Author Topic: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream  (Read 187473 times)

agrajag

Re: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »
 :badass

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »
Just got back from a brunch. Shit is so overpriced. We spent like $180 between four of us. Could have bought a bottle of tequila and all the Bloody Mary ingredients and some dope breakfast ingredients for like $50.

Remington pretending he has friends

:aweshum

Nola

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
How often has all that hate and bitterness actually made you feel happier in your life Assimilate?

agrajag

« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2018, 07:15:22 PM »
 :badass

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »
How often has all that hate and bitterness actually made you feel happier in your life Assimilate?

Often

:win

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »
Just got back from a brunch. Shit is so overpriced. We spent like $180 between four of us. Could have bought a bottle of tequila and all the Bloody Mary ingredients and some dope breakfast ingredients for like $50.

Remington pretending he has friends

:aweshum

Ask Bebpo or tiesto who they would rather hang out with.

Nintendo.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »
The people who go completely in the other direction to “I don’t care or want to fight for anything” are a bigger problem.

It's ok if they're truly committed to this point of view, because then when you call them on it they won't put up a fight defending it.
Uncle

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
The people who go completely in the other direction to “I don’t care or want to fight for anything” are a bigger problem.

It's ok if they're truly committed to this point of view, because then when you call them on it they won't put up a fight defending it.

But they almost always do in my experience

Propagandhim

« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »

To be fair, you only seem to be interested in fighting for causes that you, personally, are a representative sample of. 

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »
it all comes back to mike judge. what would mike judge say about it? how would he work this sticky wicket of societal conflict into a king of the hill storyline, how would they resolve and come to terms with it without entirely surrendering who they are?

because that is almost always the universally correct answer.

the day the bloke shuffles off this mortal coil i'm starting a church.

hampster

Zzz

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/03/21/425573955/white-skin-black-emojis

I can't use half the smilies here :(

You just thinking about it makes you racist. Way to show your true lack of color.

marrec

venereology

« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2018, 10:07:51 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/03/21/425573955/white-skin-black-emojis

I can't use half the smilies here :(

so when there were only yellow emoji they were racist because white people used them and because white people are yellow on the simpsons and there were definitely no yellow smiley faces before the simpsons, right

Cream

« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »

To be fair, you only seem to be interested in fighting for causes that you, personally, are a representative sample of.

I fight against pro-life despite not being able to give birth. I fight for veterans rights despite having no family in the military and hating war. The things I fight for benefit everyone who isn’t a horrible bigot.

I’m not saying I’m a saint but I regularly get stopped by people that want me to buy them something or give them a few bucks, and I almost always do. I grew up in Baltimore surrounded by poverty and instead of regressing into apathy, I decided to fight.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #315 on: March 21, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
The different skin color emoji thing is the perfect encapsulation of SJW madness inspired political correctness.

It's a yellow face, you bunch of fragile fucks. It's not white. Hell, if anything the Asians should've been offended.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #316 on: March 21, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
The different skin color emoji thing is the perfect encapsulation of Social Studies Warrior madness inspired political correctness.

It's a yellow face, you bunch of fragile fucks. It's not white. Hell, if anything the Asians should've been offended.

The smilies were yellow, but the emojis of people were all white. They changed those to yellow by default when they added the skin color options.

marrec

« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
The different skin color emoji thing is the perfect encapsulation of Social Studies Warrior madness inspired political correctness.

Legit I think it was more a representation thing. People wanted emojis that would represent their skin color.

Like, how is that a "perfect encapsulation of [...] madness", the adults weren't claiming the yellow emoji was racist or anything. Just that a lack of representation was wrong.

How does it hurt you that they included normal skin colors in emojis?

Also, Cream - shut the fuck up and leave. You're mentally ill. Seek help.

Y'all would think sincerity and caring = mentally ill lmao

daemon

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »

Legit I think it was more a representation thing. People wanted emojis that would represent their skin color.

Like, how is that a "perfect encapsulation of [...] madness", the adults weren't claiming the yellow emoji was racist or anything. Just that a lack of representation was wrong.

Because now we have people losing their shit over (white) people sending emojis that don't match their skin color, calling it insensitive at best and insinuating or accusing them of being racist at worst.

marrec

« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »

Because now we have people losing their shit over (white) people sending emojis that don't match their skin color, calling it insensitive at best and insinuating or accusing them of being racist at worst.

I mean, a very small percentage of people are gunna lose their shit over lots of things so that's the first thing you gotta get over.

More importantly though, it is a conversation that should take place. Like, you have to actively choose to send a black emoji, you're making some kind of statement there. Nobody is suggesting that we make it illegal for white people to send black emojis, but racial insensitivity doesn't just manifest in real life, it can manifest on the internet too. There's nothing extreme about that Code Switch post, I think it's a measured look at this kind of thing.

I mean, y'all already talked to death about this, I just wanted to point out that emoji representation isn't madness. Being incensed over people talking about emoji representation is a little extreme though.

tummyfat

« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:32 AM »
When I think of Cream 'sincere' isn't the first word that comes to mind considering he's the biggest troll on RE

marrec probably posts on coli and uses black emoi.

RACIST.

samir

« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
marrec, you are mentally ill. Please seek professional help.

marrec

« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
marrec, you are mentally ill. Please seek professional help.

I do talk therapy twice a month, it ain't something I'm ashamed of. I think everyone should do preventative mental health screenings... especially people who get riled up by social studies warriors.

When I think of Cream 'sincere' isn't the first word that comes to mind considering he's the biggest troll on RE

marrec probably posts on coli and uses black emoi.

RACIST.

Nah, why on earth would I do that?

tummyfat

« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
"Ya'll shouldn't be appropriatin' dem emojis mah niccas" - marrec probably

marrec

« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2018, 11:07:53 AM »

Y'all know I say y'all cause I'm from New Mexico right?

tummyfat

« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »

It's not your word. Let them have it and stop being racist

This map shows that New Mexico isn't y'all country anyway

BisMarckie

« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »

:drudge :dolezal :drudge

marrec

« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »

It's not your word. Let them have it and stop being racist

This map shows that New Mexico isn't YA'LL country anyway

Man, that map is 100% wrong, East NM is totally y'all country.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
as someone currently in new mexico, y'all can go fuck yourselves

marrec

« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »
as someone currently in new mexico, y'all can go fuck yourselves

I'm terribly sorry that explains where all the anger is coming from

Cream

« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2018, 11:13:24 AM »

Hey! Another racist on the bore. Shocker

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2018, 11:15:51 AM »
Thanks TwoBitNate, I blame you for all this shit.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »

Explain how that was racist without giving a snarky "well if you can't see how that's racist you're part of the problem" response....
woke

agrajag

« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
Cream shut up and suck filler's hog biiiiiiiatch

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:33 AM »

I mean, a very small percentage of people are gunna lose their shit over lots of things so that's the first thing you gotta get over.

More importantly though, it is a conversation that should take place. Like, you have to actively choose to send a black emoji, you're making some kind of statement there. Nobody is suggesting that we make it illegal for white people to send black emojis, but racial insensitivity doesn't just manifest in real life, it can manifest on the internet too. There's nothing extreme about that Code Switch post, I think it's a measured look at this kind of thing.

I mean, y'all already talked to death about this, I just wanted to point out that emoji representation isn't madness. Being incensed over people talking about emoji representation is a little extreme though.

It's so fucking trivial and basically requires an person to automatically assume  the worst possible intentions of motives on sending a different skin color emoji. Assuming the worst of people is exactly the problem we have in general.

It's not a conversation that needs to take place. It's a thing people need to get over.

Cream

« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2018, 11:19:04 AM »

Explain how that was racist without giving a snarky "well if you can't see how that's racist you're part of the problem" response....

Mocking a black person in a very stereotypical way, putting all sorts of affectation to the words because he thinks it sounds funny.

“Appropriatin’“
“Dem”
“Mah niccas”

All it’s missing is a “we wuz kangz” And “watermelon”

marrec

« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2018, 11:19:27 AM »

It's so fucking trivial and basically requires an person to automatically assume dinner of the worst possible intentions of motives on sending a different skin color emoji. Assuming the worst of people is exactly the problem we have in general.

It's not a conversation that needs to take place. It's a thing people need to get over.

See I don't think it requires a person to automatically assume the worst of possible intentions.

It just requires a person be genuinely curious as to why a white person would actively choose to send out black emojis. It's not some random happenstance, there is a reason. Also, it's not necessarily trivial, it could in fact be malicious.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »
of all the people in this thread you're marking me as the angry one? come on now lol

tummyfat

« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »

Mocking a black person in a very stereotypical way, putting all sorts of affectation to the words because he thinks it sounds funny.

“Appropriatin’“
“Dem”
“Mah niccas”

I was making fun of marrec's constant use of "y'all" which is a popular AAVE contraction while at the same time shaming people for improper racial emoji use.

Nothing I said was racist. That was marrec probably - as the quote is attributed

Kurt Russell

« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2018, 11:21:50 AM »

“Appropriatin’“
“Dem”
“Mah niccas”

(Image removed from quote.)

Fucking hell. Context, I've heard of it.

Could you really not see that he wasn't trying to imitate a black person? Like seriously, do you have issues with non verbal cues irl perchance?

Nothing I said was racist. That was marrec probably - as the quote is attributed

It's well established that Marrec is a racist piece of shit. That's why he doesn't post on reeee so much anymore.
woke

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »

“Appropriatin’“
“Dem”
“Mah niccas”

The point is to exaggerate how marrec's choice in speech is coming across online (personally I don't associate y'all with black people since I used to live in the south myself). How would you suggest he convey that meaning while still keeping the jokey tone of the post?

marrec

« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
of all the people in this thread you're marking me as the angry one? come on now lol

lol good point my bad

etiolate

« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2018, 11:23:21 AM »
Future Hottake: Emojis are Asian culture. Black people trying to appropriate Asian internet culture.

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

(=ↀωↀ=) #CatGirlsUnite
(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞ #CatGirlsFight

Cream

« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »

“Appropriatin’“
“Dem”
“Mah niccas”

Fucking hell. Context, I've heard of it.

Could you really not see that he wasn't trying to imitate a black person? Like seriously, do you have issues with non verbal cues irl perchance?

It's well established that Marrec is a racist piece of shit. That's why he doesn't post on reeee so much anymore.

.... The fact that he was imitating a black person by putting all that mocking afflectation is entirely what makes it racist.

Cream

« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
“ how are you supposed to imitate a black person without doing that voice?!”

Am I back in 1962?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #346 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:57 AM »
Fine, were racist. We get it. Go away now.

tummyfat

« Reply #347 on: March 21, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

Am I back in 1962?

Is your argument that AAVE doesn't actually exist?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
.... The fact that he was imitating a black person by putting all that mocking afflectation is entirely what makes it racist.

But he wasn't. Please understand. He was trying to point out that Marrec is such a racist goon, that he would use that kind of language in an attempt to be black. It's pretty much this joke:

Did you really not pick up on that, or did you actually get that but decided he was posting in bad faith?
woke

samir

« Reply #349 on: March 21, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

It's so fucking trivial and basically requires an person to automatically assume dinner of the worst possible intentions of motives on sending a different skin color emoji. Assuming the worst of people is exactly the problem we have in general.

See I don't think it requires a person to automatically assume the worst of possible intentions.

It just requires a person be genuinely curious as to why a white person would actively choose to send out black emojis. It's not some random happenstance, there is a reason. Also, it's not necessarily trivial, it could in fact be malicious.

Not everyone takes emojis super serious dude.
You don't have to read things into every little detail of everyday life.

Again, seek help.

marrec

« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2018, 11:26:07 AM »

Am I back in 1962?

I think what they're trying to say is:

"How else am I supposed to show that Marrec is a racist?"

Using hyperbolic type is still racist though.

Cream

« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2018, 11:26:32 AM »

Am I back in 1962?

My argument is that mocking AAVE is racist.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »

Side question: Is it racist for an African American to mock the British accent?

woke

Cream

« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »

But he wasn't. Please understand. He was trying to point out that Marrec is such a racist goon, that he would use that kind of language in an attempt to be black. It's pretty much this joke:

Did you really not pick up on that, or did you actually get that but decided he was posting in bad faith?

I didn’t realize marrec wasn’t black. My apologies. I’m still not comfortable with the mocking of AAVE

marrec

« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »

I didn’t realize marrec wasn’t black. My apologies. I’m still not comfortable with the mocking of AAVE

Wait really? Shit maybe I do need to reflect

tummyfat

« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »

Am I back in 1962?

I wasn't mocking AAVE. I was mocking marrec using AAVE

BisMarckie

« Reply #356 on: March 21, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »

Is mocking any accent racist?
Were people who laughed when I said "get to the chopper" just a bunch of racists?
Like can't we make fun of the French anymore? :goty2

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »

But right there you're still assuming ill intention.
"What reason could you POSSIBLY have to send a different skin color emoji... unlesssssss....."

Who gives a shit why they're using it if there is no clear ill intent? Just accept it and move on instead of making it into some big drama.
If the person is clearly acting maliciously, then yes, it's wrong and they need to be told to stop.

On an unrelated note, I hate this swipe keyboard.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:35:14 AM by samfish »

Cream

« Reply #358 on: March 21, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »

Side question: Is it racist for an African American to mock the British accent?

The difference in power structures makes this a completely unrelated and pointless comparison. I suppose a well-off Black person literally MOCKING a poor British person could be a form of bigotry depending on the context.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »

Is mocking any accent racist?
Were people who laughed when I said "get to the chopper" just a bunch of racists?
Like can't we make fun of the French anymore? :goty1

No. It's racist. Accept it.