Author Topic: Google Stadia: Electric Snoopaloo Sayga Bleemcast 2  (Read 82910 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Google Stadia: Electric Snoopaloo Sayga Bleemcast 2
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2019, 04:55:42 PM »
I was at work

Can you link me the game reveal trailers?

DOOM Eternal
Assassins Creed : Odyssey

Enjoy!

Lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Google Console: Electric Snoopaloo Sayga Bleemcast 2
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »
Jade lookin hot.

Uhoh, BrandNew Police crackin' down on you!

But he didn't crackdown on my Buy Jades Console comment.

I see how it is...

thisismyusername

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »
Reality check for those of us who don't live in big cities:

I'm currently at my parents' in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I have 9mb down and 600kbit/up
It's been at those speeds for +5 years
We have one provider available to us and they have no reason to improve their infrastructure ever
Stadia has no market here, sorry

Shit, I'd fucking kill for THOSE speeds where I am. I'm lucky to even get 3meg.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »
This is like a corpse before it arrives for the reasons that Sho Nuff laid out. Doesn't some of the country not even have any internet access at all? So this is a viable thing population wise for maybe half the country, and what % of those people are into gaming and would be up for an all streaming all the time machine? Not enough to be a financially viable thing. Since this is Google I guess they can just lose money on it forever. :teehee
Hi

Himu

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
Input Lag: the system.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
Max out your monthly data cap playing a couple hours of Apex Legends, brehs.
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
I think this has a lot of potential, especially with the Youtube integration. A lot of enthusiast's problems such as input lag and image quality aren't going to be shared buy the general population. I mean movie enthusiasts love the bitrate of blu ray and want Dolby Vision as the standard. No one buying tv's at Walmart or Target to watch stuff on Netflix cares. It just needs to be good enough. 

Caps and speeds are the problems. Internet infrastructure in America is awful outside and even in major cities. That really needs to change and even then it will probably be in your major metropolitan areas.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2019, 06:51:19 PM »
comcast put me on a data cap in december. now it costs 50$ extra to have (((unlimeted))) aka the same thing I always had before december  :mjcry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2019, 07:03:36 PM »
Holy smokes this looks good.  :whoo
🤴

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2019, 07:05:20 PM »
Another piece of Google NeatTech® they'll abandon after a year or so
sup

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »
The investment seems big though

Also lol at Imran, Schreier and all.

"Don't expect Google to jump into high-end hardcore gaming bois!"

*Google announces 10 TF hardware*
🤴

wsippel

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
Max out your monthly data cap playing a couple hours of Apex Legends, brehs.

The Apex Legends nerds already complain about the input latency being 5ms higher than CS:GO, at a whopping 14ms...

That said, the concept probably has a future (for slow paced games at least), and Google could probably pull it off. They have the infrastructure, the money, and a billion people already use their software and services and have accounts. They are in a much better position than Microsoft, let alone Sony. But they're also infamous for coming up with some shit, burning tons of money, getting bored and shitcanning everything.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
The strength will be in the YouTube integration. When you watch "Angry Review Cyberpunk 2077" a button pops up: "Play now".

When a guy is streaming a FIFA match you can instantly join. The way that sort of integration is going to work is going to make or break this thing along with the available content(TM).
It is sort of the seamless community that Microsoft tried to built with their cloud gaming and XBLA ideas but never quite got off the ground.

Will it be another Crackdown 3, where the power of the cloud turns out to be very limited or will it actually work as advertised.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2019, 08:02:43 PM »
I don't think she should be entirely blamed for that, EA hired her to create new IPs, then told her staff farm to prop up Visceral's Star Wars, and then shoved the failed BioWare Montreal into her studio while telling them to start from scratch on another Star Wars game. She probably bailed out for this position because of all that.

As for the quality of the games, they sold buttloads, Blacklist failed to meet Ubisoft's expectations. (So did Watch_Dogs 2, which she didn't work on.) :trumps

I would point out that none of those games had anime tiddies.

It’s not that I think she’s completely talentless, just people act like she’s a female miyamoto or something.

I don’t see any reason to be excited about Jade Raymond being involved with anything.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2019, 09:55:48 PM »
I would argue Ms. Raymond should have been hired and the game dev division started two years ago, so they would actually have interesting, ready-to-go exclusive content to show this week as opposed to a Doom sequel, an Ubisoft port and some tech demos. They're launching in 2019. Are we supposed to ignore this until they make real games that actually take advantage of the platform?

Also not mentioned: pricing models. Good luck with that

thisismyusername

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
Jade lookin hot.

Uhoh, BrandNew Police crackin' down on you!

yeah, its cool to always talk about her looks instead of her resume

Games:
2002 The Sims Online   Electronic Arts   Producer   [12]
2007   Assassin's Creed   Ubisoft   [16][17]
2009   Assassin's Creed II   Executive producer   [17]
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines   [17]
2013   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist   [17]
2014   Watch Dogs   [12][17]
2015   The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
---

She hasn't done shit in 4 years. If you even want to count The Might quest for Epic Loot.

Sorry, but she was meme'd into "buy Jade's game" for a reason, dude.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
Are we supposed to ignore this until they make real games that actually take advantage of the platform?
No, please enjoy Influencer and Partner content.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2019, 12:08:10 AM »
Pewdiepie on Google Stadia exclusively starting later in 2019 confirmed
yar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2019, 01:12:28 AM »
Pewdiepie on Google Stadia exclusively starting later in 2019 confirmed
Nazi streambox fuck off! :punch
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2019, 04:44:11 AM »
This will never replace hardcore gaming hardware, because there will always be a big demand for sub 50ms gaming (or sub 10 to some)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2019, 05:04:56 AM »
That said if I can play games current gen games on switch that don't require precise input I could be in if thenprice is right.

The right price is not 30/60 bucks for a streaming only game line Ass Creed on Switch in Japan.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2019, 10:38:06 AM »
I live in a major-ish metropolitan area, have an ok amount of disposable income, no life, enjoy video games, and most importantly I have google fiber. I'm basically their target market.

And I have no interest in this crap.
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »
Maken x²
Illbleed 2
Jet Set Radio III
Virtua Fighter 6
Virtua Fighter RPG
Scud Race MaXxXimum Rev

That ought to do it thx

You forgot a mandatory URBAN REIGN 2 entry.

Svejk

« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2019, 11:33:24 AM »
Soooo what do the Dreamcast and Powerglove displays have to do with this?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2019, 12:38:34 PM »
Nothing.
dog

Himu

« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2019, 12:40:29 PM »
Last night played third strike online and was parrying and it was silky smooth. Can’t wait for Google to provide for us a better alternative.  :doge
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

kingv

« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »
I live in a major-ish metropolitan area, have an ok amount of disposable income, no life, enjoy video games, and most importantly I have google fiber. I'm basically their target market.

And I have no interest in this crap.

In some future world where everybody has awesome internet and there are no data caps this product makes sense, because there are probably a fair number of people that would theoretically play one or two games per year but don’t buy a console or whatever.

But... if the market of people that want to lay out the cash for  killer internet AND want to play a video game but also don’t have a way to play a video game seems like a weird overlap.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2019, 01:41:44 PM »
I think you guys are overvaluing how many people care about things like input lag or image quality.

All this has to do is work well enough.

Himu

« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2019, 01:43:21 PM »
I think you guys are overvaluing how many people care about things like input lag or image quality.

:gurl
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
He's not wrong. Mediocre solutions tend to win.

kingv

« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »
One thing is that I assume a lot of people will consume this stuff on PC, and input lag on a mouse is way more noticeable. I can’t imaging trying to play an FPS with a quarter second of input lag with a mouse.

Probably can do an ok job hiding it on a controller by messing with lock on and acceleration, but it will be trash with a mouse.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2019, 02:05:20 PM »
You can use all the emoji's you want, but your concerns are enthusiast gamer concerns.

Your average person just wants to play something well enough for convenience.

I gave my nieces my shitty old computer. They were happy enough to be able to play Fornite probably only at meduiem settings and not even 60fps.

My girlfriend brings over her old ass Xbox to play Battlefield 5 with me. She dosen't care or notice that it runs and looks better on the One X. She just likes to play the game.

PS4 and Xbox One S sales still sell well despite the obvious better upgrades.

The Switch is a thing and people love it. The Wii...

Fuck consoles in general have never been the place for 100% the best game experince.

Go to your local Walmart or Target, pay attention to the tvs there. No one buying them really gives a fuck about HDR least not the different standards and whatnot. 4k Blu ray sales and blu ray sales in general are an increasing niche despite still the overall better quality then streaming. People buy roku and amazon streaming sticks because it's simple or to fucking hack them so they can watch shitty quality rips of Aquaman. People watch full movies and tv shows on thier phones on the train.

All video games need to do is become as easy and passable to stream as movies and then you have a problem. It's the same thing that happen to movies and music. Make them easy and good enough ,because in both those situations they are not the top quality, and you have something that will really take off. Internet infrastructure is a problem sure, but not enough to stop this from taking off. And who knows how data caps and internet providers will evolve as this very real streaming economy evolves.

I just don't see the point in being dismissive of a very real thing.

I love buying video games. I love discs. I try to have the best quality myself. I am not the average consumer. Yet, I don't think what I like is going to disappear. But things like google's streaming service and the netflix like gamepass, those are kind of the future. And yes I get that that games are not 1 to 1 like movies, but neither was music.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't downplay this. The Yotube integration itself is extremely smart. Fuck the fact that it will be using Chromecasts which are probably built into the average Vizo or Samsung tv your consumer buys from Walmart means the ground work is already there.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2019, 02:08:24 PM »
Except the majority of gamers do care. There is a huge market for "hardcore" games.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2019, 02:09:48 PM »
I'd argue that's not as big as you think.

But obviously I have no evidence.

And that things like price and convenience will make "caring" about those things easier to ease up on.

Himu

« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »
Why are you comparing old consoles that might not be 60 fps 4k to input lag. Input lag is different from not being able to play in 60 fps. Not all games need 60 fps anyways. Shit, for most, 30 is fine. And I'm satisfied playing a non-fighting game in 30 fps. A story game like Mass Effect can do well being played in 50 fps.

What I have mentioned is input lag.

I get lag just using blue tooth on my phone. I'll get a notification on my phone and the notification beep comes up on my car stereo maybe 3 seconds later. That is the nature of wireless set ups as well as streaming.

https://twitter.com/prodiGtv/status/1108072829285814272

Comparing image quality to input lag isn't going to work as a comparison. What we are talking about are control responsiveness, which yes, factors into an enjoyable game. I've mentioned nothing about HDR, 4k, or anything of the sort. I'm the sort of gamer that doesn't give a fuck about that shit. Input lag, though.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2019, 02:26:56 PM »
Because it's pretty obvious that the input lag will improve.

I mean you just referenced playing street fighter 3 online and being happy with it. Which I'm pretty sure 5-10 years ago people thought would be impossible because of input lag. Yet here we are. Single player games will obviously be easier to do.

There was input lag during AC on the Project Stream test, but not enough to ruin the game. And not enough to think it would improve from an already solid base.

It merely needs to get good enough for most people to take off. And most people will already have access to it.

Himu

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Input lag like that doesn't "feel" as  bad with a controller though;  but yeah it's nearly unplayable with a mouse.

Depends on the type of game. In a platformer, yes it does. Completely changes the nature and timing of the jump.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »
Because it's pretty obvious that the input lag will improve.

I mean you just referenced playing street fighter 3 online and being happy with it. Which I'm pretty sure 5-10 years ago people thought would be impossible because of input lag. Yet here we are. Single player games will obviously be easier to do.

There was input lag during AC on the Project Stream test, but not enough to ruin the game. And not enough to think it would improve from an already solid base.

It merely needs to get good enough for most people to take off. And most people will already have access to it.

Online is just a supplement. It's not the real thing (an arcade machine or playing locally). I know many players who refuse to play online even now. :idont Even then, I just tend to play games that would likely be impeded.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »
 :mjcry

BisMarckie

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »
Rax the sole words of wisdom in this thread. Yall some ancient troglodytes with these attacks. If the general consumer was like you guys we would be still using Nokias FFS.
I just bought a Nokia phone for work. :fbm

Himu

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »
Rax the sole words of wisdom in this thread. Yall some ancient troglodytes with these attacks. If the general consumer was like you guys we would be still using Nokias FFS.

:idont

Sometimes high tech doesn't mean better tech.

In order for Google's thing to work:

1. We should all be on fiber connections or fiber equivalent
2. You'd have to completely change the fabric of American online infrastructure
3. Wireless shouldn't be the only option of play
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2019, 03:00:54 PM »
Either way, I don’t think it’s going to replace console gaming. But I think it’s going to do well and give people and publishers options. I think it’s exciting even though I probably won’t use it.

This is something that won’t happen, but I’d love to see people try out Persona 5 or Final Fantasy X because they watched a thing about them on YouTube and then the link to play them was right there.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »

:fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »
ms is no better, the stream dream is dead :shaq2

Himu

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
Northern Virginia - 49 MS

:beli
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »

:trumps

kingv

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
There is a google data center 10 miles from me dawg. Give me that hot and streamy goodness.

Himu

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2019, 03:19:12 PM »
In any case, I realize I'm in the minority. I own a crt for my old systems, I keep my systems and don't sell them towards a new system, and I play old games. So maybe my concerns are irrelevant.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »
I want to emphasize that I think an option for both streaming and hard copy should be possible. Just like today, wireless controllers haven't taken away from the fact you can still play with a wired controller. Both have their own utility. The main concern comes when people talk of one technology "replacing" another.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
tbh not even movie streaming convinced me. No one wants to sign up for more than one or two services at the same time and the offerings on their own are pretty crap. The most basic movies/classics are gone within a month on Netflix, or haven't ever been on there. I don't even want to imagine the licencing hassle for games. Not to mention that converting 60$ products to a stream will no way make for subscriptions as cheap as movies. Unless you go full mobile gacha and lootboxes for everything.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »
tbh not even movie streaming convinced me. No one wants to sign up for more than one or two services at the same time and the offerings on their own are pretty crap. The most basic movies/classics are gone within a month on Netflix, or haven't ever been on there. I don't even want to imagine the licencing hassle for games. Not to mention that converting 60$ products to a stream will no way make for subscriptions as cheap as movies. Unless you go full mobile gacha and lootboxes for everything.
This is true, but to a lot of people the mentality is less "i want to watch X, who has it?" and more "i want to watch anything, what does Netflix offer?".

Himu

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2019, 03:58:52 PM »

Yeah. In the case of something like Netflix you pay once a month. How do you pay for games? Stuff is taken off Netflix all the time. What about when services shutter? Do you own it? Criterion Collection has gone from Netflix to Hulu to FilmStruck. FilmStruck closed down and now Criterion has to make their own service. Never mind that paying for a game has always been more expensive than paying for a movie. So what happens if it I pay monthly and I like this one specific game and it's taken off the service? Or what if I pay full price for the game and it's taken off? We have a something similar to how this is handled already and it's how Apple handles games. Firmware upgrades may or may not work with your games. Entire games have to be completely retooled sometimes to work on new firmware updates. People will deliberately not update so they don't lose their games/apps. I see a similar consumer/developer hostility with a stream service.

However, there's an anomaly in your example. I pay for Netflix and Hulu but I sometimes do rent or buy from Youtube or Amazon. They're safe and it's okay to throw four bucks at Google to rent a movie for a night.

It sounds good for disposable for gaming, but not much beyond that.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
I want to emphasize that I think an option for both streaming and hard copy should be possible. Just like today, wireless controllers haven't taken away from the fact you can still play with a wired controller. Both have their own utility. The main concern comes when people talk of one technology "replacing" another.
I think Google fucked up by not launching a hybrid solution where you could have streaming everywhere but offline play for those who want it

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »
There might be a market for this but its not "teh future of gaming".

If anything gaming is very diverse now. PC doing good, Switch doing good, PS4 doing good, mobile games doing good. Very diverse ecosystem that caters to lots of stuff and people.

Lets not die on any hills here like Oscar did with mobile gaming.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »
I think Google fucked up by not launching a hybrid solution where you could have streaming everywhere but offline play for those who want it

Its called Game Pass. I know the Xbox One isn't viewed in a favorable light on the bore, but as a service, Game Pass has been fucking excellent. There isn't streaming yet, but at this point, its not needed.

If tiers or packages are added, imagine paying $29.99 monthly to play most AAA games right when they launch.
OH!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2019, 05:20:29 PM »
Sure game pass is amazing but xbox is dead outside of the us

Himu

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2019, 05:31:11 PM »
Sure game pass is amazing but xbox is dead outside of the us

I think it’s talking about how game pass works. I’m pretty sure he knows the Xbox sales figures.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2019, 06:50:42 PM »
I’m in for this just for space channel 6 and Panzer Dragoon Saga 2.