Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784712 times)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #900 on: September 23, 2021, 11:39:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872622

Quote from:  Kirbivore
So like the police? I guess that may be an unfair comparison when difference is that mods don't get paid, and therefore don't have paid leave.

:dead
OBE

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #901 on: September 23, 2021, 11:46:50 AM »
He could well be dead and eaten by gators at this point. All they may ever find of him is a limb or two. Who knows.

Honestly, except for the weird behavior of the boyfriend and his parents, there really isn't much of a "mystery" to this case. It seems pretty clear-cut. I guess there's some question of exactly what happened and how/when he did it, but the broad strokes seem pretty self-evident and aren't likely to change much from this point forth.

Anybody actually wanting to sink their teeth into a real-life true "crime" (I put that word in quotes because there's no certainty that a crime was ever committed) mystery should check out the case of Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon. Now that's a mystery that'll eat away at your brain.

:doge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #902 on: September 23, 2021, 12:02:03 PM »
He could well be dead and eaten by gators at this point. All they may ever find of him is a limb or two. Who knows.

Honestly, except for the weird behavior of the boyfriend and his parents, there really isn't much of a "mystery" to this case. It seems pretty clear-cut. I guess there's some question of exactly what happened and how/when he did it, but the broad strokes seem pretty self-evident and aren't likely to change much from this point forth.

Anybody actually wanting to sink their teeth into a real-life true "crime" (I put that word in quotes because there's no certainty that a crime was ever committed) mystery should check out the case of Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon. Now that's a mystery that'll eat away at your brain.

"People who liked this murder also enjoyed the following murders:"

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #903 on: September 23, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »
is there a quick round up about the case anywhere?
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #904 on: September 23, 2021, 12:11:29 PM »

Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #906 on: September 23, 2021, 12:18:19 PM »
So theres really no follow-up or announcement?

Imagine being Cerium, knowing the Nintendo Direct is your big pay day, and not understanding why your nintendies are gone
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #907 on: September 23, 2021, 12:25:03 PM »
So theres really no follow-up or announcement?

Imagine being Cerium, knowing the Nintendo Direct is your big pay day, and not understanding why your nintendies are gone

This isn't some big site news so why would they do that?  Things are already back to normal and those Nintendo threads are plenty active.   I guess the next thing is seeing if the people providing sales numbers start up their own forum or if someone pops up to take their places.
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #909 on: September 23, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

TVC would’ve helped expand it  :tocry
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #910 on: September 23, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/diablo-2-resurrected-ot-sins-of-the-fathers.490525/#post-73931650

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 73931650, member: 31943
Same, it's a shame it's attached to such a reprehensible company. D4 and this were among my most anticipated games but AB's actions have killed any desire I have to engage with their products.

Translation: gib me free gaim
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #911 on: September 23, 2021, 12:33:52 PM »
the free copy of cyberpunk was clearly a lie, why would someone gift some rando nutter a free copy?

we have the documents :info
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #912 on: September 23, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ride-4-on-ps5-almost-looks-like-real-life.490534/

Quote from: OmniStrife
If you turn the quality down to 144p / 240p it's hard to tell it's not real.

:whatisthis
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #913 on: September 23, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »

applying to become a mod  :)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #914 on: September 23, 2021, 12:57:51 PM »
I'm over qualified  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #915 on: September 23, 2021, 12:59:54 PM »
Even though the rest of the comments were crazy, Cindi was right about apple and Eve. Just our luck that the first woman to ever live, also the stupidest bitch in all of history.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »

y'all got anymore of them dead white girls? *scratches neck*
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #917 on: September 23, 2021, 01:14:05 PM »
ARE YOU A PSYCHIC?

TRY THIS EASY TEST!

Go here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-johnny-depp-claims-he-is-a-victim-of-cancel-culture.490564/

Do you know what people will say before they say something?
Can you guess at least one person who will be in this thread before looking?

YOU MIGHT BE PSYCHIC!

« Reply #918 on: September 23, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
So Johnny Depp famously got accused of abuse by Amber Heard, who later was revealed to actually have been abusing him. That makes this thread kind of great:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-johnny-depp-claims-he-is-a-victim-of-cancel-culture.490564/

Quote from: RedMercury
More like Johnny Deppends if he's gonna piss himself like a baby over "cancel culture"
Quote from: PRBoricua23
Fame makes people fucking weird, man. This dude has it all, and still finds a way to complain and come off as a whiny little boy.
Quote from: Temascos
I'd love to hear what their specific examples of CANCEL CULTURE (TM) is.

If Harvey Weinstein wasn't charged, I have no doubt he'd be saying he was cancelled.
Quote from: Kyuuji
Quote from: FliX
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1440855055347986440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440855055347986440%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

🤡

Yeh that headline seems to sum it up pretty well lol.

There are, to be fair, some people in there pointing out his specific legitimate grievance here, but it's not the Era way to let that get in the way of blindly defending the concept of CANCEL CULTURE DOESN'T EXIST

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #919 on: September 23, 2021, 01:15:22 PM »
Spiciness in the ‘Constructive’ Thread.

Quote from: unknownspectator
Quote from: SubvertedTrope
You started making things up so you are ok with it! See we can all do it, funny how it only bothers you when it's pointed at you.

so, did the mods tell you on discord to troll this topic? Cause I think they might have :/

User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and inflammatory accusations against another member. Previously banned for the same

You get banned for that, but SubvertedTopic being the one who started escalating things by accusing people of being alts doesn't even get a warning? Cool.
Amazing that this ban is the only appearance of the staff or mods in this thread for days.
Someone should make a post in this thread about that.

Oh wait.

Like how the fuck is what SubvertedTrope done though the last pages of this thread NOT "hostility and inflammatory accusations"? He literally called people alts.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #920 on: September 23, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »
So Johnny Depp famously got accused of abuse by Amber Heard, who later was revealed to actually have been abusing him. That makes this thread kind of great:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-johnny-depp-claims-he-is-a-victim-of-cancel-culture.490564/

Quote from: RedMercury
More like Johnny Deppends if he's gonna piss himself like a baby over "cancel culture"
Quote from: PRBoricua23
Fame makes people fucking weird, man. This dude has it all, and still finds a way to complain and come off as a whiny little boy.
Quote from: Temascos
I'd love to hear what their specific examples of CANCEL CULTURE (TM) is.

If Harvey Weinstein wasn't charged, I have no doubt he'd be saying he was cancelled.
Quote from: Kyuuji
Quote from: FliX
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1440855055347986440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440855055347986440%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

🤡

Yeh that headline seems to sum it up pretty well lol.

There are, to be fair, some people in there pointing out his specific legitimate grievance here, but it's not the Era way to let that get in the way of blindly defending the concept of CANCEL CULTURE DOESN'T EXIST

They don't know whats what.

lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #921 on: September 23, 2021, 01:27:20 PM »
RE insisting that cancel culture doesn't exist while also frothing at the mouth any time there's a chance to cancel someone is always a sight to behold.

Basically I think they're scared cancel culture might stop if it's acknowledged as a bad thing

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #922 on: September 23, 2021, 01:34:44 PM »
 :nothing

"cancel culture doesn't exist! unless it's grown in the cancel region of france, it's just sparkling consequences!"

ok, why the fuck does the exact wording matter  ???

fuck this recent "societal focus" on "leaping to hand out disproportionate consequences"
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #923 on: September 23, 2021, 01:37:09 PM »
Cancel culture is too much of a right wing buzzword. Just call it callout culture and understand that it is absolutely a thing.

:whatisthis

future banned for insensitive commentary in a  sensitive thread about unfair descriptions of  community

i mean remember that ERA thread where almost everyone piled on him then when the Amber came out. No one wanted to visit that thread and own up.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #924 on: September 23, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »
RE insisting that cancel culture doesn't exist while also frothing at the mouth any time there's a chance to cancel someone is always a sight to behold.

Basically I think they're scared cancel culture might stop if it's acknowledged as a bad thing

also dropping "toxic masculinity" as a buzzword any chance they get, then posting lines of assorted shit like "Oh nut up and be a man you huge pussy, stop being a lil bitch ass baby about being abused, ostracised and losing work and just take it like a dude"

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2021, 01:51:03 PM »
Why do people insist cancel culture doesn't exist? Like, social media amplified it but the underlying concept was always there.
Because cancel culture has become a right wing rallying point. And so people are concerned that admitting there could be something to it will let the right wing score points or something.

Dennis probably onto something

"If you admit cancel culture exists Ben Sharpiro wins  :'("

BIONIC

« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-contents-partially-leaked-by-nintendo-japans-website.490540/page-9#post-73941358

Quote from: Coen, post: 73941358, member: 4287
I guess you would be okay if screenrant would start posting plot spoilers in headers for articles about movies they've seen in an advanced screeing? And than blaming pissed visitors because they shouldn't have vistited the website in the first place?

Nintoddlers  :derp
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »
Why do people insist cancel culture doesn't exist? Like, social media amplified it but the underlying concept was always there.
Because cancel culture has become a right wing rallying point. And so people are concerned that admitting there could be something to it will let the right wing score points or something.

Dennis probably onto something

"If you admit cancel culture exists Ben Sharpiro wins  :'("

this is pretty much the inverse of the current claim by right wingers that leftists are pushing the vaccine so hard as a way to make them recoil from it and convince the right to kill themselves

whatever the other team is doing, even if it's true, you have to recoil from completely and deny, deny, deny
Uncle

Rahxephon91

« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
I also thought that was weird, complaining about spoiling news.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »
I also thought that was weird, complaining about spoiling news.

"rumor is, the alt right is quietly planning another rally to take the capital"

"god damn it, spoilers! I wanted to be surprised by it!"
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #930 on: September 23, 2021, 02:02:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-johnny-depp-claims-he-is-a-victim-of-cancel-culture.490564/page-4#post-73942933

Due to the sensitive topic of this thread, we will be locking and not reopening this thread.

lol
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #931 on: September 23, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »
Alright if we're making comparisons this is like getting mad that your browser home page had the weather forecast on it before you got a chance to look outside.

:dead

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #932 on: September 23, 2021, 02:04:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-johnny-depp-claims-he-is-a-victim-of-cancel-culture.490564/page-4#post-73942933

Due to the sensitive topic of this thread, we will be locking and not reopening this thread.

lol

"Oh no, cancel culture might be real and people are shitting on a victim. Lets do the right thing and brush it under the table"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #933 on: September 23, 2021, 02:10:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-contents-partially-leaked-by-nintendo-japans-website.490540/page-10#post-73942585

Quote from: Stregas
Event spoilers are a thing now?

Quote from: Vylder
The real question is : why do you care about how other people feel about it?

Quote from: Stregas
I don’t, I just didn’t know that was a thing

Quote from: Vylder
Personally, as weird as it might sounds, Nintendo Directs are give me the same feeling I had during Christmas as a kid. I love being surprised by my favorite compagny, and to me Directs are more than just "advertisements"

:crybaby
ど助平

Pwnz

« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2021, 02:12:08 PM »
ROFL at them closing the thread because it's "sensitive".  Sensitive to who, exactly?  People that want to keep dunking on Depp and others and not acknowledge the problem?  Will they ban people for victim blaming?  No.  Watch them ban people giving rational, nuanced takes.

That thread was bad, and I've blocked about 100 trolls that just go into those threads spewing garbage righteously.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #935 on: September 23, 2021, 02:12:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-contents-partially-leaked-by-nintendo-japans-website.490540/page-10#post-73943209
Quote from: scare_crow
Folks, Directs are essentially toy commercials. Please save the righteous indignation for something a bit more important than "spoilers."

:ufup

Quote from: Renna Hazel
Well you're on a forum dedicated to toys, so people here are kind of passionate about that kind of thing. Really easy to understand, especially if you are a member here.

:umad
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #936 on: September 23, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-contents-partially-leaked-by-nintendo-japans-website.490540/page-11#post-73943929

Quote from: RROCKMAN
oh my goooooooood I was spoiled about my video game advertising by this thread titled that something leaked about the very thing I wanted to see later today

aaaahhhhh the abject hooooorrrrrooooorrrrr.

Quote from: Laser Ramon
Get fucked

:umad
ど助平

« Reply #937 on: September 23, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »
  Watch them ban people giving rational, nuanced takes.

Nuance is a tool invented by the alt-right to let them JAQ off in front of tired and vulnerable Era members; responsible moderation requires slamming the door shut the second nuance tries to get its vile foot in.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2021, 02:18:40 PM »
imagine being so  excited you can't spell compagny right.

BIONIC

« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »
Due to the sociopathic nature of our userbase in this thread, we will be locking and not reopening this thread to pretend that it isn’t the case.
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #940 on: September 23, 2021, 02:24:08 PM »
Spiciness in the ‘Constructive’ Thread.

Quote from: unknownspectator
Quote from: SubvertedTrope
You started making things up so you are ok with it! See we can all do it, funny how it only bothers you when it's pointed at you.

so, did the mods tell you on discord to troll this topic? Cause I think they might have :/

User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and inflammatory accusations against another member. Previously banned for the same

You get banned for that, but SubvertedTopic being the one who started escalating things by accusing people of being alts doesn't even get a warning? Cool.
Amazing that this ban is the only appearance of the staff or mods in this thread for days.
Someone should make a post in this thread about that.

Oh wait.

Like how the fuck is what SubvertedTrope done though the last pages of this thread NOT "hostility and inflammatory accusations"? He literally called people alts.

Remember, if you’re defending the mods you won’t be banned, unless you say “you all suck” :smug

james

« Reply #941 on: September 23, 2021, 02:25:06 PM »
Spoiling a direct is worth a perm tbh

BIONIC

« Reply #942 on: September 23, 2021, 02:31:04 PM »

Insiderz say that Splatoon 3 will be revealed as a dating sim today.
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler

james

« Reply #944 on: September 23, 2021, 02:47:59 PM »

Insiderz say that Splatoon 3 will be revealed as a dating sim today.

I hope you can do custom bikinis

:whew

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #945 on: September 23, 2021, 02:50:28 PM »

lol

I mean, it's a real dilemma; do you enforce your own rules about victim blaming, "both sidesing", whataboutism, and "downplaying" abuse consistently, mere hours after multiple accusations of moderator cronyism and playing favorites, or do you give some of your most sycophantic goodthink enforcers and informants the slap on the wrist ban that your corrupt tribunal would inevitably land on?

It's a real toughy. Those salads aren't gonna toss themselves, and the spice reports must flow.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #947 on: September 23, 2021, 03:17:59 PM »
all my forum personality heroes are sniping at each other  :uguu :notlikethis
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #948 on: September 23, 2021, 03:24:09 PM »
daniel assmad >:( :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

james

« Reply #949 on: September 23, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »
Gonna stay off the internet for awhile. Cant spoil me motherfuckers

Unless its kirby air ride 2. Please call me if this is the big spoiler so I can prepare for disappointment

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #950 on: September 23, 2021, 03:50:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/Nanashrew/status/1440756271771049990

What happened with Morrigan and metal era?
There never really was one. People would try to get something up and running and then she'd come in to the thread and be an arrogant cunt and declare that only her favorites were "trve" metal and that everyone else was an idiot.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2021, 03:57:53 PM »

lol

Witches strikes again!   :fbm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2021, 04:05:27 PM »
OMG, don't spoil the Nintendo Direct, I want to experience all the surprises the way the artistic vision of Miyamoto-sama intended!

Nintendo:
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #953 on: September 23, 2021, 04:10:17 PM »
There never really was one. People would try to get something up and running and then she'd come in to the thread and be an arrogant cunt and declare that only her favorites were "trve" metal and that everyone else was an idiot.

You mean Kvlt. Love those types of metal fans.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #954 on: September 23, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
whats true metal? guns n roses?
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »
OMG, don't spoil the Nintendo Direct, I want to experience all the surprises the way the artistic vision of Miyamoto-sama intended!

Nintendo: (Image removed from quote.)

All I want to see is Bayonetta shoving her ass into everyones faces. Is that too much to ask for nintendo?  :stahp

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2021, 04:19:19 PM »
Morrigan has already resumed her normal posting like nothing ever happened. The double standard is so blatant  :lol

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2021, 04:26:07 PM »
:trumps
(ice)

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »
whats true metal? guns n roses?

Random Norwegian bands no one's heard of.