Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1072619 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?
« Reply #14941 on: December 22, 2021, 04:08:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1473326898004512778

Seems unnecessary. I have my vaxx passport in my phone, which I carry around with me at least as often as my arm
地平線

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14942 on: December 22, 2021, 01:33:37 PM »
106k cases in the UK reported today. Neat.

For our muhrican friends following from across the pond, that would correspond to well over half a million cases in the US. I don't think you ever were remotely close to that.

jorma

« Reply #14943 on: December 22, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »

For our muhrican friends following from across the pond, that would correspond to well over half a million cases in the US. I don't think you ever were remotely close to that.

that's a fairly irrelevant stat though.
The number of daily deaths corresponds with about 600 deaths in the US which is half of their actual number (measured on the 7 day average).

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14944 on: December 22, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »

More and more epidemiologists are starting to back exposure to the Omicron strain rather than blanket boosters. Some even claim that the boosters to all, rather than just the vulnerable will do nothing but prolong the pandemic.

As long as the deaths aren't sky rocketing, I'm fairly relaxed about the 6 figure infection rate and would even argue that in this context, case numbers are not a useful measurement. Omicron currently has a fatality rate more favourable than that of the flu. Only the soyest of the soy should be concerned at this stage.
woke

Himu

« Reply #14945 on: December 22, 2021, 09:23:24 PM »
Amazing that weeks of WINTER OF DEATH!! OMICRON, OMICRON, OMICRON. AFRICAN VARIANT FEAR AND PANIC we finally learn that...Omicron isn't that big of a deal anyways. It's almost like...waiting for the facts helps things rather than doom and glooming. People want their lives back.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14946 on: December 22, 2021, 09:55:05 PM »
well other than if (when?) it's endemic, and whether that could've been prevented, or if a new mutation based on omicron becomes deadly

if I was a virus I would probably want to be omicron, extremely easy to replicate and perpetuate your existence, and you're not deadly which also keeps you circulating, and the humans stop trying to even stop you

just not a fan of going from expecting to get a cold and a flu once a year, to expecting to get a cold, a flu, and covid omicron every year
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #14947 on: December 22, 2021, 10:50:10 PM »
It's totally endemic at this point
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Kurt Russell

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #14949 on: December 23, 2021, 02:48:12 AM »

Can we hit 222,222 by Christmas?

We can and will.
woke

Himu

« Reply #14950 on: December 23, 2021, 05:36:16 AM »
well other than if (when?) it's endemic, and whether that could've been prevented, or if a new mutation based on omicron becomes deadly

if I was a virus I would probably want to be omicron, extremely easy to replicate and perpetuate your existence, and you're not deadly which also keeps you circulating, and the humans stop trying to even stop you

just not a fan of going from expecting to get a cold and a flu once a year, to expecting to get a cold, a flu, and covid omicron every year

Won't the virus continue to mutate?
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #14951 on: December 23, 2021, 06:12:35 AM »

the other colds are all coronaviruses too. it'll just be another one on the pile.

incidentally, i have one now. papa nurgle is bending the UK over a pinball table and giving everyone else a hot splash of antibodies and i somehow manage to get the boring shit original cold.  even went to get a PCR test to make sure.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 06:24:26 AM by headwalk »

Himu

« Reply #14952 on: December 23, 2021, 07:19:28 AM »
Chad COVID transitions into a femboy cold with cat ears. SAD.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14953 on: December 23, 2021, 01:01:02 PM »
well other than if (when?) it's endemic, and whether that could've been prevented
It's an aerial virus. Zero COVID was never realistic. People still clinging to that are nuts. It's easy to tell by evaluating their ideas for "what we should have done" which typically involves things like destroying the global economy and letting tens of, if not hundreds of, millions die to stop it from getting into America. Or nuking Wuhan immediately. Even "moderate" Zero COVID people think we should have shut down global travel for two years or more and stranded millions of people where they were.

The reason to still get everyone vaccinated is because it makes COVID into less than the flu and more like the cold for most everyone while improving 5G performance. It may even die off naturally then. There's no flu vaccine comparable to the COVID vaccines and there obviously isn't a cold vaccine. Even boosters aren't necessary except at the margins according to the research we have so far, two shots for everyone on the planet should be our goal (one shot followed by another shot eight months later apparently is a good target) except for those outliers who need more immediate stronger protections. (Which is same as the flu shots for what it's worth, flu shots barely penetrate the population and many years are generally ineffective. Except in the case of COVID we have yet to see a strain become dominant that "effectively ignores" the vaccine's long term benefits.)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14954 on: December 23, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1474091151292514308

:whoo

Don’t worry everyone covid is over

Will we hit 500k daily cases by January 31st?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14955 on: December 23, 2021, 03:46:09 PM »
Ontario has seen a 10x increase in cases in three weeks.  ICU numbers have been pretty stable, however, there are so few beds it doesn't take much to overwhelm the hospitals.  Delayed treatments are going to result in a lot of deaths over the next few years. 

Himu

« Reply #14956 on: December 23, 2021, 05:05:06 PM »
Cases.

Who gives a fuck.

How many hospitalizations and deaths?

This isn't 2020. Cases means all and jack squat anymore.
IYKYK

benjipwns

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14958 on: December 23, 2021, 07:49:36 PM »
Cases.

Who gives a fuck.

How many hospitalizations and deaths?

This isn't 2020. Cases means all and jack squat anymore.

Well, hospitalizations are up over 63k for the first time since early October and the 7-day moving average for deaths is back up to 1,300.
dog

Himu

« Reply #14960 on: December 23, 2021, 11:53:25 PM »

Vote them out.

Pick up that fucking can. Do you comply, citizen?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:58:10 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14962 on: December 24, 2021, 01:54:34 AM »
[i mg]https://i.imgur.com/XRpRkyL.png[/img]

Vote them out.

Pick up that fucking can. Do you comply, citizen?

regardless of any relevance to covid/public health I feel like it will be a huge struggle to get businesses to comply who have been and continue to suffer, and can't afford to turn any paying customer away
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14963 on: December 24, 2021, 01:34:33 PM »
i'm officially a transformer

omnicorn got me

RIP me.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14964 on: December 24, 2021, 02:04:22 PM »
Ontario this month:

Date         New cases  7-day Avg Positivity  ICU
Dec 3    1031    866            2.59 %    146
Dec 10    1453    1114    3.64%    151
Dec 17    3124    1914    6.05%    157
Dec 24    9571    4922    13.18%    164

Big yikes.  At our worst ICU went into the 800's but this also resulted in months of canceled elective surgeries.  Covid ICU allotment is basically already full.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14965 on: December 25, 2021, 03:48:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1474588014118637568

Only 20/50 states reported god damn.  Looks like we’re in for a rough few weeks at least.

Himu

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14967 on: December 27, 2021, 07:09:58 PM »
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/queens-er-doctor-compares-what-hospitals-look-like-during-covid-surge-vs-early-2020/3466703/

Time to accept that this is finally ending.

In NYC, maybe. On the other hand, nationally hospitalizations have been rising for the past month and the slow, downward trend in deaths [still above 1k daily though] has reversed and started to tick upward again.
dog

benjipwns

Himu

« Reply #14969 on: December 27, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »

SPOOKY!

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14970 on: December 27, 2021, 09:25:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

SPOOKY!

Good thing everyone has omicron and not a single person has any of the other variants still out there.
dog

Occam

« Reply #14971 on: December 28, 2021, 05:18:15 PM »
Vaccines work: Despite there being only about 10% unvaccinated people in London (=a much smaller number than the vaccinated), 40% of the current Omicron ICU cases are unvaccinated.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14972 on: December 28, 2021, 08:21:21 PM »
Vaccines work: Despite there being only about 10% unvaccinated people in London (=a much smaller number than the vaccinated), 40% of the current Omicron ICU cases are unvaccinated.

https://twitter.com/dylanlscott/status/1475901344275959818
dog

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14973 on: December 29, 2021, 05:43:35 AM »
Seems the 49 year old founder of a Dutch antivax campaign just died of Covid.

Robin Fransman oprichter van Herstel-NL (Founder of Restore the Netherlands)

Bijna vier weken geleden, op 3 december, maakte Fransman via Twitter bekend corona te hebben. ‘Corona positief. Het werd ook een keer tijd,’ twitterde hij.

(Almost 4 weeks ago, on December 3rd, Fransman announced he has covid via twitter. "Corona positive. It's about time." He posted on Twitter.)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #14974 on: December 29, 2021, 09:11:24 AM »

in the case of london at least, it's not white people making up the vast majority of unvaccinated. infact it's historically marginalised groups with long term institutional fears.

speaking for the UK, omicron ain't shit and is completely wiping out the actually lethal strain of covid across the country. hospitalisations are largely either short, cautionary or just incidental and numbers on ventilators and deaths are both going down, so people need to think about turning their ire down on the plague marked unvaccinated. if they've gone this long without getting vaccinated they certainly aren't now covid has mutated into a sugar free version and the last thing we need is another long standing socially divisive forever war based on bullshit that isn't relevant anymore.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:42:49 PM by headwalk »

Himu

« Reply #14975 on: December 29, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
Lmao more Omicron doom and gloom. Omicron is a bitch :lol

More have died under Biden than under Trump smh

Impossible to not see the next cycle of media hysteria hijinks. oOoOO spooky. :lol Lots of closing shit down here in NY. Fucking fear based dog shit.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14976 on: December 29, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »

Aren't these people unvaccinated? Why do you give a shit?
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14977 on: December 29, 2021, 11:30:20 AM »
"How can you possibly care about people other than yourself?!?!?!?"
dog

Raist

« Reply #14978 on: December 29, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59822687

Covid: Daily UK case numbers hit record of 183,037

Meanwhile,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av-embeds/59815854

benjipwns

« Reply #14979 on: December 29, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »
Seems the 49 year old founder of a Dutch antivax campaign just died of Covid.

Robin Fransman oprichter van Herstel-NL (Founder of Restore the Netherlands)

Bijna vier weken geleden, op 3 december, maakte Fransman via Twitter bekend corona te hebben. ‘Corona positief. Het werd ook een keer tijd,’ twitterde hij.

(Almost 4 weeks ago, on December 3rd, Fransman announced he has covid via twitter. "Corona positive. It's about time." He posted on Twitter.)
r.i.p. nintex

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14980 on: December 29, 2021, 03:25:02 PM »
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14981 on: December 29, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
Would have to parade them across state lines though.

benjipwns

« Reply #14982 on: December 29, 2021, 04:47:16 PM »
German state prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into a controversial physician and entrepreneur after he inoculated 20,000 people with a homemade Covid vaccine.

Winfried Stöcker, a 74-year-old billionaire and owner of Lübeck airport, where the shots were administered, faces charges of violating Germany’s medicines laws, along with the managing director of the airport and two other retired physicians, aged 80 and 81, according to a report on the NDR news station.

He could also face further charges for running an unlicensed vaccination campaign, after a police raid on Saturday shut down the illegal operation.
He said he developed his vaccine, which he calls Lubecavax, in less than a half an hour in April 2020. But he said he did not want to spend two years or more trying to win approval from public health regulatory authorities for the vaccine that he said is similar to inoculations used against tetanus with similar inactive pathogen cells to activate the body’s immune system.

“I was told that it would take two years to get approval but that was too long for me,” he said after the Saturday raid.
Stöcker says he developed the vaccine, which he claims is 97 per cent effective, by testing it on himself, his family and 50 staff members. He told Bild newspaper in an interview on Monday that 600 people were at the airport waiting for the inoculation on Saturday when the police raid ended the session. The newspaper said 107 had received a shot.

“Two physicians were conducting the vaccinations,” Stöcker said. “Doctors have the right to put ingredients together if they believe it can help people. We have a responsibility to patients, not to the state. But the police stopped everything. There were 600 people waiting outside for it.”
Another German War on Science.

Raist

« Reply #14983 on: December 29, 2021, 06:54:34 PM »
Lubecavax

:phil

Himu

« Reply #14984 on: December 30, 2021, 06:15:57 AM »
Lol

A year of vaccines and now we have record COVID numbers. It's almost as if the vaccine doesn't matter. NYC has been vaccine example of the country. Record numbers, record lines. It's almost as if there's no stopping it. If that's the case, why give a shit? Live your life and move the fuck on.

Nothing matters. CDC can change their rules on a whim. You can still get COVID with the vaccine. Months of talk of boosters and now what? Oh right. Record numbers. Even when you do everything right this is what happens. Nothing fucking matters. So you might as well enjoy life and get ramen, unmasked, inside a nice restaurant or go on a vacation.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-c69d1521b6411b6b78aae85d95165f5c

United States of Fuck It. I got one life.

If there's another lockdown I am not complying. Kiss my ass.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:34:36 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14985 on: December 30, 2021, 06:28:55 AM »
Accidental dp
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14986 on: December 30, 2021, 06:59:24 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14987 on: December 30, 2021, 05:40:53 PM »
A year of vaccines and now we have record COVID numbers. It's almost as if the vaccine doesn't matter. NYC has been vaccine example of the country. Record numbers, record lines. It's almost as if there's no stopping it. If that's the case, why give a shit? Live your life and move the fuck on.

It's almost like a large group of people made flaunting basic preventative measures and not getting the vaccine their identity. :hmm
dog

Himu

« Reply #14988 on: December 30, 2021, 07:14:38 PM »

It's almost like a large group of people made flaunting basic preventative measures and not getting the vaccine their identity. :hmm

The vaccines don't even prevent the current strain from spreading and we are at peak Covid. It's almost like it doesn't matter. None of it does! NYC is more vaccinated than your entire state probably and skyrocketing cases and yet vaccine mandates, which were put in place to limit the spread, are still in place. Liberal. Policies. Don't. Work. And. Are. Only. There. For. Control. And. Emotional Guilt Tripping.

What's next? Mandatory boosters? Oh, you mean the same boosters that aren't working against Omicron?

It's just another stupid law. Like another mandate is going to stop Covid? LOL it's laughable. It's only done for control in the name of "safety".

IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14989 on: December 30, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1474091151292514308

:whoo

Don’t worry everyone covid is over

Will we hit 500k daily cases by January 31st?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476679378352447500

I guess we might as well go for 1 million!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14990 on: December 30, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »

The vaccines don't even prevent the current strain from spreading and we are at peak Covid. It's almost like it doesn't matter. None of it does! NYC is more vaccinated than your entire state probably and skyrocketing cases and yet vaccine mandates, which were put in place to limit the spread, are still in place. Liberal. Policies. Don't. Work. And. Are. Only. There. For. Control. And. Emotional Guilt Tripping.

What's next? Mandatory boosters? Oh, you mean the same boosters that aren't working against Omicron?

It's just another stupid law. Like another mandate is going to stop Covid? LOL it's laughable. It's only done for control in the name of "safety".

New York isn't even in the top 20 for cases per capita, or the top 5 for deaths per capita.
dog

samir

« Reply #14991 on: December 30, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »
Himu is the KSweely of NYC.

Himu

« Reply #14992 on: December 30, 2021, 07:25:17 PM »

New York isn't even in the top 20 for cases per capita, or the top 5 for deaths per capita.

LOL. It's still very much a hotspot.  New York has a record of the highest cases since the start of the pandemic here.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-daily-covid-positivity-rate-015200699.html

As per Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

All this despite a vaccine mandate, one of the highest vaccine numbers in the union. This shit doesn't matter, Rumbler.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14993 on: December 30, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
What happened to case numbers don’t matter?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14994 on: December 30, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
LOL. It's still very much a hotspot.  New York has a record of the highest cases since the start of the pandemic here.

Could explain why they're doing masks and stuff again I dunno
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14995 on: December 30, 2021, 07:29:19 PM »

dog

Himu

« Reply #14996 on: December 30, 2021, 07:32:26 PM »

Hospitalizations is the number that matters. That and deaths. Omicron is just a bug. It's barely killing anyone or anything.

South Africa is ending nighttime curfew. Why? Because Omicron is a bitch.

https://news.yahoo.com/omicron-south-africa-ends-night-223923735.html

South Africa said its Omicron wave passed with no spikes in deaths.

https://news.yahoo.com/omicron-south-africa-ends-night-223923735.html

And yet here you lot are, mewling and weeping about Omicron. Where's your fucking balls? Two years of this and you're still shivering? A month of media hype and it's already over in SA. You gargle mainstream media balls that much?

Could explain why they're doing masks and stuff again I dunno

What are you talking about? No one stopped wearing them on the train. That rule has never left.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14997 on: December 30, 2021, 07:35:32 PM »
And yet here you lot are, mewling and weeping about Omicron. Where's your fucking balls? Two years of this and you're still shivering? A month of media hype and it's already over in SA. You gargle mainstream media balls that much?

So how high do daily deaths need to be for this to be serious? 1k? 2k?
dog

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14998 on: December 30, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »

There is no magic number, for certain people it doesn’t matter until it affects them or someone they know.  Shit even then it still doesn’t matter sometimes, as you already mentioned, they’ve tied their entire identity to the conspiracy of covid rather than the reality.

Himu

« Reply #14999 on: December 30, 2021, 07:41:30 PM »

It's a pandemic, Rumbler. People are going to die. What more do you want me to do? What good does staring at data every day give you? All it's doing is making you scared to live your goddamn life and move on. It's been two years. I cared. A lot. I'm maxed. How much do you want me to continue caring? How long am I supposed to care? I've worn masks for almost two years. Been vaccinated thrice. How much am I supposed to care? How much am I supposed to feel bad? There has to be, at some point in time, when we move on. It's a pandemic. Do what you gotta do, but two years is a sizable time and people can't live like this forever. Maybe you can, but not everyone can deal with it. The human brain can't take that much before it descends into apathy. Blame God for that.
IYKYK