Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135064 times)

benita

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #41160 on: April 10, 2021, 01:49:23 AM »
One person was part of a royal family that was the figure lead of an empire that caused millions of deaths. The other was a rapper. Perspective.

DMX caused so much pain.  :doge

One person literally said they would empty a clip into a gay person, reload, and do it again.

Perspective.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #41161 on: April 10, 2021, 02:12:46 AM »
One person was part of a royal family that was the figure lead of an empire that caused millions of deaths. The other was a rapper. Perspective.

I think "figure lead" is the operative word.  How much policy does the royal family dictate instead of the prime minister or parliament?

But yeah, DMX mostly just hurt himself  :(
sigh

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41162 on: April 10, 2021, 02:15:05 AM »
:bow2 :bow2 :bow2

« Reply #41163 on: April 10, 2021, 03:22:50 AM »
Them FINALLY altering the obituary rule is actually one of the few good things they've done as of late, at least as far as enforcing their own TOS goes.  Yeah, it's super arbitrary and partisan, but it at least gives them very clear cover when their entire userbase is dancing on someone's grave with the staff joining in.  They'll continue to be hypocritical as fuck in other areas, but this is consistent with their ideology regardless of how vile they get about people that just died.  It's not like calling for political assassinations which should be moderated for obvious reasons.  Twitter is constantly celebrating death and no one gives a shit, so why should a clearly partisan forum like resetera? 

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #41164 on: April 10, 2021, 03:52:16 AM »
that they take so many cues from twitter, largely acknowledged as a total cess pit, should be cause for concern for the admins imo :trumps
(ice)

FStop7

« Reply #41165 on: April 10, 2021, 04:02:01 AM »
lol what’d y2kev do to get banned

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #41167 on: April 10, 2021, 04:55:14 AM »
:titus
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41168 on: April 10, 2021, 04:57:05 AM »
Well the thing is a peaceful independence was most likely not going to happen ever.

The Divine Right of Kings was still a thing, admittedly weaker in England due to Parliament but was still a thing.

Love or hate the American Revolutionaries (most of the colonial citizens did) they were challenging a concept that had never been challenged successfully before.

There were scholars and the like who were already against the concept, even some within Catholic hierarchy, but it was a mostly accepted concept that Kings were kings and could not be over thrown except by other royalty.

No matter it's reasons for starting, there is a real possibility that if the American Revolution never happened, the fall of the European monarchies wouldn't have happened either.

I do find it a bit funny that King Louis of France basically ensured his own overthrow by helping the American Revolution, which is also funny because part of the reasons for the American Revolution was the French-Indian War.

:iface

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Charles_I

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #41169 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:57 AM »
Them FINALLY altering the obituary rule is actually one of the few good things they've done as of late, at least as far as enforcing their own TOS goes.  Yeah, it's super arbitrary and partisan, but it at least gives them very clear cover when their entire userbase is dancing on someone's grave with the staff joining in.  They'll continue to be hypocritical as fuck in other areas, but this is consistent with their ideology regardless of how vile they get about people that just died.  It's not like calling for political assassinations which should be moderated for obvious reasons.  Twitter is constantly celebrating death and no one gives a shit, so why should a clearly partisan forum like resetera?

Funny thing is even with the newly written rule, I find it hard to believe that Prince Phillip raises to the level of 'having done things so heinous that a rare (HA) exception needs to be made'. Also, 'This does not preclude sober criticism of a person's legacy or mistakes in life.' is laughable.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41170 on: April 10, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »
I can pretty much guarantee if megan markle hadnt done oprah fewer people would give a shit about phillip, but now its culture war us vs them bullshit  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41171 on: April 10, 2021, 08:28:51 AM »
I can pretty much guarantee if megan markle hadnt done oprah fewer people would give a shit about phillip, but now its culture war us vs them bullshit  ::)
Here rests Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh

A valiant knight, son, husband, father and soldier who fought tirelessly for freedom and liberty.
He met his end at the Battle of Woke Hill slain by the sharp tongue of Oprah the Wicked and Markle the Usurper.

May god protect his cancelled soul and may he find peace in the kingdom of the heavenly father
🤴

Rman

« Reply #41172 on: April 10, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »
still surprised people fall for this culture war nonsense while corporations pillage the environment and profits from workers. 

conservatives is wack yah, but were's my socialized healthcare, biden? still a bandage on a bullet wound. but idiots on era argue about dead dudes.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #41173 on: April 10, 2021, 11:44:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-blocks-advertisers-from-targeting-black-lives-matter-youtube-videos.407874/

Not even a tiny moment of reflection on who might also be targeting blm videos if they could. You know, Sharpio, pragerU etc.

I'm not even saying that google can't mess up, but they always, always go for assuming the worst.

Case in point:

Are Google execs literally just pure white supremacists, interested in pushing an agenda of hate?
Probably, yeah. That's not hard to believe.

Boredfrom

« Reply #41174 on: April 10, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »

I think "figure lead" is the operative word.  How much policy does the royal family dictate instead of the prime minister or parliament?

But yeah, DMX mostly just hurt himself  :(

The dude wasn’t even a figure lead. The guy knew that he will always be second fiddle to his wife and the rest of his family by design. Hell, didn’t Meghan and Harry made clear that the Royal institution goes beyond family figureheads? The royals are rotten, for sure, but is laughable to get mad about individual dudes because racist grandpa tendencies at the age of 99.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #41175 on: April 10, 2021, 12:07:19 PM »
Nep is more unhinged than usual today

Hell, every now and again I think "If I just act a coon for, like, three months, I could buy a house." But standards and decency get in the way

Maybe she should concentrate on taking her meds

Boredfrom

« Reply #41176 on: April 10, 2021, 12:30:58 PM »
She can barely get a car and wants a fucking house.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #41177 on: April 10, 2021, 12:45:22 PM »
This person  :nepenthe  claims to have standards and decency  :lol
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41178 on: April 10, 2021, 01:38:58 PM »
still surprised people fall for this culture war nonsense while corporations pillage the environment and profits from workers. 

conservatives is wack yah, but were's my socialized healthcare, biden? still a bandage on a bullet wound. but idiots on era argue about dead dudes.
Identity politics always ends the same way.

The Climate Wars will be biblical. NATO countries will be so at conflict with themselves and their own regulations that Serb Nationalists can shell whatever suburb they want and claim it before the US even notices they've been invaded through their open borders.
🤴

jorma

« Reply #41179 on: April 10, 2021, 01:46:38 PM »
This person  :nepenthe  claims to have standards and decency  :lol

I mean so do all the other racists at stormfront, basic horseshoe theory.  :trumps

In fact i'm pretty sure that a lot of them think that they could buy a house if they betrayed their yt race for a few months, and the only reason they don't is because they have standards and decency  :lol :lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #41180 on: April 10, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
It could be a monetary thing too because white people still, on average, have a lot more capital than everyone else, and enough of them are willing to sink that capital into being told they're the best people on Earth, and that any problems they have in life are the result of minorities existing.

The irony.  Nepenthe, you're a 35+ year old cashier because of you, not the crackers.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #41181 on: April 10, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »

One person literally said they would empty a clip into a gay person, reload, and do it again.

Perspective.

Glad to know you're on the words hurt band wagon.

Seriously. Yes, DMX has some shitty things, I'm sure I don't know all of them, and he has faced assault charges, and more. He lead a complicated life and if you personally don't care that other people found enjoyment from his career, that's fine I guess. I haven't seen personally anybody trying to excuse his actions. I don't know. DMX doesn't seem to be worth the rage to me.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #41182 on: April 10, 2021, 04:37:37 PM »
It could be a monetary thing too because white people still, on average, have a lot more capital than everyone else, and enough of them are willing to sink that capital into being told they're the best people on Earth, and that any problems they have in life are the result of minorities existing.

The irony.  Nepenthe, you're a 35+ year old cashier because of you, not the crackers.
These are the thoughts of a sick mind. What a fucking lunatic.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41183 on: April 10, 2021, 06:13:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-blocks-advertisers-from-targeting-black-lives-matter-youtube-videos.407874/

Not even a tiny moment of reflection on who might also be targeting blm videos if they could. You know, Sharpio, pragerU etc.

I'm not even saying that google can't mess up, but they always, always go for assuming the worst.

Case in point:

Are Google execs literally just pure white supremacists, interested in pushing an agenda of hate?
Probably, yeah. That's not hard to believe.

Lmao, how you jump to that from the fucking article :lol

"How come you ban racial based searches for advertisers?"
 "That's our policy"
 "But what about these racial search terms we tried?"
 "which ones? "
 "These"
 "Oh. Thanks. They're all now banned too".

clothedmacuser

« Reply #41184 on: April 10, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-blocks-advertisers-from-targeting-black-lives-matter-youtube-videos.407874/post-62590791
Like, it takes comparatively little effort to start raking in thousands of dollars extra a month by just being a right-wing presenter.

I wonder if she would provide a link to this amazing job opportunity.  I could then buy a house in 3 months.
sigh

BikeJesus

« Reply #41185 on: April 10, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »
The only power nepnep will ever have in their pathetic life is moderating an unhinged video game message board FOR FREE. Imagine working a job and then coming home and working for free until bedtime while cerium, an honorary white, and B-Chud keep the profits for themselves.

Isn't there a word for people who do labor without payment or compensation?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41186 on: April 10, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
They are certainly not against white supremacy, so... Fascism would benefit Google, so they have no reason to try and fight it. Because in the end, rich people only care about money and power.

:wut

:nsfw ?
RESTORETHESNYDERVERSE

[close]
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #41187 on: April 10, 2021, 08:23:43 PM »
I wonder if they know that the right is also whining that big tech is all against them

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #41188 on: April 10, 2021, 09:10:53 PM »
The only power nepnep will ever have in their pathetic life is moderating an unhinged video game message board FOR FREE. Imagine working a job and then coming home and working for free until bedtime while cerium, an honorary white, and B-Chud keep the profits for themselves.

Isn't there a word for people who do labor without payment or compensation?

nepenthe reaches the end of her life on her deathbed

"y'know I spent some of the best years of my life making a relatively small internet forum a better place by banning distasteful discussion, yeah it was for free and I spent hours stressing and agonizing over it, drove me to tears at least once a week, but I like to think I really made a difference in a lot of lives.

course that was before some white person went on a shooting spree and told the media he did it on behalf of resetera and we had to shut down. the fascists who spun up the new site wouldn't let any of the old mods back in, they said we fostered the environment that led to the shooting, fuck em, after all I did for them. but it was fun while it lasted. anyway I never quite broke into animation but I kept doodling capoeira poses on customers' receipts"

"ma'am I don't know why you're telling me this, I just stopped by to let you know none of the 3 loved ones you listed responded when we told them you only had a few days left"
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #41189 on: April 10, 2021, 09:18:55 PM »
The Creator of “This Is White Privilege” Wouldn’t Do It Again
https://slate.com/culture/2021/04/this-is-white-privilege-tumblr-creator-interview.html

There was at the beginning, when we were all just talking about feminism and racism and homophobia and misogyny and stuff like that. Then there became a simple way to explain it. And any time you make something simpler, it has the ability to make it worse. It has the ability to make it not as effective.

I wonder, did I dumb down the conversation so much that I ended up having a negative impact?

I think that when I was 20 or 22, I felt like I knew everything. And I felt like it was so simple and it was so black-and-white and so easy to understand, and that if you disagree with me, that means you hate Black people. And if you don’t like the way I run the blog, it means that you’re just a racist, period.

We weren’t teaching any critical thinking. We were discouraging critical thinking. There was a time where we said that it was problematic to ask a question, and that is wild to me.

Yeah, I do think so. I think there are people, and I’ll point the finger to myself, number one: I was attracted to the amount of attention and “power”

But there’s something that will always rot when part of your motivation involves the power you get from it, the serotonin shot in your brain. When you can force Tyra Banks to apologize for a character she played on a fake reality show 15 years ago.

I just don’t personally look back on that as something that I’m proud of necessarily. It helped me understand how to build an online community, but I’m not necessarily proud of the way that it made me behave.

Last question: What is the absolute wildest take you remember seeing on Tumblr?

Beary: The Otherkin. An Otherkin was a person who believed that they were a non-human of some kind. You could be a ficus or a money tree or Harry Potter yourself. Wildest discourse I ever saw was that it was wildly offensive to be somebody else’s kin if they have claimed it first. So if I was Batmankin, right, that means I am the only one who’s allowed to be Batman.

:preach
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41190 on: April 10, 2021, 10:03:18 PM »
I wonder if they know that the right is also whining that big tech is all against them

Not to mention big media, big ACLU, and big statistics.

Switters

« Reply #41191 on: April 10, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »
mfw someone else is Batmankin  :batman
troll

jorma

« Reply #41192 on: April 11, 2021, 12:06:19 AM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #41193 on: April 11, 2021, 05:01:30 AM »

Unlike the rest of ResetERA.com, thankfully, Nepenthe won't be 35+ until after her car loan has already ended for six or seven years. She still might grow up and realize the scam like the above "This is White Privilege" person rather than developing further into a stereotype. She'll probably need to get more life experience than from watching Need for Speed cutscenes on YouTube though.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41194 on: April 11, 2021, 07:00:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-blocks-advertisers-from-targeting-black-lives-matter-youtube-videos.407874/post-62590791
Like, it takes comparatively little effort to start raking in thousands of dollars extra a month by just being a right-wing presenter.

I wonder if she would provide a link to this amazing job opportunity.  I could then buy a house in 3 months.

But that has to be true, and anyone getting #cancelled is just reaping the rewards from their long con, because if it wasn't true then ruining peoples lives for sport over minor transgressions that might have happened years ago and already been apologised for would make you some kind of fucking huge piece of shit

benjipwns

« Reply #41195 on: April 11, 2021, 08:14:55 AM »
Everyone knows the real grift is you get banned off YouTube/Twitter and then the Big Conservative money really starts rolling in:
https://twitter.com/HeyItsVadim/status/1376616181734461449

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #41196 on: April 11, 2021, 08:27:22 AM »
that looks like a hostage video from 2005, did he film it on a t-mobile sidekick  :doge
(ice)

Mostima

« Reply #41197 on: April 11, 2021, 09:21:27 AM »
Being a conservative grifter is such a shitty way of earning money. Look at people like Molyneux, Milo, and Gavin McInnes that are trying to claw their way into relevancy now that they're kicked off every major social media site. The most they got out of it was appearing in now-deleted Joe Rogan podcasts. Now breadtuber's a good grift, people like Hbomberguy, Contrapoints and Shaun have several thousands of patrons and make several hundreds of thousands of dollars for releasing 4 shitty Youtube videos a year where they just play dress up and do forced laughter reactions to conservatives. Nepenthe even has the benefit of not being a straight white dude.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41198 on: April 11, 2021, 12:37:33 PM »
Being a conservative grifter is such a shitty way of earning money. Look at people like Molyneux, Milo, and Gavin McInnes that are trying to claw their way into relevancy now that they're kicked off every major social media site. The most they got out of it was appearing in now-deleted Joe Rogan podcasts. Now breadtuber's a good grift, people like Hbomberguy, Contrapoints and Shaun have several thousands of patrons and make several hundreds of thousands of dollars for releasing 4 shitty Youtube videos a year where they just play dress up and do forced laughter reactions to conservatives. Nepenthe even has the benefit of not being a straight white dude.
Another good career path for Nepenthe is "just chatting" Twitch streamer.
I've yet to see one with both the woke and thot skill tree maxed out :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41199 on: April 11, 2021, 01:30:19 PM »
 :exxy
Oi Oi

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #41200 on: April 11, 2021, 01:59:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fort-lauderdale-karen-who-was-asked-to-wear-mask-goes-on-racist-tirade-on-muslim-couple-calls-police-gets-arrested-cries.408246/

So white woman goes on a racist rage on a muslim couple and calls the cops on them. Sadly that means the muslim couple is for sure going to be arrested or killed. That's what the ACAB bridge tells me.

So in a thread where one of the cops tells the white woman (whom admitted she was from the Ukraine) to go back to the Ukraine...

Quote from: kegels
still really surprised as the cop response
The cop asking her where she was from was pure gold.
I love that the police officer asked where she is from.
Even cops don't want to defend her and deal with her bullshit lol

Copaganda!

BadAss2961

« Reply #41201 on: April 11, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »

[close]
ZombiUnicorn

[close]

Pulling for you, Nep. #goals

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #41202 on: April 11, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »

[close]
ZombiUnicorn

[close]

Pulling for you, Nep. #goals

I remember that name from the hilarious "Bullyhunter" event

Boredfrom

« Reply #41203 on: April 11, 2021, 04:43:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/day’s-gone-director-jeff-ross-will-be-live-with-david-jaffe-as-they-discuss-the-recent-schreier-article.408324/page-10#post-62667264

Quote from: JasonS
. I haven't watched the video, but if...

Jason, i thought you should know better than responding to someone just because you heard what RE bitched Second hand.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:48:53 PM by Boredfrom »

paprikastaude

« Reply #41204 on: April 11, 2021, 04:59:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/day’s-gone-director-jeff-ross-will-be-live-with-david-jaffe-as-they-discuss-the-recent-schreier-article.408324/page-10#post-62667264

Jason, i thought you should know better than responding to someone just because you heard what RE bitched Second hand.

I haven't watched the video, but if Jeff Ross said that Days Gone 2 was in production when he left, he was not telling the truth.

And if he said that Bend was "never" going to become a Naughty Dog support studio, he was making an overstatement about decisions that'd be made over his head in the first place. Besides, have none of you ever worked at companies where management said some corporate shenanigans would never happen and then of course they inevitably happened? You people can be so naive sometimes. Someone at Naughty Dog told me a couple of weeks ago that they already half-jokingly refer to Bend as Naughty Dog North. Would that actually happen? I have no idea, and neither does Jeff Ross.

And please go away with the Sony defense force console war bullshit. It's so transparent.

:juicy

Schreier floundering like a wounded animal, straight up rebutted by the people he's making rumours about - who don't have anything to hide, because they left the company.
 "BUT I HEARD IT FROM THE JANITOR AT SONY; I'M IMPORTANT YOU NAIVE FUCKS"

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #41205 on: April 11, 2021, 05:06:01 PM »

I haven't watched the video, but if Jeff Ross said that Days Gone 2 was in production when he left, he was not telling the truth.

And if he said that Bend was "never" going to become a Naughty Dog support studio, he was making an overstatement about decisions that'd be made over his head in the first place. Besides, have none of you ever worked at companies where management said some corporate shenanigans would never happen and then of course they inevitably happened? You people can be so naive sometimes. Someone at Naughty Dog told me a couple of weeks ago that they already half-jokingly refer to Bend as Naughty Dog North. Would that actually happen? I have no idea, and neither does Jeff Ross.

And please go away with the Sony defense force console war bullshit. It's so transparent.

:juicy

Schreier floundering like a wounded animal, straight up rebutted by the people he's making rumours about - who don't have anything to hide, because they left the company.
 "BUT I HEARD IT FROM THE JANITOR AT SONY; I'M IMPORTANT YOU NAIVE FUCKS"

Or Jason got burned by his source. RIP

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41206 on: April 11, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen we got him  :success
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #41207 on: April 11, 2021, 06:02:04 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1381362523362955266

How double faced Jason is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1381364264099807232

You could just not said anything until you watched the interview..,

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41208 on: April 11, 2021, 06:07:11 PM »
Maybe the Bloomberg Union can protect you Jason  :obama
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #41209 on: April 11, 2021, 06:10:03 PM »
Protected from what? The director already said the article is not that inaccurate. His son of being a double faced petty asshole is not grounds to fire him.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #41210 on: April 11, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »
"I wasn't saying he was lying, I was saying he wasn't telling the truth"  :neogaf

Anyway, that's what he gets for relying on summaries by RE members

Boredfrom

« Reply #41211 on: April 11, 2021, 06:27:38 PM »
Why can’t Jasón just wait to see the interview rather than sound like an abrasive dick without reason? He knows that RE doesn’t have the best reading comprehension out there.

Drainage

« Reply #41212 on: April 11, 2021, 06:28:59 PM »
When you’re so defensive you respond to criticism you haven’t even seen yet  :brain

benjipwns

« Reply #41213 on: April 11, 2021, 06:46:24 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1381364264099807232
FACT CHECK: We are not capital-G Gamers, Jason.

:karen :gamergate :social :reeeee

benjipwns

« Reply #41214 on: April 11, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »

we have fun though

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41215 on: April 11, 2021, 06:53:37 PM »
To be fair at least the latest drama meltdown is about video games for a change :trumps
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #41216 on: April 11, 2021, 06:56:47 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Drive-by, Trolling

RIP and condolences to the Queen and family and friends.

also RIP to a good slice of ERA's humanity it would seem

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #41217 on: April 11, 2021, 06:58:45 PM »
Yeah... it killed the element of surprise.
Now people are like "lmao who asked for a remake of TLOU?"

I'm sure if we only found out once the first trailer was released the reaction would've been way different.

:lol

No one wants this remake, a trailer announcement doesn't change that one bit.

benjipwns

« Reply #41218 on: April 11, 2021, 07:01:43 PM »
will wait for the PC port like MLB and Horizon, remaster or not 8)

benjipwns

« Reply #41219 on: April 11, 2021, 07:13:39 PM »
This whole gaming discourse is still beyond broken.
Every god damn time, a journalist is reporting something everyone is going apeshit and harrassing the journalist. For what? For actually fucking what?
No matter who, no matter which company is involved, no matter the website. It really is pathetic and I'm strongly for some stricter rules in how we
as a community handles these things, how we partake in this discourse, because people in this industry get doexxed, harrassed and whatnot enough
lol calm down