Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1786123 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #3780 on: October 15, 2021, 12:21:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-59#post-75246933

Why the FUCK would mods not want to get paid? Here's an idea: pay the mods appropriately except for the ones who want to be hairy potter house elves for some reason dumb reason.

I want to share an idea with you.

Some human beings, yes including mods, get out of their beds every day, shower, apply makeup, dress, leave their houses, and engage in activities that might be considered by an onlooker as labor...............for free.

It is the utmost practice of cynicism for cynicism's sake to believe that mods could/would only engage in the way that we do for money. A lot of us care about these communities. A lot of us agreed to steward these communities because we want to see them thrive. Because we believe in the grand experiment.

Many of us made the decisions we did without thinking about money. Because our everyday decisions don't revolve around money.

:uguu

Working as a slave for a 1%er is so noble.

I know they think they're being bad ass and owning their hated userbase but the mods are fucking embarrassing themselves.

Cerium made them all think they were "one of the good ones" and turned em against the rest of the userbase while taking all the money and giving nothing. If only there was some term of precedent throughout history relating to slaves in this way.
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 07:24:20 AM by bork »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3781 on: October 15, 2021, 12:22:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-64#post-75255102
Quote from: Nepenthe
Quote from: Kinthey
Wait, now members are supposed to pay the mods and not the people who actually make money with this site?
You're not supposed to do anything (that's the point of this whole topic; fundamentally nothing has changed for members or staffers). The point was that you all felt it was extremely important that staff get paid for our labor. So I, being an intrepid little bean, set up a way for you all to directly contribute since you all seem to care a lot about our financial well-being. Like, I provided a solution to the problem.

Now you're hemming and hawwing.

Do you want us to have money or nah?
Did the topic die? Or are you just ignoring people who point out that the two things have nothing to do with each other? Because I've seen a lot of the latter still.
The two things have everything to do with each other. You all pointed out a problem. I provided a solution. Most people have not taken the solution.
I wonder how the rest of the staff feels about her "solution" to the staff getting paid. :hmm

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3782 on: October 15, 2021, 12:24:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-64#post-75255102

Wait, now members are supposed to pay the mods and not the people who actually make money with this site?
You're not supposed to do anything (that's the point of this whole topic; fundamentally nothing has changed for members or staffers). The point was that you all felt it was extremely important that staff get paid for our labor. So I, being an intrepid little bean, set up a way for you all to directly contribute since you all seem to care a lot about our financial well-being. Like, I provided a solution to the problem.

She really can't see the difference between being paid fair compensation for a job and aggressively pan handing the users?

And then when the stranger throws their hands up and says "fine then; you pay me if you feel it's important," the topic dies.

NepNep with the mad gotchas  :gladbron

benjipwns

« Reply #3783 on: October 15, 2021, 12:28:15 AM »
So when people complain that Bezos underpays his amazon workhouse workers they should just paypal those workers their own money? I feel like the responsibilities get mixed up there.
We're not equivalent to payrolled employees. We're volunteers. Anyone can make the argument that we should become payrolled, of course, but that isn't the current situation we're dealing with here right at this moment. At the moment, you all believe us volunteers should be paid. I'm asking "What is stopping you?" If it's because you don't feel like it's your responsibility to pay us anything, despite the fact that ultimately we are providing you- the members- with a service, then just say that?
she's so dense

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3784 on: October 15, 2021, 12:28:44 AM »
 :bow :bow :bow cerium :bow2 :bow2 :bow2 turned out to be the hero we all deserve  :lawd

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3785 on: October 15, 2021, 12:31:03 AM »
Better yet: https://ko-fi.com/nepenthe87577

ResetEra's no-nonsense Administrator and biggest Lúcio fan. This Ko-Fi is specifically for the members to acknowledge my time and effort into helping make ResetEra an inclusive gaming forum with direct donations. Each tip gives me the coffee I need to process all of the report queues efficiently and is genuinely appreciated!
Nepenthe
2 mins ago
Psst! Hey! Hey you! Did you also know this page is helping support a Black creative? Yes indeed! If empathy and progressive ambitions sound right up your alley, then what are you waiting for?

Because when I think "Nepenthe" I think "empathy"

What, are you a yt baby or something?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3786 on: October 15, 2021, 12:31:54 AM »
And you just now the next time a crisis rolls around they'll all go "we are VOLUNTEER workers!!! We're doing this all of this for free and you're so mean!! I've spent three years in a mental asylum after I was a mod for one week!"  :'(

benjipwns

« Reply #3787 on: October 15, 2021, 12:38:58 AM »
If I were properly payrolled yes. But... I'm not. I'm a volunteer. If you want me to be payrolled, that is a different discussion for the long haul, and it's not a discussion I am above having. But right now you all are asking volunteers to be compensated.... Like...volunteer has a very specific definition.

The entire argument also underscores the fact that staff really aren't being listened to. What we want most is for our members to just treat us more kindly.

That's it.

That's all we want.

Never forget:
Quote from: BrunoMB
The fact somebody like Nepenthe is still an administrator says it all about that place.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3788 on: October 15, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »
Quote from: Nepnethe
If I were properly payrolled yes. But... I'm not. I'm a volunteer. If you want me to be payrolled, that is a different discussion for the long haul, and it's not a discussion I am above having. But right now you all are asking volunteers to be compensated.... Like...volunteer has a very specific definition.

The entire argument also underscores the fact that staff really aren't being listened to. What we want most is for our members to just treat us more kindly.

That's it.

That's all we want.

Have the mods ever considered to.... treat the community more kindly? You don't establish kind relations by banning folks for the most harmless shit

The funny part is that the ones who put such a toll on them are their protected communities like trans-era. If they'd kick out every entitled shit their jobs would be so much easier.

benjipwns

« Reply #3789 on: October 15, 2021, 12:43:09 AM »
I love how all the current and former staff turned a site-wide agreement over "the mods should have been paid by Cerium" into not only a debate over the merits but now an active effort to blame the users for the staff's woes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3790 on: October 15, 2021, 12:46:32 AM »
as admin, nep has a responsibility to pay the users for all the content and data they provide every day, for free, to the great hosts over at MOBA NATION
Uncle

remy

« Reply #3791 on: October 15, 2021, 12:46:35 AM »
I love how all the current and former staff turned a site-wide agreement over "the mods should have been paid by Cerium" into not only a debate over the merits but now an active effort to blame the users for the staff's woes

I have no doubt cerium encouraged the mods' adversarial relationship to the users to keep the proletariat fighting amongst themselves

benjipwns

« Reply #3792 on: October 15, 2021, 12:51:50 AM »
Yes, their complete agreement about how there were "discussions" and everyone agreed with Cerium that he should sell for $4.5 million and run is fascinating.

Because of his strong history of being so supportive for his abused into mental illness staff.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3793 on: October 15, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »
Something doesn't add up. I can understand NepNep and Slayven being too stupid to understand that they've been exploited, but for almost all 40-odd to be in denial is absurd (especially in the face of the almost universal outrage from the community.

Something sus is going on and i am pretty sure it will come out eventually.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:00:01 AM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #3794 on: October 15, 2021, 01:01:26 AM »
WARNING DO NOT OPEN
Nah, no one gets to decide that except hardware owners and manufacturers, who actually invest money into the products that they own, make the decision on who they SHOULD play with and against using that hardware.

Console owners (who have spent money and bought consoles as their primary choice of getting third party games for an entire generation, and not just as just an exclusive device which they like or a multiplayer game device for people who don't have players on their preferred platform, eg: CoD's, FIFA's, Fighting Games and numerous other games in various genre) ARE the ONLY people who SHOULD speak on which other platforms their consoles SHOULD crossplay with, and it's a resounding YES from the entire console-only community for CONSOLE-ONLY-CROSSPLAY.

This cheating issue seems to be incredibly high in certain games on PC, and Warzone is one of them, it's not even that much of a problem if the dev is active enough and their anti-cheat is strong, despite this leak and the code being reverse engineered. Same situation with Battlefield with the recent leak. Both these publishers will be fine, just like Valve are with CSGO.

The people on console who use cheats as a way of arguing to avoid PC crossplay are miniscule, even if there might be some on this thread. The vast majority just wants to crossplay only between their own platform, consoles, irrespective of their makers, and it's their (as well as the console manufacturer's prerogative and their right to avoid any other platform as well) absolute right. It's really funny to tell them that they "SHOULDN'T" crossplay between their own consoles if PC doesn't get it.

SONY and NTDO currently have a first party rule that every dev should offer the consumer an option to turn crossplay off.

Going forward, SONY, MSFT and NTDO should (and most probably WILL very soon due to the community feedback that they're getting) go ahead and make a first party rule that PC should be avoided in ALL games that have ANY form of multiplayer, and most importantly (last, current and future gen console hardware), should crossplay between all the console variants wherever possible.

This egregious practice of 3RD party devs exploiting the console playerbase due it's size and sales, and the player injection to PC via "default on full crossplay" and no option to play only with other consoles only via crossplay, is going to be over very soon. Console-only-crossplay is the inevitable future, and there are titles which have started this already.
I may not, but EVERY CONSOLE PLAYER who's main device of gaming is their console (not PC and just buying a console for exclusive games and the MP population of consoles), and have money invested in hardware THEY OWN (NOT YOU), actually do. So, you have absolutely no leg to stand on their right as a consumer.

That's PC's problem about fixing, not the console player's or the manufacturer's. They don't care if the PC side of things is a cheatfest. They have NO reason to.

Ah, the classic "vote with your wallet" strawman capitalist argument. It doesn't work here, when the easiest solution to this cheating mess is to avoid PC, console-only-crossplay and consoles would only have the tiniest minority of the USB hardware exploiters to face. I've even mentioned in my previous post that PC cheating isn't that much of a problem, and the truth is console players don't even mention that as the cause to kick PC out of the crossplay pool.

So, this "speaking with the wallet" rhetoric is irrelevant to console players, when they can mandate the console manufacturers to avoid PC, and unite ONLY all consoles.

Their MONEY. Their HARDWARE. Their PLAYGROUND. Their RULES. YOU can't do ANYTHING about it, if the console players demand and the makers make a FIRST PARTY RULE to AVOID PC and ONLY CROSSPLAY CONSOLES sometime in the near future.

That's exactly why PC should be removed, because ALL console-ONLY players want them to be removed, which is why the console makers will listen to their loyal consumers who invest in their hardware generation after generation and they are the entire majority who speak for themselves that they don't want PC in the mix, than the tiny handful combination of PC players AND multiplatform players who have PC as their main platform as well as play on console for exclusive software, plus multiplayer games because the console base being large, which the 3RD party devs exploit the majority of the console players with player injection from console to PC to keep their PC games alive.

No need for ANY diplomacy here, since the situation is very simple. Console doesn't need PC crossplay at all even if CoD and Warzone weren't Crossplay to any device to begin with. PC NEEDS Console to even survive a single game which is the reason why playlists like Ground War in the main game were MANDATORY CROSSPLAY, or else you can't even play with your own console's playerbase, so that the devs can monetize those tiny pc playerbase).

No need for ANY diplomacy where money is involved from Console consumers who have worked hard to earn it and THEY WHO INVEST THAT MONEY, want the product's manufacturer to give them what THEY wish.
Nope. The console manufacturers do, and the publishers oblige. That's precisely the reason WHY it needs to become a first party rule to avoid PC. NOTHING can be done by the publisher/developer afterwards. When there is enough noise like the Fortnite Crossplay/Cross-save backlash, that (co-incidentally or not) impacted thier stock price, they will notice.

IRRELEVANT.

A CONSOLE-ONLY player has the final say on what other devices their the hardware crossplays with, period.

IRRELEVANT to console players (in this context, Xbox One and Xbox Series), wanting to play ONLY with PlayStation and Nintendo console players.

It is the console consumer's basic right to decide to play with who they want to play with, and if they (the Console players who INVESTED IN THE CONSOLE HARDWARE AND WILL STICK WITH IT FOR 3RD PARTY TITLES FOR AN ENTIRE GENERATION) want to avoid PC players (the people who did NOT INVEST IN XBOX CONSOLE HARDWARE OR 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ON THE XBOX CONSOLES), they will get CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY and it's their choice as a consumer.

Nice way to downplay and once again, strawman as if the console players are thinking of banning crossplay altogether.

For the 11 millionth time, NO.

They embrace it, and have been waiting for generations to happen because, prior to last and current-gen, either of the console maker who was dominant at that time of the market, wouldn't budge, and make excuses using PR. Now their dream is slowly becoming real. They just want it between consoles. Crossplay is a beautiful feature.

Oh, and DC had a colossal number of 4 games to crossplay with PC players. QIIIA and PSO had such backlash from the community before they shutdown servers, so there's your "future".

NVDA don't sell locked console hardware that sells in excess of (cumulatively) 250 MILLION UNITS every generation. SONY/MSFT/NTDO, do.
NVDA don't have a storefront for each of those 250 MILLION+ 'potential' consumers to invest in 1ST Party (full revenue) and well as 3RD Party (30% revenue for EACH title and microtransactions/in-app purchases that follow, in this context, CoD and Warzone) software, whom they can monetize in various ways like subscriptions (GFN isn't tied to RTX Turing or Ampere hardware), and don't have to care about their consumers leaving their storefront/ecosystem or not investing in it anymore. SONY/MSFT/NTDO, do.
NVDA have different avenues in which they can (and they currently are) take their business forward. AI and Enterprise Computing is the core of their business today, unlike the 90's, and it's their future. The GPU business is, day by day, getting smaller, and they won't even care in the near future. It's one of the reasons they purchased Mellanox Technologies sometime ago, and their interest in acquiring ARM Holdings (irrespective of whether it goes through or EU blocks it). SONY and NTDO, don't. Gaming is the core of both these companies' and their business strategies revolve around it. They earn in billions each year in just their storefronts through their royalties. Same stuff for MSFT (minus Gaming only being their business). They all 3, don't want to piss off their 250 MILLION+ consumer base, who gets them BILLIONS in revenue (and operating profits), YoY, all just for PC players who DON'T INVEST IN THEIR CONSOLE HARDWARE, and DON'T INVEST IN THE STOREFRONT TO BUY 3RD PARTY TITLES like in this context, CoD and Warzone, to get them royalties the console players do, which makes the console player's opinion INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT and PC not even worth talking for these companies.

So, YES. How console consumers spend their money, means EVERYTHING to the console manufacturers, to engage their interest in games on console storefronts to gain revenue from 3RD party games like CoD and Warzone, not PC players who are IRRELEVANT to them.

Oh, and your comparison on DLSS, to that of opening up the console playerbase for PC to crossplay with for them to enjoy active MP lobbies, doesn't even make sense and the biggest of your strawmen arguments, so far. Not having DLSS or RT presets in a game, for PC user with RTX hardware, doesn't break their gaming experience, like PC Crossplay does for Console consumers. It's the reason they want PC kicked out, and move forward with CONSOLE-ONLY-CROSSPLAY.

Console playerbase isn't a stock of guinea pigs that the PC platform can use to save it's dying games, and for 3RD party developers to exploit them with PC player injection into console lobbies.

Of course, you're happy on PC, playing against Console players. It isn't about you or your say in the matter, because it's of NO CONCERN to Console makers. It's about the VAST MAJORITY of CONSOLE-ONLY players, to whom they will listen to, and to whom (the CONSOLE-ONLY players and the manufacturers) the playground BELONGS TO.

What and where do your think P2P multiplayer (the majority of online gaming) runs, hmm? The console network live service backend belongs to the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER, where the players are connected to the in-game matchmaking. Even in the unlikely event of a game having it's game logic running on an actual dedicated server (instead of listen servers), where the publisher hires servers around the world and pay for them, the final say is with the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER.

If the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER is getting backlash from it's community, they will waste no time and KICK the publisher's game out of their storefront and stop the publisher from selling their game copies even, let alone monetization. Cyberpunk, though being an SP game, is a recent example. Have community backlas and don't oblige by what the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER says, get KICKED out of their store. Just like Cyberpunk and Fortnite were. So, YES. the playground, the money, the rules, and finally choice definitely belong to the console-only players and console manufacturers, whether you like it or not. Console-only crossplay is the inevitable future.

The topic is about CoD/Warzone, which is a 3RD party game and it's revenue is generated on consoles via their respective storefronts, not via the Battle.net app on PC. PC players in 3RD party multiplayer games don't invest money into CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS' PROPRIETARY LOCKED storefronts. It's precisely why a PC player's opinion on the matter of crossplay on consoles, is of absolutely ZERO IMPORTANCE to CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS and CONSOLE-ONLY consumers.

Show me where I said "all of PC players are cheaters". I haven't in this thread, or ever, not only on this message board, but anywhere you find me online. Reading a post before replying to it, is always recommended.

This is what I wrote previously about the cheating issue on PC, in this thread:

This cheating issue seems to be incredibly high in certain games on PC, and Warzone is one of them, it's not even that much of a problem if the dev is active enough and their anti-cheat is strong, despite this leak and the code being reverse engineered. Same situation with Battlefield with the recent leak. Both these publishers will be fine, just like Valve are with CSGO.

The people on console who use cheats as a way of arguing to avoid PC crossplay are miniscule, even if there might be some on this thread. The vast majority just wants to crossplay only between their own platform, consoles, irrespective of their makers, and it's their (as well as the console manufacturer's prerogative and their right to avoid any other platform as well) absolute right. It's really funny to tell them that they "SHOULDN'T" crossplay between their own consoles if PC doesn't get it.

That's all I've said. Imagining things to suit your argument and posting in bad faith, doesn't help. Only makes you look bad.

Console-only players "having their own control that allows them to ignore OC crossplay" has ALWAYS been the problem, because it doesn't exist (CoD Ground War playlist, Fortnite, Gears 5 all have forced crossplay because PC can't find games otherwise, except Fortnite, all these games which takes literally seconds on console to find a game, even YEARS after their respective launches) or exists as a PR reply to console players, because crossplay in games PC in, are FORCED ON BY DEFAULT by the developer, so that PC can get players to play with, and they absolutely know that Console players won't, out of their way, and turn on PC crossplay. So, YES, a PR tool named "option" isn't enough. Just KICK PC out. It isn't the Console player's responsibility to keep the PC playerbase alive and carry them. Period.

I'm not speaking for everyone at all, for example, I'm not speaking for the PC players who bought consoles for exclusive games, are playing games with PC crossplay on PC, and games without PC crossplay on consoles because of console's population, and want PC to be included in EVERY game so they can avoid console multiplayer altogether.

The console players will speak for themselves, of course, and that is the future - CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY, which is the absolute majority, for which they would be even more glad than you.

Thank you.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #3795 on: October 15, 2021, 01:02:17 AM »
So we are ignoring that the new owner is kind of trashy huh.
Apparently.

I Googled them earlier and was instantly disgusted. I think it's only a matter of time before someone unearths something horrendous about them and THEN sparks will fly. I'm actually surprised no one has started a thread regarding some of the trash (aka Era's "sister sites") they host.
:shh
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:08:15 AM by benjipwns »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3796 on: October 15, 2021, 01:05:38 AM »
Speaking of sus, I have a mate who works in online gambling/casino businesses and I asked if he's ever heard of this Moba Network mob or Bjorn Mannerkvist and he said no, but he had heard of some of their sites/forums.

I asked him if it's likely to be some sort of crypto or NFC front and he said NFC most likely. I don't know enough about that shit to comment, but sounds like you are on the right track Benji.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3797 on: October 15, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »
WARNING DO NOT OPEN
Nah, no one gets to decide that except hardware owners and manufacturers, who actually invest money into the products that they own, make the decision on who they SHOULD play with and against using that hardware.

Console owners (who have spent money and bought consoles as their primary choice of getting third party games for an entire generation, and not just as just an exclusive device which they like or a multiplayer game device for people who don't have players on their preferred platform, eg: CoD's, FIFA's, Fighting Games and numerous other games in various genre) ARE the ONLY people who SHOULD speak on which other platforms their consoles SHOULD crossplay with, and it's a resounding YES from the entire console-only community for CONSOLE-ONLY-CROSSPLAY.

SONY and NTDO currently have a first party rule that every dev should offer the consumer an option to turn crossplay off.

Going forward, SONY, MSFT and NTDO should (and most probably WILL very soon due to the community feedback that they're getting) go ahead and make a first party rule that PC should be avoided in ALL games that have ANY form of multiplayer, and most importantly (last, current and future gen console hardware), should crossplay between all the console variants wherever possible.

This egregious practice of 3RD party devs exploiting the console playerbase due it's size and sales, and the player injection to PC via "default on full crossplay" and no option to play only with other consoles only via crossplay, is going to be over very soon. Console-only-crossplay is the inevitable future, and there are titles which have started this already.
I may not, but EVERY CONSOLE PLAYER who's main device of gaming is their console (not PC and just buying a console for exclusive games and the MP population of consoles), and have money invested in hardware THEY OWN (NOT YOU), actually do. So, you have absolutely no leg to stand on their right as a consumer.

That's PC's problem about fixing, not the console player's or the manufacturer's. They don't care if the PC side of things is a cheatfest. They have NO reason to.

Ah, the classic "vote with your wallet" strawman capitalist argument. It doesn't work here, when the easiest solution to this cheating mess is to avoid PC, console-only-crossplay and consoles would only have the tiniest minority of the USB hardware exploiters to face. I've even mentioned in my previous post that PC cheating isn't that much of a problem, and the truth is console players don't even mention that as the cause to kick PC out of the crossplay pool.

So, this "speaking with the wallet" rhetoric is irrelevant to console players, when they can mandate the console manufacturers to avoid PC, and unite ONLY all consoles.

Their MONEY. Their HARDWARE. Their PLAYGROUND. Their RULES. YOU can't do ANYTHING about it, if the console players demand and the makers make a FIRST PARTY RULE to AVOID PC and ONLY CROSSPLAY CONSOLES sometime in the near future.

That's exactly why PC should be removed, because ALL console-ONLY players want them to be removed, which is why the console makers will listen to their loyal consumers who invest in their hardware generation after generation and they are the entire majority who speak for themselves that they don't want PC in the mix, than the tiny handful combination of PC players AND multiplatform players who have PC as their main platform as well as play on console for exclusive software, plus multiplayer games because the console base being large, which the 3RD party devs exploit the majority of the console players with player injection from console to PC to keep their PC games alive.

No need for ANY diplomacy here, since the situation is very simple. Console doesn't need PC crossplay at all even if CoD and Warzone weren't Crossplay to any device to begin with. PC NEEDS Console to even survive a single game which is the reason why playlists like Ground War in the main game were MANDATORY CROSSPLAY, or else you can't even play with your own console's playerbase, so that the devs can monetize those tiny pc playerbase).

No need for ANY diplomacy where money is involved from Console consumers who have worked hard to earn it and THEY WHO INVEST THAT MONEY, want the product's manufacturer to give them what THEY wish.
Nope. The console manufacturers do, and the publishers oblige. That's precisely the reason WHY it needs to become a first party rule to avoid PC. NOTHING can be done by the publisher/developer afterwards. When there is enough noise like the Fortnite Crossplay/Cross-save backlash, that (co-incidentally or not) impacted thier stock price, they will notice.

IRRELEVANT.

A CONSOLE-ONLY player has the final say on what other devices their the hardware crossplays with, period.

IRRELEVANT to console players (in this context, Xbox One and Xbox Series), wanting to play ONLY with PlayStation and Nintendo console players.

It is the console consumer's basic right to decide to play with who they want to play with, and if they (the Console players who INVESTED IN THE CONSOLE HARDWARE AND WILL STICK WITH IT FOR 3RD PARTY TITLES FOR AN ENTIRE GENERATION) want to avoid PC players (the people who did NOT INVEST IN XBOX CONSOLE HARDWARE OR 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ON THE XBOX CONSOLES), they will get CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY and it's their choice as a consumer.

Nice way to downplay and once again, strawman as if the console players are thinking of banning crossplay altogether.

They embrace it, and have been waiting for generations to happen because, prior to last and current-gen, either of the console maker who was dominant at that time of the market, wouldn't budge, and make excuses using PR. Now their dream is slowly becoming real. They just want it between consoles. Crossplay is a beautiful feature.

Oh, and DC had a colossal number of 4 games to crossplay with PC players. QIIIA and PSO had such backlash from the community before they shutdown servers, so there's your "future".

NVDA don't sell locked console hardware that sells in excess of (cumulatively) 250 MILLION UNITS every generation. SONY/MSFT/NTDO, do.
NVDA don't have a storefront for each of those 250 MILLION+ 'potential' consumers to invest in 1ST Party (full revenue) and well as 3RD Party (30% revenue for EACH title and microtransactions/in-app purchases that follow, in this context, CoD and Warzone) software, whom they can monetize in various ways like subscriptions (GFN isn't tied to RTX Turing or Ampere hardware), and don't have to care about their consumers leaving their storefront/ecosystem or not investing in it anymore. SONY/MSFT/NTDO, do.
NVDA have different avenues in which they can (and they currently are) take their business forward. AI and Enterprise Computing is the core of their business today, unlike the 90's, and it's their future. The GPU business is, day by day, getting smaller, and they won't even care in the near future. It's one of the reasons they purchased Mellanox Technologies sometime ago, and their interest in acquiring ARM Holdings (irrespective of whether it goes through or EU blocks it). SONY and NTDO, don't. Gaming is the core of both these companies' and their business strategies revolve around it. They earn in billions each year in just their storefronts through their royalties. Same stuff for MSFT (minus Gaming only being their business). They all 3, don't want to piss off their 250 MILLION+ consumer base, who gets them BILLIONS in revenue (and operating profits), YoY, all just for PC players who DON'T INVEST IN THEIR CONSOLE HARDWARE, and DON'T INVEST IN THE STOREFRONT TO BUY 3RD PARTY TITLES like in this context, CoD and Warzone, to get them royalties the console players do, which makes the console player's opinion INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT and PC not even worth talking for these companies.

So, YES. How console consumers spend their money, means EVERYTHING to the console manufacturers, to engage their interest in games on console storefronts to gain revenue from 3RD party games like CoD and Warzone, not PC players who are IRRELEVANT to them.

Oh, and your comparison on DLSS, to that of opening up the console playerbase for PC to crossplay with for them to enjoy active MP lobbies, doesn't even make sense and the biggest of your strawmen arguments, so far. Not having DLSS or RT presets in a game, for PC user with RTX hardware, doesn't break their gaming experience, like PC Crossplay does for Console consumers. It's the reason they want PC kicked out, and move forward with CONSOLE-ONLY-CROSSPLAY.

Console playerbase isn't a stock of guinea pigs that the PC platform can use to save it's dying games, and for 3RD party developers to exploit them with PC player injection into console lobbies.

Of course, you're happy on PC, playing against Console players. It isn't about you or your say in the matter, because it's of NO CONCERN to Console makers. It's about the VAST MAJORITY of CONSOLE-ONLY players, to whom they will listen to, and to whom (the CONSOLE-ONLY players and the manufacturers) the playground BELONGS TO.

What and where do your think P2P multiplayer (the majority of online gaming) runs, hmm? The console network live service backend belongs to the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER, where the players are connected to the in-game matchmaking. Even in the unlikely event of a game having it's game logic running on an actual dedicated server (instead of listen servers), where the publisher hires servers around the world and pay for them, the final say is with the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER.

If the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER is getting backlash from it's community, they will waste no time and KICK the publisher's game out of their storefront and stop the publisher from selling their game copies even, let alone monetization. Cyberpunk, though being an SP game, is a recent example. Have community backlas and don't oblige by what the CONSOLE MANUFACTURER says, get KICKED out of their store. Just like Cyberpunk and Fortnite were. So, YES. the playground, the money, the rules, and finally choice definitely belong to the console-only players and console manufacturers, whether you like it or not. Console-only crossplay is the inevitable future.

The topic is about CoD/Warzone, which is a 3RD party game and it's revenue is generated on consoles via their respective storefronts, not via the Battle.net app on PC. PC players in 3RD party multiplayer games don't invest money into CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS' PROPRIETARY LOCKED storefronts. It's precisely why a PC player's opinion on the matter of crossplay on consoles, is of absolutely ZERO IMPORTANCE to CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS and CONSOLE-ONLY consumers.

Show me where I said "all of PC players are cheaters". I haven't in this thread, or ever, not only on this message board, but anywhere you find me online. Reading a post before replying to it, is always recommended.

That's all I've said. Imagining things to suit your argument and posting in bad faith, doesn't help. Only makes you look bad.

Console-only players "having their own control that allows them to ignore OC crossplay" has ALWAYS been the problem, because it doesn't exist (CoD Ground War playlist, Fortnite, Gears 5 all have forced crossplay because PC can't find games otherwise, except Fortnite, all these games which takes literally seconds on console to find a game, even YEARS after their respective launches) or exists as a PR reply to console players, because crossplay in games PC in, are FORCED ON BY DEFAULT by the developer, so that PC can get players to play with, and they absolutely know that Console players won't, out of their way, and turn on PC crossplay. So, YES, a PR tool named "option" isn't enough. Just KICK PC out. It isn't the Console player's responsibility to keep the PC playerbase alive and carry them. Period.

I'm not speaking for everyone at all, for example, I'm not speaking for the PC players who bought consoles for exclusive games, are playing games with PC crossplay on PC, and games without PC crossplay on consoles because of console's population, and want PC to be included in EVERY game so they can avoid console multiplayer altogether.

The console players will speak for themselves, of course, and that is the future - CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY, which is the absolute majority, for which they would be even more glad than you.

Thank you.
[close]

That's a LOT of really IMPORTANT words!!!
Spud

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3798 on: October 15, 2021, 01:07:47 AM »
I feel bad for the mods.

We knew the mods were stupid but now it's clear cerium has been strategically exploiting the distinguished
:O

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3799 on: October 15, 2021, 01:08:17 AM »
Thanks Benji, I opened and now my brain hurts.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3800 on: October 15, 2021, 01:08:24 AM »
Spud

remy

« Reply #3801 on: October 15, 2021, 01:10:03 AM »
Cerium told the mods to do damage control and they can have some of the last 1 milly when the deal completely goes through.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3802 on: October 15, 2021, 01:10:07 AM »
TFW bire mods make as much per user as resetera mods, and they can’t even link to daddy neogaf properly.

Actually, I got a gift basket from Demi.  :patel
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3803 on: October 15, 2021, 01:14:31 AM »
TFW bire mods make as much per user as resetera mods, and they can’t even link to daddy neogaf properly.

Actually, I got a gift basket from Demi.  :patel

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3804 on: October 15, 2021, 01:15:21 AM »
$$$
amazing, so does he have to split it with anyone or does he have sole stakes

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3805 on: October 15, 2021, 01:15:31 AM »
Cerium told the mods to do damage control and they can have some of the last 1 milly when the deal completely goes through.
Please be true. I can't wait to see NepNep's "fuck you, got mine" post as she runs out the door.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #3806 on: October 15, 2021, 01:16:08 AM »
Ok this is pretty ridiculous.

The reason this place makes half a mil a year is precisely because of its members (us) being active here. The reason Isamu Fukui made a cool 4.55 million was precisely because of its members being active here and the new owner feels they can continue to profit from active members.

If people are suggesting that mods get paid is because the powers that be (that are profiteering from its members) should be sharing some of its wealth.

Now you're trying some type of flip the script and suggest that the very people whom are providing all the profits also be the ones to pay you.

Get the fuck out of here with that.
eeeeeek

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3807 on: October 15, 2021, 01:16:48 AM »
reresetera

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #3808 on: October 15, 2021, 01:17:05 AM »

She really can't see the difference between being paid fair compensation for a job and aggressively pan handing the users?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-65#post-75257046
Quote from: MaulerX
Ok this is pretty ridiculous.

The reason this place makes half a mil a year is precisely because of its members (us) being active here. The reason Isamu Fukui made a cool 4.55 million was precisely because of its members being active here and the new owner feels they can continue to profit from active members.

If people are suggesting that mods get paid is because the powers that be (that are profiteering from its members) should be sharing some of its wealth.

Now you're trying some type of flip the script and suggest that the very people whom are providing all the profits also be the ones to pay you.

Get the fuck out of here with that.

You gotta be quick to beat Benji. :lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:21:33 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

remy

« Reply #3809 on: October 15, 2021, 01:17:58 AM »
Can't wait to see the mods dig their way out of this one and not further obliterate the miniscule amount of respect they have from their userbase  8)

benjipwns

« Reply #3810 on: October 15, 2021, 01:19:17 AM »
$$$
he bought out everyone else years ago for very little

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3811 on: October 15, 2021, 01:20:41 AM »
Holy fucking hell, too many tabs.
OBE

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3812 on: October 15, 2021, 01:21:42 AM »
$$$
he bought out everyone else years ago for very little

amazing, 4 years for 4.5 million (or whatever)
fucking bag secured

benjipwns

« Reply #3813 on: October 15, 2021, 01:25:24 AM »
WARNING DO NOT OPEN

IRRELEVANT.

Thank you.
[close]
LOL CURSED HISTORY
User Banned (2 Weeks): Extreme platform warring and multiple attempts at antagonizing other members

Absolutely agree with you 1000%, OP. You represent 99.99% of the console playerpool (who are not here, nor do they post anywhere online) when you say this.

The ONLY group of people who benefit from PC/Console crossplay are players on PC. They leech the console userbase and survive their otherwise soon-to-be-dead game from launch (like they usually do for "most" new AAA games and indies), thanks to the influx of console players.

Console playerbase gets ZERO advantage from PC. It's a one way street. If PC wants crossplay from consoles, the BARE MINIMUM requirement to even consider for crossplay (yet, still not allowed for genre like shooters) should be bringing in equal number of players as much as consoles, not leeching from them and pretending to be "increasing the player population" if all you're bringing in are 17 players on PC and 170,000 on console. 17 players is not "increasing the population", you're leeching them to stay alive on yours and pretending to present a lie in an argument, to be a significant part of contributing to help the playerbase grow, when being merely a hair strand.

Battlefield is a traditional PC franchise (one that sells multiple folds on consoles though) that can stand on it's own on PC for it's survival in MP, but generally (on average) the ratio is as such.

Games made by Valve/Blizzard + viral games which have evolved through mods and favorites of stream monsters (DayZ, PUBG, Fortnite etc.), F2P titles that have stellar support and titles which have a PC centric legacy (like Battlefield, SIMS, Football manager etc) will always have a sustainable playerbase/DAU/MAU count on PC. The rest of the existing and upcoming "PAID" titles suffer the same fate they have in the past - die within days, if not, weeks within launch, when they thrive on console. It's been happening for decades. It's nothing new.

This new practice of crossplay this past generation, has all these entitled PC brats, demanding consoles be open to crossplay with them and send death threats to console manufacturers if they don't. The console manufacturers are merely helping your platform, out of pity of your platform dying. They don't owe you shit. Their platform. THEIR RULES. You don't get to make demands to people to help you. You "ask", nicely. They deny, for ANY reason.

Your (PC player) voice is IRRELEVANT to console players or the manufacturer. In fact, PC crossplay brings in significant disadvantages (apart from the IRREFUTABLE HARDWARE ADVANTAGES that PC has over consoles, even the new consoles, that makes them laughable as platforms) and one of the main ones is aggressive aim assist/bullet magnetism. Take titles like CoD, from 2019's MW (and Warzone) and the skill ceiling of the already low console version (due to the limits of the turn speed of a controller analog stick and it's deadzones) of CoD's are even lowered by these techniques, all to please a handful of special snowflakes on PC who don't have players to play with, and so that these devs could attract those handful of PC players and monetize them.

ResetEra is a primarily a privileged, ELITIST PC Gaming forum, who happen to have consoles as their secondary platform or leftover boxes used for exclusives. If you voice your opinions here as a primarily console only player, you will be insulted with lies, your skill in videogames and disingenuous trash that you haven't said, implied or be flooded with social media shenanigans, like they usually do. Be prepared for death threats for starting this thread, as you should, from these "gAmErZ rIzE uP!!!" kind.

Crossplay SHOULD ALWAYS BE ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. PC crossplay with consoles, should not even exist, IN ANY GENRE, (particularly fighting games and shooters, going forward into this generation) if it does, it should ALWAYS BE OPT-IN. I cannot even imagine what would happen in the age of HFR fighting games where their game logic runs at 120FPS. Though I don't believe (or I'm not sure) that Samurai Shodown's recent update for the XSX and PC (EGS) runs it's logic at 120FPS, the trend for future FG's is inevitable. Majors will start having 120FPS as "tournament settings".

And like clockwork, the PC warriors flood the thread with disingenuous bad faith arguments in the lines of "oH nOeZ b-B-b-BuT wHaT bOuT mUh fReNz tHo!!!" to hide the real reason why they WANT crossplay - USUAL LOW SALES = USUAL LOW ACTIVE PLAYERBASE. All of a sudden console players are now "friends". How convenient. Ask your playerbase to BUY THE GAME in the millions like console players (not in the hundreds), instead of crossplay begging in a console thread, dear trolls.

By default, Console Crossplay should be forced, no arguments there from the OP and PC should not even be considered. Give them an inch, they take a mile. No need for ANY explanation. They don't own the console platform, nor do the developers/publishers.

Devs take console manufacturers for granted and do it because they have forums like ERA and 4CHAN on their side to push the PC crossplay propaganda, or they will cause another Fortnite situation where SONY's stocks dropped following media uproar on SONY blocking Cross-progression and Crossplay (CITATION NEEDED ON WHETHER THIS WAS THE DIRECT REASON FOR THE DROP), so they (devs/pubs) think they can continue this forced PC crossplay cancer, down the throats of console consumers without any backlash because most console players don't even use forums/message boards or most forms of social media, to pretend that they took their opinions in.

They (the devs) know for a fact that, if they leave crossplay on, the vast majority of the console players (IN ALL GAMES ACROSS ALL GENRE) won't turn it off or even go into the settings for starters. It's precisely the reason, all these PC trolls are wanting forced PC crossplay by default or "opt-out crossplay" while they throw their bad faith "iTz aN oPtIoN bRo!!!" arguments. Having console-only crossplay by default, and PC as "opt-in" is an "OPTION" too.

The developers want to use the console playerpool as guinea pigs to serve their ambitions (player engagement = monetization opportunities) on expanding the PC base, as they're guaranteed that their game won't die on PC if they crossplay with consoles. They will lie to your face like it's tuesday, on how all the versions are "equal".

SONY/MSFT/NTDO should force the 3RD party developers to crossplay ONLY BETWEEN CONSOLES, period. Don't ever consider PC. This is the ONLY solution. Console maker's priority SHOULD ALWAYS be on their own console playerbase, especially in 3RD party games. The console manufacturers get ZERO REVENUE from 3RD party titles sold on PC, and even if they do in some miraculous circumstance such as the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative, it's not the Xbox Console Player's problem. If the PC population dies, like they usually do, they die. It's THEIR problem. Not console's.

CONSOLE-ONLY CROSSPLAY is the ONLY future of crossplay, whether PC gamers like it or they don't. It's not their call. It's call of the rightful owner of the console who spent their hard earned money on their boxes and pays a yearly sub fee to play exclusively with other console players, or the console manufacturer, who gets 3RD party royalty from the pubs who publish their software on their platform, that get to make the final decision.

PC players are merely spectators in the issue of crossplay. Your opinions are INVALID for console hardware and console manufacturer's 3RD party royalty income, your spent $0 on. Check your feelings, take the L and jog on.
[close]

Trojita

« Reply #3814 on: October 15, 2021, 01:28:23 AM »

:teehee

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3815 on: October 15, 2021, 01:35:22 AM »
I refuse to believe there isn't some sort of under the table deal where specific mods/admins are going to get a payout once the next payment hits.

No chance in hell these so-called "socialists" are just going to watch this filthy cunt walk away with $4.5 million and not get their share and no way they go into bat this hard for the same cunt and their new Swedish slave master without some sort of reward.

If I'm wrong, then they actually are as fucking dumb as I always thought.
Spud

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #3816 on: October 15, 2021, 01:35:46 AM »
Benji might be my favorite shitposter ever :tauntaun
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #3817 on: October 15, 2021, 01:36:26 AM »
Benji, have you considered a tip jar?
hey

benjipwns

« Reply #3818 on: October 15, 2021, 01:36:54 AM »
I refuse to believe there isn't some sort of under the table deal where specific mods/admins are going to get a payout once the next payment hits.
Found your guys joint account:
Yep, super weird dynamic. Almost wonder if a couple of the Admins are in on the grift and are trying to downplay it so the ones not in on it don't bail.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3819 on: October 15, 2021, 01:40:45 AM »
Found your guys joint account:
Yep, super weird dynamic. Almost wonder if a couple of the Admins are in on the grift and are trying to downplay it so the ones not in on it don't bail.
Honestly, this is the first time I've really wanted an account since I was permed
Spud

« Reply #3820 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:33 AM »
Quote from: K' Dash
Nephente: fuck you, give me money.

What an embarrassing, pathetic show.
First of all, you could at least copy and paste my name if you couldn't be fucked to spell it right.

Second of all, I just donated the money to a worthy cause. Y'all can continue being mad. Good night!
Quote from: K' Dash
I don't care enough about you to spell your "name" correctly, in fact, I didn't even know who you were until I saw off-site that you were trying to get the community to give you money and felt the need to tell you what a pathetic move that is.

Good night!

I have no idea if this guy is lying about not knowing who Nepenthe is, but it's kind of a funny illustration that there's a giant chunk of the site that won't rise up, even if the most prominent of the admins left, because the staff is so fucking huge nobody knows who half of them are. Plus I have to assume the forum is way more fun if you never end up in places that burn certain staff's existence into your brain.

benjipwns

« Reply #3821 on: October 15, 2021, 01:43:46 AM »
Cerium bought out the other partners as early as he could to consolidate everything under his control, then he found a sucker from his PoliGAF/ERA circles to manage everything so he didn't even have to pay any attention to the forum, why would he pay any of the jannies now when they've been running interference for him for free for four years?

This is discounting the legions of posters who are currently running interference for both the staff and Cerium over him getting $4.5 million all for himself.

benjipwns

« Reply #3822 on: October 15, 2021, 01:47:49 AM »
You got me unbanned from NeoGAF.com, I got myself rebanned.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #3823 on: October 15, 2021, 01:50:56 AM »
You got me unbanned from NeoGAF.com, I got myself rebanned.
:salute

Thread was moving so fast I missed that. Godspeed, benji senpai.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:57:59 AM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3824 on: October 15, 2021, 02:01:51 AM »
I look forward to every time there being a thread about unions, minimum wage etc, someone will comment "the employees are better off without raises so they get the satisfaction of helping the community"
:O

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #3825 on: October 15, 2021, 02:06:04 AM »
Finally caught up and good lord NepNep not taking any crap from users.   :noah :dsp

Vertigo

« Reply #3826 on: October 15, 2021, 02:09:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75257625

Quote from: tusharngf,
Transistor should get paid. Dude moderated the toxic console hardware launch threads a year ago !!!

Lol the one mod whose the main reason gaming side is in such a shambles, as he instigated and allowed a ton of the console war nonsense before the hardware reveals. Always pro Sony of course.

Who can remember he supported and pushed Kleegamefan​s fantasy PS5 specs for months until he was proven to be a fraud.

:lol

Yulwei

« Reply #3827 on: October 15, 2021, 02:11:44 AM »

No chance in hell these so-called "socialists" are just going to watch this filthy cunt walk away with $4.5 million and not get their share and no way they go into bat this hard for the same cunt and their new Swedish slave master without some sort of reward.

If I'm wrong, then they actually are as fucking dumb as I always thought.

Cerium could dole out 10k a piece to those 40 (FOURTY) moderators of his and he'd still make out like a bandit. The fact that these people were too chickenshit to speak up for themselves is just sad and shows how utterly pathetic they are. Act like petty fief lords as forum janitors but be too pussy to demand scraps from a 4.5 million dollar deal, brehs.

Borealis

« Reply #3828 on: October 15, 2021, 02:27:41 AM »
This is too good, admins and mods (now proven to be the same unpaid "working" class under Cerium) attempting damage control.

:aweshum

MOBA will get my tick of approval if they crack down on "dismissing representation", "metacommentary" or "previous severe infractions" bullshit and send these jannies squirming.

I mean seriously, no well adjusted moderation group uses these excuses to drop bans on posters they clearly dislike or are afraid of providing some counter to the asylum antics, bunch of skinless cowards haha.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3829 on: October 15, 2021, 02:34:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-65#post-75257607

Quote from: Apathy
Hilarious to see the l mods clown over themselves to defend not getting something for the work they do. This isn't a non-profit, in fact it's made a nice profit. You don't need to defend the factory owner. Volunteering for a non profit is great, volunteering for a place that actually makes profit is just mind blowing.

We, the people that generate the value, are saying you should get something and y'all just happy to defend not getting shit. Moreover fighting against us saying we should be paying you instead of the guy that just made off with 4 years worth of cash plus a payout of the giant corp that now owns this place.
:hesright
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3830 on: October 15, 2021, 02:36:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-65#post-75257769

Quote from: Kenstar
I pray every mod continues to never gets a single cent as per their wishes🙏

OBE

benita

« Reply #3831 on: October 15, 2021, 02:44:04 AM »
https://ko-fi.com/post/Change-of-Plans-G2G46LEP2

In the beginning, I was feeling like a pretty crafty scoundrel for having the gall to ask directly for tips for my moderation duties, and ultimately intended on using the money for crafting supplies I desperately need in the next couple of months.

But then I had a change of heart. I dunno; just felt weird to act so frivolously with money that I ultimately gained to prove a meaningless Internet point. So I decided to put it to some good.

I ultimately wanted to give it to my friends of BrazilEra. They've been so kind and patient with me as I try (and hilariously fail) to learn Portuguese and understand life in their country, but I was quickly ignored and ultimately turned to charity (my second idea). Specifically, I was led to CUFA. They are a Black-founded organization dedicated to the social restoration and development in Brazil's favelas: http://cufa.org.br/

All of the money I earned up until the point of receiving this link has gone to them, as will all of the money that I receive in this specific Ko-Fi account going forward. Literally all of it. The life and struggles of the favelados is one of many issues close to my heart, so this is the perfect opportunity I feel to try and give back to them.

Thank you to everyone who has donated! You're rockstars!

Meltdown compete.

Wonder how many "what the fuck are you doing" PMs from her fellow mods prompted this.

Yulwei

« Reply #3832 on: October 15, 2021, 02:45:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-65#post-75257769

Quote from: Kenstar
I pray every mod continues to never gets a single cent as per their wishes🙏

:sabu :sabu :sabu :mynicca

remy

« Reply #3833 on: October 15, 2021, 02:56:02 AM »

This whole thing was so fucking bizarre lmao. I'm sure she meant it as an own. but it completely went under the radar. thanks for showing everyone how dedicated you are to not being paid for work?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3834 on: October 15, 2021, 03:17:09 AM »
I have to assume the forum is way more fun if you never end up in places that burn certain staff's existence into your brain.

Nah, we're like the Amazon xray of forum reading;
 "Where do I know that name from again?"
 *checks bore*
 "Oh yeah, they posted a flippant Simpson's gif about someone's public mental breakdown right before their suicide was discovered"

benjipwns

« Reply #3835 on: October 15, 2021, 03:20:17 AM »
The more I look into this company the weirder it is.

The forums aren't just dead, everything is. The sites, the Twitter accounts, etc. One of the Twitter accounts for their "major" sites has all of 17 followers. Their Warframe site has 415 followers and hasn't tweeted since 2019 and then it was only RT'ing the official Warframe Twitter account anyway.

The YouTube network they supposedly bought in May, you can't find shit about it online except from when it was owned by Twitch, which was five years ago and anything after that is people talking about how they left and think it's shutting down. Until it skips a couple years and then MOBA buys it from another company.

They announced a new website in June: https://www.creator1.com/
With the new offer, M.O.B.A. Network will meet the growing demand for so called influencer-marketing through content creators in marketing campaigns. Influencer-marketing has grown considerably during the last few years, among other things, due to its capacity to reach audiences on important platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.

The new company Creator1 simplifies the administration and increases the proceeds for affiliated content creators by taking care of external companies’ requests and the organization of campaigns and promotions. By using Creator1’s services, content creators will be able to entirely focus on creating and delivering high quality content to their audiences.

In the middle of May 2021 M.O.B.A. Network acquired the American company Magic Find which, amongst other things, is a leading actor in streaming of games on YouTube. With this transformative acquisition, M.O.B.A. Network moved into the vertical streaming.
Creator1 will also work closely with the business area M.O.B.A. Services, which develops partnerships, brand integrations, and sponsorships. By taking advantage of M.O.B.A. Services sales infrastructure, the UFG-network can quickly increase access to potential customers and sponsors. M.O.B.A. Services will also broaden its offering by the ability to offer access to the most highly sought-after platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Twitter.
”M.O.B.A. Network has quickly created a significant position within influencer-marketing through the content creators we have at our disposal within gaming and e-sports, two globally big and strongly growing areas”, says Björn Mannerqvist, CEO of M.O.B.A. Network. “With Creator1 and the acquisition of Magic Find we have also created new revenue streams which complement our market leading communities within gaming. We have demonstrated that M.O.B.A. Network continues to purposefully deliver on it’s effective growth strategy.”

Okay, great, right?

But I search for Creator1 and get YouTube and it's this:
Quote from: [youtube]UC-NnlDwJnD[/youtube]
Hi, i am 14 and i love Marvel, Minecraft, Fortnite and many more!
https://discord.gg/YeRMARBW Discord Server!
Twitch: creat0r1
And Check Out My Other Channels! : Creat0r2 and Create 0r Your Short

There's like literally zero web presence for anything MOBA Network owns. All of their websites are barebones. None of them have real About or Jobs or Press pages, they're just links to e-mails.

They claim in their reporting documents that mobafire.com generates 80% of their traffic and LoL sites in their group account for 95% of their traffic. The mobafire Twitter has barely over 4000 followers and pretty much no engagement.

This is from a company report from a year ago, ignore any weird language as I believe it's translated from Swedish:
Development of existing communities
To maintain the interest for and increase the number of visitors in a community, analyzes are made of visitors’ behaviors, visitor frequency, and posts. Based on these studies, the development of functionality and the use of appropriate marketing measures are defined. External marketing is mainly done through other online forums such as Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. The Company’s communities are also followed by several ambassadors; people
who mention the Company’s websites in their channels such as blogs and Twitter feeds.

This is the "new" part of their company they're pushing:
M.O.B.A. Services
M.O.B.A. can also sell the ads inventory, without an intermediary, directly to the advertisers, which could bring in considerable higher fees per ad. We believe the fees could be 5-10 times higher with direct sales and should offer substantial profitability improvement potential as the business scale. However, direct sales require in-house resources as well as a large enough ads inventory to make it worth investing in an in-house sales team.

The Programmatic sales were heavily impacted by the Corona Crisis, while the traffic volumes to its websites have increased considerably. Therefore, the company has expanded its focus towards direct sales by adding the new Service segment with a focus on direct sales and partnerships. The company´s organization is strengthened with Peter Lindberg as “Head of Direct Sales & Partnerships” (See the section “Management team” below for further
information about Peter Lindberg and the management).

The task is to establish direct partnerships with companies that want exposure to M.O.B.A.´s growing target group. It could be through advertising, sponsorship, native partnerships, or other potential partnerships where M.O.B.A. can capitalize on its attractive user base. We believe that timing is right to increase the focus towards direct sales, which has already resulted in a substantial improvement in sales at the start of the third quarter. The Service segment will most likely develop new services in the future with i.e. rich media, different partnerships, and perhaps new products.

M.O.B.A. has stated a clear M&A strategy where it looks for additional acquisitions like the one of CriticalClick, where operations are not commercialized or optimized. In general, we believe it would be more “hobby” driven communities or websites with a focus on gaming/Esports related games. With the considerable current exposure towards the League of Legends game, we expect any acquisition to have low exposure towards that game, to
lower the dependency risk
Furthermore, the communities offer substantial amounts of user content as well as network effects. User content is both cheap, as it requires limited rescores from the company, and attractive from an SEO perspective.
The community also creates network effects as the community grows in the number of users and the amount of relevant content. The community´s attractiveness will become more significant as it increases in size, creating considerable moats if it becomes one of the leading communities within its game niche
Furthermore, we note that none of the sites/communities released after Mobafire.com has yet grown to a size that impacts the group’s overall traffic substantially.
We then compared traffic data to revenues, as illustrated below. The companies we looked at include several major services (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter). We also added several smaller community-focused companies that are gaming, sports, and Esports-related (Enthusiast Gaming, Everysport Media Group, and HLTV.org). Enthusiast Gaming owns over 100 gaming-related sites and communities. Everysport Media Group owns several sportsrelated sites and communities. HLTV.org is an Esports-related community that Better Collective acquired earlier in 2020.

The graphs below show that M.O.B.A. is in line with other gaming-related communities, such as Enthusiast Gaming and HLTV.org. Its revenue model is similar to Enthusiast Gaming, while HLTV.org has a significant focus on leads for betting companies. However, we see a huge difference. One reason is that, for example, LinkedIn makes most of its revenues from premium functions and other services, while only around 20% is marketing-related. Facebook, on the other hand, generates close to all its revenues from marketing, which is more like M.O.B.A.´s business model. However, Facebook has much more data and information about
its users, which is very valuable from a marketing perspective.

Like, I guess I'm just wondering. How did Cerium and this company find each other AND decide to do business?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3836 on: October 15, 2021, 03:39:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-67#post-75260049

Quote from: benny
I haven't been active on here a lot, because video games are dead but this situation deserves a "gg" to Cerium, whoever that person is. One wouldn't know because community participation clearly wasn't priority #1.

Conspiracy theories about the real reasons for the ERA split are being fed by this buyout. The corporate PR speak with the "clear fit" and then having it be a company that violates all kinds of things that this forum ostensibly stands for.

Just well done, man.

Now we just need someone to find some twitter posts from the CEO of MOBA that transwomen aren't women and we'll be golden.
:teehee
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3837 on: October 15, 2021, 03:57:39 AM »
The more I look into this company the weirder it is.

The forums aren't just dead, everything is. The sites, the Twitter accounts, etc. One of the Twitter accounts for their "major" sites has all of 17 followers. Their Warframe site has 415 followers and hasn't tweeted since 2019 and then it was only RT'ing the official Warframe Twitter account anyway.

The YouTube network they supposedly bought in May, you can't find shit about it online except from when it was owned by Twitch, which was five years ago and anything after that is people talking about how they left and think it's shutting down. Until it skips a couple years and then MOBA buys it from another company.

They announced a new website in June: https://www.creator1.com/
With the new offer, M.O.B.A. Network will meet the growing demand for so called influencer-marketing through content creators in marketing campaigns. Influencer-marketing has grown considerably during the last few years, among other things, due to its capacity to reach audiences on important platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.

The new company Creator1 simplifies the administration and increases the proceeds for affiliated content creators by taking care of external companies’ requests and the organization of campaigns and promotions. By using Creator1’s services, content creators will be able to entirely focus on creating and delivering high quality content to their audiences.

In the middle of May 2021 M.O.B.A. Network acquired the American company Magic Find which, amongst other things, is a leading actor in streaming of games on YouTube. With this transformative acquisition, M.O.B.A. Network moved into the vertical streaming.
Creator1 will also work closely with the business area M.O.B.A. Services, which develops partnerships, brand integrations, and sponsorships. By taking advantage of M.O.B.A. Services sales infrastructure, the UFG-network can quickly increase access to potential customers and sponsors. M.O.B.A. Services will also broaden its offering by the ability to offer access to the most highly sought-after platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Twitter.
”M.O.B.A. Network has quickly created a significant position within influencer-marketing through the content creators we have at our disposal within gaming and e-sports, two globally big and strongly growing areas”, says Björn Mannerqvist, CEO of M.O.B.A. Network. “With Creator1 and the acquisition of Magic Find we have also created new revenue streams which complement our market leading communities within gaming. We have demonstrated that M.O.B.A. Network continues to purposefully deliver on it’s effective growth strategy.”

Okay, great, right?

But I search for Creator1 and get YouTube and it's this:
Quote from: [youtube]UC-NnlDwJnD[/youtube]
Hi, i am 14 and i love Marvel, Minecraft, Fortnite and many more!
https://discord.gg/YeRMARBW Discord Server!
Twitch: creat0r1
And Check Out My Other Channels! : Creat0r2 and Create 0r Your Short

There's like literally zero web presence for anything MOBA Network owns. All of their websites are barebones. None of them have real About or Jobs or Press pages, they're just links to e-mails.

They claim in their reporting documents that mobafire.com generates 80% of their traffic and LoL sites in their group account for 95% of their traffic. The mobafire Twitter has barely over 4000 followers and pretty much no engagement.

This is from a company report from a year ago, ignore any weird language as I believe it's translated from Swedish:
Development of existing communities
To maintain the interest for and increase the number of visitors in a community, analyzes are made of visitors’ behaviors, visitor frequency, and posts. Based on these studies, the development of functionality and the use of appropriate marketing measures are defined. External marketing is mainly done through other online forums such as Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. The Company’s communities are also followed by several ambassadors; people
who mention the Company’s websites in their channels such as blogs and Twitter feeds.

This is the "new" part of their company they're pushing:
M.O.B.A. Services
M.O.B.A. can also sell the ads inventory, without an intermediary, directly to the advertisers, which could bring in considerable higher fees per ad. We believe the fees could be 5-10 times higher with direct sales and should offer substantial profitability improvement potential as the business scale. However, direct sales require in-house resources as well as a large enough ads inventory to make it worth investing in an in-house sales team.

The Programmatic sales were heavily impacted by the Corona Crisis, while the traffic volumes to its websites have increased considerably. Therefore, the company has expanded its focus towards direct sales by adding the new Service segment with a focus on direct sales and partnerships. The company´s organization is strengthened with Peter Lindberg as “Head of Direct Sales & Partnerships” (See the section “Management team” below for further
information about Peter Lindberg and the management).

The task is to establish direct partnerships with companies that want exposure to M.O.B.A.´s growing target group. It could be through advertising, sponsorship, native partnerships, or other potential partnerships where M.O.B.A. can capitalize on its attractive user base. We believe that timing is right to increase the focus towards direct sales, which has already resulted in a substantial improvement in sales at the start of the third quarter. The Service segment will most likely develop new services in the future with i.e. rich media, different partnerships, and perhaps new products.

M.O.B.A. has stated a clear M&A strategy where it looks for additional acquisitions like the one of CriticalClick, where operations are not commercialized or optimized. In general, we believe it would be more “hobby” driven communities or websites with a focus on gaming/Esports related games. With the considerable current exposure towards the League of Legends game, we expect any acquisition to have low exposure towards that game, to
lower the dependency risk
Furthermore, the communities offer substantial amounts of user content as well as network effects. User content is both cheap, as it requires limited rescores from the company, and attractive from an SEO perspective.
The community also creates network effects as the community grows in the number of users and the amount of relevant content. The community´s attractiveness will become more significant as it increases in size, creating considerable moats if it becomes one of the leading communities within its game niche
Furthermore, we note that none of the sites/communities released after Mobafire.com has yet grown to a size that impacts the group’s overall traffic substantially.
We then compared traffic data to revenues, as illustrated below. The companies we looked at include several major services (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter). We also added several smaller community-focused companies that are gaming, sports, and Esports-related (Enthusiast Gaming, Everysport Media Group, and HLTV.org). Enthusiast Gaming owns over 100 gaming-related sites and communities. Everysport Media Group owns several sportsrelated sites and communities. HLTV.org is an Esports-related community that Better Collective acquired earlier in 2020.

The graphs below show that M.O.B.A. is in line with other gaming-related communities, such as Enthusiast Gaming and HLTV.org. Its revenue model is similar to Enthusiast Gaming, while HLTV.org has a significant focus on leads for betting companies. However, we see a huge difference. One reason is that, for example, LinkedIn makes most of its revenues from premium functions and other services, while only around 20% is marketing-related. Facebook, on the other hand, generates close to all its revenues from marketing, which is more like M.O.B.A.´s business model. However, Facebook has much more data and information about
its users, which is very valuable from a marketing perspective.

Like, I guess I'm just wondering. How did Cerium and this company find each other AND decide to do business?
Also, imagine how sketchy the company that made the other, higher, offer he got was...
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #3838 on: October 15, 2021, 04:01:18 AM »

Thank you to everyone who has donated! You're rockstars!

Meltdown compete.

Wonder how many "what the fuck are you doing" PMs from her fellow mods prompted this.
Since she changed it and posted on ResetERA.com, at least eleven more people have donated.

They probably should have donated to CUFA directly instead of running it through ko-fi and Nepenthe.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3839 on: October 15, 2021, 04:05:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-67#post-75260163

Quote from: Zepp Twofist
Quote from: Cerium
Yes! MOBA Network is not in the user data business and never will be. They're not going to sell your data. Nothing is going to change about how your data is handled and protected.

Company in the ad business is not in the user data business?

That just seems like a poorly run company.
:kermit
OBE