Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 209376 times)

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: All Mecha, All The Time!
« Reply #660 on: February 08, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
Mr. Gundam, I've been replaying Z2-1 (first time replying a SRW in new game+) and I keep thinking how it's CRAZY you haven't played this yet.  The animations, music, voices are all so good and GUNDAM OO everywhere.  You really should pick it up and give it a run through one of these days!

Waiting for a cheap copy. No rush.
野球

« Reply #661 on: February 08, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »

Some of the mobile suits that can be acquired via DLC:
- Geara Doga [Full Frontal Custom]
- Silver Bullet
- Delta Gundam Kai
- Delta Gundam Kai w/ Mega Particle Cannon
- Sinanju Stein

More info:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/02/ps3-mobile-suit-gundam-uc-postwar.html
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:45:56 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #662 on: February 08, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »
So this is what I thought ACE:R was going to be:  Mecha action game where they keep selling you suits for $5 each month.

I think that was their plan with ACE:R until the game turned out awful and no one wanted anything to do with it.

I could have bought this game but I spent the money on Gundam The 3D battle instead.  Way worse graphics, but I figure it'll play better!

PS. I can't believe they are charging you separate to play as Sinanju.  What a load of crap.

« Reply #663 on: February 08, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
Sinaju Stein, not Full Frontal's Shinaju. Stein comes as part of the paid DLC episode about it's theft by the Sleeves. A lot of the DLC suits will apparently be free.

Regardless, I don't give a fuck. Gonna get my mecha gamin' on.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #664 on: February 08, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »
That's good, we need suckers people to actually buy this so we can find out if it's good or not!

btw, I heard the Macross F games were really good?  How short are they?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #665 on: February 08, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
YO WATS UP DOODS

I picked up Super Robot Wars OG for $2.50 at GameStop
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #666 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
The DS rpgs by D- staff at Monolith Soft?
If so, good luck with that.  They're not thaaaaaat bad, but the fights can take a while and the game is ultra-no-budget.  I got about 8 hours into the first one, never played the second.

If you're talking about the GBA OG1/OG2 games, then enjoy!  OG1 is a pretty boring generic SRPG but it's good for learning how to play SRW.  OG2 is pretty kickass.  Although I'm going by the PS2 versions and not the GBA originals.

Bebpo

« Reply #667 on: February 08, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
CAN'T STOP PLAYING G GENERATIONS WORLD

It's not even a good game!  It's an MMO style endless grinding simulator with a carrot always at the end of the treadmill.  But that carrot is a MORE BADASS MECH. 

Now I'm rocking:
Setsuna in Double OO Gundam
Random in Astray Red Frame
Random in Skygrassper (which I'm going to turn into Strike Gundam, but I keep bringing it into space missions WHERE IT CAN'T BE DEPLOYED BECAUSE IT CAN'T FLY IN SPACE >_<)
Random in SHINING GUNDAM (oh yeaaah)

And all I've done so far is been playing the first 3 maps in the game over and over while grinding up money and mech/character levels  :lol  I want a decent team before I move on to tougher maps!

« Reply #668 on: February 08, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
That's good, we need suckers people to actually buy this so we can find out if it's good or not!

btw, I heard the Macross F games were really good?  How short are they?

Short.

The movies are good, though.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #669 on: February 10, 2012, 01:59:50 PM »
I checked out Masou-Kishin II on PSP and wow, the game looks and sounds SO MUCH better than the crappy DS remake of I.  The animations are pretty darn good for being pre-rendered CG (which is still kind of ugly).  Destroys every animation in the G Gen games.  The animations really feel like SRW Z2-1 if it was using pre-rendered CG, fast, speedy, no loading, nice looking and you can skip around them using bookmarks. 

Map sprites look a lot better as well.  And having all the masou kishin talking and SHOUTING hot blood every battle makes the game sooooooooooo much better.  Music also sounds better too.

Will probably dive into this after Z2-2 since I wanna get through G Gen or get bored of it before playing another SRW.

Bebpo

« Reply #670 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »
Ok, even G Gen agrees that the Double OO Gundam sucks compared to Exia.

Exia Repair II has a 5000 damage sword attack.  OO Gundam has 4500 damage sword attack and a bunch of lesser damage stuff.  Even OO Raiser's strongest general attack is 4500 damage.  BOO.  But gotta keep grinding with OO Gundam so I can eventually get to my QUANTA which should be a kickass unit.

I like how G Gen has really obscure characters and gundams in the main missions.  Like I fought CHAPMAN the sniper from G Gundam with the French roses dude.

« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »
I like how G Gen has really obscure characters and gundams in the main missions.  Like I fought CHAPMAN the sniper from G Gundam with the French roses dude.

That's always been part of G Gen's appeal.
野球

« Reply #672 on: February 13, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »

YEAH!!!!
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #673 on: February 13, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Looks alright, tell me it's 100x better than ACE: R and I'll play it :)

« Reply #674 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »
Will do. I expect janky mecha-mu action. Hopefully akin to Encounters in Space, which I absolutely loved.

DAT BOX

SO HOT
野球

« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »
New trailer (in HD!) for Gundam UC on the Japanese Playstation store.

edit: It's the 5:30 one from a few weeks ago. Still, it's in HD so it looks much nicer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:24:36 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #676 on: February 14, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »
Really don't like that the music in g gen goes by the pilot and not the unit.  Now I gotta buy pilots to match units.

It's a crazy game because it's so open ended that you can make your own srpg team with 8 or so characters and their gundams out of like 400+ choices.  Which also kind of sucks because you'll never see half of them and never use 75% of them.

At least I have Domon, Amuro and Setsuna in their suits.  OO Raiser is a beast with transam activated. 

Not sure who I'll use for the rest of the team.  Maybe Kira and Lockon.

« Reply #677 on: February 17, 2012, 01:40:29 AM »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #678 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »
After playing the E7 game, I don't think I want this!

« Reply #679 on: February 17, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
I actually liked the E7 PSP game. The PS2 games weren't all that hot, though.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:11:18 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »
New Gundam UC gameplay videos:

http://uc.channel.or.jp/system/
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
After about 20 hours and a little under half the game in G Gen World I think I'm about done with it and G Gen games.  It's a neat game, but I don't think it has the staying power.  The main con is that it's an srpg with no story.  SRW might be a hodgepodge of series, but at least it's telling a plot and the plots of the series.  G Gen is just a bunch of SRPG maps and each is a famous scene from a different Gundam series.  It's fun, but because the maps are SO FREAKING LONG (~1 hour+ each map with animations off), it definitely drags.  Then instead of being a normal SRPG or like SRW where you build up an rpg cast from start to finish, making them more powerful as time goes on, in G Gen you're constantly replacing units and pilots with other mechs/people so it doesn't have that rpg addiction of building up custom party. 

Also the "upgrade path" only works for so long.  Once you hit the best unit in the upgrade line...there's nowhere to go so it's kind of boring to level them.  Taking Setsuna through Exia (basic) -> Exia -> Exia Repair -> Exia Repair II -> Gundam OO -> OO Raiser -> OO Raiser (final ep version) -> Quan[T] was a lot of fun, but now it's like what's the point in continuing to use him for another 30 hours with the same attacks and nowhere to go.  And Exia probably has the longest upgrade route in the game with all those units.  Other units are like Astray -> Astray Red Frame and then that's it.  Or Stargazer which goes nowhere.  So after you get the unit and try them out it's sort like what's the point.  And it's hard to move from one series to another because the upgrade paths usually just upgrade or downgrade to units within the same series.  I have a ton of OO Units, but for instance, nothing from the SEED universe.  Early on it's very addictive to build up these units, but later on when the missions are getting harder and harder, starting at LVL.1 of an upgrade path is just not very viable.  Like I got Tobia in Crossbone Gundam (basic) and he's a terrible unit at this point in the game and it's really tough to level him to get to his further Crossbones.

Then there's little things like not using the OPs/EDs for the music, just generic BGMs from the shows.  Not having the enemies talk in battle clips.  Other little things.

It's a fun series to try out for sure and I did enjoy it and see the appeal, but will stick to SRW games as SRW is more of a traditional SRPG but with awesome stories and awesome characters and awesome mecha.  Looking forward to Z2-2!  Speaking of which:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:13:48 PM by Bebpo »

« Reply #682 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

野球

Bebpo

« Reply #683 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
I get the feeling the dozens of videos they keep releasing are an attempt to say "LOOK, THIS GAME DOESN'T SUCK LIKE OUR LAST ONE.  PLEASE BUY"

When is UC out?  At this point I just want to know how it turned out.

Bebpo

« Reply #684 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
Also famitsu is hosting a homepage for SRW Z2-2.  I wager their review of the game will be completely unbiased and fair:

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/120223_srw_z2/

« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
I get the feeling the dozens of videos they keep releasing are an attempt to say "LOOK, THIS GAME DOESN'T SUCK LIKE OUR LAST ONE.  PLEASE BUY"

When is UC out?  At this point I just want to know how it turned out.

March 8th.
野球

« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »

Looks like there is Delta Gundam-related DLC that comes with the HG Delta Gundam model.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #687 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
The Hyakushiki Delta looks really nice.  Surprised how close to the Hyakushiki it looks.  Is the Delta supposed to be based on Hyakushiki?

« Reply #688 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »
The Hyakushiki Delta looks really nice.  Surprised how close to the Hyakushiki it looks.  Is the Delta supposed to be based on Hyakushiki?

The Delta Gundam is what the Hyaku Shiki was supposed to be.

Here is some more information:

Delta Gundam

This machine is how the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki, which was initially developed as a transformable MS but completed as a non-transformable MS due to problems with insufficient frame strength, would appear if completed as a transformable MS. While AE was trying various approaches to develop a production model of the Zeta series as a transformable MS, it also simultaneously conducted a reinvestigation of the shelved Delta plan. It's said that a few units of the Delta Plus were produced as a mass production prototype.

Hyaku Shiki

The Hyaku Shiki (codename: "δ Gundam" (Delta Gundam) is a mobile suit built by Anaheim Electronics as part of the "Zeta Project". Originally designed as the MSN-001 Delta Gundam, the unit was intended to be a test unit for the transforming MSZ-006 Z Gundam by incorporating the "movable frame" technology found in the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II and back-pack wing binders for additional mobility, though defects in the frame design rendered it incapable of transforming to mobile armor mode. The Delta Gundam's transformation capabilities would be used in the production of the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus while the gold armor was used to create the Hyaku Shiki. The Hyaku Shiki sported a gold-colored frame, utilizing a prototype anti-beam reflective coating.
When the Hyaku Shiki was created, the gold color on the alloy was not intentional. Instead, it was supposed to be what Anaheim Electronics called "anti-beam coating". AE had anticipated the growing use of beam weapons like the beam sabre, beam rifle and beam cannons which led to the development of anti-beam coating to armor. This coating is to replace the use of I-field generator ,a device which generates an invisible anti-beam field which is also very large and drains a lot of power from the generators. Thus I-field generators were only installed on mobile armors such as the RX-78GP03D Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis" that saw action in U.C. 0083. The use of the anti-beam coating for a mobile suit is very expensive, and thus, the Federation could not fund this. Only the wealthy individuals of Zeon such as Char Aznable (Quattro Bajeena) can afford one. As Char went under a guise during his time with the Anti-Earth Union Group, funds from his previous resources could be redirected and expended on the development of the anti-beam coating. Anaheim was willing to develop anything for anyone with the necessary funds.

Delta Plus

It is based on the MSN-001 δ Gundam, a transformable MS designed during the Gryps Conflict that, because of problems with insufficient frame strength, was completed as the non-transforming MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. CG models of the Delta Gundam exist on the net, though it was never built. While Anaheim Electronics was trying various approaches to develop a production model of the Zeta series as a transformable MS, it also simultaneously conducted a reinvestigation of the shelved Delta plan and created the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus as a result. It is said that a few units of the δ Plus were produced as a mass production prototype, with one machine being sent to the Nahel Argama in U.C. 0096.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:48:48 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
I sat down to play some G Gen World since I hadn't played it in a few days and had the night free.

...5 hours later psp runs out of battery >_<  This game is way too addictive.  GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

About to get Freedom Gundam, have Crossbone Full Cloth, QUAN[T], God Gundam, Destiny Gundam, Nu Gundam HWS, Susanoo, Delta Gundam, GP03 (working toward Dendro), Astray Red Frame, Astray Blue Frame.  So many gundams! 

But yeah, the game is a huge timesink.  This will be my first and last G Gen game.

cool breeze

« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »

this looks cool.  the gundam games in space are usually just completely empty while in the series the battles play out more like that.

if anyone played Shattered horizons on PC, that's the game that capture the feel of Gundam space battles for me.  just hiding behind objects makes UC more like that.

« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
I like that there is an actual sense of movement in those videos for UC. The background actually moves with you, unlike a lot of mecha space games where the stars are static. Having capital ships around is a nice touch as well.
野球

« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »
Amazon JP stopped taking preorders for the UC LE box. Huh.
野球

« Reply #693 on: February 27, 2012, 12:18:40 AM »

If I'm reading that right, the DLC that comes with the Delta Gundam model (and will eventually show up on the Japanese PSN store) lets you play as Quattro.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #694 on: February 27, 2012, 12:31:08 AM »
Is that going to be in Unicorn (the anime) by the end?

Also it says you can play as Quattro and there's a mission where you play a simulator against him in his Delta Gundam.

« Reply #695 on: February 28, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
More new videos:

http://uc.channel.or.jp/system/

Famitsu score: 7,8,8,9 = 32/40
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #696 on: March 04, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »
I was doing my weekly check on robo gaming news and I saw that at the upcoming Vita event, one of the 4 big name creators to be on stage is Terada from the SRW team.

I don't think he'd be there if they were just announcing vaporware like "a Vita SRW someday".  Guessing they're going to announce a new SRW related game for Vita.  Most likely port/remake since the teams have their hands full with Z2-2 and 2nd OGs.  Would be neat if it was a new handheld SRW though.  But yeah, going with low expectations.  Wouldn't be surprised if they did OGs+OGG portable package to hype up 2nd OGs.

« Reply #697 on: March 08, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
Gudnam UC shipped. Should be balls deep in some janky mecha action Saturday!

http://uc.channel.or.jp/dlc/index.html

First round of DLC info. It's all free except for the Sinaju Stein theft mission (500 yen).

Missions:
“The War After the War” mission is 500 yen.
*Includes Sinaju Stein and Geara Doga (Angelo unit)
"Versus Sinaju Stein" battle mission is free.
"Versus Delta Gundam and Quattro Bagina" battle mission comes with the HGUC Delta Gundam model.

Mobile Suits:
Geara Doga (Full Frontal unit) is free.
Jegan is free.
Delta Gundam is a first pressing bonus.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:24:48 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #698 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
I went back and picked up my save on SRW Alpha 3 and did a couple of maps.  Having just played (and still in the later half of) 30 hours of G Generation World, it really struck me how much better SRW is than G Gen.  Man I love SRW.  ~4 weeks until Z2-2!

Anyhow, Z2-1 on PSP vs. Z2-1 on Vita:

Kind of want to cancel my physical pre-order of Z2-2 and get it on digital to play on Vita instead.  But I love my packaging too much :(

« Reply #699 on: March 10, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
My copy of UC has been sitting in customs in San Francisco for ~36 hours now. Awesome. :maf
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:30:34 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #700 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »
Forgot about this thread.  Are western Mechs welcome?

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=37975.0

« Reply #701 on: March 11, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Forgot about this thread.  Are western Mechs welcome?

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=37975.0

Yep! All welcome.
野球

« Reply #702 on: March 13, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Got my copy of Gundam UC today. Played for a few minutes so far, but it's fun. Better than ACE R.

http://andriasang.com/con09x/gundam_battle_operation/

Namco Bandai Readying Free Gundam Online Game for PS3
Six on six online action coming in June!
10 min. ago / Anoop Gantayat / 0 Comments

Gundam UC is now out. Time for the next PS3 Gundam game to be announed!

This one's a bit different, though. Famitsu has first details this week on Gundam Battle Operation, an online Gundam game that will be released to the PS3 in late June. The game is free to download. Basic play is also free.

Developed by B.B. Studio, which also worked on 2nd Super Robot Taisen Z and Masou Kishin II, Battle Operation is a six versus six action battle game. In addition to taking on the battle field in your mobile suit, you'll also have to run around as a pilot at times.

Famitsu does not have details on how Namco Bandai will be making money off the title, but one can speculate we'll get lots of paid items. The game's concept is apparently "a deep game that can be played at length without payment."

Namco Bandai will hold a closed beta test for the game. Interested parties will be able to put their name down for one of the 10,000 slots between March 29 and March 31. Expect details on the beta test once the game is formally announced later this week.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #703 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »
Cool I guess.  I think I'm finally getting tired of Gundam games.  They announce a new one like every other month.

cool breeze

« Reply #704 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:20 AM »

the rolling is hilarious, but infantry soldiers fighting alongside mechs is cool.  that 360 game had it too.

it's free so I'll check it out.

« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
Looks pretty fun. I signed up for the beta test last night, hope I get in.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #706 on: March 18, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »

Sounds like this is a pretty cool trailer.  I'm not watching it though since I have a feeling there's going to a hell of a lot of recycling in Z2-2, so that 13 mins of trailer is probably like 75% of the new animations.

« Reply #707 on: March 18, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »
There was a new commercial for it during AGE last night, looked cool. JPTV is a great little program.

Also, UC review:
http://www.mechadamashii.com/reviews/reviews-gundam-unicorn-710/
野球

« Reply #708 on: March 20, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
Rumors of a new Macross PS3 hybrid pack. This time it's Do You Remember Love? on Blu-ray with a new game.
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #710 on: March 23, 2012, 05:40:11 AM »
There was a new commercial for it during AGE last night, looked cool. JPTV is a great little program.

Also, UC review:

Is this it?
http://download.pchome.net/multimedia/media/detail-27375.html

« Reply #711 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »

Also, UC review:

Is this it?
http://download.pchome.net/multimedia/media/detail-27375.html

Yep, thats it. Good selection of channels and the feed quality is the best I've seen for free.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #712 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
So in mecha news, I just finished SD Gundam G Generation World.  Was my first foray into the G Gen series and I got really into it and spent the full ~55 hours to do everything and see every gundam in the game (which is a lot because World was the end title for that era of G Gen so it had a ridiculous amount of units).

I liked it, but I will not play another G Gen game for at least 5+ years. 

Pros:
+Seeing lots of obscure mechs
+Hearing some great music.  Especially good themes for manga characters like the Astray/Crossbone stuff.
+The generation breaks and hidden secrets for each map was, like the SRW Skill Point system, a way to make every map intense and challenging and fun.
+I like the KI system, even if it's a bit broken because it speeds things up.  The idea that if you kill an enemy you get another turn for 3-4 times and get stronger until you are 1 hit killing anything until you get hit is cool.  I kind of want this in SRW, though the "move again" skill in Z2-1 is getting there.  And it would BREAK SRW balance if it was like G Gen so I understand why it isn't.
+Upgrading/combining/pokemon-ing gundams is cool and addicting.
+Covered just about every freaking battle in Gundam history
+Voiced dialogues everywhere and anime cutins when major units appear are really cool.  SRW could use some more voice!

Cons:
-No story.  At all.  The final map is just whatever and then it shows a literally 5 second ending FMV and the credits roll.  Game has no plot and that's hard for me to accept when I'm putting 50+ hours into an srpg.
-No balance.  Just totally unbalanced.
-Having to "buy" the pilots to match the unit to get the right voice clips/music is annoying because sometimes you don't get a good unit until far in and it's super strong and if you buy a pilot they will be lvl.1 stats and suck compared to the rest of your cast.  Discourages using the right pilots on their units.  Stupid system.
-Maps are too long often because the enemies appear far as fuck away from your group and you have to spend 2-3 turns moving everyone closer to them.

Random:
-So instead of having single unit restoring EN/HP units like in SRW, in G Gen you just move people back into their mothership and BAM!  They are at full life and EN again.  Makes it a lot easier than SRW, but again, very broken.  SRW games can be challenging because you have to balance your EN and SP to reserve for the entire map.  G Gen makes me appreciate the balance that goes into SRW games, even if lately (Alpha 3 and beyond) they've been pretty easy, even on hard mode.

Overall, was fun.  Now I'm ready for Z2-2 for my next handheld srpg.  Might pick up my 2nd run I was doing through Z2-1 and knock that out before I get Z2-2 since maps take like 5 mins on 2nd run and that way I'd be all refreshed on what happened exactly with everyone's plotline before Z2-2 starts.

Bebpo

« Reply #713 on: March 29, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »
Wrote a more fleshed out review for people who haven't heard of the series or played any and want to know what it plays like:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36457507#post36457507

Bebpo

« Reply #714 on: April 03, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Marathoned a replay of Z2-1 Hakai-hen over the last few days.  Just finished my replay and it was still a good 24 hours (probably 14 hour being the last 13 maps) >_<.  SRW games are long :P

I liked the game A LOT more on this replay.  I think the game is actually pretty damn awesome and the only reason I was really disappointed when it came out last year was I expected it to go further in a lot of the stories.  But now with Z2-2 here it's less of an issue since Z2-2 will pick up the bulk.  Z2-1 does cover a lot of material, and most of it is super awesome and well done.  Really great SRW title.  Might be my 2nd favorite behind Z1 on replay.  SUPER HYPED about Z2-2 now. 

« Reply #715 on: April 04, 2012, 12:15:28 AM »
Eureka Seven AO and Lagrange BD/PS3 hybrid packs coming this Fall.
野球

« Reply #716 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #717 on: April 05, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »
I think I might actually get the DYRL pack, because it's the only one that comes with a good anime + what seems to be a good game (since all these Macross games based on the PSP one are typically well received by our own Mr. Gundam plus the majority of the internet).  I would have bought that shitty .hack anime just for the game if it was an actual rpg and not some silly fighter.  Even if it was like a 5 hour rpg!  I just want a .hack game with good anime cell-shaded graphics!

AO could be good, but fuck buying an import TV series these days with insane exchange prices and cheap domestic prices.

« Reply #718 on: April 05, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
I'm curious if AO is going to be an OVA+game like Lagrange, or if they're going to be massive fucks and release the entire series with games on  hybrid discs like Idolmaster.

Already got my DYRL pack preordered (regular version).
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #719 on: April 09, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »
I've put about 25-30 hours into Z2-2 Saisei-hen over the weekend.  Probably a little over 25% through doing a full scenario chart run. 

Game is good so far.  I dunno, not a whole lot to say since the first 25% is just re-introducing all the cast again.  Geass R2 stuff is nice, good BGM.  OO Gundam sprite looks weird, hopefully it'll look better as OO Raiser.  Cherubim looks waaaay shittier than Dynamos.  The other two look alright.  The OG story is just...ok so far, but it's really early.  The new OG themes are all pretty great. 

Deploy count is definitely higher, around 20 units from the start instead of 15 from Z2-1.  Still, lack of any squad/partner system makes the combined maps tough to choose which units to deploy.  But lots and lots of branching so you get to use them all.

Some nice crossover stuff.  Things like Amuro x Ribbons, Mr. Bushido x the samurai guy from Geass.

A little burnt out at this point. so slowing down on it and playing some other stuff.  But will keep it at it as it's very enjoyable.  I have to say the music in the Z2 series has been REALLY good.  Banpresto is just nailing the chiptune BGM version of these OPs and OG songs and they sound great on PSP w/headphones.

Oh, I am a little disappointed with Tetsujin 28.  He's a great unit, amazing armor, great damage, even heals nearby units!  But he doesn't have many attacks (like Godmars) and his attack animations are a bit plain.  Godmars at least had cool retro animations.  Hopefully he'll get some better attacks later on.