Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828724 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54060 on: January 15, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »
 :yeshrug
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54061 on: January 15, 2019, 06:27:08 PM »
Quote from: The Kree

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16900519

BTW, it's not Douglas Adams quote.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16898198
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:31:32 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

tummyfat

« Reply #54062 on: January 15, 2019, 06:33:37 PM »
Gillette were too scared of a social justice mob to put a negative stereotype of a non white male in their ad.

:lol

But finally, a razor woke enough for me

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54063 on: January 15, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »
the kree is the most insufferable poster on era.

fuck at least other morons give content to laugh at.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54064 on: January 15, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
Gillette were too scared of a social justice mob to put a negative stereotype of a non white male in their ad.

:lol

But finally, a razor woke enough for me

Muslims usually don't get clean shaves so that was a good out for Gilette

Boredfrom

« Reply #54065 on: January 15, 2019, 07:16:36 PM »
I dont exactly care beyond "lol Ubisoft" and RE getting angry because a marketing campaign lie to them in their pandering, but is still shitty. There is some ways they could justify this in story but that would require good writing (or not giving a fuck about believability... then again is AssCreed). AssCreed story is not exactly good enough to think this is a plot point they wanted to tell and not just "Marketing forgot to remind us  about that bullet point".

Jansen

« Reply #54066 on: January 15, 2019, 07:20:38 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16900519

BTW, it's not Douglas Adams quote.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16898198

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16892835

User Warned: Personal attacks against another member

The kree has amunity tho

PogiJones

« Reply #54067 on: January 15, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »

:thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking

Guess they decided to tell me it was "resolved" and that the user was warned, but then remembered The Kree is a Protected User and decided to not actually warn him.

EDIT: Sent another report, they put up the warning now. Think he can keep himself from doing it again?

To be fair to them, here's what they said:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:57:47 PM by PogiJones »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54068 on: January 15, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »
the kree is the most insufferable poster on era.

fuck at least other morons give content to laugh at.

I dunno, he's clearly a massive cock mongler, but it's pretty funny he's taken it on himself to be Official Era Postcount Monitor, a job nobody wants, needs, cares about, or is even needed because it's built into the forum anyway.

Maybe 5 to 10 years of dutifully replicating default database functionality will get him to declaring avatars pixel dimensions or post word counts, and he'll finally earn the respect a human doing a browser plugins really deserves.

Jansen

« Reply #54069 on: January 15, 2019, 07:34:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:confused

Now it's showing up

User Warned: Please stop making posts just to shame members for their post counts

I love the "please stop" :lol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:43:58 PM by Jansen »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54070 on: January 15, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
It's so meek

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54071 on: January 15, 2019, 07:51:05 PM »
This is how you know you fucked up

https://twitter.com/DollarShaveClub/status/1084917538713067520

IrishNinja is upset  :lol :lol

Quote from: IrishNinja
gross - y'all coulda just sat there & ate your food. unsubbing

They're nobly fighting back against this counter-counterattack on masculinity

Quote from: Dingens
does that mean what I assume it means?
In that case... fuck them, and fuck those youtubers running adds for them

Quote from: Gaardus
If anyone here is a Dollar Shave Club member and thinking of cancelling because of that (IrishNinja), you can get the exact same blades directly from their supplier, Dorco. Don't forget to check for coupon codes.
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #54072 on: January 15, 2019, 07:52:30 PM »

:confused

Now it's showing up

User Warned: Please stop making posts just to shame members for their post counts

The Kree like 

Mods like

Please don't make us be accountable

He'll just keep doing it.  We know the mods are bitches

sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54073 on: January 15, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »

If anyone here is a Dollar Shave Club member and thinking of cancelling because of that (IrishNinja), you can get the exact same blades directly from their supplier, Dorco. Don't forget to check for coupon codes.

Also saw some member proudly announcing how he'll buy some Gilette razors. People are getting played like fiddles.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #54074 on: January 15, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »

Someone remind them that Uniliver owns Dollar Shave Club

and you would also have to boycott all the podcasts they advertise on.  All of Earwolf for one.
sigh

EmilioEstevez

« Reply #54075 on: January 15, 2019, 08:12:12 PM »
The amount of posts you have, it's easy to ignore you because you haven't been here long enough to have a credible opinion on this particular subject.

Don't bother lying and saying you've been lurking for months because I won't believe you.
18 posts in a year.

Remember to check.
Seven posts in a year.
94 posts since October 2017. Please cry more
Why the fuck am I talking to someone with sixty posts since last November. Nevermind.
He's got less than 140 posts in a year. That's not the kind of poster you take seriously. He's here to be stupid.
64 posts since October of last year.

Seems legit.
If I win I'm buying this forum and deleting every account with less than 100 posts since last year.
42 posts since October of last year, parroting the same tired ass argument that always, always, always misses the point.

You fucking trolls aren't even trying to hide anymore.
You literally just got here yesterday and you're less than ten posts deep. What do you think you know about this forum?
No avatar and 22 posts since October of last year.
50 posts since October of last year and no avatar. That's a troll's alternate account. It's not going to be good.
120 posts since October. Do the math.
Less than 30 posts since October and no avatar. It's someone's chickenshit alt account.
Nah, it's someone with 60 posts and no avatar saying "LOL corruption is awesome." That's trolling.
Quote from: The Kree, post: 16900519, member: 1248
Quote from: The Kree, post: 16898198, member: 1248
How come you don't have an avatar?
Where's your avatar? You should have an avatar.
Good to know that the lack of an avatar isn't keeping people from recognizing the source of common stupidity around here.

skullstorm

« Reply #54076 on: January 15, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
Aww shit I should post something problematic with my avatarless account on Ree so The Kree could ultra shame me for only having two posts, maybe he could make the "2" bolded or something to really draw attention to my alt-rightness :-[

PogiJones

« Reply #54077 on: January 15, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »
Liked just for the amount of pettiness required to wade through his terrible post history to compile that quote wall

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54078 on: January 15, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
Also saw some member proudly announcing how he'll buy some Gilette razors. People are getting played like fiddles.

Especially since P&G tends to donate most heavily to republicans
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54079 on: January 15, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »
The amount of posts you have, it's easy to ignore you because you haven't been here long enough to have a credible opinion on this particular subject.

Don't bother lying and saying you've been lurking for months because I won't believe you.
18 posts in a year.

Remember to check.
Seven posts in a year.
Why the fuck am I talking to someone with sixty posts since last November. Nevermind.
He's got less than 140 posts in a year. That's not the kind of poster you take seriously. He's here to be stupid.

Seems legit.
If I win I'm buying this forum and deleting every account with less than 100 posts since last year.
42 posts since October of last year, parroting the same tired ass argument that always, always, always misses the point.

You literally just got here yesterday and you're less than ten posts deep. What do you think you know about this forum?
50 posts since October of last year and no avatar. That's a troll's alternate account. It's not going to be good.
Less than 30 posts since October and no avatar. It's someone's chickenshit alt account.
Nah, it's someone with 60 posts and no avatar saying "LOL corruption is awesome." That's trolling.
Good to know that the lack of an avatar isn't keeping people from recognizing the source of common stupidity around here.

©@©™

El Babua

« Reply #54080 on: January 15, 2019, 08:27:05 PM »
Corporate pandering? Yes.

But the reason the Gillette ad is good is because it triggers the cons

Boredfrom

« Reply #54081 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:46 PM »

So?

Everything triggers the cons...

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54082 on: January 15, 2019, 08:36:36 PM »
About to have a baby forced upon me. I don't even want any more kids. 😫

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54083 on: January 15, 2019, 08:36:43 PM »

Also great seeing it trigger the pros too, getting mad over people using the same boycott tactics they do all the time

free tickets to see the carnival of stupid are always hard to pass up
Uncle

skullstorm

« Reply #54084 on: January 15, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »

This one's my favorite, here let me use an appropriate yet problematic emote to sum up my feels:  :badass

agrajag

« Reply #54085 on: January 15, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »
bro gillette could take out a special during super bowl halftime show and call me a giant dad for 30 minutes and I would still use them before I use dollar shave club

:donot

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54086 on: January 15, 2019, 09:16:11 PM »
never used dollar shave but harry's is great

agrajag

« Reply #54087 on: January 15, 2019, 09:17:49 PM »
never used dollar shave but harry's is great

you might as well shave with a butter knife

nudemacusers

« Reply #54088 on: January 15, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »
Dollar shave club is for low effort millennial hashtag wastmen who need experiences comglomerated and #hacked prior to participation. just buy a merkur DE, cheap derby blades (or feather if you’re a weeb and need as much ‘made in Japan’ as possible), a boar brush and shaving soap. Done, and when one of these manufacturers eventually does something #problematic you can just swap components instead of having a lifestyle crisis on the internet about it.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54090 on: January 15, 2019, 10:10:35 PM »
Inappropriate comment
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Averon

« Reply #54092 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16910531

And they wonder why ERA has such a dour and negative mood all the time. Can't even playfully talk shit about mega publishers without having to walk on egg shells to avoid a ban (which that fellow failed to do).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:31:36 PM by Averon »

Cryo

« Reply #54093 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:21 PM »
NUDEMAC BACK
NUDEMAC BACK
ALL THESE BITCHES SCREAMING THAT NUDEMAC BACK

agrajag

« Reply #54094 on: January 15, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »
due to economic anxiety, I bought my first can of barbasol today

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54095 on: January 15, 2019, 10:29:04 PM »
i just only buy products advertised on podcasts like harry's and brooklinen. actually that's the only two but that's probably too many anyway

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #54096 on: January 15, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »

And they wonder why ERA has such a dour and negative mood all the time. Can't even playfully talk shit about mega publishers without having to walk on egg shells to avoid a ban (which that fellow failed to do).

It's not even like they have industry people drop by anymore either  :heh

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54097 on: January 15, 2019, 10:33:56 PM »
Harrys is good for boys, but men use Phillips
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54098 on: January 15, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

You’ll never get banned on the Bore for eating ass. That’s our guarantee.
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #54099 on: January 15, 2019, 11:41:26 PM »
Sonicfox is gay. He's a gay black furry who will demolish you in most of the fighting games that are on the market. And you're never gonna stop him or anyone else from being gay. But it shocks me that there's people who, whether gay or straight, try to silence him or shame him for being proud of who he is. I suppose it shouldn't what with the reactions from the Soldier 76 stuff a little while ago, but I guess that's me still expecting better out of people. I guess the reason why I'm making this thread is because even though I'm not gay, I couldn't be prouder of Sonicfox and how he's handling all of the haters who try to tell him how to live his life. He's an inspiration to so many people, and he should be an example. Not something to be ashamed of.

Yeah but did u see that furry try to speak at tga

Can't imagine him defending himself irl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonicfox-im-gay.93773/

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54100 on: January 15, 2019, 11:43:11 PM »
counterpoint: anyone who speaks at an event where boogie is a guest is probably a nazi

clothedmacuser

« Reply #54101 on: January 15, 2019, 11:48:52 PM »

EDIT: Sent another report, they put up the warning now. Think he can keep himself from doing it again?

To be fair to them, here's what they said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

They sent him a private message so the russian plants wouldn't know he was warned!  Next they will be editing out his "#" posts so they don't have to ban him. 

One year in and the mods are entirely at the mercy of the members.  It took 8 years for that to happen on GAF.
sigh

Averon

« Reply #54103 on: January 16, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/conservatives-and-libertarians-of-resetera.93778/

The OP is not even trying to be subtle making this honeypot thread  :lol

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54104 on: January 16, 2019, 12:59:43 AM »
Poliera rolls out the red carpet for a new poster

I didn’t remember you that well but the fact that you think we should be paying more attention to the guy from West Virginia who voted for a Nazi for President does bring back some memories
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54105 on: January 16, 2019, 01:11:43 AM »
Sonicfox is gay. He's a gay black furry who will demolish you in most of the fighting games that are on the market. And you're never gonna stop him or anyone else from being gay. But it shocks me that there's people who, whether gay or straight, try to silence him or shame him for being proud of who he is. I suppose it shouldn't what with the reactions from the Soldier 76 stuff a little while ago, but I guess that's me still expecting better out of people. I guess the reason why I'm making this thread is because even though I'm not gay, I couldn't be prouder of Sonicfox and how he's handling all of the haters who try to tell him how to live his life. He's an inspiration to so many people, and he should be an example. Not something to be ashamed of.

Yeah but did u see that furry try to speak at tga

Can't imagine him defending himself irl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonicfox-im-gay.93773/
I don't exactly keep track of Sonicfox or anything, but literally everything I saw on the internet making fun of him on the night of Geoff's Putsch was over his being a furry and a Sonic fan, calling people "gay" on the internet is almost like one of those inception joke memes at this point where you shouldn't assume anything about someone using it and definitely not as homohatred insult. (Look at how we use it.) As Sonicfox himself seems to be arguing originally, that he was using it as a joke towards himself, not some kind of serious statement. Even among gamers and social conservatives the acceptance of gays as existing and truthful about their existence has come parsecs in the last five years or so to where Mike Pence's once mainstream views is massively out of touch with the "anti-gay" party in the U.S. at this point.

It'd be more believable if he got shit on the internet for being black. (Especially from PoliERA posters.)

Unless the tweets came from stufte, then the gay hate makes sense.

benjipwns

« Reply #54106 on: January 16, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/conservatives-and-libertarians-of-resetera.93778/

The OP is not even trying to be subtle making this honeypot thread  :lol
They locked the thread because it'd probably make conservative/libertarians of ResetERA.com like Stouffers look sane if they answer "no" to the first question. (And more so if they answer as he did.)

It took less than ten posts for RustyNails to proclaim that Trump opposition from conservatives is actually worse than Trump support:
Conservatives who hate Trump hate him because he either exposes their bankrupt theories or their bankrupt morality.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54107 on: January 16, 2019, 02:10:25 AM »
I need you guys to keep defending my right to make fun of furry lamers  :usacry

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54108 on: January 16, 2019, 02:26:02 AM »

18 posts in a year.

Remember to check.
Seven posts in a year.

Seems legit.

This is sadder than kree

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54109 on: January 16, 2019, 02:38:12 AM »
Jaffa kree

benjipwns

« Reply #54110 on: January 16, 2019, 02:40:38 AM »
Gonna assume Emilio just pulled up the last page or two of The Kree's post history.

Where he went above and beyond was by listening to The Bire's complaints and actually providing links to the posts. :salute

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54111 on: January 16, 2019, 02:41:00 AM »

?? Why would you make fun of someone who masturbates to pictures of animated animals, and then dresses in a fuzzy animal costume and fucks other people wearing fuzzy animal costumes?

This is a perfectly valid and respectable lifestyle choice, and i'm sure someday we will all look back on all this furry-bashing as misguided and wrong.

benjipwns

« Reply #54112 on: January 16, 2019, 02:42:34 AM »
I completely and 100% support their right to do all of that. But from what I've read about furry culture, they don't wash the suits and furrycons can be smelled from hundreds of miles away.

And I'm sorry, but society has to have standards.

benjipwns

« Reply #54113 on: January 16, 2019, 02:43:47 AM »
Right now I wish I had a link I saw posted once of a semi-famous Furry Con person, of like his suit in 2005 all clean and looking like an animal mascot or something and then a picture of it in 2010, all stained, with the fur completely matted, etc.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54114 on: January 16, 2019, 02:44:10 AM »

?? Why would you make fun of someone who masturbates to pictures of animated animals, and then dresses in a fuzzy animal costume and fucks other people wearing fuzzy animal costumes?

This is a perfectly valid and respectable lifestyle choice, and i'm sure someday we will all look back on all this furry-bashing as misguided and wrong.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54115 on: January 16, 2019, 02:44:12 AM »
Since when does society have standards?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #54116 on: January 16, 2019, 02:46:35 AM »
Up until the point big bang theory became popular

benjipwns

« Reply #54117 on: January 16, 2019, 02:49:42 AM »
It's suspicious that you aren't angry at this point.

benjipwns

« Reply #54118 on: January 16, 2019, 02:50:25 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #54119 on: January 16, 2019, 02:53:50 AM »
Dashcon, that was the epic fail one with the ballpit meme:

At 9:00 p.m. CT, as a result of this unexpected development, organizers began to publicly solicit donations among a crowd of around 1,000 attendees (itself much lower than the original estimate of 3,000 to 7,000 attendees),[7] and online via PayPal, to cover costs, with a goal of collecting at least $17,000 by 10:00 p.m. to prevent the convention from being shut down. Organizers speculated that the abrupt change in plans was because the hotel's management "[did not] like the people at the con".[9] Attendees were seen performing a three-fingered salute from The Hunger Games and chanting lines from High School Musical.[9] While organizers managed to raise the necessary funds, the incident raised suspicion among attendees over the possibility of the crowdfunding drive being a scam (which included disputes over the authenticity of an image of the bill, printed on hotel stationery, which was released by a staff member), or being further proof of the alleged mismanagement.[9][10][11]

Several guests – including Noelle Stevenson (who had to moderate her own panel because the scheduled moderator was absent), the Baker Street Babes (who produced an all-female Sherlock Holmes podcast),[7] and the Welcome to Night Vale cast – were also informed by the hotel that they would be responsible for paying for their own rooms, despite previously being told that the rooms would be paid for by the convention itself.[7] Stevenson would ultimately join the WTNV cast for the night in accommodations obtained via Airbnb. The appearance by the Welcome to Night Vale cast was ultimately canceled; organizers reimbursed those who had purchased tickets for the panel with tickets to a raffle of various autographed collectibles, admission to a concert with the Chicago-based Doctor Who-inspired rock band Time Crash,[12] and an "extra hour with the ball pit".[7][9][10][13]

Also there is a ballpit. You have to book time to play in it because with no pannels, no guests, and no dealers room, there is literally nothing else to do at the con.