Author Topic: ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕀𝔻𝔼ℕ𝕋 𝔼𝕍𝕀𝕃 𝟜 ℝ𝔼𝕄𝔸𝕂𝔼  (Read 18763 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Himu

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

Playing the Xbox version now, they really need to fix the PS5. Looks a lot better on xbox.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The Xbox has broken controls, the PS5 broken graphics, the PC broken perfomance. The force is balanced.

Anyhow I really liked the extended lake area.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
PC doesnt have broken performance at all  ???

RT is just broken
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Keeping Ashley safe from the undead Democrat voters is more challenging than it was in the original
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
I ran out the door in the labs without the keycard while the thing attacked me so I just softlocked it because I couldnt get back into the freezer?  :lol :lol

Lemme reload a save but damn
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
This game is so good. On par with the original at the very least. The castle is a non stop thrill ride

Himu

This game is so good. On par with the original at the very least. The castle is a non stop thrill ride

It's so good. They did the castle justice. Only needed more Salazar.
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Made it to the Castle, it got a serious glow up  :o

Also the Riot Gun packs quite a punch in this game. Just literally blasting off the limbs of these clowns.

"I see you have some experience running away from creeps" :smug

"Guess your tap dancing days are over"  :smug

"What are you, my mother?"  :smug
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty

Also the Riot Gun packs quite a punch in this game. Just literally blasting off the limbs of these clowns.

I had the exact same reaction. I was pretty surprised/impressed with it after feeling the first shotgun was just okay. I don't remember it being this good in OG.

It's kinda had to not be impressed when it literally blows people in half  tho i suppose

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I played the OG not so long ago on Switch and that gun has been greatly improved.
Same with the TMP, which was a pea shooter in the original unless you upgraded it.

The one gun I think has gotten weaker is the Red 9. I remember being able to headshot about 50% of the weaker enemies.
But that might also have something to do with more enemies bursting a plaga in the remake instead of only a few.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
recent discovery: if you use the sunglasses on leon/ashley, you become immune to flashbangs. lol
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Thats awesome  :lol

I was just wearing the shades cos they look cool

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

I had the exact same reaction. I was pretty surprised/impressed with it after feeling the first shotgun was just okay. I don't remember it being this good in OG.

It's kinda had to not be impressed when it literally blows people in half  tho i suppose

I've been using the lever action DLC shotgun through the whole game, shreds pretty hard. Up to the island now and it's still doing the business

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

It's so good. They did the castle justice. Only needed more Salazar.

Yes I would have liked to see more of him! All his screen time was great

thetylerrob

I don't like that you have to speedrun so much to unlock all the extra stuff. I know I'm just burning myself out because of my completionist autism but like, I want to play the game and take it all in rather than constantly skip cutscenes and run through areas as fast as I can.

I feel like they should have just put the unlocks behind completing the game with different challenges rather than speed. Once you learn the skip strategies and start blowing through the game, the whole thing feels so much smaller and it'll be hard to resist the skips on replays.

No big deal though. I really hope Mercenaries has unlockables tied to it also.

Himu

recent discovery: if you use the sunglasses on leon/ashley, you become immune to flashbangs. lol

Plus flash enables you at least three kills per bang minimum and that's without Plagas instant kill.

I don't like that you have to speedrun so much to unlock all the extra stuff. I know I'm just burning myself out because of my completionist autism but like, I want to play the game and take it all in rather than constantly skip cutscenes and run through areas as fast as I can.

I feel like they should have just put the unlocks behind completing the game with different challenges rather than speed. Once you learn the skip strategies and start blowing through the game, the whole thing feels so much smaller and it'll be hard to resist the skips on replays.

No big deal though. I really hope Mercenaries has unlockables tied to it also.

This is why I like how RE4 OG has unlocks tied to mode completion. RE4 is a long game and arguably the longest RE. I like shortening my time especially on replays but it was never that kind of RE Speedrun type of game of RE of yore due to its length and the fact that ng+ always gave you unfair advantage.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Finished the castle last night. Maxed out Red9, my beloved.
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
The Red9 is so good once you've maxed it. Swapped my attache case back to the starting one for more ammo drops lol.

I have have an S rank on all shooting gallery levels except for the final one. It very difficult to get all the skulls with a controller - thankfully not needed for any achievements.

Biggest gripe with the game is the gacha machine gives out duplicate charms and you cant equip duplicate charms. I've gotten triples of some rare charms which is frustrating. Again, thankfully not needed for an achievement but darn it I want the bazooka discount and run speed charms.

Almost at end of game on hardcore, shit is superb and I'm already planning my next run. I think next run will be collectible mop ups - getting all village treasures, castellans and merchant requests, and perfecting my arsenal. Then it's blow through PRO for the Chicago Sweeper, then S+ rank runs with said sweeper using the infinite ammo cheese. Might go for handcannon after that if I still want more resi ACTION. But I was thinking about going back to VIIIage and playing again in third person with the DLC. Still lots of stuff to do in that game for the 1000. Its a Resi kinda year

The regeneradors are awful though, haven't found a good strat to reliably deal with them - they come at you so fast its hard to hit the weak spots, can you stun lock them first or something? Haven't had the ammo to really experiment
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:42:22 PM by The Sceneman »

Himu

What gun are you using for the regenerators? I use the semi automatic rifle instead of the bolt action and it's mostly easy unless I'm dealing with a grounder that flops. Then it's best to run away and force it to get back up on its feet.
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Using the Stingray (white semi auto) rifle with the bio-scope. The dead zone issue on xbox really comes into play here - or maybe I'm just panicking and missing!  :lol Very scary and awful beasts. I'm up to a fight where you gotta fight two at once and it sucks! Died a couple of times and turned the box off haha. Will nail those miserable creatures after work

Himu

The deadzone is really awful for the regens, yeah. But you get better at it.

Where do you fight two at once? If there's a way to get more room, and give distance between you and the regen, take it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:59:49 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
I got to a room full of hanging body bags where you need to turn a valve to open the door. (right after the heli assault sequence) Might be able to biff some 'nades at them, open the door and run

Himu

I got through that room without alerting them because I didn't want to fight two in one room lol. I alerted the first one (I think it's required) at first but after that I said nope.
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
:rofl

I think I was banging and crashing around looking for loot so understandable I woke them up haha

Himu

:rofl

I think I was banging and crashing around looking for loot so understandable I woke them up haha

My thought process was,"that's a trap, if I get that box I'll wake it up. Best to leave it alone" :yeshrug

There is a point where I did fight two at once in the lab where you can fight four.  I took them down individually but one of them hit the lab glass of another and woke the other up.
IYKYK

Bebpo

Did the original game not have autosave? I'm finding it's saving my ass a lot since I'm dying a ton on my first run in this. If I had to restart from typewriter points each time that would be brutal.

Is normal mode on RE4R more difficult than standard on the original? Just feels like I'm getting get surprise staggered to instant death combo'd a lot. I suck at crowd control if I don't have an spot I can get with my back safe and attack everyone that's coming.

Himu

Did the original game not have autosave? I'm finding it's saving my ass a lot since I'm dying a ton on my first run in this. If I had to restart from typewriter points each time that would be brutal.

Is normal mode on RE4R more difficult than standard on the original? Just feels like I'm getting get surprise staggered to instant death combo'd a lot. I suck at crowd control if I don't have an spot I can get with my back safe and attack everyone that's coming.

Resident Evil 4 Remake is the hardest RE next to REmake 1. Also RE4 OG had more frequent typewriters and shorter overall sections. It is significantly more difficult than the original.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
The Island section was great, really liked the atmosphere. The boss fights with Krauser and Saddler were satisfying.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

yeah ur shit and washed. play on baby mode

people whining about difficulty in this game are literally shit and washed.

games should be difficult, or have an inkling of it
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

It certainly gets more challenging in the castle. In the original the castle was pretty easy because all the environmental detail meant the GameCube didn't have much juice left to send hordes of enemies your way.
Most of the challenge came from the QTE's. RE4R has a bunch of agressive enemies and while you're fighting them usually something else is going on too.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Last night I played the Castle wall section where a giant is hurling rocks at you.
[close]
🤴

Himu

It certainly gets more challenging in the castle. In the original the castle was pretty easy because all the environmental detail meant the GameCube didn't have much juice left to send hordes of enemies your way.
Most of the challenge came from the QTE's. RE4R has a bunch of agressive enemies and while you're fighting them usually something else is going on too.
Last night I played the Castle wall section where a giant is hurling rocks at you.
[close]

Nah. Castle section of the water room in the remake is easier. Remake has far less enemies. Like, 2/3 less enemies. Village has more enemies in the remake. Castle has less or sometimes on par.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Another great mod and something that was really missing:

KICK OPEN DOORS

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil42023/mods/407
What

thetylerrob

Water room on Pro RE4 classic took me like 15 attempts the last time I played it lol.

The remake I haven't failed there but I haven't done my New Game run in Pro yet.

Another great mod and something that was really missing:

KICK OPEN DOORS

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil42023/mods/407

Can't believe you can't destroy doors with guns anymore. Unplayable.

Himu

Water room on Pro RE4 classic took me like 15 attempts the last time I played it lol.

The remake I haven't failed there but I haven't done my New Game run in Pro yet.

It still shouldn't be too bad although I haven't touched pro yet. What makes the water room easier is:

1. less enemies

2. the layout. In RE4 OG the upstairs and downstairs are basically one room. In the remake they separate them so once you go downstairs enemies from upstairs don't follow you. This is contrary to the OG, where if you go downstairs, you have enemies coming at you constantly from all corners, including trap doors from the roof of the ceiling.

I was shocked how easy the water room was compared to the original.
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Bebpo

[close]

I'm not even at the castle yet. I think I'm almost there, and like I said, I haven't played RE4 since GC days and my memory is very hazy besides that the game goes from the village to castle to island. I'm surprised how long the village section is. I thought when I went towards the helicopter pickup that would be the end of the village and start of the castle.

I just did the double chainsaw kickflip off the wall fight last night. So that's where I'm at. I wouldn't say any specific spots are too rough so far, I'm just dying a good amount from getting ganked or missing a headshot from an approaching zombie and then it grabs me and does like 50% damage to my HP in one bite.

Though the survival waves in the house with Luis was a bit tough just because there's really nowhere to move with how cramped the layout is. Basically just stayed upstairs for the first half and then in the second half baited them upstairs and jumped down and took them out on the ground floor. Plus good time to use all my grenades and explode the groups.

I think it's a bit crap that you have to take out the plague-heads from a distance generally. Like I'll shotgun them point blank and it won't hurt them and then they decap me. But sometimes shotgun works. Idk I have random luck and since it's a one shot I just run away do an 180 and rifle headshot them each time. Also the plague dogs are pretty bullshit with their stabby range. Not really a fan of any of these enemies with huge reach and fast stabbing that does insane damage since I generally play pretty fast and close in combat doing constant melees.

Himu

Use rifle on plagas or three handgun shots. A leveled up rifle in damage will one shot the plagas. Old RE4 trick. Shotgun is for crowds and the default shotty lacks oomph and power.

A leveled up powerful handgun will also one shot a plagas but it's gun dependent and you need it maxed generally.
IYKYK

Bebpo

I'm just using the punisher handgun maxed out so far. I think I might have sold Red9 because I didn't like the lack of accuracy even if it's strong.

Himu

If it's a maxed Punisher, sell it and recoup your investment before buying the Red 9.
IYKYK

Bebpo

But I can't use my laser scope I traded 10x spinel for on the Red9 and it's crosshair accuracy is wide and terrible for aiming specific shots.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
I didn't find the game that tough on hardcore (couple of spots where I died a couple times) but this kinda shit is my bread and butter. Always gotta opt for hard mode in an action game. Installing mercs now :hyper

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Apparently the controls are fixed on xbox with the update.

No new cheevs so I wont bother installing again
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Apparently the controls are fixed on xbox with the update.

No new cheevs so I wont bother installing again

Shame re no new cheevs but I'll see if there's any unlockabkes worth going for in mercs. Stoked the controls have been fixed

Himu

Yes! Fixed controls!
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
You can now buy exclusive upgrade tickets for real money, will make S+ runs a cinch. Will probably do it :(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Cant wait to play Mercenaries tonight
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
You can now buy exclusive upgrade tickets for real money, will make S+ runs a cinch. Will probably do it :(

Get ready to give them more money for Ada and Wesker, who are also going to paywalled.  Possibly they'll come with the Ada DLC.
ど助平

Himu

Get ready to give them more money for Ada and Wesker, who are also going to paywalled.  Possibly they'll come with the Ada DLC.

:snoop
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:snoop

Apparently their data is already in the game files and ready to go. It's Street Fighter X Tekken all over again.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

you really dont need to do that, i promise. it couldnt be any easier to do S+ runs

just do a Professional NG+ run with infinite launcher -> unlock chicago tommygun

then do fresh runs, do all merchant bounties up to Chapter 7, unlock ticket with 30 spinels -> unlock infinite ammo tommygun

sell everything, spend money on upgrading tommy gun damage, spend money on heals and Rocket Launcher for bosses.
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Thanks for that sanity check  :lol

I guess the bounties aren't that tricky and are all on the main path huh. I was worried about them being time consuming but once you've done em twice should be pretty quick

Bebpo

I did Mendez last night and was fine but so far I've found the boss fights all pretty unintuitive in design, where I'm like wtf does the game want me to do here? Once you figure it out, at least like Mendez, there's no skill involved and it's not really a boss fight more like simon says (press O when it pops to evade, press L1 when it pops to counter, shoot barrels when he lifts them, go down when he builds up to hit up, go up when he builds up to hit down, etc...). It's ok design, but just doesn't feel natural like a DMC boss or something.

Svejk

Up to Ch. 8 in the castle.  Shit's getting intense.  Literally had to do the catapult segment about 10 times.  Was rusty from a 2 week hiatus. The riot gun is my savior.