Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 887750 times)

Vertigo

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #4680 on: December 05, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4681 on: December 05, 2019, 07:32:54 PM »
future resetti thread

(Image removed from quote.)

Pretty sure that was posted in the Bad Vibes threads a few weeks ago. :holeup
©@©™

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Propagandhim

« Reply #4683 on: December 05, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/noname-black-female-rapper-may-quit-music-says-she-won%E2%80%99t-perform-for-mostly-white-audiences.157059/post-27099015
If white people want to be respectful, they can start by making sure they are welcome in the first place before intruding on black spaces. One baby step towards dismantling white supremacist culture is for white people to stop assuming they are welcome wherever they go by default, whether they paid to be there or not.
It's disappointing how many white people can't get that.
:hmm

How do you adhere to so many double standards and logical inconsistencies in your belief system without your brain leaking out of your ears?  White people are magical faerie-entities to whom conventional physics and the rules just don't apply.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4684 on: December 05, 2019, 08:02:09 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4686 on: December 05, 2019, 08:40:36 PM »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #4687 on: December 05, 2019, 08:42:35 PM »
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4688 on: December 05, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
the most leftest
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4689 on: December 05, 2019, 08:45:38 PM »
If shosta doesn't post by Sunday I'm going to kill myself
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #4690 on: December 05, 2019, 08:47:35 PM »

Okay branduil.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4691 on: December 05, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4694 on: December 05, 2019, 10:58:07 PM »
I'm having thoughts of a sexual natu... aah fuck it here's my dick

Tasty

« Reply #4695 on: December 05, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »
as I said on reddit...

:ego

Go ahead John and keep on doing those cinematic masterpieces like Pacific Rim 2: Electric Boogaloo while inferior actors to you get stuck making high quality television like The Mandalorian.

i understand that he hasn’t had much to work with this entire trilogy but for me he’s probably the weakest actor in the weakest role of the 4 main leads.

these comments are not a good look for him and come off very egotistical.

Not a good look.

Tasty

« Reply #4696 on: December 05, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »
I find it hard to even care about the core trio like I did with Han, Leia, and Luke. Definitely would not be interested in more of these characters, especially on solo acts.

Frankly, I don't care to see most of these characters again.

I don't care very much for Finn as a Character mainly because TLJ (which I generally love) didn't do much with/for him.

With as talented as he and Oscar Isaac are, I couldn’t possibly care less if we never saw either character ever again. Such is my level of being underwhelmed with their arcs . Feel bad for Black SW fans who got their hopes up that he’d be a major player/ Jedi

"Yeah fuck Finn and Poe, I never really liked them anyways.

...DID YOU SAY 'CASSIAN ANDOR SHOW'?!?!?!? :gladbron"

Tasty

« Reply #4697 on: December 05, 2019, 11:31:30 PM »
I'm still surprised at how Issac's filmography since Force Awakens has been universally mediocre to just bad.

Shading Annihilation which is a million times better sci-fi than Star Wars drek :jeanluc

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4698 on: December 05, 2019, 11:53:43 PM »
Liar! Where's the dick pic?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4699 on: December 05, 2019, 11:55:40 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes
damn, i didn't know I was known as someone who sets up alt discord accounts for a thread about sexting /s

No, but you are known as the idiot that has conversations with himself on Twitter.
Spud

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4700 on: December 05, 2019, 11:57:39 PM »
Liar! Where's the dick pic?
I've shared dick pics on many sites, you know those dick pic sites  :betty

ShutUp

« Reply #4701 on: December 06, 2019, 12:34:22 AM »
Finn was destined to be the Han Solo type of character from the beginning. But of course REEE saw him holding a lightsaber back in a TFA trailer so that automatically meant he would be a Jedi.

Fucking idiots  :heh

ShutUp

« Reply #4702 on: December 06, 2019, 12:39:04 AM »
I'm still surprised at how Issac's filmography since Force Awakens has been universally mediocre to just bad.

Shading Annihilation which is a million times better sci-fi than Star Wars drek :jeanluc

Yup. Their minds would shatter if they go take a look at what Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans have done outside the MCU since signing up close to a decade ago. Truly BOMBA city.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4703 on: December 06, 2019, 01:01:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-visits-the-howard-stern-show-for-her-first-interview.157162/post-27094507
User banned (2 weeks): condescending mansplaining + previously warned for condescendingly speaking down to marginalised people
Quote from: Morrigan
I don't agree with Brazil's opinion on her at all (though I do wish others would read his follow-up posts instead of jerking their knees here), but there is nothing sexist in what he said. A lot of the so-called criticism of Clinton you see around does come from sexism, but there's also plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize her too. Let's not conflate things here.
Glad the ResetEra mod team is so invested in clarifying what is and isn't sexism.

So you wanna weigh in on this one or what
She was on Graham Norton last weekend and it had never occurred to me just how much her voice grates. That upwards inflection that she does even multiple times within a fucking sentence is chalkboard and nails to me.
I'll wait

User banned (3 days): perpetuating stereotypes, thread derail

She was on Graham Norton last weekend and it had never occurred to me just how much her voice grates. That upwards inflection that she does even multiple times within a fucking sentence is chalkboard and nails to me.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4704 on: December 06, 2019, 01:10:08 AM »
mansplaining isnt a real thing you absolute pillocks

clothedmacuser

« Reply #4705 on: December 06, 2019, 01:16:57 AM »

Are we gonna finally get the mass suicide going or is Bore just all talk?
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #4706 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-are-you-getting-a-flu-shot-this-year.157425/

Manperson sure am glad we don’t have those moron anti-science/anti-vax mouthbreathers here at resetera.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #4707 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:50 AM »

Are we gonna finally get the mass suicide going or is Bore just all talk?
If james doesn’t kill himself I’m going to murder suicide with TVC.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #4709 on: December 06, 2019, 01:38:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-binary-ot-01101110-01101111-01101110.119742/post-26996788
1. What are your pronouns?
I'm using he/him and they/them right now.

2. How do you like to describe your gender / identity? Are there any terms, identities, or affinities you like to evoke in describing yourself?
My understanding of my gender has drifted over time, since originally realizing I am trans back in 2010. I am amab and originally came out as a binary trans woman nine years ago(I socially transitioned in early 2013), but realized that I am non-binary in 2016. At the time I believed myself to be a demiwoman, but now believe myself to be genderflux. Basically, I'm not a guy, but my gender fluctuates between "demiwoman" and "basically agender".

3. In your experience, does being non-binary feel like having no gender, many genders, fluctuating genders, or both / neither?
My gender fluctuates, between a point close to "binary woman" and somewhere far away from either point of our binary.

4. What's your favorite thing about being non-binary? What's your least favorite? What's something that has surprised you?
My favorite thing is how much my gender has led to exploration about how our society views gender in general.

My least favorite thing is the struggle for visibility, when my expression of gender isn't outside of cis female norms. I have a lot of personal issues with the gender binary, and gaining the privilege of being cis-female after transitioning actually ended up working for me in terms of public comfort(esp in gendered spaces, ie restrooms), but against me in my private life. I've been recently trying to reconcile both.
1) I keep putting on weight and that just makes me feel even more dysphoric because *list of complicated reasons*
2) Every time I see someone hold up another non-binary person as an ideal it's always an androgynous icon. Just seems like that's the "normal" view of what an enby should be. As a fat, bald, male-presenting, bearded, gender-confused person it just makes me feel bad cause it's so hard for me to hit the gender-neutral targets I want to hit and I'll probably never be seen by others in a way that I see myself in my imagination.
3) Somehow I'm still fucking up MY OWN pronouns when telling self-stories to others. Luckily others, and my partner, are better than I am.
4) I'm considering moving to using my middle name for my preferred name as it's far more neutral than "Joshua", but I don't even know how to start.
Normal doesn’t exist to even meter a ‘should’ against. Always ground yourself with that anchor. I know you yourself want to present androgynous and that is you, just don’t lose sight of it not having a bearing on the validity of your identity. It’s shit and it sucks, but don’t use what the world robs from you already to take more from you. You think cis people out there worrying on the daily about how they could present a rift deep within you that sits outside of the gender binary?
Society as a whole is still chained to the binary, and androgyny is a reflection of that: it can only exist in a binary space because it requires those binaries to define itself.

No one will ever see you the way you see yourself. It's impossible. We're ink blots. Seven-dimensional ink-blots in a five-colour spectrum, shifting every moment like oil on water. Everyone will see something different in the pattern unique to them, filtered through their life's experiences. If you want to change the way they see you, you have to change the way they see, not what they see. Teach them that being fat, bald, male-presenting and bearded is as valid a nonbinary identity as any other - if not for yourself, then for all the fat, bald, male-presenting, bearded enbies who follow.
lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4710 on: December 06, 2019, 01:47:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-ask-for-consent-prior-to-sexting.157398/post-27110168

Quote from: GnarlyGunk
I don’t wanna derail the thread so I’ll just say thank you <3
Wait what??? This Booki guy is your ex?
Fam its derailed trust me, and for good reason
*no longer responding. If anyone wants to know more in details I can pm*

SmokyDave

« Reply #4711 on: December 06, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »
Yes it is. Why just this morning I was trying to get simple information out of my wife, but she kept feeding me a long, meandering story. I said “Wife, cut the vaginal nonsense and just give me a straight mansplanation please.”

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4712 on: December 06, 2019, 02:06:27 AM »
Yes it is.

Now if you want to argue that it's unnessecary or maybe unfairly specific, then maybe, but that's a different kind of statement.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4713 on: December 06, 2019, 02:08:14 AM »
mansplain to me what mansplaining is then

benjipwns

« Reply #4714 on: December 06, 2019, 02:08:55 AM »
that'd be squirrelsplain :bolo

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4715 on: December 06, 2019, 02:09:33 AM »
that'd be squirrelsplain :bolo
dont talk about squirrels else james will jump out from behind a tree to molest them :fbm

clothedmacuser

« Reply #4716 on: December 06, 2019, 02:11:35 AM »
Some dork at work would mansplain to me.  I would make a joke such as, "and he was eating squid eyeballs!  It's like the Japanese lost a war or something to eat food like that."

And this ace dude would interject as everyone was having a hearty laugh, "well actually, they did lose a war.  It was known as . . . " 

He just sucked the air out of the room and ruined my hilarity.  I still fantasize about just punching him in the face and everyone ignoring it.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4717 on: December 06, 2019, 02:18:22 AM »
He sounds pretty cool

nudemacusers

« Reply #4718 on: December 06, 2019, 02:20:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-ask-for-consent-prior-to-sexting.157398/post-27110168
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

4,000 posts vs 400. I think we know who to trust.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

NekoFever

« Reply #4719 on: December 06, 2019, 02:29:21 AM »
That sexting thread has a yes/no poll that allows multiple choice answers.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4720 on: December 06, 2019, 02:32:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-visits-the-howard-stern-show-for-her-first-interview.157162/post-27094507
User banned (2 weeks): condescending mansplaining + previously warned for condescendingly speaking down to marginalised people
Quote from: Morrigan
I don't agree with Brazil's opinion on her at all (though I do wish others would read his follow-up posts instead of jerking their knees here), but there is nothing sexist in what he said. A lot of the so-called criticism of Clinton you see around does come from sexism, but there's also plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize her too. Let's not conflate things here.
Glad the ResetEra mod team is so invested in clarifying what is and isn't sexism.

So you wanna weigh in on this one or what
I'll wait

User banned (3 days): perpetuating stereotypes, thread derail

I still maintain that Morrigan is the most thin-skinned cunt on the mod team. She gets away with her behaviour because of reasons I am unable to comprehend. Straight up cunt of a human.
Spud

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4721 on: December 06, 2019, 02:33:16 AM »

Like many things, it has a good basis but gets twisted into a unrecognizable form and misused.
A man chiding/correcting whatever, something a woman does or says isn't necessarily mansplaining.

A really straightforward example, hm, what could you use to describe aside from buffoonery say... me trying to correct a woman on something to do with ovulation cycles that somehow became a conversation point?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4722 on: December 06, 2019, 02:33:37 AM »
I don't use the c-word but she is not a nice lady.

PogiJones

« Reply #4723 on: December 06, 2019, 02:52:14 AM »

Like many things, it has a good basis but gets twisted into a unrecognizable form and misused.
A man chiding/correcting whatever, something a woman does or says isn't necessarily mansplaining.

A really straightforward example, hm, what could you use to describe aside from buffoonery say... me trying to correct a woman on something to do with ovulation cycles that somehow became a conversation point?

I'm sure countless women doctors know more about sperm and prostates than me. Something is either right or wrong, regardless of whose mouth it comes out of.

But I will say that what mansplain was originally meant to convey is a real thing: sexist condescension. If a man tells a woman something in a condescending way because she's a woman, that would fit the original intent. But the term has been poison since the start, and as you said, has only gotten twisted and worse since then.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4724 on: December 06, 2019, 02:55:19 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Not banned. So much for believe all women. No wonder caravans of women are leaving era in droves. You aint slick cerium.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4725 on: December 06, 2019, 02:57:03 AM »
I mean they didn't say they were a woman so i'm not sure who to believe: yet

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4726 on: December 06, 2019, 03:07:49 AM »

I'm sure countless women doctors know more about sperm and prostates than me. Something is either right or wrong, regardless of whose mouth it comes out of.

But I will say that what mansplain was originally meant to convey is a real thing: sexist condescension. If a man tells a woman something in a condescending way because she's a woman, that would fit the original intent. But the term has been poison since the start, and as you said, has only gotten twisted and worse since then.
There's no way to know if a person is being a condescending asshole due to sexism, unless he says something like 'woman please' or whatever else is cartoonishly stupid. We have a word for condescending people already, to inject your own perception into a routine social interaction is something i'm just going to laugh at.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4727 on: December 06, 2019, 03:09:53 AM »
I've known plenty of condescending, pushy people who talk over others and think they know everything, and about half were men and half were women.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4728 on: December 06, 2019, 03:11:21 AM »
I've known plenty of condescending, pushy people who talk over others and think they know everything, and about half were men and half were women.
100% were star wars fans

benjipwns

« Reply #4729 on: December 06, 2019, 03:12:24 AM »
One of the benefits of being genderfluid is that when accused of "mansplaining" you can FACT CHECK their bigot ass for not understanding that you identified as not male during that moment.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4730 on: December 06, 2019, 03:13:43 AM »
The perfect way to do that would be to point at a dictionary, I guess.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/mansplain

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4731 on: December 06, 2019, 03:16:19 AM »
That would be a less controversial use, yeah. Though I'd say that yo mama doesn't need to be fat for yo mama jokes to work, either. It's just that people get hung up on being singled out for their identity.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
understandably
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4732 on: December 06, 2019, 03:17:53 AM »

He doesn't want examples of the word used in a sentence, he wants actual examples of mansplaining. Like actual, real world examples.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4733 on: December 06, 2019, 03:23:46 AM »

Again, that's just being condescending

benjipwns

« Reply #4734 on: December 06, 2019, 03:31:27 AM »
4,000 posts vs 400. I think we know who to trust.
Not to mention someone who was an original Resettler vs. someone who registered in August 2019. Not slick, gator.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4735 on: December 06, 2019, 03:31:39 AM »
Now imagine the man being condescending is doing it based on the presumption that the woman they're talking to doesn't know the thing, specifically because she is a woman (yes, this is also a presumption, no need to point it out).

benjipwns

« Reply #4736 on: December 06, 2019, 03:46:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-witnessed-some-casual-racism-wtf.157327/post-27095968
User Banned (Duration Pending): Racist rhetoric over multiple posts

I thought the term "negro" was a slur but there were some recent articles posted on resetera that casually use it

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-root-pete-buttigieg-is-a-lying-mf.155393/
This post is a pretty gussied-up way to say "But black people say it, why can't I say it?"
fuck off, you troll. The word appears in the first sentence of an article on a fairly mainstream site and no one in that thread reacts to it. It made me wonder if outside my country it saw use.
Wtf, calm down dude.

And no, that word isn't mainstream even if it is in a mainstream site.
Guy managed several leaps of logic from my posting a link to the word being used where people's reactions did not match my own to it meaning I must want to secretly chant the word in public. I've worked on anti-racism campaigns before, I'm not going to put up with some internet troll trying to stir up drama for e-points.

And I didn't say the word was mainstream, I said the site was, i.e. not a fringe source that might sneak an offensive word in there for an agenda. I don't see how you could conclude from that that I'm saying the word is mainstream.
:idont

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4737 on: December 06, 2019, 03:48:51 AM »
Now imagine the man being condescending is doing it based on the presumption that the woman they're talking to doesn't know the thing, specifically because she is a woman (yes, this is also a presumption, no need to point it out).
that's like your opinion man  :idont

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4738 on: December 06, 2019, 03:59:18 AM »
That's a whole other ball game. Mansplaining is certainly "a thing" though, regardless of whether you think it should exist as a concept. And I'm enough of a condescending bore to feel the need to point it out.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4739 on: December 06, 2019, 04:01:30 AM »
That's a whole other ball game. Mansplaining is certainly "a thing" though, regardless of whether you think it should exist as a concept. And I'm enough of a condescending bore to feel the need to point it out.
Disagree, but you do you