Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1786078 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #22620 on: June 18, 2022, 04:17:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98ready-or-not%E2%80%99-disappears-from-steam-after-adding-tasteless-nightclub-massacre-level-on-anniversary-of-pulse-club-shooting-update-trademark-dispute.597219/page-3#post-88664124

User Banned (1 Month): Excusing homophobia across a series of posts

Quote from: Bastos, post: 88660098, member: 3518
The game is a tactical milsim that tries to simulate with maximum accuracy all possible fucked up situations a SWAT-like team would face.

I don't know what you all were expecting. This kind of shit happens all the time everywhere in the world, there are movies, tv shows, books and whatnot about this, why does a game doing the same generate so much drama?

If absurd realism, including precise depiction of this stuff bothers you, there are A LOT of other FPSes and shooters that are not part of this niche.

There are other games that do the same or worse.

Quote from: Bastos, post: 88664124, member: 3518
afaik the update was only available for the beta branch, it isn't out for everybody, so I really can't say for sure that they did that on purpose. If they did, then I completely agree that it's an absolutely shitty thing to do.

Fair enough. And didn't know that about the new content from ArmA.

I just absolutely love milsims. And like it or not this game is the most complete and feature rich Urban Milsim we have.

I am not American and I had no idea about the existence of this shooting (sorry but shootings are not uncommon in the USA). It's honestly the first time I heard about this specific shooting.

I didn't post in bad faith.

And my arguments are "shitty" because you don't agree with them but ok.

Like I said to Nepenthe, I didn't even knew about this shooting before.

Also, this update is starting to add context to missions, etc.

Another TERF BITCH successfully annihilated  :salute
Where is the excusing of homophobia across a series of posts at?
Didn't you read the post about the prisms and rainbows and that definite, 100% link to pride month you big*t?
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22621 on: June 18, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-joe-biden-falls-off-his-bike-he’s-fine-that’s-pretty-much-it.597567/page-3#post-88689147

Quote from: hobblygobbly, post: 88685388, member: 1512
people hating on pedal clips/straps here wtf lol

they are perfect for helping power transfer and you also don‘t have to wear specific cycling shoes that clip into pedals but just your normal shoes so you can actually walk around and not look like a dumb ass off the bike, and actually it‘s easier to get out of a clip/strap than with cycle shoes

here‘s one of my bikes, my beautiful surly steam roller fixed gear (here in singlespeed conversion) built by myself, with MKS pedals from japan, with straps to the pedals:

(Image removed from quote.)

really common to use straps, i see a ton of people using them here in germany

Quote from: VanWinkle, post: 88689147, member: 2111
did you just post four angles of your bike

:dead
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #22622 on: June 18, 2022, 05:16:37 PM »
"They need to stop catering to white chuds"

"Omg why are the white chuds not watching it??"

(Also in reality I imagine it's how the show is marketed as teen/highschool show that's unappealing, not the skin color)

I think it doesnt help that many people first exposure of Khamala Khan was in that Avengers game. I think she also apperared in some cartoons as a minor character.

Compare that with Miles Morales that starred in a a succesful video game expansion and a Oscar winning animated film.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22623 on: June 18, 2022, 05:17:22 PM »
I understand that some might find it a bit crass or insensitive to release or announce or whatever this is on the anniversary of the actual event (though if we don't assume bad faith we might think they intended a tribute) but I'm still not sure what the homophobia is here or how that poster was somehow excusing it. Should it be verboten to depict events in "gay history" semi-accurately? Especially from the point of view of the rescuers?

I will agree that they probably shouldn't celebrate Juneteenth with a mission where you put your knee on George Floyd's neck that opens with a title card "Bonobo" though. I don't know why they agreed to Frank O'Connor's request for such a mission no matter how annoyingly persistent he was in promising a slot on GamePass if they did.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22624 on: June 18, 2022, 05:33:02 PM »
How many people do you think got that guy confused with Pink Floyd?

Boredfrom

« Reply #22625 on: June 18, 2022, 06:01:01 PM »
Ms. Marvel could also just not be that appealing to a mainstream demographic.

benjipwns

« Reply #22626 on: June 18, 2022, 06:10:04 PM »
Think I'll have a couple of chicken chests for my dinner tomorrow :tocry
I hope you washed those chicken chests before cooking, otherwise r.i.p. in pieces, Pissy F. Benny.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22627 on: June 18, 2022, 06:37:59 PM »
It might be that Ms. Marvel is coming up right after a lukewarm Dr. Strange flick that got wrecked by the Cruise Missile who reminded us all what a real blockbuster looks and feels like.

Not to mention Disney is sort of competing with itself with Obi Wan and a few other shows they seem to be promoting more.
Disney these days reminds me of SEGA after the 16-bit triumph.

I enjoyed the Rescue Rangers movie and some other stuff but I feel like it's the 32x competing against the SEGA CD with the Saturn on the way.
There doesn't seem to be any direction or strategy. Just and endless sea of contentTM.

There's like 3 movies coming out between Dr. Strange (May) and Thor Love & Thunder (July) and that's not counting all the Disney+ TV shows and exclusive movies.

I believe one of those movies is a Toy Story film about Buzz Lightyear? You'd think that it would be a big deal and get some ad space but they barely have room to promote it.

🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #22628 on: June 18, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sesame-street-episode-847-from-1976-margaret-hamilton-wicked-witch-leaked-online.597684/#post-88695318

Quote from: Foot
Haha, the wiki says, “Due to the episode's overwhelmingly poor reception, several additional test screenings were held the following month, although the results were generally inconclusive, with a large portion of the test audience appearing fascinated by the witch, rather than scared, on account of her green face (as, during this period, some families didn't have access to a color TV).”

No one was actually scared, but the complainers were loud enough to get it removed as usual!

:thinking
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 07:32:40 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22629 on: June 18, 2022, 08:26:16 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #22631 on: June 19, 2022, 09:35:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/johnny-depp-jury-finds-that-amber-heard-defamed-him-in-op-ed.590196/page-41#post-88671378

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Concern Trolling in a Sensitive Thread
Quote from: Prax
I don't know of anyone has brought this up, but is anyone legitimately concerned for her baby?

She is a master projector and even though her claim about people threatening to "microwave her baby" is realistic in that people are legit nuts sometimes, the way she chooses what language to use to accuse others or explains herself makes me really uncomfortable for this situation.
OBE

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22632 on: June 19, 2022, 11:56:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-end-of-ninja-turtles-2-is-some-straight-up-bullshit.597495/#post-88674816
I vividly remember seeing this opening weekend and being so freakin excited. I also felt like an adult because we went to a night show which was not normally what we did. My 9 year old self thought the movie was hilarious and I loved how goofy it was.
Boomer parents really don’t like violence in…. Anything really
I remember there being at least two types of boomer parents in the 80s/90s. One who would extremely shelter their kids and wouldn’t let them even watch the Simpsons because “it taught their kids to be disrespectful” (I remember that being a giant WTF when hearing that from other kids), and the other who didn’t give any fucks and let their elementary school aged kids watch Robocop, Terminator, Predator, etc in all their R rated glory endlessly.
:doge

That's so absolutely true. My fiancee wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons growing up but when I was 9, 10 years old I was watching Aliens, T2, Robocop, etc.

Heavy cursing is where my parents drew the line, for some reason. Got my Guns N Roses cassette confiscated for blasting it a little too loud around the house.
^_^

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #22633 on: June 19, 2022, 12:07:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-weird.597771/page-2#post-88713234
User Banned (1 Day): Hey, who am I to not grant such a gracious request
Hecht
look my kinks are niche and yet abundant on twitter
You're part of my kink.

"Ban me like Hecht bans people! OOOOOOO I've been a trolly boy"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22634 on: June 19, 2022, 12:08:00 PM »
My dad wouldn't let me watch any cartoons like Simpsons or Futurama as a kid. Also, he's a racist.

ShutUp

« Reply #22635 on: June 19, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »
I beg some people within this thread to internally ask themselves why seeing the teenage adventures of Kamala Khan makes them think, "This is for teen girls only," while the teenage adventures of Peter Parker is met with, "ah, this is for all ages and genders!"

Because one is fucking Peter Parker/Spider-Man? Perhaps the most popular character in the world? Ask the average person who Kamala is and they’ll probably have no idea. She’s brand new to the general MCU watching crowd that doesn’t follow comics and just watches the movies. Her popularity will spike after the next Captain Marvel movie and people go back and watch the show.

The desperate need over there for the lower viewership to all be because of racism/sexism is nauseating. While that is no doubt a little bit of a factor with some idiots out there, the main reason is because lack of familiarity with the character. Stop comparing her to fucking Spider-Man and thinking it’s some gotcha moment.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22636 on: June 19, 2022, 12:28:29 PM »
I beg some people within this thread to internally ask themselves why seeing the teenage adventures of Kamala Khan makes them think, "This is for teen girls only," while the teenage adventures of Peter Parker is met with, "ah, this is for all ages and genders!"

Because one is fucking Peter Parker/Spider-Man? Perhaps the most popular character in the world? Ask the average person who Kamala is and they’ll probably have no idea. She’s brand new to the general MCU watching crowd that doesn’t follow comics and just watches the movies. Her popularity will spike after the next Captain Marvel movie and people go back and watch the show.

The desperate need over there for the lower viewership to all be because of racism/sexism is nauseating. While that is no doubt a little bit of a factor with some idiots out there, the main reason is because lack of familiarity with the character. Stop comparing her to fucking Spider-Man and thinking it’s some gotcha moment.

Remember when Spider-man was introduced like this?

Why would anyone think the main demographic is teenage girls?  :maf

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22637 on: June 19, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
mahvel capeshit is bitch made to begin with tbf :nothot
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22638 on: June 19, 2022, 12:39:00 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

"OH, YEAH, YOU GUYS MIGHT PLAY A HARRY POTTER GAME (FUCK JOANNE), BUT WHY WON'T YOU PLAY A WIZARDS OF WABERLEY PLACE GAME? RACISTS"

Vertigo

« Reply #22639 on: June 19, 2022, 01:38:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/samba-ms-marvel-has-lowest-viewership-debut-of-mcu-disney-shows-but-is-a-hit-with-gen-z-draws-more-diverse-audience.597534/
A lot of  :crybaby
Well that's sad, and we all know the reason.

Lol at that thread.

For me this show coming on the heels of two mediocre MCU Disney + shows and a not very good Dr Strange movie.

Plus it pretty much from the trailers looks like a teenage superhero show, means my current desire to watch it is low.  The irony is Disney knows that hence why they put it up again Obi Wan.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22640 on: June 19, 2022, 01:41:26 PM »
Can't something just be look shit or unappealing to a large group of people without it being brought into culture warz? :society

Like for reals who'd gonna watch that besides kids and woke paedophiles?
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22641 on: June 19, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
I don't think he should be extradited to the US for the reasons he is
Then what are we even talking about?? The rest is absolute fluff.
User Banned (1 month): trivializing sexual assault, doxxing of LGBTQ+ individuals, and more

Guy points out that any of the things Assange is accused of are irrelevant to why he's being extradited. Gets banned after enough people scream "omg, you called sexual assault fluff"

I don't know why they're so dense

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22642 on: June 19, 2022, 02:33:03 PM »
No one has time to watch Disney shit when the Cruise Missile hits :cruise

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1536952912789876737

Lightyear might've had a lower result in its opening weekend than Top Gun did in its 4th weekend.
They haven't even unleashed Maverick globally yet, today was the premiere in South Korea.
🤴

Averon

« Reply #22643 on: June 19, 2022, 02:42:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/samba-ms-marvel-has-lowest-us-viewership-debut-of-mcu-disney-shows-but-is-a-hit-with-gen-z-draws-more-diverse-audience.597534/page-12#post-88729014

You can't just not like the latest Marvel crap. You have to be a racist, sexist, and Islamophobic chud to not like it. I mean, it might be a decent show, but I--and it looks like a lot of other people--ain't got the time to invest in what looks like teen drama superhero drek Disney pumped out.

Boredfrom

« Reply #22644 on: June 19, 2022, 02:51:59 PM »
A lot of them admit that Marvel shows at Disney Plus are underwhelming to begin with, maybe a lot of people are starting to choose what shows to watch, specially if is not a big name actor or super hero character.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22646 on: June 19, 2022, 02:57:32 PM »
My dad wouldn't let me watch any cartoons like Simpsons or Futurama as a kid. Also, he's a racist.
Well, the "yellow peril" was a real fear back in the day so I don't blame him.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22647 on: June 19, 2022, 03:23:51 PM »
I'm not seeing a lot of Disney ads. They pushed Dr. Strange, it was everywhere and of Obi Wan I've seen bits and pieces.
Dr. Strange didn't quite had the legs they expected so they probably blew their marketing budget for nothing.

Overall they're doing a poor job at advertising. They seem to cater to their hardcore fans who are already fans and not really expanding beyond that.
A bit like PlayStation does.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #22648 on: June 19, 2022, 03:28:39 PM »

Ah, the sweetness of Mexican parents not giving a fuck and letting kids watch the Simpsons, and uncensored 90’s shonen anime.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22649 on: June 19, 2022, 03:37:17 PM »
My parents couldn't stop me from watching it but they weren't very fond of the violent Dragonball Z nonsense I was obsessed with  :lol

With an older brother I pretty much got to see DOOM, Quake, Duke Nukem etc. and a bunch of movies at quite a young age anyway.
I remember running around and tripping over some network cables when he was hosting a DOOM party. I must've been 8 or so at the time.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22650 on: June 19, 2022, 03:40:40 PM »
My parents couldn't stop me from watching it but they weren't very fond of the violent Dragonball Z nonsense I was obsessed with  :lol

With an older brother I pretty much got to see DOOM, Quake, Duke Nukem etc. and a bunch of movies at quite a young age anyway.
I remember running around and tripping over some network cables when he was hosting a DOOM party. I must've been 8 or so at the time.
:nerds
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22651 on: June 19, 2022, 03:51:41 PM »
My mum let me watch Blair Witch project when I was 8.

ShutUp

« Reply #22652 on: June 19, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »
WandaVision/Loki/Falcon and the Winter Soldier/Hawkeye all had Avengers characters people know and love. Moon Knight had cool trailers, a more horror leaning setup and very popular Oscar Isaac in the lead role and Ethan Hawke facing off against him.

BIONIC

« Reply #22653 on: June 19, 2022, 04:05:11 PM »

Sounds like Trashy Sr. is in need of a bore account  :phil
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22654 on: June 19, 2022, 04:08:25 PM »
To be fair he is a farmer so i'd be stranger if he wasn't. And he confines his racism to jokes (and they're non-sequiter jokes too, so not even that racist).

HaughtyFrank

BIONIC

« Reply #22656 on: June 19, 2022, 05:17:00 PM »
filler was making a Phobic Crimes of KKKillary KKKlinton OT before he went to the great beyond  :goty
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #22657 on: June 19, 2022, 06:01:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-lol-champion-is-a-south-asian-woman.597858/#post-88720125

Quote from: PlanetSmasher, post: 88720056, member: 6260
Cool design. I don't, and won't, play League, but always appreciate a good character design.

Quote from: ArcticDonkey, post: 88720125, member: 13621
Teach me how to make better life choices.

Asking a comedy school dropout  :girlaff  :show
Margs

knux-future

« Reply #22658 on: June 19, 2022, 06:05:01 PM »
I thought episode 1 of Ms. Marvel was really good. Episode 2 was not lol.

but honestly even as a MCU whore like I am...the trailers were shit and looked bad. They changed her powers and the response was the usual "well you obviously hate women"...which did not work for Captain Marvel lol.

Its a shame because the way the show shows off the character's ethnicity is actually interesting and I learned something.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #22659 on: June 19, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/#post-88724820
Quote from: Don Fluffles
Tear them down.

They're all accomplices to terrorism and should be pursued as such. They're asking for vigilante action at this point.

Pessimism at this point is no better than siding with the enemy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88726497
Quote from: Kyra
We need a revolution at this point. Things won't change unless we take matters into our own hands.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88728360
Quote from: Pyccko
at what point should we the people start practicing self defense against the GOP exactly

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88728750
Quote from: astroturfing
im at the point where i think we literally cannot have a world, if there isnt a fast revolution against these anti-human, anti-science conservative lunatics.

been at that point for about 25 years now tbh. there is even less hope now than ever, in my mind.

Quote from: dyelawn91
I don't see how this ends without blood in the streets.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-3#post-88730583
Quote from:  oofouchugh
It seems to me that violence is the only option left if we want to avoid completely destroying the planet. So that means we're going to completely destroy the planet as the good domesticated consumers that we are.
OBE

Polident Hive

« Reply #22660 on: June 19, 2022, 06:31:43 PM »
Whatever reasons the show is shunned, there’s no scenario where Disney is an underdog. This is chapter 38 of the multibillion dollar marvel franchise. Before it finished production, the character was moved into chapter 41, a $250 million dollar movie. I miss the days when Mitt Romney was laughed at for saying corporations are people.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22661 on: June 19, 2022, 07:25:00 PM »
Today ree is trying to be all sage n shit

If white trash rednecks who support this kind of stuff have kids and you don't, who inherits the future? Think ahead, my dudes

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88726530

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22662 on: June 19, 2022, 08:03:12 PM »

benita

« Reply #22663 on: June 19, 2022, 09:17:38 PM »
Tom Hiddleston
Paul Bettany
Elizabeth Olsen
Oscar Isaac
Jeremy Renner
Sebastian Stan
Anthony Mackie
....Iman Vellani?

Ms Marvel might be good, but I don't want to hear any shit about racism being part of the reason people don't watch it.

All those other shows are being led by actors who have fronted Hollywood blockbusters. Nobody knows who the fuck anyone is Ms Marvel is.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22664 on: June 19, 2022, 09:45:22 PM »
My mum let me watch Blair Witch project when I was 8.

Yo, my dad did that to me too, I did not sleep that weekend

Taco Bell Tower

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22666 on: June 20, 2022, 12:29:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-the-most-anime-like-american-cartoon-besides-avatar.598002/page-2#post-88746894
Are shows with Asian characters in them "Typical Anime" now?
Apparently because it's Jackie Chan it's considered to be anime :mindblown

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22667 on: June 20, 2022, 05:17:41 AM »
Has FINA's trans athlete ban hit Reeeeesetera yet?

I couldn't see any thread.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22668 on: June 20, 2022, 07:04:32 AM »

Sure would be interesting since the decision was based on a scientific panel

jorma

« Reply #22669 on: June 20, 2022, 08:15:19 AM »

Sure would be interesting since the decision was based on a scientific panel

I guess it will hit ree whenever  joanne (terf bitch) tweets about it  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #22671 on: June 20, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »
Ask and you shall receive
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-swimming-organisation-fina-bans-trans-women-from-womens-competitions.598173/
Pathetic that so many people are obsessed with this topic. Just let trans people live! Fuck.
Trans people can't live without participating in athletic competitions that seek to limit who can participate?

benjipwns

« Reply #22672 on: June 20, 2022, 10:14:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/#post-88724820
Quote from: Don Fluffles
Tear them down.

They're all accomplices to terrorism and should be pursued as such. They're asking for vigilante action at this point.

Pessimism at this point is no better than siding with the enemy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88726497
Quote from: Kyra
We need a revolution at this point. Things won't change unless we take matters into our own hands.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88728360
Quote from: Pyccko
at what point should we the people start practicing self defense against the GOP exactly

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-2#post-88728750
Quote from: astroturfing
im at the point where i think we literally cannot have a world, if there isnt a fast revolution against these anti-human, anti-science conservative lunatics.

been at that point for about 25 years now tbh. there is even less hope now than ever, in my mind.

Quote from: dyelawn91
I don't see how this ends without blood in the streets.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-supreme-court-expected-to-limit-government-ability-to-enact-climate-change-measures-this-month-new-york-times.597888/page-3#post-88730583
Quote from:  oofouchugh
It seems to me that violence is the only option left if we want to avoid completely destroying the planet. So that means we're going to completely destroy the planet as the good domesticated consumers that we are.
Always fun to see reactionary apocalyptic religious nutters start calling for violence when secular authorities elect to use their legal code over scripture as the basis for law.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22673 on: June 20, 2022, 10:38:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-swimming-organisation-fina-bans-trans-women-from-womens-competitions.598173/

I shouldn't be surprised that no one even looks at the scientific argument. Good chance that anyone who does would get banned anyway

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #22674 on: June 20, 2022, 10:53:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/samba-ms-marvel-has-lowest-us-viewership-debut-of-mcu-disney-shows-but-is-a-hit-with-gen-z-draws-more-diverse-audience.597534/page-13#post-88753803

Quote from: Siggy-P
If you think any of the MCU is mature or adult you are living in an absolute fantasy land.

Jesus christ the supposed "political thriller" MCU film litteraly blames all wars and terrorism on secret Nazi occult societies.
:hesright
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #22675 on: June 20, 2022, 10:57:59 AM »

I shouldn't be surprised that no one even looks at the scientific argument. Good chance that anyone who does would get banned anyway

Science is a liar sometimes  :snob
Margs

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22676 on: June 20, 2022, 11:12:37 AM »

Since you won’t see details there:

Quote from: FINA
The Science Group reported that biological sex is a key determinant of athletic performance, with males outperforming females in sports (including Aquatics sports) that are primarilydetermined by neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and respiratory function, and anthropometrics including body and limb size. The extent of the male/female performance gap varies by sport and competition, but the gap universally emerges starting from the onset of puberty. The group reported that there are sex-linked biological differences in Aquatics, especially among elite athletes, that are largely the result of the substantially higher levels of testosterone to which males are exposed from puberty onwards. Prior to puberty, testosterone levels are similar in females and males. During puberty, however, testes-derived testosterone concentrations increase 20-fold in males, while testosterone concentrations remain low in females so that post-pubescent males have circulating testosterone concentrations at least 15 times higher than post-pubescent females (15-20 nmol/L in adult males versus c.1 nmol/L in typical females of any age). High testosterone levels generate not only anatomical divergence in the reproductive system but also measurably different body types/compositions between sexes.

According to the Science Group, if gender-affirming male-to-female transition consistent with the medical standard of care is initiated after the onset of puberty, it will blunt some, but not all, of the effects of testosterone on body structure, muscle function, and other determinants of performance, but there will be persistent legacy effects that will give male-to-female transgender athletes (transgender women) a relative performance advantage over biological females. A biological female athlete cannot overcome that advantage through training or nutrition. Nor can they take additional testosterone to obtain the same advantage, because testosterone is a prohibited substance under the World Anti-Doping Code.

So in short, their Science Group determined that if you can’t prevent the effects of testosterone on the body before puberty, it will give the individual an unfair advantage with the associated biological changes, even if afterwards removed from testosterone post-pubescent.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:14:45 PM by joeboy101 »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22677 on: June 20, 2022, 11:14:07 AM »

Science is a liar sometimes  :snob

Bad science did and does exist, in their defense. You had doctoral dickheads decades ago thinking transorbital lobotomies were good therapy for mental illness. That’s not to say FINA is wrong, but science is still adjudicated by human beings and human beings can really suck sometimes.

Boredfrom

« Reply #22678 on: June 20, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »
Pathetic that so many people are obsessed with this topic. Just let trans people live! Fuck.

Yeah, the trans community is never over-obsessed and never overreacts over trivial stuff making everyone more unsympathetic.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #22679 on: June 20, 2022, 11:59:39 AM »

Yeah, the trans community is never over-obsessed and never overreacts over trivial stuff making everyone more unsympathetic.

When you say it like that, I realize that there's a huge overlap between the trans community and my sister-in-law

:larry
woke