Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828205 times)

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53280 on: January 10, 2019, 05:51:33 PM »
theres no site on the internet that I can find thats willing to do anything about these people, just shitposting or even sometimes careposting

Propagandhim

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53281 on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »
Hecht seems like a well-adjusted person. :doge
https://twitter.com/Hecht_ERA_/status/1060666290648440832

someone inform Kirblar

*goes to Iraq*

*returns as a woke lunatic*

There's a movie script here  :thinking

How do you make a 2 hour film about serving food in the dining hall compelling? 

BisMarckie

« Reply #53282 on: January 10, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
Ratatouille was pretty successful :trumps

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53283 on: January 10, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/newly-elected-us-senates-1st-bill-criminalizing-israel-boycotts.91757/

High levels of geopolitical knowledge meet
Jewish conspiracy

this thread is amazing

The good news is this should be ceremonial as the House won’t pass this.

I would hope.

GOP is always cancer, per usual.

Feels like a bill meant to force dems to choose a side.

ahh yes only the evil GOP would do this! democrats are pure and only care about ideology of the right side of history!! chuck schumer will stop this, I'm sure of it!  :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

also interesting how they are all of a sudden rallying around 'freeze peach' when they've always claimed that people crying about freedom of speech are alt-right gamergater nazi incels  :doge

Propagandhim

« Reply #53284 on: January 10, 2019, 05:57:00 PM »
Ratatouille was pretty successful :trumps

From General Patton to Patton Oswalt   :goty2

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53285 on: January 10, 2019, 05:59:04 PM »
remember when Patton Oswalt murdered his wife?  :doge

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53286 on: January 10, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »

The reason why most remaining members don't notice the insanity is because it developed gradually, while their bubble prevents them from objectively observing the outside world and noticing the discrepancy. For the first couple of months you could have rational discussions on Resetera.

[citation needed]

Propagandhim

« Reply #53287 on: January 10, 2019, 06:02:03 PM »
No, but I remember when Twittered murdered him.  He became really annoying on there. 

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53288 on: January 10, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
jeff gerstmann is still a threat?

HH

:thinking

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #53289 on: January 10, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »

The reason why most remaining members don't notice the insanity is because it developed gradually, while their bubble prevents them from objectively observing the outside world and noticing the discrepancy. For the first couple of months you could have rational discussions on Resetera.

[citation needed]
que

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #53290 on: January 10, 2019, 06:07:25 PM »
theres no site on the internet that I can find thats willing to do anything about these people, just shitposting or even sometimes careposting
what are you wanting done :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
we have ties to big conservative money, the Koch Bros and KGB fronts like Pamela Anderson
and no cops with jurisdiction, just a Mountie from the sworn enemy of America
also you have to tell me if you're a cop or FBI or CIA, that's internet law
[close]
[close]
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53291 on: January 10, 2019, 06:07:26 PM »
I've watched an anime about railroad otakus, so I understand completely.
Thomas The Tank Engine isn't an anime.

[close]

stop gaslighting me, sea lion

Also it was Tetsuko no Tabi

[close]
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #53292 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »
Unlike that racist filth from the same place as the racist Nintendo alt-right simulator Smash Bros. came from, Thomas The Tank Engine is Verafled now: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/thomas-tank-engine-gender-balanced-female-trains-characters-steam-team-revamp-multicultural-a8517981.html
In recent years, the TV show has come under fire from some parents who believe Thomas sets a bad example to children. “The engines are all very rude to each other most of the time,” wrote one parent in a review.

“I believe it teaches bad behaviour with examples of jealousy and envy and plain old mean-spiritedness,” added another.

Thomas & Friends has also been accused of being sexist for its lack of female characters and for not being ethnically diverse enough.

However, 73 years after Thomas the Tank Engine was created, the iconic British brand is today unveiling the latest changes intended to capture a new generation of fans around the world.
After years of accusations of sexism, racism and classism, Thomas the Tank Engine has now been updated for 2018.

The children’s TV show, based on the books by Rev Wilbert Awdry, has been revamped and a brand new series launches next week featuring multicultural characters and female protagonists.

The new female characters include Isla, an Australian flying doctor; Hong-mei, a number 1 blue tank engine from China; and Churubala, a female railway controller from India.

The Steam Team is now gender-balanced, with three male and three female characters: Percy, James, Gordon, Emily and new members Nia and Rebecca, as well as Thomas. The brand hopes this will boost appeal among female viewers, with girls representing more than 40 per cent of the show’s viewership.

And, as Thomas leaves Sodor for the first time, he will encounter characters from around the world, many of which are female, such as a new African steam engine from Kenya called Nia, Ashima from India, Yong Bao from China and Shane from Australia.
Other changes include a more contemporary feel, faster-paced action, increased humour and music, animals, fantasy elements and dream sequences.

Thomas will also “break the fourth wall” for first time and take up the role of series narrator.

The huge relaunch is the centrepiece of “a major strategic brand refresh”, designed on the back of market research with hundreds of children and parents around the world.

The creators of the show also collaborated with the United Nations to promote their Sustainable Development Goals, focusing on gender equality, life on land, responsible consumption and production, sustainable cities and communities, and quality education.

Ian McCue, senior producer at Thomas & Friends™, says: “The show has undergone an evolution to remain relevant for the next generation of parents and children by opening up the world of Thomas & Friends so children can discover the world around them while being entertained.

“The changes and new additions of characters and geographies will make the show more entertaining, inclusive and global – while ensuring all the favourite characters and storylines that fans around the world love remain at the heart of the action.”

benjipwns

« Reply #53293 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Commentary

"If I could go back and talk to my younger self..."

Gaga pls, you are not getting that Oscar.
can someone explain this with a pop music related gif? or fifty?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #53294 on: January 10, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

[citation needed]

Eh the first week was decent
:O

FStop7

« Reply #53295 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/average-wedding-cost-for-2018-weddings-44k.92674/

Of course the wedding industry is a huge fucking hustle but the social awkwardness on display is so pure and refined  :delicious

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #53296 on: January 10, 2019, 07:23:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/average-wedding-cost-for-2018-weddings-44k.92674/

Of course the wedding industry is a huge fucking hustle but the social awkwardness on display is so pure and refined  :delicious

If you spend 44k on a wedding, wtf are you doing with your life. Might as well use that money for something like a down payment on a house or something useful.

james

« Reply #53297 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
If you spend 44k on a wedding, wtf are you doing with your life. Might as well use that money for something like a down payment on a house or something useful.

Eh, thats like 2 months salary. Not a big deal

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53298 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »
wtf do you do
每天生气

james

« Reply #53299 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:59 PM »
wtf do you do

Woops I thought I was posting from my Y2Kev account

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #53300 on: January 10, 2019, 07:58:03 PM »
wtf do you do

Big Conservative Money!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53301 on: January 10, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »

Of course a homophobe like stufte wants florists to go out of business.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #53302 on: January 10, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »

Wait, I'm not the homophobe. Are you confusing me with Marrec again?

PogiJones

« Reply #53303 on: January 10, 2019, 08:19:52 PM »

More proof that olive green avocado is the worst color.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53304 on: January 10, 2019, 08:25:51 PM »

Wait, I'm not the homophobe. Are you confusing me with Marrec again?

I see one person posting on The Bire with marrec, I see two marrecs.
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más

BisMarckie

« Reply #53306 on: January 10, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »
:gladbron

:noah

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #53307 on: January 10, 2019, 08:35:40 PM »

Wife and I planned our wedding in like 18 days and probably spent around 2k on it.
que

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53308 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
 :nope Spending money on a wedding reception with your alt-right family.

:ohyeah Spending money on a wedding reception with your activist friends.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53309 on: January 10, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »

:nope hiring a dj

:ohyeah one of your friends brings his guitar
©@©™

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #53310 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »

:nope hiring a dj

:ohyeah one of your friends brings his guitar

:nope picking a date special to the people getting married

:ohyeah picking a date based on the state of the union address so you can protest trump by going to the wedding instead

Shuri

« Reply #53311 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:01 PM »
Remember when Lady Gaga and Perez Hilton were very public besties for years and years and had a big falling out when Perez Hilton made fun of her Born This way track because it was such a phony message  coming from her, and how it sounded like a madonna ripoff.

Perez Hilton, the gossip bully who posted on his blog how he loved to expose closeted gays in the business and bully them into going public, and would draw dicks on pictures of celebs and add sperm stains to women.

He also had endless run-ins and controversy with the gay community while they were still friends. He ended up donating money to a gay support org and THEY REFUSED TO TOUCH IT.

Lady Gaga, the ally  :doge

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:24:51 PM by Shuri »

BikeJesus

« Reply #53312 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-trump-white-house-urging-allies-to-prepare-for-possible-rbg-departure.92649/

Quote from: PlanetSmasher
I hate this fucking country. Why did all of this shit have to happen now? I'm so tired.

They will put another archconservative piece of shit forward because they're all garbage. If he gets another undeserved SC pick, we should just end the Supreme Court. End the whole country. This orange tumor of a President is going to dictate our national future for the next fifty years.

I mean, we'll be getting 50 years of hell no matter who Trump picks, so having no country at all is probably better than a SC staffed almost entirely by Kavanaugh-level human garbage.

Most of us will be dead or ancient before anything gets better, so yeah. Long-lasting is one way to put it.

I really need to find a way to make enough money to leave this cursed hellhole and never look back.

:lol

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #53315 on: January 10, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »
Well I guess queens can be hideous

Boredfrom

« Reply #53316 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-trump-white-house-urging-allies-to-prepare-for-possible-rbg-departure.92649/

I hate this fucking country. Why did all of this shit have to happen now? I'm so tired.

They will put another archconservative piece of shit forward because they're all garbage. If he gets another undeserved SC pick, we should just end the Supreme Court. End the whole country. This orange tumor of a President is going to dictate our national future for the next fifty years.

I mean, we'll be getting 50 years of hell no matter who Trump picks, so having no country at all is probably better than a SC staffed almost entirely by Kavanaugh-level human garbage.

Most of us will be dead or ancient before anything gets better, so yeah. Long-lasting is one way to put it.

I really need to find a way to make enough money to leave this cursed hellhole and never look back.

:lol

Well, he was too neurotic even for mod standards.

Jansen

« Reply #53318 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:13 PM »
Someone needs to photoshop Ruth Bader Ginsburg on to a Weekend at Bernie's poster

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53319 on: January 10, 2019, 09:57:51 PM »
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #53320 on: January 10, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »
Unlike that racist filth from the same place as the racist Nintendo alt-right simulator Smash Bros. came from, Thomas The Tank Engine is Verafled now: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/thomas-tank-engine-gender-balanced-female-trains-characters-steam-team-revamp-multicultural-a8517981.html

When I read the URL at first I thought it said gender-balanced-female-trans-characters and briefly imagined plotlines about a double decker bus who got sawed in half and made into an engine + passenger car and all the other trains cheering them on
Uncle

james

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53322 on: January 10, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »
Why would you put that threadmarks function at the bottom of the page?  :doge

jfc

Guess they can't figure out how to "design the coding".

clothedmacuser

sigh

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #53324 on: January 10, 2019, 11:17:19 PM »
wrong post.

james

« Reply #53325 on: January 10, 2019, 11:25:14 PM »
Odd, SweetNicole just left a gif (as a queen does), but 40 minutes later, someone dropped a warning.

User Warned: Inflammatory generalizations

Not for this
Well that's a quick way to a ban. Enjoy. And we aren't lurkers, idiot.

But for this

Welp, I see this thread is still filled with a bunch of lurkers who only exist to pounce on unpopular opinions with useless invective. Thanks to the couple who actually posted something constructive. Have a good night!

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53326 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:32 PM »
LOL, Bronson Lee is now posting in the PoliEra thread. 

I think when Trump got elected comic book and pokeman fans realized politics are like their animes. There are numbers and stats but you get to be extra morally righteous and even more tribal.

Edit: Wait, why is sweet nicole in that thread in the first place?  Did the mods just realize all the "cool kids" were talking politics and they are trying to join in? 
  It's like when you teacher wants to "rap" with you about drug use.

Edit 2x: well no, because that implies the mods had use with politics before Era made it cool!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:04:23 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53327 on: January 11, 2019, 12:05:16 AM »
We should try to make old Murphy Brown episodes cool on Era.  :D

Holy crap, reading their Poli thread now.  It's just memes and discussing how politicians look.  It's like a 1980's joke about the girlfriends at superbowl party discussing the uniforms.
sigh

stufte

« Reply #53328 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
We should try to make old Murphy Brown episodes cool on Era.  :D

Single mothers on primetime television?

:exxy

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53329 on: January 11, 2019, 12:34:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me.91114/page-133#post-16754619

Quote from: Vixdean
Like, maybe I'm just being a dick, but I feel like people ODing on heroin is a self correcting problem. Is anything of value being lost? In any case, attempts at restricting supply never work, people will just end up paying more to get their fix. Gotta cure the demand.

Wonder if their families would agree.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53330 on: January 11, 2019, 12:49:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me.91114/page-133#post-16754619

Like, maybe I'm just being a dick, but I feel like people ODing on heroin is a self correcting problem. Is anything of value being lost? In any case, attempts at restricting supply never work, people will just end up paying more to get their fix. Gotta cure the demand.

Not wanting to dogpile, so a different response to others: Philip Seymour Hoffman died of a heroin overdose, and River Phoenix died of a speedball (heroin and cocaine, I believe). So, yeah, even if a generic human life isn't of intrinsic value, fascinating people of value have been lost to drug overdoses. :(

:mindblown
[close]
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53331 on: January 11, 2019, 12:51:26 AM »

fucking russian hackers :fbm

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53333 on: January 11, 2019, 12:53:07 AM »
oh wait it was Wrath's cousin, should have just asked for my nudes bro :fbm

91.75.179.150   Chrome 43.0.2357.81 Windows 8   United Arab Emirates   1 day ago   Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJS

dddddoooooooxxxxxiiiiiiiing
lmao Windows 8

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53334 on: January 11, 2019, 12:56:35 AM »

Not wanting to dogpile, so a different response to others: Philip Seymour Hoffman died of a heroin overdose, and River Phoenix died of a speedball (heroin and cocaine, I believe). So, yeah, even if a generic human life isn't of intrinsic value, fascinating people of value have been lost to drug overdoses. :(

:mindblown
[close]

He's not wrong. Unless you are a celebrity, your life is worthless.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53335 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:06 AM »
I live my life by that

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53336 on: January 11, 2019, 12:58:05 AM »
My worthless, fucking worthless life

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53337 on: January 11, 2019, 01:12:00 AM »

Eh, thats like 2 months salary. Not a big deal
All those outraged youtube videos finally paying off

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #53338 on: January 11, 2019, 01:14:19 AM »
all the "cool kids" were talking politics

james

« Reply #53339 on: January 11, 2019, 01:29:22 AM »
I mean if the 7 homeless addicts that ask me for money every fucking day went off to a farm upstate everyone would be much happier.

Motherfucker, you've asked me for a dollar every day twice a day for 5 fucking years. Its not happening. STOP ASKING ME.