Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784844 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #38100 on: January 23, 2023, 06:34:46 PM »
Never let Neoxon promote your favorite youtubers:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-astronaut-brought-up-a-good-point-most-of-the-chosen-mario-kart-tour-real-world-city-tracks-in-mario-kart-8-deluxe-are-a-bit-pale.678886/

The actual video:

I feel that I start to see a pattern with Neoxon love/hate relationship with creators and stuff he likes.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38101 on: January 23, 2023, 06:37:49 PM »
“Harry Potter and TERF BITCH JoKe are hyper capitalist!!1!” they said in front of their wall of Marvel Funko Pops ::)
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38102 on: January 23, 2023, 06:49:10 PM »
Quote from: Ra
The lead is Fire Emblem being #1 and "Fire Emblem Engage is the second biggest launch for the series in the UK" Loudninja miss the point to celebrate a whole lot of nothing much?

Since when do we make threads for the game that is #23 on the chart damn dude.

Loudninja's blatant Sony shilling finally being called out, and by a mod no less.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-part-1-remake-sales-jumped-to-32nd-original-jumped-to-20th-on-the-sales-list-after-tv-show-launch-uk-boxed-charts.678475/

I kind of love how they went with "238% sales spike of Last of us remake after show release!" Like what does that actually mean? That instead of ten copies they sold 25?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38103 on: January 23, 2023, 06:54:03 PM »
Actually posted on Resetera -

Honestly I'm a little tired of these companies engaging the right like this...the right complain about everything no matter how innocuous and "playing along" like this seems to be just reinforces their audience's notion (who are presumably believing it and aremt grifting like the hosts) that they're under attack.

I would just ignore them.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/m-ms-announces-an-indefinite-pause-on-their-spokescandies-announces-maya-rudolph-as-new-spokesperson.678658/page-4

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38104 on: January 23, 2023, 06:55:54 PM »
Never let Neoxon promote your favorite youtubers:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-astronaut-brought-up-a-good-point-most-of-the-chosen-mario-kart-tour-real-world-city-tracks-in-mario-kart-8-deluxe-are-a-bit-pale.678886/

The actual video:

I feel that I start to see a pattern with Neoxon love/hate relationship with creators and stuff he likes.
Well they can help to Kickstart my game design concept:
"Modern Warfare Kart"

Kart race on exciting tracks like:
Bakhmut Bumpers
Krazy Kabul
Aleppo Alley's
Somalia Speedway
Yemen Yards
Armenian Allcoves
Atlanta Action
Tiananmen Tankers
and Gaza Guzzlers
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #38105 on: January 23, 2023, 06:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Ra
The lead is Fire Emblem being #1 and "Fire Emblem Engage is the second biggest launch for the series in the UK" Loudninja miss the point to celebrate a whole lot of nothing much?

Since when do we make threads for the game that is #23 on the chart damn dude.

Loudninja's blatant Sony shilling finally being called out, and by a mod no less.
Loudninja
Huh? make threads about anything an everything sales related not to mention its the title of the article.
B-Dumbs for once being right
Way to bury the lede, it's 23rd on the list and massively outsold by everything above it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38106 on: January 23, 2023, 07:25:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-29#post-100128646

Quote from: Vincent Alexander
Quote from: AliceAmber

I apologize if this is off topic, if so I'll edit my post. But this video is absolutely fascinating at how it really explains how pro-consumerism HP and JK are. And touches on the very problematic fatphobic writing as well.
My god, all the fat comments. And the Subway ad for Hunger Games....Okay, I gotta stop and finish when I'm not at work.
A woman who sells books and plastic toys and movies for a living night be pro consumerism?
 :what

I thought she was just doing it because she loved genociding trans people. :(
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38107 on: January 23, 2023, 07:26:02 PM »
1. Fire Emblem Engage
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #38108 on: January 23, 2023, 07:27:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-the-way-of-water-will-gross-2-5-billion-update-faithful-holding-on-to-muchas-posts-like-sermons-at-sunday-service.662731/page-169#post-100135381

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 100135381, member: 31943
Just out from #6 and there isn't much to say that hasn't been said before, other than this just doesn't get old for me. Especially from the moment we see Payakan stuck with the tracker, but even the full length prior to that I'm always soaking it in like it's fresh. Smaller screen than the others, but still felt as big in scale. If it gets the premium screen back I'll definitely be going at least one more time. I feel like Jake and Neytiri hooking up to the tree of souls to see Neteyam again; I can't let go.

:mike
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #38109 on: January 23, 2023, 07:39:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/giant-bomb-ot-26-speaking-of-cumstains-shout-out-to-our-seamen.509268/page-428#post-100113832

:cop User banned (permanent): Openly admitting to using a hate site for the purpose of ban investigation
Quote from: Stolen Sheep
Is there any way to check bans? There was that kiwifarms site (yeah I know, but it was scraping the ResetEra forum for bans and infractions) but it seems to be gone?

Dixie didn’t seem a bad sort..

:dead
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 07:44:07 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Averon

« Reply #38110 on: January 23, 2023, 07:41:53 PM »
Kyuuji

>New game plussed transphobic game Cyberpunk 2077
>Pre-ordered opening weekend tickets to Black Panther 2 staring an anti-vaxxer and transphobe
>Made half a dozen trips to view racist colonizer James Cameron's new movie that's insulting to indigenous people

A pattern seems to be forming  :thinking

Averon

« Reply #38111 on: January 23, 2023, 07:43:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/giant-bomb-ot-26-speaking-of-cumstains-shout-out-to-our-seamen.509268/page-428#post-100113832

:cop User banned (permanent): Openly admitting to using a hate site for the purpose of ban investigation
Is there any way to check bans? There was that kiwifarms site (yeah I know, but it was scraping the ResetEra forum for bans and infractions) but it seems to be gone?

How can they use a "hate site" that they claim no longer exist  ???

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38112 on: January 23, 2023, 07:52:45 PM »
We at the bire do a better job than the admins and mods :dice

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dualsense-edge-review-thread.678718/#post-100116814
Positive only thread thanks
Pre-ordered two Edge controllers, the reviews seem very positive.
Might as well buy another PS5
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:05:38 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Boredfrom

« Reply #38113 on: January 23, 2023, 08:15:02 PM »
You guys bitching about Sony favoritism when we have this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/comic-era-why-is-dc-comics-so-dumb.678904/

Quote from: Slayven
Thinkings of DC's genius, they still pale compared to Marvel. Hell most of them would be in Marvel's B tier of super scienctists with Beast, Spiderman, and Tony Stark.

Lex Luthor, Mr Terrific, Will Magnus, Professor Ivo, Brainac 5( all 3 or 4 of them), etc.

Hell looking at lists online Poodlestrike 's boy Ted Kord usually breaks the top 10 on DC's smartest, and that is just sad

Totally in good fun, thought (WATCH MARVEL FILMS BITCH ABOUT ZACK SNYDER MIDNIGHT SONS SOCIAL LINKS ARE WELL WRITTEN)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #38115 on: January 23, 2023, 08:48:02 PM »
Lol Gamespot of all places give Forspoken  a 5.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:52:48 PM by Boredfrom »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38116 on: January 23, 2023, 09:16:32 PM »

Thinkings of DC's genius, they still pale compared to Marvel. Hell most of them would be in Marvel's B tier of super scienctists with Beast, Spiderman, and Tony Stark.

Lex Luthor, Mr Terrific, Will Magnus, Professor Ivo, Brainac 5( all 3 or 4 of them), etc.

Hell looking at lists online Poodlestrike 's boy Ted Kord usually breaks the top 10 on DC's smartest, and that is just sad

Totally in good fun, thought (WATCH MARVEL FILMS BITCH ABOUT ZACK SNYDER MIDNIGHT SONS SOCIAL LINKS ARE WELL WRITTEN)
We're not thinkings clearly

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38117 on: January 23, 2023, 09:23:22 PM »
Quote from: MaelSagaFrontierFanGameFromJapaneseCorporation
So I already stopped doing fucking with anything Harry Potter the second I learned that the JoKe was a piece of shit but this is extending my ban on Potter shit to another generation now.
She's a piece of shit, she's created an empire that is making her richer by selling a bunch of trash in the worst possible way and she clearly doesn't give a single shit about her legacy in this whole trash filled world.
I'm having trouble expressing how much of a trash pile she is, was and always was.

Like she could never manage to pretend to care about anything beyond her own little self.
Oof, admitting they were going to let Joanne influence their kids into fascism before Joanne was revealed by a YouTube video as profiting from capitalism.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38118 on: January 23, 2023, 09:28:27 PM »
The Forspoken review thread is getting spicy.

Criticism of this style of writing has been rising for years now. Thor Ragnarok just got shit all over for this exact same thing. People burying their head in the sand and accusing others of racism over this game is bizarre.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #38119 on: January 23, 2023, 09:29:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/KaraLynne0326/status/1617692598646472704

Hahahaha they fuckin HATE Eric July (because he’s a successful black man that refuses to toe the line), that’ll certainly garner some added hate and lots of “I knew she was evil” for Kara.

benjipwns

« Reply #38120 on: January 23, 2023, 09:32:04 PM »

Criticism of this style of writing has been rising for years now. Thor Ragnarok just got shit all over for this exact same thing. People burying their head in the sand and accusing others of racism over this game is bizarre.
Before his Male Feminist house of cards collapsed criticism against Whedon for the same type of thing was often claimed to being just sexism or whatever from bigots by the right side of history as well.

Polident Hive

« Reply #38121 on: January 23, 2023, 09:40:37 PM »

Recent example is a commercial for Shazam 2. Guy throws a bus at a monster, says “I just threw a bus at a friggin monster!” People shit on it so hard the director came out and said it’s not in the finished movie.

Or just earlier today, this movie trailer

https://twitter.com/DnDMovie/status/1617522676263690240

Boredfrom

« Reply #38122 on: January 23, 2023, 09:45:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-that-a-motherfuckin-ot.678550/page-10#post-100142608

Tons of the "bad" dialogue in this game would be fine to people coming out of the mouth of a white, male character.

You clearly must have missed the uproar around DmC then. This is by far not the only game to be singled out because people find its writing and dialogue grating and annoying.

Quote from: PsychoNinja
Maybe he did as that game is a decade old.

Probably referring to, current games like Uncharted 4, Guardians, God of War, Spider Man. Games that released in the last few years.

Uncharted was always shitted on because the Whedonesque dialogue, I don’t remember current God of War having Kratos doing one liners non stop, and people expect this kind of annoying one liners from Spider Man (that is something he is famous for).

benjipwns

« Reply #38123 on: January 23, 2023, 09:55:20 PM »
"Current" games that are seven (Uncharted 4) and five (God of War, Spider-Man) years old, not like that ancient Devil May Cry reboot that was mentioned as a single example not a definitive list.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38124 on: January 23, 2023, 10:00:20 PM »
Quote from: SomeSecondAccountWithHades2avatar
They are referring to people outside critics when they say the game is getting dogpiled too harshly. It doesn't absolve it from criticism, but when any personality can put up a 10 second clip with the prompt "can you believe the cringe dialogue in this game", and it's just a harmless quip, it does feel a bit try hard. There are conversations about this game going on outside the reviews you watched. You're literally one.

That said, critics can also be guilty of these biases and tell on themselves in their writing with how they talk about black characters. This doesn't necessarily equate a lower score, but where do you think phrases like "exaggerated swagger of a black teen” come from.

But the source of that quote is from a black video game reviewer.  :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38125 on: January 23, 2023, 10:04:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-that-a-motherfuckin-ot.678550/page-10#post-100142992
High on Life.. how did you miss that it was scored poorly because of the dialogue. Some people loved it some hated it. Just look at the threads for that game. It was way worse than this.
Anyway, that's fine. You think this isn't unique. We're not going to agree. I been Black long enough to know what it is.
We can stop talking about it (or at least stop responding to me about it), because I don't want this thread to be about it.
What did he mean by this :hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #38126 on: January 23, 2023, 10:08:08 PM »
Have they even posted any examples of this supposed racist dogpiling? The meme stuff they threw a fit about earlier was just people, of all political positions, mocking the dialogue and lasted for like a whole day or two on Twitter only among only gamers. This happened with the Final Fantasy game too before the formation of the people who were like "actually, this is awesome" who were the only ones who didn't move on to whatever the next thing was.

Like what do they think is actually the end goal of the racists here, to just keep lying about dialogue they actually find totally fine but don't want a Black woman saying?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38127 on: January 23, 2023, 10:09:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/andrew-tate-seemingly-arrested-in-romania-in-human-trafficking-probe.669967/page-40#post-99892327

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Excusing/Justifying Misogynistic Beliefs
Quote from: Truly Gargantuan
Quote from: bangai-o
Some women believe their place is in the kitchen. It's weird. I've talked to a few.

"So, you are okay if a man hits a woman?"

"Sometimes we need it."
I'm ok with this. If a woman wants to be subservient that's her business. We shouldn't judge how people seek relationships and what the nature of those relationships are. As long as all parties are consenting adults - it ain't our place.

This isn't a defense of Tate and the trash he pushes.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38128 on: January 23, 2023, 10:12:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/evangeline-lilly-uses-instagram-to-promote-rumble-an-extreme-far-right-website-and-the-russell-brand-hosted-conspiracy-theory-stream-hosted-on-it.676282/page-5#post-99909541

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Racism
Quote from: David Incorporated Esq.
So she's an idiot, and supports idiots. Is she hateful or bigoted? I'm not going to ask for someone's career to crash because they have dumb political views and believe conspiracies.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #38129 on: January 23, 2023, 10:14:39 PM »
Speaking about Sensitive Josh Whedon esque pandering, I don’t think it is bad by default. We had, two years ago, Hades that was as guilty of “racial and queer pandering”, and people loved that game. Yeah, it was not a female POC but the game was riddled with stuff that make alt righters you tube commentators mad (but was little controversy, the most was people complaining about changing the races of mythological characters).

Borealis

« Reply #38130 on: January 23, 2023, 10:21:45 PM »
Reset really going to bat for a bang-on crappy to average at best game. Imagine being more of a goose than console warriors you also love being.

Caping for Square Enix for free lmao.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38131 on: January 23, 2023, 10:25:06 PM »
Lol Gamespot of all places give Forspoken  a 5.

Giving Forspoken a 5 two weeks before black history month, yikes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38132 on: January 23, 2023, 10:28:45 PM »
Speaking about Sensitive Josh Whedon esque pandering, I don’t think it is bad by default. We had, two years ago, Hades that was as guilty of “racial and queer pandering”, and people loved that game. Yeah, it was not a female POC but the game was riddled with stuff that make alt righters you tube commentators mad (but was little controversy, the most was people complaining about changing the races of mythological characters).

that's what every sensible person has always known

like remembering the period where diverse all-female Ghostbusters was rightfully identified as dogshit and then diverse all-female team of scientists in Annihilation was not criticized for that aspect by anyone, not even the alt rightiest alt righter

(you don't have to think Annihilation was good, just recognize that it disproves the idea that "they'll hate any all-female cast who are portrayed as smart and capable)
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #38133 on: January 23, 2023, 10:29:32 PM »
I honestly think the hate that Forspoken got at the beginning was genuinely kind of disproportional, even if the dialogue was cringe. (I remember the initial trailer of Last of Us was also kind of cringe)

The Demo was what sealed its fate, and people bending backwards to defend it remind me of FFXV initial demos, so  the criticism became way more valid.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38134 on: January 23, 2023, 10:32:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-29#post-100128646

Quote from: Vincent Alexander
Quote from: AliceAmber

I apologize if this is off topic, if so I'll edit my post. But this video is absolutely fascinating at how it really explains how pro-consumerism HP and JK are. And touches on the very problematic fatphobic writing as well.
My god, all the fat comments. And the Subway ad for Hunger Games....Okay, I gotta stop and finish when I'm not at work.
A woman who sells books and plastic toys and movies for a living night be pro consumerism?
 :what

I thought she was just doing it because she loved genociding trans people. :(
My bad...
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38135 on: January 23, 2023, 10:34:15 PM »
Kyuuji

>New game plussed transphobic game Cyberpunk 2077
>Pre-ordered opening weekend tickets to Black Panther 2 staring an anti-vaxxer and transphobe
>Made half a dozen trips to view racist colonizer James Cameron's new movie that's insulting to indigenous people

A pattern seems to be forming  :thinking
Could be referred to as a history...
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38136 on: January 23, 2023, 10:38:45 PM »

Even with the runaway success of the MCU, I guarantee you that if you surveyed 100 average people and asked them to name 5 superheroes, at least 3 of the top 5 would be DC characters.

If you asked about villains, I would hazard a guess that it would be 4/5.

Edit: Lol, they're actually talking about the literal intelligence of fictional characters.
 :gaben :what :point
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38137 on: January 23, 2023, 10:44:19 PM »
Has anyone measured MODOK's cranium? Shit is huge.
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38138 on: January 23, 2023, 10:47:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/evangeline-lilly-uses-instagram-to-promote-rumble-an-extreme-far-right-website-and-the-russell-brand-hosted-conspiracy-theory-stream-hosted-on-it.676282/page-5#post-99909541

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Racism
Quote from: David Incorporated Esq.
So she's an idiot, and supports idiots. Is she hateful or bigoted? I'm not going to ask for someone's career to crash because they have dumb political views and believe conspiracies.
Conspiracies....? What, like the conspiracy theory that there's an ACTUAL trans genocide going on right now and Joanne (TERF bitch) is the secret leader?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #38139 on: January 23, 2023, 10:56:30 PM »

I didn't fully comprehend this and thought they were complaining about them being white because he said "they still pale" and is Slayven.

Also this is a dumb comparison because DC actually tries to enforce an upper bound on human science and technology (even though it's pretty much always stupid reasoning), something Marvel just pretends wouldn't ever spill out into the non-superhero world not even when Tony Stark is selling it to people. Many of DC's characters in position to drive human advances are explicitly shown to deliberately try to withhold technology from everyone else for their superhero/villain uses with Luthor and Bruce being the most extreme examples, but something Mr. Terrific and Oliver Queen also explicitly do for various reasons and others like Superman also take pains to do. DC often even covers their backside by having every experiment (or lone genius like the second Toyman) tracing itself back to Lexcorp, Wayne Enterprises, etc. Ultimate Marvel did very similar stuff but the mainstream Marvel has never cared about this. Don't get me wrong I like Marvel (and even love many specific Marvel things) but my preference for DC (and Ultimate) is because I've always found it hard to get past how everything in Marvel Comics has zero effect on the rest of the world that just continues on as it does in our reality. DC's incessant need for "reboots" isn't just a desire for Crisis level events, it's because they often try to level everything including powers back down so the world need not change too much.

Literacy doesn't have to be hard I contend.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 11:04:00 PM by benjipwns »

PogiJones

« Reply #38140 on: January 24, 2023, 12:32:55 AM »
Just a whole lot of  :spiders in those comments. “Well yeah I’m a hypocrite BUT” so the friend is correct then? Cool, now shut the fuck up

I'm totally fine with people taking up some causes and not others. People have finite time and energy to dedicate to causes. That's not in and of itself hypocritical.

But where RE goes wrong is then judging other people for not taking up THIS SPECIFIC CAUSE and calls them garbage humans for it. Their rule then becomes "If there's a cause you don't support, you're a bad person." That's where their friend's point changes from being a whataboutism to being an accurate point to show their hypocrisy. 99% of the "whataboutism" claims are just pointing out that a rule [e.g. you're bad if you don't support a cause] is unworkable. They're never saying you can't pick your battles. They're just saying you can't be a dickwad because someone isn't fighting in the same exact battles you chose.

These people have no idea what real whataboutisms are.

PogiJones

« Reply #38141 on: January 24, 2023, 12:41:29 AM »
Probing your rules with lots of different scenarios and fact cases is how you are supposed to check proposed rules. It's not a whataboutism to point out your freaking stupid rule is flawed because it produces absurd results. That's just basic logic.

:rage :rage :rage

benjipwns

« Reply #38142 on: January 24, 2023, 12:55:52 AM »
They don't realize they confirmed, not debunked, their friends point of view by admitting there was actually no principled objection being made.

BikeJesus

« Reply #38143 on: January 24, 2023, 05:11:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100150012

Do w know anything about the person holding the decapitate sign?

Cuz it’s some real “Blacks Rule!” energy.

Supposedly it's just some person that no one else knows about, from what I've seen. I don't recall who that came from so I don't really have any kind of source though.

This is healthy, now they are trying to dox a possible trans or LGBQ person who held up a sign they all agree with, because they realize it is bad optics and doesn't help turn people to their cause.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38144 on: January 24, 2023, 06:04:08 AM »

we just going to ignore the fact stolen sheep visited/frequented kiwifarms
Hecht rn

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38145 on: January 24, 2023, 07:17:30 AM »
Weird fucker from Kotaku AU who seems to have a massive hate boner for Joanne (TERF bitch) has covered the Reeeeesetera Hogwarts ban.

Prominent online gaming forum ResetEra has banned the discussion of Portkey Games’ upcoming adventure RPG Hogwarts Legacy after internal discussions among the mod team.

The decision was made by forum moderators after an ongoing internal discussion returned to Harry Potter author JK Rowling’s awful views toward transgender people. It seems ResetEra, like a lot of gaming communities around the world, needed an answer to the question of how to cover the game responsibly. Moderator discussions culminated in a message from general manager B-Dubs announcing the policy changes. Under the new rules, the mods are expanding an existing ban on promoting Hogwarts Legacy to include discussions of the game itself.

This is a big move for a forum the size of Resetera, one the site’s management hasn’t made lightly. The upside is that users appear to have taken the news reasonably well. There are no obvious examples of users bombarding other threads in complaint. No spam campaigns rapidly posting new threads on the game to give the mods a hard time. An unexpected result, given the amount of back-and-forth online certainly, but nice to see.

In the meantime, Twitter will, of course, remain the platform of choice for rancid Hogwarts Legacy discussion.

Some more unhinged rubbish from the same idiot:
JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter novels and one of the world’s most visible transphobes, hasn’t had much to say about Hogwarts Legacy at any time during its production. The game, a sprawling, open-world genre multihyphenate, looks for all the world to be a Harry Potter fan’s dream come true. However, due to Rowling’s decision to publicly state her distaste for transgender women, there has been quite a lot of discussion within fan circles about the ethics of buying the game.
Spud

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38146 on: January 24, 2023, 07:53:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-the-way-of-water-will-gross-2-5-billion-update-faithful-holding-on-to-muchas-posts-like-sermons-at-sunday-service.662731/page-169#post-100135381

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 100135381, member: 31943
Just out from #6 and there isn't much to say that hasn't been said before, other than this just doesn't get old for me. Especially from the moment we see Payakan stuck with the tracker, but even the full length prior to that I'm always soaking it in like it's fresh. Smaller screen than the others, but still felt as big in scale. If it gets the premium screen back I'll definitely be going at least one more time. I feel like Jake and Neytiri hooking up to the tree of souls to see Neteyam again; I can't let go.

:mike

Now imagine if this was something that she was championing against! They’d be banned on the spot for the blatant rubbing their noses in indulging in problematic content, yet here we are, queen Bee doesn’t run by the same rules, can lord it over the normal members because of her elite protected status

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38147 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:16 AM »
Prominent online gaming forum ResetEra has banned the discussion of Portkey Games’ upcoming adventure RPG Hogwarts Legacy after internal discussions among the mod team.

The decision was made by forum moderators after an ongoing internal discussion returned to Harry Potter author JK Rowling’s awful views toward transgender people. It seems ResetEra, like a lot of gaming communities around the world, needed an answer to the question of how to cover the game responsibly. Moderator discussions culminated in a message from general manager B-Dubs announcing the policy changes. Under the new rules, the mods are expanding an existing ban on promoting Hogwarts Legacy to include discussions of the game itself.

This is a big move for a forum the size of Resetera, one the site’s management hasn’t made lightly. The upside is that users appear to have taken the news reasonably well. There are no obvious examples of users bombarding other threads in complaint. No spam campaigns rapidly posting new threads on the game to give the mods a hard time. An unexpected result, given the amount of back-and-forth online certainly, but nice to see.

In the meantime, Twitter will, of course, remain the platform of choice for rancid Hogwarts Legacy discussion.

CITATION NEEDED
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #38148 on: January 24, 2023, 09:30:01 AM »
What kind of psychopath watches a movie six times within a couple of weeks?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38149 on: January 24, 2023, 09:59:22 AM »

9 more viewings and it gets sus

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hinckley/taxidriver.htm

In the years leading up to John F. Hinckley Jr.'s attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan, he became obsessed with the movie "Taxi Driver." Hinckley saw the movie at least fifteen times, read and re-read the book it was based upon, and bought the soundtrack to the film, listening to it for hours on end. Hinckley even began to model certain aspects of his life on the actions of the main characters. Most importantly, Hinckley developed an intense obsession with an actress in the film, Jodie Foster.

hmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley_Jr.

In 2016, a federal judge ruled that Hinckley could be released from psychiatric care as he was no longer considered a threat to himself or others, albeit with many conditions. After 2020, a ruling was issued that Hinckley may showcase his artwork, writings, and music publicly under his own name, rather than anonymously as he had in the past. Since then, he has maintained a YouTube channel for his music. His restrictions were unconditionally lifted in June 2022.

:thinking

https://www.youtube.com/@johnhinckley6860/videos

:whatisthis
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38150 on: January 24, 2023, 10:03:47 AM »
A clown was photographed at the anti Tory cunts protest last week waving this sign about -

This from you know who -

There's zero point in playing the respectability game with a side that holds zero respect for you, especially for something as vanilla as a sign at a protest. It doesn't matter about uninvolved people potentially seeing it and thinking trans people are in the wrong for it because they will always be able to frame us in some way that will convince that person that we're wrong for something. Whether it's holding up a sign like that, not adhering to stereotypical female beauty standards, for adhering to them. It doesn't matter. Three trans people held up signs on the street outside a billionaires gated mansion and were harassed and persecuted for it.

According to Kyuuji 3 men turning up outside a woman's house to harass and intimidate her is fine. Signs calling for violence against women is vanilla, and doesn't matter anyway, because the media just frames all trans as dangerous stalkers who use violence and intimidation against women.

Absolute mental case.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-30#post-100156738

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38151 on: January 24, 2023, 10:06:38 AM »
Weird fucker from Kotaku AU who seems to have a massive hate boner for Joanne (TERF bitch) has covered the Reeeeesetera Hogwarts ban.

JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter novels and one of the world’s most visible transphobes, hasn’t had much to say about Hogwarts Legacy at any time during its production. The game, a sprawling, open-world genre multihyphenate, looks for all the world to be a Harry Potter fan’s dream come true. However, due to Rowling’s decision to publicly state her distaste for transgender women, there has been quite a lot of discussion within fan circles about the ethics of buying the game.

I notice that both of these articles have comments disabled
 :shaqc
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #38152 on: January 24, 2023, 10:20:25 AM »
Don’t you mean differently abled? :wag
Oi Oi

Jansen

« Reply #38153 on: January 24, 2023, 10:50:07 AM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:55:46 AM by Jansen »

BIONIC

« Reply #38154 on: January 24, 2023, 10:56:32 AM »

Also the same amount of times she left her room since it came out.
Margs

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38155 on: January 24, 2023, 11:56:08 AM »
A clown was photographed at the anti Tory cunts protest last week waving this sign about -

(Image removed from quote.)

This from you know who -

There's zero point in playing the respectability game with a side that holds zero respect for you, especially for something as vanilla as a sign at a protest. It doesn't matter about uninvolved people potentially seeing it and thinking trans people are in the wrong for it because they will always be able to frame us in some way that will convince that person that we're wrong for something. Whether it's holding up a sign like that, not adhering to stereotypical female beauty standards, for adhering to them. It doesn't matter. Three trans people held up signs on the street outside a billionaires gated mansion and were harassed and persecuted for it.

According to Kyuuji 3 men turning up outside a woman's house to harass and intimidate her is fine. Signs calling for violence against women is vanilla, and doesn't matter anyway, because the media just frames all trans as dangerous stalkers who use violence and intimidation against women.

Absolute mental case.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-30#post-100156738

Yet on noted hate website Resetera, guillotine comments can get you banned.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38156 on: January 24, 2023, 11:57:48 AM »
The sheer number of posters in the Forspoken threads making implicit and explicit comments that all criticism of the game is racist/sexist/bigoted is amazing. I should be surprised the mods aren’t stepping in on that shit, but… I’m not.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38157 on: January 24, 2023, 11:57:49 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

This from you know who -

Absolute mental case.

especially for something as vanilla as a sign at a protest.

Weird how calling for people to get decapitated is suddenly vanilla but Rowling sharing a blog post about her life is trans genocide.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38158 on: January 24, 2023, 11:59:40 AM »

The upside is that users appear to have taken the news reasonably well. There are no obvious examples of users bombarding other threads in complaint. No spam campaigns rapidly posting new threads on the game to give the mods a hard time. An unexpected result, given the amount of back-and-forth online certainly, but nice to see.

I guess mentioning that anyone who'd voice critic would instantly get banned doesn't sound as nice.

Jansen

« Reply #38159 on: January 24, 2023, 12:01:49 PM »
"Forspoken is absolutely fantastic. With all the spells you can unlock, the gear you can upgrade, the fights, the bosses, and a storyline that rivals the best video game stories, this isn't a return to form for SquareEnix, it's a testament that they still got it, and will have it for a very, very long time. "