Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106357 times)

BisMarckie

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #30600 on: November 20, 2020, 07:06:10 AM »
That number includes all kinds of homicides. Not just hate crimes. So compared to the murder rate in some of these countries, it‘s actually not that many and below average.

Or am I reading this wrong and I am now some hateful bigot?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30601 on: November 20, 2020, 07:10:53 AM »
Isn't that Mermaid thing they donated to a kind of iffy organisation?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30603 on: November 20, 2020, 07:23:45 AM »
That number includes all kinds of homicides. Not just hate crimes. So compared to the murder rate in some of these countries, it‘s actually not that many and below average.

Or am I reading this wrong and I am now some hateful bigot?

No, its the same thing they pulled last year too. The numbers just don't support the narrative.
Its just a list of trans people that were murdered, not a list of murders of people for specifically being trans, and it also happens to show that statistically trans people are not actually at any higher risk of being killed (by someone else, anyway) than any other group are, and are often statistically less likely to be murdered.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30604 on: November 20, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »
Isn't that Mermaid thing they donated to a kind of iffy organisation?

yes, but you're not allowed to say so :wag

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30605 on: November 20, 2020, 07:32:43 AM »
Tell me the number after we subtract the ones murdered by their pimps and johns.
Oi Oi

SmokyDave

« Reply #30606 on: November 20, 2020, 08:14:21 AM »
Yeah, the actual stats are awkward as fuck. Although I think there's a need for a remembrance day, and to keep awareness that there are trans people killed solely for being trans, those numbers probably shouldn't be front and centre given that they're, to put it callously, underwhelming.

Permaban for anyone that goes anywhere near that though, so it won't be mentioned. I'd like to know more because I have no issue believing that trans people are disproportionately murdered, so I'd want to know why those numbers paint the opposite picture.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30607 on: November 20, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
We’re any transmen included in those stats? And why are they less likely to be killed for being trans?
Oi Oi

« Reply #30608 on: November 20, 2020, 08:35:08 AM »
Judging by the number of replies in both threads, trans era was right, no one gives a shit about them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30609 on: November 20, 2020, 08:44:52 AM »
350 of mostly young lives lost is a significant number and is nothing to joke about  :fbm
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #30610 on: November 20, 2020, 08:50:39 AM »
350 of mostly young lives lost is a significant number and is nothing to joke about  :fbm
You're absolutely right, which is why I say this is awkward as fuck to discuss. One death is too many and all that.

It still stands out though. Just as it would if someone told me that AIDS had killed 3400 people since 1985*. That's a lot of dead people, but I'd still be scratching my head because the figure is far off my expectations.

*totally made this up, don't bother wondering if I've actually heard that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30611 on: November 20, 2020, 08:54:24 AM »
if being trans makes you statistically less likely to be murdered then sign me up for cis
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30612 on: November 20, 2020, 09:08:07 AM »

No, but playing the "we have it worse than anyone" card in the middle of a global pandemic where more than that number of young people are dying daily also through no fault of their own reeks of solipsism

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30615 on: November 20, 2020, 09:15:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vatican-now-investigating-how-pope-francis-instagram-liked-photo-of-womans-butt.329852/

playing angels advocate, he likes big buts, and he cannot lie
The church of Satan abolished that in 1996, for being an acritical bootlicker position.  :ufup

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30616 on: November 20, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
Based on Morrigans moderation, the church of satan fucking hate big butts :idont

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30618 on: November 20, 2020, 10:20:18 AM »

No, but playing the "we have it worse than anyone" card in the middle of a global pandemic where more than that number of young people are dying daily also through no fault of their own reeks of solipsism
I dunno, once you start going down the "One death is a tragedy, many deaths is a statistic" route you're entering dangerous territory that ultimately costs more lives.

For me things like COVID are different because that's a virus that kills indiscriminately. Much like a hurricane or earthquake.
Murder and manslaughter is 100% preventable. 
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30619 on: November 20, 2020, 10:24:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-37#post-52019366
Quote from: Dmax3901
Some of you may recall I made a thread about the sexualised ads we've seen from this game so far.

I was watching the new trailers today and saw a close-up version of one of the ads I had included in my thread:

SPOILER: PRETTY FUCKING GROSS
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
I know it's not strictly related to the topic at hand, but again I feel it is more evidence that CDPR have completely missed the mark here.

Anything they're attempting to say (which has questionable value to begin with) will be lost on the majority of their #gamer audience, who will see these ads and be like "hahah, that's hot" and stereotypes are enforced and sexists are emboldened.

The exact same thing will happen with the transphobic ads/content we've seen thus far, which has potential to be even more harmful given how vilified trans folks are in the real world (and specifically this industry) already.

:exxy

It's all so PRETTY FUCKING GROSS, but he still took the time to upload lots of images of it!
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #30620 on: November 20, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
i can't believe someone would sexualize a milf.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Hermit

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:18:23 AM by Hermit »

Averon

« Reply #30622 on: November 20, 2020, 11:04:09 AM »
What is their issue with the sexy ads other than being prudes? All I got from that post is that the MILFGUARD ad is bad because...it's bad.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30623 on: November 20, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
I dunno, once you start going down the "One death is a tragedy, many deaths is a statistic" route you're entering dangerous territory that ultimately costs more lives.

For me things like COVID are different because that's a virus that kills indiscriminately. Much like a hurricane or earthquake.
Murder and manslaughter is 100% preventable.

Sure, but again, when you're demanding a week of memorial under the claim your pet cause is the worthiest and most at risk cause there is, and it turns out that in fact using your own numbers, you're statistically less likely to be the victim of a homicide than almost any other demographic, it might be in bad taste to raise the question as to why you need a week of remembrance for that, but that question is still hanging there.

Murder and manslaughter might be preventable in the case of being criminal acts perpetuated by people and theoretically avoidable, but what percentage of those murders could / would be prevented by giving money to pro trans lobbyists? What legislation do they want that would stop that? Make murder more illegal?

Boredfrom

« Reply #30624 on: November 20, 2020, 11:29:06 AM »
Based on Morrigans moderation, the church of satan fucking hate big butts :idont

Why are satanists so prude?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #30625 on: November 20, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-52072097

Hey Arithmetican,

Kudos for coming back and re-engaging. I am as happy by that post as I was annoyed by the initial post I replied to. Thanks for taking the time to understand. It really is as "simple" as they made it without any subtext. Which aside from the transphobia issues would be offputting anyway, they really don't give the impression that they have put any real "effort" into expanding the genre or doing anything fresh or original, and just like (as I have said before) Neon, sex and blade arms.

Anyway I'm happy you could understand a little better and felt comfortable enough to return.

Arithmetician
 User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns of transphobia over multiple posts

:crowdlaff

“Why won’t they engage with us?!”

Boredfrom

« Reply #30627 on: November 20, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
When bad actors beg for a job:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sia-casts-neurotypical-actress-as-autistic-girl-in-new-film-tells-autistic-actresses-maybe-youre-a-bad-actor.330035/

Seriously, RE hates twitter but they are happy to engage in randos defense because they claim being “a minority”.

SmokyDave

« Reply #30628 on: November 20, 2020, 11:45:33 AM »
Arithmetician

Holy shit. Dude made a good point, got dogpiled, went back and apologised regardless and ended up banned.

I hope he's learned his lesson.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30629 on: November 20, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »
User Banned (5 days): inflammatory comparison

just wanna say “it’s within their legal rights” is the same BS Rudy is using to spread the voter fraud shit. just because nintendo “can” doesn’t mean they should, or that you should just support them
         is this fragility?
 :isthis

Boredfrom

« Reply #30630 on: November 20, 2020, 11:51:54 AM »
I always loved that "We couldn't find a good 'blank' actor so we just hired a white person to be 'blank'".

Maybe the reason those people aren't 'good actors' is because they are never getting a chance.

And of course an abled person playing a disabled person would seem like a better actor in that role because you go "wow I didn't know they were disabled" and are paying zero attention to anything else in that role. 

“Abled” 

:social :social  :social

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30631 on: November 20, 2020, 12:13:28 PM »
Arithmetician

Holy shit. Dude made a good point, got dogpiled, went back and apologised regardless and ended up banned.

The moment he engaged in the discussion I expected him to get banned. I'm surprised he lasted that long

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30632 on: November 20, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
tran right is a boot stomping on a human face forever  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #30633 on: November 20, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
There are lots of other neuro-atypical people, like RJ Mitte, who phenomenally played Walter White Jr. in Breaking Bad (he has cerebral palsy). Tal Anderson is autistic and plays in the series "Atypical" as well. There's lots. With less-visible neuro-atypical actors, you may never actually know! I think I read somewhere once that Sir Anthony Hopkins has Asperger's, and there are more I'm sure!

“THERE IS TONS”

Mentions two.

“AND A LOT WE DONT KNOW”

Anthony Hopkins has aspies?

Also, didn’t RE hated the term Asperger because he was a Nazi or something?

paprikastaude

« Reply #30634 on: November 20, 2020, 01:13:36 PM »
Also mentioning Breaking Bad as a positive example? :wag That show was the biggest contributor to Trump's base next to South Park and pretty much all television that isn't 7th Heaven.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30635 on: November 20, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »
Sia just didn't want to go full autistic. :doge

Crumb

• *cough*

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #30637 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
Arithmetician

The moment he engaged in the discussion I expected him to get banned. I'm surprised he lasted that long

Oooh, this is rich.

If you were temp banned, or requested a ban, I just want you to know that at least as far as I’m concerned, you are always welcomed here.

Let’s play, ‘What’s more Ridiculous!’

1) The assertion that he is welcomed in that thread after being banned for being there?

Or

2) The suggestion it might have been a requested ban? (Due to his shame on his earlier posts, I guess.)

You be the judge, dear reader.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30638 on: November 20, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-valhalla-and-the-unfortunate-implications-acoup-blog.329978/

I wonder why there's no medieval game that tries to portray the times accurately with its warts and all...  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30639 on: November 20, 2020, 01:52:57 PM »
Why doesn't anyone care about the *checks notes*  English being colonized  :wut
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #30640 on: November 20, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »
Weren't they also mad about the Mongols empire being "dehumanized" in Ghosts of Tsushima?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30641 on: November 20, 2020, 02:02:43 PM »
Weren't they also mad about the Mongols empire being "dehumanized" in Ghosts of Tsushima?

When it's too accurate it's problematic and when it isn't accurate it's also problematic.

The house always wins.

Top of the page edit, keeping the theme going:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:11:17 PM by HaughtyFrank »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30642 on: November 20, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
Press Y to rape and pillage.

It'd make Valhalla my GOTY.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30643 on: November 20, 2020, 02:12:39 PM »
Yeah i was wondering why Ubisoft didn't put rape and slavery mechanics, in their mainstream videogame, i was expecting to put English kids heads on a spike, wtf.

EDIT: WTF Cyberpunk has a poster of a BOOB?!

EDIT2: Did they really use the word "disfigured" in one line of text? WTF?!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:21:43 PM by Don Rumata »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #30644 on: November 20, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
Last week we decided we were going to adopt a kitten, so the animal shelter sent us some pictures of kittens available. My daughter picked out a little black and white kitten and named it Tuxie. We paid for it, and we set an appointment for yesterday morning to come pick her up after she's had her shots and spayed and all that. For days, all my kid had been going on about how she couldn't wait to get Tuxie, how much she was going to love Tuxie, how cute Tuxie was.

We get there yesterday morning at our appointed pick up, and they can't find Tuxie. That's because it turns out that they fucking adopted her to someone else the day before by accident. The shelter tried to claw her back, but the family wasn't giving up the cat. So great, thanks for ruining my daughter's life. That went over real well.

This whole episode with GA feels like that. This is supposed to be signed, sealed, and delivered, but I have no faith in the universe to not somehow fuck everything up in the end. Not trying to doom post, but fuck if I'm just not so very fucking tired of shit constantly going sideways.

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2020-ot10-one-last-2020-for-the-road.319078/page-374#post-52091672

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #30645 on: November 20, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
I like how most outrages these days are can used be traced back to some dickhead at a content farm/on twitter dropping a galaxy brain take :lol
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30646 on: November 20, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »
I like how most outrages these days are can used be traced back to some dickhead at a content farm/on twitter dropping a galaxy brain take :lol
People who latch onto those takes don't understand that the ones that make them move on to a new take pretty fast.
They tend not dwell on things as much as the outraged.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30647 on: November 20, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-valhalla-and-the-unfortunate-implications-acoup-blog.329978/
I've been getting a strong "are we the baddies?" vibe from this game and I don't like it one bit. Gameplay is fun, but I feel like nothing I'm doing is good for the majority of people in England.
:fbm

Tasty

« Reply #30648 on: November 20, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/update-from-trumps-lawyers.1575877/page-62#post-261202965
Quote from: HUELEN10
I prayed for Rudy so much; after seeing shit like this and watching this conference I’m not gonna stop.

Go get ‘em Rudy.

:crowdlaff Don't stop with these posts.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #30649 on: November 20, 2020, 07:35:42 PM »
Quote from: dkny1121
The problem is they don't care, as long as Trump loses. Look at all the posters on these boards that popped up. Morally bankrupt degenerate trans lovers.

Quote from: ZippyTheOtter
Careful now, your bias is spilling

You will never be a woman.

I'm not trans but holy fuck, you think that's a rebuttal?

Being trans has no bearing on being a supporter of the Nation, its laws, and its president. Just saying.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/if-you-think-there-was-no-election-fraud-just-watch-this-video.1578089/post-261223913

Is this the quality posting that Tyler had in mind for a fresh start for NeoGAF?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30650 on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
NeoGAF is all about free speech and facts based discussion.

But, a post like this?

"Stop being so mean! F-fascism!" ...and yet apparently we're the snowflakes for calling out bullshit and attempts at subverting democracy.

cops a permaban with the ban message:

Oh you're back. Let's see...facism - check. Snowflake - check. Who is 'we'? Who are you speaking on behalf of? Sounds like extremists speech tbh. Back to the group you go. You can get a pat on the head.

Go read the Politics sub forum. It's a fucking disaster. Lunatics arguing with trolls, and the inmates are, once again, running the asylum.
Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #30651 on: November 20, 2020, 08:46:50 PM »
Imagine reading neogaf in 2020

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love You Bork!
[close]

blame space

« Reply #30652 on: November 20, 2020, 09:13:01 PM »
the neogaf ban page is a special kind of sad.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #30653 on: November 20, 2020, 09:15:47 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/update-from-trumps-lawyers.1575877/page-62#post-261202965
I prayed for Rudy so much; after seeing shit like this and watching this conference I’m not gonna stop.

Go get ‘em Rudy.

:crowdlaff Don't stop with these posts.

As requested.

Scott Adams is a national treasure.
He really is. He seems, IMO, to be the only famous person with any common sense regarding this situation, pointing out logical issues on both sides. I like how he explains Trump’s path to victory, should he want it, in a logical way; it’s not the path most people may think it is!

blame space

« Reply #30654 on: November 20, 2020, 10:01:38 PM »
huelen is trolling, whether they know it or not.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30655 on: November 20, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »
huelen is trolling, whether they know it or not.

Yulwei

« Reply #30656 on: November 21, 2020, 12:32:50 AM »

The problem is they don't care, as long as Trump loses. Look at all the posters on these boards that popped up. Morally bankrupt degenerate trans lovers.

Careful now, your bias is spilling

I'm not trans but holy fuck, you think that's a rebuttal?

Being trans has no bearing on being a supporter of the Nation, its laws, and its president. Just saying.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/if-you-think-there-was-no-election-fraud-just-watch-this-video.1578089/post-261223913

Is this the quality posting that Tyler had in mind for a fresh start for NeoGAF?
:whoo they've got some real philosophers and orators on that board

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #30657 on: November 21, 2020, 12:44:23 AM »
It's amazing how much the discussion about autistic people rarely includes autistic people.

Probably because autistic people aren't little bitch ass millennials and they just try to get through life and do their job without complaining about everything.  If I had my choice I'd hire a dozen autistics over someone born post 1985.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-52019366
Anything they're attempting to say (which has questionable value to begin with) will be lost on the majority of their #gamer audience, who will see these ads and be like "hahah, that's hot" and stereotypes are enforced and sexists are emboldened.

"Stupid people won't understand this so it should be banned," the constant ballad of Era

9min 42 seconds for an example.

Quote from: MessofanEgo
Being a devil's advocate is a bad thing. A bad faith thing. It shows someone doesn't have skin in the game and makes dispassionate and directionless arguments, without offering solutions. In 1983, the Pop abolished the devil's advocate and was able to improve things. Just a little trivia. Get rid of the devil's advocate, bring in the angel's advocate.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-51910208

Isn't the whole point of a devil's advocate to eliminate chain ganging and group think?  With some proper devil's advocates we could have avoided Bay of Pigs or the Iraq war.  I'm kind of out of my depth here but i've been up for like 32 hours.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #30658 on: November 21, 2020, 01:53:07 AM »
Yes, Pope John Paul II abolished that office so it would be easier for the Church to declare someone a "saint".

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30659 on: November 21, 2020, 05:50:42 AM »
Isn't the whole point of a devil's advocate to eliminate chain ganging and group think?  With some proper devil's advocates we could have avoided Bay of Pigs or the Iraq war.  I'm kind of out of my depth here but i've been up for like 32 hours.

Yeah, most people with basic critical thinking skills appreciate the value of things like challenging preconceptions, wanting evidence for assertions, questioning on what basis an authority is being asserted or demonstrating independent thought on reaching a conclusion.

but playing angels advocate, if you believe something hard enough thats basically the same as it being objectively true.