Author Topic: The Culture War Thread  (Read 30261 times)

Nintex

• The tide is turning
Re: The Culture War Thread
« Reply #960 on: July 30, 2022, 06:02:49 PM »
American "Christians" just make this sort of shit up as they go, right? Like, some of the interpretations of the Bible are just  :doge
It's like those JRPG's that use religion as their inspiration.  :lol
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• The tide is turning
« Reply #962 on: July 30, 2022, 07:04:31 PM »
Her face tells the whole story  :lol
🤴

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #963 on: July 30, 2022, 07:16:32 PM »
Her face tells the whole story  :lol
There's two other parts of her that are telling a story of their own...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...in my pants
[close]
Spud

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #964 on: July 30, 2022, 08:47:05 PM »
American "Christians" just make this sort of shit up as they go, right? Like, some of the interpretations of the Bible are just  :doge

I wouldn't say they make it up, exactly, but they follow a pretty specific and long established American "conservative values" that really have little to nothing to do with Christianity.

benjipwns

« Reply #965 on: July 30, 2022, 11:02:37 PM »
"I have never used a pronoun in my life"  :lol
It's art. :delicious

Nintex

• The tide is turning
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #967 on: July 31, 2022, 09:54:51 AM »
I guess it depends on what he said, I can interpret that as classic british understatement

like yes threatening to murder members of parliament might cause some anxiety and would also earn you a checkup in the US

:idont
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #968 on: July 31, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »
I guess it depends on what he said, I can interpret that as classic british understatement

like yes threatening to murder members of parliament might cause some anxiety and would also earn you a checkup in the US

Apparently he posted this:

https://twitter.com/greggscott/status/1553492737277804545

Which is yeah, dumb, but not really handcuff dumb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2022, 10:07:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/JavaidUsama/status/1552734948175384579

Something I recently discovered is that there's also a rise of anti-anti-sjw youtubers. And while progressive youtubers always existed I find it particularly interesting how they now exactly copy the style of the anti-woke ones. Same type of thumbnails, video titles, video format, making a new video pretty much everyday...

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2022, 10:07:55 AM »

Apparently he posted this:

https://twitter.com/greggscott/status/1553492737277804545

Which is yeah, dumb, but not really handcuff dumb

when I try to look for the benefit of the doubt

:picard

a reply also says it was even just a share, he didn't post it himself
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »
No, it's pretty funny. The guy is probably a tool, but that picture is objectively at least a litle bit funny.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nintex

• The tide is turning
« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2022, 11:18:19 AM »
Femninists FURIOUS as Sonic's success proves gamers right

that's right :mario
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2022, 10:36:24 PM »
Something I recently discovered is that there's also a rise of anti-anti-sjw youtubers. And while progressive youtubers always existed I find it particularly interesting how they now exactly copy the style of the anti-woke ones. Same type of thumbnails, video titles, video format, making a new video pretty much everyday...

(Image removed from quote.)
Who watches this shit? Look at those video lengths.

People compare it to cable news but that's completely different I think. Watch Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow, yes, they have a worldview that supposedly informs everything but they'll cover like ten topics on a show not spend thirty minutes on a single thing from pop culture.

You can completely disagree with Tucker Carlson and watch his show and get informed. You'll get a sense of "what's going on" in media circles, you'll learn what conservatives are or are about to be outraged about, you might hear a story that's not really covered elsewhere because it's one of Tucker's obsessions and then you can go learn about that story from better sources, etc. What can you possibly learn from these kinds of channels?

benjipwns

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #975 on: July 31, 2022, 10:53:54 PM »

People compare it to cable news but that's completely different I think. Watch Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow, yes, they have a worldview that supposedly informs everything but they'll cover like ten topics on a show not spend thirty minutes on a single thing from pop culture.

You can completely disagree with Tucker Carlson and watch his show and get informed. You'll get a sense of "what's going on" in media circles, you'll learn what conservatives are or are about to be outraged about, you might hear a story that's not really covered elsewhere because it's one of Tucker's obsessions and then you can go learn about that story from better sources, etc. What can you possibly learn from these kinds of channels?
To me, it's unbelievable how much credit the younger generations get for being "media savvy" when they give shit YouTube videos as much creedence as actual professional media as long as it supports their political/cultural worldview.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #976 on: August 01, 2022, 12:05:13 AM »

Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #977 on: August 01, 2022, 01:14:50 AM »

To me, it's unbelievable how much credit the younger generations get for being "media savvy" when they give shit YouTube videos as much creedence as actual professional media as long as it supports their political/cultural worldview.
Media savvy?  Probably not.  Distrustful of professional media though, certainly, especially when shitheads like Taylor Lorenz can remain employed at the top establishments after repeated ethical failures and "missteps".  They see a system being gamed by those who are bought and paid for it, at the detriment of the people at large (regardless of whether or not that statement is actually true).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:25:58 AM by Tuckers Law »

Boredfrom

« Reply #978 on: August 01, 2022, 01:27:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/JavaidUsama/status/1552734948175384579

Being fair, I’m pretty sure YouTube encourages this kind thumbnails and video titles. Doesn’t mean they aren’t annoying clickbait trash, just that YouTube itself encourages this shit (and a reason why being a hardcore leftist in YouTube is kind of laughable).

Also, I wish there were more antiSJW that were not alt right cunts (or progressives that were not shallow assholes bitching about anime tits) rather than this hellhole of “trolls trolling trolls”.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #979 on: August 01, 2022, 05:15:56 AM »
I find it kind of hilarious people like the Quartering are hated that much. The content is literally reading out some conservative news article and then chuckling every so often. How that shit is even considered transformative on youtube is beyond me.

Pissy F Benny

• cancelled postmodernist
« Reply #980 on: August 01, 2022, 09:10:19 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

Polident Hive

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #986 on: August 05, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »
:nintex
Margs

Nintex

• The tide is turning
« Reply #987 on: August 07, 2022, 05:35:52 PM »

I think he's jumping to conclusions here but at the same time the economic downturn will mean that studios will aim for the biggest demographic and movies they can release worldwide.
🤴

HaughtyFrank

Cauliflower Of Love

• They/King/Queen
« Reply #990 on: August 08, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #993 on: Today at 12:06:39 PM »
when I see conservatives saying civil war now lock and load brothers in arms, I expect the same results as liberals saying guillotine CEOs, eat the rich, imprison those who literally genocide us day by day
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #994 on: Today at 12:29:02 PM »
when I see conservatives saying civil war now lock and load brothers in arms, I expect the same results as liberals saying guillotine CEOs, eat the rich, imprison those who literally genocide us day by day

Counterpoint, Timmy McVeigh
« Last Edit: Today at 12:52:54 PM by james »
:O

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #995 on: Today at 12:40:35 PM »

Pretty much, this is the ultimate fantasy but for 97% of those it's "deffo gonna take part! ...if you can deliver the Antifas and war just directly on my lawn."
:engel
I don't think it's a great sign it's so popular a rallying cry no matter how empty and idle it is.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #996 on: Today at 12:48:54 PM »

Counterloint, Timmy McVeigh

right, and anyone who actually goes off the deep end and takes action is only going to damage their own side more from the optics, because most people just want to live in peace
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #997 on: Today at 12:53:31 PM »

Counterloint, Timmy McVeigh

right, and anyone who actually goes off the deep end and takes action is only going to damage their own side more from the optics, because most people just want to live in peace

Counterpoint, American hero Christopher Dorner
:O

Nintex

• The tide is turning
« Reply #998 on: Today at 12:55:31 PM »
🤴

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #999 on: Today at 05:47:50 PM »
Spud