Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798922 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #1800 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-eating-healthy-more-expensive.104937/
You can get McDonald's hamburgers for like $1. Meaning you could eat for a week, considering 2 per meal, for $42.

So, yes.
Yes, I could live off ramen noodles for a week for like 10$.

A carton of blueberries is 5$.
You can buy hot pockets in the store 3 for $5. And you don’t have to spend a lot of time preparing them. Couple that with huge bags of chips usually 2 for $4 it looks a lot more tempting than a bag of romaine lettuce for $4 that will go bad in a week, $4 bag of tomatoes, $8 packs of fresh chicken, etc.
Yes!!!!!!

*looks at $15.00 salad from Whole Foods*

These people are so fucking stupid and have no life skills.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given that's it's a forum where people ask how to wipe their ass.  Who pays $8 for chicken or $15 for a fucking salad?

You could take that hypothetical $42 and easily buy more than enough food for a week in a grocery store and eat pretty good with fresh meat/fish/chicken, vegetables, pasta/rice, eggs, bread, cheese, etc.  But that would involve actually getting out of the house and shopping, and then taking some time and cooking/preparing meals.  If some of these people didn't have access to a phone or DineDash to get delivery, they would starve to death,  Which might not be a bad thing in the end.

I just think that it's a very bizarre system. How food that is bad for you is so cheap and accessible, yet the healthier options are out of reach for some. No wonder poverty and obesity go hand in hand so much. And i know someone will say im defending people who have no self control, and i get that..although its not that simple, but this is definitely an issue.

:neogaf

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1801 on: March 13, 2019, 09:33:11 AM »
I stand with riotious

#nohashtag

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1802 on: March 13, 2019, 09:37:20 AM »
Father Oscar the Grouch forgive me, but Aeana is a fucking turbo cunt and I cant imagine why people willingly interact with her, even if it is to troll.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #1803 on: March 13, 2019, 09:38:46 AM »
I just think that it's a very bizarre system. How food that is bad for you is so cheap and accessible, yet the healthier options are out of reach for some. No wonder poverty and obesity go hand in hand so much. And i know someone will say im defending people who have no self control, and i get that..although its not that simple, but this is definitely an issue.

:neogaf

There is validity to the idea of "food deserts" - low income neighborhoods often do not have full grocery stores, but will have multiple convenience stores and fast food places, and the residents may not have a car or reliable public transportation to get to a real store.  I've lived in situations like that, and there were definitely times where I walked a couple of blocks to McDonalds versus having a half hour bus ride each way to a grocery store.

But of course REEE is acting like every grocery store is priced like a Whole Foods, and even there you can find items that are reasonably priced.  Most of them again are too lazy/stupid to figure this out so that's why they're buying $15 salads and blaming it on a "system".

marrec

« Reply #1804 on: March 13, 2019, 09:42:09 AM »
I stand with riotious

#nohashtag

Sorry about your luck riotous

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1805 on: March 13, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
Many poor people are poor because of circumstances beyond their control. Lack of education, lack of skills, lack of opportunity. However, there are a proportion of poor people who are poor simply because they are lazy and make poor choices.

The majority of people on ERA who claim poor either aren't poor or just make such bad choices that they have no other option than to be perennially living hand to mouth.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1806 on: March 13, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Consistent history of inflammatory commentary and inappropriate generalizations, similar comments across multiple threads, numerous accumulated infractions

History / similar / multiple / numerous.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gematsu-sega-halts-sales-of-judgement-jp-after-actor-pierre-taki-arrested-on-cocaine-charges.105029/page-8#post-18797705

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1807 on: March 13, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
Too many hot takes in that thread  :jeanluc

My favourite is the people saying it's a PR stunt for Sega.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1808 on: March 13, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-captain-marvel-review-redlettermedia-dont-discuss-the-film-for-over-15-minutes-as-they-talk-about-brie-larsons-comments-on-diversity.104953/post-18777162

Interesting that a mod swooped in to 'fix' the clickbaityness of the original thread title, but not the actual demonstrably false claims that could reasonably be called bad faith or disingenuous made within it.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1809 on: March 13, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »
ERA : "Cancel deplorables !"  :gamergate

Japan : "OK."

ERA : "No not like that !" :rage
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1810 on: March 13, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »

some people have managed to convince themselves that the rumured upcoming google console is a stealth sega partnership, and sega are returning to console gaming in a big way, with a slew of all favorite ips being googlebox exclusive.

some people are fucking idiots living in a dreamworld of their own making.

marrec

« Reply #1812 on: March 13, 2019, 10:12:33 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1813 on: March 13, 2019, 10:16:10 AM »
Sega can suck my fat asshole if that happens. It’s the game I’m most looking forward to this year that hasn’t come out yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gematsu-sega-halts-sales-of-judgement-jp-after-actor-pierre-taki-arrested-on-cocaine-charges.105029/page-2#post-18792643

:badass
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1814 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-got-into-an-argument-with-my-wife-over-something-trivial.105054/

She‘s fucking him breh.

maybe she just doesn't want to get taught by someone who is going to run to a bunch of strangers calling her a stupid bitch after telling her hes glad shes wasting her money at the first disagreement
:idont

Shuri

« Reply #1815 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:23 AM »

some people have managed to convince themselves that the rumured upcoming google console is a stealth sega partnership, and sega are returning to console gaming in a big way, with a slew of all favorite ips being googlebox exclusive.

some people are fucking idiots living in a dreamworld of their own making.
It’s going to be a lackluster android box with an emulator running the same 50 genesis titles included in every retro compilation.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1816 on: March 13, 2019, 10:27:31 AM »
the same 50 genesis titles included in every retro compilation.

yeah, thats pretty much whatever involvement sega are going to have with the googlebox. That and the Football Manager port.

it is definitely not going to be Dreamcast 2: The Dreamcastening

Cauliflower Of Love

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1818 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
I don't know whether to trust Hurd or Depp, but I 100% believe that blind item. Anyone who has scanned twitter in the last 24 hours should be able to tell that the dozens (or hundreds?) of accounts tweeting in support of Depp seem suspicious. I haven't seen this level of (presumed) bot activity on twitter since Trump's 2016 campaign.

It's like that joke about the Photoshop expert saying that it is Photoshopped, you can see the pixels are wrong.
"Yup. It's Russian Twitter Bots."
The White House was just the dry rub for the real target : Slightly washed up stars.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-today-johnny-depp-sues-amber-heard-for-defamation-seeking-50-million.102882/page-9#post-18798542
ὕβρις

Drainage

« Reply #1819 on: March 13, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »
Criticizing your wife when you wasted $2300?? I could live off $2300 for two years! My only indulgences are Amiibo’s, plush body pillows and an annual bottle of Smirnoff. Some people just aren’t as well off and got a raw deal. Since this is about me now let’s do a Q&ERA

:gamergate

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1820 on: March 13, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1821 on: March 13, 2019, 10:45:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-got-into-an-argument-with-my-wife-over-something-trivial.105054/

She‘s fucking him breh.

She just sits there and says, "check your mirrors"

You mean she's fucking her, you misgendering cislord. :bolo
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #1823 on: March 13, 2019, 10:51:40 AM »

She‘s fucking him breh.

She just sits there and says, "check your mirrors"

You mean she's fucking her, you misgendering cislord. :bolo

When I read driving instructor I think man immediately. Who do I have to donate to to absolve me of my guilt?  :-\

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1824 on: March 13, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »
When I read driving instructor I think man immediately. Who do I have to donate to to absolve me of my guilt?  :-\

go watch Captain Marvel

BisMarckie

« Reply #1825 on: March 13, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-not-want-kids.105093/

It is controversial but I feel life is kind of shitty and futile and am not really happy that my parents imposed this on me so I wont impose it myself on anyone else.

Your daily resetera "life sucks“ thread :aah

BisMarckie

« Reply #1826 on: March 13, 2019, 10:58:12 AM »
The replies read like what you‘d expect from a doomsday cult.

People really bought into this "we only have a couple of years left due to global warming“ stuff pretty hard.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1827 on: March 13, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »

People really bought into this "we only have a couple of years left due to global warming“ stuff pretty hard.

I mean, when you've got scientists, al gore AND the mayans all saying the same shit, you pay attention, you know?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1828 on: March 13, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »

You should venture on Reddit sometimes. The entire Futurology and Worldnews subreddits are just teeming with people that are convinced the planet is turning into Venus in our lifetime.

I can't really blame them. They're 20 year olds that have been indoctrinated with it their whole life. It was like me and nuclear war in 80's. I was convinced that the world was going to end in a nuclear winter because it's all I knew.

But then there's other cunts who are just miserable people that want the world to end because they  hate themselves and blame modern society for their lot.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1829 on: March 13, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
Cream took the perm from here really hard

A woman has been charged with multiple hate crime felonies and misdemeanors following a series of pepper spray attacks in New York City.

In one alleged incident, Heard, who is black is accused of approaching a white couple in their 50s on Friday afternoon while they shopped in the Bronx. She reportedly told the couple she hated white people before assaulting them.

"They were approached by the defendant who kicked both victims and sprayed a substance in their face," an NYPD spokesperson stated in an email. "The victims suffered minor injuries."

The other alleged incident for which Heard has been charged is similar in nature and occurred Saturday in the Bronx.

"The defendant approached a 30-year-old male and a 24-year-old female, asked them if they were white and displayed a sharp object causing fear," the NYPD stated. "The female victim was sprayed in the face with an unknown substance causing redness, burning and discomfort."

Court documents did not list an attorney for Heard, who is transgender and referred to in official documents and police reports by her legal first name, Thomas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/black-trans-woman-charged-hate-crimes-after-nyc-pepper-spray-n982391

:O

marrec

« Reply #1830 on: March 13, 2019, 11:05:48 AM »

You should venture on Reddit sometimes. The entire Futurology and Worldnews subreddits are just teeming with people that are convinced the planet is turning into Venus in our lifetime.

I can't really blame them. They're 20 year olds that have been indoctrinated with it their whole life. It was like me and nuclear war in 80's. I was convinced that the world was going to end in a nuclear winter because it's all I knew.

Science communication is incredibly poor and it seems like at some people decided the best way to counter the climate change denial conspiracy was to make up extremist claims about the effects of climate change.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1831 on: March 13, 2019, 11:14:02 AM »
The defendant approached a 30-year-old male and a 24-year-old female, asked them if they were white

:confused

marrec

« Reply #1832 on: March 13, 2019, 11:19:23 AM »
The defendant approached a 30-year-old male and a 24-year-old female, asked them if they were white

Maybe she was a blind black trans woman you ever think of that?

james

« Reply #1833 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:18 AM »

That explains her being unable to see the bans coming a mile away
:O

marrec

« Reply #1835 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:52 AM »

That explains her being unable to see the bans coming a mile away

Although if Cream was blind she would remind us every third post so seems unlikely.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1836 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:40 AM »
The sticky part about all of this that she has a point, but she’s making it extremely poorly. So criticism of her making these points poorly turns in to “well you’re just being misogynistic.”
This is honestly horseshit. What about her point is made poorly? You can criticize her if you can stick to a facts based argument that doesn't obtusely lose the point to harp on minor details.

The issue is people are not doing that. If these people can give legit criticism of film then they are not allowed to lose plainly obvious points that aren't spoon fed to them without getting called out. This extends to all critics who do this surfave level examination.

I just want to hear a criticism that isn't reductive horseshit and tone policing. If people cant express that then they have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Brie Larsons right, nobody cares what 40 year old white dudes have to say. Thats why I'm so mad about what these 40 year old white dudes said.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1837 on: March 13, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »

Sony pulling out of E3 is just random happenstance to you?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1838 on: March 13, 2019, 11:37:11 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1839 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-not-want-kids.105093/

It is controversial but I feel life is kind of shitty and futile and am not really happy that my parents imposed this on me so I wont impose it myself on anyone else.

Your daily resetera "life sucks“ thread :aah

"Not happy my parents imposed this on me" what the fuck

You're posting on the internet which means you're better off than 99.99% of earth's population that ever lived

The fact you have the energy to complain means you got to eat

You got electricity

And probably a bunch of shitty video games to enjoy

But no, "wahhh I didn't ask to be born"
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1840 on: March 13, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
Cream took the perm from here really hard

A woman has been charged with multiple hate crime felonies and misdemeanors following a series of pepper spray attacks in New York City.

In one alleged incident, Heard, who is black is accused of approaching a white couple in their 50s on Friday afternoon while they shopped in the Bronx. She reportedly told the couple she hated white people before assaulting them.

"They were approached by the defendant who kicked both victims and sprayed a substance in their face," an NYPD spokesperson stated in an email. "The victims suffered minor injuries."

The other alleged incident for which Heard has been charged is similar in nature and occurred Saturday in the Bronx.

"The defendant approached a 30-year-old male and a 24-year-old female, asked them if they were white and displayed a sharp object causing fear," the NYPD stated. "The female victim was sprayed in the face with an unknown substance causing redness, burning and discomfort."

Court documents did not list an attorney for Heard, who is transgender and referred to in official documents and police reports by her legal first name, Thomas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/black-trans-woman-charged-hate-crimes-after-nyc-pepper-spray-n982391

Completely unjustified perma that should be reversed. Unban Cream.

"I'm trans. I'm a POC. I'm an immigrant. I'm a lesbian. I'm a gay man. I'm the disabled. I'm everything."

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1841 on: March 13, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »
This whole EGS situation is just confirming over and over why i don't really give a shit about the 'think of the devs' argument. This right here is how much most devs actually care about their customers.

is this toxic gamer entitlement?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1842 on: March 13, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Continued pattern of trolling and low-effort posting
Definitely pre ordering this bad boy. Day 1.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-version-of-phoenix-point-x-com-spiritual-successor-crowdfunded-game-1-year-exclusive-to-the-epic-game-store.104914/page-20#post-18803696
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #1843 on: March 13, 2019, 12:28:24 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Continued pattern of trolling and low-effort posting
Definitely pre ordering this bad boy. Day 1.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-version-of-phoenix-point-x-com-spiritual-successor-crowdfunded-game-1-year-exclusive-to-the-epic-game-store.104914/page-20#post-18803696

Storefront wars claim another casualty  :salute

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1844 on: March 13, 2019, 12:37:25 PM »
To be fair it's kinda shit if they explicitly promised Steam keys to go back on that. They're offering refunds but still.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1845 on: March 13, 2019, 12:51:47 PM »
shut the fuck up glen

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-*
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1846 on: March 13, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
To be fair it's kinda shit if they explicitly promised Steam keys to go back on that. They're offering refunds but still.

its super shitty, but the mods have - once again - painted themselves into a corner by jumping into a situation where they didn't have much information, laid down arbitrary moderation policies on what you're allowed to express on the fly, and are now trying to walk it back because they've pissed off one of their communities.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1847 on: March 13, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
Satire needs to have a punchline.
No it doesn't. A joke does.
So essentially it's unfunny satire is what you're arguing?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1848 on: March 13, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/introducing-jexodus-a-jewish-exit-of-the-democratic-party-blexit-2-0.105128/post-18807435
they ran a title card that said “Jexodus” — a combination of the words “Jewish” and “exodus”

:snoop

remind me, what was Exodus about again?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1849 on: March 13, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »
Satire needs to have a punchline.
No it doesn't. A joke does.
So essentially it's unfunny satire is what you're arguing?

That thread is such a mess. For people who whine about bad faith and strawmen they sure love to do it themselves

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1850 on: March 13, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »
I had to bow out of that thread. Did not feel like arguing.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1851 on: March 13, 2019, 01:24:13 PM »
That thread is such a mess. For people who whine about bad faith and strawmen they sure love to do it themselves

No, no, I'm sure "Its not for them, they don't get to criticise it" won't cop a ban in the next thread about some JRPG full of pandering fan service.

Drainage

« Reply #1852 on: March 13, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »

No, no, I'm sure "Its not for them, they don't get to criticise it" won't cop a ban in the next thread about some JRPG full of pandering fan service.

Just let us have this one thing, ok? Is that so much to ask?

Clockwork5

« Reply #1853 on: March 13, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sitting-in-my-car-while-black-im-the-suspect.105131/

In this thread DigitalOP shows us that he is the type of dude that parks in front of a day care for an hour and a half waiting for the “library” to open up.

That is assuming this all isn’t an example of “creative expression.”

:comeon

Boredfrom

« Reply #1854 on: March 13, 2019, 01:43:06 PM »
He is 40 years old?

Clockwork5

« Reply #1855 on: March 13, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
No he just looks 40

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1856 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
I'm trading glen for cream.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1857 on: March 13, 2019, 01:47:31 PM »
solo adult male parked in front of a day care looking around and scanning the area regularly for over an hour is going to get the cops called on them no matter what color they are, sorry to disappoint this dude looking to be racially profiled.

Drainage

« Reply #1858 on: March 13, 2019, 01:51:02 PM »
Quote from: DigitalOP
I straight up told Maria that Im used to it. Its 100% not right for sure.... But it is what it is. This wasn't my first rodeo, Ive had cops called on me before for no reason. Its just a reality of the country we live in and a sign of the times basically.

She said "this country has always been like this"

I explained to her that people come with judgments and preconceived notions. Everything is about pushing fear nowadays. The blond lady didn't know me. She doesn't know Im waiting for the library, She doesn't know I have law enforcement family, just that something about me bothered her, and she followed her instinct. Maria told me again that "it doesnt make her right".

Maria is clearly torn up about it. I told her again not to internalize it, and to don't let it ruin her day or take over her thoughts. Again she told me "Im going to do the opposite Digital, Im going to find a way to share this because I never thought Id see it up close... you hear about it... but to see it? Its already stuck in my mind. When the lady comes to get her kid, Im going to tell her about this."

:gurl

james

« Reply #1859 on: March 13, 2019, 01:55:38 PM »
Parks in front of daycare at 9am

Remains in car

Is still there at 10am

Still in car

Yeah thats suspicious as fuck

Get a job loser

Or loiter in Starbucks like the rest of the world