Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 878493 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
why is there so much posting?  imma go ly dwn till you guys get off the meth

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET TO THE SWEETNICOLE POST FACTORY?!?

benjipwns

It is poetic that this is how the trans awareness week thread turned out, considering the issues the trans community has been facing here for months
:idont

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Mod rotation desperately needs to happen. With what happened on NeoGAF you'd think maybe there would be some foresight with that

The NeoGAF standard of once you commit a sex crime, you have to be rotated out.
Judging by Finale Fireworker, I think it's a 3 strikes system

Nah they got that kristoffer guy after one incident, although she was just 11
:O

benjipwns

IT'S HERE

Quote from: SweetNicole
Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime and offer my two cents on the ongoing situation. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m a former administrator for this website, and a transgender person myself. I also own and co-run the TransEra community discord. With that context out of the way, let’s dig into things.

First of all, I think the mod post in this thread misunderstands what the actual issue is from the community’s perspective. The community’s issue is not with leaks. The community’s issue is not with investigations. The community’s issue is with how the situation was handled.

It is one thing to ban a member for leaking something that was private. I think most people can understand that logic, even if they don’t necessarily agree with the decision. Where you lost people is when you decide to start talking about investigating the issue seriously, as if there was ever going to be any kind of chat log or read receipt in Discord that provided a smoking gun. The entire ‘investigation’ could never be more than he said, she said, for that’s all that Discord provides you.

I am very frustrated to see that the staff has a willingness to take a swing at a banned member who can no longer speak for herself here in a thread about transgender awareness, no less. The sheer lack of awareness is mind boggling. To take a shot by saying, ‘Ketkat understood the importance of privacy in safe spaces, as she has championed this herself,’ isn’t just low, it is quite frankly pathetic. Why would ever think it is ok to take a snide shot at someone like this in an official capacity? I cannot believe that there is an administrator on staff who approved this. It makes staff look like the pettiest people on the planet, taking a shot at a former trans member of the community loved by the community in a thread about the trans community.

The community doesn’t care about how the ResetEra staff feels right now. It isn’t about the ResetEra staff feeling comfortable, it is about the ResetEra community feeling comfortable. Ultimately, the staff serves the community, not the other way around. When I was on staff, I was always willing to make myself uncomfortable if it meant making the community more comfortable, even if it meant having hard conversations that lasted long hours. That’s part of being a volunteer, and that is part of serving. It isn’t about you, the staff, it is about us, the community. That is something that has absolutely been lost as time has gone on.

There’s a lot more I could say on my feelings, but my feelings are ultimately moot at this point, and so are words. What really matters at this point is actions. ResetEra staff, whether you agree with them or not (and I hope you do), the community feels extremely wronged right now. People are hurting, and they’re hurting because you’ve hurt them. Now is the time to show that y’all really at the good people I know and worked alongside for years. Do the right thing, and show it with your words, not with your actions.

I would suggest the following:
The moderator who made the post that has been linked around this thread needs to resign. In order for the community to move on and to heal, sometimes it is necessary for oneself to step aside. In this case, it is time for you to step aside and allow the healing process to begin.
An apology should be posted for this whole situation. In this apology, you should clearly outline the steps that you take when evaluating transphobic content or other content that is anti-LGBT. There are plenty of us in the community that are former staff and could as easily articulate these rules, but you need to step forward and tell the community what they are. And then, you have to let the community hold you accountable to them. That’s how you will open the door for the community to restore trust in you, by enforcing this policy (that you already have) not with your words, but with your actions.
There needs to be a greater diversification in the administration table. This is something that has been great in the past, but after most of the original administration left, is severely lacking now. Please correct this decision with serious administration changes that will result in better conversations in the administration room with voices who are more concerned about doing right by the community than doing right by the moderation rulebook.
And, this really should be a given, but at this point, Ketkat should be unbanned. Right or wrong, it doesn’t really matter how you feel about it. It will be a good starting sign to restorting the trust between the community and staff. If Ketkat breaks the rules again, that’s on her, but right now, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is keeping the community together and restoring the trust that has been broken.

This is by no means the only things that have to happen or the only things that can happen, but I would call this a good start. It is hard. It is going to not be particularly fun for anyone involved. But, at the end of the day, it is worth it because this community and ResetEra are worth it. I urge to do this at all haste.

If you have any questions for me, my inboxes are always open. If others have suggestions or amendums to this list they'd like to see, please feel free to mention them, tihs was simply the first few big points that came to my mind.

Thanks,
Nicole

benjipwns

Mother fuckers

ShutUp

People are tired of having to contend with micro-aggressions on this website.

Every micro-aggression is already dog piled and swiftly banned though. They want the safe space to be even more of a safe space?

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
IT'S HERE

Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime and offer my two cents on the ongoing situation. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m a former administrator for this website, and a transgender person myself. I also own and co-run the TransEra community discord. With that context out of the way, let’s dig into things.

First of all, I think the mod post in this thread misunderstands what the actual issue is from the community’s perspective. The community’s issue is not with leaks. The community’s issue is not with investigations. The community’s issue is with how the situation was handled.

It is one thing to ban a member for leaking something that was private. I think most people can understand that logic, even if they don’t necessarily agree with the decision. Where you lost people is when you decide to start talking about investigating the issue seriously, as if there was ever going to be any kind of chat log or read receipt in Discord that provided a smoking gun. The entire ‘investigation’ could never be more than he said, she said, for that’s all that Discord provides you.

I am very frustrated to see that the staff has a willingness to take a swing at a banned member who can no longer speak for herself here in a thread about transgender awareness, no less. The sheer lack of awareness is mind boggling. To take a shot by saying, ‘Ketkat understood the importance of privacy in safe spaces, as she has championed this herself,’ isn’t just low, it is quite frankly pathetic. Why would ever think it is ok to take a snide shot at someone like this in an official capacity? I cannot believe that there is an administrator on staff who approved this. It makes staff look like the pettiest people on the planet, taking a shot at a former trans member of the community loved by the community in a thread about the trans community.

The community doesn’t care about how the ResetEra staff feels right now. It isn’t about the ResetEra staff feeling comfortable, it is about the ResetEra community feeling comfortable. Ultimately, the staff serves the community, not the other way around. When I was on staff, I was always willing to make myself uncomfortable if it meant making the community more comfortable, even if it meant having hard conversations that lasted long hours. That’s part of being a volunteer, and that is part of serving. It isn’t about you, the staff, it is about us, the community. That is something that has absolutely been lost as time has gone on.

There’s a lot more I could say on my feelings, but my feelings are ultimately moot at this point, and so are words. What really matters at this point is actions. ResetEra staff, whether you agree with them or not (and I hope you do), the community feels extremely wronged right now. People are hurting, and they’re hurting because you’ve hurt them. Now is the time to show that y’all really at the good people I know and worked alongside for years. Do the right thing, and show it with your words, not with your actions.

I would suggest the following:
The moderator who made the post that has been linked around this thread needs to resign. In order for the community to move on and to heal, sometimes it is necessary for oneself to step aside. In this case, it is time for you to step aside and allow the healing process to begin.
An apology should be posted for this whole situation. In this apology, you should clearly outline the steps that you take when evaluating transphobic content or other content that is anti-LGBT. There are plenty of us in the community that are former staff and could as easily articulate these rules, but you need to step forward and tell the community what they are. And then, you have to let the community hold you accountable to them. That’s how you will open the door for the community to restore trust in you, by enforcing this policy (that you already have) not with your words, but with your actions.
There needs to be a greater diversification in the administration table. This is something that has been great in the past, but after most of the original administration left, is severely lacking now. Please correct this decision with serious administration changes that will result in better conversations in the administration room with voices who are more concerned about doing right by the community than doing right by the moderation rulebook.
And, this really should be a given, but at this point, Ketkat should be unbanned. Right or wrong, it doesn’t really matter how you feel about it. It will be a good starting sign to restorting the trust between the community and staff. If Ketkat breaks the rules again, that’s on her, but right now, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is keeping the community together and restoring the trust that has been broken.

This is by no means the only things that have to happen or the only things that can happen, but I would call this a good start. It is hard. It is going to not be particularly fun for anyone involved. But, at the end of the day, it is worth it because this community and ResetEra are worth it. I urge to do this at all haste.

If you have any questions for me, my inboxes are always open. If others have suggestions or amendums to this list they'd like to see, please feel free to mention them, tihs was simply the first few big points that came to my mind.

Thanks,
Nicole
Turncoat!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
:goldberg
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reminder-that-theres-a-trans-awareness-week-thread-stickied-at-the-top.153948/
Quote from: Steel, post: 26602114, member: 5740
Long story short, you should be aware of what's going on in it.
Quote from: Kaelan, post: 26602124, member: 2393
In before a lock! 🤡🤡🤡

glad to see  this thread
Quote from: inguef, post: 26602126, member: 21709
Let's praise Chick-Fil-A some more today!
Quote from: Knuckle Sandwich, post: 26602184, member: 2109
Unban ketkat, ban the mods.
Quote from: MaximumSpider, post: 26602192, member: 4532
free ketkat, tell us what's happening behind the scenes, and then ban yourselves
ど助平

benjipwns

BAN YOURSELF AND KILL YOURSELF

benjipwns

Yo Royalan: retire, bitch.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Everyone spam Yuka pics until yuki is unbanned!
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
In order for the community to move on and to heal, sometimes it is necessary for oneself to step aside. In this case, it is time for you to step aside and allow the healing process to begin.

heal from what lmfao

benjipwns

Members online
Guests online

james

Isn't discord a free chat app? How do you own one?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Everyone spam Yuka pics until yuki is unbanned!

Yuka isn't banned, my phriend;)

But it's not the same after she was defiled by the traitor fuudo  :'(

:nsfw
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
oh more gaf micro community drama. why get made into a giant dad by moderators? make your own board and run it like you want to, you absolute smooth brains.

benjipwns

What did royalan say?
transgender people should be murdered until they stop posting on forums he moderates

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
There needs to be a greater diversification in the administration table. This is something that has been great in the past, but after most of the original administration left, is severely lacking now.
She's so mad that she was forced out :neogaf
每天生气

Drainage

We could use some help with making more threads about this. If mods are gonna lock 'em as fast as they can be posted we may as well go whole hog.

:trigger

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
oh more gaf micro community drama. why get made into a giant dad by moderators? make your own board and run it like you want to you absolute smooth brains.
Or just cry and riot on reset and give cerium advertising bucks for no reason

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Boredfrom

Honestly this is extra spicy and wild because it was ROYALAN who made Cerium bend the knee and demanded that Resetera take a completely unwavering stance in support of progressive causes etc rather than pretending to be a neutral place. And then the next day Cerium made that big write up about how Resetera was unapologetically in pro LGBT, anti-racist, and so on.

Royalan is such a fucking idiot, he never realized he was not as progressive he thought he was.

shosta

This is like when Mao started the cultural revolution to take revenge on the party for pushing him out after the great leap forward
每天生气

benjipwns

I recommend people start screenshotting the involved threads just in case it gets that bad, of course.
DOXXING

shosta

Royalan is such a fucking idiot, he never realized he was not as progressive he thought he was.
No, this is a dumb take.
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
In all seriousness, Ree did turned quick on their own. Holy shit.

Boredfrom

There needs to be a greater diversification in the administration table. This is something that has been great in the past, but after most of the original administration left, is severely lacking now.
She's so mad that she was forced out :neogaf

Why is SweetNicole pretending she was not kicked out for similar reasons?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
oh more gaf micro community drama. why get made into a giant dad by moderators? make your own board and run it like you want to, you absolute smooth brains.

Because they won't get the attention they keep crying for on a tiny little unknown forum.  :'(
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
oh more gaf micro community drama. why get made into a giant dad by moderators? make your own board and run it like you want to you absolute smooth brains.
Or just cry and riot on reset and give cerium advertising bucks for no reason

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

james

Benji, please tell me Nicole's post gets ignored because nobody likes her

ShutUp

The audacity of that Sweet Nicole post, holy shit.

shosta

TBH Nicole was better than any mod is now
每天生气

Boredfrom

No, this is a dumb take.

Why? The guy is a Kamala Harris supporter and “pro Israel”.

benjipwns

I honestly do not even know where to even start when talking about how the mod staff is acting right now. They are supposed to be better then pulling this shadowy ass bullshit and trying to cover stuff up, I am getting some real flash backs here back to what happened in the Etika thread. This is just going too far and all of the Trans people on this site should feel 100% SAFE to talk freely and post here. And I will say it again because it deserves to be said.

Trans Posters Should Feel Safe To Post On ERA!

We need to do better with how things are handled on this site with it's staff.
✊🏻 Trans Power ✊🏻 Ace Power ✊🏻 Against all powers ✊🏻
If, for some reason, I'm banned during all this ruckus, I'd like everyone to know it wasn't requested.
Same.
if i suddenly go silent it was the brother moderator/administrator who is trying to keep their sex scand

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Honestly this is extra spicy and wild because it was ROYALAN who made Cerium bend the knee and demanded that Resetera take a completely unwavering stance in support of progressive causes etc rather than pretending to be a neutral place. And then the next day Cerium made that big write up about how Resetera was unapologetically in pro LGBT, anti-racist, and so on.

Ironic, he could save others but he couldn’t save himself.
©@©™

shosta

Fuck off mods
:rejoice
每天生气

benjipwns

Benji, please tell me Nicole's post gets ignored because nobody likes her
Just listen to Nicole please.
Thanks Nicole that is truly a wonderful post

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Because they won't get the attention they keep crying for on a tiny little unknown forum.  :'(

shosta

fat4all :dead
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-trip-down-memory-lane.153947/
Quote from: Subpar Scrub, post: 26602081, member: 1130
Remember when Evilore locked threads and banned people instead of sharing any information or having civil discourse? Remember when it was because there were behind-the-scenes issues happening and nobody was being held accountable for throwing their weight around to stifle complaints and prevent accountability? Remember how we, as a community, were going to move to a more transparent and open discussion platform to avoid that crap?

Sick one.

Mods, please just inform us on what you're going to do instead of remaining silent and insta-locking any discussion on the shit going on in the trans awareness thread:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/page-13[/URL]

In b4 ban, but I won't accept this shit again.
ど助平

shosta

It will take staff time to respond. Things never move particularly fast for staff, even at the best of times.
lol
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
In all seriousness, Ree did turned quick on their own. Holy shit.

It's never enough, the Y-aniv thread showed that much.

edit: filters OUT

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
THE FIRE RISES

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
meanwhile on bore

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
I can't believe Cerium sold out to the PRC for that Big Conservative Money (Rubles)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Oh man SweetNicole for some bizarre reason wrote a THE STATEMENT. This night has me in forum drama heaven. Right behind Showergate and Amir0x’s downfall.
serge

shosta

It seems like Yukiko™ may have been unbanned, absolutely cowardly, pathetic, and disgusting that they were ever banned to begin with

Now unban ketkat! It's so easy! :lol
每天生气

ShutUp

Everybody ever banned from ERA in its short history is wondering where this rage was when they got banned for petty reasons. Reasons for bans being kept secret were fine then, of course.

benjipwns

Wonderful post. Thank you so much for this.

Free KetKat
Free Yuki
Ban Acephobe Staff
Ban Acephobe Sympathizers

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
When the mods didn’t lock the Joker $1bn thread, we should have seen the writing on the wall.
©@©™

Boredfrom

Shosta, I’m still waiting for an answer of why Royalan is a progressive when he is exactly the kind of Democrat that RE hates with passion. :bolo

shosta

That this is happening on this week of all weeks is not ok.

IT IS NOT OK.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Oh man SweetNicole for some bizarre reason wrote a THE STATEMENT. This night has me in forum drama heaven. Right behind Showergate and Amir0x’s downfall.
isnt that fucker on parole now? Bet he's posting secretly

benjipwns

Seconded. I've been writing and rewriting posts for the last 10 minutes. The trans and ace communities should feel safe to post here, but we've failed them in that regard. Nicole's response is probably better than anything I could come up with, but things never should have gotten to this point of feeling unsafe to actually be here

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I don't know why they're locking threads when you can just delete them :lol

Archives, nicca. Streisand effect. "Oh we didn't delete threads!" "The fuck you didn't."

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

it is what makes this thread all worth it in the end

benjipwns

seems like there is little to no mod vetting here

shosta

Shosta, I’m still waiting for an answer of why Royalan is a progressive when he is exactly the kind of Democrat that RE hates with passion. :bolo
I'm talking about on cultural issues, bruh. He's gay, he's black, he's always been the loudest voice in the room when it comes to this stuff. He's a perfect representative of what Resetera wants and was literally the most important person when it came to changing Resetera into what it is so if he doesn't pass the purity test then fucking nobody does. And the fact that they want to ban morrigan now, one of the most stalwart feminists there, is the icing on the cake.

It shows how ridiculous the forum has been since the very beginning. Everyone went crazy and pointed fingers over and over again and now we're here.
每天生气

benjipwns

they better ban everyone who compared then to cops for "inflammatory point of comparison"

two day ban

benjipwns

As post #673 so articulately points out, the issue goes higher up the ladder than just the mod team. IMO, and pardon me for resorting to this term, likely an entire reset is in order if we wish some semblance of reform here.
BOOOOO THIS MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOO