Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1813410 times)

BisMarckie

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #38040 on: January 23, 2023, 12:06:20 PM »
More like Gary White-a

ShutUp

« Reply #38041 on: January 23, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »
Damn now us yts can’t even write lore for video game worlds? Getting hard out here to make a dollar or two  :mjcry

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #38042 on: January 23, 2023, 12:52:16 PM »
Incoming ban and a guarantee that user is going to request self ban if people keep saying it's bad.
Watched a few reviews. Yeah, probably never touching this game. From the grating voice acting, lame enemies and the terrible Ubi style icon infested map and the heap of bad design decisions, I'll just never be able to justify spending my limited time on such mediocrity.

On top of that I can't even imagine the state of the PC version when no review codes were given out.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #38043 on: January 23, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-24#post-99925324

Quote from: IceCrashRadio
I stand by I don't trust anyone who gets Harry Potter, I'll be checking trophy lists.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-28#post-100092736

Quote from: IceCrashRadio
My rule is pretty simple unless I hear actual support I assume everyone has a knife behind their back. I love mark, he's my joker forever.... But he might hate me and I cannot trust him without a full statement.
OBE

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38044 on: January 23, 2023, 01:12:42 PM »
How dare people try to protect their assets?

protecting "assets" on the WWW.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38045 on: January 23, 2023, 01:12:51 PM »
How dare people try to protect their assets?

protecting "assets" on the WWW.

lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38046 on: January 23, 2023, 01:14:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-28
Had an "argument" with a friend of mine who pre-ordered the game. His view was "Whataboutism" and that I spend money on people who probably have terrible views. I'm not saying Im not a hypocrite either and I'm not perfect, but I dunno, this seems pretty cut and dry.

Just fucking depressing man. People are like "Well my entertainment is worth a lot more" .

On top of that, he's Jewish and when I explained the coded Goblin part, he was like "Oh I mean it could be any goblin thing, its a children's book that got super popular" and "well, I like Harry Potter so ..."

And hey, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a game I would have loved as a child (and open world RPGs are my thing), Maybe I could suggest donating to a Trans charity the cost of a game? But its like "Just don't buy it, there are a ton of games".

So yeah, makes me sad is all. Curious to hear other thoughts. Apologies if this is not allowed and I can delete

god dammit, this game is making fun of you personally! why aren't you outraged! these goblins have big noses and are greedy just like all of your people!!

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38047 on: January 23, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »
More like Gary White-a

for some reason I always confuse gary whitta and harry knowles
 :anhuld

I guess it's the first names rhyming

I'm like oh that fat guy with troll hair?
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38048 on: January 23, 2023, 01:21:02 PM »
Mark Hamill is a boomer who could have accidentally clicked on things but this is the second time and I don’t need to defend rich white men. Hope he gets his shit together.
Yeah, the “older person not understanding what they do when they click on that like button” reminds that that’s exactly what some of us said the first time JKR liked a transphobic tweet ages ago, so needless to say I’m not feeling super confident on this.
I don’t see how you’d be exposed to her hateful diatribes and somehow accidentally keep following her and liking that shit.
He says this while posting in a thread dedicated to Rowling :curious

Averon

« Reply #38049 on: January 23, 2023, 01:21:08 PM »
Quote from: Palette Swap
Yeah, the “older person not understanding what they do when they click on that like button” reminds that that’s exactly what some of us said the first time JKR liked a transphobic tweet ages ago, so needless to say I’m not feeling super confident on this.
I don’t see how you’d be exposed to her hateful diatribes and somehow accidentally keep following her and liking that shit.

They about to cancel Mark Hamill.

NekoFever

« Reply #38050 on: January 23, 2023, 01:29:55 PM »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38051 on: January 23, 2023, 01:31:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-review-thread-yeah-okay-this-is-something-i-do-now.678640/page-10#post-100109845

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing concerns of racial bias, previous history of dismissiveness in sensitive threads
Quote from: JaseC64
Quote from: Goddo Hando
modern review discourse is weird where i feel like people try really hard to deny that bad games can exist.

accepting that a bad game is bad, is not a bad thing--i've been seeing chatter that people think this will be a sleeper hit 10 years from now. I dont get it. Accept the badness
True.

It is what it is. There are no conspiracies here where people dunk on this game because of some racial ulterior motives. Else all these reviewers are secret racist.

Look I'm not saying some aholes out there on Twitter or Reddit shitting on the MC cause of who she is but on Era of all places? Cmon. It's just Era doesn't really like this game much. It's ok. You can enjoy the game just stop with all these reasons why it's not being highly being spoken about the way you want.

I love the MC design but that God awful VA or I should say dialog kills it for me. (Aside some of the bare environments we've seen)

Edit: looking at the overall score, 70% would be a solid game in my eyes and def would play if it lands on PS+ or buy at a discount in about 1 year. But it would be heavily based on my backlog.
OBE

Polident Hive

« Reply #38052 on: January 23, 2023, 01:45:23 PM »
The liked Tweet in question is a pithy response to a troll denigrating her as a woman. Not even one of her risky tweets. It’s stock school bully shit where any contact with an ostracized party forever associates them.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38053 on: January 23, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-review-thread-yeah-okay-this-is-something-i-do-now.678640/

This is actually like the first scene from the game (that I've seen) that wan't cringe. The actors kinda carry it.

Yeah, that isn't bad at all, but considering the identity of the tweeter...

There’s a huge corner of the internet that’s been trained to hate this style of writing and be very loud about it. It gets the views.

It's a Marvel dialogue moment. You could see Tony Stark saying this stuff to Vision...minus the fuck. It's not great, but it's not terrible

The delivery is great. I thought it was amusing. But nah, the entire game is like the worse thing ever or something.

The scene in question…

https://twitter.com/G27Status/status/1617560414635556865

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38054 on: January 23, 2023, 01:56:18 PM »
weird they stop posting tsla stock prices in the twitter thread after their near 30% rebound from beginning of the year.

Propagandhim

« Reply #38055 on: January 23, 2023, 02:02:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-28
Had an "argument" with a friend of mine who pre-ordered the game. His view was "Whataboutism" and that I spend money on people who probably have terrible views. I'm not saying Im not a hypocrite either and I'm not perfect, but I dunno, this seems pretty cut and dry.

Just fucking depressing man. People are like "Well my entertainment is worth a lot more" .

On top of that, he's Jewish and when I explained the coded Goblin part, he was like "Oh I mean it could be any goblin thing, its a children's book that got super popular" and "well, I like Harry Potter so ..."

And hey, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a game I would have loved as a child (and open world RPGs are my thing), Maybe I could suggest donating to a Trans charity the cost of a game? But its like "Just don't buy it, there are a ton of games".

So yeah, makes me sad is all. Curious to hear other thoughts. Apologies if this is not allowed and I can delete

god dammit, this game is making fun of you personally! why aren't you outraged! these goblins have big noses and are greedy just like all of your people!!

(Image removed from quote.)

"I tried to explain to him that they only put those little, black, beady, and most importantly -- untrustworthy, jew eyes on goblins!"

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38056 on: January 23, 2023, 02:06:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-review-thread-yeah-okay-this-is-something-i-do-now.678640/page-10#post-100109845

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing concerns of racial bias, previous history of dismissiveness in sensitive threads
Quote from: JaseC64
Quote from: Goddo Hando
modern review discourse is weird where i feel like people try really hard to deny that bad games can exist.

accepting that a bad game is bad, is not a bad thing--i've been seeing chatter that people think this will be a sleeper hit 10 years from now. I dont get it. Accept the badness
True.

It is what it is. There are no conspiracies here where people dunk on this game because of some racial ulterior motives. Else all these reviewers are secret racist.

Look I'm not saying some aholes out there on Twitter or Reddit shitting on the MC cause of who she is but on Era of all places? Cmon. It's just Era doesn't really like this game much. It's ok. You can enjoy the game just stop with all these reasons why it's not being highly being spoken about the way you want.

I love the MC design but that God awful VA or I should say dialog kills it for me. (Aside some of the bare environments we've seen)

Edit: looking at the overall score, 70% would be a solid game in my eyes and def would play if it lands on PS+ or buy at a discount in about 1 year. But it would be heavily based on my backlog.

lol JaseC64 getting banned for the most lukewarm take.

"Maybe people thought the game looks bad because it's actually bad"
banned

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #38057 on: January 23, 2023, 02:09:01 PM »
banning people for ragging on a shitty game in name of the culture war :lawd

I don't see how they bring racial bias into either, the cringe dialogue isn't 'black' at all :doge
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38058 on: January 23, 2023, 02:14:56 PM »
Honestly it seems like it should have formed a holy trinity with Witcher blood origin and Velma, in that everyone from all corners of the internet rags on it :elon
(ice)

NekoFever

« Reply #38059 on: January 23, 2023, 02:21:24 PM »
Most other games don't have an IP holder that's using the money and fame from their IP to push legislation to exile transgender people from society and get us killed.

:comeon

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38060 on: January 23, 2023, 02:36:06 PM »
Most other games don't have an IP holder that's using the money and fame from their IP to push legislation to exile transgender people from society and get us killed.

Get them killed? Like a hunt, most dangerous game kind of thing? Or they all get sent into a lifeless desert?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38061 on: January 23, 2023, 02:36:21 PM »
What will be funniest is the amount of vocal critics who will be unable to resist the urge to consoom two weeks from Friday :rash

what will also be funny are all the journalists who will be forced by their jobs to review it under protest and loudly mention so in their reviews

:social
Jason always knew Joanne (TERF bitch) was a transphobe nazi, he was just about to publish his article exposing this, but Joanne (TERF bitch) outed herself first.
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38062 on: January 23, 2023, 02:47:54 PM »
I like people defending the Forspoken dialogue by saying Marvel flicks have the same kind of dialogue. Okay, so what does that tell you about the quality of writing in those movies.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38063 on: January 23, 2023, 02:50:20 PM »
That Eva Green thread is amazing. Bending over backwards to defend calling them peasants just because they want to stick their dicks in her.

“She did it in private” ok and? Why not just call them pricks or assholes?
“She doesn’t have a history of this!” Again I say ok and? Era routinely wants people who slip up once sent to the gulags for life. Suddenly someone you’re horny for does it and she gets a second chance?
Great boobs though...
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38064 on: January 23, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »
That Eva Green thread is amazing. Bending over backwards to defend calling them peasants just because they want to stick their dicks in her.

“She doesn’t have a history of this!” Again I say ok and? Era routinely wants people who slip up once sent to the gulags for life. Suddenly someone you’re horny for does it and she gets a second chance?
Great boobs though...

In the presence of Eva Green we're all peasants   :elon

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38065 on: January 23, 2023, 03:03:39 PM »

Great boobs though...

In the presence of Eva Green we're all peasants   :elon

:mouf :whew
Eva can make me her peasant any time
Spud

Averon

« Reply #38066 on: January 23, 2023, 03:13:57 PM »

The hyperbole has only increased as the game gets closer to release, and there's no push back since you're harassed, lose you job, and labeled a bigot if you don't believe there's a trans genocide happening right now. Funny enough, these same people piggybacking off of Jewish trauma and history to attack Harry Potter as antisemitic also are devaluing the word 'genocide' with their hysterics.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38067 on: January 23, 2023, 03:35:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/page-2#post-100042216
:cop User Banned (3 Days): Sexist Commentary
Quote from: EJS
I came to see Shohei Ohtani throw 100 mph and hit a 450 foot home run but it looks like Ashley is playing for him today.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/page-4#post-100051609
:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Commentary
Quote from: Mukrab
Quote from: ToddBonzalez
Why? Hitting is about technique. Strength is a factor, but not the only factor. What would stop a female athlete from becoming a good contact hitter?
I know we all want to be progressive and all but men are just better at sports and it's not just because of strenght but speed, reaction time etc. Some of those are obvious and the ones who aren't like reaction time have been documented. People also thought the US womens national team would be good against men because they are so dominant. And then they played against male teenagers and lost, and then lost 5-2 which is quite the beating in football, against an UNDER 15 team. Not not against some real Madrid under 15 team either who can have all the under 15 talent in the world, no. Against some team from dallas. The worst player in the MLB is better than the best female player in the world by quite a bit, i guarantee you.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38068 on: January 23, 2023, 03:39:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-review-thread-yeah-okay-this-is-something-i-do-now.678640/page-14#post-100114138
:cop User Banned (1 Month): Xenophobic Generalization; History of Dismissive Commentary
Quote from:  Oddhouse
Quote from: The Bear
This quote from IGN review is damning to me.

"Forspoken’s world and story are about as bland as they come, equal parts predictable and forgettable. That’s not so offensive on its own, but the real crime is how poorly the writing establishes any of its characters and the relationships between them – it’s like it constantly assumed I must already be invested in these people in a way it never actually made me."

It's 100% like the worst writing issues XV had (remember Jared?).
It makes me slightly worried about FF16. Japanese style of writing to those in the west can came across a jarring or corny.

Localisation and converting scripts should be much better than it is.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38069 on: January 23, 2023, 03:41:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-wrasslin-ot-return-of-the-wrestle-king-dom.670900/page-43#post-99933982

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Sexual Assault
Quote from: Karsha
Vince having an affair with Rita Chatterton was confirmed by everyone close to them at the time in the wrestling world. The split point was if it was consensual or not. The news of Vince paying her to leave this story behind doesn't add much, if someone was already into the WWE this isn't the type of story that will mean anything to them. The only "mythos" I can see having impact are if some sort of proof of Vince helping Snuka to hide a murder or Vince sexual assaulting someone for real come out, until the payments are just "don't talk about our relationship" than nothing will come out of it.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38070 on: January 23, 2023, 03:45:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pig-the-animal-kills-butcher-in-self-defense-at-hong-kong-slaughterhouse.678793/#post-100124512

Quote from: SpartaNNNN
Pigs are very dangerous, I've seen 2-3 dogs get killed to death by one pig alone. The wild boars are not to be messed up.
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #38071 on: January 23, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 03:58:48 PM by Propagandhim »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38072 on: January 23, 2023, 04:00:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pig-the-animal-kills-butcher-in-self-defense-at-hong-kong-slaughterhouse.678793/#post-100124512

Quote from: SpartaNNNN
Pigs are very dangerous, I've seen 2-3 dogs get killed to death by one pig alone. The wild boars are not to be messed up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38073 on: January 23, 2023, 04:09:20 PM »
Ok hear me out Square Enix, Vesper Lynd Origin Story video game.
Just give me a mocap studio and a $100 million budget and for once you're going to meet sales expectations.

Gary Whitta can write the UI text, Amy Hennig the manual.
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38074 on: January 23, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
Ultranationalists should be killed to death.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38075 on: January 23, 2023, 04:25:03 PM »
Ultranationalists should be killed to death.
Guess you hate Democracy I say we send them free tanks. What are the Germans waiting for?
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38076 on: January 23, 2023, 04:27:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-29#post-100128646

Quote from: Vincent Alexander
Quote from: AliceAmber

I apologize if this is off topic, if so I'll edit my post. But this video is absolutely fascinating at how it really explains how pro-consumerism HP and JK are. And touches on the very problematic fatphobic writing as well.
My god, all the fat comments. And the Subway ad for Hunger Games....Okay, I gotta stop and finish when I'm not at work.
OBE

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38077 on: January 23, 2023, 04:28:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-the-way-of-water-will-gross-2-5-billion-update-faithful-holding-on-to-muchas-posts-like-sermons-at-sunday-service.662731/page-169#post-100123966

Quote from: Jubilant Duck, post: 100101676, member: 127023
[USER=31943]Kyuuji[/USER] how much have you spent on Avatar 2 tickets now?

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 100123966, member: 31943
For just the tickets? £75.50.
Sat watching the adverts at the moment, then onto Pandora 🌿💙

Margs

paprikastaude

« Reply #38078 on: January 23, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »
please tell me that no one with more than half a brain accepts "fatphobic" as a real word

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38079 on: January 23, 2023, 04:39:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-29#post-100128646

I apologize if this is off topic, if so I'll edit my post. But this video is absolutely fascinating at how it really explains how pro-consumerism HP and JK are. And touches on the very problematic fatphobic writing as well.
My god, all the fat comments. And the Subway ad for Hunger Games....Okay, I gotta stop and finish when I'm not at work.

MERCHANDISING? Oh my god, I thought RE was exaggerating but Rowling finally crossed the line

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38080 on: January 23, 2023, 05:02:16 PM »
I wonder if these people realize how much of a pro-segregationist argument they make on a daily basis. The constant message from them seems to be all races/religious/ethnic groups should stay in their own "lanes." Try to write/portray any group not your own (except if they are yts, of course) in a piece of media and watch as they descend down on you and beat you into a blood pulp and drag your carcass around social media for ritual shaming.

The constant lesson creatives are getting from these people is to not even try. And since these people are loud, obnoxious, and companies constantly bend to their whims due to Twitter outrage, this is often the voices creatives hear most, and defer to, even if said people are in the stark minority.

Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38081 on: January 23, 2023, 05:09:15 PM »

Finish what, shaking?

« Reply #38082 on: January 23, 2023, 05:22:33 PM »
this has been a crazy week for bans lol none of them make any sense

cant call a mediocre game mediocre
cant deny men would beat women in sports
cant deny a genocide is happening to transes even when half of them seem to have a youtube video essay account or a patreon
can't play or watch people play or talk about a game based on a childrens book

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38083 on: January 23, 2023, 05:35:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/page-2#post-100042216
:cop User Banned (3 Days): Sexist Commentary
Quote from: EJS
I came to see Shohei Ohtani throw 100 mph and hit a 450 foot home run but it looks like Ashley is playing for him today.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/page-4#post-100051609
:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Commentary
Quote from: Mukrab
Quote from: ToddBonzalez
Why? Hitting is about technique. Strength is a factor, but not the only factor. What would stop a female athlete from becoming a good contact hitter?
I know we all want to be progressive and all but men are just better at sports and it's not just because of strenght but speed, reaction time etc. Some of those are obvious and the ones who aren't like reaction time have been documented. People also thought the US womens national team would be good against men because they are so dominant. And then they played against male teenagers and lost, and then lost 5-2 which is quite the beating in football, against an UNDER 15 team. Not not against some real Madrid under 15 team either who can have all the under 15 talent in the world, no. Against some team from dallas. The worst player in the MLB is better than the best female player in the world by quite a bit, i guarantee you.
Speak truth to power boys. Do not go gentle into that good night. Rest in power.

:preach
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #38084 on: January 23, 2023, 05:36:31 PM »
Mega budget movies with fast food tie ins for collectibles? Never a thing before or since the Harry Potter movies. Joanne’s reign of terror is truly unmatched.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38085 on: January 23, 2023, 05:38:40 PM »

mmm

dow jones waas up 1 percent tesla 10

:lol

Averon

« Reply #38086 on: January 23, 2023, 05:38:55 PM »
I don't understand the argument. Harry Potter was commercialized, like 99.99% of all popular IPs, therefore bad?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38087 on: January 23, 2023, 05:39:33 PM »
I hate when jokes get signal boosted.

oh hey era finally found their motto

:rofl @ locking a memes thread for 'signal boosting' :rofl
Quote from: FliX, Moderator
We do not need to share this, that just brings eyes to the nonsense that provoked it.
Your forum is not that important breh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38088 on: January 23, 2023, 05:42:09 PM »

A woman who sells books and plastic toys and movies for a living night be pro consumerism?
 :what
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38089 on: January 23, 2023, 05:46:28 PM »

All the shid Ree likes is hyper consoomerist too :elon

It's not like they're a bunch of chin strokers into art house foreign cinema,they all like Disney and buy all sorts of plastic tat based on thier stuff :elon
(ice)

NekoFever

« Reply #38090 on: January 23, 2023, 05:47:01 PM »

They really are full-on bitch eating crackers over there. This billion dollar property has a lot of merchandise? That fucking consumerist TERF bitch. Ooh, new amiibo just dropped!

Averon

« Reply #38091 on: January 23, 2023, 05:48:56 PM »
Joanne is a TERF Bitch

Joanne is alt-right

Joanne is Nazi adjacent

Joanne is an anti-Semite

Now Joanne is pro-capitalist

They are throwing everything at her to see what sticks :lol
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:59:40 PM by Averon »

Boredfrom

« Reply #38092 on: January 23, 2023, 05:55:23 PM »

It's not like they're a bunch of chin strokers into art house foreign cinema,they all like Disney and buy all sorts of plastic tat based on thier stuff :elon

I mean, the fact that they are posting in a video game forum already made them hyper consuming. Like, we have Mekanos, an outspoken “socialist”, that is fan of tokusatsu and magical girl shows, genres aimed to children so they can be buy toys and accessories. They genuinely don’t care about all that, only to fit in with their social circle on the net.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38093 on: January 23, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »
Quote from: MaelSagaFrontierFanGameFromJapaneseCorporation
So I already stopped doing fucking with anything Harry Potter the second I learned that the JoKe was a piece of shit but this is extending my ban on Potter shit to another generation now.
She's a piece of shit, she's created an empire that is making her richer by selling a bunch of trash in the worst possible way and she clearly doesn't give a single shit about her legacy in this whole trash filled world.
I'm having trouble expressing how much of a trash pile she is, was and always was.

Like she could never manage to pretend to care about anything beyond her own little self.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38094 on: January 23, 2023, 06:10:55 PM »
Walt Disney was a verified racist arsehole AND a capitalist. Why is he and his consumerist company not cancelled?
Spud

Averon

« Reply #38095 on: January 23, 2023, 06:18:51 PM »
Quote from: Ra
The lead is Fire Emblem being #1 and "Fire Emblem Engage is the second biggest launch for the series in the UK" Loudninja miss the point to celebrate a whole lot of nothing much?

Since when do we make threads for the game that is #23 on the chart damn dude.

Loudninja's blatant Sony shilling finally being called out, and by a mod no less.

NekoFever

« Reply #38096 on: January 23, 2023, 06:20:25 PM »
Walt Disney was a verified racist arsehole AND a capitalist. Why is he and his consumerist company not cancelled?

Every person in a Disney park is a person who can't be in the Wizarding World at Universal.

paprikastaude

« Reply #38097 on: January 23, 2023, 06:22:38 PM »

And they'll regularely shit on artists like Martin Scorcese or Ken Loach for criticizing that same children's media hype cycle.

Himu

« Reply #38098 on: January 23, 2023, 06:26:59 PM »

You know why. Same reason they bitch about capitalism but put their entire identity behind purchasing products.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:35:11 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

benita

« Reply #38099 on: January 23, 2023, 06:34:32 PM »
More like Gary White-a

for some reason I always confuse gary whitta and harry knowles
 :anhuld

I guess it's the first names rhyming

I'm like oh that fat guy with troll hair?

So all Harry's and Gary's sound alike do they you bigot