• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Zen
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2020, 02:28:01 AM »
Even when we are not speaking or acting, most of us find that our mind still goes on working – thinking, daydreaming, planning, worrying, eating up precious energy that should be going to the body to maintain health. In a sense, our mind is in overdrive all the time. But in meditation we can learn to shift the mind out of overdrive and down into fourth gear, then to third, to second, and eventually to first. We may even learn how to put our mind into neutral and park it for a while by the side of the road.
When we can do that, a much higher faculty – which the Hindus and Buddhists call prajna, “wisdom” – comes into play. Then we will find that we see deep into the heart of life, with fathomless patience at our disposal. When we have learned to park the mind even for a short period, so much vitality is conserved that every major system in the body gets a fresh lease on life.

– Eknath Easwaran, from "Words to Live By: A Daily Guide to Leading an Exceptional Life"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »
You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future … This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2020, 12:09:40 PM »

godney has so much wisdom  :heart
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:15:15 PM by filler »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2020, 08:00:12 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2020, 07:01:58 AM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2021, 07:47:46 AM »
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2021, 05:40:13 PM »
Questioner: How should we treat others?

Ramana Maharshi: There are no others.
in the ER room through hours of prayer and meditation I came to the understanding that I have to love everyone all of the time. I am not a person who can love some of the people all of the time, or all people some of the time. even if they do or say things I don't agree with.

when I pick and choose who to love and when I should love them or not. I get taken to places I don't want  to be. I don't want to feel ill will towards anybody. I only want good things for everyone and I should include myself in that. I often leave myself out.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2021, 09:20:30 PM »
I do love you all, I really do. There's just no way around that for me.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2021, 09:40:09 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2021, 10:28:03 PM »
Questioner: How should we treat others?

Ramana Maharshi: There are no others.
in the ER room through hours of prayer and meditation I came to the understanding that I have to love everyone all of the time. I am not a person who can love some of the people all of the time, or all people some of the time. even if they do or say things I don't agree with.

when I pick and choose who to love and when I should love them or not. I get taken to places I don't want  to be. I don't want to feel ill will towards anybody. I only want good things for everyone and I should include myself in that. I often leave myself out.

Yes. To try and control and manipulate others will always end badly. The only thing you need to control is yourself, the only place you’ll ever truly be free is your mind. This is why feelings like guilt are useless, it’s self denial and it’s mental. Stop conditioning things, change your mind and be patient with yourself and it will naturally extend to others. Bless.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:14 AM »
that's not what I was up to. all of this did hurt my mother and grandmother. almost killed me too.

when your escape is online and people sabotage that, then where was there left for me to go? some of you still won't own up to how irresponsible you were and your own awful behavior.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
There is no escaping you. Forgive.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »
people tried to get me in the discord, now they know why I didn't accept the offer. if I'm wrong in my thinking, they can let me know any time they want.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2021, 02:44:26 PM »
Forget them. What do you want?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2021, 04:19:34 PM »
Neo gained peace because he gained knowledge of self. Then he began seeing with his heart and everything was light. Trinity couldn’t go with him but she got a glimpse.

The world without borders or boundaries he mentions at the end of the first one is your mind babe. Xoxo

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2021, 05:53:31 PM »
"The first truth, brothers, is the fact of suffering. All desire happiness, sukha: what is good, pleasant, right, permanent, joyful, harmonious, satisfying, at ease. Yet all find that life brings duhkha, just the opposite: frustration, dissatisfaction, incompleteness, suffering, sorrow. Life is change, and change can never satisfy desire. Therefore everything that changes brings suffering." -- Siddhartha Gautama

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
So stop being a bitch, now.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2021, 06:42:43 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2021, 02:02:29 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2021, 04:50:10 AM »
I'm not really sure if I beleive in mindfulness or mediation and all that

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
The most spiritual men, as the strongest, find their happiness where others would find their destruction: in the labyrinth, in hardness against themselves and others, in experiments. Their joy is self-conquest.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2021, 07:08:52 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2021, 12:04:44 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2021, 01:22:48 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »
“Society must be organized in such a way that man's social, loving nature is not separated from his social existence, but becomes one with it. If it is true, as I have tried to show, that love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence, then any society which excludes, relatively, the development of love, must in the long run perish of its own contradiction with the basic necessities of human nature. Indeed, to speak of love is not "preaching," for the simple reason that it means to speak of the ultimate and real need in every human being. That this need has been obscured does not mean that it does not exist. To analyze the nature of love is to discover its general absence today and to criticize the social conditions which are responsible for this absence.”

BIONIC

« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2021, 02:10:36 PM »
:society
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2021, 04:23:39 PM »
What is Poison?

He replied with a beautiful answer - Anything which is more than our necessity is Poison. It may be Power, Wealth, Hunger, Ego, Greed, Laziness, Love, Ambition, Hate or anything

What is fear.....?

Non acceptance of uncertainty.
If we accept that uncertainty, it becomes adventure...!

What is envy ?

Non acceptance of good in others
If we accept that good, it becomes inspiration...!

What is Anger?

Non acceptance of things which are beyond our control.
If we accept, it becomes tolerance...!

What is hatred?
Non acceptance of person as he is.
If we accept person unconditionally, it becomes love...!

BIONIC

« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2021, 06:55:19 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2021, 01:43:22 AM »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2021, 05:27:44 PM »
"shall we site all the historical non-truths perpetuated by science?"

sounds like my mum but bad at spelling  :stahp
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #276 on: March 02, 2021, 01:47:01 PM »
The phrase lokasamgraham used in this verse is a famous one indicating the Lord sent us into the world to contribute to it. Whether we work on a large or a small scale does not matter, as long as we are doing the best within our power to make our parents, our partner, our children, our friends, and even our enemies happier. This means forgetting ourselves and reversing all the selfish inclinations we have followed. This going against what seems to be the grain of our nature is what makes the spiritual life seem so difficult. It is a hard thing to do, but by calling on the Lord, by repeating his Name, it is gradually possible to extinguish our self-will. When we start living for others, we come to life. All our deeper capacities flow into our hands; our security increases and our wisdom grows, as does our creative ability to solve the problems that confront the world.

– Eknath Easwaran, from "The Bhagavad Gita for Daily Living, vol. 1: End of Sorrow"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »
“Perhaps the whole root of our trouble, the human trouble, is that we will sacrifice all the beauty of our lives, will imprison ourselves in totems, taboos, crosses, blood sacrifices, steeples, mosques, races, armies, flags, nations, in order to deny the fact of death, which is the only fact we have. It seems to me that one ought to rejoice in the fact of death—ought to decide, indeed, to earn one's death by confronting with passion the conundrum of life. One is responsible to life: It is the small beacon in that terrifying darkness from which we come and to which we shall return. One must negotiate this passage as nobly as possible, for the sake of those who are coming after us.” ~James Baldwin

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2021, 11:20:37 PM »
I'm not really sure if I beleive in mindfulness or mediation and all that

lmao, it's like saying you don't believe in running. meditation - you sit and try not to think about anything. the practice of making your mind "blank" and consciously breathing. it's quite effective when you try it. "mindfulness" basically the extension of a lot of meditation techniques. there's no higher power, there's nothing abstract to believe in.

◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2021, 01:01:22 AM »
he said "mediation" if you were mindful you would have noticed  ;)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2021, 06:26:03 AM »

;)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2021, 08:01:37 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2021, 12:07:05 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2021, 01:41:29 PM »
Against all odds, against all handicaps, against the chamber of horrors we call history, man has continued to dream and to depict its opposite. That is what we have to do. We do not escape into philosophy, psychology, and art—we go there to restore our shattered selves into whole ones.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2021, 03:11:10 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/GitaBot/status/1370104929352888324

in every creature, arjuna. in every hole :shaq

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »

Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »

“Then you are a poet?' she asked, fingering the flyer in her pocket.
'No not at all,' he waved his hand. 'I am merely a character in a poem.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
   For those who question him on this level of observation play a dangerous game, for no one is more relentlessly logical. If we object that what we call a "person" is not the same from one life to the next, he will ask, "Are you the same from one day to the next?" We think of ourselves as the same individual who went to school in Des Moines many years ago, but what is the basis for such a claim? Our desires, aspirations, and opinions may have all changed; even our bones are not the same.

Yet, somehow, there is continuity. "I wasn't the same then," we object, "but that wasn't a different person either." The Buddha replies, "That is the relationship between you in this life and 'you' in a past life: you are not the same, but neither are you different. Death is only the temporary end to a temporary phenomenon." To those who grasp this, death loses its fear. It is not the end, only a door into another room.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2021, 01:44:46 PM »
Man seems to be unable to live without myth, without the belief that the routine and drudgery, the pain and fear of this life have some meaning and goal in the future

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2021, 01:47:34 PM »
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2021, 05:25:05 PM »
“When I was very young and in the cave of Trophonius I forgot to laugh. Then, when I got older, when I opened my eyes and saw the real world, I began to laugh and I haven’t stopped since. I saw that the meaning of life was to get a livelihood, that the goal of life was to be a High Court judge, that the bright joy of love was to marry a well-off girl, that the blessing of friendship was to help each other out of a financial tight spot, that wisdom was what the majority said it was, that passion was to give a speech, that courage was to risk being fined 10 rix-dollars, that cordiality was to say ‘You’re welcome’ after a meal, and that the fear of God was to go to communion once a year. That’s what I saw. And I laughed.”

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
"The Second Truth is the cause of suffering. It is not life that brings sorrow, but the demands we make on life. The cause of dukha is selfish desire: trishna, the thirst to have what one wants and to get one's own way. Thinking life can make them happy by bringing them what they want, people run after the satisfaction of their desires. But they get only unhappiness, because selfishness can only bring sorrow."

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2021, 02:42:48 PM »

BIONIC

« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2021, 05:34:24 AM »
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »