Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1071469 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #14400 on: August 27, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »
Explain my horse cock then

You live in Asia and have been comparing it to locals in the public baths?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14402 on: August 27, 2021, 07:26:55 PM »
Some of you are alright, don’t take the horse medicine.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14403 on: August 27, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »
But it was on Joe Rogan  :rogan
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14404 on: August 29, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »

Idiots

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14405 on: August 30, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
My blood pressure shot up unhealthily and I was unable to finish watching that.

I'm listening to You Are Not So Smart's podcast on talking to people who are "vaccine hesitant." It makes a number of good points about how to think about the swathes of people who are not willing to take the vaccine, and ways to engage them. But I'm already in Idaho, dealing with my mother, who has dementia. It's difficult enough to deal with irrationality in my own mother. People with brains that are arguably working should not need special handling and mollycoddling just to address their petulance.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14406 on: August 30, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, Palau has fallen
The tiny Pacific nation of Palau reported its first cases of coronavirus Saturday, losing its prized status as one of the world's few Covid-free countries as authorities appealed for calm.

Two travelers, who tested positive after arriving from the U.S. territory of Guam, have been placed in quarantine along with their known contacts.

“We urge everyone to remain calm,” the Ministry of Health said in a statement after deciding against imposing lockdown measures.

https://mvariety.com/news/palau-loses-virus-free-status-with-first-covid-cases/article_85843a5e-04d9-11ec-8848-3f0244bbf45d.html
:O

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14407 on: August 30, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »
Terrorists win.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14408 on: August 30, 2021, 06:28:42 PM »
Good thing I carry pictures of other people's horses with me at all times.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14409 on: August 30, 2021, 10:00:14 PM »
 :nope  Getting a vaccine that's been administered to billions of people and found to be overwhelmingly safe.
 :ohyeah   Avoiding the vaccination because you "don't know what's in it" and self-administering horse worming medication instead because some dickhead on Fox News told you to.
Spud

james

« Reply #14410 on: August 31, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
Reddit subs have gone private to fight back the pro-anti-vax admin team

https://www.reddit.com/r/N8theGr8/comments/pelle1/subs_going_dark/

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #14412 on: August 31, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »
Reddit subs have gone private to fight back the pro-anti-vax admin team

https://www.reddit.com/r/N8theGr8/comments/pelle1/subs_going_dark/

cAN'T believe /r/pokimanefeet went dark

fix this shit reddit. kill the horse dewormers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14413 on: September 01, 2021, 03:12:33 AM »

who is ted danson?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14415 on: September 01, 2021, 11:39:16 AM »

james

« Reply #14416 on: September 02, 2021, 07:26:41 PM »
+10,006 cases in Israel today, an all time high

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #14417 on: September 03, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »
Moderna Inc.'s Covid vaccine generated more than double the antibodies of a similar shot made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE in research that compared immune responses evoked by the two inoculations.

The study is one of the first to compare levels of antibodies produced by the two vaccines, which are thought to be one of the important components of the immune response. It didn't examine whether the antibody differences led to a difference in efficacy over time between the two shots, which both were more than 90% effective in final-stage clinical trials.
What

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #14418 on: September 03, 2021, 11:18:46 AM »
Moderna isn't FDA approved yet, right? Or was it that it was close to being approved?
rub

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #14420 on: September 03, 2021, 01:45:28 PM »

who is ted danson?

« Reply #14421 on: September 03, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »
You need to take the horse paste anally with a cattle prod for it to bind correctly with your jigglyjuice.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14422 on: September 03, 2021, 04:04:11 PM »
Why is ivermectin kicking the medical...

nevermind

Bebpo

« Reply #14423 on: September 03, 2021, 06:37:35 PM »
+10,006 cases in Israel today, an all time high

Moderna Inc.'s Covid vaccine generated more than double the antibodies of a similar shot made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE in research that compared immune responses evoked by the two inoculations.

The study is one of the first to compare levels of antibodies produced by the two vaccines, which are thought to be one of the important components of the immune response. It didn't examine whether the antibody differences led to a difference in efficacy over time between the two shots, which both were more than 90% effective in final-stage clinical trials.

I wonder if Israel being Pfizer is having an effect on their infection rate.

Pretty surprising they're hitting highs when they've even done 3rd shot Pfizer for 50+ age group and now 40+ age group. I know they're still having issues getting the youth to get any shot at all and not party, which seems to be the same issue worldwide.

I saw the % vaxxed rate in the USA for 12-18 age group is really really bad. Teens just dgaf.

Bebpo

« Reply #14424 on: September 03, 2021, 06:39:19 PM »
I really want to make plans to get out of my city and travel. Been two years since I've left my local 30 mile radius and pretty burnt out. Just not sure where is even low risk these days other than like forest camping and I am not a forest camper ^^;

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14425 on: September 03, 2021, 06:41:11 PM »
get few boosters and go wherever you want  :success

Bebpo

« Reply #14426 on: September 03, 2021, 06:42:59 PM »
My friends are in Vegas for a bachelor party while my gf is in the Bahamas. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person worried about Covid locally and it sucks. I'm definitely overly cautious.

I'd actually go to Japan now if they were open for tourists. Everyone is masked and their rates are pretty low. Wear N95 at the airport and flight and should be fine. Too bad they're closed for the forseeable future.

Bebpo

« Reply #14427 on: September 03, 2021, 06:45:43 PM »
I'd go to New Zealand too but 14 day quarantine means you're quarantining the whole trip unless you can take a month off and then you're still losing 2 weeks in a room  :-\

And Europe imposed restrictions back on US travelers rightfully, so probably a bad idea. I guess Canada maybe? Wonder how Montreal is these days.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14428 on: September 03, 2021, 08:56:46 PM »
when I checked into my room in AZ there was a sign at the counter for florida guests saying they need to keep their masks on at all times  :)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14429 on: September 03, 2021, 09:36:44 PM »
That was a pre-covid sign. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #14431 on: September 04, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »
I had an uncle die on Thursday from COVID-19. We weren't close to him, and he had other things going on in his life. I haven't seen him in 15 years, but I really thought my family would get away with not being directly affected by this virus. Guess not.
rub

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14432 on: September 04, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »
Sorry to hear that, zomgee
^_^

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14435 on: September 06, 2021, 10:23:13 PM »
move over Ice T :rash
(ice)

who is ted danson?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14437 on: September 09, 2021, 03:58:55 AM »
:rogan is a jaffa, man :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14438 on: September 09, 2021, 12:57:37 PM »
https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/ivermectin-causes-sterilization-in-85-percent-of-men-study-finds/

Give 'em a double dose, just to be sure  :lol :lol :lol

Editor’s note: Following audience concerns over the efficacy and accuracy of the scientific methods used in the ivermectin study performed in Nigeria in 2011, the original publishing station, KTSM, issued the following correction:

FOR THE RECORD: A national story regarding Ivermectin and a study regarding its effect on men’s reproductive health that KTSM published, has been removed from our website. 

Concerns over the scientific research methods, the veracity of the original, peer-reviewed report and public statements by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) saying that infertility is not a known side effect of Ivermectin all led to our editorial decision to remove the story.

:goty

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14439 on: September 09, 2021, 01:31:09 PM »
Nothing good ever happens. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14440 on: September 09, 2021, 05:16:17 PM »
Biden throws down the gauntlet mandatory vaccinations with a 14k fine for those that violate the rules.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14441 on: September 09, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »
 :money

james

« Reply #14442 on: September 09, 2021, 06:20:51 PM »
Biden throws down the gauntlet mandatory vaccinations with a 14k fine for those that violate the rules.

FEMA Death Camps for the unvaxxed by October, you heard it here first

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14443 on: September 09, 2021, 07:46:07 PM »
Use some of that profit from the highly successful James Fund to grease some palms in DC and get it done. :salute

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14444 on: September 10, 2021, 11:57:24 AM »
So, maybe 2 months ago a HS friend who owns a popular vintage boutique (that even Michael Kors sometimes patronizes), was asking why 'vintage TVs' were so hard to get ahold of lately. So I commented in my :expert way and talked about how CRTs are popular in the retro gaming scene due to how old systems were designed around their limitations and modern TVs don't quite scale the pictures up that authentically/introduce lag, etc. So one of her friends writes back to me and starts talking to me about CRTs, and was like 'that was such an interesting post you made, I love old tech, yadda yadda...' and we had a nice convo. Kind of an overweight gen-X dude maybe in his 40s... He sent a FR and I accepted...

Then of course, he turns out to be one of those people who spends way too much time on social media... nonstop inspirational quote image macros, zodiac sign-related stuff, etc... and also the antivaxx, don't trust the government, don't trust Fauci, the covid situation is like 1930's fascist Germany, all your typical BS started rolling in.

Well, I'm back on FB after a leave of absence. And then saw a post from one of his family members saying how he's in the hospital, intubated with covid. So probably the first person I "know" who fucked around and found out.
^_^

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14445 on: September 11, 2021, 04:04:59 PM »
There was two different Wuhan strains affecting people at the same time in Wuhan. Nobody in the lab leak theory has an answer to that.
We know China falsified data and then tried to delete the falsified data but some autisty kept a back-up in his personal Google Drive.  :doge

In any case, where the hell is Mike? We need a COVID SYMPOSIUM!

Okay, this still doesn't explain why we know there was different variants in Wuhan at the same time at the start of their outbreak.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14446 on: September 11, 2021, 10:24:06 PM »
There was two different Wuhan strains affecting people at the same time in Wuhan. Nobody in the lab leak theory has an answer to that.
We know China falsified data and then tried to delete the falsified data but some autisty kept a back-up in his personal Google Drive.  :doge

Okay, this still doesn't explain why we know there was different variants in Wuhan at the same time at the start of their outbreak.
That's not an argument for or against either theory. Why would there be two variants from one infected bat? The only thing it shows is that the Chinese Government should have been more open with cooperating with the international community in investigating its origins, rather than putting all its efforts into covering things up.
Spud

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14447 on: September 12, 2021, 03:24:21 PM »

That's not an argument for or against either theory. Why would there be two variants from one infected bat? The only thing it shows is that the Chinese Government should have been more open with cooperating with the international community in investigating its origins, rather than putting all its efforts into covering things up.

The chances that two different variants of the same virus leaked from the same lab that are still similar enough to be recognizable to each other, but distinct that we can trace it's differences, and to not show the genetic markers to show it has been genetically modified like the lab leak suggests is to be frank. Unrealistic.

Again, you tell me how the lab leak is supposed to happen. I am open to the SARS-COV-2 virus being leaked from the lab nearby Wuhan. But you tell me what exactly is how it's supposed to happen.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14448 on: September 12, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
They were testing multiple samples and a bunch of them leaked? :idont
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14449 on: September 12, 2021, 05:41:55 PM »
 :hesright
Spud

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14450 on: September 12, 2021, 06:50:59 PM »
Or this leaked long before the outbreak was spotted, which left time for a variant to emerge. There is no way to distinguish this from a natural transmission.
Likewise, these days you can pretty much generate any sequence from scratch, which would leave no obvious trace that this sequence was entirely synthetic. Things have changed a lot in the past decade.

There's a lot of arguments for the leak theory that make no sense whatsoever, and there's a bunch of stuff that is super shady. Regardless, we'll very likely never know. It's beyond the point of mattering now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14451 on: September 12, 2021, 06:58:39 PM »
The Wuhan lab theory as I understand it, boils down to this.
The Wuhan facility had multiple labs with various levels of security, one floor was very secure and equipped for high risk research (according to the WHO standards).
Another floor was far less secure but all research data was stored on the same servers and accessible throughout the facility.

In other words, data from the secure research lab could be used in less secure areas of the facility to do similar research without WHO monitoring by 'Chinese standards'.
Data on what research they did in the Wuhan lab is sketchy but it certainly involved gain-of-function research https://theintercept.com/2021/09/09/covid-origins-gain-of-function-research/

Questions remain over what went down in that lab
The new information in the documents warrants further inquiry into whether researchers may have omitted information about other concerning experiments, she said. “The question is: What else did they do in more recent years that we’re not aware of?”

What is clear is that the type of research they were doing (gain of function) and the methods they used is the kind of research that could lead to biohazard outbreaks like COVID-19
“Making chimeric coronaviruses, mixing and matching RBDs [a part of the virus that allows it to attach to receptors] and spike proteins is exactly the scenario imagined by many lab-leak scenario proponents,” said Newman. “The fact that this was an established research paradigm in the Wuhan lab … definitely makes the laboratory origin more plausible.”

There's a lot of arguments for the leak theory that make no sense whatsoever, and there's a bunch of stuff that is super shady. Regardless, we'll very likely never know. It's beyond the point of mattering now.
If someone manages to connects the dots China could end up in a heap of trouble.
Especially if the leak was intentional as a bioweapon test.
🤴

james

« Reply #14452 on: September 12, 2021, 07:56:57 PM »
My theory is that someone in the Wuhan lab got infected and took a juicy shit into a prostitutes mouth and that started it all

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14453 on: September 12, 2021, 09:10:44 PM »
 :hesright

benjipwns

« Reply #14454 on: September 12, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »
If someone manages to connects the dots China could end up in a heap of trouble.
And who is going to enforce this judgement against them?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14455 on: September 12, 2021, 10:07:51 PM »
My theory is that someone in the Wuhan lab got infected and took a juicy shit into a prostitutes mouth and that started it all
Like all theories, the simplest is usually correct.

Well done james, you've cracked the case.
 :klob
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14456 on: September 13, 2021, 09:35:43 AM »
And who is going to enforce this judgement against them?

Alex Jones
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14457 on: September 13, 2021, 05:00:43 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-spent-15-years-death-row-exoneration-dies-covid-n1279054

Man who spent 15 years on death row before exoneration dies of Covid
Damon Thibodeaux, 47, died in Jacksonville, Florida, less than 10 years after his release from prison.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14458 on: September 13, 2021, 05:55:54 PM »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler