Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824680 times)

Risible

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9000 on: December 03, 2021, 08:13:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/and-here-we-are-im-a-a-mass-murderer.522693/
73 victims and counting

:snob

I’ve killed more folx re-watching Harry Potter with my kids

These fucking woe is me motherfuckers. Mental health team?? If you truly wore a mask then there's nothing else you could have done, it's a "shit happens" situation. But no, we must rend our garments and publically flagellate ourselves to signal our virtue and get a "mental health team" because secretly it's all about us, not the people we got sick.  Please fuck off into the sun.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9001 on: December 03, 2021, 08:14:04 AM »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #9002 on: December 03, 2021, 08:19:02 AM »
Luckily Dave is here with the goods to keep us straight!

Kurt Russell

« Reply #9003 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/and-here-we-are-im-a-a-mass-murderer.522693/
73 victims and counting

:snob

I’ve killed more folx re-watching Harry Potter with my kids

There's a hell of a lot to unpack in that thread.

Quote from: Dullahan
73 victims and counting. I never felt any symptoms, and I am twice vacinnated.

Quote from: RBH
Was it COVID or syphilis?

No, my treatment for syphilis went extremely well. I am glad for the team that I got.

To anyone asking, how I know the exact number, it's how many the hospital tracked to me.

I live in Quebec, Canada. I'm under the care of the SIMS team which is an English acronym, I am not actually aware of what it actually means and quite frankly so do most of my team.

Second, I am agoraphobic so I can only ever go out with my team. Which means I frequently get COVID tests and this time it came back positive.

As for the number, it came directly from a nurse working with the team. I get med drops everyday, because otherwise I tend to forget or drink too much and just not take the pills. Same number was confirmed to me, by the nurse who called me for my pneunologist test.

Quote from: Keywork
So, from what I found is that SIMS, Suivi Intensif en milieu, is known as ACT, or, Assertive Community Treatment, here in the US. I found this background for what it is through a paper done at McGill University in Canada. Here is what it said:

ACT or Assertive Community Treatment is an evidence based approach to caring for individuals with complex, severe mental health disorders. ACT has been shown to reduce hospitalization and emergency visits for patients with difficult‐to‐treat psychosis and psycho‐ social instability

:whew

Quote from: B-Dubs
Just gonna lock this

Pussy
woke

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #9004 on: December 03, 2021, 09:14:45 AM »
lol, so he fucked a prostitute (Had to be asian for their kink) got syphilis and then covid and went on to kill 73. Also if they're in ACT They need to logout of resetera.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9006 on: December 03, 2021, 10:17:26 AM »
lol, so he fucked a prostitute (Had to be asian for their kink) got syphilis and then covid and went on to kill 73. Also if they're in ACT They need to logout of resetera.

I just want to know how that brothel visit went down if he needs a team with him anytime he leaves the house

Ghoul

« Reply #9007 on: December 03, 2021, 10:20:43 AM »

I just want to know how that brothel visit went down if he needs a team with him anytime he leaves the house

They stood at the side of the bed cheering him on, and totally Okayed going raww dawg

SmokyDave

« Reply #9008 on: December 03, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »

Nothing like that, but fuck it, Jim's a funny guy.

Edit: Fucking timestamp. Should've been 51:00 or thereabouts.

NekoFever

« Reply #9009 on: December 03, 2021, 10:55:19 AM »
“Actual severe consequences”

For…the fucking RAPE VICTIM? Who was 17 years old?

Literally any site that isnt Era or probably 4chan, would have moderators waltz through a thread like that one and permanently ban those who want to see a rape victim fucking suffer.

Goddamn I genuinely hate that site more and more every single day. It used to be a point and laugh at the idiots type of thing but it is at the point of just being disgusting. They have more rage in wanting to see a rape victim suffer than they did that lunatic who drove through the parade crowd and fucking killed people. No sane message board would tolerate this shit. Ever.

There’s definitely been a shift from harmless sideshow to outright nasty over there. I don’t so much chuckle while reading the nutters as just despair at the state of them.

Ghoul

« Reply #9010 on: December 03, 2021, 11:33:20 AM »
also the guy has a korean girl in PFP, shouldn't they like get done for fetishizing culture perm ban?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #9011 on: December 03, 2021, 11:33:55 AM »
“Actual severe consequences”

For…the fucking RAPE VICTIM? Who was 17 years old?

Literally any site that isnt Era or probably 4chan, would have moderators waltz through a thread like that one and permanently ban those who want to see a rape victim fucking suffer.

Goddamn I genuinely hate that site more and more every single day. It used to be a point and laugh at the idiots type of thing but it is at the point of just being disgusting. They have more rage in wanting to see a rape victim suffer than they did that lunatic who drove through the parade crowd and fucking killed people. No sane message board would tolerate this shit. Ever.

There’s definitely been a shift from harmless sideshow to outright nasty over there. I don’t so much chuckle while reading the nutters as just despair at the state of them.

Yeah, maybe it was the Rittenhouse verdict or just the general level of bile just increasing over time, but they really are getting vicious and the mods of course are all a-okay with it. From the calls of Alice Sebold’s life needing to be ruined to the dark stalking of Ariana Grande, they REALLY need to calm down.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #9012 on: December 03, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-stuck-with-fox-news-at-the-office.522996/
Like the title says. There’s a TV at the office that is showing Fox News all day. I had changed the channel two times but it goes back to Fox News as soon as I leave

I barely watch news on the TVs but holy shit. I can’t take seriously this channel. They whine and whine about everything and like to play the victim card. For fuck’s sake, they have a show called “Outnumbered” lol.

Who's gonna tell him?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9013 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/look-im-trying-to-come-up-with-a-title-to-summarize-this-latest-ariana-grande-look-but-i-cant-because-a-picture-is-worth-a-1000-words.522537/page-6#post-78026082

Quote from: treble
Great tweet! I love seeing tweets from the website twitter.com on the resetera.com website! Great stuff as usual! Love it!

I like this cat  :lol
User Warned: Drive-By Posting
:lol

SmokyDave

« Reply #9014 on: December 03, 2021, 11:56:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/look-im-trying-to-come-up-with-a-title-to-summarize-this-latest-ariana-grande-look-but-i-cant-because-a-picture-is-worth-a-1000-words.522537/page-9#post-78057471

I can’t get the url for the image because I’d rather kill myself than sign up to reset, but this post is fucking killing me.

Someone hold Ariana down while we grab some forceps and get to measuring that cranium.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9015 on: December 03, 2021, 12:19:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-stuck-with-fox-news-at-the-office.522996/
Like the title says. There’s a TV at the office that is showing Fox News all day. I had changed the channel two times but it goes back to Fox News as soon as I leave

I barely watch news on the TVs but holy shit. I can’t take seriously this channel. They whine and whine about everything and like to play the victim card. For fuck’s sake, they have a show called “Outnumbered” lol.

Who's gonna tell him?

FOX :lawd

Tucker :preach

https://www.resetera.com/threads/look-im-trying-to-come-up-with-a-title-to-summarize-this-latest-ariana-grande-look-but-i-cant-because-a-picture-is-worth-a-1000-words.522537/page-9#post-78057471

I can’t get the url for the image because I’d rather kill myself than sign up to reset, but this post is fucking killing me.

Someone hold Ariana down while we grab some forceps and get to measuring that cranium.
Like I said, they are literally Nazi's. I wonder when JordanN is going to sign up. :idont
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #9016 on: December 03, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/208750762832953344/916283182079426590/IMG_2442.jpg?width=1017&height=676

lol, from discord.... Wonder what's going on in there atm.....

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #9017 on: December 03, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »

:science

Propagandhim

« Reply #9018 on: December 03, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
I trust Gradient with my life to tell me what ethnicity someone is and ought to be....until it guesses someone's gender wrong.  Then fuckkkkk offffff Gradient.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9019 on: December 03, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
Incelsiorlef out there posting those tweets without permission, time to report her!   :bolo

Let's all remember the multiple times her favorite comics characters and avatar inspiration Kitty Pryde called black folks hard-r distinguished black fellow, and openly question incelchiefs motivations for liking that character

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9020 on: December 03, 2021, 01:08:17 PM »
That Richard Dawkins thread locked by a new moderator I've never fucking seen before who obviously didn't get the memo incelchief is allowed to make shit threads because reasons, with an obvious implication to please stop doing that

:thinking

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9022 on: December 03, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
And speaking of that richard dawkins thread!

I love how so many of the big names of the Skeptical community just traded religious beliefs for Machiavellian conspiracy thinking, I mean at least religious theory is based on books and shit.

"machiavellian thinking" is based on "books and shit" you fucking spanner; if you'd ever read Il Principe you'd a) Know what machiavellian refers to and b) Know that you're using a reference wrong, presumably because you want to appear more intelligent as a supermarket shelf stacker than a published author

I mean, if he wanted people to learn 'the science', surely he could link to an academic article or other publication that backs up their rhetoric,

...right?

Reviews of the book Kathleen Stock got #cancelled for are archived on wikipedia

The science of.. every medical institution making it clear that trans identities are valid and based in science. The fossil that loves fossils is back talking gibberish again.

Doesn't appear to be at all relevant, but Pinknews probably didn't provide you talking points yet to regurgitate

Yeah like, I don't support her thoughts obviously, but if I got death threats, masked people showed up at my door, posters with my name got hung up everywhere, I'd probably have quit my job too. It's not like a snowflake bailed at the first arguments against her. I wouldn't have joined a far right grift fake university, but still.
You're talking about the lady who calls hanging up and displaying trans flags targeted harassment.

who also happens to be the same person who was advised by police to have a protective unit when they went to their job thanks to credible death threats made, you massive, massive, disingenuous piece of shit

It was a bit of snark because it's deeply funny for a very famous atheist to believe there is a secret society of Anti-Enlightenment Language Disruptors paying trans students and their allies to go after Kathleen Stock.

A famous atheist who has expressed his distaste for cultish zealotry shows distaste for activists in academia behaving like cultish zealots and pushing their ideology onto students and attempting to stifle peer review of said ideology, which is really not fucking difficult to parse as his actual argument.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9023 on: December 03, 2021, 01:24:50 PM »
I'm just gonna have one more big laugh that reseteras final fate on wikipedia is as a footnote to NeoGAF

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9024 on: December 03, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »
If you’re not going to help the man, then really you’d might as well put your own MAGA suit on because you’re just as bad as he allegedly is. Have some human decency and help an elderly individual. Laughing and just doing absolutely nothing shows more about your character at that particular moment than it does his. If we can’t be better than those we deem to be worse, than are we really better at all?
Wtf.

You help people. You always help people. Dont be so craven and spiteful that you join people in their ignorance/arrogance/hatred.
"If you won't help those who want you dead are you really better than them?"

I love how he thinks this is a scathing rebuttal to those posts

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9025 on: December 03, 2021, 02:34:10 PM »
So this is based off a situation that came close to happening to me today, we were walking and we see this old man wearing all MAGA gear on the other side of the road in his mobility scooter going too fast down a hill in our neighborhood, he only just managed to stop his scooter. The situation got me thinking about what I would do if he hadn't been able to stop the scooter. To make matters even more sketchy I hear him practically cough up his lung afterwards as we keep on walking.
There he is, What a WINNER! HE WAS DRIVING THAT SCOOTER LIKE A RACE DRIVER  TO GET TO THE RALLY WEREN'T YOU GEORGE :trumps

"I tried to stop but my scooter...."

WHAT DID YOU SAY GEORGE? YOU LIKE THOSE FILMS WITH THOSE CARS. MAN THOSE ARE GREAT FILMS VERY FAST

"You see sir, my breaks are broken because I had to buy this on ebay because my wife has a medicine that is so expensive and..."

YOU GOTTA SEE THIS GUY SCOOT I'VE NEVER SEEN A GUY SCOOT LIKE THAT. IF WE WIN AGAIN AND WE WILL I WANT YOU TO SCOOT ALL OVER THE WHITE HOUSE IS THAT OKAY?

"cough...grunt... wheeze"

LOOK HE HAS THE HAT, THE SHIRT HE HAS EVERYTHING - YOU LOVE AMERICA RIGHT GEORGE?

"I love this country but I was hoping I could say something about support for the elderly..."

GIVE IT UP FOR GEORGE FROM WISH-CON-SON EVERYBODY :clap :clap :clap  I BET HIS WIFE IS VERY PROUD, TAKE IT EASY GEORGE

SO ANYWAY as I was saying - the wind turbines brainwash the chickens because they rotate and it drives them crazy so the economy goes to hell because McDonalds doesn't have the chicken and then crazy Nancy [...]
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9026 on: December 03, 2021, 02:56:11 PM »
Ree seems more unhinged than usual lately, is the prospect of Christmas and all that increasing their misanthropy :doge
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9027 on: December 03, 2021, 03:01:13 PM »
That Richard Dawkins thread locked by a new moderator I've never fucking seen before who obviously didn't get the memo incelchief is allowed to make shit threads because reasons, with an obvious implication to please stop doing that

:thinking
That mod is gonna get demoted soon.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9028 on: December 03, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »
I'd be legit worried about what excel might do if she was banned on Resetera. Wouldn't be surprised if the mods cut her extra slack because of that.

Propagandhim

« Reply #9029 on: December 03, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »
I'd be legit worried about what excel might do if she was banned on Resetera. Wouldn't be surprised if the mods cut her extra slack because of that.

Stock personnel, attention, stock personnel, we need a cleanup on aisle 3.  Someone spilled the ketchu...oh...oh god.

« Reply #9030 on: December 03, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »
People in that toddler thread are talking about your kid not getting affected by or retaining the memory of you not helping an old man, but that's verifiably false based on what we know of child psychology.  It may be completely subconscious, but yes, a situation like that where you just leave an injured old man on the side of the road without helping DOES affect empathy development, and explaining afterwards won't do shit because you're talking to a toddler.  It ends up as an early justification to dehumanize others, which will 100% have some affect on behavior and worldview into adulthood.  It's not set in stone obviously and people can always change, but it's harder when it's been ingrained from you at a young age.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9031 on: December 03, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »

Stock personnel, attention, stock personnel, we need a cleanup on aisle 3.  Someone spilled the ketchu...oh...oh god.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9032 on: December 03, 2021, 04:25:53 PM »
Quote from: Coldsun
We don't need threads like this.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9033 on: December 03, 2021, 04:32:16 PM »
Quote from: LogicAirForce
love the people with no skin in the game coming in here to tell us marginalized folk how terrible we are for not helping a bigot.

Honestly you should be ashamed of yourselves. You might not be the people stepping on our necks but you sure have done nothing to stop them from buying the boots.

Ayyyy, fuck you asshole, stop pretending you are a minority because I seriously doubt most minorities think like you dipshit role play. But if you are an actual minority, make yourself useful and stop talking and posting in the Internet because you sound like a Stormfront plant.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9034 on: December 03, 2021, 04:32:28 PM »
Even the more reasonable people in that thread were weird

I don't go near him but I tell my kid we will call police to come help him - and we do. We leave before the police arrive.... that conversation for when they are older.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-out-walking-with-your-toddler-you-see-an-old-man-wearing-all-maga-clothing-wipe-out-in-his-mobility-scooter-what-do-you-do.523053/post-78074220

Call the police because someone fell off a scooter?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9035 on: December 03, 2021, 04:45:38 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I am just so confused how this ethnicity app could say someone looks 57% Korean but only 3% North Korean (and more likely to be Portuguese or Brazilian than NK) when South and North Koreans are literally the same ethnicity.
^_^

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9036 on: December 03, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I am just so confused how this ethnicity app could say someone looks 57% Korean but only 3% North Korean (and more likely to be Portuguese or Brazilian than NK) when South and North Koreans are literally the same ethnicity.

The app is pretty weird for using countries instead of ethnicities. Even more so when they suddenly throw in "Jewish"

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9037 on: December 03, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/geoff-keighley-wants-the-game-awards-to-focus-on-showcasing-the-games-versus-making-any-kind-of-critical-stance-on-activision-blizzard.523182/page-2#post-78091305

Quote from: Bufbaf, post: 78091305, member: 1860
Is anyone really surprised by this? From walking ad campaign Geoff Keighley?

Spineless and incredibly predictible. $$$ and the fear of the audience he created once again wins over having principles and dignity.
I'll probably still watch it, but my respect is pretty much gone at this point.

:brain
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #9038 on: December 03, 2021, 05:07:48 PM »
I’m more surprised they are still surprised

Geoff, I respect what you do with this show. And I know you'll be reading this thread.

You're not going to lose viewers by doing this, but you might lose publications.

Like...

Like...

Like...

Ugh, you will lost support from my twitter group and discord. :social :social2

ShutUp

« Reply #9039 on: December 03, 2021, 05:13:13 PM »
Whoa the Game Awards being about the games? Far out, man. It’s sad that Keighley even needs to say that in the first place.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9040 on: December 03, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »
Probably already contractually obligated to promote them months before the scandals were public. Just how this stuff works sometimes.
Rip up the contracts and dare them publicly to sue him for it. Sure, he might have to fucking settle something. But make a fucking statement.

People expecting him to ban Activision games when even their own forum can't do it  :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9041 on: December 03, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »
Yves Guillemot is still on his advisory board too, for the record. Not to mention those two studios and others like CDPR and Riot recieving nominations in multiple categories.

It's pathetic and cowardly, no way around it. This isn't an issue you can fence sit on.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/geoff-keighley-wants-the-game-awards-to-focus-on-showcasing-the-games-versus-making-any-kind-of-critical-stance-on-activision-blizzard.523182/post-78092709

When featuring an in-game ad gets compared to actual physical abuse

Drainage

« Reply #9042 on: December 03, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »
Even the more reasonable people in that thread were weird

I don't go near him but I tell my kid we will call police to come help him - and we do. We leave before the police arrive.... that conversation for when they are older.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-out-walking-with-your-toddler-you-see-an-old-man-wearing-all-maga-clothing-wipe-out-in-his-mobility-scooter-what-do-you-do.523053/post-78074220

Call the police because someone fell off a scooter?

Calling the cops on someone is literally murdering them, except this is an old white guy in a wheelchair/mobility scooter and there’s no way the cops would ever shoot someone like that

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #9043 on: December 03, 2021, 05:38:25 PM »
Thread locked
Gotta protect the pope

Boredfrom

« Reply #9044 on: December 03, 2021, 05:45:16 PM »
Thread locked
Gotta protect the pope

Being fair, it also has  to do with the danger of someone mentioning that Activision/Blizzard is not even banned at RE.

« Reply #9045 on: December 03, 2021, 06:40:24 PM »
Constructive thread largely unhappy with the lock:
Quote from: Bufbaf
Is "We want to support employees and developers" Says Awards Organizer While Setting Up Advisory Board of Activision, Riot, Ubisoft, Rockstar and EA Presidents" a better and more factual thread title?

Only half kidding, just a bit annoyed at the thread close. I don't really feel either the title nor the op was factually wrong.
Quote from: OrangeNova
Came here to see if someone had posted about that thread closure, yeah there is nothing wrong with holding people accountable.

Geoff doesn't want to step on toes because half the advisory board of the game awards are companies with active abuse complaints, he's not even both sides-ing it.
Quote from: NinjaScooter
Feels like that thread wasn't exactly made in good faith and was a dumpster fire as a direct result.  The closure isn't exactly surprising or unnecessary.  That discourse was going nowhere.
Quote from: Dmax3901
I am also confused about why that thread was closed, the mod post that ended it very much felt like a personal "this thread is a mean and I don't like it", what exactly was left out of the OP?
Quote from: Teenage Fansub
Not sure why an OP giving their two cents was a problem in this case versus any number of other threads.

I prefer when people give their thoughts when starting a topic rather than just reposting a news link.

Drainage

« Reply #9046 on: December 03, 2021, 06:49:41 PM »
Imagine if all reee threads with “discourse that was going nowhere” were closed

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9047 on: December 03, 2021, 07:04:41 PM »
Imagine if all reee threads with “discourse that was going nowhere” were closed

Boredfrom

« Reply #9048 on: December 03, 2021, 07:07:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/according-to-tom-henderson-the-next-battlefield-title-is-planned-as-a-“hero-shooter”.523167/page-2

.The suits who call the shots are growing ever more hopelessly out-of-touch with their userbases. I feel so fucking sad for the Devs of these games; stretched thin, criminally underpaid, ridiculously overworked, no creative control, and to top it all off they receive all the vitriol and hate from man-child gamers while the execs lean back comfortably and count their stolen cash.

AAA gaming is just so depressing right now. (Has been for quite a while, but it feels like it's getting worse to me)

Wait... what? You were sounding sane, you ass!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9049 on: December 03, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/geoff-keighley-wants-the-game-awards-to-focus-on-showcasing-the-games-versus-making-any-kind-of-critical-stance-on-activision-blizzard.523182/page-2#post-78091305

Quote from: Bufbaf, post: 78091305, member: 1860
Is anyone really surprised by this? From walking ad campaign Geoff Keighley?

Spineless and incredibly predictible. $$$ and the fear of the audience he created once again wins over having principles and dignity.
I'll probably still watch it, but my respect is pretty much gone at this point.

:brain

did not specify they were talking about their self-respect
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9050 on: December 03, 2021, 07:32:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/according-to-tom-henderson-the-next-battlefield-title-is-planned-as-a-“hero-shooter”.523167/page-2

.The suits who call the shots are growing ever more hopelessly out-of-touch with their userbases. I feel so fucking sad for the Devs of these games; stretched thin, criminally underpaid, ridiculously overworked, no creative control, and to top it all off they receive all the vitriol and hate from man-child gamers while the execs lean back comfortably and count their stolen cash.

AAA gaming is just so depressing right now. (Has been for quite a while, but it feels like it's getting worse to me)

Wait... what? You were sounding sane, you ass!

I read the thread title as "hetero shooter" and thought wow era should love this premise
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9051 on: December 03, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trevor-noah-expresses-skepticism-over-pharma-ceos-push-for-new-vaccines-instead-of-waiting-for-unbiased-opinion.523026/page-2#post-78075129
Are you kidding me? You're bordering on vaccine misinformation and you better stop. The flu kills 100,000 Americans per year approximately. The flu shot is extremely important to protecting the young, old, and immunocompromised. The flu clogs up hospital beds and transmits to others in the hospital for other reasons. Getting your flu shot is VERY important, it's just that people on forums like this downplay the importance because they're healthy and lucky to not have died from the flu yet. Get your fucking flu shot--EVERY year. It protects people from literally dying.

I'm on science twitter and connected to the science community. EVERYBODY says your best chance to fight COVID no matter the form, as best as we know so far, is to get vaccinated. If you can get the flu vaccine too, do it, because it keeps you out of the hospital or reduces your vulnerability to co-infections and co-morbidities. 99.9% of COVID strains in the US are Delta and it behooves everyone to get their booster ASAP. Do it now.

We're not listening to the Moderna and Pfizer CEO alone, we're listening to the data, and the data shows: get your booster shot, get your flu shot. Go and do it now. You're not even paying for the COVID vaccine, and the flu vaccine is covered by most insurances.

Signed, a fucking bioengineer
:badass

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9052 on: December 03, 2021, 08:21:09 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9053 on: December 03, 2021, 09:28:42 PM »
That Ariana Grande thread got locked
Thread locked while we review reports.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9054 on: December 03, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »
there's such a wet fart trainwreck of mild anticipation to see whose side the mods come down on

the expert race facial analysts? or the few people trying to defend ariana? and what will they get got for
Uncle

« Reply #9055 on: December 03, 2021, 11:00:12 PM »
B-Dubs in constructive defending the Keighley thread closure:
Quote from: B-Dubs
Nowhere in the article does the quote in the thread's title exist, the OP made it up out of whole cloth. The only quote from Keighly in the article is as follows:

"We want to support employees and developers," Keighley said in an interview about what to expect at the 2021 Game Awards, which takes place on December 9. "[Keighley] added he supported people coming forward with their stories but also didn't want to diminish developers' opportunities to spotlight their games," The Washington Post reported.

Even in the original article in The Washington Post, the quote the OP used does not exist.

I'm all for calling out people's nonsense, but we aren't going to stand by and let people straight up make up quotes to do so. We've always taken a stance that making up quotes or inaccurate thread titles only meant to engender a reaction aren't acceptable, so locking the thread was in-line with that.

In the future, if you don't want a thread locked then just don't make up fake quotes and put them in the thread title.

The fake quote in question appears to be "focus on showcasing the games"

We can all decide for ourselves if this is more or less misleading and reactionary than the average Excel thread title

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9056 on: December 03, 2021, 11:05:37 PM »
I've never watched Jeapordy but I really need to catch up on this. Thanks for posting, it's great to see her doing well and wonderful to have a trans contestant on frequently, visibly and succeeding. Exactly what's needed to help balance the rampant fear mongering.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-been-watching-jeopardy-lately-a-transgender-contestant-has-been-demolishing-the-competition.523281/post-78103011

Being such a preformative ass is made so clear.  I'm not able beyond.  I'm choking on guh.  Not capable of talk.  stop making sentences.  Becoming excel level of thinking.  good night

sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9057 on: December 03, 2021, 11:28:23 PM »
She needs to catch up because a transgender was winning?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9058 on: December 03, 2021, 11:43:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/4-dead-7-injured-in-shooting-at-michigan-high-school-sigh-upd3-parents-on-the-run-withdrew-4k-and-ditched-cellphones.521724/page-14#post-78102279
I guess pathetic LARPers like this person think God would protect them from drone strikes. No well-regulated militia or guerilla resistance or whatever would have a ghost of a chance against the "govt" unless they magically won over the entire military. What are they going to do, hold their own kids hostage?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9059 on: December 03, 2021, 11:50:11 PM »

This has worried me as well.  There are plenty of people on Era who deserve to get the shit stick but I'm scared to think of excel without her one human contact point.  That's horrible to consider where a sad vulnerable person would go.
sigh