Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1070212 times)

Bebpo

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #14340 on: August 18, 2021, 12:22:05 AM »
Uhhhhhhhhh

Someone is really stupid who set that up. The people getting a shot on site will still not be vaccinated for the event. Though I guess the idea is they will be vaccinated for a game in the future.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14341 on: August 18, 2021, 02:06:08 AM »
Governor of Texas has the rona

:tauntaun :delicious :success :woody :girlaff :crowdlaff :birb

Good, I hope he dies, fuck Abbott.  Our AG is the next that needs to, as well.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14343 on: August 18, 2021, 11:28:21 AM »
Governor of Texas has the rona

:tauntaun :delicious :success :woody :girlaff :crowdlaff :birb

Good, I hope he dies, fuck Abbott.  Our AG is the next that needs to, as well.

He won't cuz he got vaxxed. Instead he'll have a light case, recover, and say that covid is nbd.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14345 on: August 19, 2021, 01:07:03 PM »
are those US officials being told to say that by pfizer etc tho :money

(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14346 on: August 19, 2021, 05:11:54 PM »
can you mix n match  ???

if I got the pfizer, can I follow up with a moderna booster  :)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14347 on: August 20, 2021, 12:45:15 AM »

There was two different Wuhan strains affecting people at the same time in Wuhan. Nobody in the lab leak theory has an answer to that.

Yes, because its impossible that a leaky lab could have been working on two genetically different strains at the same time.
[/quote]

Okay, you tell me how two different strains of the same virus leaked at the same time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14348 on: August 20, 2021, 01:58:28 PM »
can you mix n match  ???

if I got the pfizer, can I follow up with a moderna booster  :)
You can actually.

After Astra Zenica was halted a bunch of folks got Pfizer or Moderna as a second shot.
Turns out the AZ/Pfizer combo provides the best protection against the virus.

Canada is radicalizing fast with this nut job at the helm
https://twitter.com/punditclass/status/1428537571676618756
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #14349 on: August 20, 2021, 09:11:21 PM »
Yeah, I wish there was some official recommendation to mix and match for booster shots because some studies make it look like that would give better protection but pretty sure all the boosters in the USA are just gonna be a 3rd shot of whatever you got for the first two.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:34:33 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14351 on: August 21, 2021, 12:38:09 PM »
dutch thotties outchea  :shaq

go out and protests for your rights, nintex  :)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14352 on: August 21, 2021, 01:25:21 PM »
Planning a trip to Switzerland next weekend, not going to risk catching COVID from the sheeple  :snob
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14353 on: August 21, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »
swiss whores  :bow :bow :bow :swiss :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #14354 on: August 22, 2021, 03:17:51 PM »
地平線

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14356 on: August 22, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
the deep-state and Corp media should swallow their pride and start giving trump big credit for the vaccine imo :rollsafe
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14357 on: August 23, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »
Full FDA support for Pfizer now. Wonder how the "I'm not taking it because it's not fully FDA approved" people will move the goalposts now.
^_^

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14358 on: August 23, 2021, 10:07:57 AM »
Full FDA support for Pfizer now. Wonder how the "I'm not taking it because it's not fully FDA approved" people will move the goalposts now.

"The FDA is just a puppet for the liberal Biden Regime"

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #14359 on: August 23, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »

"The FDA is just a puppet for the liberal Biden Regime"

You mean it isn’t?  :gurl  :kermit
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14360 on: August 23, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
Can you imagine if they rejected it though,

Would be worth it for the lols

In Minecraft
:O

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14361 on: August 23, 2021, 11:19:53 AM »
The FDA: LOL this shit will actually kill you Alex Jones was right

Everyone who had it: :dead

Antivaxxers:  :patel

:info
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14362 on: August 23, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »
FDA approved vaccine :nope

TRUMP approved vaccine :ohyeah

"If it doesn't work you'll be the first to know" - Donald J. Trump
🤴

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #14363 on: August 23, 2021, 02:02:26 PM »

Don't worry

https://twitter.com/JonathanDylla/status/1429805170314158085
地平線

T-Short

• hooker strangler
地平線

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14365 on: August 23, 2021, 02:59:27 PM »
Another fantastic piece by the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58281664

Case numbers now are more than 30 times higher than at the same point last year and are showing signs of climbing again.

So what does this all mean and where might we be heading?

However, this still reflects how far we've come with vaccination - if there had been 37,000 cases a day last summer it would have had a severe impact on the NHS. Instead jabs are saving lives.

Now, because of increased testing for events and trips abroad, we're picking up people without symptoms, too. Again, that's down to the success of the vaccine programme.

I mean that's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it is that at similar times of the year (summer, when spread is going to be less severe), with essentially the same level of restrictions (i.e. none), but no test and trace, no travel restrictions whatsoever, and no vaccines, there were 30x fewer cases last year.

WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A BIG PROBLEM.

What really matters now is the number of people becoming so ill that they need hospital treatment.

What also REALLY matters is to not have that level of spread among an imperfectly vaccinated population. Because guess what you're more likely to be running into? Escape variants!

Prof Hunter said: "Pretty much everybody was predicting that cases would rocket and they fell.

I'm pretty sure there were quite a few people expecting that it wouldn't necessarily skyrocket, because one key factor encouraging the spread (despite what Bojo and his pals said, and the BBC didn't dare question this once) i.e. schools, would be gone over the summer.

But might we be nearing the end?

Yes I'm sure it's a great idea to suggest this again, after your last article titled asking "iS CovID OVeR lOLz?" a few weeks ago when cases started dipping a little bit.

Fucking morons.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14366 on: August 23, 2021, 03:03:22 PM »

Vaccinated people: :success :win

Anti-vaxxers: :ltg :rage
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14367 on: August 23, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »
When schools and universities open up again after everyone is back from summer vacation, it will be clear how things stand in Europe.

In the Netherlands we have the bare minimum in COVID regulations. The government tries to get attention from time to time (currently people that watch sports are told they shouldn't leave their seats) but everyone knows the ship has already sailed.
When we look at France, Australia or Canada from our point of view it is complete madness and unnecessary to still do lockdowns, wear masks and have people carry a health pass.

The only thing that has stuck is working from home, ordering shit online and not shaking hands.  :idont

Our government plans to send everyone a free test at the end of the summer, to make sure people won't take COVID to school/work after the summer.

I feel like the UK is following the same trajectory as us, high vaccination rates too and the 'explosion' of cases that everyone feared when regulations were scrapped didn't happen.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #14368 on: August 23, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »
My gf's going to Florida on Sunday to take a cruise from there. Don't feel great about that at all. Nothing I can do about it though, we've had discussions and it's her choice. I'm going to hope she doesn't get delta or one of the newer strains there and ask her to quarantine upon return and take a covid test about 4-5 days after returning before I see her. Seems like the best we can do given the situation. :derp

From all the info I'm seeing about Florida I truly believe it's impossible to fly into Florida and go around and fly out and not catch covid, even fully vaccinated.

Raist

« Reply #14369 on: August 23, 2021, 04:03:19 PM »
Florida AND a cruise?

YOLO I guess.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14370 on: August 23, 2021, 04:08:26 PM »
if you asked the average person "what is the best most surefire way to catch covid?" number one answer would be going to florida and taking a cruise   :) she's doing it just for fun  :smug
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 04:26:46 PM by team filler »

Bebpo

« Reply #14371 on: August 23, 2021, 04:10:04 PM »
I actually feel Cruises are pretty safe given the newest information we've been getting. They're constantly testing, only taking on vaccinated people, are 99% outdoors sea air and then indoors in your own cabin and dining.

There are dozens or hundreds of cruises going on currently with regularly testing and only 1 or 2 have had covid case outbreaks and those that have like that Carnival Cruise in Belize that had 27 people test positive...only 1 person was a passenger and they were likely the person who started it all. No other passengers got it, only the crew who are in tight indoor living situations on cruises.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-13/27-people-aboard-carnival-cruise-test-positive-for-covid-19

There hasn't been a single pre-vaccines cruise outbreak yet where 70% of everyone on board gets it. Keep in mind in the above one 27 people got it out of like 4,500 or something. That's a .6% chance of catching it on a cruise where there's actually an outbreak.

Honestly if I was on a cruise leaving Seattle or Canada or something I'd feel safer than being in a lot of places in the USA atm. So I'm not worried about her catching covid on the cruise. Just worried about getting to the cruise in covid capital Florida and getting back from it. If I was going to Florida I'd buy a fucking hazmat suit.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14372 on: August 23, 2021, 04:11:49 PM »
Weren't the first reports of vaccinated people catching delta from florida cruises?

Bebpo

« Reply #14373 on: August 23, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
To be fair they weren't enforcing proof of vaccination on cruises until like a month ago.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14374 on: August 23, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »
Cruises were notorious for spreading disease prior to covid.  I get they are trying to take covid very seriously, but all it takes is 1 person to slip through the cracks and you will be getting an outbreak.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14375 on: August 23, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
My gf's going to Florida on Sunday to take a cruise from there. Don't feel great about that at all. Nothing I can do about it though, we've had discussions and it's her choice. I'm going to hope she doesn't get delta or one of the newer strains there and ask her to quarantine upon return and take a covid test about 4-5 days after returning before I see her. Seems like the best we can do given the situation. :derp

From what I've seen on MTV Spring Break, she should be more worried about Syphilis.
woke

Bebpo

« Reply #14376 on: August 23, 2021, 07:34:51 PM »
Cruises were notorious for spreading disease prior to covid.  I get they are trying to take covid very seriously, but all it takes is 1 person to slip through the cracks and you will be getting an outbreak.

But that is happening! See above link about Carnival cruise where 1 person slipped through and there was an outbreak.

And out of 3,000 passengers, only 1 passenger got infected! And they could have been the passenger that brought it onboard in the first place.

Idk, I'm not pro-cruise at all and think yeah they're plague ships, but every block down the street where I live feels more dangerous than a cruise just going by the latest statistics. My friends went karaoke last weekend for a birthday. Drunk group of vaccinated people shouting in a small room for hours = I'd rather take my chances on a cruise lol

From what I've seen on MTV Spring Break, she should be more worried about Syphilis.

But to get Syphilis don't you need to ---ohhhhh  :doge

james

« Reply #14377 on: August 23, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
Carnival had someone die of covid on the ship last week

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14378 on: August 23, 2021, 08:08:29 PM »
and for that person the carnival will never end  :)

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #14379 on: August 24, 2021, 12:23:46 AM »
The hospital I work at finally called for the vaccine mandate today for all employees. They were just waiting on FDA approval.

The ride has started.
rub

Bebpo

« Reply #14380 on: August 24, 2021, 03:12:40 AM »
Florida AND a cruise?

YOLO I guess.

if you asked the average person "what is the best most surefire way to catch covid?" number one answer would be going to florida and taking a cruise   :) she's doing it just for fun  :smug

Actually it's Florida + Cruise + The Bahamas which as of 10 hours ago are now USA travel advisory risk 4 tier area

https://thepointsguy.com/news/travel-advisory-bahamas/

Anyhow, I tried talking about it tonight but got nowhere. She's like I'm vaccinated and I wear a mask and am careful, I'll be fine.

:'(

I mean at the end of the day it's her life. Doesn't effect me if I don't see her until post a quarantine period. But since I actually do care about her it sucks because I think this is a terrible idea and she won't listen.

Also I got her a pack of quality N95 masks for the trip and she didn't know what an N95 mask is. I guess your average person doesn't know the difference between masks still 1.5 years into the pandemic? Seems weird to me but I'm very high internet information consumer.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

« Reply #14382 on: August 24, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
Actually it's Florida + Cruise + The Bahamas which as of 10 hours ago are now USA travel advisory risk 4 tier area

Maybe this is her way of breaking up with you?

:fbm

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14383 on: August 24, 2021, 10:02:44 AM »

I mean at the end of the day it's her life. Doesn't effect me if I don't see her until post a quarantine period. But since I actually do care about her it sucks because I think this is a terrible idea and she won't listen.

If it's any consolation, on the balance of probability she'll probably be okay - even when she's inevitably exposed to the kung flu.

Must be frustrating for you though - are you going to have a little distance from her when she gets back, to avoid potentially picking up anything?
woke

james

« Reply #14384 on: August 24, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »
Zika

Bebpo

« Reply #14386 on: August 24, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
I think I'm going to go get my booster shot today. Supposedly it's just walk-in at Walgreens in the USA. Fingers crossed I don't get fucked up like shot #2.

If it's any consolation, on the balance of probability she'll probably be okay - even when she's inevitably exposed to the kung flu.

Must be frustrating for you though - are you going to have a little distance from her when she gets back, to avoid potentially picking up anything?

Yeah, we don't live together so if I don't actively try to see her I won't. I'm going to not see her for like 7-10 days, and I'll ask her to get a covid test to make sure she's clear.

That said, I haven't told her this yet. I don't want her to feel guilty about going on her trip and if she's going to go anyways she might as well have a good time and not be bummed. So I'm not going to say anything about not seeing her after she gets back until she lands and is back.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14387 on: August 24, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14388 on: August 24, 2021, 05:45:13 PM »
komrade jerry  :juche

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Raist

« Reply #14391 on: August 25, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-58328945

Scotland's record number of Covid cases is partly being fuelled by the return of schools after the summer holidays, the deputy first minister has said.

:pika

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14392 on: August 25, 2021, 05:05:10 PM »
We need Dr. James to crunch these numbers, how many will be infected?
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14393 on: August 25, 2021, 06:04:51 PM »

From all the info I'm seeing about Florida I truly believe it's impossible to fly into Florida and go around and fly out and not catch covid, even fully vaccinated.

Sorry to tell ya, Bebsy, but you’ve been putting your dick in crazy.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #14395 on: August 25, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »
Explain my horse cock then

T-Short

• hooker strangler
地平線

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14397 on: August 27, 2021, 08:39:09 AM »
The Japanese government recommends using it
https://twitter.com/brenontheroad/status/1429624844379824129

Denmark with a 80% vaccination rate has declared COVID is no longer a threat and will scale back measures accordingly.
After The Netherlands and the UK the third country to do so I think.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14398 on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:00 AM »
One doctor doesn't represent the entire Japanese Government

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14399 on: August 27, 2021, 12:58:34 PM »
dog