Author Topic: Elon Bought Twitter- X GON GIVE IT TO YA  (Read 78980 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Muskrat to Buy Twitter. Time to Abandon it.
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2022, 11:17:34 AM »
How do I use dogecoin to buy followers
:O

Himu

« Reply #481 on: October 28, 2022, 11:36:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1585993471084482560

There's no liberal media!!!!!

And the Verge shows the lows of liberal reactionary emotional displays :sabu

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/28/23428132/elon-musk-twitter-acquisition-problems-speech-moderation

Welcome to Hell, Elon.

You fucked up real good, kiddo.

Twitter is a disaster clown car company that is successful despite itself, and there is no possible way to grow users and revenue without making a series of enormous compromises that will ultimately destroy your reputation and possibly cause grievous damage to your other companies.

I say this with utter confidence because the problems with Twitter are not engineering problems. They are political problems. Twitter, the company, makes very little interesting technology; the tech stack is not the valuable asset. The asset is the user base: hopelessly addicted politicians, reporters, celebrities, and other people who should know better but keep posting anyway. You! You, Elon Musk, are addicted to Twitter. You’re the asset. You just bought yourself for $44 billion dollars.

The problem when the asset is people is that people are intensely complicated, and trying to regulate how people behave is historically a miserable experience, especially when that authority is vested in a single powerful individual.

What I mean is that you are now the King of Twitter, and people think that you, personally, are responsible for everything that happens on Twitter now. It also turns out that absolute monarchs usually get murdered when shit goes sideways.

This is journalism?
IYKYK

Propagandhim

« Reply #482 on: October 28, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
Twitter, the company, makes very little interesting technology; the tech stack is not the valuable asset. The asset is the user base: hopelessly addicted politicians, reporters, celebrities, and other people who should know better but keep posting anyway.

We swear we're leaving!  We swear we're gonna leave, you fascist!   ....but in the meantime, what we're going to do is adjust settings.  Tweak some more settings.  Block advertisers.  Write to the Twitter board of directors.  Stand our ground like Ukrainians.  ...do some damage via retweets...

But remember, you have no power over us.  The tech is terrible.  We're the ones in power.  And just you wait until I adjust my settings again!

BrokenVerses

« Reply #483 on: October 28, 2022, 11:51:21 AM »

You cut out the middleman and light your money on fire in your backyard.

Polident Hive

« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2022, 12:02:02 PM »
Knew who wrote that corny verge rant before clicking on it. Same guy who had a full meltdown on Twitter when somebody pointed out he wore a hot topic spiky bracelet in his 40s.

james

« Reply #485 on: October 28, 2022, 12:18:20 PM »

You cut out the middleman and light your money on fire in your backyard.

I just want to be popular enough to have a pose of reply guys. Is that so much to ask for

Propagandhim

« Reply #486 on: October 28, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/1585951004276961280

It's been 5 hours and this guy has 14 tweets after this one.  He's not going anywhere.   

Himu

« Reply #487 on: October 28, 2022, 12:31:30 PM »
Libs : :neogaf
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2022, 12:36:37 PM »
I still remain dumbfounded by those people who are going insane over Elon buying Twitter. If you asked any of those left wing blue checkmark people they'll tell you that twitter is already filled with nazis, harassers and -phobes of every kind, so what exactly are they so terrified about? That Trump comes back? The guy who had a twitter account for years and years? I'm sure him coming back will be what ruins democracy  ::)

Tasty

« Reply #490 on: October 28, 2022, 12:37:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1585993471084482560

There's no liberal media!!!!!

And the Verge shows the lows of liberal reactionary emotional displays :sabu

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/28/23428132/elon-musk-twitter-acquisition-problems-speech-moderation

Welcome to Hell, Elon.

Twitter is a disaster clown car company that is successful despite itself, and there is no possible way to grow users and revenue without making a series of enormous compromises that will ultimately destroy your reputation and possibly cause grievous damage to your other companies.

I say this with utter confidence because the problems with Twitter are not engineering problems. They are political problems. Twitter, the company, makes very little interesting technology; the tech stack is not the valuable asset. The asset is the user base: hopelessly addicted politicians, reporters, celebrities, and other people who should know better but keep posting anyway. You! You, Elon Musk, are addicted to Twitter. You’re the asset. You just bought yourself for $44 billion dollars.

The problem when the asset is people is that people are intensely complicated, and trying to regulate how people behave is historically a miserable experience, especially when that authority is vested in a single powerful individual.

What I mean is that you are now the King of Twitter, and people think that you, personally, are responsible for everything that happens on Twitter now. It also turns out that absolute monarchs usually get murdered when shit goes sideways.

This is journalism?

The Verge is and has been trash since Topolsky left years and years ago.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160113194132/https://nextshark.com/nilay-patel-apple-watch-review-bracelet-tantrum/

Himu

« Reply #491 on: October 28, 2022, 12:38:30 PM »
I still remain dumbfounded by those people who are going insane over Elon buying Twitter. If you asked any of those left wing blue checkmark people they'll tell you that twitter is already filled with nazis, harassers and -phobes of every kind, so what exactly are they so terrified about? That Trump comes back? The guy who had a twitter account for years and years? I'm sure him coming back will be what ruins democracy  ::)

Yeah if Twitter is so filled with Nazis why do they even use the platform? Trump was on Twitter for years and was very prominent but they didn't stop using it. I don't get it.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #492 on: October 28, 2022, 12:39:51 PM »
Also WaPo is a chess piece for Bezos. Seen in that light it's no wonder they'd be chicken littling the whole thing to bring Elon down a peg.

Propagandhim

« Reply #494 on: October 28, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »

You don't understand:  It would be too much to ask private media companies and private citizens to consciously not report on Donald Trump's tweets, which become existential threat death con 3 status once they gain traction.   Terrible nazi-like things just happen from peoples' mouths and keyboards and we're helpless to stop the words.  And once the words come out, it's all over.   Clamping down on words is our last defense. 

Himu

« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2022, 12:52:27 PM »
Once Trump is unbanned will the Nazis come for all of us?
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2022, 12:54:22 PM »

Welcome to Hell, Elon.

This is journalism?

i-in the digital realm...?
Uncle

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2022, 01:03:50 PM »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »

Welcome to Hell, Elon.

This is journalism?

i-in the digital realm...?

It also turns out that absolute monarchs usually get murdered when shit goes sideways.

[citation needed]

Benji?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2022, 02:18:37 PM »
lol @ Taylor Lorenz still being on, you;d have thought she'd have at least done a performative quit for a week or so citing feeling unsafe or some shit :neogaf
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »
If they don't like the moderation, they're free to create their own platform
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2022, 02:47:22 PM »
 :social2 "Elon Musk is a Nazi!"

*Gets into their Tesla to pick up a soy latte and downloads a digital copy of the New York Times using free WiFi from Trump Tower*
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2022, 02:56:20 PM »

james

« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2022, 03:11:06 PM »
Council member 1: Kill all the jews
Council member 2: Kill most of the jews
Council member 3: Kill some of the jews

Guess we're going with member 2 who is the centrist position!

Kurt Russell

« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2022, 03:13:58 PM »
Surely the centrist position is actually kill some of the Jews and then let them kill some of us?
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2022, 03:41:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586059953311137792

Oh my god, what a monster
lmao this is already cringe as fuck.

Guess Rogan is on this clown council too  :lol
🤴

Himu

« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2022, 03:56:09 PM »
The Empire in Star Wars had a counsel too!!
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2022, 04:25:53 PM »
It also turns out that absolute monarchs usually get murdered when shit goes sideways.

[citation needed]

Benji?
The qualifier lets him get away with it because he'll just claim that person wasn't an absolute monarch. Or probably that shit didn't go sideways or something.

The metaphor makes literally no sense because monarchs don't actually own their realms and everything in it, they only claim they do and it requires the tacit approval of the population at minimum. The Magna Carta was 800 years ago or so. Musk could shut down Twitter just because and nobody can do shit about it. It's actually his property now and the only other people who have a claim on it are the minority investors.

More Verge cringe :clap

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-verges-gaming-pc-build-video
Didn't they go around copyright striking people who tried to mock this?

You don't understand:  It would be too much to ask private media companies and private citizens to consciously not report on Donald Trump's tweets, which become existential threat death con 3 status once they gain traction.   Terrible nazi-like things just happen from peoples' mouths and keyboards and we're helpless to stop the words.  And once the words come out, it's all over.   Clamping down on words is our last defense.
Weird, it's like everything they do somehow always has the same solution: deny everyone else their rights. Very odd, there must be some explanation somewhere because what is the actual probability that every problem can actually be solved by outlawing the sharing of the truth?

If they don't like the moderation, they're free to create their own platform
Marginalized people can't create their own platforms, fascist. You're arguing that they should be denied their right to speak by a method of their choosing, which is literally treason to advocate. This is why Twitter needs to be owned and operated by the federal government and make it so when you tweet @FBI they actually do go and arrest that person and throw away the key. Free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »
It remains a fact that the only two ways I and most other functional human beings ever find out about all the racist, misogynistic, bigoted and vile tweets is because all these blue check mark knobs constantly signal boost them all over other media. If they all left like they keep threatening, then no one would ever read them.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2022, 04:32:08 PM »
It remains a fact that the only two ways I and most other functional human beings ever find out about all the racist, misogynistic, bigoted and vile tweets is because all these blue check mark knobs constantly signal boost them all over other media. If they all left like they keep threatening, then no one would ever read them.
Everyone in the media freaks out about Trump for months, outrages each other into a frenzy, then leaves Twitter to go to their actual media jobs with people who are all also on Twitter freaking out and decides to fill every outlet with constant outrage about Trump tweets to where Trump brags to people about how he can get CNN to cover his tweets and says "watch this" then tweets random shit until CNN does BREAKING NEWS. (All the while everyone does as normal and doesn't trust the media so assumes Trump must be a truth-teller if he's getting this much coverage and the media is upset about it.)

:pika HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? THEY ASK REPEATEDLY! THIS IS NOT NORMAL! :pika

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2022, 06:48:07 PM »
btw the kid who was tracking elon's jet is not yet banned

https://twitter.com/ElonJet/status/1585491249544536065
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2022, 06:50:51 PM »
btw the kid who was tracking elon's jet is not yet banned

https://twitter.com/ElonJet/status/1585491249544536065
Bubububu Elon is a short fused, thin skinned rich billionaire! He hates free speech!

Amazing how they've manage to make Elon fucking Musk sympathetic. Your brain on progressivism. LULS.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2022, 07:19:06 PM »
I want to go find a photo posted by this person and reply to him with an edited version immediately

maybe the neogaf color outline guys  :thinking
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2022, 07:21:04 PM »
benji you betrayed us, that's a cryptobro trollin

https://twitter.com/avi_eisen/status/1585996691458887680
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2022, 07:23:13 PM »
benji you betrayed us, that's a cryptobro trollin
So you're saying there should be limits to free speech? Checkmate, atheist. :smug

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

benjipwns

« Reply #520 on: October 28, 2022, 07:56:30 PM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-29/darth-vader-designer-suit-elon-musk-twitter-takeover-domination/101591612

My tax dollars paid for this.
Quote from: first sentence
Do you think Darth Vader learned to Force choke his disappointing underlings mostly because a lack of gravity in space prevented him simply chucking people off the Death Star?
It'd still kill them though?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #521 on: October 28, 2022, 08:02:41 PM »
Tech journalists are truly the worst of the worst

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #522 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:41 PM »
Everyone in the media freaks out about Trump for months, outrages each other into a frenzy, then leaves Twitter to go to their actual media jobs with people who are all also on Twitter freaking out and decides to fill every outlet with constant outrage about Trump tweets to where Trump brags to people about how he can get CNN to cover his tweets and says "watch this" then tweets random shit until CNN does BREAKING NEWS. (All the while everyone does as normal and doesn't trust the media so assumes Trump must be a truth-teller if he's getting this much coverage and the media is upset about it.)

(Image removed from quote.)

:pika HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? THEY ASK REPEATEDLY! THIS IS NOT NORMAL! :pika

soon

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:55:46 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #524 on: October 28, 2022, 09:47:23 PM »
They know he had the ability to tweet already, right?

benjipwns

« Reply #526 on: October 28, 2022, 11:13:11 PM »
BREAKING: PEOPLE ON TWITTER TWEETING NORMALLY, MEDIA NOTICES
An emboldened cast of anonymous trolls spewed racist slurs and Nazi memes onto Twitter in the hours after billionaire industrialist Elon Musk took over the social network, raising fears that his pledge of unrestricted free speech could fuel a new wave of online hate.

The flood of racist posts was among the most prominent signs of how Twitter had changed in the first hours of Musk’s ownership. But those who were expecting even bigger changes, such as the restoration of former president Donald Trump’s account and the layoff of hundreds if not thousands of Twitter employees, will have to wait longer.

Racial slurs were posted rampantly. One single-word tweet, showing a single racial slur in all capital letters, was retweeted more than 700 times and liked more than 5,000 times. It was tweeted Thursday night and remained online more than 16 hours later.

One account, created this month, included a Nazi swastika as its profile picture and retweeted quotes from Musk alongside antisemitic memes. Another tweet, showing a video montage glorifying Nazi Germany with the comment, “I hear that there have been some changes around here,” was liked more than 400 times.

The Network Contagion Research Institute (NCRI), a group that analyzes hundreds of millions of messages across social media, said use of the n-word on the app spiked nearly 500 percent over the 12 hours after Musk’s deal was finalized.

By Friday afternoon, misogynistic and anti-LGBTQ messages had become increasingly prominent, including from accounts calling for the harassment and misnaming of transgender people or the use of terms, like “groomer,” to insinuate that they sexually recruit children.

“Almost immediately I noticed an increase in anti-trans harassment, it’s very visible,” said Erin Reed, a trans activist and legislative researcher. “I’m seeing more people in comments with explicit threats, more misgendering, more harmful slurs. I’ve gotten pictures of me getting shot by a shotgun. It’s a pretty scary environment on Twitter right now.”

Alex Goldenberg, NCRI’s lead intelligence analyst, said the swarm of racial slurs organized on anonymous forums such as 4chan was intended “to make as big a mess as possible for Twitter’s new management.”

Some Twitter rules, however, still appeared to apply. Stew Peters, a far-right conspiracy theorist and radio host who was banned from Twitter, created a new account Thursday night and posted, “I’m BAAAAAAAAAAACK.” By Friday morning, however, the account had been suspended.
Only source Erin Reed is the known liar and Twitter nut ErinInTheMorn and is not actually employed as an activist or researcher.

Minutes after Elon Musk became Twitter’s official owner, the platform was filled with vile hate speech as users celebrated.

The very first hours of Musk’s stewardship of the social media platform have been dominated by his supporters relishing their ability to use profane slurs and racial epithets, and a torrent of racist, antisemitic, Islamophobic, homophobic, and transphobic hate speech continued Friday morning.

“Since Elon Musk made Twitter free speech haven, I'll say this: FUCK N*****S,” one account tweeted. “Fuck n*****s and fuck the jews,” another tweeted alongside a picture of Pepe the Frog, a far-right symbol.

Other Twitter users documented other examples of hate speech proliferating on the site Thursday evening and into Friday morning.

Many of the earlier tweets have been deleted and some of the accounts suspended, indicating that Twitter’s moderation policies remain in place. However, those systems are being harshly tested on Friday morning as a search of the latest tweets for a variety of hateful phrases shows a seemingly unending stream of toxic content.

Users celebrating Musk’s Twitter takeover have also felt emboldened to directly target others. A number of users, predominantly women, have said that the level of abuse they’re receiving has shot up in the hours since Musk’s takeover.
The only sources for any of this? Known liars and Twitter nuts Taylor Lorenz and Alejandra Caraballo. :lol

When it was announced that Musk was officially in charge of Twitter, racist slurs were shared on the platform in droves overnight. For example, one tweet displayed a video montage praising Nazi Germany and was captioned: “I hear that there have been some changes around here.”

It was like more than 400 times.

The man has owned Twitter for less than 48 hours and racists are beside themselves. Honestly, it will probably continue to go even further downhill from here.
#BlackTwitter, which has been identified as “an internet community largely consisting of African-American users on the social network Twitter focused on issues of interest to the Black community in the United States,” has functioned not only as a haven for joy, jokes and trending memes on Twitter but also as a corner of the platform where anti-Black racism has been unapologetically called out and where Black organizers have mobilized in efforts to aggressively combat white supremacy in every iteration it presents itself.

Will Musk’s Twitter allow space for pointed language and content that fiercely challenges systems of white supremacy? Will it censor Black and other marginalized advocates from sharing information relevant to the struggle for liberation? Will it exist as a space where only Black culture and entertainment and merriment will be accepted but resistance and strategic activism will be met with dismissals from the site?

Musk says that there is “currently great danger that social media will splinter into far right-wing and far left-wing echo chambers that generate more hate and divide our society,” but who is he most likely to muzzle if the heat of the “town square” bonfire morphs into an inferno?

Conventional wisdom would suggest that the likes of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers and neo-Nazis will be unrestricted in their ability to plan, plot and strategize in plain view in Musk’s Twitterverse, whereas freedom fighters of color might very well find their timelines interrupted.

I am not of the belief that the new “Chief Twit” in charge will be impartial about what brand of “open dialogue” his Twitter will allow. I am of reasonable concern as to what may be the consequences of his acquisition with regard to who will get the mic back.

The bigots are already back out to play on the bird app. And I can very well see myself leaving that nest sooner than later.
Elon Musk’s first tweet since taking over Twitter has already been flooded with racial slurs.

It remains unclear whether any action will be taken against the offending tweets at this time.
https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1585829588361687040
https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1586040502859833350

Himu

« Reply #527 on: October 28, 2022, 11:22:21 PM »
:dead
IYKYK

benjipwns

Himu

« Reply #531 on: October 29, 2022, 12:47:14 AM »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #532 on: October 29, 2022, 01:02:43 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Seems like the smartest play would be building the hype for a Trump return later on down the road rather than making your big move to bring about fascism after just a few weeks. Get The Resistance locked in thinking nothing is going to change and they've saved democracy, then BAM, Trump's back in time for 2024 and returning Twitter to the market!

Study Kevin Feige and how he built us to Thanos!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #533 on: October 29, 2022, 01:54:44 AM »
I'm so glad that even though an Australian journalist had an amazingly terrible take on Musk/Twatter involving Darth Vader, that wasn't the worst take on the situation posted on theboredotcum today.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #535 on: October 29, 2022, 04:38:31 AM »
Engineers had to print their code of the last 30 - 60 days for a sit down with the boss  :lol

https://twitter.com/leahculver/status/1586145696163373056

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1586127052767318016
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 04:43:57 AM by Nintex »
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #536 on: October 29, 2022, 06:24:28 AM »

elon needs to buy facebook next and fix the porn bots

edit: just realised the "bots" might actually just be filler  :duh
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:04:21 AM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Polident Hive

« Reply #537 on: October 29, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/elon-musk-twitter-celebrities-quit-1235250888/

Director and activist Rob Reiner — who previously expressed concern about Musk taking over the platform — tweeted: “For those who are fighting to preserve our Constitutional Democracy, now is not the time to leave Twitter. Now is the time to VOTE BLUE!”

Mia Farrow, for example, said she would flee the platform if it became more toxic under Musk, then deleted the tweet and instead wrote to Musk: “You gave us Tesla ♥️ and Space X♥️👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽. Thank you!  Hope you can keep Twitter worthy of your previous achievements and of lawful people everywhere.”

The Good Place and She-Hulk actress Jameela Jamil quit Twitter on April 25, according to People, and declared, “I fear this free speech bid is going to help this hell platform reach its final form of totally lawless hate, bigotry, and misogyny. Best of luck.” She later deleted the tweet and returned to the platform. 

:society

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #538 on: October 29, 2022, 02:55:31 PM »
the shit they're "fleeing" from was already all over twitter anyway :teehee

this has all been a moral panic of complete morons
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #539 on: October 29, 2022, 03:17:17 PM »
"don't flee twitter, vote blue"

what does voting blue have to do with this? would the democrats have prevented him from buying it?
Uncle