Author Topic: ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕀𝔻𝔼ℕ𝕋 𝔼𝕍𝕀𝕃 𝟜 ℝ𝔼𝕄𝔸𝕂𝔼  (Read 18343 times)

Himu

Blown away by how good the castle is. They did my baby justice. There's less Salazar but he's still a ominous, oppressive presence. The castle makes up for the village. In the end I might love both RE4's?? And I have two RE4's that are different but good in their own way? It's too much.

I absolutely love what they've done with Ashley's character. Speaking of characters, they've gone a long way to making the villains, who are so cartoonish in the original, have gravitas and tragedy.

Nighty night....knights. omg. :dead
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:29:56 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Village skip only works on NG+ as you need the sniper rifle

There are other skips you can do to save time, but I'll let you look them up after you beat the game

Finished my No heal, sub-8hr assisted run and got the infinite RL. Doing a Professional NG+ run with it to get A rank for the chicago typewriter, and avoiding talking to the merchant (why bother, I have an infinite RL!)
fat

Himu

Heard someone hit the church with the pistol :lol
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
every clip i've seen has been with the rifle. have not seen a pistol / fresh NG save yet
fat

Himu

The Ashley section

IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Just did that myself and yeah it was pretty great
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
My second run is gonna be Pro with no bonus weapons for the handcannon. Pretty pumped for the challenge. Am getting my ass kicked (in a good way) on Hardcore tbh. Up the chainsaw sisters but died quite a few times on the cabin fight. Its really fun and thrilling though

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Professional is pretty brutal

- no autosave
- ONLY perfect parry

It might be worth just saving the Handcannon for last, where youll have other perks (ashley armor, chicken hat)
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Fair call re the ashley armor. What does the chicken hat give you? It looks cool

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Fair call re the ashley armor. What does the chicken hat give you? It looks cool

lowers damage taken
fat

Himu

The inclusion of the red dudes is massive. What great battles. Dang.
IYKYK

Himu

Good Lord the mine is incredible. The mine cart is even better
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
All I have to do left:

- Handgun/Knife only
- Standard S+
- Hardcore S+
- Professional Fresh
fat

Himu

Knife and handgun only? What's the best handgun then?
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Red9
fat

Himu

Same as original despite the nerf? I maxed mine out already so yay

Got the exclusive too.
IYKYK

Himu

Ramon fight makes me feel old. His fast movement flying around the arena combined with setting LANDMINES makes for a bad time. You're constantly warping the camera around to keep him dead locked but then there's a mine. Very annoying fight.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

"IT" boss fight cut :iface fuck you, that was the best part of the island besides regenerators

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
"IT" boss fight cut :iface fuck you, that was the best part of the island besides regenerators

Krauser was the best part, and they made him even better :ufup

I do miss that fight though. There’s a good chance they give it to Ada since there are files that reference “U3,” so there’s still hope.

They should just give her all the cut sections from the original now that I think about it :lol
Margs

Himu

Photos I took from RE4R.

The last one is my favorite because I saw this spray bottle in the middle of this dirty sewer like environment right next to a pit full of dead people from executions and then there's this lone cleaning solution bottle. I laughed pretty hard. I imagine the person in charge of cleaning just took on look, sighed, and left.

Krauser, the bulldozer, throne, oven man, bag man, laser room were better than U3.

Speaking of the throne, it's in the game and it's glorious.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:22:00 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

"It"? You've forgotten it's name? A senior moment perhaps?

Himu

The delivery of that line. He doesn't question the senior moment. He just says it like it's fact and it's hilarious.
IYKYK

Bebpo

This shooting gallery seems impossible on a controller to get the high ranks.

Bebpo

I'm guessing the lake wasn't a mini-sandbox before

Himu

I'm guessing the lake wasn't a mini-sandbox before

Nope. There's a few hidden entrances but that's it
IYKYK

Borealis

Ada's abs are visible through her knitted wool outfit in the model viewer.

:obama :aah :whew

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
brb going to the content shop :phil

Himu

Krauser fight feels right out of MGS3 or something wild. It's even better than the original. I can't believe. Happy tears over here. (Not really but close)
IYKYK

Himu

I was so wrong about this game. The village really gave me a bad taste in my mouth. This game is shockingly on pat with the original. It may have even surpassed it. I can't believe it and in all of my cynicism. I can't believe it. Considering I consider RE4 the greatest game ever and is my second or third favorite game of all time combined with being arguably my most replayed game ever, that is saying something. I'm in shock. Someone slap me to make sure this isn't a dream. They nailed the island, the originals main flaw. The game is now pretty much perfect. I can't.
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Yeah I've just got to the Castle and it's definitely ramping up and hooking me with that awesome gameplay loop once again.

I'm loving the sunglasses accessory - its nighttime and Leon has dark shades on. Very cool

Himu

Yeah I've just got to the Castle and it's definitely ramping up and hooking me with that awesome gameplay loop once again.

I'm loving the sunglasses accessory - its nighttime and Leon has dark shades on. Very cool

Sun glasses accessories?
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Yeah its just some silly cosmetic DLC that came with the deluxe edition. Just some shades for Leon lol

Himu

I didn't get that and I pre-ordered from Amazon. Sucks.
IYKYK

Himu

I've been watching SFVI matches from the devs and this era of Capcom.

Guys I can't. :tocry Who is running the show there? What is happening at Capcom? Who righted the ship? I mean, they've been getting RE right but it feels like they've got everything right now.

Beat it. So good. :tocry

Yeah its just some silly cosmetic DLC that came with the deluxe edition. Just some shades for Leon lol

(Image removed from quote.)

You unlock these when you beat the game.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:51:42 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
The monster hunter guy put his balls on the table and started running everything else as well

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

Guys I can't. :tocry Who is running the show there? What is happening at Capcom? Who righted the ship? I mean, they've been getting RE right but it feels like they've got everything right now.

Sweet, you can buy them for a buck as well lol

paprikastaude

Re: ℝℕ ℝ
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2023, 07:03:21 AM »

:umad

Welcome to the real last 5 years of games, you spent whining "only old games and Nintendo gut" like an airheaded hipster. Don't forget to get Megaman 11, people usually forget about that one.

Himu

I'm catching up on games bro. I'm catching up!

Ok so I'm wrong. It's a technicality. Yes you unlock them up on beating them. But it's not like the old days when you unlock it you get it. Unlocks show up on the extras menu of the CP shop (pause) and spend points. This is where you buy unlocked costumes and stuff. My concern is unlocking something but not having enough points to buy it. That'd be super wack.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:09:40 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Made it to the Lake last night, game is good af. :rejoice
©@©™

Himu

New game plus let's you start a ng+ game on any difficulty. In the original if you beat regular mide you were stuck with the regular. If you played professional you needed to start over raw. Not in this. I gave hardcore another shot  but with NG+ weapons and it felt like I was cheating so I might make a new game and do hardcore raw.
IYKYK

thetylerrob

Speed-running the game with busted equipment is actually really fun though. I've never really tried to race through a game like this.

My first hardcore run was ~23 hours. I immediately started my second run for S rank and I'm halfway through chapter 8 in under 2 hours.

The bell skip and the garrador sniper door skip are so cool. I'm sure people are going to come up with some even more crazy stuff.

PS has anyone gotten any other cool briefcase key chains? I got the yellow striker and it gives 8% faster running speed.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Thats one of the rarest key charms I think. Best one I have so far is 30% off knife repairs - I'm always repairing the damn thing even after upgrading durability to max. I've read theres a fish charm that gives +100% health recovery from fish use. Sounds hot. Discount rocket launcher also sounds pretty key if you want the infinite bazooka
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 03:15:12 PM by The Sceneman »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
I'm catching up on games bro. I'm catching up!

Ok so I'm wrong. It's a technicality. Yes you unlock them up on beating them. But it's not like the old days when you unlock it you get it. Unlocks show up on the extras menu of the CP shop (pause) and spend points. This is where you buy unlocked costumes and stuff. My concern is unlocking something but not having enough points to buy it. That'd be super wack.

You wont run out of CP if you don't spend any on models/artwork. You get so much for just playing the game.

The Sunglasses (Sporty) are a DLC exclusive too, you unlock similar items by beating the game however. Just buy the DLC pack lol. Or at least the extra weapons and treasure map. The treasure map is awesome. So much extra loot. I ponyed up an extra 10 bucks for the deluxe edition - worth it

Himu

Speed-running the game with busted equipment is actually really fun though. I've never really tried to race through a game like this.

My first hardcore run was ~23 hours. I immediately started my second run for S rank and I'm halfway through chapter 8 in under 2 hours.

The bell skip and the garrador sniper door skip are so cool. I'm sure people are going to come up with some even more crazy stuff.

PS has anyone gotten any other cool briefcase key chains? I got the yellow striker and it gives 8% faster running speed.

You're doing this on NG+?

Yeah one of the reasons RE4 is my most played games is playing through it with fully maxed weapons is the funnest thing ever. Each time you get it on a new system it's impossible to not beat it and just run through multiple times. And you just keep unlocking new cool stuff. The replay value is immense. I've played it an upward of 20 times because of this. Then there's Mercs, Separate Ways, which are sadly missing here.

Bell skip I know but what's the garrador sniper door skip?

I got an Ashley chain that increases the efficiency of green herbs for quite a bit.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 03:30:12 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Mercs is coming very soon!

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

More pictures from my game.

Capcom really gave Ashley some beautiful portrait light.

IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

These skips seem to be PC only at the moment. At least all the clips I've seen would be huge if it's consistent on console

Another recent discovery is that the Golden Egg does 3/4 of Salazar's health, making for a quick kill
fat

Himu

These skips seem to be PC only at the moment. At least all the clips I've seen would be huge if it's consistent on console

Another recent discovery is that the Golden Egg does 3/4 of Salazar's health, making for a quick kill

What

I mean there's the quest where you throw an egg at his painting  but this is something else
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Himu

Enemies have health bars??
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Its a mod on PC, used by many speedrunners currently to glean information

The important thing is the power of the egg. Golden Egg meta
fat

Himu

Honestly the thing I learned most from this is that you can do better damage against bosses in their knocked down state without doing the knife stab. I always went for the stab. Seems, just railing with the magnum is better.
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Stab conserves ammo and is awesome tho. Leon is such a champ. I'll just blast the bosses once I have unlockable weapons tho
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:53:55 PM by The Sceneman »

Himu

I want Resident Evil 9 to
spoiler (click to show/hide)
star agent Ashley and her commanding officer Leon. Ashley talking about becoming an agent made me think she will become a main character one day in her own game.
[close]

Honestly she deserves it. What a glow up and great character.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I want Resident Evil 9 to
spoiler (click to show/hide)
star agent Ashley and her commanding officer Leon. Ashley talking about becoming an agent made me think she will become a main character one day in her own game.
[close]

Honestly she deserves it. What a glow up and great character.

I would guess it would be the character from the RE8 DLC in that role with Chris as her boss.

...Or they'll just go right back to Chris as the main character. 

I'd still like to see a game that details the end of Umbrella.  I didn't play much of Umbrella Chronicles but I think it has a level or two with some of this?  It would be cool to have a game with all the surviving characters going after them and shutting them down pre-RE4.

EDIT:

The game's final scenario is composed of new material, which trails Redfield and Valentine as they and other armed anti-bioweapon activists investigate the Umbrella Corporation's final stronghold in Russia.[21] Despite their force sustaining heavy casualties, Redfield and Valentine enter the facility's inner sanctum, only to encounter and destroy the Umbrella Corporation's latest creation, the T-ALOS project.[22] The game's final sub-chapter features Wesker infiltrating the facility in an attempt to recover the Umbrella Corporation's most important files.[23][24] He is confronted by his long-time nemesis, Sergei Vladimir, whom he defeats.[25] The game's credits reveal that the Umbrella Corporation's secrets have finally been exposed. As a result, the U.S. government succeeds in its legal action against Umbrella's top officials.[26]

Please make a full game out of this, Capcom.  PLS
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:45:46 PM by bork »
ど助平