Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1074139 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?
« Reply #14820 on: December 08, 2021, 09:24:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/bencoates1/status/1468487129445679106

So uh, come February 1st the 3rd booster will be mandatory for travel in Europe and you have to get a new booster every 9 months.
This is like that scene from Schinders list, when the people have papers but suddenly those papers are invalid and they need new papers.

But the schedule for the boosters is this:
(Image removed from quote.)

At this rate people younger than 60 won't get their boosters before February and it will probably take until May/June until everyone is vaccinated.

Jesus, you can be such a hyperbolic nincompoop. Godwin's Law? Seriously?

Here's a clue: the Nazis were killing people, and this is the government mandating that others take precautions to save others' lives.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14821 on: December 09, 2021, 10:13:22 AM »
Counterpoint, the nazis were selective about who they killed
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14822 on: December 09, 2021, 10:28:49 AM »
the nazi's had a way of seeing into the future and were trying to stop the zionists from destroying palestine  :doge

they accidentally proved why you can't just go back and kill baby hitler, it'll only make the event much worse   :rollsafe

james

« Reply #14823 on: December 09, 2021, 01:09:06 PM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14824 on: December 09, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
the nazi's had a way of seeing into the future and were trying to stop the zionists from destroying palestine  :doge

they accidentally proved why you can't just go back and kill baby hitler, it'll only make the event much worse   :rollsafe

:whew
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14825 on: December 09, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »

Here's a clue: the Nazis were killing people, and this is the government mandating that others take precautions to save others' lives.
The vaccines help in a way that you get less ill and are more likely to survive when you catch COVID.
They don't do much to stop transmissions. So why is a regulation aimed at limiting transmissions tied to the vaccination status and not tests?

How will that save lives? It won't.

Even now excess deaths not caused by COVID are rising faster than excess deaths caused by COVID.
The only reason we're doing this, is because China did it and some people get more powerful and rich.

Take a look at our healthcare system. Our government did nothing to improve it before or during the pandemic, nothing.
Instead they started to implement a police state throughout the EU the founders of the DDR could only dream of.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14826 on: December 09, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »

The vaccines help in a way that you get less ill and are more likely to survive when you catch COVID.
They don't do much to stop transmissions. So why is a regulation aimed at limiting transmissions tied to the vaccination status and not tests?

How will that save lives? It won't.

Even now excess deaths not caused by COVID are rising faster than excess deaths caused by COVID.
The only reason we're doing this, is because China did it and some people get more powerful and rich.

Take a look at our healthcare system. Our government did nothing to improve it before or during the pandemic, nothing.
Instead they started to implement a police state throughout the EU the founders of the DDR could only dream of.

The last I read, the virus has a two week incubation period. So if you’re saying people need to have a negative test within the last 2 to 3 days whenever they want to go outside, that’s a particular level of impracticality. You can get vaccinated, and carry the proof around with you when you need it.

But you still dodged the responsibility for dragging Nazis into the conversation because you don’t want to have to show papers. And you’re then claiming that milder symptoms and lower death rates don’t save lives. So you’re just talking nonsense.

Sure, Omicron and Delta appear to be better at evading the immune system, but the vaccine still prevents these known variants from killing people out right, and we suspect that weakened symptoms also imply there is less long-term organ damage. The vaccine also prevents transmission of the main virus which is still out there in the wild. There are also unknown mutations of the virus that may be being stopped short by bumping into our group immunity.

Anyway, I don’t need one more asshole in my life politicizing the virus and the steps that people are taking to get past it. Yes, the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poor. But citizens can still do their part to try and help their neighbors not catch this horrible disease, and that’s what this is about. I won’t be arguing politics with you any further.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14827 on: December 09, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
Hey I heard you were a mild one

(Image removed from quote.)
Uh, did anyone notice where the trend lines start on the Y-axis AND X-axis.

benjipwns

james

« Reply #14829 on: December 10, 2021, 11:54:36 AM »
Mask mandate reinstated in NY State.

Finally.

Get on the ball Phil Goldman Murphy.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14830 on: December 10, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
actively embracing tyranny :scust
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14831 on: December 11, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »
Remember when a top WHO scientist spend 2 weeks in a nice hotel to 'investigate' the origins of the virus?

Turns out she was actually funded by the CCP and is thus removed from the WHO investigation team to trace the origins of the virus.

https://twitter.com/veen_els/status/1469559364788928516

She is still part of the body that works for our government and keeps pushing and praising lockdowns and other restrictions though.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14832 on: December 11, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »
the dutch :info
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14833 on: December 11, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »

Welcome to the Christmas market citizen, this is a very fun place. Please show us your QR code.

Deus Ex? Is that like prayer or something?
Are we protecting loot for the Templars? What the hell are you talking about?
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #14835 on: December 11, 2021, 07:39:47 PM »
A man who was vaccinated against COVID-19 up to 10 times in one day on behalf of other people has been called “unbelievably selfish” and sparked an investigation.

Astrid Koornneef, group manager operations for the Covid-19 vaccine and immunization program in New Zealand, said the country’s Ministry of Health was aware of the issue and taking the matter very seriously.

“We are very concerned about this situation and are working with the appropriate agencies,” she said, according to the New Zealand Herald.

The ministry would not say where in New Zealand the incidents took place.

Vaccinologist and associate professor Helen Petousis-Harris called the behavior “unbelievably selfish” and taking advantage of somebody who needs some money.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14836 on: December 12, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »
"This Christmas is going to be considerably better than the last one"

Is Boris' new line, let's see how long he can keep that up.

Chances are higher that we're at war with Russia, suffering through hyperinflation and dying from COVID than Christmas being 'significantly' better than last year.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1467195366525358097

:idont
The saga continues

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1468646655629090824
On the next episode

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1470084670654193669
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #14837 on: December 12, 2021, 12:54:13 PM »
He just wants to try to distract from the party scandals. Can't wait for Cummings & co to leak more shit monday AM  :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #14839 on: December 12, 2021, 05:52:54 PM »
don't make the mistake of thinking a vending machine can't fall on you.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14840 on: December 12, 2021, 05:56:37 PM »
I feel like I've beaten several waves of covid, but now omicron is the boss and I can't just run past it  :titus

james

« Reply #14841 on: December 12, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »
I feel like I've beaten several waves of covid, but now omicron is the boss and I can't just run past it  :titus

Wait until omega  :rash

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14842 on: December 13, 2021, 10:57:14 AM »
"Ontario's Science Advisory Table released new data Monday confirming that the effective reproductive (RT) number for Omicron in Ontario is 3.32, meaning that every 100 new Omicron cases will go on to generate 332 secondary infections. All other variants of the virus combined have an RT value of 1.27.

The doubling time for Omicron in Ontario is now projected to be every three days, according to the science table.

The head of the science table, Dr. Peter Juni, warned that the variant of concern will become the dominant variant in Ontario this week.

Fucking hell

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14843 on: December 13, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »
The head of the science table, Dr. Peter Juni, warned that the variant of concern will become the dominant variant in Ontario this week.

At which point, they will demand it's re-named 'Le Omicron'.
woke

james

« Reply #14844 on: December 13, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »
The US marked 800,000 dead this weekend

:salute

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14846 on: December 13, 2021, 04:24:51 PM »
Now you can build back better like the rest of us  8)
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14847 on: December 13, 2021, 04:42:59 PM »
I booked a booster like a cuck :stahp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
knowing that 3 shots will be classified as fully vaxxed within a month :rollsafe
[close]
(ice)

james

« Reply #14848 on: December 13, 2021, 04:59:54 PM »
Concert I was going to Wednesday cancelled due to Covid

I bought these fucking tickets in May

:existential :existential :existential :existential :existential :existential

james

« Reply #14849 on: December 13, 2021, 05:05:02 PM »
My year is fucking ruined

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14850 on: December 13, 2021, 05:06:29 PM »
would you prefer travis scot  :doge

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #14851 on: December 13, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »
Concert I was going to Wednesday cancelled due to Covid

I bought these fucking tickets in May

:existential :existential :existential :existential :existential :existential

I bought tickets for a show this summer. World will probably be a Mad Max wasteland by that point at the rate we’re going  :foxx
Margs

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #14852 on: December 13, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »
I bought tickets for a show this summer. World will probably be a Mad Max wasteland by that point at the rate we’re going  :foxx

fret not brother, papa omicron is coming to bless us with a mild sniffle and buckets of immunity.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14853 on: December 13, 2021, 06:09:53 PM »
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/kenney-to-change-covid-19-rules-says-his-own-christmas-plan-would-violate-current-restrictions-1.5702646

Alberta will relax COVID-19 restrictions next week so more people can gather together for Christmas, Premier Jason Kenney said.

Kenney detailed his own Christmas plans Friday, which he said would not comply if he left current fourth-wave restrictions in place.

"I'll be gathering with three family members, we're all fully vaccinated, come from three households, only four people. But we wouldn't be able to do that based on the current rules," he said at a hospital announcement in Calgary.

:dead

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14854 on: December 14, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »
would you prefer travis scot  :doge

Travis Thot tbh
©@©™

« Reply #14855 on: December 14, 2021, 01:17:36 PM »
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/kenney-to-change-covid-19-rules-says-his-own-christmas-plan-would-violate-current-restrictions-1.5702646

Alberta will relax COVID-19 restrictions next week so more people can gather together for Christmas, Premier Jason Kenney said.

Kenney detailed his own Christmas plans Friday, which he said would not comply if he left current fourth-wave restrictions in place.

"I'll be gathering with three family members, we're all fully vaccinated, come from three households, only four people. But we wouldn't be able to do that based on the current rules," he said at a hospital announcement in Calgary.

:dead

Your post reminds me that I'm not totally sure what the current WA state restrictions are for personal gatherings. I know you need to show proof of vaccination for indoor dining and sporting events/movies/concerts but I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to get together with family. Fortunately my entire family is vaccinated so it's not as big of an issue, but now I'm curious.
野球

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #14856 on: December 14, 2021, 02:37:02 PM »
went to a work christmas party on Friday, 20 people out of 100 in this office have now tested positive.....

I apparently drank so much I'm negative, got my last test tomorrow to ensure I'm clear, but "I lived bitch!"

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14857 on: December 14, 2021, 07:59:38 PM »
went to a work christmas party on Friday, 20 people out of 100 in this office have now tested positive.....

I apparently drank so much I'm negative, got my last test tomorrow to ensure I'm clear, but "I lived bitch!"
What kind of place has a 100 person party in this situation?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14858 on: December 14, 2021, 08:10:15 PM »

Well, I mean, that's only 98 more than Shosta's little bitch discord.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
woke

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14859 on: December 14, 2021, 10:56:12 PM »
Considering a bunch of people got banned. Can we also restart the corona thread.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14860 on: December 15, 2021, 02:58:34 AM »

Brits.

jorma

« Reply #14861 on: December 15, 2021, 03:22:52 AM »

Brits.

ghoul works at downing street? i guess his username fits

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #14862 on: December 15, 2021, 04:17:01 AM »
Well, the thought behind it was that we're all double/triple vaccinated and also everyone was meant to take a test before coming to the party, seems clear that people didn't take a test and spread it.

I had my third vaccine on Monday and it is kicking my ass both yesterday and today. Also gonna do my last test at lunch time and make sure I'm in the clear but so far apart from the jab I'm fine so think I missed it.

I work within the events industry, so I think the thinking was, "Well we have been putting on 500+ events since September, why can't we have a party.... even though numbers have been going crazy in last few weeks"

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14863 on: December 15, 2021, 11:19:22 AM »
Considering a bunch of people got banned. Can we also restart the corona thread.

Co-signing this.  I liked the idea of this thread as a place to keep an eye on things but stopped following for the most part after it became just like the Poli thread and inundated with all manner of bullshit.

Ghoul

« Reply #14864 on: December 15, 2021, 11:48:09 AM »
just don't look back on posts? It's a new page now. We can move on and talk about meaningful things how like the UK had 80K new cases in one fucking day and have a press conference at 5pm....

Ghoul

« Reply #14865 on: December 15, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
fucking hell, the UK is so fucked. watching the briefing it fucking sucks.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14866 on: December 15, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Yeah okay.

Edit:  I guess a new page is enough, all I’m really thinking is that it would be nice if we could troll less here specifically and keep things meaningful.  Covid does plenty of trolling on its own without being added to.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 12:17:07 PM by Tuckers Law »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14867 on: December 15, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
James was the only one posting case trends and such, without him updating the thread is basically gonna die on its own.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #14868 on: December 15, 2021, 12:22:47 PM »
James was the only one posting case trends and such, without him updating the thread is basically gonna die on its own.

It’s okay. All the big beautiful discorders will be back to pick up the slack. Believe me, folks  :trumps
Margs

Raist

« Reply #14869 on: December 15, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »

You can thank people being dumb. Like, by having christmas parties for instance :marimo

Ghoul

« Reply #14870 on: December 15, 2021, 12:48:59 PM »

You can thank people being dumb. Like, by having christmas parties for instance :marimo

Oh, I'm in agreement that our party should have been cancelled.. But let's not just blame people, Boris is a fucking mong.

Now upto 28 people lol

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14871 on: December 15, 2021, 01:15:00 PM »
Yeah okay.

Edit:  I guess a new page is enough, all I’m really thinking is that it would be nice if we could troll less here specifically and keep things meaningful.  Covid does plenty of trolling on its own without being added to.

I think this is a really salient point. The first place I immediately turn to whenever I need to find out some potentially life altering Covid news is the bore dot com. It is disgusting that some filthy trolls have been allowed to shit up such a valuable public resource for so long and I look forward to a vital, relevant and troll-free resource for all. Even discord chodes.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Except Shosta, she can gargle my balls
[close]
woke

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14872 on: December 15, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »
Assume any information I post is complete nonsense, as I see no problems with Nintex-level quantities of shitposting no matter what.

Good to know, thanks.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14873 on: December 15, 2021, 01:49:45 PM »
Good to know, thanks.

Relax, guy. I'm just teasing you. I know you're a bit concerned about the Rona, but it's not going to be forever. I'd give it another 18 months until we've removed all 5G antennas and the infections stop.

Keep the faith, my brother. I believe in you 

:respect
woke

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14874 on: December 15, 2021, 06:54:33 PM »
Dear Arts & Science students, faculty and staff,

You will have received a message from the Acting Vice-President & Provost and the Vice-President, People, Strategy, Equity & Culture providing an important COVID-19 update to the University community.

Considering the situation – and given the fact that Arts & Science has approximately 157 different courses with in-person exams scheduled over the coming days – all in-person undergraduate exams in A&S originally scheduled from Thursday, December 16 to Tuesday, December 21 will not be taking place.

These final exams will not be moved online, rescheduled, or replaced with another assessment. This means that final grades for any affected undergraduate courses will be calculated from existing term work.
Instructors are being asked to communicate the revised marking scheme for each affected course to students by Tuesday, December 21. Instructors will receive more detailed information about this from the Faculty.

Wowzers

Raist

« Reply #14875 on: December 16, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »

Oh, I'm in agreement that our party should have been cancelled.. But let's not just blame people, Boris is a fucking mong.

Now upto 28 people lol

I mean yes, obviously.

But at the end of the day, the speed at which so many people threw everything out the window the day "freedom day" was declared is also telling.

Ultimately, regardless of what Boris and his clique say or do, people need to not be fucking morons. No one literally forced them to start large gatherings again, stop wearing face masks, etc.

edit:

I see where Nintex got his inspiration from :lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59677593

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14876 on: December 16, 2021, 11:52:24 AM »
Ontario just changed the rules so I can book a booster on Monday -- no idea when I will be able to actually get it though as they ramped down a lot of the sites.  The cases here have quadrupled over two weeks, where two weeks ago we were in a really good spot and now we are worse than this time last year. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14877 on: December 17, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »
Ontario's case numbers over the week  Tuesday: 1400, Wednesday: 1800, Thursday: 2400, Friday: 3100   :'(

Going to Spiderman tonight then I'm going to hibernate till this all passes. 

Raist

« Reply #14878 on: December 17, 2021, 02:25:18 PM »
So, the guy BoJo appointed to look into the many government staff's clandestine christmas parties last year...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59701369

The UK's top civil servant is expected to step aside from his role leading an inquiry into Downing Street lockdown parties, after it emerged an event was held in his own office.

:rofl

Himu

« Reply #14879 on: December 17, 2021, 07:02:25 PM »

:bow
IYKYK