Author Topic: The coming console war  (Read 33107 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The coming console war
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2021, 07:16:25 AM »
The OG Xbox One was one of the most dissapointing consoles for me and it followed right after the Wii U (which I actually enjoyed more at the time  :doge ).

All the TV features were undercooked/unavailable. I remember buying the Xbox One with Destiny and the only 2 games that excited me during that time were Quantum Break and Forza Horizon 2.
The hardware also completely sucked apart from the controller, especially the very slow UI. New entries in their long running series like Gears of War were very uninspired and more interesting IP's like Ninja Gaiden had dissapeared.
Xbox was a complete loss between 2012 and 2017 if you also owned a PC and PS4 was better in nearly every way.

Xbox One X is one of my favorite consoles though it fixed everything that sucked about the original console and is a great and at the time fairly cheap 4k blu-ray player.

Talking about the console wars, sounds like Kojima is going to sign with Microsoft for his next game.

lmao, there have been rumours about ms acquiring kojima studios for ages and they're as yet unfounded. are you just going off this dumb tweet?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1364259070094446595

:heh :neogaf

What about the Switch on the top shelf?   :o
 :tinfoil

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Microsoft has Minecraft on Switch and Death Stranding came out for a Microsoft Platform- PC.  Or maybe Phil just likes all this shit? 
 :whatsthedeal
[close]
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2021, 07:30:30 AM »
The OG Xbox One was one of the most dissapointing consoles for me and it followed right after the Wii U (which I actually enjoyed more at the time  :doge ).

All the TV features were undercooked/unavailable. I remember buying the Xbox One with Destiny and the only 2 games that excited me during that time were Quantum Break and Forza Horizon 2.
The hardware also completely sucked apart from the controller, especially the very slow UI. New entries in their long running series like Gears of War were very uninspired and more interesting IP's like Ninja Gaiden had dissapeared.
Xbox was a complete loss between 2012 and 2017 if you also owned a PC and PS4 was better in nearly every way.

Xbox One X is one of my favorite consoles though it fixed everything that sucked about the original console and is a great and at the time fairly cheap 4k blu-ray player.

Talking about the console wars, sounds like Kojima is going to sign with Microsoft for his next game.

lmao, there have been rumours about ms acquiring kojima studios for ages and they're as yet unfounded. are you just going off this dumb tweet?

What about the Switch on the top shelf?   :o
 :tinfoil

Microsoft has Minecraft on Switch and Death Stranding came out for a Microsoft Platform- PC.  Or maybe Phil just likes all this shit? 
 :whatsthedeal
[close]
And that skull behind his head!!?!
[close]

Himu

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2021, 10:38:18 AM »
Honestly I forgot the price points. It's been too long.
IYKYK

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
I'd totally forgotten about kinect being a big part of the boner at launch :heh

by the time i got one on the cheap a year or so after release it wasn't part of the package :trumps
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2021, 11:43:13 AM »

by the time i got one on the cheap a year or so after release it wasn't part of the package :trumps

Allegedly they couldn't release the Xbone without the Kinect because it was so integral to the Xbone Xperience, which involved a lot of movie and tv watching. :lol
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2021, 11:49:48 AM »
the whole tv integration thing was fucking stupid and probably cost them as much as anything early on in the rest of the world imo, it was clear that it was completely irrelevant to anyone living outside the US :usacry

and even then it was at a time when the kind of people they were targeting in america were starting to cut cable anyway so it was a waste of time :neogaf
[close]
(ice)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »
Kinect was dog shit since 2010. Chasing Wii money was a short term strategy that worked financially for a couple of years, but it was terrible and was always gonna be terrible.

Microsoft getting a reputation for killing studios or mismanaging everything was because of Kinect and Don Mattock/other leadership at that time.

"You know how your team would make traditional console games? We want you to take a look at Wii Sports Resort and Wii bowling, and make games like that."

"How are we supposed to make Fable into Wii Sports?"

"Copy that boxing and Tennis portion, casual audiences love that shit."
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »

No, the source is Jeff Grubb

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1379947495338377217
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:08 AM »

Allegedly they couldn't release the Xbone without the Kinect because it was so integral to the Xbone Xperience, which involved a lot of movie and tv watching. :lol
"How many times have you been watching an episode of South Park and thought, I'd like to be able to watch this on my television while hooked into my mobile device, which is being controlled by my tablet device which is hooked into my oven, all while sitting in the refrigerator?" - Trey Parker, E3 2012.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2021, 04:49:31 AM »
Xbox Smartglass

What does it do?

It enhances the experience

How?

By using Xbox Smartglass
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2021, 05:27:40 AM »
i forgot about that second screen experience horse shit that died off after a year or so too :lol
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2021, 05:52:23 AM »

I think it was an attempt to have smart TV features on non-smart TV's and copy what Nintendo was doing with 2-screen gameplay.
Also there was the fear that mobile (gaming) would take over everything so they had to tie into that some way.

Yet what Microsoft never seemed to understand is that on Wii U you had to use your Pro Controller or your GamePad, not both at the same time. :doge
Plus you're not going to read shit on your iPad while you're watching a movie or TV show.
They also apparently didn't realize the idea was the exact opposite of their 'all in one' entertainment solution.

This is why you should never believe all those elaborate rumors about why game publishers are doing things.
The Smartglass/Wii U era was the result of executives believing Pachter and all who claimed mobile gaming would make consoles redundant and there was only room for Wii-like casual games.
Singleplayer games were dead. And 6 years after Witcher 3 and a bunch of games showed otherwise EA now has to rush a Mass Effect remaster to market to stay relevant.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:06:01 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2021, 07:49:49 AM »
IYKYK

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2021, 08:05:27 AM »
We're remaking 7 year old games now? :info
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2021, 09:01:26 AM »
We're remaking 7 year old games now? :info
This is what happens when you put the guy who produced Killzone in charge of your first party studios.

I think that it will be highly succesful though. That's usually what happens when Hermen fucks people over.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2021, 09:26:30 AM »
its even above hollywood levels of creatively bankrupt that they're remaking the last of us already :doge

i know they remade dark souls and that was fine, but this feels different somehow :trumps
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
Even though I'm on a Serny high horse of late, I hope TLOUR gets cancelled or "misses expectations".  It's pretty much all narrative and 2% gameplay..  What's there to play through once you know that part of the story? ???
Souls remakes on the other hand?  Those are 100% replayable.  They can remake those to the end of time and people will play them.  Of all the Sony 1st party studios, ND is by far the most overrated... Especially Neil. 

Tasty

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2021, 11:12:54 AM »
Fuck Sony.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1380476925811032065

No way will having all your exclusives be the same genre (dad simulators) backfire.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
A Last of US remake sounds pretty lame and unesccary.

But all this doom and gloom over Playstation is getting annoying.

Himu

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2021, 11:43:29 AM »
Fuck Sony.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1380476925811032065

No way will having all your exclusives be the same genre (dad simulators) backfire.

The way people on Twitter are defending it because "safe makes the most sense" is :sabu
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2021, 11:46:50 AM »
Decided to wait on next gen and just get ps4 pro instead.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2021, 11:58:35 AM »

Some PlayStation fan you are.

https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1380482854291922948
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2021, 12:02:24 PM »
GTA 6 won’t be coming to Switch (or Switch Pro) so it loses the console wars by default.

GTA 6 ain't ever coming out breh :dead

GTA 5 on Switch Pro though... and victory is complete :obama

Sure it is, launches next year.in may trust.me bro

:hitler

Tasty

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2021, 12:08:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1380482854291922948
I don’t care.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2021, 12:21:50 PM »
if you take the long view it could lead to a talent drain in a few years, if a studio pitches something new and sony bosses are all like "oh you silly little bastards, you will make the last of us two remake and that's that :trumps"
(ice)

mormapope

« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2021, 12:22:15 PM »

Welcome to Xbox circa 2013-2021, or Nintendo 2012-2017. Or better yet, Xbox 2001-2005 and Nintendo 2001-2006.
OH!

Svejk

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »
Clap Handz Golf looks like Mobile trash now anyway.  :doge

The real finger pointing should be at MS... Just like those tweets point out, do people not see the global issue of them just buying up shit in true Bill Gates fashion? (Fuck that eugenics piece of shit anyways) I find that WAY more concerning than certain developers leave a studio to go elsewhere or to start their own.  Guy who started Team Ico through Sony... still making similar games and still will plop them on Sony systems for now.  Kojima left Metal Gear (Konami), but who cares?  They have freedom to leave and go where they seem fit (or where the skrilla's at).  Gravity Rush dev... I bet he'll start his own thing and most likely still make a game to put on a PS5.  Why?  Because the user base is insane.. Just like Switch. 

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
Microsoft can buy up everything for all i care as long as they continue to let me play it all for a single £11.99 monthly payment :trumps
(ice)

Himu

IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2021, 01:29:27 PM »
Don't worry Soyny fans, Microsoft will overhaul their strategy within the next 3 years and shutter half the studios they already bought to focus on...
I dunno, maybe Microsoft Teams Gaming or some shit.  :lol

Meanwhile Nintendo releases Super NintendoLand and Kirby Air Ride: DX and sells 60 million copies :trumps

Everyone seems to neglect the gut punch that is about to be delivered.
Epic Games will delay Unreal Engine 5.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2021, 01:36:18 PM »
Speaking of gut punch, supposedly GoW dev is claiming that Sony is set to deliver a "counter punch" to Game Pass. :thinking  Are they gonna merge PS+ and PS Now into one thing or something?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2021, 01:56:36 PM »
Meanwhile Nintendo releases Super NintendoLand and Kirby Air Ride: DX and sells 60 million copies
With both being available   for a limited time for some reason.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2021, 02:22:51 PM »
Meanwhile Nintendo releases Super NintendoLand and Kirby Air Ride: DX and sells 60 million copies
With both being available   for a limited time for some reason.
For a limited time, with the physical version of the second one only in Japan and half the content of the first one locked behind Amiibo :trumps
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
sony wants playstation to be the HBO of gaming, but has a strange lack of confidence in the idiosyncracies of the medium. even the new housemarque arcade shooter is only allowed to exist on the condition that they wrap it in po-faced cinematic wankery.

they keep having hits though. i thought the new god of war was almost a parody of what would happen if modern sony did a modern sony on a god of war game, but people lapped it up.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2021, 03:09:24 PM »
I think from the moment Phil has taken charge of Xbox, things have been heading in the right direction.

It's taking them some time to steer the ship straight again, but Xbox is coming back I believe. Sony is fucking up in a lot of directions.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »
Xbox has been 'coming back' since 2009(?)

I don't think Xbox will ever 'come back'. Every generation they start a bunch of projects, release a couple CG trailers and buy/create new studios.
And every time only 1 or 2 of those things survives the corporate meatgrinder and is actually published or not mediocre.

Now just by the sheer quantity of studios and acquisitions they will have more content(TM) than they used to but I'm just not seeing the likes of Double Fine, Arkane and MOON Studios making it through the generation when they have things like Gears of War, Fallout and DOOM. Perfect/Velvet Dark Core/2 has been on and off in development for close to 20(?) years by now and after 5 studios have tried they've finally released the first CG trailer of a game that once was a spin-off set in the Perfect Dark universe.

The infinite money won't stay. At some point Microsoft will hit a snag or recession and has to cut again like they did around 2009, it's a just a matter of time and then all the promises will fade away.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »

twitter.com/JonComms/status/1380482854291922948

I don’t care.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2021, 01:03:39 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/mmrz7p/i_am_a_former_sony_employee_ama/

Quote from: Formersonydude
Killing the Vita has been in the cards since 2016 or 2017. I'd wager that both the store shutdown and nixing the sales ability are steps to get people off the platform, just as the cessation of manufacturing carts/consoles.

Sony views the Vita as a failure. It missed pretty much every sales target they had and for a for-profit business that's about as bad as it gets. They were content with it as a small stream of passive income, but when the firmware was broken they were nailing the coffin.

It had some strong proponents internally, especially on the JP side, but that just served as a "told you so" in the culture wars Sony's been not-so-quietly having for the past decade.

Quote from: Gl0wsquid
Is it possible for you to elaborate on said culture wars?

Quote from: formersonydude
There's a lot to it, some I'm going to simplify it at the cost of some nuance.

Playstation is a historically Japanese brand. In the time since Playstation debuted, America has grown to be the largest video game market. There's been a lot of internal competition for the "control" of the Playstation brand and over the past several years you can clearly see where America has been winning. Relocation of HQ, shutdown of most of Japan Studios, and the DualSense's X default confirm (as a final "fuck you") are some of the notable examples off the top of my head.

Most of this took place far above my level - think officers and the like.

So Sony today is kind of like Sega was in the early 90s with the Genesis?
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2021, 03:06:16 AM »
I don't share a lot of the opinions that some of the boreans have towards the PLaystation brand. While the PS2 is for sure the most impactful system to me, it was because of third-party support. Things like FFX, DMC, Onimusha, Tekken, and so on. Those are the games that made the system. Strong high-quality Japanese games and the occasional western game. I think God of War and Shadow were the main Sony internal games I enjoyed. It wasn't until PS3 that I felt the first party became strong, because well it had to as 3rd party exclusives were going away. To me, that was one of the agreed narratives of the PS3/360 gen. That said it's pretty undeniable that Sony first party had a lot more variety back then, at least on the PS2. I mean Wild Arms 5 is one of the most underrated JRPGS of that gen.

So I don't bemoan the focus on AAA cinematic games because I've liked most of them. I don't think any of them are the best games ever, but I feel there's a bit unfair shade thrown at them here. They aren't just all sad dad stuff. I also understand that the reality of modern HD development means less games in general.

I do think a narrow focus on these games is wrong. To me Playstation has been the home of variety and cool. Games with an edge and sometimes out-there weirdness. Something they seem to be lacking and will continue to if they focus on being the HBO of games. I'm not sure why you don't refocus Japan Studio on smaller scale Japanese games with more appeal. Not every game would have to be a graphic juggernaut like TLOU2. Lean into strong art direction and stylistic choices that Japanese games employ and crank of a jrpg or two, an action game in between the blockbusters. Sorry, maybe Tokyo Jungle wasn't for everyone, but a decent looking Wild Arms made with a modest budget would maybe do well in an era were JRPGS can sell 2million.

And quite honestly gaming trends can change, especially with a new generation. Who knows if super mature HBO game dramas are going to be in vogue.

I don't know what is going on with Playsation. Obviously, they are a company and profit is what matters most, but they are also platform holders and that sometimes should mean making games that won't sell millions, but will keep your audience diversified. I mean Sony kept TLOU alive not for profit, but for the kudos of releasing an artsy game.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2021, 06:03:28 AM »
So Sony today is kind of like Sega was in the early 90s with the Genesis?

seems to me that what people have enjoyed about sony in generations past has actually been the product of a internal culture war between west and east. it's a war the west has been winning and moving the HQ to california and appointing someone with such seeming disinterest in japanese titles feels like the coup d'etat. there are likely many in the upper echelons of sony's management who have been fighting this cultural tug-of-war for decades now and are unlikely to shed a tear for their neutered japanese opposition as they assert their vision for the future through developer pogroms.

internal corporate politics can rage with a fire that makes even the most autistic console war pissfight look amicable.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 06:08:03 AM by headwalk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2021, 06:24:40 AM »
 :sicko Do create your own studio and piss away $300 million so I can stomp on it in the next board meeting
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »
I think from the moment Phil has taken charge of Xbox, things have been heading in the right direction.

It's taking them some time to steer the ship straight again, but Xbox is coming back I believe. Sony is fucking up in a lot of directions.
Phil has been head of Xbox for 7 years.  He was lead of Xbox Game Studios for many years before that. He's been with the company since the 80s.

For comparison, Peter Moore was only with MS for 3 and a half.

I'm not arguing Xbox isn't in a much better place than it was in 2014 (it is), but this like "up and coming" Phil needs time to fix all of Mattrick's fuck ups narritive...like, how long does it take? Modern Xbox is Spencer's baby, both the good and bad.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2021, 01:03:03 PM »
I think they still had issues with development during the Xbox One times. They started on some projects that didn't make the cut and had to restart development with a few studios. Also the failing Xbox One sales might have been enough to make them say fuck it, push on for Series X.

What

Tasty

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
Scalebound :'(

mormapope

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »
I think they still had issues with development during the Xbox One times. They started on some projects that didn't make the cut and had to restart development with a few studios. Also the failing Xbox One sales might have been enough to make them say fuck it, push on for Series X.

It was also the huge shift or pivot from Kinect and TV stuff(lol) to what Microsoft was great at in the past regarding consoles. Online infrastructure, services, software stuff on the backend in general.

Xbox Live Gold or paying for online is bullshit, but the OG Xbox and 360 especially were strong regarding online features in general. Game Pass as a service is a logical step forward. Unifying a platform as a whole is a step forward.

A lot of people not in the spotlight like Spencer deserve credit, just as the people that pushed hard for Kinect and bullshit deserve criticism.

Phil has been head of Xbox for 7 years.  He was lead of Xbox Game Studios for many years before that. He's been with the company since the 80s.

For comparison, Peter Moore was only with MS for 3 and a half.

I'm not arguing Xbox isn't in a much better place than it was in 2014 (it is), but this like "up and coming" Phil needs time to fix all of Mattrick's fuck ups narritive...like, how long does it take? Modern Xbox is Spencer's baby, both the good and bad.

Keep in mind for the 360 generation, that leadership as a whole was okay selling a console that would experience critical hardware failure at a consistent and terrible rate. There was no way the RROD came as a surprise.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:19:36 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2021, 02:52:12 PM »
For me the big risk with Xbox is that since Moore left it has always been a 'vessel' to promote something else.
Either Kinect, TV, Mixer, Smartglass, UWP or whatever.

Currently the big thing is cloud gaming, starting with GamePass and moving onto Streaming. Trying to become the Netflix of gaming.
They deserve credit for subsidizing the market like this (just like Epic has sunk half a billion into EGS) But if that doesn't pan out, then what?

Take Minecraft. It was this massive thing, then Microsoft came in and it is starting to slide. Roblox is the bigger game now because it has a big social aspect that Minecraft lacks.

Also they've not been able to build a team around Spencer. The leadership and creative minds of most of the studios they acquired over the years left the company. Will the people who headed up the revival of DOOM stay at Bethesda?
They're at a point that they need to bring in Joe Staten to help fix Halo: Infinite. After a diverse(TM) and inclusive(R) team has taken a crack at it and couldn't deliver after wasting $200 million and 5+ years of development.
It is not that Microsoft didn't try, In the past they tried to set-up teams around the likes of Ken Tsunoda, Rod Fergusson ​and even Peter Molyneux. They admitted that those efforts didn't work out and thus they would expand instead.
I'm seeing them buying studios left and right but I'm not seeing anyone at the company who can keep that ship in a straight line and keep folks like Tim Schafer and Todd Howard either happy or in line.
So either it turns out like Embracer, when the studios are 'owned' by Microsoft on paper but run indepedently and mostly do their own thing or it ends up in rivalry and infighting on who gets to be in control.

I feel that this is an aspect that the people who thought they owned Donkey Kong when they bought Rare have overlooked and why some studios are reluctant to sell to Microsoft.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »
Minecraft is still pretty popular, but games evolve and Roblox is just the new hot thing.

Also 343i is pretty incompetent yes

I think they are pretty intent on not messing with studio culture, or putting people in place of studios instead of the people who worked at them for years.

I dont think Tim Schafer would take kindly to being told what to do
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2021, 05:06:19 PM »
hold on, do microsoft own double fine? :hhh
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »
Keep in mind for the 360 generation, that leadership as a whole was okay selling a console that would experience critical hardware failure at a consistent and terrible rate. There was no way the RROD came as a surprise.
Moore talked about it a bit in some roundtable years ago.

nevermind, got it.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2021, 07:22:52 PM »
Moore talked about it a bit in some roundtable years ago.

nevermind, got it.

It is always great to see what a charismatic presence and great story teller Peter Moore is.
He just takes over the entire thing. It could be absolute bullshit but he can convince you of anything.

In comparison the other 3 at the table are just autisty's. Completely out of their league.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 07:31:48 PM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2021, 05:28:19 AM »
hold on, do microsoft own double fine? :hhh

Yeah dude for a few years already!
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2021, 05:56:04 AM »
have they even has a game anyone outside their friends in the gaming press like in the last 15 years :doge :hmm
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2021, 06:14:02 AM »
They're working on Psychonauts 2.

Supposed to ship this year  ???
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2021, 07:46:46 AM »
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2021, 08:24:31 AM »
their shid always seemed mad wack to me and it seemed like they got coverage more because of their friendship with journos than actually making good games :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2021, 10:15:22 AM »
Tim Schafer did some cult classics for Lucas Arts like Monkey Island and Full Throttle. And although he's made some 6's and 7's he never shit the bed the likes of Warren Spector have nor did he show hubris like Cliffy B. His games are still pretty good and he's a likeable dude.
🤴