Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1968821 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #37800 on: January 20, 2023, 04:57:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-26#post-99994309
I think you’re right. I don’t disagree with any of that.

I spend a lot of time with the mentality that it’s not reasonable to judge people who are otherwise good but won’t give up HP, but I’m asking myself why am I always expected to be the reasonable one? But how then should I feel about the people I know who are in that boat? I feel like I have to give them that benefit of the doubt, but if I do it for them it should apply to strangers like here on era, and I get hung up on that. But I guess you could say banning discussion here on era isn’t some hypocrisy, it’s us actually having some power and say in not having to compromise and “be reasonable” for once, and that is fair and healthy. Idk. (I don’t necessarily expect an answer, I’m just thinking out loud)
To add to this and give my own perspective, I don't see it as hypocrisy or giving certain people special treatment for not being as harsh on them as we are here. We HAVE to compromise. We can choose what areas to compromise for our own sake, and what areas we stay vigilant. I made a post several pages ago about this dilemma I was having, but I don't feel like I'm giving people in my life special treatment as if they're exempt, I'm practicing self-care because frankly, I'm fucking tired of all this and constantly engaging with it is just gonna be poison to my mental health. I wish I could push back harder, but I do not have the mental capacity to be fighting 24/7, so I pick and choose my battles to avoid hurting myself.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37801 on: January 20, 2023, 05:05:24 PM »
People who use those plugins and blocklists are such paranoid weirdos.

On a similar note:
I spend a lot of time with the mentality that it’s not reasonable to judge people who are otherwise good but won’t give up HP, but I’m asking myself why am I always expected to be the reasonable one?
:lol

Also, https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-99964837
Quote from: Kyuuji
Their taking a continued stance (the no-promotion rule has been in place without issue for awhile now)

"Without issue" meaning some dudes getting banned because they said "hey this looks good" in some playstation thread. So very reasonable.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37802 on: January 20, 2023, 05:19:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/phils-email-shared-microsoft-to-lay-off-10-000-employees-between-now-and-march-31st-343i-bethesda-game-studios-and-the-coalition-among-impacted.676924/#post-99865486
Use that quote about how they have to learn to do more with less to to block their acquisition of Activision Blizzard you useless fucks in the FTC

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37803 on: January 20, 2023, 05:48:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737

Quote from: Lothar
It's not. There are alot of people shitting on the game at every moment and they want the game to fail and using this as justification of anything negative.

There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews and should square give copies out earlier. sure that would be great but it doesn't seem like they are so people should just wait and see.

Quote from: Zexyen
Have you seen any of the forspoken threads in the last year? There’s clearly some unjustified hatred towards this game.

Quote from: PshycoNinja
The confirmation bias is strong in this thread.

That said I feel for the devs. The PR and marketing for the game has not been great with many unforced errors on their end. Like as if those teams are purposefully trying to tank the game. I know I would not be thrilled with the marketing and PR if I was working on the dev team.

Which is a shame because everyone who has gotten their hands on the game are kinda singing the games praises and having a good time with the game. Hell, many of the impressions from people who got it early say they are enjoying even the story a ton and intrigued with the world and lore.

Quote from: Geode
Reviewers will have to just buy a copy if they want to review it. Anyway, this is such a nothingburger issue, I'm sure there are tons of reviewers that don't receive review codes for various games from various companies and we don't hear about it. The only reason this is such a "big" deal is because so many people want this game to fail because a woman "talks too much".

Some people mainlining the copium in that thread.

NekoFever

« Reply #37804 on: January 20, 2023, 05:52:33 PM »
I love the slow ratcheting of demands and emotional blackmail as they move inevitably towards the complete banning of Hogwarts.

They’re completely disingenuous and utterly shameless and the staff must know it, but no one dares call them out.

“We’re not asking for anything unreasonable here, but it would be a shame if you were to support our literal murder and we had to completely organically happen to shit the place up and threaten to leave with all our Discord friends.”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37805 on: January 20, 2023, 06:19:36 PM »
I propose to ban any and all conversation and sharing of content with regards to h**** p*****.
Instead a thread should be created to shit on the terf bitch trans genocider JK Rowling during the launch of the 'the product'.

During this time no other threads should be created, no other topics should be discussed. Only our protest against the ongoing transgressions of JK Rowling.
The ResetEra logo will be changed to reflect this protest against the human rights abuser.

Trans rights are human rights.

*if a Nintendo Direct is announced during the launch week of the 'the product' a TEXT ONLY summary thread is allowed. NO HYPE THREADS during our protest.
Be aware that we will screen Xbox and PlayStation friend lists, Nintendo online activity and Steam activity during the protest. Members that play 'the product' may do so at their own risk but should not expect to be welcomed back as allies.
Of course our non-binary and people who play the game for professional reasons (i.e. influencers or reviewers) are allowed to play and experience 'the product' as a means of research and information gathering.
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37806 on: January 20, 2023, 06:25:19 PM »
R*wling :punch

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #37807 on: January 20, 2023, 07:05:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737

It's not. There are alot of people shitting on the game at every moment and they want the game to fail and using this as justification of anything negative.

There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews and should square give copies out earlier. sure that would be great but it doesn't seem like they are so people should just wait and see.

Have you seen any of the forspoken threads in the last year? There’s clearly some unjustified hatred towards this game.

That said I feel for the devs. The PR and marketing for the game has not been great with many unforced errors on their end. Like as if those teams are purposefully trying to tank the game. I know I would not be thrilled with the marketing and PR if I was working on the dev team.

Which is a shame because everyone who has gotten their hands on the game are kinda singing the games praises and having a good time with the game. Hell, many of the impressions from people who got it early say they are enjoying even the story a ton and intrigued with the world and lore.

Reviewers will have to just buy a copy if they want to review it. Anyway, this is such a nothingburger issue, I'm sure there are tons of reviewers that don't receive review codes for various games from various companies and we don't hear about it. The only reason this is such a "big" deal is because so many people want this game to fail because a woman "talks too much".

Even if you strip away the culture war shit, the game looks mega boring to play.
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37808 on: January 20, 2023, 07:32:33 PM »

Even if you strip away the culture war shit, the game looks mega boring to play.

Why do you hate black women?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37809 on: January 20, 2023, 08:46:25 PM »
I love the slow ratcheting of demands and emotional blackmail as they move inevitably towards the complete banning of Hogwarts.

They’re completely disingenuous and utterly shameless and the staff must know it, but no one dares call them out.

“We’re not asking for anything unreasonable here, but it would be a shame if you were to support our literal murder and we had to completely organically happen to shit the place up and threaten to leave with all our Discord friends.”
They can't call it out because it's part of the entire culture and ideology. I've mentioned it before, it's not good enough for it to be just an opinion, it has to be a moral necessity that requires everyone else to share your opinion because your opinion is not an opinion but instead actually a heightened consciousness about the "truth" of things because of your standpoint as the oppressed class. Only the oppressor class (aka capitalists aka fascists) would deny the truth being revealed by the oppressed class. But as always, people are impatient so they jump straight to anything problematic will lead to their death because the oppressors always want their death because they can't conceive of anyone wanting anything else but absolute elimination when it comes to something they dislike. Where do you go when you've already jumped to that from the start? We're seeing it now as the trans and COVID cults are going with how everything they dislike is genocide. It's similar for the fascism panic in the same cohorts, nothings worse than fascism (since they're delusional about communism) so everything is instantly lifted to not just leading to fascism but actually being part of the fascists plan including free speech, rule of law, fair trials, due process of any kind, etc.

Their inability to understand that individuals within classes can have their own opinions, interests, etc. is because the ideology pretty explicitly says that classes are completely unified with a single interest and there are only two classes: oppressor and oppressed. If you diverge from the class interest you're revealing yourself as a traitor.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 08:52:12 PM by benjipwns »

Boredfrom

« Reply #37810 on: January 20, 2023, 09:10:19 PM »
You are referring to the Zero-COVID proponents when referring to COVID Cults?

benjipwns

« Reply #37811 on: January 20, 2023, 09:21:30 PM »
You are referring to the Zero-COVID proponents when referring to COVID Cults?
Yes, especially the ones who want to indefinitely seal everyone inside because they don't view workers as humans. I might be able to come up with a similar framework for the other COVID cult that has somewhat diminished as life as moved on, namely in how anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers became the oppressed class.

Controlling the framework is also an important aspect of the ideology, note how when B-Dubs was faced with how if the class was defined as Hispanics he redefined it to LGBTQ Latinx because otherwise that'd allow for the 97% of Hispanics who refuse Latinx to "oppress" the class that realizes Latinx is correct and everyone else should be forced to affirm that it is.

Also, being in the majority (maybe even the vast majority) doesn't actually prevent you from being the oppressed class, while many of the staff's decisions are American-centric and that's why they pick what they do the ideology actually allows for this. Remember the inevitability of the revolution was because the proletariat outnumbered the bourgeoise, once they were led to the proper class consciousness they would realize they could just murder all the capitalists and have utopia. The entire thing is premised on the idea that the only thing preventing utopia is the oppressor class, so you just simply shotgun the oppressor class to death.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 09:33:07 PM by benjipwns »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #37812 on: January 20, 2023, 10:53:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-who-was-hospitalized-after-his-arrest.678046/

Sounds about white

Good that the officers were fired (should be criminally tried for muder as well), but we know why they were fired.

The MOMENT I saw who the officers were, I knew why they'd been fired instead of protected...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:58:34 PM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #37813 on: January 20, 2023, 11:01:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/phils-email-shared-microsoft-to-lay-off-10-000-employees-between-now-and-march-31st-343i-bethesda-game-studios-and-the-coalition-among-impacted.676924/page-18#post-99996964

:cop User banned (1 week): Metacommentary. Inappropriate commentary.
Quote from: Arn
People got piles over him using the word “cancelled”, can’t wait to see Era members commit literal Seppuku over this internal email.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #37814 on: January 20, 2023, 11:05:30 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
Good that the officers were fired (should be criminally tried for muder as well), but we know why they were fired.
So we've learned she doesn't read OP's:
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into whether the officers' actions were criminal in nature. The Department of Justice and FBI have opened a civil rights investigation.

Also:
Black officers are 56% of the Memphis Police Department
Do they just not understand that police departments are often made up of the people from the community? In majority people of color cities this usually creates majority people of color police departments.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37815 on: January 20, 2023, 11:30:44 PM »
It's a known fact ResetEra don't read ops, just read titles and throw their hot takes.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37816 on: January 21, 2023, 12:16:18 AM »

On a similar note:
I spend a lot of time with the mentality that it’s not reasonable to judge people who are otherwise good but won’t give up HP, but I’m asking myself why am I always expected to be the reasonable one?

Also, https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-99964837
The company I work for removed all mention of Harry Potter from team building exercises and internal presentation packs because they're aware of the association it brings. That meant something to me, and the few other gender diverse people working here. I don't think asking people who are allies to avoid playing the Harry Potter game is a step too far, and I don't think perpetually tip-toeing around people's feelings when it comes to showing that is something a minority should constantly have to do. Acting like expressing some level of judgement for people continuing to fawn over the IP is some catastrophic cannon-shot to their soul is tiring. It's putting more weight on the feelings of people wanting to play a game guilt-free than those who have to see others fawn over an IP directly tied to the push for the removal of our rights and ability to safely live as ourselves, and it isn't by accident that that's how it often shakes out.
Resetera as an entity is in a position of influence. Their taking a continued stance (the no-promotion rule has been in place without issue for awhile now) in this regard would work to further emphasise what Rowling is doing at a time where significant portions of the media attempt to sanitise her and distort our issues. This is somewhere that rightfully prides itself on its concerns for minority views, a rarity within the gaming space. So all I'm pushing for is for it to hold by that existing commitment at a time where our voices alone aren't enough to register. I don't expect it to appear on the radar of WB, Rowling, or politicians. This isn't that. It's that I believe it has the potential to register with other people and hopefully make them consider their own involvement with the IP. That I see value in our corner of the internet doing what it can at a time when many others are. That, fundamentally, I don't think she deserves a place within our community for people to fawn over her work at a time when she's openly smug about what the IP allows her to do; spearhead a campaign that works to remove our humanity.
In case you were wondering if they're just as insufferable and insane in real life...
The company didn't remove Harry Potter from internal shit because of any sense of loyalty to you kyujigiji you freak, it did so because using Harry Potter in a professional environment is fucking idiotic and shouldn't be done. Also, they were probably trying to avoid you making a scene, not giving a fuck about your feelings.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37817 on: January 21, 2023, 12:22:52 AM »

They somehow can't link Square limiting the review codes and the limited people getting their hands on codes singing its praises?

Also, does the phrase, "you can't polish a turd" mean anything to these idiots? How is marketing and PR supposed to make that shit look good?
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #37818 on: January 21, 2023, 02:25:08 AM »
Let's take a moment to really appreciate that the "trans genocide is happening as we speak" story has really, truly stuck and been adopted as truth by masses of human adults. How wild is that?

Daffy Duck

« Reply #37819 on: January 21, 2023, 02:44:05 AM »

On a similar note:

The company I work for removed all mention of Harry Potter from team building exercises and internal presentation packs because they're aware of the association it brings. That meant something to me, and the few other gender diverse people working here. I don't think asking people who are allies to avoid playing the Harry Potter game is a step too far, and I don't think perpetually tip-toeing around people's feelings when it comes to showing that is something a minority should constantly have to do. Acting like expressing some level of judgement for people continuing to fawn over the IP is some catastrophic cannon-shot to their soul is tiring. It's putting more weight on the feelings of people wanting to play a game guilt-free than those who have to see others fawn over an IP directly tied to the push for the removal of our rights and ability to safely live as ourselves, and it isn't by accident that that's how it often shakes out.
Resetera as an entity is in a position of influence. Their taking a continued stance (the no-promotion rule has been in place without issue for awhile now) in this regard would work to further emphasise what Rowling is doing at a time where significant portions of the media attempt to sanitise her and distort our issues. This is somewhere that rightfully prides itself on its concerns for minority views, a rarity within the gaming space. So all I'm pushing for is for it to hold by that existing commitment at a time where our voices alone aren't enough to register. I don't expect it to appear on the radar of WB, Rowling, or politicians. This isn't that. It's that I believe it has the potential to register with other people and hopefully make them consider their own involvement with the IP. That I see value in our corner of the internet doing what it can at a time when many others are. That, fundamentally, I don't think she deserves a place within our community for people to fawn over her work at a time when she's openly smug about what the IP allows her to do; spearhead a campaign that works to remove our humanity.
In case you were wondering if they're just as insufferable and insane in real life...

What kind of backwards ass place is she working where they were continuously using Harry Potter in team building exercises?

This wreaks of “never happened”

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #37820 on: January 21, 2023, 02:51:53 AM »
I really can't get over that deranged hooker rant from neogaf a few pages ago.

Only a gaf psycho can make something simple and joyous like hiring a hooker into an overcomplicated joyless nightmare. I can't even tell what my dude was saying but it made me miserable

benjipwns

« Reply #37821 on: January 21, 2023, 02:52:57 AM »
I love how Rowling is violent now. No one will question this, this is now the accepted reality, and thus the window shifts a little bit more.
Let's take a moment to really appreciate that the "trans genocide is happening as we speak" story has really, truly stuck and been adopted as truth by masses of human adults. How wild is that?

spoiler (click to show/hide)

OMG cancel culture is not real, fascists just don't want to be held accountable! :social

:yikes
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37822 on: January 21, 2023, 05:55:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-25#post-99948070
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia
Welllllllllllll. She’s not wrong!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-26#post-99950839
A mod
All I can say is I'm sorry... The regulars of this thread, hell the lurkers too, shouldn't have to see shit like that banned post

hugs all round 🫂

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37823 on: January 21, 2023, 06:46:11 AM »
I saw that shit and to be honest it scared me. The hug was nice but how am I supposed to feel safe on Ree when they allow actual terrorists like that one to go undetected for so long? Maybe it's time the mods take another look at PlanetSmasher. I've always felt a weird Chandler type vibe coming from him.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #37824 on: January 21, 2023, 08:37:06 AM »
Resetera membership should require linking your Xbox/psn account. Once Hogwarts releases they can be reviewed for any undesirable trophies and purged accordingly.
Oi Oi

« Reply #37825 on: January 21, 2023, 09:56:14 AM »
i saw a trans at the grocery store yesterday by the lobsters and somehow i think they were able to escape the store alive

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37826 on: January 21, 2023, 09:59:26 AM »
Not far enough. Every member should be made to link their bank accounts so the mods can check all purchases, and report any irregularities to Kyuuji.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37827 on: January 21, 2023, 01:45:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kentucky-parents-concerned-after-teen-who-compiled-kill-list-was-allowed-to-return-to-school.677914/#post-99991189
:cop User Banned (1 month): misrepresenting the situation in the OP in a serious thread, causing a thread derail
Quote from: hachikoma
love charging 14yos with felonies and lobbying legislators to turn public school into a privilege, this is truly the best outcome for everyone, well done america

:cop User Banned (1 week): didn't read the article in the OP at all
Quote from: Ashes of Dreams
I mean what else are we supposed to do? Restrict access to the tools people can use to kill others? That's way too much work.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kentucky-parents-concerned-after-teen-who-compiled-kill-list-was-allowed-to-return-to-school.677914/#post-99993202
:cop User Banned (1 week): misrepresenting the arguments of other posters in a serious thread, didn't read the article in the OP
Quote from: Thordinson
Quote from: Plinko
I don't think the average American realizes how little power public schools have in this area in 2023. It's not that easy to expel a student like it was 20 years ago.
Even if it was, should the student never be allowed to have public schooling?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kentucky-parents-concerned-after-teen-who-compiled-kill-list-was-allowed-to-return-to-school.677914/page-2#post-100002130
:cop User Banned (1 week): misrepresenting the arguments of other posters in a serious thread
Quote from: el jacko
There’s some real “fuck this kid” vibes in this thread, so I’d just ask folks consider, what if the kid writing the “to kill” list was your kid? What would you want the public school system to do?
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37828 on: January 21, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/phils-email-shared-microsoft-to-lay-off-10-000-employees-between-now-and-march-31st-343i-bethesda-game-studios-and-the-coalition-among-impacted.676924/page-19#post-100000048

:cop User banned (permanent): Troll account
Quote from: Format War Veteran
Quote from: Greysif
It's fine, mortified Phil Spencer fans can just create a new forum and discuss everything there.

SpencerERA sounds good.
forum.xboxera.com

OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37829 on: January 21, 2023, 01:50:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pro-wrestler-jay-briscoe-passes-away-at-38.676702/page-2#post-99842287

:cop User Banned (2 weeks): Spreading misinformation in a sensitive thread
Quote from:  FordPrefect42
My friend is texting Dave Meltzer, two of Jay Briscoe's kids are in critical condition, Jay and his wife both passed in the accident. This is according to Meltzer. This hasn't gone public yet.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 02:02:10 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37830 on: January 21, 2023, 02:03:09 PM »
User Banned (1 week): misrepresenting the arguments of other posters in a serious thread, didn't read the article in the OP
Ree would be a graveyard with bans rn if that was done since day 1
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 02:14:41 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37831 on: January 21, 2023, 02:37:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vox-why-we-all-need-subtitles-now.677854/page-10#post-100027771

Quote from: Candylion
I read at just over 900 WPM, so I only need to flick my eyes to the subtitles and back to have read them. I miss about as much of the scene as I miss by blinking. I'll admit my situation is unusual though, and I can imagine why they're sometimes irritating to folks who need more time looking at them to process them, but I still imagine it's got to be less irritating than missing dialogue.

:ego
OBE

NekoFever

« Reply #37832 on: January 21, 2023, 02:38:36 PM »
i saw a trans at the grocery store yesterday by the lobsters and somehow i think they were able to escape the store alive

Lobster is a transphobic slur  :ufup

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #37833 on: January 21, 2023, 02:44:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vox-why-we-all-need-subtitles-now.677854/page-10#post-100027771

I read at just over 900 WPM, so I only need to flick my eyes to the subtitles and back to have read them. I miss about as much of the scene as I miss by blinking. I'll admit my situation is unusual though, and I can imagine why they're sometimes irritating to folks who need more time looking at them to process them, but I still imagine it's got to be less irritating than missing dialogue.

"Going beyond reading 500 words per minute can compromise the quality of reading and your comprehension."

The entirety of that forum must be reading above 500 WPM.

PogiJones

« Reply #37834 on: January 21, 2023, 03:49:36 PM »

Yeah, I never thought genocide of all things could become devalued as a word. Militarily dragging an entire populous out of their homes and putting a bullet through their heads and putting their kids in gas chambers. I can't believe that I just kinda read past the word genocide these days, thanks to those losers devaluing it.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37835 on: January 21, 2023, 04:09:25 PM »

Kirblar’s alt?  :hmm
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37836 on: January 21, 2023, 04:53:32 PM »

This is the kind of bullshit boast my 8 year old son would pull. But he's 8.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #37837 on: January 21, 2023, 05:48:48 PM »

I like how he made up some speed reading bullshit lie instead of realizing that it's only people who can't read well who would have to stop and actually work through the subtitles.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37838 on: January 21, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-who-was-hospitalized-after-his-arrest.678046/#post-100014652

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory drive-by in a sensitive thread, previous bans for inflammatory posting and dismissive commentary
Quote from:  Don Draper's Hat
Black cops kill a man.
Black cops get fired.

Era: WE ALL KNOW WHY THEY WERE REALLY FIRED!!!!!

Fucking hell.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37839 on: January 21, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-who-was-hospitalized-after-his-arrest.678046/#post-100014652

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory drive-by in a sensitive thread, previous bans for inflammatory posting and dismissive commentary
Quote from:  Don Draper's Hat
Black cops kill a man.
Black cops get fired.

Era: WE ALL KNOW WHY THEY WERE REALLY FIRED!!!!!

Fucking hell.

So that's a drive by but the "we all know why they were fired" isn't?

BIONIC

Margs

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #37841 on: January 21, 2023, 07:22:50 PM »
The MLB should create a new rule that necessitates at least half (4/9) of a team's players on the field are female.

:lucille

Don’t these idiots know what a bait thread is by now?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/

BIONIC

« Reply #37842 on: January 21, 2023, 07:27:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100040434

Quote from: B-Chuds, post: 100040434, member: 143
[STAFF]Ok, now that the crazy comments have been banned how about we all step back for a second, take a deep breath, and once again find our centers.

Guys, it's a game. Some people will like it and some people won't. There's no need to be at each other's throats over this. If it's a hit, that's awesome. If it's a miss, that happens from time to time.

We're all supposed to be here to talk about games and our hobbies, to take part in fun discussions. If a discussion stops being fun for you, it's ok to take a step back from it.

And remember: if someone is going too far and breaking the rules, please contact us. If someone is personally attacking you, if they're going in way too hard on someone, let us know.
[/STAFF]

Kyuuji and her cronies rn: :shaking
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37843 on: January 21, 2023, 07:35:31 PM »
Forspoken looks like the type of game a platform holder is tricked into funding so the budget can be spend on something else  :lol

🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37844 on: January 21, 2023, 08:07:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-7#post-100037239

Game Developer
Verified
Its fine. Posters have made it quite clear that open hostility to developers is okay and any sort of positivity/measured approach is not okay for this game. I'll be speaking to a moderator soon to talk about possible deactivation of this account. Again I am not going to risk my professional career and livelihood for sharing an opinion on a game I have no involvement in.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100042411
Game Developer
Verified
I genuinely appreciate all the kind words and support. And I really appreciate the mods and admins work on the forum. I know they all do their best.

Regardless, I am still considering it. Me possibly losing food on the table and a roof over my head for stating heartfelt opinions is not a great trade off. Doxxing is a real thing I have dealt with a lot.

This may be going into too much detail but I have been in the industry for over a decade now. I enjoy my job very much despite regularly not being able to go see family, because I believe if I can do for one person what Kingdom Hearts did for me when I was 11 during a time my parents were going through a messy divorce... it would be worth it. Games have the ability to transform and even save people, because it saved me.

I worked on a lot of games in my time in the industry. A lot. I can take criticism because, and this should be shocking to no one, every game gets criticized. Its a part of the job to take that criticism, even if the person wishes the worst on you, you take it as valid criticism.

Despite working on games many have expressed is their favorite game of all time, ever since working on FFXV I have received constant passive-agressiveness, harassment, and even death threats. What I find most interesting is those that send me harassment and death threats for FFXV, on their online presence talk about other games I worked on being the best game ever and wish the devs all the praise and good fortune in their lives and careers. Its wild.

Games are extremely hard to make and are extremely taxing on us. We want people to have the best experience when people play our games. I have never worked for a single dev that wants to "scam" people out of their money, and every single one thinks about the players experience. Your enjoyment matters to us. If you are not having fun on any game I have worked on I am personally sorry you feel that way. Please know any game myself or any of my colleagues have worked on we put everything into it.

That said it is always extremely disheartening when people take the least charitable approach for why a dev who DID NOT WORK ON THE GAME wants to see the full product before making any criticisms and doesn't want to give credence to the dog whistles this game in particular brings out of people.

And for reference, yes, harassment and death threats do get to us. A lot. Some of us go to therapy because of it. When we released Final Fantasy XV I was so proud of the team and game. I never thought when working on it I would be inundated for YEARS with harassment and death threats and questions about if I even deserved to have a job in the industry. The only thing that got me through those years is my family/friends and a reddit post I actually have printed out from someone stating how the game changed their life and made them rethink life choices and how they are now going back to school and reconnected with family.

That is why I make games. Because they can have a profound effect like that. And that post I read every time I have a hard day or get another death threat. It gets me through and want to work hard for the people who do care and the future people I can impact positively.

Sorry this is long and ramble-y and has very little to do with Forspoken. But that is the reason the posts earlier made me not feel welcome and unsafe. I hope everyone can be measured when talking about Forspoken criticisms going forward.

And for those quoted thanks for the support. I am still going to think on it and likely still deactivate.

As for the mods and admins, thank you for all your hard work and efforts.

Happy gaming everyone...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 08:14:08 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37845 on: January 21, 2023, 08:11:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-7#post-100038709

:cop User banned (permanent): incredibly inappropriate and inflammatory comments
Quote from:  Zoyos
Quote from: hydrophilic attack
this is a rather shitty post to direct at a fellow member on this site :/

you're implying that you'll judge this poster in their professional capacity for saying they like a game. are people in the industry not allowed to share their views on games? what the hell? you also imply that people who are positive on the game are astroturfing? i hope i'm misreading your post
This is about them being personally biased.

This individual and others have literally stated they have been paid by the company that is making the game. Just because they weren't paid for the purpose of astroturfing doesn't mean they don't have a conflict of interest.

This is also in the context that the game is coming under fire for review codes that are being arbitrarily limited.

If you are interviewing someone, the aspects of works they admire in their field (especially creative ones) absolutely have implications on their output. This is true even in technical fields like mine.

Its fine. Posters have made it quite clear that open hostility to developers is okay and any sort of positivity/measured approach is not okay for this game. I'll be speaking to a moderator soon to talk about possible deactivation of this account. Again I am not going to risk my professional career and livelihood for sharing an opinion on a game I have no involvement in.
There are absolutely people who are positive without astroturfing and devs that can share an opinion without needing to project that there is an overly positive general consensus

Quote from: Cerulean_skylark
90% of posts about this game are shitting on this game for stuff that other, less hates games do all the time. If it was astroturfing, this wouldn't be the case
I believe the price point and future implication of industry acceptance is a huge portion of this divisiveness.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #37846 on: January 21, 2023, 08:21:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-7#post-100037239

Game Developer
Verified

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100042411
Game Developer
Verified
I genuinely appreciate all the kind words and support. And I really appreciate the mods and admins work on the forum. I know they all do their best.

Regardless, I am still considering it. Me possibly losing food on the table and a roof over my head for stating heartfelt opinions is not a great trade off. Doxxing is a real thing I have dealt with a lot.

This may be going into too much detail but I have been in the industry for over a decade now. I enjoy my job very much despite regularly not being able to go see family, because I believe if I can do for one person what Kingdom Hearts did for me when I was 11 during a time my parents were going through a messy divorce... it would be worth it. Games have the ability to transform and even save people, because it saved me.

I worked on a lot of games in my time in the industry. A lot. I can take criticism because, and this should be shocking to no one, every game gets criticized. Its a part of the job to take that criticism, even if the person wishes the worst on you, you take it as valid criticism.

Despite working on games many have expressed is their favorite game of all time, ever since working on FFXV I have received constant passive-agressiveness, harassment, and even death threats. What I find most interesting is those that send me harassment and death threats for FFXV, on their online presence talk about other games I worked on being the best game ever and wish the devs all the praise and good fortune in their lives and careers. Its wild.

Games are extremely hard to make and are extremely taxing on us. We want people to have the best experience when people play our games. I have never worked for a single dev that wants to "scam" people out of their money, and every single one thinks about the players experience. Your enjoyment matters to us. If you are not having fun on any game I have worked on I am personally sorry you feel that way. Please know any game myself or any of my colleagues have worked on we put everything into it.

That said it is always extremely disheartening when people take the least charitable approach for why a dev who DID NOT WORK ON THE GAME wants to see the full product before making any criticisms and doesn't want to give credence to the dog whistles this game in particular brings out of people.

And for reference, yes, harassment and death threats do get to us. A lot. Some of us go to therapy because of it. When we released Final Fantasy XV I was so proud of the team and game. I never thought when working on it I would be inundated for YEARS with harassment and death threats and questions about if I even deserved to have a job in the industry. The only thing that got me through those years is my family/friends and a reddit post I actually have printed out from someone stating how the game changed their life and made them rethink life choices and how they are now going back to school and reconnected with family.

That is why I make games. Because they can have a profound effect like that. And that post I read every time I have a hard day or get another death threat. It gets me through and want to work hard for the people who do care and the future people I can impact positively.

Sorry this is long and ramble-y and has very little to do with Forspoken. But that is the reason the posts earlier made me not feel welcome and unsafe. I hope everyone can be measured when talking about Forspoken criticisms going forward.

And for those quoted thanks for the support. I am still going to think on it and likely still deactivate.

As for the mods and admins, thank you for all your hard work and efforts.

Happy gaming everyone...

Who?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37847 on: January 21, 2023, 08:24:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100040434

Quote from: B-Chuds, post: 100040434, member: 143
[STAFF]Ok, now that the crazy comments have been banned how about we all step back for a second, take a deep breath, and once again find our centers.

Guys, it's a game. Some people will like it and some people won't. There's no need to be at each other's throats over this. If it's a hit, that's awesome. If it's a miss, that happens from time to time.

We're all supposed to be here to talk about games and our hobbies, to take part in fun discussions. If a discussion stops being fun for you, it's ok to take a step back from it.

And remember: if someone is going too far and breaking the rules, please contact us. If someone is personally attacking you, if they're going in way too hard on someone, let us know.
[/STAFF]

Kyuuji and her cronies rn: :shaking

Mind you it's not the constant accusations that anyone who dislikes this game is secretly a bigot that he took issue with, his problem was that someone was mean to a dev, accusing him of shilling the game. With only about 10 devs left and like only 2 of those who actually work with AAA games B-Dubs panicked

Boredfrom

« Reply #37848 on: January 21, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
Who was that dev that claimed that he got death threats for Final Fantasy XV? Unless he is an outspoken grunt, I don’t think nobody outside of Nomura or Kitase are visible enough to get hate, and I doubt they are this good at English as random Square dev at RE.

ShutUp

« Reply #37849 on: January 21, 2023, 08:39:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mlb-should-create-a-new-rule-that-necessitates-at-least-half-4-9-of-a-teams-players-on-the-field-are-female.678265/

Lots of concern dismissing going on  :wag

Yes, let’s see Lucy out there trying to do something against these guys throwing over 100 mph consistently. Then Era types can complain that the league needs to not allow guys throwing that fast.

paprikastaude

« Reply #37850 on: January 21, 2023, 08:50:03 PM »
Yes, I'm sure the calm criticism uttered against a generic open world game with a bad demo is secretly racists upset by a protag portrayed by a supermodel. :doge Very banworthy, unlike that supposed dev randomly screaming at people as if his family was attacked and not a game.

Forspoken will flop, Hogwarts set records. February is only getting worse for the screech squad   :sicko

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37851 on: January 21, 2023, 08:56:11 PM »
Great post. It’s frankly insane how much hate I’ve seen from people regarding this game, while other games with much bigger issues just get free passes constantly (CP2077 Transphobia, Persona 5 Homophobia, Etc) but suddenly this game is the game that has everyone up at arms. It’s ridiculous when you consider this is supposed to be the “Calm & Collected” Forum and it’s just full of people waiting to dunk their hot takes in a thread that they have no skin in.

Dafuq are they talking about?

:mindblown :oreilly :what

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37852 on: January 21, 2023, 09:03:53 PM »
In other news...

Quote from: Deepwater
"Volunteering genocide" is the sort of craven and hollow self serving virtue signaling that plagues this thread. Genocide has a fucking definition, and its a pretty meaningful and serious one too, for you to just be throwing it around because the monopoly man is playing chicken with the country.

You're the worst type of fucking liberal. You're a self serving wage slave with class anxiety

User banned (duration pending review): Hostility; extremely long history and lengthy bans for similar behavior

Nov 30, 2022

Typical ERA acting like the police and justice system, letting a black man rot indefinitely in confinement.

benjipwns

« Reply #37853 on: January 21, 2023, 09:28:51 PM »

Game Developer
Verified

Game Developer
Verified

Okay, I won't post his info here, not even his public Twitter account with his name and face, because some cops will just delete it but it took me literally two minutes to find everything about this guy. He was a QA Tester on Final Fantasy XV and he's never worked at any position higher than that in the industry.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37854 on: January 21, 2023, 09:51:17 PM »
Lol. A "verified" QA tester. It's like the janitor at the nuclear power plant claiming to be responsible for powering your home.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 04:10:40 AM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #37855 on: January 21, 2023, 10:03:42 PM »
Lol. A "verified" QA tester. It's like the janitor at the nuclear power plant claiming to be reasonable for powering your home.
Arguably it's worse because he's yet another "verafled" user where the tag they give is not an informative one about the person, "Game Developer" is probably even less useful to other members than that guy they verified and gave no tag at all.

This criticism doesn't apply to Jason Schreier and Patrick Klepek because they post under their names.

« Reply #37856 on: January 21, 2023, 10:49:04 PM »
Okay, I won't post his info here, not even his public Twitter account with his name and face, because some cops will just delete it but it took me literally two minutes to find everything about this guy. He was a QA Tester on Final Fantasy XV and he's never worked at any position higher than that in the industry.
i found it too

someone that is definitely not me is going to have some fun with this lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37857 on: January 22, 2023, 01:02:24 AM »
Great post. It’s frankly insane how much hate I’ve seen from people regarding this game, while other games with much bigger issues just get free passes constantly (CP2077 Transphobia, Persona 5 Homophobia, Etc) but suddenly this game is the game that has everyone up at arms. It’s ridiculous when you consider this is supposed to be the “Calm & Collected” Forum and it’s just full of people waiting to dunk their hot takes in a thread that they have no skin in.

Dafuq are they talking about?

:mindblown :oreilly :what
Didn't they praised Persona 5 Royale for removing homophobic lines?  Da faq they want more

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37858 on: January 22, 2023, 01:13:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/neighbors-who-leave-their-dogs-outside-barking-all-day-drive-me-crazy.678274/#post-100043233
Someone in the neighborhood tried to complain with them?
This guy is a dangerous gun toting Trump die hard. He once lost his handgun and accused my daughter’s friends dog of stealing it from his driveway.

Needless to say my wife does not want me voicing any complaints about him. We have a history.
:doggy

« Reply #37859 on: January 22, 2023, 01:22:28 AM »
they have a history

could it be a history of histories?