Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1072814 times)

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #14520 on: October 07, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Got back from 10 days in Portugal late Monday night. Holy shit, their mask compliance and vaccination rate (86% nationwide wutwutwut) puts Seattle to shame. Can I go back?

I was there and July and thought the same thing. Had a good time.

You should have asked me for tips :(

We hit some pretty cool stuff. Went out to the Marvila neighborhood in Lisbon for all the breweries, went to Prado and Senhor Uva in Lisbon and Apego in Porto for amazing dinners, a night in Evora and relaxed for two days at Quinta de Sao Bernardo in the Douro Valley.

Things did loosen up the last weekend we were in Porto as the dance clubs reopened and there were no more time restrictions on bars. It was pretty crazy and glad we went when we did.
野球

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14521 on: October 07, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »
https://abc11.com/covid-19-deaths-orphan-vaccine-nc/11093512/

The number of U.S. children orphaned during the COVID-19 pandemic may be larger than previously estimated, and the toll has been far greater among Black and Hispanic Americans, a new study suggests.

More than half the children who lost a primary caregiver during the pandemic belonged to those two racial groups, which make up about 40% of the U.S. population, according to the study published Thursday by the medical journal Pediatrics.

"These findings really highlight those children who have been left most vulnerable by the pandemic, and where additional resources should be directed," one of the study's authors, Dr. Alexandra Blenkinsop of Imperial College London, said in a statement.

During 15 months of the nearly 19-month COVID-19 pandemic, more than 120,000 U.S. children lost a parent or grandparent who was a primary provider of financial support and care, the study found. Another 22,000 children experienced the death of a secondary caregiver - for example, a grandparent who provided housing but not a child's other basic needs.

In many instances, surviving parents or other relatives remained to provide for these children. But the researchers used the term "orphanhood" in their study as they attempted to estimate how many children's lives were upended.

Federal statistics are not yet available on how many U.S. children went into foster care last year. Researchers estimate COVID-19 drove a 15% increase in orphaned children.

An earlier study by different researchers estimated that roughly 40,000 U.S. children lost a parent to COVID-19 as of February 2021.

The two studies' findings are not inconsistent, said Ashton Verdery, an author of the earlier study. Verdery and his colleagues focused on a shorter time period than the new study. Verdery's group also focused only on deaths of parents, while the new paper also captured what happened to caregiving grandparents.

"It is very important to understand grandparental losses," said Verdery, a researcher at Penn State, in an email. "Many children live with grandparents," a living arrangement more common among certain racial groups.

About 32% of all kids who lost a primary caregiver were Hispanic and 26% were Black. Hispanic and Black Americans make up much smaller percentages of the population than that. White children accounted for 35% of the kids who lost primary caregivers, even though more than half of the population is white.

The differences were far more pronounced in some states. In California, 67% of the children who lost primary caregivers were Hispanic. In Mississippi, 57% of the children who lost primary caregivers were Black, the study found.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #14523 on: October 13, 2021, 06:39:31 AM »
found Stro's truck:

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14524 on: October 13, 2021, 09:39:15 AM »
Eat poop 5auGi :heh
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14525 on: October 13, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »

Non-shot captain america is unamused

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14526 on: October 14, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
The BBC carries on with its excellent job:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57984170

Front page of the Coronavirus section. Posted 6h ago.

But it's actually a re-post from July, when cases fell a little bit. Needless to say that decrease in cases ended real quick. It's been around 35-40k daily for weeks now (45k today).

:rofl

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14527 on: October 14, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »
BBC seemed to have stop caring about its covid section about half a year ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #14528 on: October 15, 2021, 01:06:58 AM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #14529 on: October 15, 2021, 01:20:19 AM »
amazing this shit isn't over yet and it's only getting more distinguished mentally-challenged

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14530 on: October 15, 2021, 06:09:06 AM »
amazing this shit isn't over yet and it's only getting more distinguished mentally-challenged

woke

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14531 on: October 15, 2021, 11:44:31 AM »
i'll have 2 greens and a blowjob pls :phil
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14532 on: October 16, 2021, 12:35:24 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

What do you feel is wrong with these wristbands for attending events and conferences?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14533 on: October 16, 2021, 01:21:08 AM »
I want them for non-Covid times too.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14535 on: October 19, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
UK reported 49k cases yesterday.

In fact, theyre showing a very obvious upward line.

Is Corona back for round 4 (5?)
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14536 on: October 19, 2021, 03:13:51 PM »
We have a 44% increase in positive tests, about ~25k a week.
4 out of 5 that end up in hospital are unvaccinated.
The reproduction rate is 1.2.

Not bad with not a single COVID measure in place, except for bars and nightclubs closing at midnight and QR codes no one checks.
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14537 on: October 20, 2021, 04:03:17 PM »

benjipwns

Raist

« Reply #14539 on: October 21, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58999796

More than 50,000 Covid cases have been recorded in the UK for the first time since 17 July.

Amid calls for more restrictions, Boris Johnson urged people to come forward for booster jabs when their time comes.

Ah, yes, the problem is that not many people have had their THIRD DOSE yet, and absolutely not that they went "we have a decent-ish number of people vaccinated now, YOLOLOLOLOL no more restrictions whatsoever" back in mid-july.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58993387

Conservative MPs don't need to wear masks during debates because they know each other, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said.

The Commons leader said the party's "convivial, fraternal spirit" meant they were acting in line with government Covid guidance.

:picard

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14540 on: October 21, 2021, 01:39:19 PM »
convivial, fraternal spirit

:dead
🤴

james

« Reply #14541 on: October 21, 2021, 01:54:09 PM »
Germany reported 18k yesterday.

Netherlands over 5k first time since July 19.

Belgium reported 6,552...the highest since November 12, 2020.

Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves.

Winter is coming.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14542 on: October 21, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »
Our numbers are probably much higher.
Every other day I talk to someone who 'has the flu'.

It literally goes like this:
- I don't feel so good
- Shouldn't you get tested?
- No I got vaccinated and it's flu season

and yes people with "flu" stay at home except for picking up groceries, smoking, going out for a drink.... plus the autumn vacation ends soon so that means all the kiddo's will be back in school infecting one another too.

Nothing has changed, except the traffic jams. Those are way more frequent now because public transport still mandates masks so everyone travels by car to the office and preferably alone.
My brother who is in canada and still very anxious about COVID will get a shock to his system when he comes to visit for Christmas.

That is if we make it that far, Halloween is right around the corner and there will be more Squid Game than COVID masks. :idont
But more likely is that the government will frame it as a 'tough flu season' and sit this one out.  :doge
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14544 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:55 PM »
They could have at least added some fur or something...
Spud

james

« Reply #14546 on: October 22, 2021, 04:34:23 PM »
WE FEASTING BOIS

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14547 on: October 22, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »
Slowest erection ever :heh

fizzel

« Reply #14548 on: October 23, 2021, 05:39:11 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

Sman

« Reply #14551 on: October 24, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
Got back from 10 days in Portugal late Monday night. Holy shit, their mask compliance and vaccination rate (86% nationwide wutwutwut) puts Seattle to shame. Can I go back?

Was in Spain in July and August. Masks everywhere. Even outdoors, though those were not mandated, it's mostly people being extra careful, especially the elderly. Fun times anyway.

Though for me, the Spanish situation was not an example of compliance, but how knee deep in the pandemic Spain was at that time where compliance was their only way out of this (things have improved since).

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14552 on: October 25, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58999796

More than 50,000 Covid cases have been recorded in the UK for the first time since 17 July.

Amid calls for more restrictions, Boris Johnson urged people to come forward for booster jabs when their time comes.

Ah, yes, the problem is that not many people have had their THIRD DOSE yet, and absolutely not that they went "we have a decent-ish number of people vaccinated now, YOLOLOLOLOL no more restrictions whatsoever" back in mid-july.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58993387

Conservative MPs don't need to wear masks during debates because they know each other, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said.

The Commons leader said the party's "convivial, fraternal spirit" meant they were acting in line with government Covid guidance.

:picard

:pika
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14556 on: October 27, 2021, 06:38:55 PM »
did your phone autocorrect from argentina  ???

james

« Reply #14557 on: October 27, 2021, 09:30:06 PM »
Germany is on the cusp of breaking their all-time-high daily covid case numbers.

Winter is coming.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14559 on: November 05, 2021, 12:19:02 AM »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14561 on: November 05, 2021, 06:26:22 AM »

james

james

« Reply #14563 on: November 05, 2021, 02:52:28 PM »
Netherlands    +10,911

Whats going on Nintex

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14564 on: November 05, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »
Netherlands    +10,911

Whats going on Nintex

+10k cases day but also a lot of deaths this year.

I really wish I didn't have to bark up 'that' tree but I'm hearing a lot of people dying because of heart attacks or suddenly collapsing.
Kind of what we saw early on during the pandemic in China.

99% of our population is supposed to have anti-bodies based on latest research so there's a lot of breakthrough cases.
First our government denied it and kept saying the vaccines were effective and it was a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
But now they've released a video explaning that because so many people are vaccinated the overall number of vaccinated people in the hospital with COVID has increased.

The current numbers don't make any sense in that regard. Either they've completely lost track of certain communities or the vaccines aren't working as well as they should.
Better ventilation, more ICU capacity and a campaign to promote a healthy lifestyle to achieve a better immunity overall, all things that could've been done but weren't.

We were supposed to have dropped the last few remaining COVID regulations November 1st, but instead new regulations were put in place.
More places where you need to show your QR code and a new push for face masks. I was at the dentist today, 2 people had them on. A couple of kids running around didn't and neither did their mom.
I was lucky I still had one in the car, the new rules officially don't go into effect until Saturday.
🤴

Raist

« Reply #14565 on: November 05, 2021, 05:42:38 PM »
https://eastangliabylines.co.uk/exclusive-suffolk-at-centre-of-multi-million-alleged-cover-up-of-government-ppe-scandal/

In an exclusive report, East Anglia Bylines can reveal that Suffolk is at the centre of a huge alleged government cover-up of the covid PPE scandal. As well as wasting billions of pounds on buying unwanted or unusable material, it has cost the taxpayers of this country one million pounds a day in storage.

Cool.

james

« Reply #14566 on: November 05, 2021, 07:18:36 PM »
Netherlands    +10,911

Whats going on Nintex

+10k cases day but also a lot of deaths this year.

I really wish I didn't have to bark up 'that' tree but I'm hearing a lot of people dying because of heart attacks or suddenly collapsing.
Kind of what we saw early on during the pandemic in China.

99% of our population is supposed to have anti-bodies based on latest research so there's a lot of breakthrough cases.
First our government denied it and kept saying the vaccines were effective and it was a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
But now they've released a video explaning that because so many people are vaccinated the overall number of vaccinated people in the hospital with COVID has increased.

The current numbers don't make any sense in that regard. Either they've completely lost track of certain communities or the vaccines aren't working as well as they should.
Better ventilation, more ICU capacity and a campaign to promote a healthy lifestyle to achieve a better immunity overall, all things that could've been done but weren't.

We were supposed to have dropped the last few remaining COVID regulations November 1st, but instead new regulations were put in place.
More places where you need to show your QR code and a new push for face masks. I was at the dentist today, 2 people had them on. A couple of kids running around didn't and neither did their mom.
I was lucky I still had one in the car, the new rules officially don't go into effect until Saturday.

Why arent you wearing masks

:existential

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14567 on: November 05, 2021, 07:43:16 PM »
2 years later and the expats are still freaking out

https://twitter.com/bencoates1/status/1455516792659402752

Why arent you wearing masks

:existential

Masks don't work, sincerely The Netherlands. COVID capitol of Europe.

Photo of the week, our health minister (clearly coked out of his mind) embracing the darkness as Thierry Baudet makes the case for restoring freedom.

If elections were held today Baudet would probably win more seats than the party of our health minister.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 08:02:10 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14568 on: November 06, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »
Hey look a 45k person climate march in Amsterdam.

https://twitter.com/smrwsk/status/1456957034365177857

That's one way to kill off the remaining left wing voters.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14571 on: November 07, 2021, 07:12:58 AM »
Yesterday it was a climate march, today a march for freedomTM.
More and more people are showing up to these kinds of events it seems.

https://twitter.com/fvdemocratie/status/1457322531623481346

Next week:
"A new lockdown is necessary"

:pika
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:27:26 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Fifstar

« Reply #14572 on: November 07, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »
I can tell you the hardest hit areas in germany and eastern europe are most definitely not ones where people go on climate marches...
Gulp

benjipwns

« Reply #14573 on: November 07, 2021, 11:39:27 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14574 on: November 08, 2021, 09:25:58 AM »
Source: Dude just trust me
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14575 on: November 08, 2021, 03:25:00 PM »
Vi coactus, more like via cloaca :rodney

jorma

« Reply #14576 on: November 08, 2021, 03:33:33 PM »
i'd like my shot "vi coitus" please

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14577 on: November 08, 2021, 06:45:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

“Get the full name of the person administering the shot,” as if this wasn’t a doctor appointment that they didn’t drive themselves to in their car, roll up their own sleeve, and offer their own limb. As if they are not responsible for the decisions that they have made that lead them to the point of receiving the vaccine. As if the request of a full name isn’t a socially confrontational act that also violates the healthcare giver’s own privacy. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14578 on: November 09, 2021, 01:08:40 PM »
Cases up to 12k/day already. Hospitals again unable to meet demand.
Historically low number of ICU beds available.
Hospital staff angry because nothing was done to prevent this from happening a 5th time (6th if you count a heavy flu outbreak a year before COVID).

Overheard in a store today:
"I was just outside so I don't need to put on my mask"

Government has started running the "Go wash your hands" ads again. :idont
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14579 on: November 10, 2021, 09:55:09 PM »