Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189773 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #2460 on: January 31, 2022, 04:14:54 PM »
GT7 is why i bought a PS5 :lol (and eventually final fantasy 16)

(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #2461 on: February 02, 2022, 11:54:16 PM »
Me starting to watch the GT7 State of Play....  :shaq2
Then..  :obama
Then..   :leon
Then watching the rest....
 :whoo :lawd :ohhh :anhuld :hulk :crazy :mindblown

Bebpo

« Reply #2462 on: February 03, 2022, 02:10:05 AM »
I just hope the single player campaign is fun. They spend so much time on the car list, but c'mon, is anyone really going to drive more than like 50 cars in the game? I'd rather they hype up tracks and campaign mode stuff than endless cars I'll never use.

Svejk

« Reply #2463 on: February 03, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
I just hope the single player campaign is fun. They spend so much time on the car list, but c'mon, is anyone really going to drive more than like 50 cars in the game? I'd rather they hype up tracks and campaign mode stuff than endless cars I'll never use.
Yeah, I was just expecting "Over 5,000 cars and 500 tracks with 4K graphicsez!!" and that was it, but the extra stuff like the cafe seemed kinda cool. (And 2player couch co-op split screen!)  The weather and stars shit though...  who the F pays so much attention to such details?!  Holy smokes!  Ironically, this is looking to be the Ace Combat 7 of driving games.  I need to see more of what rally stuff they'll have though.  That's my jam.

Edit:

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2464 on: February 03, 2022, 10:10:16 AM »
Obvs watching on youtube is very different from the real thing, but GT7 doesn't look as good as Forza 7 did on a Xbone X imo.  :doge
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2465 on: February 03, 2022, 12:06:31 PM »
I think its mostly because the tracks and environments in Gran Turismo tend to look flatter than in Forza games?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 12:12:22 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #2466 on: February 03, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »
I think its mostly because the tracks and environments in Gran Turismo tend to look flatter than in Forza games?
Never played a Forza, so I wouldn't know.  But yeah, seems GT pretty much always reuses the same real life tracks all the time.  Would love to see their team come up with their own tracks.

Svejk

« Reply #2467 on: February 03, 2022, 02:00:49 PM »
Didn't realize a Ghostwire showcase is today  ???

Bebpo

« Reply #2468 on: February 03, 2022, 04:16:14 PM »
I find real world tracks in Forza/GT/all racing games super boring visually. Just fucking grass and track. I'm not into real world races and so that stuff is so boring to watch for me.

The best tracks have always been the city races or made up stuff through gorgeous forests and whatnot. GT7 supposedly has a lot of tracks (I think like 34? or something), so hopefully there's some nice ones.

Cars are already photorealistic in these games. Not much more you can do to make them look good. The visual focus at this point should be on tracks, weather, time of day lighting.

To be fair though, Forza 7 looks fucking amazing. I don't like Forza much, but I still stuck around and played it for a few weeks and even bought the game before they lost the license because it's just so damn gorgeous with the fast speed time of day lighting changes and weather. Even Horizon 5 left me really underwhelmed visually coming from Forza 7.

So I wouldn't be surprised if GT7 doesn't look as good as Forza 7. If it gets close though, it should look pretty sick, since like I said F7 is the best looking racing game on the planet. But the campaign was still pretty sucky. So hopefully GT7 is better there.

You know, I loved the fuck out of GT1-3 and put dozens and dozens of hours into them. Just loved the series and its rpg campaigns and it got me interested in lots of cars. But I fell off GT pretty hard the last few entries as it focused more on MP and had barebones SP campaigns. Plus sim racing is pretty boring to me. It was the campaigns of GT1-3 that made them fun. There's a lot of talk about GT7 going back to the old rpg campaign style. Would be nice if they pull it off and it's not some shallow modern version.

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #2469 on: February 04, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »
Didn't realize a Ghostwire showcase is today  ???

I'm suspicious of how little we've seen,and how this is launching out of nowhere at the end of the financial quarter, but that actually looks pretty sick. Just please don't be busted or rushed out in some way. And for the love of god have a functional PC port, Tango's stuff has always been such a fucking mess there.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2470 on: February 06, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/9ujDg1X

Pardon my shitty looking home, but got one of those PS5 covers.

Well it looks a little less stupid, but maybe they went with white initially because it made the shape pop more.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2471 on: February 06, 2022, 02:54:44 PM »
Love the collection of consoles but you need to give some a bit more space if you plan on using them otherwise they'll overheat
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2472 on: February 06, 2022, 04:21:53 PM »
trying out :aloy: zero soy on ps5 and what the fuck, how is shit from 2017 the best looking game I've ever seen :titus

EDIT:it's the HDR :thinking
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:27:15 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #2473 on: February 06, 2022, 05:44:07 PM »
Decima :lawd

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #2474 on: February 06, 2022, 09:56:50 PM »
Just found out Tiny Tina free ps+ game is the same dlc from BL2  :beli
jon

Svejk

« Reply #2475 on: February 07, 2022, 01:28:33 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2476 on: February 08, 2022, 01:21:30 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #2477 on: February 08, 2022, 06:35:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/SonyAI_global/status/1490717055536050181

:thinking

:itsnothingburger.gif

Is there ANY actual information in that teaser?
:idont
Most likely nothing.  At most, some silly tech demo racer of sorts I would presume..   If only Polyphony would revisit Omega Boost (in VR) or something actually not GT.  :-\

Svejk

« Reply #2478 on: February 08, 2022, 08:36:02 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2479 on: February 08, 2022, 08:38:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/SonyAI_global/status/1490717055536050181

:thinking

:itsnothingburger.gif

Is there ANY actual information in that teaser?
:idont
Most likely nothing.  At most, some silly tech demo racer of sorts I would presume..   If only Polyphony would revisit Omega Boost (in VR) or something actually not GT.  :-\

I miss Motor Toon.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2480 on: February 09, 2022, 09:53:16 AM »
New PS5 beta update incoming...  Still no folders, but...

New PS5 UI Features

-  Filter by genre
        We've added an option to filter your game collection by genre, letting you quickly find specific types of game experiences.
  -  Keep in Home
        You can now keep the games or apps you choose on your home screen by selecting "Keep in Home" with the (options) button.
        You can keep a maximum of five games and apps on each home screen with this feature.
  -  Increased apps on the home screen
        You can now have a total of 14 games and apps appear on your home screen.

There's other stuff for accessibility and chat features too, etc.
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/08/new-ps5-and-ps4-system-software-betas-roll-out-tomorrow/

Bebpo

« Reply #2481 on: February 23, 2022, 08:31:16 PM »
In the last month or two has anyone else been getting a weird 1-2 second pop up of "checking for cloud storage save" when you take the system out of rest mode and resume a game? It's not a big deal but it's weird that this only started recently for me.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2482 on: February 23, 2022, 09:56:52 PM »
In the last month or two has anyone else been getting a weird 1-2 second pop up of "checking for cloud storage save" when you take the system out of rest mode and resume a game? It's not a big deal but it's weird that this only started recently for me.
Yes that's been happening to me while playing Horizon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 11:44:54 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #2483 on: March 01, 2022, 06:35:00 PM »
I saw GT7 has 3 second loads or something to races.

That's a bigger game changer for GT and the racing genre than anything else  :lol

Also the skybox and time of day stuff is supposed to be very, very nice according to Digital Foundry. Since that was the most impressive stuff in Forza 7, sounds great to me. Definitely will check the game out and give it a bit of time this weekend. Everything sounds good about it.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2484 on: March 01, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »
I'm curious to how they're going to expand in it post release and how :money, they added a shit load to GT Sport post release for free, but that was a weird thing (that I never really got into) so God knows if that's what to expect from GT7.
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2485 on: March 01, 2022, 08:19:09 PM »
Well GT Sport released half-assed MP barebones thing so they tried to make up for it No Man Sky style by adding to it for years.
I got too burned on GT Sport initially and I came back for the SP "campaign" which was just a bunch of cups and no real progression and it just wasn't for me.

GT was always my carpg as a single player gamer who likes rpgs and likes cars. GT Sport wasn't. Hoping GT7 brings it back.

Svejk

« Reply #2486 on: March 02, 2022, 10:14:23 AM »
GT7 is getting pretty good scores so far.  Sitting at an 88 metacritic atm.

Polident Hive

« Reply #2487 on: March 03, 2022, 08:32:11 AM »
Back in 2006, whenever Project Gotham Racing 3 came out, I thought: this is it. How do you make car games look better. Every couple of years I check in on one of these and get reminded that I'm an idiot.

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1498978389977452544

Bebpo

« Reply #2488 on: March 04, 2022, 03:04:05 AM »

Couldn't put GT7 down tonight. Game is hilariously dated in some ways and doesn't look amazing (looks fine, but tracks are really sparse and weather effects aren't too impressive), but it's the most 90s Japanese videogame I have played in a long time.

It's really classy and fun and totally missing some modern QoL stuff. Music selection seems a bit small since I was already hearing repeats after a few hours.

But man, driving with assists off in cockpit view, no rewinds and a pretty shitty racing line (doesn't change braking colors) is an intense fun experience learning the tracks and their turns with your car. If I had the room in my small room I'd be tempted to pick up one of the lower price FF Wheel & Pedal sets for this.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:29:36 AM by Bebpo »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2489 on: March 04, 2022, 05:00:35 AM »
I only had the chance to do the first few menu books last night and I'm working for the next 8 hrs :fbm
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2490 on: March 04, 2022, 06:54:34 AM »
Back in 2006, whenever Project Gotham Racing 3 came out, I thought: this is it. How do you make car games look better. Every couple of years I check in on one of these and get reminded that I'm an idiot.

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1498978389977452544
They cheat a lot with photo modes in these race games and upping the graphics for only the player car.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2491 on: March 04, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
And the games still arent as fun as PGR3
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2492 on: March 04, 2022, 08:27:11 AM »
Forza Horizon 5 is very fun but I greatly miss PGR.  :'(
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #2493 on: March 04, 2022, 08:41:21 AM »
Tokyo Xtreme Racer is still my top street racer jam.  :lawd

Bebpo

« Reply #2494 on: March 04, 2022, 11:45:58 AM »
Forza Horizon 5 is very fun but I greatly miss PGR.  :'(

Yeah, PGR still the best racer.

Bebpo

« Reply #2495 on: March 04, 2022, 02:51:30 PM »
Welp, just spent $1,000 for the official wheel w/2 pedals from Fanatec. Will find a small lightweight Ikea table to clamp it because I ain't got no room for a weight wheel stand.

Maybe spend another $200-$300 for the clutch pedal/shifter, but will start with this and figure out how much I want to commit. Using some of the $19,000 I got from selling my S2K to get a virtual S2K experience  :lol

*edit* looks like the clutch pedal + shifters w/table clamp is about another $500  :'( 
Racing wheels are fucking insane.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 03:05:50 PM by Bebpo »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2496 on: March 04, 2022, 03:19:18 PM »
:titus
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2497 on: March 04, 2022, 03:21:23 PM »
The power of Gran Turismo nostalgia  :lol

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2498 on: March 04, 2022, 08:37:05 PM »
How fucking long has it been since they made a real TXR game? I think the last one was on 360

Bebpo

« Reply #2499 on: March 06, 2022, 04:28:47 AM »
Spent an hour getting my racing line down to get 1st place in the very first daily online race. I suck so getting 1st against human beings is a big accomplishment and feels good.

Also I can't believe the photoshop mode has 2,500 photos to play with. Damn. So much fun. Although for California there is a severe lack of Los Angeles locations and way too many photos from like ...the Salton Sea :\  But having lived in Aomori Japan was cool seeing all the Aomori spots.

I'm always impressed how well they can fake the cars fitting into these 2d photos.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2500 on: March 06, 2022, 09:08:40 AM »
why are the wheel spins so shit. Out of the 10 or so I've had, I've gotten the worst prize 8 times >:(
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2501 on: March 06, 2022, 12:26:11 PM »
why are the wheel spins so shit. Out of the 10 or so I've had, I've gotten the worst prize 8 times >:(

Same, haven't gotten a car yet.

Bebpo

« Reply #2502 on: March 06, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »

Tried go-karts in the rain, didn't go so well. Even with all assists on couldn't even drive in a straight line. Meanwhile the CPU AI has no issues with rain. I saw a review mention that, seems like a bug.

The rain is impressive in that it's very reactive when driving over it and it's handled very realistic. Like on the Tokyo expressway the areas where there is an overhang there's not much rain and you grip fine but then the open areas of the track are impossible to drive with soft tires. But it is kinda sucky that out of 34 tracks only 5 have rain and 29 don't :| I get it takes time with a realistic implementation like this, but you'd think between Sport and now there'd be enough time to do wet tracks for all of them.

Driving it in the day was completely different experience.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 04:35:31 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #2503 on: March 06, 2022, 04:29:03 PM »
Also this was an online race last night where some mother fucking bumped me on purpose into the goddamn wall five mins in and cost me first place. I'm the blue car and watch the red car fucking bump me here:

Shit was so on purpose.

Svejk

« Reply #2504 on: March 08, 2022, 11:57:47 AM »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2505 on: March 08, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »
Not expecting anything hot given how long it is tbh.
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2506 on: March 08, 2022, 01:21:41 PM »

Which was nowhere near as fun as the Sega and Namco arcade racers.  I miss arcade racers so much- sims are :zzz  Gran Turismo has always been a snoozer.  Keeps looking better, but stays boring. 

:bow Cruisn' Blast :bow2

Not expecting anything hot given how long it is tbh.

Well, yeah- They barely have anything coming out of Japan now.  :-\

Would love to see something new and good.  Not getting my hopes up. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 01:26:22 PM by bork »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2507 on: March 08, 2022, 04:39:44 PM »
Main things people might get their hopes up for would be FF16 or a peek at FF7 remake part 2, or the resident evil 4 remake. I'd expect Tekken dlc, the same chrono cross trailer from Nintendo and maybe the FF 1-6 remasters at abolsute best.
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2508 on: March 08, 2022, 08:27:22 PM »

Which was nowhere near as fun as the Sega and Namco arcade racers.  I miss arcade racers so much- sims are :zzz  Gran Turismo has always been a snoozer.  Keeps looking better, but stays boring. 

The motion blur and drifting in GT7 makes it a lot more arcade-y and fun to me. The physics updates have cars sliding around a lot and shit feels fast in some of these cars.

Got my wheel set up and I'm spinning out a lot. Had to turn on some assists. Will be driving at 100mph and hit some bump on a straight road and the wheel jerks to the side and I gotta get it under control or will spin out. It's pretty intense.

Bebpo

« Reply #2509 on: March 13, 2022, 04:59:44 AM »

Spent all day putting together my somewhere between 70-80lbs wheelstand and direct drive wheel setup. Other than every muscle in my body being sore af, came out pretty well. Shit is too heavy to lift but I can jimmy it to the wall and it doesn't take up much space. Takes about 3-5 mins to setup and about the same to put away which isn't bad and won't keep me from using it when I want to play GT.

Also it works on PC and I have like every PC racer and they all also support VR and I have the Valve Index so with probably some minimal tinkering I can get a VR cockpit thing going in Dirt Rally 1/2, Assetto Corsa, rFactor2, etc... will save that for another weekend.

Played some more GT7. Good stuff, whenever I lose a race it's usually because the AI taps my back at some point when I'm ahead and I completely lose control of the car and spin out. Had it happen a lot and notice it even more with wheel because I'll be driving on a straight and then suddenly feel this tap and the car starts to swerve. AI copying humans and hitting you to get a ahead.

Bebpo

« Reply #2510 on: March 15, 2022, 01:22:22 AM »
You know, I wish there was an option in GT to change which side the steering wheel is on. I drive a lot of Japanese cars in GT and as a USA person I'd like it if the wheel was on the left side visually. I mean when you drive these same Japanese cars in the USA the wheel is on the left. It's just weird to keep switching sides depending on the car you're in. I feel like Forza doesn't do this?

In real life racing, when American drivers drive Japanese cars are the wheels on the left or right?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2511 on: March 15, 2022, 03:23:40 AM »
You know, I wish there was an option in GT to change which side the steering wheel is on. I drive a lot of Japanese cars in GT and as a USA person I'd like it if the wheel was on the left side visually. I mean when you drive these same Japanese cars in the USA the wheel is on the left. It's just weird to keep switching sides depending on the car you're in. I feel like Forza doesn't do this?

In real life racing, when American drivers drive Japanese cars are the wheels on the left or right?

I feel like I should know this, but I do not. My Japanese professional race car driver friend drives with the wheel on the right, in Japan and abroad, in Japanese cars. The only Ford he drove was a UK only model, also right-side drive. Not sure what dictates it other than car type.

Bebpo

« Reply #2512 on: March 17, 2022, 02:19:46 AM »
The AI in GT7 is like the worst AI I've ever seen in a driving game. I can't think of any other driving game where the cpu drives into you like you aren't there.

It's pretty infuriating when you're doing some tough mission and you're not allowed to touch another car, the wall, or go off-road and you make a great tight turn and the AI car hits you and you fail for hitting another car :(

Had that happen tonight, also was doing a muscle car speedway race and this fucking blue mustang starts in like 7th or 8th place and ends up in 1st or 2nd sometimes and the AI just runs you the fuck over. Had at least two attempts on turns where it straight out hits me in the rear as I'm turning and spins me out on lap 3 of 3 losing the race.

Hopefully this Sophy AI thing that's supposed to launch later is a hell of a lot better. Or at least make the AI avoid you.

Nuitangg

« Reply #2513 on: March 18, 2022, 01:12:35 PM »
People seem unhappy with gt7.  Bought the 25th anniversary edition like an idiot and still haven't opened it.  Maybe this weekend.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2514 on: March 18, 2022, 01:27:17 PM »
Its a really good game ruined by greedy nonsense and a baffling need to be always online basically.
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2515 on: March 18, 2022, 05:48:38 PM »
People seem unhappy with gt7.  Bought the 25th anniversary edition like an idiot and still haven't opened it.  Maybe this weekend.

Between the game and the wheel/pedals and wheelstand I spent like $1,300 on it  :(

At least I can use the wheel/wheelstand on Forza on my PC :lol Plus PC sim stuff.

That being said the actual driving in GT7 is great, no load times is game changer, there's a solid amount of tracks and you get like 100 cars in the campaign for free. Graphics are clean and serviceable even if nothing special outside some nice time of day and very rare weather (rain is only on 5 tracks out of the 34). Campaign is fun but short and stops before the high end races (most likely because they'll add more to the campaign as the years go along since they're seeing it as a long term platform). Photo landscapes mode is still really cool to take photos of cars. The license plates look ugly as sin and I don't know why people don't complain about this. Always got to hide the license plates for photos.

I'm weird in that in racing sim games I don't really care about the 50% of the car lineup that are 200mph track race cars. I just want to drive around and race cars that I could actually afford, or afford one day and I'm curious about how they drive irl like a classic Dodge Viper or a Porsche 911 or a Mazda Miata. And I get enough credits in the game that these 100,000 or under cars are pretty affordable. I bought the Tesla Model S, The Subaru Impreza WRX STI, the Honda S2000 already no problem, no grind. I always start off with cars I've actually driven or owned (my rl car ownership was a borrowed Honda Accord -> Impreza RS2.5 -> S2000 -> Model 3), so I'm mostly satisfied with it so far.

The AI kind of sucks though. But then again I think the AI sucks in Forza and Horizon too. You either have a faster car and pass everything or you can't keep up. GT games are basically rpgs where if you die on a boss you just grind some levels (parts) and then you win easily. The only thing that sticks out and why I say the AI sucks here is that they tend to be overaggressive and hit you which with the new physics tends to spin you out and cost the race. Combined with GT series having no rewind button, AI that fucks you over 3 laps in is...bad.

Also I hear the dirt racing is terrible. I've only done one dirt mission and it was pretty bad. But dirt racing is like 1% of the game content.

Oh and the online is kind of a mess. You can enter lobbies and race people whatever which you can make balanced and fun. But there's like 3 daily online races in different tiers and to be competitive you have to have a top-class in the allowed range and then spend a ton fully modding it. The races are usually like slow cheap cars, mid-range cars, race cars, so mostly people are complaining that the latter requires crazy money to buy the best race cars and mod them and the game is extremely stingy on credits. Also online pays jack shit credit-wise so it's more a satisfaction thing than a reasonable way to get credits.

There's also the always online thing which is obviously stupid and bad but I've made my piece with games heading that direction in the industry and it doesn't bother me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 05:52:47 PM by Bebpo »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2516 on: March 18, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »
The dirt racing is shit tbf, the cars bounce around like the track is a bouncy castle, and theres like 3 dirt tracks anyway so its a waste of time.

Its a good thing they're kinda easy compared to some of the other later races in the campaign, where first on the grid has a 30 second plus head start in the same class of car and you can't use upgrade your horsepower or get a faster whip to make up the gap :oreilly
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #2517 on: March 18, 2022, 06:04:21 PM »
I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to do the dirt track in the first magic mountain series of missions. Best I could get is pass one guy and get bronze. This is without braking at all and running pretty ok line/turns? The Jeep is just slow as fuck, I don't know how you're supposed to catch up.

Also when I did that mission set it reminded me how stressful GT missions are if you're going for all golds. Had to give up and just be ok with bronze on that set. Had like 2/3rds golds but a couple were driving me nuts. The last one with the beetle car there's one turn at the end that I cannot do without spinning out or slowing down and both have all the AIs just pass me either way.

Bebpo

« Reply #2518 on: March 20, 2022, 02:05:27 AM »
As much as some of the GT7 stuff is very bad (MTX, economy, always-online, AI, dirt), it still does a lot right. Spent a session this morning just reading through some of the museum on car history and reading up on some car profiles and checking out brands and their photoscapes and brand history and doing a few photo shoots in Italy.

There's so much effort and detail in the learning about an enjoying car history and cars, and learning how to drive well with the circuit experiences, the license tests, the missions, etc...

Even the campaign isn't a pushover. In Forza you have rewinds and can adjust the difficulty level but in GT it's just a ramp up that gets tougher and tougher and you gotta learn to drive the tracks well and sometimes you gotta go 5-10 mins straight through multiple laps without making a single fuck up which is tense. I've had way too many times where I took the lead in the final lap and then in one of the last few turns I pushed too hard, spun out, and lost the whole race. It can be kind of stressful because of the concentration and effort it requires but it's also satisfying learning how to take all the turns with the car you're using while pushing your limits.

Definitely a lot good about the game. Hopefully in time they adjust and fix the bad stuff and add more endgame to it to make it a better package overall.

Bebpo

« Reply #2519 on: March 21, 2022, 03:36:55 AM »
Yeah, now that I'm done with Horizon and spending more time with GT7, it's a pretty nice game. The endgame grind is what it is, but I swear I'm gonna get a good quality 30-50 hours of it before I get to that point. Just really enjoying doing the tracks over and over until I get them down and get 1st place. With assists off and using a wheel you really gotta learn these tracks. The vertical shift changes in this game with the new physics are really intense can spin you out until you get them down with RW cars.

Was doing Willow Springs for like 30-45 mins straight with a Corvette Stingray and there's this section right after that downhill S and before the long turn where it goes uphill a bit and curves right. It's a mild curve but I learned if you're going fast and don't want to break you've gotta hit the apex of that rise with your wheels at a right turn angle or the physics of coming down from that hill will spin you out.

Also messing around with the online a bit and learning the tracks with these specific cars for the online races. Got some good lap times down with the Clio and Miata on Tsukubasa.