who was smart enough to teach at Harvard thinks that women haven't been oppressed throughout history because there were queens in England.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Don't make Benji get out the king and witch quote.

Edit: Trying to read his shit first book while half drunk is fucking killing me. He talks about being agnostic and then mentions he painted a crucified Jesus covered in snakes while dealing with his depression. I'm basically laughing non-stop at this garbage.

"I  took  a  canvas 
board and some paints. I sketched a harsh, crude picture of a crucified Christ – glaring and demonic – with
a  cobra  wrapped  around  his  naked  waist,  like  a  belt.  The  picture  disturbed  me  –  struck  me,  despite  my 
agnosticism, as sacrilegious"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Just noticed this thread was still going on, omg what the fuck is this thread even anymore lmao

Oblivion

Just noticed this thread was still going on, omg what the fuck is this thread even anymore lmao

I mean, JPee just gave an AMA, dude. Not sure why you think people are just randomly posting here. :yeshrug

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

Assimilate annihilated

:yeshrug

did you even read that or just the headline? there was nothing there.

agrajag

Nothing there much like Jordan Peterson's trash writing/lectures

:yeshrug

shosta

Momo randomly decides what he likes people discussing and not discussing. Why? I have no idea. At least when I do so it's in the GAF thread where no one can blame me. Nobody but myself, at least.
Momo's posts are perfectly logical. Don't speak to me or my dad ever again.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Momo randomly decides what he likes people discussing and not discussing. Why? I have no idea. At least when I do so it's in the GAF thread where no one can blame me. Nobody but myself, at least.
You dont have to read any of my posts, yet you do. Baah when I do it it's okay  :foodcourt

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Per usual, you're a cunt, like I have no idea why you're even @ing me with your problems.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
You mad? You keep posting how you're bewildered we keep posting here, yet you also keep posting. So take a chill pill or shut the fuck up.
:girlaff :crowdlaff :umad

shosta

I mean Momo's right, this thread is just kind of a jerking off session now. Also it was just a casual observation, he wasn't insulting people in here, but exo acting hella mad as usual for no reason
每天生气

agrajag

Jordan Peterson is tearing us apart!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I mean Momo's right, this thread is just kind of a jerking off session now. Also it was just a casual observation, he wasn't insulting people in here, but exo acting hella mad as usual for no reason
Not so much the jerking off session, I mean it was since page 1, more that you guys would be willing to have multi page arguments with Assimilate's ass has me rofling, but ya Exo's had a bug up his ass about me for a while now (maybe not just me  :yeshrug ) cant really say I care though.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Exodust probably just got sand in his vagina cause he lives in a desert. Cut him some slack.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I don't like sand :(

Oblivion

I mean, I guess I just don't really understand what the complaint here is, exactly.

- Is it that because etoilet is dead, and he created this thread, it's wrong to continue posting in here without him?
- Is it that we should continue this thread but stop talking about JP specifically?
- Is it that this topic in general shouldn't exist at all?

Nola

It's only now a jerking off session?  :gurl

As much as he would profess(but incapable of) his capacity for objectivity and reason, etiolate tried to run this thread like a fan club and would get pissy like a child if anyone wasn't gurgling whatever faux intellectual spunk Peterson was spitting out at the moment. Best demonstrated by trying to spam dead children to shut down a path of disagreement about the level of responsibility Marxism deserves in relation to the horrors of Stalinism, which he couldn't handle addressing like a grown up.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though even I, who struggles finding a poster I won't care post with, can't find the appeal in engaging Assimilate anymore. He's just a walking caricature and completely incapable of operating above entry level troll...though at the same time I do enjoy seeing people shit on him, so whatevs.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:04:40 PM by Nola »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Reminder: the guy who was smart enough to teach at Harvard thinks that women haven't been oppressed throughout history because there were queens in England.
Can you show me this conversation? From my understanding of his viewpoint it's that he believes everyone has been oppressed through history and women haven't been oppressed that much more than men, in general.

Men would die by the thousands during wars, while women were hidden. But then again women were raped, and taken from their homes. It seems Peterson pushes back on the narratives he believes is trying to rewrite history as a male vs female oppression when history is brutal to everyone.

And i tend to agree with him. What's with this push to rewrite everything as if it's a gender thing? You must have noticed this, right?

Oh yeah, so mad. So mad in fact that I told someone calling me a cunt to take a chill pill.

Not my fault he caught feelings.
Chill your Unibrow down.

seagrams hotsauce

spill it. name the game ya bitch

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
get pissy like a child if anyone wasn't gurgling whatever faux intellectual
I find it funny how the radical left constantly do this.  Everyone is a 'faux intellectual' or a 'stupid man's smart person' or 'pseudo-intellectual'  when you don't agree with him. Kay, so whose not in your eyes? Every time i see this it's always followed by that person(s) posting an article from some shitty 'journalist' or a fucking Social Studies Warrior. Peterson being such a 'faux intellectual' he sure is taking down a lot of fucking challengers lol.

You guys only post click bait. You losers have NOTHING. You're all foaming at the mouth for someone to legitimately take this guy down or wait until he fucks up. It's pathetic.

spill it. name the game ya bitch

:crowdlaff

beaks thinks i'm going to purposely dox myself. i've already said enough.

Oblivion

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though even I, who struggles finding a poster I won't care post with, can't find the appeal in engaging Assimilate anymore. He's just a walking caricature and completely incapable of operating above entry level troll...though at the same time I do enjoy seeing people shit on him, so whatevs.
[close]

Yeah, Assimilate's managed to accomplish this weird feat where his posts seem awful enough that you wouldn't notice anything was different, yet somehow simultaneously appear both exaggerated and disingenuous.

He's like Schroedinger's chud.

curly

• cultural maoist
coward momo at it again

Tasty

Children, behave.

seagrams hotsauce

doxxing lol dude you're naming a game, not posting your address and ssn. no one is going to google any shit you post about yourself cuz no one fuckin cares who you are. you're just kinda some boring dipshit

name the game biiiiaatch. you won't because you're terrified of sharing even the name of a video game, on a videogame offshoot board no one reads, cuz you're an colossal insecure pussy. but you should cuz it's literally the only interesting thing about you

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
doxxing lol dude you're naming a game, not posting your address and ssn. no one is going to google any shit you post about yourself cuz no one fuckin cares who you are. you're just kinda some boring dipshit

name the game biiiiaatch. you won't because you're terrified of sharing even the name of a video game, on a videogame offshoot board no one reads, cuz you're an colossal insecure pussy. but you should cuz it's literally the only interesting thing about you

:money

the smell of fresh angry beak.

seagrams hotsauce

Oblivion

What this "game" reference you guys keep making?  :doge

agrajag

Assimilate posted a long life story post, which he subsequently deleted because he is a pussy (but not before the good Nola quoted and replied to it) where he detailed his history on GAF and how he used to only post in OT thread of some X-Box game or some shit.

Tasty

Lol I thought Assy was actually worthwhile and had worked on a game or something lmao

seagrams hotsauce

Quote from: Assimilate
Let me do a little "care post" truth telling about myself, or my back ground to this place and GAF.

I used to post on GAF simply for 1 video game i was passionate about at the time. I never considered myself a true "gamer" per se, but i was addicted to this one game and the devs posted on GAF. That's why i was part of it for a very brief period of time. I stuck to one thread, that games thread, for a long long time until i started to notice the bat shit insanity of the off topics thread. I couldn't believe there was this large swath of people that thought like that. It was bananas. Of course i'd push back on the horrible narratives i saw only to eventually be ousted for wrong think. Oh well.

Years later GAF implodes. I find The Bore, a place i thought was about just laughing at the ridiculousness of GAF/Ree with calibrated functioning members of society from the earlier years of GAF.  I was wrong. Dead wrong.  :doge

Most of you, i'd say 90% of you are disgruntled socially awkward manchildren that yearn to be included in that community. That's why most of you think and act very similar to that type of toxicity.  Seriously, most of you are totally fucked.

In that sense, and pretty much only that sense, I do think he is an heir to etiolate.

^

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Assimilate posted a long life story post, which he subsequently deleted because he is a pussy (but not before the good Nola quoted and replied to it) where he detailed his history on GAF and how he used to only post in OT thread of some X-Box game or some shit.
Nah, i just felt i was being too mean.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I can't tell if that's a joke or not. 

benjipwns

THESE ARE THE CONSEQUENCES THAT TRUE COWARDS AND OPPONENTS OF JORDAN PETERSON LIKE CURLY AND MANDARK AND BENJI DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE

THIS IS WHAT MARX WROTE IN THE MANIFESTO SO IT WAS FOLLOWED TO DISASTER

WATCH THE MODERATORS TRY TO SILENCE ME FOR BRINGING THE REALITY OF HUMANITY INTO THE DISCUSSION

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Who had "Khrushchevite" in the "what line will benji take?" pool? Come get your corn coins.

benjipwns

The previous benji period was a mistake that did little more than promote a cult of personality to cover for violent purges of internal demons. I had a thousand times more demons inside me than you could ever hold onto and pick a timing to present to me with any effect. I don't have anything to be afraid of anymore. I chased down the monsters I saw everywhere until there was only evidence of one invisible selfish manipulator pulling the strings...wherever I was standing. Dozens and dozens of observational errors I caught myself in and pursued relentlessly instead of running away from like I was was compelled to by the rigid structures. Nothing could stop me if I truly wanted it, not even myself. I demanded to know the truth of myself and was willing to die. It has been incredibly challenging, but I am newly at peace and don't feel afraid for everyone else's safety anymore by existing. It was extremely challenging to arrive here. It still seems impossible in hindsight but a happy miracle to live to see.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
climax, then anagnorisis? oh, this thread delivers. praise the cognitive caresses of our daddy.
duc

agrajag

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

u tried

team filler

• filler
  • filler