Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136278 times)

ShutUp

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #38280 on: February 24, 2021, 04:08:51 PM »
I just want the forum to be a safe space for everyone not a forum that caters to special cases

So close to self-awareness and yet so far away

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38281 on: February 24, 2021, 04:09:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-asian-and-other-oppressed-groups-of-era-lets-talk-to-each-other-read-op.383717/post-59394791

Quote from: woman
I’m just gonna say it - Black people have just been minding our business and it’s white people and some of the asian community who are responsible for the breakdown in communication. It is unfortunate that they seem more interested in capitalizing on these incidents to spread anti-black narratives/undermine black movements than having the legitimate conversations the outbreak of violence deserves. With that being said, I don’t understand why the black community should bear the responsibility to normalize relations with the asian community who we have always stood up for.

:gladbron
Spud

Tuckers Law

« Reply #38282 on: February 24, 2021, 04:11:00 PM »
SO MANY BIGOTS

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ShutUp

« Reply #38283 on: February 24, 2021, 04:15:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-asian-and-other-oppressed-groups-of-era-lets-talk-to-each-other-read-op.383717/post-59394791

I’m just gonna say it - Black people have just been minding our business and it’s white people and some of the asian community who are responsible for the breakdown in communication. It is unfortunate that they seem more interested in capitalizing on these incidents to spread anti-black narratives/undermine black movements than having the legitimate conversations the outbreak of violence deserves. With that being said, I don’t understand why the black community should bear the responsibility to normalize relations with the asian community who we have always stood up for.

Just casually throwing the Asian community under the bus, no big deal. Somehow it’s the WHYTES! fault though.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38284 on: February 24, 2021, 04:20:09 PM »
Blasian summit, now!
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38285 on: February 24, 2021, 04:22:47 PM »

Just casually throwing the Asian community under the bus, no big deal. Somehow it’s the WHYTES! fault though.

Quote from: Richiek
I'm sorry, but I don't think it is productive to point fingers at the Asian community and is borderline victim blaming here.

*Speaking as an Asian-American here.

I want to be clear - I’m not saying asian people are responsible for being attacked. That’s crazy and obviously wrong. I’m saying they have responsibility for the tense relationship and mistrust between themselves and the black community. Black people are always in a position of supporting other racial and ethnic groups where anti-blackness is prominent, and the asian community is no exception to that.

Quote from: KoopaTheCasual
I've been thinking of how to respond to you, but I honestly don't have stats to back up any of my feelings, other than general disagreement that the Black community is always lock-step with other communities.

I will say with confidence, however, that pointing fingers at another non-White community to "fix it" isn't really helpful, especially in these precarious times. If you want to point fingers, you should focus your energy on the pressure that White people put on the As-Am community to demonize the Black community alongside them. We should be asking As-Am communities to continue to examine their proximity to Whiteness, and how they're weaponized against us and then immediately discarded, to the benefit of White people.

Just a round-a-bout way of saying there's constructive ways to ask for other minority groups to do work without simply casting blame and not offering more constructive analysis.

Quote from: S-Wind
::sigh::

Never mind. I'm out.

Asian community getting shit on from a great height by the black community AGAIN!!!

Great community you got there Reeeeesetera! Very inclusive safe space for all minorities.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 04:28:13 PM by Potato »
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38286 on: February 24, 2021, 04:29:50 PM »
So, I wanted to get to this really quickly, because I see this thread heading in two paths. One, we end up talking about almost nothing and end up with the same resentment OR two, it becomes a shitshow, everyone gets banned, and we end up talking about almost nothing.

I give this maybe another page tops before OP requests thread lock.

Grand opening, grand closing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38287 on: February 24, 2021, 04:31:06 PM »
asians voicing their concerns -> :esports  :holeup <- opressed blacks reminding them who is actually opressed

politicans taking advantage of minorities -> :klob

:huh <- confused white people minding their own business

wall street fat cats and bankers -> :success
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38288 on: February 24, 2021, 04:33:06 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Egg
There is anti-Other sentiment within all communities. The Black people putting in WORK are literally putting their lives on the line for Asian people as we speak. The shit Black activists are tackling are to the benefit of ALL Americans and it's always been that way. The Civil Rights and Black Rights Movements were anti-racist and anti-imperialist while the US was raining death on Asia. Immigration was in the former's platform IIRC. All those soldiers who are dead or locked up put their lives on the line for everybody. Black folks have done way more for everybody than people like to admit.

"Know your fucking place Chinaman! Us black people have been fighting your battles for decades, so a little black on Asian violence is ok, especially because you lot managed to succeed in this society with your education and hard work and shit."
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #38289 on: February 24, 2021, 04:33:31 PM »
I'm watching the chapelle stand up show that :lore was in the crowd for and everytime he's in a crowd shot I can't help but focus on his giant ears :titus

nicca looks like he should be donning his finest green tunic and going on a search for the master sword
(ice)

Jansen

« Reply #38290 on: February 24, 2021, 04:34:40 PM »
Ooof, found it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/more-playstation-games-coming-to-pc-starting-with-days-gone-this-spring.383333/post-59306459

Gentlemen said:
 Do I have the wrong queen? The one who used to have an account here until they decided to parrot some kf libel against Era's founder?
Should we infer that the absence of rebuttal confirms this suspicion?

edit
wait a minute
So what ever happened to the transparency that era was founded upon?
Yup I agree. GAF bans were 'personal vendettas' by the mod team. Say they didnt like you, they kept tabs on your account and banned you for the smallest infractions and to top it off, they would give you a smart ass reason to spite you. So far, this is not the case here so its progress. Well...
www.resetera.com www.resetera.com
https://puu.sh/Hjr6f/e937fb136b.png
https://puu.sh/Hjr6t/3a6995b51f.png

Curious to hear about the "full story" tbh
ramoisdead ?

It's obviously the same user so why are the reeetards trying to claim otherwise

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38291 on: February 24, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
So, I wanted to get to this really quickly, because I see this thread heading in two paths. One, we end up talking about almost nothing and end up with the same resentment OR two, it becomes a shitshow, everyone gets banned, and we end up talking about almost nothing.

I give this maybe another page tops before OP requests thread lock.

Grand opening, grand closing.
It's barely past one page and people are noping the fuck out of the conversation. If the mods had any fortitude, they'd give woman a one week ban for victim blaming and thread derailing, but they don't and they hate Asians so they'll look for a sacrificial white person to ban instead.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38292 on: February 24, 2021, 04:37:55 PM »
This is a good decision, I can't imagine how many lives this game has already taken, but at least ERA won't be complicit in the death of anyone else going forward.
:ohyou
That's a pretty obvious troll. Funny, but pretty obvious.

The fun part is that they can't even call it out because they have reached that level of lunacy

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38293 on: February 24, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »
ok which one of you is woman

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38294 on: February 24, 2021, 04:41:47 PM »

The greatest trick on Era is to constantly switch between generalizing a community and claiming that they're not a monolith

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38295 on: February 24, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »
ok which one of you is woman
I'm more interested in who RulkezX is. That Harry Potter troll is just  :delicious
Spud

benita

« Reply #38296 on: February 24, 2021, 04:44:27 PM »
The reality is that the BCT community have been wearing the oppression olympics gold medal since gaf and are simply incapable/unwilling to accept that;

1. Any other community has experienced any hardship, oppression, or discrimination in the same stratosphere as their own.
2. That they bear any responsibility whatsoever for any other community's suffering.

ShutUp

« Reply #38297 on: February 24, 2021, 04:44:40 PM »
 Despite white people so much while posting on a board dominated by white people.  :brain

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38298 on: February 24, 2021, 04:46:08 PM »
Also, people still playing the "think of the Devs" card in 2021 is bewildering. As if the low-paid, insecure jobs of a few hundred people are more important than trans people's lives. And to die on that hill, over an IP based on a children's book series full of racism, sexism, classism, pro-authoritarianism, gayrasure and other issues is just... I can't even.

benita

« Reply #38299 on: February 24, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »
Damn, woman banned and no replies in 20 minutes.

Discord must be popping.

ShutUp

« Reply #38300 on: February 24, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »
Suddenly the devs don’t matter again.

“So about that Naughty Dog crunch..”.

“Fuck you. That’s different!!”

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #38301 on: February 24, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
The "let's come together" thread turned into an oppression olympics shitshow?

:pika

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38302 on: February 24, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »
Basically impression I'm getting. And same. Also trans if that counts for this thread?

The bonfire is lit
 :mynicca

There is a TON of racism in the country. Look at what went down In Nova Scotia. Canada is just better at hiding its shit.
One of the points Adam Curtis made in his latest docs is that all modern societies (China, America, Russia, England etc.) are build on the labour, extortion and exploitation of the generations that came before and no society has been able to reconcile with that reality. In fact in many cases the conquerers felt guilty about what they had done and were haunted by fears of revenge. So instead they made up romantic stories about past glory and peace which are not based on reality and used those stories to create new societies, colonies, states and political movements that have in time left those conquered or ruled as bewildered and confused as their benefactors while corruption runs rampant.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:45:50 PM by Nintex »
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38303 on: February 24, 2021, 05:38:47 PM »
gayrasure? They just removed a single letter. Why couldn't they just go with gay erasure?

yeah, erasure are plenty gay on their own merits

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38304 on: February 24, 2021, 05:42:18 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #38305 on: February 24, 2021, 05:46:10 PM »
Any other combination it would be a perm ban.

Against Asians though its less than making fun of Sony.
So they boosted woman's ban from two weeks to tbd:
User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Disrupting a sensitive thread about race relations over a series of posts. Previous ban for similar behaviour.

Bet they won't let this one sit around for 20-30 days waiting for "admin review" like some I found the other day!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38306 on: February 24, 2021, 05:49:33 PM »

User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Disrupting a sensitive thread about race relations over a series of posts. Previous ban for similar behaviour.

Bet they won't let this one sit around for 20-30 days waiting for "admin review" like some I found the other day!

Previous ban singular for similar prior behaviour, huh?
:thinking

https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/search/actioned?u=woman

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38307 on: February 24, 2021, 05:54:37 PM »
era told me woman was leaving in droves, but I didn't believe it
:notlikethis
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38308 on: February 24, 2021, 06:27:19 PM »

9 actionings and 6 bans of varying length of a week to 6 months. Yet, for this most recent molotov lobbed entertainingly in that thread, they first land on two weeks??

:hitler
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:54:57 AM by joeboy101 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38309 on: February 24, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »
era told me woman was leaving in droves, but I didn't believe it
:notlikethis
The woman card has been devalued in recent years :trumps
🤴

Averon

« Reply #38310 on: February 24, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »
BCT are super protective of their elevated status on ERA. Seeing them talk down to Asians like how they complain the yts talk down to them without a hint of irony is amazing to see...and predictable.

BCT: "You Asians are getting a bit too uppity for you own good. Shut up and sit down, bitch!"

ShutUp

« Reply #38311 on: February 24, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »
Deepwater with the word salad that amounts to "we all have problems, who cares about your bitching on a video game forum!?"

Once again, so close to self-awareness, yet so far away.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38312 on: February 24, 2021, 06:39:38 PM »

A ban history like this emphasizes why everyone on Era wants to be part of the protected group. You get to shit up threads more than anyone and you're likely to get tons of chances if you ever cross a line
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:48:20 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38313 on: February 24, 2021, 06:53:44 PM »
I like how on ResetEra there is never any meaningful discussion and people are simply airing their grievances or complaining how other people do not recognize them.
And then they call in the mods to clean things up after they've shat themselves on purpose.
🤴

Averon

« Reply #38314 on: February 24, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »

A ban history like this emphasizes why everyone on Era wants to be part of the protected group. You get to shit up threads more than anyone and you're likely to get tons of chances if you ever cross a line

People who know they are protected often take their privileged status for granted, take it too far, and eventually self-destruct. That is what happened to Ketkat, and now potentially woman. Being a PoC and/or LGBT doesn't erase the human tendency to be assholes abusing their elevated status over others.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38315 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
so jason schreier reports on resetera banning all talk of harry potter, but doesn't report on resetera threads highlighting the massive anti-asian racism problem and the forum's casual bigotry against trans people?

:foodcourt

and yet historically there have been a lot of forum/social media stances being taken, boycotting a game over its censorship, or steam forums in an uproar over this or that, and it gets dismissed as "well that site is horrifically racist, what do we care when a bunch of racists get mad about nothing"

era is self-admittedly a horrifically racist and bigoted forum and yet their opinion gets taken seriously

:cmonson
Uncle

benita

« Reply #38316 on: February 24, 2021, 07:52:15 PM »

People who know they are protected often take their privileged status for granted, take it too far, and eventually self-destruct. That is what happened to Ketkat, and now potentially woman. Being a PoC and/or LGBT doesn't erase the human tendency to be assholes abusing their elevated status over others.

Shy could literally shoot someone in the street and wouldn't lose any votes his member status.

Edit: dang, he actually got got?

« Reply #38317 on: February 24, 2021, 08:08:21 PM »
If what goes on at Resetera is news worthy, doesn't that also justify the site staff's decisions to some extent in the minds of reporters?  Their definition of bigotry can be seen as the "correct" one in the eyes of the journalist arm of the industry.

So why have there not been any articles on the guy that's literally in charge of Halo getting banned for racism?

benjipwns

« Reply #38318 on: February 24, 2021, 08:15:03 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/24/22299095/harry-potter-jk-rowling-hogwarts-legacy-wb-games-troy-leavitt-youtube-resetera
ResetEra, a popular video game forum known for constantly surfacing leaks and industry news, is now attracting attention following a moderation decision taken by the site’s moderation staff. After deliberating on both Rowling’s history of transphobic comments and Leavitt’s YouTube channel, ResetEra admins decided to ban all promotional discussions of the game going forward.
According to the staff, ResetEra has never done something like this before — but in light of Rowling’s reach, influence, and power, the stewards of the community felt they couldn’t sit idly on the topic. Closer to the game’s release, the staff might revisit whether or not to allow a bigger discussion thread, but should that transpire, it will be text-only — a contrast from the forum’s typically robust, media-rich official threads, or OTs. The thread will also make sure to lay out the wider issues surrounding the game, forum administrators said.

Pwnz

« Reply #38319 on: February 24, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »
Reminder that the entire plot of Harry Potter 2 revolves around a massive snake (dick) in the girls' bathroom that is hidden/not easily visible wreaking havoc and causing the downfall of the entire school.

Also in the first book Hermione was assaulted by a massive troll intruding in the girls' bathroom.

Also in book 6 Malfoy got savagely disfigured in the girls' bathroom.

And also that incident where Moaning Myrtle was killed by a boy in the girls' bathroom.

There's clearly a pattern here.

:hans1

... Fuck
Well when you lay it out like that....
Just....so much yikes. Holy shit. Thanks for laying all of those points out. Absolute garbage person
That's uh...

Hard to ignore.
I never thought of that!

*winces*
Bruh.

How did I not notice this?

STOP EATING CRACKERS YOU BITCH  :six:

Buckle up buckaroo

benjipwns

« Reply #38320 on: February 24, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »
https://www.themarysue.com/j-k-rowlings-fatphobia-needs-to-be-acknowledged/
J.K. Rowling has been dragged for her transphobia, and YouTubers Lindsay Ellis and ContraPoints have both released videos breaking down the issues with her statements, how it manifested in her work, as well as the harmful ways pop culture have contributed to this problem. However, in watching Ellis’s latest video, I was reminded that Rowling is fatphobic as hell.

In Harry Potter, there were so many characters who were fat that Rowling treated with overwhelming malice. Beauty is often shorthand for goodness, and while there were characters who were “gaunt,” there are also lots of fat jokes

preach sister!

Averon

« Reply #38321 on: February 24, 2021, 09:23:37 PM »
They are in complete "bitch eating crackers" mode with Rowling. They are nitpicking every aspect of Harry Potter and purposely finding stuff to be offended by to further justify their hatred of Rowling. All of a sudden, they all discover at the same time that Harry Potter is transphobic, full of rape apologia, fatphobic, racist, MAGA chud friendly, and whatever else they can conjure up in their heads to make Harry Potter a work written by Satan himself.

How was Harry Potter able to spend the last 20 years getting away with being a dangerous, satanic work that has millions of fans worldwide and several successful blockbuster movie adaptations without anyone noticing the "obvious" signs of its vileness?  :thinking

ShutUp

« Reply #38322 on: February 24, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »
The ones most upset were probably newborns when Harry Potter popularity really took off. I remember the hype when they first announced the casting of the three main kids for the movies. Not a soul alive was talking about any of these supposed problems.

Though that was before social media was a thing so maybe there were rumblings about it then but it didn't have anywhere near the platforms it has now.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38323 on: February 24, 2021, 09:42:52 PM »
There must be a way to twist voldemort trying to kill baby Harry into an anti-abortion stance

Edit: welcome to the context free top of the page

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #38324 on: February 24, 2021, 09:58:33 PM »
There must be a way to twist voldemort trying to kill baby Harry into an anti-abortion stance

Edit: welcome to the context free top of the page

6th trimester abortions :sicko

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38325 on: February 24, 2021, 10:02:46 PM »
If there is one reassuring thing about all this Harry Potter furore, it's that no matter how many shitty articles are written by so-called journalists based on the absolute stupidity of Resetera and the woke Twitter/YouTube mafia, it will have absolutely zero effect on the sales of the game and the general population's opinion about Harry Potter or JK Rowling.
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #38326 on: February 24, 2021, 10:15:33 PM »
Or even her book series under the Robert Galbraith pseudonym. Latest book in that series has over 33,000 reviews on Amazon alone and it's at a 4.5/5 rating.

Poor Era  :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38327 on: February 24, 2021, 10:21:40 PM »
Their impotence is the source of their anger. No matter how much they try, they really are just like the old white men they claim to hate so much.
Spud

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #38328 on: February 24, 2021, 10:27:39 PM »
Or even her book series under the Robert Galbraith pseudonym. Latest book in that series has over 33,000 reviews on Amazon alone and it's at a 4.5/5 rating.

Poor Era  :lol

The books are sooooo good.  She’s a pretty solid writer.

benjipwns

« Reply #38329 on: February 24, 2021, 11:50:25 PM »
Is so sad how much HP was part of me growing up and how fucked up the author is, feel a bit shitty for having supported the harry potter world for so long, i destroyed my HP legos the other day and it felt good.
:badass

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38330 on: February 25, 2021, 12:00:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-there-nazi-shit-in-your-fucking-game-stateofdecay.384494/#post-59446202

If only the concept of cancel culture was real or in any way valid, this thread could’ve really gone places.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #38331 on: February 25, 2021, 12:02:39 AM »
Maybe the devs are probably Nazis or Nazi sympathizers, so who knows.
Based on the devs blocking that guy on Twitter without acknowledging the issue at all, I'm gonna go with "the devs are nazi fucks"
Yeah...

Like it would have been one thing for them to be: "Oh shit, sorry, that was a mistake".

But to instead go radio silent is not a good look at all.
Clean house, XGS.
Calling this "nazi shit" is one thing.

Calling the developers of this game nazis or nazi sympathizers is another.
The nazi shit didn’t just appear out of thin air
:sicko

BIONIC

« Reply #38332 on: February 25, 2021, 12:03:03 AM »
I’m so devastated by JKR’s TERFness, that I’m only getting a seasonal pass to Hogwart’s Land next year instead of an annual one  :stahp
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #38333 on: February 25, 2021, 12:07:29 AM »
I just wanted to share an update from a game that I've been following for a long time, Alaloth. They finally revealed the first companion in the game.

She's sexualized, alright, with the boob armor and thigh gap. At least it's not offensive and she looks ready for battle as a cleric. Moreover, the game is isometric anyway. I also like that stuff about material breakdowns.

BIONIC

« Reply #38334 on: February 25, 2021, 12:12:29 AM »
:wut
Margs

Borealis

« Reply #38335 on: February 25, 2021, 12:13:41 AM »
https://www.themarysue.com/j-k-rowlings-fatphobia-needs-to-be-acknowledged/
J.K. Rowling has been dragged for her transphobia, and YouTubers Lindsay Ellis and ContraPoints have both released videos breaking down the issues with her statements, how it manifested in her work, as well as the harmful ways pop culture have contributed to this problem. However, in watching Ellis’s latest video, I was reminded that Rowling is fatphobic as hell.

In Harry Potter, there were so many characters who were fat that Rowling treated with overwhelming malice. Beauty is often shorthand for goodness, and while there were characters who were “gaunt,” there are also lots of fat jokes

preach sister!

Fat acceptance movement sneaking in their piece, we see you.

BikeJesus

« Reply #38336 on: February 25, 2021, 12:50:14 AM »
I just wanted to share an update from a game that I've been following for a long time, Alaloth. They finally revealed the first companion in the game.

She's sexualized, alright, with the boob armor and thigh gap. At least it's not offensive and she looks ready for battle as a cleric. Moreover, the game is isometric anyway. I also like that stuff about material breakdowns.

Yes, there is a tiny space where her upper thigh is exposed, likely leaving a major artery vulnerable to attack.

Also, that state of decay thread. What the fuck. Resetera has run its course and as such, should be closed down.

ShutUp

« Reply #38337 on: February 25, 2021, 01:07:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-there-nazi-shit-in-your-fucking-game-stateofdecay.384494/#post-59446202

If only the concept of cancel culture was real or in any way valid, this thread could’ve really gone places.

Seven months old and somehow just discovered.

BikeJesus

« Reply #38338 on: February 25, 2021, 01:11:46 AM »
Fact check:

I saw this back when I was way into this game during last summer. I had pretty much the same reaction as OP and almost made a thread about it.

Looking forward to reading the Jason screeeeeeier article about this tomorrow morning.

Averon

« Reply #38339 on: February 25, 2021, 01:13:55 AM »
That State of Decay thread is so nuts even Bish is coming in telling people to calm down.