Author Topic: Zen  (Read 34342 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Zen
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »
To those who have conquered themselves, the will is a friend. But it is the enemy of those who have not found the Self within them.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2021, 08:40:13 PM »
" If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2021, 05:51:06 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2021, 12:59:40 AM »
In India we have many names for the Lord and for the Divine Mother that remind us of his patience, her forgiveness. One such name is “He who bears with us and forgives us our mistakes.”

This name encourages us, too, to be patient and bear up cheerfully when life hands us something that we would rather not have to deal with. To judge by our responses to life’s ordinary ups and downs, most of us say, “Give me only things I like. Don’t give me anything I dislike; give it to Brian instead.”

Even good people, when they have been struck down by illness or misfortune, sometimes ask, “Why did this happen to me?” This is a most peculiar question. What we should ask is, “Why should this happen to anybody?” Simply asking this question at a deeper level of awareness brings the patience to bear tragedies, releasing the insight and compassion to help others and to grow ourselves.

Pleasant and unpleasant together are the very texture of life. Only when we give our best, whatever comes – good or bad – can we live in freedom.
– Eknath Easwaran

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2021, 02:49:17 AM »
 :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2021, 11:09:32 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2021, 07:43:14 PM »
in some ways this is the funniest thread on thebore.com  :lol you have to start at the beginning to really get it and also have seen the riotous cut  :rejoice

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2021, 02:25:49 PM »
it's partly hilarious because nobody knew how serious I was about all this  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »
“Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.”
― Lin Yutang

“This I conceive to be the chemical function of humor: to change the character of our thought.”
― Yutang Lin

def gotta read whatever books are out there from dude

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2021, 11:03:37 AM »

might be my favorite thing in the thread.

understand I often go over the things I post on the internet and go over it all again and again. I get more out of it each time. it's all to help myself before anybody else. I would hope that others can get something from it too, but it's for myself as well.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2021, 11:42:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/CheechAintShit/status/1400094772258217987

the girl speaks a whole lot of truth. people should listen to her more, but they won't