Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 828559 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #5280 on: August 18, 2018, 10:44:19 PM »
The first Exiles run was soooo good.

The mystery behind it all at the start and actually missing the characters as they came and went. :'(

Pour one out for Mimic.  :'(

Exiles is what got me back into comics, after having not read much of anything for a years, when I was living overseas.  Really enjoyed how it was "interactive What If?" and had the characters jumping between all the various alternate worlds.  Began losing some interest when Chris Claremont took over the writing duties and started doing Claremont-era X-Men stuff- Was nice to see Psylocke come back, but then he had Slaymaster pop up (really??), Proteus come back and end up possessing a dead Morph's body (and was tricked into thinking he WAS Morph- how did that get resolved?), etc. etc. 

Then another Exiles series started up with Claremont again writing and Psylocke and AoA Sabertooth as the leads.  I didn't read it.  Maybe I should?

And then another series started up that brought back Blink but didn't last.

Then we got the more "X" focused X-Treme X-Men that was kind of similar to Exiles, but sort of came and went. 

I didn’t realize there was a new exiles.

It reminds me of X-Treme X-Men in that doesn't get a lot of attention and is sort of just there.  Nothing earth-shattering happening and the current roster is kind of boring. 
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5281 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »
I believe the proteus morph sacrificed himself to save the team.

I’m not 💯on that though and am going on memory. Either that or he again realized he was proteus.

Chris Claremont kind of sucked. I think we can all safely say say that now despite his “legendary” status.

I believe I enjoyed the exiles with AOA sabretooth and psylocke. I wouldn’t spend time hunting it down, but if you have unlimited or something I’d give it a go.

kingv

« Reply #5282 on: August 18, 2018, 11:55:31 PM »
Appears I was wrong about morph. Somehow he got his body back.

I do like how they would incorporate elseworlds stuff.

They had bloodstorm in it for a bit, and then the assassin Spider-Man. Exiles rules. So did runaways.
Young avengers was fucking trash though. Especially that reality show focused version around dark reign.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5283 on: August 19, 2018, 12:14:08 AM »
Ha, reading Exiles and then especially that first arc of Runaways along with taking in the unbelievable scope of No Man's Land is what started to return me to comics on a regular basis after I had moved away from them for whatever reason for some years starting in my teens.

Then I think Fables is what really cemented me back in them as an ongoing concern for good and I haven't escaped since.

kingv

« Reply #5284 on: August 19, 2018, 12:50:19 AM »
Fables was excellent.

That was one of the last books my dad and I read together mailing trades back and forth.

I have never read No Mans Land, that’s the Batman story line from the late 90s, right? Is it worth going back to?

I took a pretty big break from comics through basically 1997 through 2010. Comixology and marvel unlimited is what got me back into it. I can’t really do the whole physical books anymore.

So my first exposure to exiles was maybe 2011 or 2012. I think I first read it as a dark reign crossover.

I also really liked Dark Reign. I don’t hear much love for it from anyone else, but i really enjoyed that whole thing.

benjipwns

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5286 on: August 21, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »
I see the X-men continues to be all over the place  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Given they are getting rid of these characters for the OG squad to return so when is Cyclops coming back  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5287 on: August 21, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »

Given they are getting rid of these characters for the OG squad to return so when is Cyclops coming back  :doge

If not after Extinction, I bet he's back after Uncanny restarts.  :doge
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5288 on: August 21, 2018, 03:08:05 PM »
What *has* Cyke been up to since AvX?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5289 on: August 21, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »
What *has* Cyke been up to since AvX?

-Killed Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix force during AvX
-Goes to prison after the events of AvX
-Is broken out by Magneto and starts another team of "outlaw" X-Men with Emma Frost, Magik, and Magneto
-Eventually breaks this team up and sends his students to the other X-Men school
-Secret Wars happens
-Post Secret Wars, Cyclops is secretly one of the first to die from the M-Pox virus that comes about from the Terrigen mist clouds flying around the world that creates new Inhumans (this is when Marvel was trying to make Inhumans the next X-Men and failing miserably)

And that's it.  He was made to be a generally unlikable bitch, kills his mentor, doesn't pay for his crime, then just dies.  All the stuff with Cyclops after Death Of X and the X-Men vs. Inhumans stuff that follows with Cyclops is actually just Emma Frost using her powers to make people think he's alive and her doing what she think he would have done.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing:

When the Phoenix attempts to return once again by bringing the adult Jean Grey back to life, it allows her to talk with what appears to be Cyclops' spirit, but after reading his mind about the events that led to his death, Jean simply expresses regret that she wasn't there to help him, the two apologizing for the way things ended before she and Scott agree that they belong dead. 'Scott' subsequently ages rapidly and dies in Jean's arms, Jean informing the Phoenix that all she wanted was to say goodbye to her husband.

So he came back only to die again  :lol  I wish they would stop killing off characters if all that's going to happen is them coming back later on.  If you don't want to use a character...why not have him/her "retire" for a bit or go off to do their own thing in another book or not at all for a while?  That used to happen in the X-Men books in the late 70s/early 80s with the original X-Men.  Why the hell don't they just do that now?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:23:01 PM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5290 on: August 21, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
I'm firmly on Team Cyke. Him killing Xavier was awesome. He was also totally right in AvX.

Prove me wrong.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5291 on: August 21, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »
I'm firmly on Team Cyke. Him killing Xavier was awesome. He was also totally right in AvX.

Prove me wrong.

I can't even remember what all the drama between Cyclops and Wolverine was about at this point.  :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5292 on: August 21, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »

Prove me wrong.

I can't even remember what all the drama between Cyclops and Wolverine was about at this point.  :lol

Something about the Phoenix coming to earth to reside in Hope (peacefully?) and Cap(?) not believing Scott about it so Cap fucks up and splits the Phoenix into five parts, which actually works OK for a while but then it starts breaking down so Scott goes "I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HANDLE DA POWER" and he basically does, during which time he kills Prof X.

I think that's how it went down anyways. Cap was wrong about the Phoenix's intentions and Hope's abilities to contain it and Cyke was right.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5293 on: August 21, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »
Should I read Metal? I liked Snyder Batman take before the whole Court of the Owls BS

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5294 on: August 21, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »
Oh, OK, you don't mean Schism...you mean just the AvX part.  Naw, I don't agree- Cyke couldn't handle the power, hence him killing Xavier and getting greedy, and taking more power from the others.

In defense against the combined assault of the Avengers and the X-Men, Cyclops kills Xavier and attacks Emma Frost, absorbing her portion of the Phoenix Force and elevating to Dark Phoenix.[94] In pitched battle, the Avengers and X-Men weaken Cyclops enough for Hope to absorb the Phoenix Force into herself. She undoes the changes to the world caused by Cyclops and she and the Scarlet Witch then spread out the Phoenix Force across the globe, causing thousands of people to become mutants. Cyclops is held captive in a ruby quartz cell and while guilt-stricken over killing Xavier, he is happy over the mutant race restarted and claims he would do it all over again.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5295 on: August 21, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »
Xavier is a massive controlling creep in the comics and I'm glad Scott killed him.

Also "Oh gee let's all attack this superpowerful former teammate who's clearly under a lot of mental stress over no one listening to him even though he was right about the Pheonix and Hope, that should work out." ::)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5296 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:24 PM »
None of them could handle the Phoenix force.  That was kind of the point of the whole story.  IIRC there was backstory involving previous Phoenix force holders and Hope was supposed to be the current incarnation or whatever, but wasn't ready for it.

Also Xavier is already back.
:neogaf
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5297 on: August 21, 2018, 04:28:24 PM »
Should I read Metal? I liked Snyder Batman take before the whole Court of the Owls BS

Court of Owls was his first Batman storyline though?? :confused Unless you mean Black Mirror or Gates of Gotham.

Tasty

« Reply #5298 on: August 21, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »
None of them could handle the Phoenix force.  That was kind of the point of the whole story.  IIRC there was backstory involving previous Phoenix force holders and Hope was supposed to be the current incarnation or whatever, but wasn't ready for it.

"the Avengers and X-Men weaken Cyclops enough for Hope to absorb the Phoenix Force into herself. She undoes the changes to the world caused by Cyclops and she and the Scarlet Witch then spread out the Phoenix Force across the globe, causing thousands of people to become mutants."

This is literally what Cyclops was telling them would happen. Scott didn't even want the Phoenix Force before he got it. (It should also be noted that even in a world where Cyke killing X was unjustified, Scott wouldn't be on the hook for it anyways since PF has a will of its own and corrupting people is kinda it's thang.)

Lo and behold.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5299 on: August 21, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »

"the Avengers and X-Men weaken Cyclops enough for Hope to absorb the Phoenix Force into herself. She undoes the changes to the world caused by Cyclops and she and the Scarlet Witch then spread out the Phoenix Force across the globe, causing thousands of people to become mutants."

This is literally what Cyclops was telling them would happen. Scott didn't even want the Phoenix Force before he got it. (It should also be noted that even in a world where Cyke killing X was unjustified, Scott wouldn't be on the hook for it anyways since PF has a will of its own and corrupting people is kinda it's thang.)

Lo and behold.

There was more to the story than that, but it's been what...5-6 years?  So I don't quite remember.  But a big part was the Phoenix five slowly turning into dark phoenixes, hence what Cyclops did.  He didn't want Hope to have that power at that point, IIRC.

Also why are we talking about this?  :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5300 on: August 21, 2018, 04:43:37 PM »
No idea. :lol But it's probably the only marvel thing I care about. AvX is in the 1% of my Comixology library that's not DC. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5301 on: August 21, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
Went back and checked the AvX summary rather than a Cyclops summary.  This story was kind of like part four of a storyline that started with the Messiah Complex -> Messiah War -> Second Coming arcs that ultimately introduced and centered on Hope (funny how she's barely a character in X books now).  That also reminded me of how those storylines made Bishop into a bad guy, since he wanted to kill Hope, but now he's back with the X-Men too.  :lol ::)

It's Cable who tells people that the Phoenix is coming and that a fuck-up by the Avengers destroys the future.  Cyclops takes Cable's side here and is clearly in the right, but then ends up getting possessed by the Phoenix and goes dark...and doesn't want to give up the power.  Now he's in the wrong. 

It's both an Avengers and X-Men team-up with Hope and Scarlet Witch (yes, I know, I know...she's a mutant) that stops him.  Who suggested the team-up?  Captain America.   It is then Hope who uses her power to restore the mutant population.  Cyclops had nothing to do with it and is just happy that this happened in the end, despite all the damage and deaths that he caused. 

Marvel made him into an unlikable jerk to the point that they came up with the idea to bring in a younger version of himself who hated what he became.  That said, look at Wolverine- he was made to be the "better man" of the two, but while Cyclops was getting blamed for X-Force being the black ops X-squad, who was carrying out all that shit?  Wolverine.
:ufup

Lock 'em all up.  :P
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5302 on: August 21, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
*activates benji signal* :drudge

BTW the penultimate issue of all canonical Buffy season comics ever comes out tomorrow!

Sad to see this incredible, decade-plus run come to an end. :(

Disney buying Fox means that Dark Horse is handing over all of Joss's comics rights to Marvel (like with Star Wars.) So it's possible my Marvel collection will get bumped up in the future I guess. :P

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5303 on: August 21, 2018, 05:00:55 PM »
No idea. :lol But it's probably the only marvel thing I care about. AvX is in the 1% of my Comixology library that's not DC. :lol

If you go and check out other stories from before and after AvX, you'll see that Cyclops was ultimately a dick.   :lol  They just kept making him more and more unlikable.  I don't remember anyone saying they even really cared when they killed him off.   :lol

Let's see here-

Cyclops- Became an almost dictator-like douchebag
Jean- Hosted the Phoenix force, more than once, which caused galaxy-wide problems
Beast- Brought back the O5 from the past which has fucked up time
Angel- Got all fucked up by Apocalypse and at one point was going fuck everything up as Archangel
Havok- Got changed to a bad guy and did lots of fucked up shit

So I guess the ones who came out ahead were Polaris (who also had some issues) and Iceman.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5304 on: August 21, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
I also really liked Dark Reign. I don’t hear much love for it from anyone else, but i really enjoyed that whole thing.

Ditto, from what I read of it.  I don't think I read all the Dark Avengers comics and never did read Siege, but I liked how after Norman Osborn 'wins' and is in charge, it's not just "WE'RE THE BAD GUYS AND WE WON HAHAHAHAH!!!" but rather most of the Dark Avengers actually trying to be superheroes, especially Moonstone, who wanted to surpass Ms. Marvel in that role.  Mac Gargan as a fucked-up Spider-Man was also fun.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5305 on: August 21, 2018, 05:06:03 PM »
Yeah but teen Iceman got outed but not adult Iceman right? How does that one work. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5306 on: August 21, 2018, 05:08:33 PM »
Yeah but teen Iceman got outed but not adult Iceman right? How does that one work. :lol

young Bobby confronts his older self, who admits to being gay, having 'concealed' that part of himself so that he could have avoid being prejudiced against for another part of himself.

No idea if they ever touched on that again- IIRC adult Bobby was trying to date Kitty Pryde, but maybe that was before the gay reveal.  Hard to remember.

I don't recall the younger version being gay leading to anything big, either- he dated an Inhuman and it was more like "GASP MUTANTS AND INHUMANS TOGETHER?!?!" before they ended it.  I feel like maybe they just wanted something to separate the younger Iceman from the older one, since out of all younger/older versions of the characters, they're the most similar to one another.

Who knows.  The easiest answer is "Bendis, lol." 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:12:50 PM by bork »
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #5307 on: August 21, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »

Court of Owls was his first Batman storyline though?? :confused Unless you mean Black Mirror or Gates of Gotham.

Detective Comics during Bat Dick days (Black Mirror)...

Tasty

« Reply #5308 on: August 21, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
That was literally just 1 of his 2 pre-Court Bat stories. :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #5309 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »
That was literally just 1 of his 2 pre-Court Bat stories. :lol

So? I liked them but I thought the Court of Olws was just Batman RIP with good art.

Tasty

« Reply #5310 on: August 21, 2018, 10:12:48 PM »
I thought the Court of Olws was just Batman RIP with good art.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5311 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
I thought the Court of Olws was just Batman RIP with good art.

(Image removed from quote.)

Secret conspiracy that implies the Waynes were secretly evil pushing Batman to his psychological limits?

Tasty

« Reply #5312 on: August 21, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »
:thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #5313 on: August 21, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »
:thinking

I suppose Im right given the lack of text to contextualize that emoji.

Anyway, Metal is worth reading or not for someone that dropped comics in general after Batman Inc ended?

Tasty

« Reply #5314 on: August 21, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »
No, you won't like it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5315 on: August 21, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
No, you won't like it.

Thanks, all I asked.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5316 on: August 22, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »

If not after Extinction, I bet he's back after Uncanny restarts.  :doge

I wonder what bullshit they will use and will he return to massive edgelord status.  :thinking

It kinda sucks since hes between a rock and a hard place because you either hate him for being too much of a goodie too shoes or a massive cunt  :beli

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5317 on: August 22, 2018, 11:41:20 AM »
OK, now I'm on board with the Psylocke-return-to-CAC body change-- At the end of Mystery In Madripoor, the Asian body wakes up with who is presumably Kwannon back in control:

ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #5318 on: August 22, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »
Does Betsy have the powers too now or not due to it being in that body you posted. :thinking

Tasty

« Reply #5319 on: August 22, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »
Race change body swap fuckery :dead

Marvel fuckery :dead

Combining the two :dead :dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5320 on: August 22, 2018, 12:27:23 PM »
Does Betsy have the powers too now or not due to it being in that body you posted. :thinking

She has her powers, too- haven't read this yet, but the story is that she gets sort of psychically-absorbed into Sapphire Styx's body.  Sapphire is a psychic vampire of sorts who absorbs souls.  While in there, Psylocke encounters various souls including a part of Wolverine (as Patch) and the soul remnants join with Psylocke to give her a shitload of power.  She then uses this power to burst free from Sapphire's mind/body/wherever and uses ions to recreate her original body.

So now we have kind of a reversal going on here of what has happened before, with original Betsy and Kwannon/Revanche now back in their bodies...so two Psylockes?  Wonder if this is something that will be ignored, if we'll have two Psylockes on the X-Men, or if Kwannon will be a villain (again)? :thinking 

Wolverine officially never shows up in any of these "Hunt For Wolverine" mini-series, but some of the revelations that have come from some of them could lead to some fun storylines if done right. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5321 on: August 22, 2018, 01:20:26 PM »
Race change body swap fuckery :dead

Marvel fuckery :dead

Combining the two :dead :dead

I think they should have just left it alone since the character has been that way for 30 years and her backstory just gets more and more complicated.-

She started out as Captain Britain's sister (with psi-powers)
She gets to be Captain Britain for a bit (at some point here, an evil version of her brother from another world tries to rape her.  Uh...)
She gets blinded by Slaymaster, who gouged her eyes out
She refuses implants, but Mojo kidnaps her, gives her cybernetic eyes (with cameras), and brainwashes her
The X-Men rescue her and she joins the X-Men, but sucks in combat and just kind of sits around until Wolverine (?) starts training her

Now here's where it gets even dumber:

Psylocke gets a premonition that The Reavers are going to kill all the X-Men
She sends them through the Siege Perilous, which is a fancy term for "throw the X-Men into a magical-cosmic portal and spit them out in new locations with character changes"
Psylocke is spit out of the portal as an amnesiac right near a Hand fortress.  They decide that she is perfect to use in an attempt to resurrect Kwannon, who was the Hand leader's lover and top assassin, and brain-dead at the time.
Somehow Mojo and Spiral contact the Hand and the two use psychic Hand conditioning and Mojo...stuff ("the Body Shoppe".  Sure!) to swap Psylocke's mind into Kwannon's body, with her psychic powers intact, and use her as an assassin.
We now have super-ninja Psylocke who's bad ass and shows lots of ass because Jim Lee wanted to draw some more half-nekkid women (bless you, Jim)

:dizzy

Kwannon then comes back a few years later, somehow inhabiting Psylocke's original body.  There's also a mess of memories and both are sort of the same person (and also used to explain why Asian Psylocke is kind of a sexpot who flirted with Cyclops and likes to run around half-naked- that's the Kwannon personality coming out).  This is sorted but then Kwannon dies because the original body got the legacy virus.

Psylocke gets fucked up somehow and another mystical thing called the Crimson Dawn restores her, giving her that dumb red tattoo over her eye and some different shadow-like powers.  I wasn't reading X-Men at this point so I have no idea how she got the psychic powers back (maybe she didn't?).  A few years later, Psylocke gets killed by Vargas.

Psylocke is mysteriously resurrected again a few more years later (I think this was supposed to be her crazy other brother Jamie Braddock's doing?), does X-Men stuff, then is transported to wherever the Exiles are and is in that series for a while.

An evil group of female mutants led by Madelyne Pryor resurrects her original body and makes Psylocke's mind go back into it.  I didn't read this story (Greg Land art :yuck) but I think the gist was that she was brainwashed, given her old powers back, and then the X-men win and she goes back to the Asian body.

Nice and easy to follow.
:dead
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #5322 on: August 22, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »

She has her powers, too- haven't read this yet, but the story is that she gets sort of psychically-absorbed into Sapphire Styx's body.  Sapphire is a psychic vampire of sorts who absorbs souls.  While in there, Psylocke encounters various souls including a part of Wolverine (as Patch) and the soul remnants join with Psylocke to give her a shitload of power.  She then uses this power to burst free from Sapphire's mind/body/wherever and uses ions to recreate her original body.

So now we have kind of a reversal going on here of what has happened before, with original Betsy and Kwannon/Revanche now back in their bodies...so two Psylockes?  Wonder if this is something that will be ignored, if we'll have two Psylockes on the X-Men, or if Kwannon will be a villain (again)? :thinking 

Wolverine officially never shows up in any of these "Hunt For Wolverine" mini-series, but some of the revelations that have come from some of them could lead to some fun storylines if done right.

:lol

I would assume she becomes a villain since you would need an evil version for the BrotherHood or whoever will hire her plus it would cause some fuckery if certain people don't know she has been split.

Though it would be interesting if both were on the good side :thinking

Is he still roaming around with a goddamn infinity stone?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5323 on: August 22, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
I would assume she becomes a villain since you would need an evil version for the BrotherHood or whoever will hire her plus it would cause some fuckery if certain people don't know she has been split.

Them being on the same side and part of the X-Men is exactly what happened for a bit, in the early 90s, when Revanche was introduced.   :lol  Having two of the same character isn't any special nowadays anyway- look at how many Spider-Men and Wolverines there are, lol.

AFAIK, yup.  Dunno if he's popped up in the currently big Infinite story going on right now (where Gamora is just killing bitches- Thanos and Adam Warlock are dead so far).
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5324 on: August 22, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
Astonishing X-Men Annual #1: In which the currently-living O5 adult X-Men (so everyone but Cyclops) meet for dinner, but then the party is crashed by X (resurrected Professor X in Fantomex's body), who was last seen in Astonishing mind-wiping his existence from everyone but Psylocke.

X reveals his identity to his students, admits to having been wrong about a lot things he did in the past, and then invites them all out to a little town in New York where he has a fancy car and a mansion, plus clothes for them all, despite having no access to his estate.  (This is questioned by the X-Men but no explanation is given).  The X-Men then just kind of lounge around town and Iceman eats burgers and shit.

What this story actually turns into is:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The X-Men realizing they're in a town that was formerly full of mutant-hating bigots, who are all acting super-nice, and that's because Lucifer (an alien parasite being who is responsible for paralyzing Xavier's old body and suggested as being so old that he's who the devil was named after...despite, you know...Mephisto) has invaded their bodies.  X's plan is to attack his primary host body and kill him, despite Beast, having been possessed, saying that all that happens is that you feel great and at peace with yourself, and the revelation that human bodies won't be able to handle the shock, so they'll all die when the primary host is killed.

The X-Men protest this, but Lucifer makes the mistake of trying to turn Angel, who promptly reverts to Archangel and kills him, and sure enough, the town pretty much drops dead.  X then mindwipes everyone and disappears.
[close]

Is Marvel trying to make X into the next Cyclops?  If so, they're doing a great job- he's a stuck-up, unlikable douchebag!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5325 on: August 22, 2018, 02:04:14 PM »
Are there any big X-Men characters who haven't died or gone through a major body swap/change?  Having trouble thinking of anybody.  :lol
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #5326 on: August 22, 2018, 03:06:05 PM »

Them being on the same side and part of the X-Men is exactly what happened for a bit, in the early 90s, when Revanche was introduced.   :lol  Having two of the same character isn't any special nowadays anyway- look at how many Spider-Men and Wolverines there are, lol.

Also Venom suits when i think about it.

AFAIK, yup.  Dunno if he's popped up in the currently big Infinite story going on right now (where Gamora is just killing bitches- Thanos and Adam Warlock are dead so far).

Oh they already revealed that mysterious character was her right.

Ever since they showed that fragment of her soul being trapped in soul world i started to think it was her (plus knowing about and taking out Thanos himself)  :lol

Also X still seems like an huge asshole.

Ever since it was revealed he was pining for Jean everything else just started to go to shit especially with the Vulcan reveal SNAFU.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:10:43 PM by Purple Filth »

Tasty

« Reply #5327 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:25 PM »
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/brian-michael-bendis-vows-to-remove-the-word-*incoherently screeching*-from-action-comics-1002-reprints

Bendis run already shitting the bed.

Wait, just kidding, it was shit since Man of Steel was an idea in that daft cunt's brain.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm on a total revenge warpath after that series. Jesus Christ.
[close]

Edit- The Bore has a word filter for this? The fuck?

Whoever did this is worse than bendis.

kingv

« Reply #5328 on: August 24, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »
Hopefully he changes it to “Autist”

Tasty

« Reply #5329 on: September 03, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
Nightwing got shot in the head.

So after 17 months of being Nightwing again he's amnesiac.

DC, I don't hate the decision, I'm just baffled... :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5330 on: September 03, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »
Anyone still read weekly/monthly comics? Use this thread to post what you're reading or recommend something that's worth reading.
why did manabyte stop posting here?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5331 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »
Anyone still read weekly/monthly comics? Use this thread to post what you're reading or recommend something that's worth reading.
why did manabyte stop posting here?

Dunno; maybe ask in a different thread.
:ufup
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5332 on: September 04, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »

Grayson-style stuff again or no?
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5333 on: September 04, 2018, 12:33:16 PM »

Grayson-style stuff again or no?

Amnesiac stuff it seems. Cause that hasn't been mined to death. :P

Purple Filth

« Reply #5334 on: September 04, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »

Talk about Plot Armor, geez

Tasty

« Reply #5335 on: September 04, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »
DC has literally done everything to kill Nightwing, including killing him*, and it hasn't stuck for more like, 30 seconds. Literally. Goes back to Infinite Crisis and even longer. DC thinks Dick must die.

* He was clinically dead for like a few seconds so they could extract a bomb or something in Future's End.

Tasty

benjipwns

« Reply #5337 on: September 05, 2018, 05:52:29 AM »
Nightwing got a nice Tom King issue this week tho.

Justice League is such a mess, but Snyder at least knew which source of information and backup plan to give Luthor.

Tasty

« Reply #5338 on: September 06, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »

Welp. :beli

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5339 on: September 06, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »
$75 a year?  :kobeyuck
WDW