Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825741 times)

BikeJesus

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #37920 on: January 22, 2023, 07:19:07 PM »
So b chud told them not to discuss the game in the JKR megathread as well? I'm guessing this will be walked back. These mentally ill people will not allow the rules to be applied equally. They NEED to talk about the game.

Also interesting that it seems like users aren't even allowed to talk about the game in other threads. For example, in the PC monthly thread, users won't even be able to discuss it?

This is going to be a complete shitshow.

Top of the page potter smut
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #37921 on: January 22, 2023, 07:24:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/page-4#post-100076842
Goes on a killing spree and attempts a second because he didn't get invited to a dance studio event? What the fuck?
It looks like the Wife got invited to the dance. So the husband is mad that the wife is going to this new year dance party and the husband can't go.
I'll be mad too if I was in that situation...

Link to the husband and wife jealousy video interview: https://abc7.com/monterey-park-mass-shooting-california-lunar-new-year-event-dead/12725372/
They edited the best after people got sus

TacoWallace

« Reply #37922 on: January 22, 2023, 07:28:41 PM »
B-Dubs’ Legacy (of cowardice)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concerning-hogwarts-legacy-and-jk-rowling.678517/
After continued internal discussion, we began to start outlining the issues put forth by Rowling and the game in question and each time, and as we discussed it all, we kept coming back to the simple fact that Rowling is not only a bigot but is actively pushing, in her position as a wealthy and famous individual, for legislation that will hurt trans people. That she uses the influence and money gained from her success with Harry Potter to push transphobic legislation.
Who the fuck wrote this garbage? I don't mean the content about Joanne, I mean the actual fucking sentences.

Slayven+ChatGPT

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37923 on: January 22, 2023, 07:29:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-27#post-100082041

Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 100080505, member: 143
So leave it at this. Ok? We don't want any "let us have x negative thread" stuff. We aren't doing any threads at all. And that goes for discussing it in here as well.

Quote from: Platy, post: 100081783, member: 1376
This will get a little "walking on eggshells" when she invevitably starts tweeting about how the sales of the game means everyone is transphobic like her

Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 100082041, member: 143
Did I stutter?

No threads at all, positive or negative.

Very normal and stable individual.
Margs

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37924 on: January 22, 2023, 07:32:18 PM »
This will get a little "walking on eggshells" when she invevitably starts tweeting about how the sales of the game means everyone is transphobic like her

Huh. Imagine that.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37925 on: January 22, 2023, 07:32:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-28#post-100083028
Time to cancel SW
Ugh why is Mark Hamill liking this ghoul’s tweets?

So I'm confused, why ban HL but not the unhealthy stalking that TERF bitch Joanne thread?  They're literally giving her a platform.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37926 on: January 22, 2023, 07:33:50 PM »
yeah that uh will totally happen in your mind
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37927 on: January 22, 2023, 07:34:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-27#post-100082041

Wait, why would a tweet like that even upset them? It's literally what they have been arguing in that thread for pages and pages

« Reply #37928 on: January 22, 2023, 07:35:30 PM »
how could the owner of resetera of all places be such a insecure cunt

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37929 on: January 22, 2023, 07:35:40 PM »
yeah that uh will totally happen in your mind

They'll have to... are you ready?... this is ground breaking....

ignore her

Averon

« Reply #37930 on: January 22, 2023, 07:37:20 PM »
They already say that anyone who plays HL is transphobic, or at best don't care about trans people, so why shouldn't TERF Bitch Joanne think that? That's the standard you all set :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37931 on: January 22, 2023, 07:44:24 PM »
Huhhhh, Hamill's already been under fire liking Rowling's transphobic tweets which at that point he responded well and apologized. But this one is now blatantly worse.
I just checked, and he still follows Rowling on twitter.

So yeah, this looks really bad for Hamill.

BAN STAR WARS!

(also how is Rowling's response even bad?)

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #37932 on: January 22, 2023, 07:47:50 PM »
B-dubz made the right call, let an OT go up and there's 2 possible outcomes
Trans-folk leave in droves or dossiers of names gets made were everyone gets the side eye
Its really a lose/lose situation. Great forum bruv

paprikastaude

« Reply #37933 on: January 22, 2023, 07:57:20 PM »
My suggestion for sales threads: replace all mentions of Hogwart's Legacy with Forspoken

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37934 on: January 22, 2023, 07:59:28 PM »
Quote from: B-Dumbs
So again, let's let it end here.

We won't be dealing with any "ban x game" or "let us have x negative thread on this game" posts.

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you so stupid that you think you can hand them this and then expect its the end of it? This is the beginning Dubs, better strap your ass in cause you ain't getting this genie back in the bottle.

:gurl

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37935 on: January 22, 2023, 08:01:23 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me? Are you so stupid that you think you can hand them this and then expect its the end of it? This is the beginning Dubs, better strap your ass in cause you ain't getting this genie back in the bottle.
Beginning? He said the same thing after Cyberpunk, no more asking for bans because they weren't banning any more things.

This isn't reversing that btw, this is just a one time special exception because of just how violent Joanne has been.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37936 on: January 22, 2023, 08:01:28 PM »
Paging Morrigan.

It's not like right wingers have much choice in music.

What do they have? Ted Nugent? Kid Rock?

Most black metal and neofolk.

She is not going to like that

https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-pink-floyd-%E2%80%9Cfans%E2%80%9D-triggered-by-%E2%80%9Cwoke%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D-rainbow-logo.678484/page-3

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37937 on: January 22, 2023, 08:03:52 PM »
Beginning? He said the same thing after Cyberpunk, no more asking for bans because they weren't banning any more things.
True true. I mean, this is who he is appeasing:

I currently only going outside when I have to. I have a job interview coming up in person and even though they know I'm trans going into the interview I'm still really scared to be seen outside of my coworkers. There's no lowering my guard for me

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37938 on: January 22, 2023, 08:10:11 PM »
In other news:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-twow-crosses-2b-james-cameron-now-has-3-of-the-6-movies-to-gross-2b-under-his-belt.678406/

Quote from: thecowboypoet
As an indigenous person, this is not surprising but still incredibly disheartening.

Polident Hive

« Reply #37939 on: January 22, 2023, 08:12:52 PM »
Has she ever talked about the game? When there’s an uptick in noise around it, sometimes I check her Twitter and she’s usually posting about less important topics like women protesting in Iran.

Let me check rn

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1616769124662906881

Nope. Still not about the game.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37940 on: January 22, 2023, 08:13:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-twow-crosses-2b-james-cameron-now-has-3-of-the-6-movies-to-gross-2b-under-his-belt.678406/#post-100062964
As an indigenous person, this is not surprising but still incredibly disheartening.
Edited: Damnit Joeboy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/indigenous-critics-say-avatar-the-way-of-water-is-horrible-update-new-james-cameron-interview-see-threadmarks.673156/page-11#post-99646840
Let’s not let pretend that anyone watching Titanic including you or I had any real interest in what happened to those real-life people. It’s a historical event we’re far detached from and we all watched it for pure entertainment. That’s the reason anyone is watching Avatar as well.

And if we’re going to start holding every movie based on any real-life event to these strict ethical standards then we can probably toss out a good 90% of that filmography worldwide, cause they’re almost all garbage from that standpoint. They all care about telling a story far more than they care about fealty to the real-life subjects, and that’s probably true for your favorite thing.
El Dumbastico
Yes, all films "Based on a true story" change shit, sometimes a LOT. But they usually don't change a man who was known IRL to have died a hero and instead make a fucking murderer. Not only was William Murdoch celebrated in real life as hero who gave his life trying to save more passengers, he still had living descendants for whom, obviously, the matter was very personal. The story that an officer on Titanic shot two men and then himself is an old one, and given the chaos and confusion that was obvious happening as the ship was sinking, we still don't know if perhaps something like that happened. But all historians agreed that if something like that happened, it wasn't Murdoch. Cameron could easily have created a new, fictional officer to do that shit. But no, he chose Murdoch, because that's what the tabloid stories all said at the time before being thoroughly discredit. And when pressed to apologize, Cameron only gave a disgusting half-assed "sorry if you were offended type" bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 08:19:32 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Averon

« Reply #37941 on: January 22, 2023, 08:19:29 PM »
Quote from: B-Dumbs
So again, let's let it end here.

We won't be dealing with any "ban x game" or "let us have x negative thread on this game" posts.

:gurl

Yeah, this is just nonsense from B-Dumbs at this point. He capitulated on Cyberpunk. He capitulated even more on HL since at least CP 2077 got an OT. Kyuuji and her crew have every reason to believe B-Dumbs will capitulate again in the future. Kyuuji and her people got that entire community under their thumb.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37942 on: January 22, 2023, 08:22:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/indigenous-critics-say-avatar-the-way-of-water-is-horrible-update-new-james-cameron-interview-see-threadmarks.673156/page-11#post-99749866
I’ll tell you what, one positive thing I can go regarding this whole thing is that hardly anyone I follow talk about this movie at all. It’s mostly been about the new Puss in Boots that I was glad to have watched over this movie.

I’ll be glad my money will go towards Sonic 3 over the 3rd Avatar movie. And yes both release on the same day as of now.

benjipwns

« Reply #37943 on: January 22, 2023, 08:23:14 PM »
Has she ever talked about the game?
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they asked for her not to be involved in the PR cycle for it. It's not like they really need her to do PR and it's not like she did anything specifically for the game. I could see some tweets or retweets or stuff when it comes out though, just kind of "its out" type of things. Or maybe if the reviews are really great or someone gives a good pullquote for her to retweet about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #37944 on: January 22, 2023, 08:25:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/indigenous-critics-say-avatar-the-way-of-water-is-horrible-update-new-james-cameron-interview-see-threadmarks.673156/page-11#post-99646840
El Dumbastico
Cameron could easily have created a new, fictional officer to do that shit. But no, he chose Murdoch, because that's what the tabloid stories all said at the time before being thoroughly discredit. And when pressed to apologize, Cameron only gave a disgusting half-assed "sorry if you were offended type" bullshit.
Holy shit, he seriously did that to some dude nobody has ever heard of. HOW IS THIS FUCKING DUDE NOT IN PRISON! Oh, he's white, I forgot. :rage

benjipwns

« Reply #37945 on: January 22, 2023, 08:28:22 PM »
El Dumbastico
But all historians agreed that if something like that happened, it wasn't Murdoch.
WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT CAMERON IS FOR SMEARING THIS GUY:
Author Tim Maltin writes that, although the evidence is circumstantial, "it does seem that an officer did shoot himself and Murdoch seems the most likely candidate. As Titanic experts Bill Wormstedt and Tad Fitch point out...Murdoch was the man directly in charge of the ship in the hours leading up to the collision with the iceberg and he was therefore responsible for the ship and all its passengers during that time. His career at sea was effectively over, even if he survived the disaster".[24]

edit: lmao:
When Murdoch's nephew Scott saw the film, he objected to his uncle's portrayal as damaging to Murdoch's heroic reputation.[30] A few months later, Fox vice-president Scott Neeson went to Dalbeattie, Scotland, where Murdoch lived, to deliver a personal apology, and also presented a Ł5000 donation to Dalbeattie High School to boost the school's William Murdoch Memorial Prize.[31] Cameron apologized on the DVD commentary, but stated that there were officers who fired gunshots to enforce the "women and children first" policy.[32] According to Cameron, his depiction of Murdoch is that of an "honorable man," not of a man "gone bad" or of a "cowardly murderer." He added, "I'm not sure you'd find that same sense of responsibility and total devotion to duty today. This guy had half of his lifeboats launched before his counterpart on the port side had even launched one. That says something about character and heroism."[33]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 08:41:36 PM by benjipwns »

ShutUp

« Reply #37946 on: January 22, 2023, 08:56:17 PM »
My suggestion for sales threads: replace all mentions of Hogwart's Legacy with Forspoken

The Game That Shall Not Be Named

ShutUp

« Reply #37947 on: January 22, 2023, 09:03:57 PM »
In other news:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-twow-crosses-2b-james-cameron-now-has-3-of-the-6-movies-to-gross-2b-under-his-belt.678406/

Quote from: thecowboypoet

From the same thread

People insist that the gloating is for fun, but you'd think a bunch of people were talking about your family the way people take any pre release doubt this personally. This is not an underdog story. Let it go.

People who spent the last 13 years plus opening weekend of the sequel last month saying it was going to massively underperform are handling Jimbo’s latest waltz into the $2 billion dollar club well.

A club he has 3 of the now 6 movies to ever hit 2 billion :success
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:51:14 PM by ShutUp »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37948 on: January 22, 2023, 09:04:07 PM »
Burrough's version of the captain dressing up as a woman and pushing people off the boat was better. Not sure why Cameron didn't go for that.

ShutUp

« Reply #37949 on: January 22, 2023, 09:08:48 PM »
And Era mods, since you spend each day reading this thread, register and point out to us where Rowling has used her Trans Hate Dollars to push legislation that hurts trans people. You cannot accuse someone of shit that genuinely serious without proof.

benjipwns

« Reply #37950 on: January 22, 2023, 09:15:08 PM »
You cannot accuse someone of shit that genuinely serious without proof.
FACT CHECK: FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK OOOOOFFFOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF

Averon

« Reply #37951 on: January 22, 2023, 09:26:31 PM »
My favorite thing about this Hogwarts Legacy hysteria is watching people like Messeo expand their dossier of "problematic" online people who has the gall to play and stream the game. The upcoming witch hunts of people playing HL will be fun.

TacoWallace

« Reply #37952 on: January 22, 2023, 09:37:35 PM »
You cannot accuse someone of shit that genuinely serious without proof.
FACT CHECK: FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK OOOOOFFFOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF

Cool it with the caps, PlanetSmasher, or I'll tell the lead singer of the Ataris to make an account there

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37953 on: January 22, 2023, 09:38:10 PM »
B-dubz made the right call, let an OT go up and there's 2 possible outcomes
Trans-folk leave in droves or dossiers of names gets made were everyone gets the side eye
Its really a lose/lose situation. Great forum bruv

How is losing the trans community a negative? They've done nothing for that forum except create problems.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37954 on: January 22, 2023, 09:48:42 PM »
Guess who?

Perpetually-mad conservatives rest right at the intersection of stupid and loud, where they're significantly more annoying than they otherwise should be.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-pink-floyd-%E2%80%9Cfans%E2%80%9D-triggered-by-%E2%80%9Cwoke%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D-rainbow-logo.678484/page-3#post-100081063

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neopetenthe
[close]
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37955 on: January 22, 2023, 09:53:38 PM »
It will be a sad day when B Dubs finally kicks them off. Who's going to provide the entertainment when they're gone? Not the BCT. Not the politics wonks. We'll be left with the likes of ComedyFailure and that nutter who fucks tramps. Thin gruel.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37956 on: January 22, 2023, 10:01:56 PM »
It will be a sad day when B Dubs finally kicks them off. Who's going to provide the entertainment when they're gone? Not the BCT. Not the politics wonks. We'll be left with the likes of ComedyFailure and that nutter who fucks tramps. Thin gruel.
I'm confident the BCT lunatics will be emboldened by their return to the top of the oppression Olympics food chain and will no doubt be calling for race wars and accusing anyone who isn't immediately ready to bear arms in support of being a racist genocider.

The people might change, but the path to Reeeeesetera domination remains consistent.
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #37957 on: January 22, 2023, 10:03:54 PM »
Genuinely haven’t seen this sour grapes fanboy shit about Avatar anywhere other than the posts quoted here. That’s level of loserdom not seen since Nintendo fans hyped Wii Music.

Averon

« Reply #37959 on: January 22, 2023, 10:40:27 PM »
They are calling Hogwarts Legacy "The Wizard Game" now?

benjipwns

« Reply #37960 on: January 22, 2023, 10:40:56 PM »
I can't believe you don't know you aren't supposed to say the villains name. Have you even seen the movies? :social

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37961 on: January 22, 2023, 10:48:45 PM »
Trans genocide is really another perfect example that I'd you repeat something long enough it becomes the accepted truth.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to get banned on RE for genocide denial

« Reply #37962 on: January 22, 2023, 10:55:44 PM »
holy shit HOLY SHIT they are calling it the wizard game like how in the books of the thing they are against they dont name voldemort LOL they are literally doing the thing from the book

even joanne couldnt write a story this good

that first tweet too lol 'just give a trans person 60 dollars' what is this reparations now? just give a random trans person 60 bucks doesnt matter if they need it or not, its just the right thing to do
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:59:53 PM by NegativeCrepe »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37963 on: January 23, 2023, 12:24:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/KaraLynne0326/status/1617260531492036609

The lady who was fired from LRG tells her side of the story. Doesn't involve any revelations but just reminded me that this is someone who was actually hurt by the whole Hogwarts situation (for daring to buy the game)

« Reply #37964 on: January 23, 2023, 12:25:22 AM »
Surprisingly, people in constructive taking the metacommentary ban to not ban their metacommentary because it's the good kind:

Quote from: PMA
Great job on the ban. In the announcement it says any meta commentary for or against is not allowed. I realise I’m putting myself at risk even saying this but does this mean we are allowed to comment here? I think with so many NB/lgbtq folk here it seems a bit silly to say we can’t even agree with it!!!
Quote from: BabyDontHurtMe
I don't think that's what the "no metacommentary" rule means. I think it's just don't say something along the lines of "Oh I can't believe we canceled Hogwarts Legacy" in a completely irrelevant thread, or complaining about the general rules about the game in question in random threads.

They did catch one person for metacommentary in the JK thread:
Quote from: MondoMega
What would’ve been great is if staff listened when TransEra suggested a full ban alongside Cyberpunk back in 2020; but late is preferable to never, so I appreciate that the decision was finally made.
Wonder what about that post is different.

In any case, really not buying that the ban will stop people from witch-hunting and shading anyone who's caught playing. Especially Jewish people who don't comply when told they should be offended:
Quote from: Stat
Had an "argument" with a friend of mine who pre-ordered the game.  His view was "Whataboutism" and that I spend money on people who probably have terrible views. I'm not saying Im not a hypocrite either and I'm not perfect, but I dunno, this seems pretty cut and dry.

Just fucking depressing man. People are like "Well my entertainment is worth a lot more" .

On top of that, he's Jewish and when I explained the coded Goblin part, he was like "Oh I mean it could be any goblin thing, its a children's book that got super popular" and "well, I like Harry Potter so ..."

And hey, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a game I would have loved as a child (and open world RPGs are my thing), Maybe I could suggest donating to a Trans charity the cost of a game? But its like "Just don't buy it, there are a ton of games".

So yeah, makes me sad is all. Curious to hear other thoughts. Apologies if this is not allowed and I can delete
Quote from: Kinvara
I appreciate the effort but it sounds like he's dead-set on buying it. I'm not going to say no to a donation to a Trans charity. They deserve the money.

The goblins are a oppressed minority and despite controlling the wizarding world's banking system they are still banned from obtaining wands. I always hated how the other magical races were treated in the books. I wanted Harry to fight the system and change it for the better but he never did. It sucked then and it sucks now. The whole story behind the game is super gross to me (unless they pull some kind of twist where the goblins are actually being framed by the dark wizard) but I'm not holding my breath. I don't get why people still cling to this series when even as a child I could pick up on the racism of it.
Quote from: Stat
He already pre-ordered it. Which I think is hilarious in that like you're pre-ordering a game from a studio who's last game was Cars 3. Like whats even the point of pre-ordering a digital copy at that.

I think as a child, you're just naive/innocent when you're 8/9 and literally aren't smart enough to make those connections. His view was also like "People cheer for the Empire in Star Wars, and they're Nazis." and it's like "Well, a) you're not supposed to cheer for the Empire and b) in HP, its the good guys who are like "yeah elves are fine. Fuck the non-magical people in the magic world"

I dunno, I dont pretend to be some holier-than-thou or even that I've never purchased something from someone who was bad, but I'm definitely someone who is like "okay, lets be real with ourselves, and not have this weird cognitive dissonance".

At this point, he's not a particularly close friend and only friends of friends. But if he brings it up again, I'll just mention make a donation or something if you're deadset but don't pretend that oh whats 1 more copy type thing.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37965 on: January 23, 2023, 12:31:16 AM »

The Game That Shall Not Be Named

https://twitter.com/potterworlduk/status/1307505005423976448
Uncle

Coax

« Reply #37966 on: January 23, 2023, 12:43:51 AM »

They're prepping for a word filter  :ohhh

Another satisfied client of Bore Consultancy

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37967 on: January 23, 2023, 12:44:44 AM »
out of nowhere I was struck with the memory of Road Rash and remembered the spiritual successor from a while back :rock

went to look it up and

oh my god what happened in sept 2021? look at that giant sudden change in reviews

what did people say?

There is no road to redemption for Trip Wire as long as they're run by a wannabe commander of Gilead

A fun game, though its a shame it seems to be forgotten by its developers and publishers. And considering some recent controversy, I support the devs.

It's not you EQ-Games, Pixel Dash Studios. It's Tripwire Interactive and their anti-abortion, pro-facist President John Gibson.

oh shit it was made by a literal fascist who wants to genocide

who would have thought the makers of a game about clotheslining other bikers with chains and committing robberies with your gang would stoop so low?

I guess I shouldn't play Motorcycle Game

:stahp
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37968 on: January 23, 2023, 12:47:27 AM »
I'll just listen to the pizza pasta tarantella speed metal robot farts instead

Uncle

FUME5

« Reply #37969 on: January 23, 2023, 12:59:04 AM »
There will be no escape for you B Dubs, for you reside within a prison of your own making.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I shall purchase myself a gift basket.

Boredfrom

« Reply #37970 on: January 23, 2023, 01:37:44 AM »
fuck, I grew up a few cities away so this feels pretty close to home

Wow stay safe

:snore

Step your game up.

No lie. I was planning on stopping by the Amazon Go store in Torrance on the right side of that video later on this afternoon.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/page-4#post-100068823

Drove by the van location in Torrance. All cleared away. Finally made it to the Amazon Go store like I mentioned earlier, and it looks like they let everyone go home early since it was closed. Crazy how all of that happened hours ago in a normally quiet area.

benjipwns

« Reply #37971 on: January 23, 2023, 01:48:55 AM »
It's not you EQ-Games, Pixel Dash Studios. It's Tripwire Interactive and their anti-abortion, pro-facist President John Gibson.
Haha fuck you guys for finding someone to publish your game that struggled to find resources, you need a hit on your social credit score for working against The Party. I AM A GOOD PERSON IMPROVING SOCIETY TOWARDS TOLERANCE, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37972 on: January 23, 2023, 02:45:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoilers-so-whats-this-about-dating-romancing-an-11-year-old-girl-in-the-new-fire-emblem-engage.678445/page-4#post-100073599
Yeah the fact this shit still gets approved in Japan is so fucking disgusting, I know it's a different culture and all that but there's certain boundaries...
Even with the added context it's way too sus imo :/
This thread is racist as shit. Cherry picked screenshots posted without context and mistranslated, to perpetuate the idea that Japan makes creepy games for perverts.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #37973 on: January 23, 2023, 02:56:05 AM »
I think we all know the ban was coming, the OT would’ve been an absolute shitshow of Elite members (Kyuuji and her apostles along with Zeo and Mess) hounding everyone posting in the thread and it would’ve just led to mass reports so it really wouldn’t be worth having one.

The interesting thing will come from how they handle the sale thread when it’s at number 1, I can see it being redacted from the list or they’ll find some really odd way to not have it like “no list threads” lol.

I do wonder if any elite members will face moderation because you know full well they won’t be able to contain themselves and will retreat to the bastion of the crimes of JK thread to discuss “the wizard game” etc

And if mods are reading this, then surely a catalogue of JK content needs to be removed because all your doing is boosting her message, can you not see the problem?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37974 on: January 23, 2023, 02:56:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-28#post-100091599
Planetsmasher
Hopefully Hamill has an explanation or an apology. He's usually pretty good at responding when called out. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Luke Skywalker better bend the knee :bolo

ShutUp

« Reply #37975 on: January 23, 2023, 03:13:12 AM »
Joanne “Adolf” Rowling will pay for her crimes!!  :bolo

« Reply #37976 on: January 23, 2023, 04:51:26 AM »
The level of purity testing I've seen regarding Harry Potter has been genuinely insane.  It's not just Era, it's in a lot of places.  But these places are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out they're in a bubble.  This isn't ground zero of the next culture war, it's a bunch of people with an extremely stringent world view screaming into a void with a megaphone.

And it's probably not going to turn out well for them.  Casting every enjoyer of the 8th highest grossing franchise in the world is a recipe for disaster and shows how unjustifiably militant people can be over how some engage with media.  This isn't people going "You know, Birth of a Nation had a point!", it's a silly series about magic that at worst could be argued to have poor depictions of real world marginalized groups via long-established fantasy groups like goblins.  You're never going to get the majority of people on board with hatred not only of the property, but people that like it as well.  And that's to say nothing of entire regions where it's extremely popular that literally don't know about the controversy like Asia, assuming they even know who Rowling is.  I wouldn't be surprised if this context is lost on people and they start attacking foreign HP fans like vtubers and LatAm streamers that play the game.  It's gonna be a shitshow.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #37977 on: January 23, 2023, 04:55:20 AM »

NekoFever

« Reply #37978 on: January 23, 2023, 05:17:34 AM »
The level of purity testing I've seen regarding Harry Potter has been genuinely insane.  It's not just Era, it's in a lot of places.  But these places are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out they're in a bubble.  This isn't ground zero of the next culture war, it's a bunch of people with an extremely stringent world view screaming into a void with a megaphone.

And it's probably not going to turn out well for them.  Casting every enjoyer of the 8th highest grossing franchise in the world is a recipe for disaster and shows how unjustifiably militant people can be over how some engage with media.  This isn't people going "You know, Birth of a Nation had a point!", it's a silly series about magic that at worst could be argued to have poor depictions of real world marginalized groups via long-established fantasy groups like goblins.  You're never going to get the majority of people on board with hatred not only of the property, but people that like it as well.  And that's to say nothing of entire regions where it's extremely popular that literally don't know about the controversy like Asia, assuming they even know who Rowling is.  I wouldn't be surprised if this context is lost on people and they start attacking foreign HP fans like vtubers and LatAm streamers that play the game.  It's gonna be a shitshow.

I don't think you have to go that far to find people who aren't aware of the controversy. I've met very few people who aren't extremely online culture warriors (on either side) who know or care anything about JK Rowling's opinions. She's just the author of Harry Potter.

BisMarckie

« Reply #37979 on: January 23, 2023, 05:19:40 AM »
I will take a stand against the ongoing trans genocide and NOT buy the wizard game. I always knew something was off about Joanne that's why I couldn't even be bothered to read past the first book back when it came out.

I have always been an ally and you people make me sick since you cannot even do the bare minimum. Nobody is asking you to join the armed resistance against said genocide, but you people can't help yourself and you are going to buy something that is the equivalent of buying products from slave workers in concentration camps.

You should all be ashamed.