Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1072184 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?
« Reply #15060 on: January 03, 2022, 09:12:18 PM »
Well I've come down with a cold over the last couple of days. I deal with a lot of Covid patients, so it was probably a matter of time.

I did take a rapid test and it said I was negative. So I hope this is just a regular cold. I don't want to get my mother sick and well this just had to happen on a week I took off.

Himu

« Reply #15062 on: January 04, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »
Well I've come down with a cold over the last couple of days. I deal with a lot of Covid patients, so it was probably a matter of time.

I did take a rapid test and it said I was negative. So I hope this is just a regular cold. I don't want to get my mother sick and well this just had to happen on a week I took off.

Good luck!
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15063 on: January 04, 2022, 07:43:02 PM »
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2022/01/03/ford-chaotic-response-to-omicron-is-squandering-public-trust-in-health-authorities.html

Ford’s chaotic response to Omicron is squandering public trust in health authorities

Amid all the twists and turns of this terrible pandemic, now in its third calendar year, one of the most vital tools to fight it has been the credibility of public authorities.

If the public is going to follow the ever-changing rules, get their shots, and (in that over-used phrase) “do the right thing,” they have to believe that those making the decisions know what they’re doing.

On Monday, the Ford government squandered a lot of that credibility.

It asked Ontarians to accept that the public health crisis brought on by the Omicron variant had changed so drastically in the space of only four days that it warranted a dramatic about-face in policy.

Just last Thursday, the province’s chief public health officer, Dr. Kieran Moore, came out to tell parents that the reopening of schools would be delayed by only two days, until Wednesday. He assured everyone that he “absolutely” endorsed that move, that “the rest of my colleagues” in hospitals and on the provincial science advisory table were on board, and that children had already “sacrificed so much” that schools just had to stay open.

Then on Monday, a long weekend later, the same Dr. Moore and an array of ministers stood by as the premier sombrely announced that an expected “tsunami” of Omicron cases means schools must now stayed closed for the next two weeks — “at least.” Ontario will go back into a “modified Stage 2” — including a ban on indoor dining, closing of many indoor venues, and so on.

What prompted this sudden change? No one listening to the premier could be sure. It’s been obvious for weeks that Omicron was sending case numbers soaring and threatening to flood hospitals with more patients than they can handle. It was certainly obvious last Thursday when the hapless Dr. Moore sent out the message that only modest new public health steps were required.

The truth seems to be that the government was snoozing through last week. Many wondered where the premier and key ministers were when Moore made his announcement. If there’s new evidence of Omicron’s impact on the health care system that he didn’t have last Thursday, what is it? There was talk of new modelling from Public Health Ontario showing cases going off the chart, but the trends were well established before that.

There was no sign of a plan to make sure schools have a realistic shot of actually reopening in two weeks. The government is sending N95 masks for teachers and more ventilators, but the best guarantee would be a crash campaign to vaccinate all students and make sure teachers get booster shots. Nothing like that was announced.

This feels like a government in disarray, pulling in different directions and coming up with a scatter-shot approach at best.

It’s also starting to point fingers. The Star’s Rob Benzie and Kristin Rushowy cite sources who say “there is mounting frustration at the highest levels of the government with Moore, the science table, and other public health officials.”

According to this version, Ford last summer requested “a fall pandemic plan that included a booster shot rollout, expanded rapid antigen testing, anti-viral medications, and antibody testing.”

Sounds impressive. But the same sources say there was resistance “from some in the medical community” who weren’t enthusiastic about handing out boosters and doubted the usefulness of rapid tests and testing for antibodies.

From all this we can deduce that Ford doesn’t want the blame for his government’s confused and confusing response to Omicron to be pinned on him. He’d prefer us to believe that Moore and others bungled the job. There’s an election in the offing, you see.

But Ford can’t duck this one. He’s the premier, he’s responsible, and right now he’s squandering that precious resource — the credibility of public authorities.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/01/ford-this-was-a-hard-decision-that-we-refused-to-make-until-the-very-last-minute/

Ford: This was a hard decision that we refused to make until the very last minute

TORONTO – After cancelling school classes for another two weeks less than two days before they were set to resume, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said it was a very difficult decision he could have made weeks ago.

“I decisively procrastinated on this for over a month despite epidemiologists screaming at me of what would happen with the spread of omicron,” said Ford, whose press conference was delayed for over an hour. “No one could have ever anticipated this happening except for the people who told me this would happen, over and over again.”

The premier lamented about the “very short” two years his government was given to prepare for such an event when he gave parents, children and patients less than two days to look for alternatives.

“I know this is going to be tough, especially on me since I gave everyone the false impression that we were somehow in the clear just last week,” added Ford. “But how did I know that this would happen again for the fifth time?”

Meanwhile, Health Minister Christine Elliott was asking the province’s intubated to delay their deaths until after the provincial election.

Himu

« Reply #15064 on: January 04, 2022, 07:47:22 PM »
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2022/01/03/ford-chaotic-response-to-omicron-is-squandering-public-trust-in-health-authorities.html

Ford’s chaotic response to Omicron is squandering public trust in health authorities

Amid all the twists and turns of this terrible pandemic, now in its third calendar year, one of the most vital tools to fight it has been the credibility of public authorities.

If the public is going to follow the ever-changing rules, get their shots, and (in that over-used phrase) “do the right thing,” they have to believe that those making the decisions know what they’re doing.

On Monday, the Ford government squandered a lot of that credibility.

It asked Ontarians to accept that the public health crisis brought on by the Omicron variant had changed so drastically in the space of only four days that it warranted a dramatic about-face in policy.

Just last Thursday, the province’s chief public health officer, Dr. Kieran Moore, came out to tell parents that the reopening of schools would be delayed by only two days, until Wednesday. He assured everyone that he “absolutely” endorsed that move, that “the rest of my colleagues” in hospitals and on the provincial science advisory table were on board, and that children had already “sacrificed so much” that schools just had to stay open.

Then on Monday, a long weekend later, the same Dr. Moore and an array of ministers stood by as the premier sombrely announced that an expected “tsunami” of Omicron cases means schools must now stayed closed for the next two weeks — “at least.” Ontario will go back into a “modified Stage 2” — including a ban on indoor dining, closing of many indoor venues, and so on.

What prompted this sudden change? No one listening to the premier could be sure. It’s been obvious for weeks that Omicron was sending case numbers soaring and threatening to flood hospitals with more patients than they can handle. It was certainly obvious last Thursday when the hapless Dr. Moore sent out the message that only modest new public health steps were required.

The truth seems to be that the government was snoozing through last week. Many wondered where the premier and key ministers were when Moore made his announcement. If there’s new evidence of Omicron’s impact on the health care system that he didn’t have last Thursday, what is it? There was talk of new modelling from Public Health Ontario showing cases going off the chart, but the trends were well established before that.

There was no sign of a plan to make sure schools have a realistic shot of actually reopening in two weeks. The government is sending N95 masks for teachers and more ventilators, but the best guarantee would be a crash campaign to vaccinate all students and make sure teachers get booster shots. Nothing like that was announced.

This feels like a government in disarray, pulling in different directions and coming up with a scatter-shot approach at best.

It’s also starting to point fingers. The Star’s Rob Benzie and Kristin Rushowy cite sources who say “there is mounting frustration at the highest levels of the government with Moore, the science table, and other public health officials.”

According to this version, Ford last summer requested “a fall pandemic plan that included a booster shot rollout, expanded rapid antigen testing, anti-viral medications, and antibody testing.”

Sounds impressive. But the same sources say there was resistance “from some in the medical community” who weren’t enthusiastic about handing out boosters and doubted the usefulness of rapid tests and testing for antibodies.

From all this we can deduce that Ford doesn’t want the blame for his government’s confused and confusing response to Omicron to be pinned on him. He’d prefer us to believe that Moore and others bungled the job. There’s an election in the offing, you see.

But Ford can’t duck this one. He’s the premier, he’s responsible, and right now he’s squandering that precious resource — the credibility of public authorities.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/01/ford-this-was-a-hard-decision-that-we-refused-to-make-until-the-very-last-minute/

Ford: This was a hard decision that we refused to make until the very last minute

TORONTO – After cancelling school classes for another two weeks less than two days before they were set to resume, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said it was a very difficult decision he could have made weeks ago.

“I decisively procrastinated on this for over a month despite epidemiologists screaming at me of what would happen with the spread of omicron,” said Ford, whose press conference was delayed for over an hour. “No one could have ever anticipated this happening except for the people who told me this would happen, over and over again.”

The premier lamented about the “very short” two years his government was given to prepare for such an event when he gave parents, children and patients less than two days to look for alternatives.

“I know this is going to be tough, especially on me since I gave everyone the false impression that we were somehow in the clear just last week,” added Ford. “But how did I know that this would happen again for the fifth time?”

Meanwhile, Health Minister Christine Elliott was asking the province’s intubated to delay their deaths until after the provincial election.

Even Canadians are feeling the brunt. Believing in institutions? Governments looking out for our interests? After all of this? How and why?
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15065 on: January 04, 2022, 07:52:39 PM »
You missed the point of the article.  It certainly is not anti-institution. 

Himu

« Reply #15066 on: January 04, 2022, 08:00:45 PM »
You missed the point of the article.  It certainly is not anti-institution.

I'm well aware. Doesn't change that it gives reason to doubt institutions even if it's just pinning it all on Ford.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15067 on: January 04, 2022, 08:17:21 PM »

Trump: "No one thought this was possible..."
Libs: "You fucking idiot, Obama put infrastructure in place specifically because scientists have been declaring something like this 'a matter of time' for ages, and you dismembered that infrastructure for the budget."

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #15069 on: January 05, 2022, 03:55:29 AM »
My favorite airport experience was the fridge full of horse meat and mare milk at the Astana International departure gates (when it was still called that). Not sure who exactly would want to load a couple of kilos of refrigerated meat and/or milk into their hand luggage for their ??? hour plane ride plus onward travel. Ivermectin would probably be a good offer alongside the meat though.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15070 on: January 05, 2022, 08:49:36 AM »
UK government brilliant idea #8405

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59878823

Covid: PCR not needed after positive lateral flow under new plans

Kurt Russell

woke

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15072 on: January 05, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »

Lateral flows are at an acceptable level of accuracy and there is an Omiron driven shortage of PCR tests.

The actual guidance is symptomless Covid lateral positives do not need PCR tests - which actually means that these people would be self-isolating sooner, rather than having to wait for a PCR test to be delivered and then run through a lab.

Why do you think this is a problem?
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15073 on: January 05, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »
My favorite airport experience was the fridge full of horse meat and mare milk at the Astana International departure gates (when it was still called that). Not sure who exactly would want to load a couple of kilos of refrigerated meat and/or milk into their hand luggage for their ??? hour plane ride plus onward travel. Ivermectin would probably be a good offer alongside the meat though.

I get anxiety attacks on flights unless I have my thermos of warm mare milk  :-[
Uncle

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15074 on: January 05, 2022, 12:47:16 PM »

Lateral flows are at an acceptable level of accuracy and there is an Omiron driven shortage of PCR tests.

The actual guidance is symptomless Covid lateral positives do not need PCR tests - which actually means that these people would be self-isolating sooner, rather than having to wait for a PCR test to be delivered and then run through a lab.

Why do you think this is a problem?

LFTs are a lot more prone to false positives than PCR, especially when people don't pay attention to not drinking or eating anything for a while before taking the test.

Conversely, they're nowhere near as sensitive as a PCR test, thus a lot more likely to be "woops, too late" once you test positive.

Since this is DIY, it's a lot more likely that people won't bother reporting it - while it's for sure done for PCR by testing centres.

It won't tell you what variant you have.

I mean, while the stress on testing capacity is an issue, this is in line with the "no fucks given" line Boris and his clique have now openly decided to follow, and sounds suspiciously like "well those numbers are making us look real bad, let's fix that".
Here's another example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15076 on: January 05, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/french-president-emmanuel-macron-says-someone-who-refuses-covid-vaccine-not-citizen-1665669

Lmao COVID vaccine is a religion to these people

"We are going to treat you like shit. Get that vax, Jack."

Great way to win others to your side. I wonder how LePen will do next election.  :doge That is, if voting doesn't require proof of vaccination.

Oops, I made a boo boooooo, an ID LAW. At the polls. Dear me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:44:38 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15078 on: January 06, 2022, 08:05:24 AM »
I think that person is worse than her. Reading another person's texts. Who does that, first off? They're both not very nice.

I'm convinced I had COVID the other week. I got a test and it said negative but I had a cold like symptoms for like a week to 9-10 days. Just a slight fever with some sniffles and a slight cough. Some hot water helped. Getting tested again to see if I had or have it.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15079 on: January 06, 2022, 09:13:23 AM »
I think that person is worse than her.

Of course you think that.  If you don't mind staying at least 6 posts away from mine, that would be great.  I don't want to catch your lunacy.   

jorma

« Reply #15080 on: January 06, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »
I think that person is worse than her. Reading another person's texts. Who does that, first off? They're both not very nice.

FACTS

Himu

« Reply #15081 on: January 06, 2022, 09:23:52 AM »

Of course you think that.  If you don't mind staying at least 6 posts away from mine, that would be great.  I don't want to catch your lunacy.   

Both aren't good. One is a stalker and zooms in other people's texts which is pretty fucking bad already.

The other knows they have Covid and is traveling with it. Hopefully she's wearing a mask despite being selfish.

But isn't being selfish the core of being human? As someone that used to work in the frontline of Covid this is very common. People will order pizza while having it and you deliver or others go to work with it, knowingly. Will they be paid for their time off while having Covid? No? Then they'll work while having it and wear a mask in the mean time. It's a reality of mankind and the Reddit post you shared offers no new gems on the human condition. The fact you posted it shows it conduces shock from you but anyone with experience with people outside of the Covid bubble is already aware of this stuff. For me it curates a massive shrug. And?

The fact you support someone zooming on someone's phone reveals who the real lunatic is. I did after all, say they were both bad but that wasn't good enough for your Covid fear based navel gazing.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15082 on: January 06, 2022, 09:40:28 AM »
Or you are a mentally ill man child who has had another personality crisis.  Being selfish isn't core to being a human being, it is core to your version 4.0 personality and gleefully use other's bad behavior to justify either your own bad behaviour or your new personal shithead philosophy.  Honestly, take a walk in the park until v5.0. 

Nintex and Filler were obnoxious idiots but at least they were not obnoxious antagonistic idiots.   

Himu

« Reply #15083 on: January 06, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
Bringing up something completely unrelated. You're pressed. All this after I said both are pretty bad and not once defended her behavior. It's only antagonistic because you're used to no one challenging you on your perspective.

In any case, it's fascinating how Covid has people actually thinking they're doing the public good by evading privacy and other other personal freedoms. At the end of the day this lady is doing something selfish in a pandemic. This poster is doing something that'd be awful whether in a pandemic or not.

Did you really expect to post a Reddit link of someone posting another person's zoomed in text messages and not get blowback? :lol

Honestly with Omicron being so transmissible best to expect everyone has it. I'm sure this happens a lot. People are likely getting a lot of surprise diagnoses while traveling or something and rather than put it off they say fuck it and continue doing their thing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:02:11 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15084 on: January 06, 2022, 10:07:50 AM »
It's not about this specific instance, this was more the last straw, it's about every post you have made since coming back.  You're opening posts in the 'deconstruction' were designed to be combative and offensive.  Your posts in the politics thread and this one are also purposefully antagonistic.  Going 'all I said', ya I know what you have been saying the last two weeks and it's tiring.  You're not challenging people's perspectives or whatever noble hogwash you tell yourself.  You are not on some great journey to find your political identity.  You're just a fucking prick.       

Himu

« Reply #15085 on: January 06, 2022, 10:15:39 AM »
Honestly thinking about it it's even more offensive as a photographer how this poster has no photography ethics. I take pictures of people in public without permission and even I have the rule of not reading nor photographing another person's texts. What's even worse is that in that thread this perspective is pushed down and downvoted. People are in favor of reading and posting others' texts in the name of safety which will results in an inundation of more privacy skirting photography. :thinking Very bad indeed.

E: ruminating on it more and reflecting of the psychology of photography I can definitely conclude that person is a POS. This isn't some Bresson decisive moment pizazz. The person taking the picture likely does this often. They zoom in 10-100x  on other people's phones to see what they're typing. In this case they caught a fish, which was Covid related, and decided to farm it online for online points in the name of outrage. They probably take a lot of unsolicited photos. Not of candid, innoceous moments but ones that evade actual privacy. This wasn't a one off moment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:24:27 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15086 on: January 06, 2022, 11:23:36 AM »
What if she was doing voice dictation and that's what cause the person taking the picture to take the picture.

It's what any good moraled journalistic photographer would do, and it could be argued it's their responsibility.

Himu

« Reply #15087 on: January 06, 2022, 11:25:39 AM »
What if she was doing voice dictation and that's what cause the person taking the picture to take the picture.

It's what any good moraled journalistic photographer would do, and it could be argued it's their responsibility.

Mmm. No.

There's no evidence of voice to text.
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #15088 on: January 06, 2022, 11:26:43 AM »
I actually think that being even being a hypothetical pathological serial picture taker is less bad than spreading a sickness to total strangers.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15089 on: January 06, 2022, 11:39:28 AM »

Mmm. No.

you weren't there you can't know that.

Himu

« Reply #15090 on: January 06, 2022, 11:40:04 AM »
I actually think that being even being a hypothetical pathological serial picture taker is less bad than spreading a sickness to total strangers.

If she's wearing a mask the likelihood of transmission is low. Meanwhile this person is a creep. They're both pretty fucked up though. Can we agree?

Mmm. No.

you weren't there you can't know that.

What is more likely? A lady that wants to hide she has Covid on a plane communicates this:

A. Through voice to text - speaking out loudly on said plane she has Covid during an attempt to hide she has it.

B. Texting it privately.

Or

C. Mupepe

I'm going to go with C.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #15091 on: January 06, 2022, 03:01:27 PM »

For omicron level lunacy it’s more like 25 posts.

Sman

« Reply #15092 on: January 06, 2022, 03:53:04 PM »
Friend got it

I had it two weeks ago. Right before Xmas. Infected my SO and kids before I realized I had symptoms. I'm not sure where I got it from. Probably from work, but can't be sure. Cases here are insane, nearly 100 times worse than in March/April 2020, but hospitalizations are declining.

I'm double vaxxed and was boosted the week prior. That didn't prevent infection though.

Whether vaccines had anything to do with it or not, the symptoms were mild all things considered. I wanted to rest and doze off the first two days then got better. There is some lingering muscle pain in the back, but I hardly notice it. Disease was still worse than whatever  side effects from the vaccine (soreness in arm and some dizziness). Glad I got it over with: I managed to make a dent in my gaming and movie backlog while in isolation.

Now that I have officially recovered, I get the coveted "immunity badge" in my Covid passport. 

:PP

Himu

« Reply #15093 on: January 06, 2022, 05:14:32 PM »
Glad you're well, Sman! Good job unlocking the Immunity Achievement!💪🏾
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15094 on: January 06, 2022, 06:09:23 PM »
Whether vaccines had anything to do with it or not, the symptoms were mild all things considered.
Of course they did. That's the point.

benjipwns

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15098 on: January 07, 2022, 03:58:19 PM »
Got boostered

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #15100 on: January 07, 2022, 11:00:37 PM »
There is vaccine hesitancy, but on the flip side, there is Brahmdeo Mandal.

Mr. Mandal is so excited about the healing promise of a jab that he says he has received 12 coronavirus vaccine doses — so far.

How, you may ask? Mr. Mandal, an 85-year-old retired postman from the northern Indian state of Bihar, is happy to share.

He said he received his first dose on Feb. 13 at a local clinic, and he hasn’t stopped since. He has recorded the date and location of each jab in a pocket notebook. His ninth shot, he said, was on Sept. 24 at 12:32 p.m. at a hospital in Kalashan, Madhepura District.

“I felt that it was helping my general health,” he said in a phone interview. “My backache has improved, my general weakness improved, and my appetite improved.”

“I was always looking for new vaccine camps and would go there,” Mr. Mandal said. “Nobody would recognize me.”

It is precisely the manual registration that would have come in handy in Mr. Mandal’s quest to keep getting shots before boosters were being offered — and then to keep on boosting every month or so, he said.

Mr. Mandal admitted that each time he registered for a new jab, he was asked whether or not he had previously received the shot. “Every time I told them a lie — that I had not,” he said.

Dr. Shahi, the district medical chief, said internet problems in Madhepura were such that in many areas vaccinations happened offline and the data was uploaded later. He said what was surprising, if Mr. Mandal’s claim turns out true, is that the portal did not detect repeat uploads when the data went online.

As for Mr. Mandal, he said he would keep looking for new opportunities. “I still want more,” he said.
Vaxmaxxing! :jeb

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15102 on: January 08, 2022, 07:51:58 AM »

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #15103 on: January 08, 2022, 08:39:45 AM »
I got it now, as well. Hung out with a small group of friends, one of them told me she got word that she might have been exposed. She developed symptoms, so did I, I got tested on Tuesday morning and got the positive result yesterday. I only have a fairly mild cold. No fever or sore throat, just some coughing and sneezing and very faint sense of smell/taste. Going to be isolating until Monday at the earliest. Oh well
地平線

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15104 on: January 08, 2022, 08:50:48 AM »
bug chaser

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #15105 on: January 08, 2022, 10:00:07 PM »
Is Sweden still letting it rip?

archnemesis

« Reply #15106 on: January 09, 2022, 04:20:24 AM »
Our issue isn't the lack of recommendations, it's the lack of enforcement. People aren't using face masks in public transport or stores. A sizable portion of the population won't get vaccinated. We aren't testing enough, so the real spread is higher than reported.

That being said, we are not doing worse than our neighbors.

jorma

« Reply #15107 on: January 09, 2022, 05:54:47 AM »
Our issue isn't the lack of recommendations, it's the lack of enforcement. People aren't using face masks in public transport or stores. A sizable portion of the population won't get vaccinated. We aren't testing enough, so the real spread is higher than reported.

That being said, we are not doing worse than our neighbors.

I think that's because the covid related mortality rates the last six months has been pretty stable at regular flu season levels. We still care about safe distance and stuff, but there's honestly no reason to go full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow when no one is dying.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #15108 on: January 09, 2022, 07:37:00 AM »
the biggest issues for the UK are NHS staff shortages due to isolating with mild/asymptomatic covid and huge numbers of patients coming in with mild/asymptomatic covid having to be put into separate wards, also the looming threat of an NHS vaccine mandate which could cause huge numbers to leave the service or use it as excuse to double their salary and join a private practice (this video blew up recently:

)

what isn't going up at all is the numbers on ventitlators or ICU occupancy, london was the epicentre and has now peaked having followed the exact trends of South Africa.

if we just started treating it like an endemic disease like everything else we deal with, we'd genuinely be better off.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:34:29 AM by headwalk »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15109 on: January 09, 2022, 11:17:24 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/08/cyprus-reportedly-discovers-a-covid-variant-that-combines-omicron-and-delta.html

Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus, called the strain "deltacron," because of its omicron-like genetic signatures within the delta genomes, Bloomberg said.
So far, Kostrikis and his team have found 25 cases of the virus, according to the report. It's still too early to tell whether there are more cases of the strain or what impacts it could have.

:stahp

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15111 on: January 10, 2022, 11:01:04 AM »
Convicts BTFO

woke

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15112 on: January 10, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »
Not yet. The court found that they didn't follow proper procedure the first time. They can still cancel his visa. Now we play will-they-won't-they.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15113 on: January 10, 2022, 11:46:06 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15114 on: January 10, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
Not yet. The court found that they didn't follow proper procedure the first time. They can still cancel his visa. Now we play will-they-won't-they.
No chance they cancel his visa. That would mean he can't return to Australia for three years. The fault here lies with Tennis Australia. Bunch of fucking old boys club morons
Spud

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15115 on: January 10, 2022, 07:58:22 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/omicron-vaccine-coming-in-march-experts-warn-it-could-be-too-late.html
Omicron-specific vaccine is coming but ‘may not matter—everybody’s going to be infected,’ says expert

fizzel

« Reply #15117 on: January 10, 2022, 09:15:34 PM »
the biggest issues for the UK are NHS staff shortages due to isolating with mild/asymptomatic covid and huge numbers of patients coming in with mild/asymptomatic covid having to be put into separate wards, also the looming threat of an NHS vaccine mandate which could cause huge numbers to leave the service or use it as excuse to double their salary and join a private practice (this video blew up recently:

)

what isn't going up at all is the numbers on ventitlators or ICU occupancy, london was the epicentre and has now peaked having followed the exact trends of South Africa.

if we just started treating it like an endemic disease like everything else we deal with, we'd genuinely be better off.

It's been 2 years, there's no excuse for not making provisions to train more nurses. Getting rid of the uni fees would have been the absolute bare minimum to start with for example.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #15118 on: January 11, 2022, 07:01:45 AM »
Had moderna booster yesterday and woke up with a hella bad fever. REEEE
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15119 on: January 11, 2022, 08:36:11 AM »
Ya booster and second dose fucked me up.  The first was fine though.